shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th May till 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - so yesterday I sucked. I didn''t do much of anything lol. But I got up this morning, did my walk with 3lb weights, and did plank for 2 mins! I plan to do more sculpting tonight and the weekend means lots more!! :)
Tomorrow I''ll be hitting up the farmer''s market as well, as it has become a weekly routine. I love the fresh produce and fresh bread mmm.
Tonight I''m cooking a healthy broccoli risotto with raisins, and mashed black beans side for dinner and cupcakes yay! lol.

Skippy - grats on 10k posts, and 3lbs!!! You''re on a roll this week
appletini - good to rotate the workouts, how did you result soreness wise? Any good workouts there? I HAVE to try that pizza next week. Wish me luck lol.
Bee - good luck with your exams!!
Shiny - How did dress shopping turn out?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have time right now to catch up on the posts, but I saw in passing that many of you want to know about the snake wrangling.

This is the story:

My best friend from high school (who I rarely see) asked me to go fishing. Of course I said yes. We went out to the canal locks. (where water pours in and connects the Mississippi River to the Illinois River.) Good fishing can always be found at the bottom of the "waterfall" where everything gets churned up and lots of oxygen gets into the water.

We are always careful about snakes because we have 4 venomous varieties around here. The canals are also a favorite place of water moccasins (read: the most deadly snake in the US).

So, I pull in a bass (and throw him back cause he was small) and I see a snake swimming through the water about 10 feet down from us. (straight down, we''re standing on the top of the lock which is cement) My friend jokingly says "you want me to hook it?!" and throws in her line. Well, she ropes cattle and happens to be a good aim, so she immediately snags the snake as I''m saying "NOOO!" She''s desperately afraid of snakes, but they don''t bother me. SO, she starts freaking and tries to lob it off of her line. All she ended up doing was wrapping her line around the fella, she tries again...so now her line is twice around the snake and the hook is lodged in a scale. The first thought in my mind is of course, water moccasin?? maybe we should cut the line. But, kids fish down there and I don''t want one to catch the snake by all of the junk that''s hanging on him and not know how to get him unhooked without getting bit. So, I told her to reel him in but she''s so scared she kind of jerks it out of the water...it sails past my head hissing...I feel my hair fly where it skimmed me. The snake hits the water again. This time I say "LISTEN, REEL him in." She obliges. We get him to the concrete, my friend is dancing and making funny noises. I grab the fishing net and use the metal part to pin him right behind his head to the concrete (a la Jeff Corwin). Then I grab his tail and pull him straight (all 2.5 feet of him) and my friend untangles and unhooks him. Now, is about the time I think "if I got his mouth open I''d know for sure if he''s a water mocassin" (they have a white mouth and are also called Cottonmouth). However, my good sense said that was probably not the most brilliant idea a person could have. So, grudgingly, I tell my friend to back up and I use my fishing net as a golf club and putt the guy back into the water. However, in my adrenaline-rush stage, I smacked him a bit harder than I intended (just wanting him to go away since he was pretty riled and agressive). He smacked the other side of the canal on the concrete and then fell into the water.

So, the above story is enough for some people to leave. But, not us. We just move down the canal a bit and continued to fish. By this time I have to pee and start heading to find a soft, fluffy bush and hoping that there are no skunks to bite my butt (an unreasonable fear I''ve had every since I can remember.) As I start heading back up the canal, I spot our snakey friend (or a likely relative) in the water. I decide to turn back around head towards my friend because there''s safety in numbers. The snake swims within 2 feet of us hissing and then heads up the bank and into the brush. Now, we have a dangerous, PO''d snake hiding in the grass very near us. SO, NOW is when we say "I think it IS time to go." And, we got in the truck and left....to go to another lock and recommence fishing.

THE END

Dress shopping went really well, she bought a dress and she looks so beautiful in it!

