shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th March till 11th March.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: It was 78 degrees here today and absolutely beautiful. It just didn't seem right not to go enjoy it, so John and I went for a walk and I decided when we were wandering around our lovely little neighborhood that it's time to move more. If I can spend 1/2 an hour a day on PS, I can spend 1/2 an hour a day being active.

Kaleigh and Dixie: thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated it.

Rod: WOW! It's amazing what transformations our bodies can make if we just set our mind to it!

So we had a delicious dinner, I posted it in the WWT recipe thread. And then John brought me a new snack to try. Frito Lay has joined the world of healthy snacks:

http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin/ProdDetEv_Cat_304_NavRoot_303_ProdID_547350.htm

He gave me a mango paradise something or other to try and it was pretty good. 14 crisps for 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat, not too shabby. It took me a few bites to adjust to the taste, but I rather liked it once I did.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ug. Now I know why I only go to Red Lobster once a year--because that's how long it takes me to forget how grim the experience is from one annual trip to the next. Frankly I feel a little ill right now...

There are so many things on this thread that I want to respond to (ROD--WOW!!!) but I think I need to go to bed and start over in the morning.

Ug again... No more cheesy crab stuffed mushroom caps for Dee...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol kimberly i hear ya re being 30 minutes on PS and 30 minutes walking or exercising. so true. think about how much time people spend watching TV. is it really that hard to get off your butt and get to the gym or get out for a walk? lemme answer that. NO. because i have done it. so i totally hear you!

TG...GOOD for you woman on powering through a workout like that!!! i know i had a few days where i did 2 back to back kboxing classes and i was exhausted when it was over but at 750ish cals burned i was loving the cardio burning calories part!

welcome back dixie...if you are really ready to do it, you can ....just stick with it!!

sevenwires...welcome back woman. i totally hear you regarding being ready. i was just so READY after our trip to palm springs. while there, i thought i was looking pretty good but then we took some pictures in our bathing suits and i was like..gosh..i still have some serious work to do. and then i found the gym at the hotel and i was like gosh this treadmill thing is kinda fun! so when i came back i added it into my routine and really started to get serious with the calorie counting, and voila!! big changes after another month or two. you may have to stay with it for a while without seeing much results but you ARE doing the right thing. i keep stressing it took me a while to see changes and it's true...i had to be pretty patient while ratcheting it up and modifying eating habits, but finally something just kicked in. so stay with it. but i totally hear you about the whole not wanting to have pictures taken and all that, i wasn't shying away from pictures or anything but i wasn't encouraging them either. now i am like someone take some pictures, hehee.

regarding the HRM and elliptical...my HRM always matched my elliptical fairly close...i posted about this last week but basically if the HRM was off from the elliptical or treadmill, it was off by like 30-45 calories or somethings 50-60. but i noticed that after i got off the machine and walked around and got to the car or whatever, my HRM was still burning at an accelerated rate so i found i caught up with what the machine was saying by the time i got to the car. so when i stopped wearing my HRM i basically just took the machine's #s and have been fine with it since.

i think it's a little crazy that your HRM says 450 and the machine says 650. that's a HUGE discrepancy!! i think the MAX mine was ever off for like an hour long workout was like 75. and that was once or twice. most of the time it was like 30-55 kinda thing. i basically burn about 9 calories per minute on the machine going about 7.5m rpm at a level 3. if i go a little slower it's more like 8. but after a 60minute-ish workout it's typically 550ish cals for the most part. if that helps at all. the way i look at it is even if the cals aren't totally approximate, and they probably aren't..that's okay...i used whatever the machine said and what my HRM said on the streets while walking and stuff and i still lost my weight then some!

so dinner was YUMMY!!!! seriously definitely a fave. the parmesan gnocchi is from nob hill/raleys and i used a tasty tomato cream sauce from there too. the whole thing was only 580 cals, and i took a portion and gave the rest to greg. then i made a really yummy sliced apple, bleu cheese, romaine lettuce salad with dressing that was TJ's fat free vinaigrette and dijon mustard mixed together. some cracked black pepper and we're good to go. and we had toasted multigrain bread with butter and smart balance mixed for flavor. YUM. did i say it was yummy? and healthy...jeez gotta love it. hehe. soon it'll be dessert time. have a great night everyone!

