shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th Feb till 11th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmm cake....

We''re going to a barbie tomorrow, and I just baked another batch of the choc muffins to bring to the barbie, this time using the betty croker fudge brownie mix together with lowfat vanilla yogurt as per mara''s suggestion, and just had one for dessert. Can I just say they are delicious!!

The ones I baked last night were lots sweeter than this batch, but they taste pretty good after being refrigerated overnight - very dense and moist.

On topic, I have reached my calorie burn goal for the week! Yay!

I am off to vege in front of the telly with ''The devil wears Prada".

Woohoo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to be good today because the happy hubby is cooking tonight. He does a good job of choosing low fat/low cal options (we're having grilled swordfish with bulgar wheat and butternut squash, and of course some fab bottle of wine) but no matter what he cooks it's going to be more cals than the Progresso soup or LC options that I eat for dinner when I'm fending for myself. I figure if I have oatmeal for breakfast (150 cals), soup for lunch (180), a banana and pudding for a snack (120 and 60), that I should be in good shape. Except I did bring in those gingersnaps and I might have to sneak three of them in (70 cals) with a cup of tea at some point.

Yesterday until about noon I kept imagining that my heart felt "weird" from my heavy workout the night before. After a while I realized that Starbucks must have given me regular instead of decaf and as soon as it wore off I felt fine again, LOL.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday Everyone!

So not wanting appetizers ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would. One of the women is gonig through some major life changes (divorce, quit smoking) and has hired a personal trainer to work out with her three times a week and revamp her diet (she''s naturally thin but has always eaten tons of crap, candy, fast food, etc.). She opened up the dialogue about food and weight loss so I just dropped in that I had checked out nutrition values for the restaurant and tortilla soup was a great choice. She was thrilled that I had looked it up! So I ended up at about 1470 calories for the day yesterday, which works great for me!

I ended up not working out yesterday, so today and Sunday are my "must do" days now. I had a ton of homework to catch up on. Tomorrow we''re going to visit John''s mom''s grave. She didn''t want a service of any kind so John, her best friend and I are going to go and just say good-bye.

I don''t know what plans are for dinner yet. I have a hair apt. at 3, so we''ll see. Chili sounds good to me, maybe I''ll throw that in the crock pot this morning.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad to hear you didn''t get derailed last nite kim. i totally hear ya re: spending my ''restaurant calories'' at somewhere good. that is why the other night when we had that icky meal with the barfer outside i was so bummed...like gosh i just wasted 2 hours and a bunch of cals on a gross dinner...the only saving grace was my husband loved his and we got to walk to and fro..lol.

i made the blueberry fat free muffins last nite and added some applesauce in place of water to give a bit more flavor, since was afraid they''d be a little flat since they are fat free. they came out really yummy! we had one warm from the oven last nite...mmm. and i made 9 with the mix instead of 11 so they are 160 cals each instead of 130. i hate tiny muffins so i always make mine bigger than most recipes call for, hehee.

breakfast this mornining was fiber one and honey bunches with coffee. today for lunch the company is bringing in chinese, i think from panda express (aka what i call faux chinese, like taco bell is not real mexican), i am going to see if i can find nutritional values online for it to see if i can get them to order a veggie with rice or something that i can feel okay about eating...otherwise i might just have my soup and some rice or something. we''re going out tonite to thai so i''d prefer to save myself for then really...other than a fast food chinese lunch. plus i am super picky about my chinese and we only go to one place locally so i probably wouldn''t be that interested in it anyway. but some broccoli and beef is sounding kinda good, hehe.

weighed myself yesterday at the gym and i was down 2 lbs when i got there, and down 1 lb when i left....so i figure it''s water weight fluctuations. i was reading an article and it said to weigh yourself once a week to get true weight and if you do it more often, don''t take the # as real unless it is there a week kinda thing. so that''s basically what i have been doing. it said even 1x in every 2 weeks is okay too, but i do it when i go to the gym and just figure if the scale is still there next time and the time after (or it''s less) then it''s ''real''.

hey quick question. is anyone else here ''maintaining''? besides rod of course... but anyone else?

jadeleaves, so glad to hear the brownie mix with yogurt came out good, i would imagine it''s like this no pudge fat free brownie mix i have...hopefully i''ll make them early next week. right now we gotta eat the blueberry muffins i made last nite!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 10:55:13 AM
Author: Mara

hey quick question. is anyone else here ''maintaining''? besides rod of course... but anyone else?
Hi Mara ~
I haven''t been posting much lately, but obviously I''ve been lurking
2.gif

I''m in the ''maintaining'' zone now. I''m 5''4" and now weigh about 114 pounds, and had my body fat measured at ~20% a couple of months ago. Prior to my working out (many years ago now), at my heaviest I was about 134 pounds (unknown body fat) and a size 8 (now I''m a 2/4). I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I don''t really count calories (but usually have a general idea). I still workout about 4-5 times per week (I''m behind this week because of work, so I''m going to try to make that up this weekend) -- I just really enjoy working out and it gives me stress relief and a mental break from all things bothering me (which right now is work and wedding planning
1.gif
). Step aerobics classes are my favorite, and I do push myself because I enjoy it. I also like circuit classes which combine cardio and strengthening exercises.