I''ve been baking all morning and have some left to do for Mother''s Day brunch tomorrow. I did make an extra loaf of banana bread for home, I figured that was the best option out of all the pastry-like items to keep.

bye for now!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG SS you have guts. The first time I saw that snake, I would have bolted and RAN out of there fast!!!!!!! HA!!!

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! happy friday, yay...i am so glad for wkd!

just a quick check in for me... had zumba last nite and did 30 min of pilates before as well.

also, i have been walking ~2 miles 4x a week with a friend at work, it''s fun...we go get tart frozen yogurt for an afternoon snack, gets us out of the office and out into the sun. today we''re walking to lunch with some friends.

tomorrow i''ll do zumba and pilates for 2 hours. sunday we might hike....we keep talking about it but hard to find the time! i''m making my mom a cake for mothers day too so that will happen on saturday.

hope all the mothers are going to have fun this wkd! oh and random note, it''s our 4 year anniversary on monday...how time flies! we''re not doing anything ''special''...just a nice dinner out and we''re actually buying each other KITCHEN APPLIANCES for gifts, how funny is that in a kinda sad way??? last year diamond bracelet, this year appliances. LOL! but we want a new coffee maker and i want a hand mixer, lol. it''s the thought. we will do the shopping together so that''s going to be fun....plus there''s not much that either of us really ''wants'' right now. we still plan to do a big trip later this year so that''ll be our big gift.

anyway hope all are enjoying the day, have a fab wkd!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a lazy workout during lunch and walked on the TM 30 min, however someone had alraedy grabbed the BHG, so I had to read Self.

SS, that is quite a story!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
New forum for workout threads??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn''t expect a whole new forum, just a new thread title.

So, Will there be a thread similar to this here?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope have created a great new forum, and we can post our new Weekly Healthy Lifestyles thread there, also for any other health issues or discussions!

I have started a new thread for those to want to quit smoking to find help and support, so that would be great if the ex smokers here such as Rod, Kimmy and Monnie could post their experiences in the new thread when they have time please, if they would like to!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/quitting-smoking-support-thread.84960/

I want to say a huge thankyou to Andrey and Ali for creating the new forum and always thinking of the community, so we can discuss and find support for any health/ lifestyle choices!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We could have a Pilates thread perhaps sometime....
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great, I think? Other than clicking on the link from the old WWT forum, I''m not sure I''ve figured out where the new thread(s) is/are? Maybe I''m just having a senior day??

Today didn''t turn out as planned. Charlie just wasn''t up to a 12 mile skate and since we had worked out hard for the last three straight days, we just decided to have a more casual relaxing day. It''s also pretty darn not out today, so we''re just vegging. It''s almost Sushi, FroYo and Sbucks time, so I''ll write more tonight.

Cya later.........

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn''t expect this!! Thank you Andrey and Ali!!
36.gif

And kudos to you Lorelei for the Quit Smoking thread. I''m sure it will be helpful to many!! Hopefully me as well!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2008 5:26:29 PM
Author: Rod
This is great, I think? Other than clicking on the link from the old WWT forum, I''m not sure I''ve figured out where the new thread(s) is/are? Maybe I''m just having a senior day??

Today didn''t turn out as planned. Charlie just wasn''t up to a 12 mile skate and since we had worked out hard for the last three straight days, we just decided to have a more casual relaxing day. It''s also pretty darn not out today, so we''re just vegging. It''s almost Sushi, FroYo and Sbucks time, so I''ll write more tonight.

Cya later.........
Rod, go to Home, then you will see the new forum! Lets see if this works...

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/

Glad you had a nice relaxing day, you will get your skate in soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2008 5:26:44 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, I didn''t expect this!! Thank you Andrey and Ali!!
36.gif

And kudos to you Lorelei for the Quit Smoking thread. I''m sure it will be helpful to many!! Hopefully me as well!
Thankees! I think the new forum will be great and I hope the Quitting Smoking Thread will be useful!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Its on the forum home page, but not on the forum drop down list (which is what I normally use).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone. The exam today was better than yesterdays thankfully and then I just went to a friend''s house for dinner. Not a very exciting day!