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock

TG – I think you’re right in how they overestimate. I looked up the accuracy of the whole calorie counting thing on the internet and a lot of the sites said sometimes these machines can be as much as 30% off. But also said that usually they’re off by 10% - 15%. So I think if this is the case… I think it’s more accurate to go by my HRM since the HRM and the treadmill are usually in sync. Aww.. that kinda sucks. How awesome would it be if I really burned 650 calories in one workout! But almost believed that I did. I mean, my sweat was pouring, I was panting, I got off and even felt nauseous. But then again, that could just be me outta shape. Hahah…

Mara – Thanks for the little info you gave me on the elliptical. It does help giving me an idea what’s going on. I think tomorrow when I hit the gym again in the morning I’m going to play around with the different levels… But either way, I’m going to keep wearing the HRM and just see what it does in the next week or so.

So this whole exercise thing really is kinda cool. I used to go to the gym routinely to do some weights and stuff waaaay back then, … like a few years ago. And it’s weird how once you get into the habit of going, you’ll keep going. But if for whatever reason you stop, maybe a trip, or a holiday.. then a lot of times people just fall off the program and never get back on .. at least for a while. That’s kinda what happened with me. And then when you’re trying to get back ON the program, omg it’s like pulling teeth!

Okay, so if nothing else is going on tonight.. I think I’m just going to watch some tv, maybe pack some stuff for lunch tomorrow and hit the sack. Since the only real time I have to work out are mornings. So I need enough sleep to be able to drag my butt outta bed at 5:30 a.m. I normally take 30 minutes to wash up, eat something for pre-workout, and head out the door by 6 a.m. Then I need to drop my doggie off at the office first (she goes to work with me), and I’ll get to the gym around 6:30. Start working out right away for about an 55 minutes of cardio, then I’ll take a water break, and then do some weight training to finish my workout. Honestly though… while doing cardio, I’m not really enjoying it very much, especially when I’m sweating like pig. But the feeling after I’m done is very rewarding. I’ve had neck problems for the last two, three years from working 12+ hour days… but since I started working out more, I have to say I think my neck is better. I haven’t gone to my chiropractor for the past 2 weeks and I’m not even in pain. I have heard of daily exercise helping with stuff like this. So this is definitely a plus.

Calories.. today I finished at a total of 1434. I don’t think I picked very good choices in food today. For some reason all I wanted were snacks.. like the hostess cupcake, or the keebler peanut butter cookies…. But at least I stayed under my calorie allowance. Tomorrow I’m going to stick with real food and make better choices.

Okay, I’m still at the office .. going to take off now and head home.

Nite-nite all~

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i made lemon blueberry oatmeal muffins tonite, they are in the oven...if they taste good i will post the recipe but they look and smell sooo yummy. i have been dying to try something like lemon blueberry muffins since finding a recipe for them on cooking light but theirs was too high calorie for me so i found a few more online that had slightly diff variations. i had the TJ''s frozen organic northwest blueberries in the freezer to use, and man are they HUGE. these are totally not regular tiny blueberries. i can''t wait to see how they taste...mmm!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess who has a purple and black toe?
20.gif
I can't get a shoe on now, only my horse boot so I can't go shopping or do anything,hehehe....The only thing is I can't work out as I can't get my sneaker thingies on which is a bummer. This is going to be problematic actually and cause me a few problems with daily living, I think I will have to ride on of the horses out to the field as I can't walk him!

Anyway Mara, those pics look great and you can see a difference, you looked so good in the Christmas ones too.

WTG MrsSalvo and family, congrats on your gym renewal!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your kind wishes about my poor toe everyone, as you say Dee - I think the SOB is going to go through a range of pretty colours before it gets better!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I''m so sorry to hear about your toe! I hope it gets better soon.