Hmmm, maybe I''ve babbled enough as you didn''t ask for a biography!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am maintaining too Mara, just trying to eat properly with the odd treat, workout hard and see what happens, I am not trying to actively lose any more weight but just let my body do as it will!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks TD and Lorelei for chiming in...i forgot you were maintaining Lorelei...!! it''s such a different mindset for me...like it''s not about a deficit anymore. i''m having a slow time kind of finding that ''right balance'' and it seems like i''m experimenting all the time to try to stay where i am. i told greg i''d rather eat the same and work out 1x less than eat more! i don''t want to get into the habit of HAVING to consume more calories because then what if i get injured again or similar and not able to work out or get super busy...i''d rather just eat the same and work out more or less depending on how things are going.

the one thing i would like to see is a firmer flatter belly continuously. it is the flattest it''s probably been since i was in my teens but i want it to be firmer! lol. anyone get excited when they see their belly button starting to stretch out? hehee. oh and i have a tiny bit of pudge left on my hip, ghosts of my love handles. those two areas are my improvement zones, but it''s so hard to target certain areas when you are at your goal...it''s like okay what has to change to get those tiny little things to where you want? and is it being too picky?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a case now of tweaking I think within reason (BTW just finished an hour cardio!) I am reasonably happy with myself now clothed and unclothed, there are areas which still could stand some improvement - upper arms and abs, the rest I am reasonably happy with. The trouble is that my arms need to be more cut in the area where the upper arm meets the torso, but I have to watch the biceps as they are big enough! I have been doing tri's too, so I will see where the extra weights take me.

Abs I can't do much with - but I need to get that book Rod likes, with my back probs I tend to be more hunched over as the day goes on and the old gut pops out with it
14.gif

But I think even with maintaining it is good to have a goal even if a small one to keep you motivated! I don't think it is too picky Mara as you approach things in the right healthy way - in a non obsessional way I mean, looking for a slight improvement in some areas is a good motivational tool - after all, our bodies are a work in progress!

That is hilarious with the belly button, they DO change shape!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! Ugh, bad week so I haven''t been around the boards, but I did go running Sat and Sun and Tuesday, and to the gym for an elliptical yesterday. I have been thinking of you guys though - sounds like you are all doing well - Deej - that is really funny that they gave you regular instead of decaf! At least it wasn''t at night and you didn''t have to lie in bed wide awake!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you popped in Lisa, we missed you!
35.gif
Did you see our ponderings about the heart and exercise?
34.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2007 1:46:45 PM
Author: :)
Deej - that is really funny that they gave you regular instead of decaf! At least it wasn't at night and you didn't have to lie in bed wide awake!

Seriously, at about 10 yesterday morning I went to the office manager and had a conversation that started with "Um, if I have a heart attack can you make sure... "

And that's not the first time they've done that to me. I should keep a closer eye on the people when they're pouring my coffe!

As of right now I've only had 520 cals, but I called the happy hubby and told him if I ate the candy bar that I was considering right now thanks to the aggrevation my jeweler is putting me through and drank the wine that I'm definitely having when I get home (thanks again to the jeweler) that only leaves me about 120 cals for dinner, so make my piece of fish really small, LOL.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 1:50:21 PM
Author: Lorelei
Glad you popped in Lisa, we missed you!
35.gif
Did you see our ponderings about the heart and exercise?
34.gif
No! - I will look today!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad everyone is doing well.

I got back to the gym today and I was a pound down from last week so that''s another one in the right direction. Hopefully it wont be too long before Im maintaining!

D and I went out for lunch today to our favourite cafe-I got the ham and cheese melt again on rosemary focaccia bread-its my favourite lunch ever.

I just had a fillet of plaice with potato croquettes and a salad with some hummus for dinner so Im nicely full now. Still wouldnt mind something sweet but Im going to try and stay away from the goodies.

I also did 40 minutes and some weight training in the gym so it hasnt been too bad a day overall!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I had a great workout this morning, 600 calories burned. John has volunteeered to make dinner, another great thing! We''re burying his mom tomorrow and are going to have a nice dinner out so today will be another healthy eating day and tomorrow night we''ll splurge. He''s lost 10 lbs. in total since I started calorie counting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gosh I seem to spend a lot of time shovelling snow (4 days this week)--at least it is exercise and added to my "usual" daily exercise routine. Didn''t get to the pool this week, boohoo. BTW, does anyone have a particular CD they like that focuses on core strengthening?