Lorelei-I gave mups the cuddles!

Steph-glad to hear that the beach was good. I wish we had great beach weather over here. I didn''t know it was Orlando you lived in-I loved Orlando when I was there.

Woohoo Skippy!! 3lbs is amazing!!

Monarch-keeping my fingers crossed about the job at that company for you!!

Marcy-woohoo on the diamonds!! You absolutely 100% deserve them! Can''t wait to see them when they''re set. And a sapphire ring!! Woohoo!

Rod-Sorry to hear about your non-skating day. Definitely looking forward to having the exams over!

Ladypirate-the most important thing is that you enjoyed the treat and you can eat healthy the rest of the week

Spark-well done on the weight loss!

Hi Linda
35.gif

Thanks Dragonfly!

Oh my gosh Something
23.gif

Woohoo new forum! I didn''t even notice till reading those last few posts

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I am so excited the weekend is here. I lost ½ pound so now I need to loose 4.5 pounds to reach my goal. This weekend will be TOUGH though for me but I’ll be as good as I can. We are doing a display at the mall tomorrow so I’ve stocked up on water, fruit and 100 calorie snacks.
Sunday I get to go pick up my new jewelry and maybe look at one more thing I didn’t check out yesterday. I’ll have to think about that.
Woo hoo for the new forum. I like it.
Lorelei, I hope the pilates work out great for you. Yes, Marty knows me very well.
Ellen, I will post pictures Sunday (unless Marty snags them and wraps them up).
Appletini, your pizza sounds great. I made a pizza for supper too but will have to try the wheat crust recipe.
Linda, thanks so much for the kind words; I appreciate it a lot. The girls at work are planning something for me when I reach my goal but they just keep chuckling about it when I ask what they’ve got planned. I am glad to hear your mom’s surgery went okay. I hope you enjoyed running errands.
Dragonfly, you deserve to have a day of being lazy now and then. Yay for getting in some great workouts today.
Somethingshiny, your snake wrangling sounds like something right out of Jeff Corwin. I would freak out! I found a garter snake in our living room one time and we sure had “fun” catching it and getting it out of here. I hope your mother’s day brunch goes great tomorrow.
Mara, happy anniversary to you and Greg! Have fun getting some new kitchen appliances.
Rod, you certainly have earned a day or rest and relaxation.
Bee, that’s great your exam went well. Thanks for the woo hoo – I can’t wait to see my jewelry either.
Have a great evening!
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 5:26:44 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, I didn't expect this!! Thank you Andrey and Ali!!
36.gif

And kudos to you Lorelei for the Quit Smoking thread. I'm sure it will be helpful to many!! Hopefully me as well!
Yay, we are cheering you on ellen!!!!

Thank you Andrey and Ali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place rocks!

Well, we went to happy hour w/friends and I ate a burger and calamari; I need to watch what I eat the rest of the weekend. It was good to get together with our neighbors. I had a super busy day. I met a friend at the gym and we lifted weights and we plan to lift weights again on Monday together. I don't know if I told you all but yoga was wonderful last night. It was hard though, she mixed it up with something completely different so it was a great workout!!!

Thank you all for your sweet words
12.gif

SS wow, what a story, yikes to the snakes! Yay for a dress!

Happy anni Mara!

Apple, yay for the treadmill!

Good to see you Stepahnie!!!

Yay Lorelei, for being smoke free; that is a huge KUDOS FOR YOUR HEALTH!!!!

Hey Rod, hope sushi was wonderful!!!

Bee, yay for better exams!!! whooo hooo!

Marcy, you will be to your goal in no time!!!

Dragonfly, you didn't suck; hey, look at the positives and know u have room for improvement. Hang in there, you rock for the workout!!! I love farmers markets!

Linda, thank you!!! how are you? You will lose the weight soon, keep up the good workouts!