I''m so happy. I was able to spend 45 minutes on the treadmill last night! I got my ipod yesterday and took about an hour to load it with fast songs from my CD collection. It made the time go some much easier on the treadmill that 45 minutes almost seemed painless. I will definitely be using this every time on the treadmill, and I advise anyone who hasn''t gotten one yet to go ahead and buy it. It will make a difference. It sounds like everyone is doing well as usual, and I hope to be able to do as well as everyone else now.

I liked seeing the before and after pics, Kimberly, Mara, and Rod. Hopefully, I will have some good pics to post at some point in the future. Most of you already saw my before pic from New Year''s Eve. Hopefully next New Year''s eve I will be 15 pounds lighter.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning ladies (and gent(s))! hope everyone is doing well this AM.

orange vixen and nejarb are you two out there..it just occurred to me it's been a few days since we've seen you two. hope all is well! miss monarch too...though i know you are probably still lurking!

i wanted to say that even though i know that we have this really strong core of people who check in regularly every day, all day long (*coughmecough*)...i know there are a ton of lurkers too and you shouldn't be shy or embarassed to start posting!! sometimes i wonder if the things i post actually HELP anyone, so it's to see when people do mention something i've said or another poster has said that made them think or work harder or be more motivated. because while this is hugely about us individually, it's also about us as a group and this group definitely really made me be more motivated to succeed and reach my goals so i hope that i (and collective we) can do that for others as well. so don't let inactivity or bad eating habits or whatever derail you from posting in here or contributing if that is what you want to do. there are different stages of the whole process, and regardless of what stage you are in, contribute if you feel like it!

anyway..that said i am really grateful for the daily group as i just love reading the posts and seeing what everyone else is doing on their end. and i love getting ideas, recipes, new tips etc....and as you all know i'm an article fiend with tips and factoids so that is fun for me to share as well.

so this morning was a cinnamon roll (my last one, sob!) and coffee...we tasted the blueberry lemon muffins last nite and they were YUMMY...maybe a bit more sugar next time, this is always what i skimp on since i hate overly sweet muffins that are not supposed to be like a dessert snack...but we'll see, i find that many times these types of muffins are better the next day so i'll be eating one today.

i ended yesterday at 1550 cals which was pretty good, wanted to be more like 1500 but between the dulce de leche cup, the bites of truffle i snitched from greg and the 1/3 muffin, it was 1550. i'm trying to keep my daily average for the week around 1600ish or so...so we'll see. by the end of the week it always tends to creep up...but as long as it doesn't get all crazy like that average 2000/day week (which bugged me even if the scale didn't show any changes) then i'm okay with it. hehe.

last nite before bed i did my series of leg/glute exercises...and today i am hitting the gym up after work. dinner i think is the TJ's chicken marsala with salads. anyhow hope everyone has a great day!!

DJ how are you feeling today? hehe. tell me something really negative so it will prevent me from going to lobsterfest as well.
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Mara said about lurkers, the more the merrier, for sure!! And sometimes the act of checking in with others, the accountability, is all one needs to get or stay motivated.

DeeJay: I''m so sorry your Lobsterfest was not so great. What a bummer!

Today is an elliptical day. Looking forward to it, after 3 days in a row of working out and then making yesterday a light day. I''m really liking this 30 minutes minimum moving a day thing. I think it''s going to be great for me long term. We ended up walking for about 45 minutes yesterday and it''s strange to do something less strenuous for 10 minutes less than I normally work out and burn 1/4 the calories.

Tonight I''m making blackened chicken and grilled avacado tacos for dinner. Sounds yummy!

Yesterday I came in at 1499 calories for the day. That''s a good deal.