Anyway, it''s butter chicken for dinner and champagne (early VD''s dinner)
emcocktl.gif
I know, they only go together in my household......

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 4:20:47 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Gosh I seem to spend a lot of time shovelling snow (4 days this week)--at least it is exercise and added to my ''usual'' daily exercise routine. Didn''t get to the pool this week, boohoo. BTW, does anyone have a particular CD they like that focuses on core strengthening?

emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
What exactly is butter chicken, if you don''t mind my asking? It sounds deliciously bad!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2007 4:53:32 PM
Author: KimberlyH

HI:

Gosh I seem to spend a lot of time shovelling snow (4 days this week)--at least it is exercise and added to my 'usual' daily exercise routine. Didn't get to the pool this week, boohoo. BTW, does anyone have a particular CD they like that focuses on core strengthening?

Anyway, it's butter chicken for dinner and champagne (early VD's dinner)
emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
What exactly is butter chicken, if you don't mind my asking? It sounds deliciously bad!
HI:

Oh Kimverly, I think it is! It is my all time favorite Indian dish--and we travel all over to find the best source! Found a new take-out today and so far so good. But I think the best I've eaten, so far, is at the The New Asian Village in Edmonton (my home town); where, also, the coconut nan is 2DIE4!!!! I know this is an exercise thread, but hopefully we can enjoy our good food along with our exercise!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_chicken

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i ADORE butter chicken. it''s why we hardly eat indian food.
9.gif
there is a fab place right near my office that we never go to because i''d pork out in a minute. but greg and i go there maybe once a month. i get butter chicken, rice, naan and a mango lassi. the whole dinner is very bad for me (well at least the mango lassi has yogurt, lol)...but it''s SOOOOOOOO good. i can''t even eat it all, i split the meal and eat the rest the next day. but yep, butter chicken is my fave. i can''t even be bothered to try to be healthy with like roasted tandoori chicken or whatever. it''s butter all the way.
3.gif
enjoy DF!

so today we had chinese catered in and i looked up the info online since the company had it''s nutritional info. i had broccoli with beef, green beans and chicken breast, a tiny bit of chow mein, a small spoonful of kung pao chicken (which was too hot for me to really eat), and not even a spoonful of fried rice. overall not too bad. BUT i forgot that we were celebrating the company''s 4 year anniversary and so they brought a cake in ... it was white cake with white whipped light frosting on top and inside. so probably not that bad (looked it up online and a similar kind of retail cake like that was 200 cals per slice) but i have a 2nd small slice here at my desk and i''m eyeing it lol. but i did take 6 flights of stairs as penance lol.
5.gif

Brilliant_Rock
Ahha, I found the section in the thread where you guys were talking about with the heart! You guys really think and come up with good thoughts and questions - obviously a very intelligent bunch!
I think you guys are right on. Lactic acid is what causes that darn pain in your legs. Your heart is a continually working muscle, and is a pretty efficient one at that. The harder we work out, the more efficient the heart becomes, and we do not sustain high heart rates for a long enough period to cause excessive lactic acid build up - we simply fatigue (either by the perception of shortness of breath (sob) or simple "I just can''t go another step!"/slowing rate of ability to maintain rate of exercise so that the heart can slow down.

The heart is a muscle, and I describe high blood pressure (aka hypertension) to people in this way (to explain part of the importance of getting it under control to them)... The heart is a big muscle. Think of big buff weight lifters who lift heavy weights and this makes their muscles big (I do a little gorilla impression here). We often perceive this is being very good or healthy. We would think then that a very big muscular heart is good, but it isn''t. The heart only has a small area in the chest to ''live''. When the muscle gets bigger, not only does the outside of the heart get bigger, but the inside cavity of the heart, where the blood passes through and is pumped to the body, gets smaller because of the increased physical size of the muscle. This makes the heart have to work much harder to pump out the same amount of blood to the body (which can be thought of as oxygen as the blood/hemoglobin component carries oxygen to the body) - the heart rate will increase to make up for the loss in stroke volume (which is the volume of blood which is pumped with each heart beat - the smaller cavity size means not as much blood volume can be present to be pumped out with each beat) - the formula for cardiac output (CO) = stroke volume times heart rate. If the stroke volume goes down, then the heart rate must go up to maintain the same output. If the stroke volume increases (such as a well trained athlete like Lance Armstrong), then the heart rate will decrease when maintaining the same cardiac output. His resting heart rate I heard was in the 30s to 40s due to his incredible stroke volume - what a machine! If mine (heart rate) was that low, I would pass out from lack of adequate oxygen supply to my brain!!
Regular exercise will improve stroke volume which allows you to decrease your resting heart rate. Obviously when you start exercising, your body needs more oxygen for the cells, so your heart rate will go up, as your stroke volume cannot acutely rise.