Hey Sparks!!!!! Yay for the weight loss!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........

Sushi, FroYo and Sbucks were all good. Then we came home and soaked in the hot tub for a while then watched Moonlight (one of my favorite shows these days). It really was a lazy day. Tomorrow we'll back in the gym like we always do on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing much else planned.

I finally figured out how to find the thread. Like apple said, it's on the home page and can't be accessed via the drop down options which is what I always used to get to the Family & Home forum. I'll get used to navigating a new way. Old dogs can learn new tricks for sure!

I'm late in congratulating Skippy on her 10,000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to see what you get with your PS money!!! Since I only write a couple posts a day, I figure it will take me another 9.5 years before I hit 10,000 posts!!! LOL

Yay for beer and Pizza LP! I hope it helped you relieve some of the stress that moving definitely causes!

Spark, I hope you're right that the perfect job is waiting around the corner. I thought I was pretty employable. But it's been 3 months now and not having anything on the horizon is doing a number on my self-confidence barometer. Thanks for the kind words!

I'm glad the fruit is looking better these days Marcy. We typically have wonderful fruit all year long in Florida! WOW, only 4.5 more pounds till you reach your goal. You rock Marcy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Linda! I know the economy is pretty bad everywhere.

Thanks for the snake wrangling explanation SS!! I'm afraid I don't care much for snakes and would have left pretty quickly once I realized there were snakes nearby.........

I'm glad today's exam was better than yesterday's bee*

Yummm, a burger and some calamari sounds great Skippy!! Maybe I'll finally treat myself to a burger tomorrow for dinner after our workout. If I indulge, the best time to indulge is immediately after a hard workout when the metabolism is pumped.

I guess that about does it for me for the day. I was thinking I would stay up and watch SNL, but then I realized it's Friday not Saturday. One thing about being unemployed is all the days are pretty much the same.......LOL
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

How old am I?? OLD!!! ha ha ha ha. I will be 59 come this September.
14.gif
My girlfriends and I say this is the last of our 50''s another
14.gif
. I know it isn''t old, but just seeing that new number and decade next year, isn''t very appealing to us. The years have just flown by.

We all enjoy our precious little grandchildren though. They (besides our hubbies) our the loves of our lives.

I have to tell you all something, it is absolutely adorable.

My little grandson Andrew came home from 1st grade today, with a little plant he made for his mother. It is a little plastic cup with dirt in it. He made a flower cut out of colored paper. In the center is his picture. His whole class made the. It is sooooo cute. I asked him what flower will grow from the plant and he said "Nana it is a California Puppy". ha ha ha ha. I wanted to burst out laughing, but of course I couldn''t. The teacher said California Poppy, only he heard California Puppy. I have to write that down in his baby book. I write in their books, until they are 10 years old.

He and Ryan come out with whoppers and I always want them to remember it (along with me of course)

Marcy: I am soooo darn proud of you for almost reaching your goal. What a huge accomplishment that was for you and you are only a few short pounds away from it.

Have a great evening everyone and sorry I didn''t acknowledge everyone, but a big hello to all
35.gif

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, you are young!!!!! Ahhhh, I love the California Puppy, LOL! Way too cute; aren''t kids the cutest and funniest. I love all the cute things they say. hehe Glad you are staying healthy for your grandkids. Have a wonderful mothers day Sunday Linda!!!

Rod, yay for a burger! I shared mine w/my neighbor; I still ate a lot but I will do better. hehe Thanks!!! Sounds like a great day in Florida; hey my friend got married in the Key''s at Little Palm Island. I want to go to the keys!

Steph, thank you for the Orlando information. Maybe I can convince them to go to Coco beach instead. hehe

Rod, I would love to go to Tampa! Sounds beautiful!