We''ve been asked out to dinner on Thursday by J''s friend as payment for him doing her taxes, she chose the restaurant and I''m not looking forward to it; seeing her will be fine, it''s the food I''m not so excited about, she wants to go to Macaroni Grill. It''s hard to say "not that restaurant" when someone else is footing the bill. So I looked at their nutrition facts and figured out I can have a chicken caesar salad w/ low fat dressing for about 500 calories, which isn''t terrible, but not my first choice, or second or third or eighth for that matter, for eating out.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

First of all, MARA, do not go to Lobsterfest. It totally was not worth the calories and the outrageous amount of fat involved. We had the cheesey biscuits (my girlfriend actually asked for butter to put on hers--as if there wasn't enough fat going on there already!) and the lobster dip with totilla chips. Then I just had the mushroom caps (smothered in cheese and drowning in butter... ) rather than an entre. About half an hour after I left there I started to feel a little, shall we say, not so great. All that butter seems to have had quite an *impact* on my system, LOL. So no, Mara, it's totally not worth it and don't go!!!

This morning I'm back on the wagon in a big big way. I put some modified info into sparkpeople since I will be doing lighter workouts, for a little while anyway, and I've got my calorie spreadsheet going again.

I checked out the juices at Starbucks this morning and the amount of Vitamin C was not very high compared to the number of calories I was going to have to take in to get to 500 mg so I need to explore some different options. If it wasn't so damn cold out I'd go over to Walgreens at lunch and see what my choices are but 16 degree weather trumps Vitamin C intake. Maybe on the way home...

The before and after comparisons are very encouraging! If I ever get to an "after" situation I'll have to dig up some before pics to post.

And I'm happy to report that there are only 2 brownies left. Once those are gone I'm going to have to instruct the happy hubby not to make any more because that was just too easy a temptation. Chocolate and only 120 cals each? I'll have three (literally!).

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock

Good morning!

Mara – I’ve been reading about these muffins you guys have been making and it sounds easy to make and yummy. Cause seems like you’re always making them. Oh, and I found this on Hungry Girl’s website for those of you who only like to eat muffin tops.

http://www.theparagon.com/%5EHouse+%26+Home%5EKitchen/1170.html

I don’t know how well it works, but I thought it’s kinda cute.

Lor – I’m sorry to hear you hurt your toes! Sounds painful… hopefully your toes heals soon.

I woke up a little bit late today… but I’m still going to hit the gym before work. I’m just going to go for an hour on the elliptical, mess around with the different levels and see maybe if I can get my HRM to sync up with the darn machine.

I ran out of my nutria-grain waffles, so I just had one regular waffle with spray butter and coffee for my pre-workout breakfast and some water. I’ll have my full breakfast at the office after my workout.

Oh .. and this WWT has definitely helped me. Everything everyone shares on here has really given me a kick in the butt to help me get started with this working out thing. Otherwise who knows how long I’d still be moping around and only *hoping* to get into better shape. So thanks guys!

I guess one other thing is I need to start planning out my entire day of meals like a lot of you. I can only get as far as the meal that’s coming up and that’s it. So I have no idea what’s for dinner, I usually just go by what I feel. But lately since I’ve stocked up with healthy stuff, what “I feel” has pretty much beet healthy as well. So YAY!

Yesterday I ended my calories at 1434….. I think I posted that already… I try to stay around 1500 during this stage I’m trying to lose weight… I looked it up online and I think it said my basal metabolic rate is at 1700 or so.. So I figure I can eat 200 cals less a day and then throw in an exercise of 500 cals/day. Hopefully that’ll get the whole fat burning process going. I not really positive if I have all this figured out right. But I remember reading Mara’s post about how sometime’s TOO low of a calorie will make you hang onto the fat. And we don’t want that!

Another thing about Hungry Girl’s website… I font>

Okay, off to the gym now… hope everyone has a great day!
http://www.theparagon.com/^House+&+Home^Kitchen/1170.html

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sevenwires -- I LOVE the idea of this muffin top pan!!!

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Hey DEE*Jay -- Yeah.. the description on HG''s wesbite is:

The Bottomless Muffin pan.... hahah

And then she said it''s actually a Muffin TOP pan, but the bottomless pan sounds so much more intriguing.

I''d want a bottomless muffin pan.
18.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2007 12:05:04 PM
Author: Sevenwires
Hey DEE*Jay -- Yeah.. the description on HG's wesbite is:

The Bottomless Muffin pan.... hahah

And then she said it's actually a Muffin TOP pan, but the bottomless pan sounds so much more intriguing.

I'd want a bottomless muffin pan.
18.gif

LOL on the "bottomless" part sounding more intriguing!!!

Hmm... I wonder if this would work for brownies too since I like the crispy edges more than the smooshy interior ones...

(Didn't I just say that I had to put an end to the damn brownies--here I am thinking of ways to make them even more appealing to me!
20.gif
)

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
DEE*Jay -- that''s right! On brownies huh? I LOVE brownies.. and plus if it''s bottomless... then that means each one would be smaller, therefore... less calories. Okay, I know I''m not helping but I love brownies.. and I have an addiction with chocolate. SO when you mentioned this pan for brownies, I thought what a great idea.....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
*tiptoe* *tiptoe* just passing through ... nothing to see here .... be back after PMS releases me from it''s deep-fried, carb-loaded, chocolate-dipped, lethargic TALONS.
39.gif
32.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
everytime i see a muffin recipe i make them and then don''t stop eating them until they''re gone!!!! i blame you mara
11.gif
. anyways it is freezing out today and i''m going to do my pilates dvd in a little bit. i''m having soup for lunch and i''m making steak with fresh veggies for dinner. for snacks i have 100 calorie chips ahoy packs and i also have blueberries with cool whip...yum....cool whip is like 15 calories a tbsp. have a great day everyone---summer is fast approaching
emhot.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Here is my visual evolution. Because I've been losing weight for over a year now, sometimes it's hard to notice the changes. Digging up old pictures definitely helped me appreciate the progress!

circa Spring 2005: Plump. you can see it especially in my arms and face in this photo.
biggerlulu1.jpg

circa Summer 2006: The Happy Bride. Weight loss of about 20 lbs
weddingmediumlulu.jpg
weddingmediumlulu3.jpg
weddingmediumlulu2.jpg

circa Winter 2007: Sorry for the huge cocktail, but you can really see a difference in the face. Total lost = 30 lbs

finallulu.jpg

I've been really stagnating at my current weight for at least the last three weeks. but honestly, i'm not bothered. I'm right around where i feel is my perfect weight for my body type. plus, we've had some friends in town and on the last few weekends i've been indulging more than normally. so if i'm holding steady, well hurray. i'm most proud of the fact that i've kept up the sensible eating and workouts post-wedding!

Hope everyone is doing well (sorry about the bum toes and lobster hangovers) and i've got to read up on muffin tops!

(Sorry the pictures turned out so large, i tried to resize...)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone! i''ve been MIA for a bit - things were really rotten last week and i then went to visit a friend in houston for the weekend. the weekend was fabulous but a total food-gasm (had amazing mexican food - homemade tortilla chips, plantains, salsa and a great shrimp salad - on friday and a fabulous spread of tapas - shrimp, scallops, goat cheese, artichokes, peppers, etc - on saturday). but we also did alot of drinking which really did me in, calorie wise. the good news is that we also took super long walks every day, better than nothing! and she just got the cutest little puppy!!!

so i was really excited to go to the grocery store last night and gets lots of healthy fresh stuff for this week - all that indulgence this weekend really made me crave fruits and veggies. today i had a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, 1/2 a turkey sandwich and broccoli slaw (my favorite..i am slightly obsessed) for lunch, and i''ve got some grapes and a fiber one bar for a snack. i''m not quite sure what i''ll make for dinner yet - i have stuff for either tofu and veggie stir fry, or salmon and cauliflower. i also got ingredients for a spinach salad (goat cheese, crasins, and walnuts) for lunch sometime this week, and some yogurt and frozen fruit for smoothies. i think i''m channeling spring with all my produce, even though it''s super cold and definitely still winter here today!

i''m also going to hit up the elliptical after work today.