Happy Mothers Day all you wonderful MOM''s who do so much for your families
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you Moms.
I went to a retirement party today at the college where I teach and a lot of people didn’t recognize me.
Skippy that is wonderful you had a great yoga class last night. Happy Hour with friends sounds really fun and so does your burger. Thanks for the encouragement. You get PS money for hitting 10,000 posts? How cool is that? I missed that somewhere. What are you going to get?
Rod, our fruit isn’t the greatest around here most of the winter. I can’t wait until the farmer’s market starts again this summer. I plan on going down and buying produce as much as I can. I hope the perfect job is right around the corner for you. I can’t believe I am that close to my goal. Then my next goal is 10 more pounds.
Linda, the California Puppy story is adorable. That is awesome you write them down in a book; that is something you and they will always treasure. Thank you for being excited with me; it is amazing I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (or is that a train coming? Ha ha).
Take care.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Sshiny, your '' snake wrangling'' story was hysterical, or maybe it was the way you told your tale - I was laughing and shuddering alternately!
32.gif
9.gif

Mara and Greg, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and may you get lots of nice bakesie type goodies and bling!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Had a couple of days break for working out, but I will get back on it tomorrow, eating has been going well and jeans are fitting nicely!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all - morning check in. First of all, I have to share my ..... therapeutic moment? of the day! My sister''s barrel horse is gone for the weekend, as he is for sale, our trainer took him to a weekend show to run him and advertise him for us. So my sister''s retiree was left all by his lonesome. This morning I decided to go open the big gate between pastures and let him run with my two boys. When they found out how much room they had, they threw their tails in the air and ran and ran and ran. It was gorgeous. It''s funny because he is chocolate brown and then I have a black and a white, so it was like all the colors of the horsedome rainbow....almost. But they had a blast and looked so pretty. Fortunately this guy gets along with my boys quite well where the other doesn''t.

Now to the workouts! This morning AFTER my horsey therapy, I did 250 crunches, 50 lunges 20 plie''s, and 20 reps of three varying arm and back strengthening weight moves, and some ab focused pilates and then did 100 jumping jacks without stopping :) . I feel pretty good despite being sweaty haha. I''m going to go grab a shower and head over to the farmer''s market this morning. I''m excited! My favorite trip of the week!
36.gif

Hope everyone''s Saturday is wonderful and an early Happy Mother''s day to the moms!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2008 9:18:59 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey all - morning check in. First of all, I have to share my ..... therapeutic moment? of the day! My sister''s barrel horse is gone for the weekend, as he is for sale, our trainer took him to a weekend show to run him and advertise him for us. So my sister''s retiree was left all by his lonesome. This morning I decided to go open the big gate between pastures and let him run with my two boys. When they found out how much room they had, they threw their tails in the air and ran and ran and ran. It was gorgeous. It''s funny because he is chocolate brown and then I have a black and a white, so it was like all the colors of the horsedome rainbow....almost. But they had a blast and looked so pretty. Fortunately this guy gets along with my boys quite well where the other doesn''t.

Now to the workouts! This morning AFTER my horsey therapy, I did 250 crunches, 50 lunges 20 plie''s, and 20 reps of three varying arm and back strengthening weight moves, and some ab focused pilates and then did 100 jumping jacks without stopping :) . I feel pretty good despite being sweaty haha. I''m going to go grab a shower and head over to the farmer''s market this morning. I''m excited! My favorite trip of the week!
36.gif

Hope everyone''s Saturday is wonderful and an early Happy Mother''s day to the moms!!!
They sound gorgeous! I love watching my TB mare take off, she flies along with her tail over her back, she looks a picture!
30.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
quick checkin...I did my walk/jog routine this morning 1.8 miles in 23 minutes, I would have gone for 30 but my face started itching from all the pollen so I decided to cut it short before I have another flareup. And it is super humid today.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I have nothing to report on the exercise front unless spending 5 hours redoing the classroom counts. I''ve managed to hurt myself too. I was on a desk hanging up some art work and when I jumped down I jammed my wrist into the side of the desk, hard enough to give myself a minor cut. I pinched a nerve so my whole arm was tingly/hurty and I''ve bruised my wrist. Of course it was my left hand, and I''m left-handed. It feels better this morning, but geez oh pete!