have a good one!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, it''s been a while since I''ve posted in the WWT, but I still do read it from time to time. I am really impressed with all the progress that everyone has been making. It''s very inspirational to read about all the things that you all do to stay healthy and fit
36.gif
. I am kind of disappointed in myself though. Last year, I had been on a pretty strict regimen of eating healthy and exercising every day (mostly swimming, some pilates and later some cardio when I no longer had access to the pool). Before last year, I had never paid that much attention to eating healthy and never really worked out. At my heaviest I think I was about 130 pounds with 23% body fat. That was the summer of 2004 (picture on the left). I was really unhappy with it, so I started eating really well and incorporating 1 hour of exercise every day. Granted, I was in my third year of law school and had tons of free time to go to the gym, shop for healthy groceries, and cook. So by the summer of 2006, I had dropped to 105 pounds with 12% body fat (pic on the right). It sounds low, but I was feeling excellent, looking good and just overall happy.

DSCN0549-vi.jpg
DSC01435-vi.jpg

The biggest change from last summer to now is my schedule. I am now working at a big NY law firm that has fairly demanding hours. I normally wake up at 7am to go to work and get home at 9pm on average, sometimes later. I have to eat most of my meals at the office because I just don''t want to cook at 9pm when I get home and also I''d be starving by then. So my firm gives us tons of restaurants in the area to order from and we can order whatever we want (I think around $30 a day). I try to order healthy stuff, lean meats and salads, but still, I am spending more than 12 hours a day sitting, and I usually can''t even get away from my office for lunch. When I get home I try to go to the gym as often as I can and work out, but it''s tough when I am so tired.

I feel like I have very little control over staying fit, although I''m sure if I tried hard enough, I can get myself back on track. I weighed myself over the weekend and I was 115 pounds with 15% body fat. It doesn''t sound so bad, but it made me feel really depressed compared to how far I came last year after all that hard work. I am going to try even harder now to eat better and get to the gym more.

Wow what a long post. Have a good day everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu i am dying to see your pictures but they are just small boxes with X's on them. anyone else having that problem?

i was a dork and took some pictures of myself this morning with the auto timer on the camera since i had a cute outfit on and figured it would be a nice full body 'now' shot. so i just have to dig out some 'before' full body ones like from last spring, which i think i have on my hard drive at home and i'll do a full body comparison. even just taking these pictures today and looking at them mentally comparing to ones i have taken in the past, i see a huge difference in my body...most notably my legs, arms, belly. so it'll be fun to post the side by side once i find one on my kluge of a picture-weighed down hard drive, maybe later this week.

too funny about you guys and the muffins. yes i am muffin obsessed. i like them because they are super fast/easy to make (10 minutes to whip them up then 20 in the oven and voila!) and are portable and travel well, and i share them with my coworker (last week i'll be doing that!) and she brings some in sometimes as well...and it's fun to try new ones, and test things out, etc. also i like experimenting with making lower calorie versions of things or low-fat etc...and seeing how they come out...and fitting them into my calorie budget/schedule etc.

and mmm muffin tops only, now i could get behind that! hungry girl also recommends the vita-top chocolate (and chocolate and PB and chocolate and other version) muffin tops which i guess you can get from whole foods. they are 100 cals per muffin top i think? anyway, she raves about them but i have not been over to WF in a while....but when i do i want to see if they have them and give them a try.

DJ thanks for the negative review on lobsterfest. i have to admit when i see the commercial i think that is some great marketing at work!! because it makes me want to go to red lobster. but i still have that old memory which is basically like yours, aka lots of food and then you are eating it and then suddenly your stomach starts rolling and it's all downhill from there. so honestly...you just reminded me of that!! hehee. thanks.

oh and NYC sparkle, i use fat free redi whip, i t's 5 calories for 2 tblspoon...i checked out the diff cool whips and they were all more. so if you are game, try the redi whip, i love redi whip in general so i was jazzed to see when they came out with the ff 5 cal version.

DECO put down the deep fried chocolate dipped talons!! they will just get stuck in your craw anyway woman!! think fruit and veggies, chant it. you are zen.
5.gif

ETA: eleguin, fabulous pictures woman!!! you can get back down to where you were, you have TOTAL control over what you eat and what you do to your body. every time you eat something bad or don't work out, you make a choice. anyway, don't beat yourself up about it, just do something about it...but only when you are totally ready...then you'll be committed!!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
What kind of heart rate monitor/calorie counter do you all have? I''ve been looking to buy one. The ones recommended are by Polar. What do you recommend?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good afternoon all.

The weather is gorgeous here today so we plan on doing a family walk in a little bit. the sad news is, we were outside playing fetch with Zoe last night and she did something to her foot. She's got a slight limp when she walks and puts her weight on her front right paw
7.gif
. I checked her and she didn't flinch when I touched her leg or paw and does seem a bit better today but I've decided to not walk her for another day. My hubby things she might have sprained something. if she's not looking better tomorrow I'm going to take her to the vet. she's still up and about so I don't think it's too serious but I don't want to make it worse by walking her a few miles. I'll miss her on our walk though and feel so guilty leaving her at home
39.gif

DJ- i always thing the red lobster commercials make it look so good, but never in my life have I been to red lobster that the food looked anywhere close to what they show in T.V. I'm sorry you feel bad though, just goes to show how once you start eating better and feeding your body good fuel it doesn't like the not so good for you stuff very well.

mara, I bought the Dolce de Leche pudding and all I can say is yummo!! I'm not a big pudding person but I do like a little something sweet after dinner so I thought why not give it a try and you're 100% right in how good they are. I like them way better than the chocolate pudding which is unusal b/c I adore anything with chocolate.

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha mrs salvo i know they are a total sleeper flavor! i think because i do eat so many chocolate kind of things, it''s nice to have a dessert in the fridge that is NOT chocolate but tastes just as ''rich'' if not more rich than regular jello chocolate pudding. really fun.

eleguin, i use a polar as well, the ladies version, i think the F4 or something? my dad has an F6 as well as my husband, and they love theirs.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 12:57:30 PM
Author: Mara
LMAOROTF! I have an emergency apple delivery due later tonight!! (Farmer's Market day on DH's work campus)... and LovelyLulu's Healthier Chicken Souvlaki is tonight's Idol-Fare. The PMS is kicking my butt energy-wise though -- took the weekend off and still ...can't . put . on . tennis. shoes.....

DEEJAY -- I used to pine for Lobsterfest every year .. and then I realized that three years in a row I got really, really sick afterwards. Almost food poisoning sick -- I guess it probably was Butter-Overload. When your body's not used to THAT amount in a single meal ... it totally rejects it. And I'm not even a healthy eater (yet)! Now it has such a bad association with me the countless commercials don't even tempt. Somehow Long John Silvers still goes down smoothly a couple times a year: YUCK/YUM!
31.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
shoot. i always seem to have this problem because i forget that i can't just drag and drop from my own computer, but it has to be hosted on the web. i think that's the problem. my "visual evolution" may have to wait (haha pun) until tonight...

deco: the chicken is stellar! hope you enjoy it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I can''t see lulu''s pics either!
8.gif
It''s so fun to have the visual to go along with all the things we talk about.

Deco, don''t tip toe, make an entrance, declare your PMS eating and then hop back on the bandwagon!

elguin: You are a doll either way, but I know what you mean about comfort levels. Your schedule is a bit crazy and would make it quite difficult to exercise, it''s just one of those things you''ll have to find a way to do. The only thing I might suggest is bringing in lunch/dinner instead of ordering out. There are, as we''ve discussed, lots of hidden calories in restaurant foods, that what makes it taste good. Even if you commit to only ordering out twice a week and then bringing the rest of your meals, it will probably help you see small changes over time.

shortblonde: I love it when I crave fruits and veggies! It''s such a great feeling to want the good stuff instead of the bad.

mrssalvo: Poor Zoe!!! I hope her foot heals soon.

I got in a great workout this morning. I didn''t feel tired or bored the entire time I was at it. IT was truly a great feeling!

Shower time!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2007 1:12:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 3/6/2007 12:57:30 PM

Author: Mara

LMAOROTF! I have an emergency apple delivery due later tonight!! (Farmer''s Market day on DH''s work campus)... and LovelyLulu''s Healthier Chicken Souvlaki is tonight''s Idol-Fare. The PMS is kicking my butt energy-wise though -- took the weekend off and still ...can''t . put . on . tennis. shoes.....