I have lots of work to complete this weekend. We''re going to hang out close to home, as far as I know.

Have a great day all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy weekend everyone! I''ve studied all day and then I met my best friend for some food this evening. He was in Cambodia for the past 5 weeks traveling so it was good to see him again!

Marcy-that''s great news that you''ve lost another half pound! They''re literally falling off you!! I hope that the weekend isn''t too tough for you.

Skippy-burgers and calamari sound delicious
26.gif
Glad that you enjoyed the yoga!

Rod-I didn''t figure out how to find this thread until you posted it there-I''m a bit slow
9.gif
You have a hot tub?? I''m so envious! Unfortunately there''s no need for a hot tub in Ireland-you''d never get to enjoy it with our bad weather.

Linda-you''re not old at all! Aww that''s so cute about your grandson''s Californian Puppy.

Mara-happy anniversary! I must have missed that in your other thread!

Lorelei-that''s great that the jeans are fitting nicely! Mine are kind of getting a bit tight due to the lack of exercise the past few weeks.

dragonfly-I adore seeing horses running together!

Hi appletini
35.gif

Sorry to hear that your hurt yourself Kimberley. That''s good that it''s better this morning.

Well see you all tomorrow. Night

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon, all!

Another fly by post! Glad some of you got a giggle out of the snake wrangling.

Bee~ glad your exam is over!

Marcy~ yay for picking up jewelry!

Linda~ cute story! It reminds me of the poem Flanders Field. It was read aloud and at the end the teacher asked the kids if they liked it, and one little boy was almost in tears because instead of hearing "the poppies blow", he heard "the puppies blow"!

dragonfly~ Your therapeutic moment works for me just imagining it!

Happy Mother''s Day to all the moms.

Have a great tomorrow!!

1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!!

It was a nice day. A bit on the warm side, but that''s Florida this time of year. Nothing out of the unusual today. Breakfast (scones from Panera, fresh fruit and coffee) on the terrace, followed by lunch at our favorite little deli. Of course we had coffee under the oak this afternoon. Then we decided to check out some new condo''s to get a sense of what''s out there once our condo sells. One condo is an old renovated bread factory and they are loft style. THey were interesting, but there were no patios or balconies for any unit and no garage parking, which are two big negatives for Florida. And they weren''t inexpensive either as a one bedroom one bath unit of about 1000 square feet started in the mid $300s. At least they were fun to see and the location would put within walking distance of Sbucks, the gym and most of the restaurants we like. But we saw other things we liked more, so when the time comes, we know we''ll have many options to choose from.

We didn''t get to the gym until nearly 4 PM, so we worked out really hard for a shorter duration. I''m a bit sore as I wanted to get my full workout in, but we wanted to be done by 6, so we literally went from set to set without any breaks. Dinner was at our favorite little diner and I did treat myself to a hamburger. Only I had a bison burger, which was so good, but bison is so much leaner than beef. I also had a side caesar salad with the dressing on the side and I just dipped the salad in the dressing to avoid having so many calories. Charlie had a grilled salmon dish and we shared a side serving of macaroni and cheese (such comfort food!) which was just terrific. Of course we walked on over to the FroYo shop and had yogurt again, then we just sat under the oak and enjoyed a cup of coffee under a starry filled sky!

Linda you''re just a kid at 59. Remember that 60 is the new 40, so you''re not even 40 yet!! The CA puppy story is cute!!

Hey Skippy, we''ve been to the Key''s a few times and the water is just so beautiful down there. It''s caribbean clear, like the worlds biggest swimming pool! The snorkeling there is fantastic too!

Yay for not being recognized Marcy! I think that''s the most fun about our transformations is people being shocked at what we''ve done with our bodies since they last saw us. I love it too when someone doesn''t have a clue it''s me!!

I''ve been meaning to wish Greg and Mara a happy anniversary. I hope you see this and I hope you have a terrific celebration, appliances and all!!

dragon, it sounds like the horses really enjoyed running in their larger surroundings. I''m sure it was just beautiful to watch. I love watching horses, but they scare the poop out of me up close! Sounds like you had a great wokout too!

Good for you walk/jogging 1.8 miles in 23 minutes apple! Sorry the pollen cut it short for you.

I''m sorry you hurt your hand and it heals quickly Kimberly.

bee* we live in a beautiful (way too expensive for two unemployed guys) highrise condominium overlooking Tampa Bay. We have all sorts of amenities, such as a pool and spa, a fitness center (nice, but we still prefer our gym), two guest sweets, a movie theatre (really.....), a billiards room, an entertaining kitchen and club room. Of course the monthly maintenance fee for all these wondrous amenities is higher than many people spend on a monthly mortgage. Hence why we''re selling our home and planning on downsizing and down-spending considerably. Still as long as we''re here, we''re enjoying every moment. I hope the studying went well for you today. Sounds like you had fun with your best friend tonight.

I guess that does it for me. I hope all you moms out there have a wonderful Mother''s Day tomorrow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So nice to have a new and spacious subforum for us health nuts!!!
36.gif

I don''t have anything too exciting to report today...it was sort of dreary and cool here today but DH and I washed the truck and detailed the inside and borrowed a fire pit thingie from a neighbor to burn some of the debris from pruning.

Dinner was chinese takeout, we don''t get it very often but omg it is good. Mu shoo veggies, yu shan veggies, and kung pao chicken for DH, yum. I really, really, really need to get serious again with weight management, I weighed myself yesterday and am up 5 pounds again! Sheesh. This life of leisure with no job is NOT conducive to a trim waistline. I never thought I would say this, but I can''t wait to start working again!

That''s it for now...hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! What a day we had. The astronomy display at the mall went really well. We hauled in a our 2 big telescopes and numerous books and posters. We were busy most of the day. I did disappear for awhile and Marty asked one of my friends where I was – she pointed at the nearby clothing store and he wasn’t surprised. They had 30% of clearance plus I had a $20 off if I spent $80 dollars so I got 6 pieces of clothing for $83. Not bad. I got some new pants so I can retire some big pants I have right now. The really cool thing is I tried on and they easily fit – a pair of size 8 jeans. Woo hoo! I did not buy them as they had the big button on them and it’s right by a scar that bugs me but – hey they were size 8 and they fit.
Eating today was not the best nor the worst. I ate my usual BF – cheerios and fresh fruit. I split a chocolate frosted cake donut with one of my friends also counting calories. For lunch we had grilled chicken sandwiches. For afternoon snack we had some frozen yogurt. For supper we had a soft shell taco and then I had 2 chocolate covered orange sticks. I did walk a LOT today though so I am sure that helped.
Tonight we met some of my husbands department at a bar for a going away party. I had 1 ½ glasses of wine and was definitely getting drunk so I quit. I am such a light weight these days.
Lorelei, yippee for your jeans fitting fine.
Dragonfly, it sounds like you had a great time “horsing” around. Yay for some great workouts too.
Appletini, sorry your allergies interfered with your walk / jog this morning.
Kimi, sorry to hear your hurt yourself. I hope it gets better soon.
Bee, that is wonderful you got to spend some time with your best friend.
Somethingshiny, I am still shuddering to think about your snake wrangling. Aaak! I am excited to pick up my jewelry tomorrow.
Rod, that is good to be looking for condos so you can take your time finding what you want. It is fun to have people not recognize you.
Monnie, we had a full blown snow storm for awhile today. It was a complete white out then the sun was shining. This winter just doesn’t want to end.
Hi Skippy and Linda!
Well, I must get ready for bed. I am tired. Sweet dreams everyone.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results