DEEJAY -- I used to pine for Lobsterfest every year .. and then I realized that three years in a row I got really, really sick afterwards. Almost food poisoning sick -- I guess it probably was Butter-Overload. When your body''s not used to THAT amount in a single meal ... it totally rejects it. And I''m not even a healthy eater (yet)! Now it has such a bad association with me the countless commercials don''t even tempt. Somehow Long John Silvers still goes down smoothly a couple times a year: YUCK/YUM!
31.gif

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Long John Silvers!!! I haven''t been to one for probably 5 years but every now and then when I pass by one on the highway I am SOOOOO tempted to pull over. I always get the fish and chicken combo, but my *absolute* favorite thing in the little extra bits of deep fried batter that roll around on the bottom of the plate. My great grandmother use to call them the "drumples" and whenever I do go I ask for extra drumples!!!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone! i''m back! i avoided the computer over the weekend which was good. i needed a break. yesterday was absolutely crazy at work so i didn''t have time to post. but, hope you all are having a good week so far.

so, i''ve officially made it through week one and it was so worth it. i''m down 2 lbs! i weighed in at ww yesterday at lunch. yay!!!

i was really good over the weekend...ended up just having chicken, brown rice and veggies on friday night. went for a 10 mile run on sat. couldn''t make it the extra 2 miles i was aiming for cause it was SO hot and i was so dehydrated and i wasn''t dressed properly. i love this bay area weather!!! i hope it''s here to stay, but i know that''s not likely. this weekend was so beautiful though. i had some brown rice and an apple after my run, and saved the calories for a dinner splurge. i ended up having sushi for dinner and even though i intended to splurge, i ate a very conservative amount (had 5 pieces of tuna sashimi, a bowl of rice, miso soup, a bowl of edamame, a salad, and green tea ice cream for dessert). sunday went for a 5 mile run, and again ate really healthy. yesterday i was good of course because of the weigh-in, and after finding out that this has paid off i''m of course super motivated.

i worked out really hard last night at the gym even though i was intending on taking a rest day. i am planning on working out every day this week except for friday. this is awesome. i''m in such a different place then i was about a week and a half ago. thanks for your support guys
9.gif

lorelei...sorry to hear about your toe!

kimberly - you look FANTASTIC! what an inspiration.

same with you Mara! oh, and btw, it was fun to hear about your weekend adventure. also, i hope you land that job. we''ll have to gtg soon!

rod, i wish you the best of luck with everything. i hate waiting...but something will happen soon. the not knowing is the hardest part. hang in there! also, great to see your pic. wow!

sevenwires, dixie, shortblonde - welcome back!!! there is plenty of motivation to go around on this thread
1.gif

coda - ipods rock! i have 3!!! a new shuffle, a nano, and a full-sized. so basically i don''t have to worry about NOT having one charged and ready whenever i workout. i can''t go to the gym without my ipod. i need music for motivation. i LOVE the shuffle though..it''s so tiny. anyhow, have fun with your new toy!!!

deejay, that''s so funny about red lobster. it''s funny how when we get used to eating pretty healthy, and then we go splurge on buttery-fattening foods, we end up feeling yucky afterwards. but, hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. c''mon, you know those cheese biscuts were so yummy! also, i''m going to have to try these brownies.

eleguin - you look awesome!!! great work. again, such an inspiration. hopefully i''ll be an ''after'' soon enough.

well, hope everyone has a fantastic day!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
OK you workout fiends-

What would you suggest I do to mix it up. I am a very early w/o person (i.e. 5:30am). Here is what I do: Mon and Tuesday I do 30 min on elliptical & 30 minutes of weights. Wed. I do 90 minute cycle. Thursday, Sat and Sunday I don''t go to the gym. Friday I do 60 minute cycle. I have been doing this for years and see no change. Short of duct taping my mouth shut
28.gif
do I need lots more cardio? Suggestions you workout wonders???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results