High blood pressure I compare to being like a hard wall - very hard and stiff because the pressure is high. The heart is pumping against this very hard wall (I pump my hand hard into my fist here), and to keep the blood going forward it is like the weightlifter getting big muscles to be able to combat the heavy weight s/he is lifting - it has to start getting bigger and bigger (or ''hypertrophied'') so that the blood can keep going forward - this decreases the interior chamber sizes of the heart and decreases the area for the volume of blood to be present to be pumped out. If we can lower the blood pressure, then when the heart pumps, the resistance of the pressure in the blood vessels is lower, and helps the blood to flow forward (pump hand into soft fist now), which is easier on the heart. The good news, is that just like the weight lifter who loses muscle mass over time when he stops working out with the same weight of resistance, the heart (over time) will also decrease the overly hypertrophied muscle when the high blood pressure is removed, and improve heart function (stroke volume can then go up due to increased room in the cavity for blood, and heart rate can then go down some too

One of the major benefits of exercise is increased vascular pliability or flexibility which can also help to lower the blood pressure. (yay work out thread!)

An interesting aside - a decrease in heart rate is also good for the heart, because then the heart does not require as much oxygen to work. This is one of the reasons for the beta blocker class of medications which are commonly used in people with heart disease (atherosclerosis/arteriosclerosis/coronary artery disease) - the decreased heart rate caused by these medications decreases the oxygen demand of the heart (slower heart rate doesn''t need as much oxygen due to less work), thus decreasing the chance of ischemia or lack of adequate blood flow for proper oxygenation to the heart (which can result in a heart attack or myocardial infarction)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 5:35:34 PM

Date: 2/9/2007 4:53:32 PM
Author: KimberlyH

HI:

Gosh I seem to spend a lot of time shovelling snow (4 days this week)--at least it is exercise and added to my ''usual'' daily exercise routine. Didn''t get to the pool this week, boohoo. BTW, does anyone have a particular CD they like that focuses on core strengthening?

emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
What exactly is butter chicken, if you don''t mind my asking? It sounds deliciously bad!
HI:

Oh Kimverly, I think it is! It is my all time favorite Indian dish--and we travel all over to find the best source! Found a new take-out today and so far so good. But I think the best I''ve eaten, so far, is at the The New Asian Village in Edmonton (my home town); where, also, the coconut nan is 2DIE4!!!! I know this is an exercise thread, but hopefully we can enjoy our good food along with our exercise!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_chicken

cheers--Sharon
I don''t think I''ve ever had Indian food, but this sounds fantastic so I may have to venture into the world of Indian cooking! Thanks for the link, Sharon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lisa, thanks for that explanation (and for not laughing at my goofy question, LOL!).

I just spent an hour on the elliptical to the tune of 670 cals. I didn''t give in to any of my bad impulses today (well OK, I ate ONE M&M before I slammed the drawer with the candy in it shut and ran away screaming), so I''ve only had about 600 cals so far, but dinner should be ready in a minute and I can hear the happy hubby uncorking the wine right now so I''m about to change all that.
9.gif

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment at 8:00 am (
23.gif
) and then hopefully I''ll bolt home and be able to get an hour workout in before I have to pick up my client. If not, I won''t have enough time between her and the client that I''m meeting for an early dinner -- hope my hair girl is quick!

The happy hubby and I get Indian about once a month (although now that I think about it we haven''t had any for a long time). I always have the chicken tiki masala with onion culcha and rice. For dinner I eat half the chicken and the whole piece of bread (dipping it in the sauce of course!) and the next day for breakfast I have the rest of the chicken with rice. Yum yum yum!!!

Hmmm... wonder if I could talk my client into Indian for dinner tomorrow night...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, thank you for the heart-wise information. Was what I had written in the thread this week at all accurate about exercising helping the heart muscle grow? If I read what you''ve written (pretty technical stuff there
19.gif
), bigger size isn''t necessarily a good thing. So if exercise can double the size of your heart, is that bad?

When I first started working out, I had recently quit smoking (and yes, I know how bad bad bad that was for my heart and overall health), and even at a low RPM on the elliptical, my heart rate was quite high. Over the last 14 months, I have become stronger and stronger and now when I get on the elliptical (which I religiously do 5 times a week) it takes me about 5 minutes to hit my tartet heart rate and after about 20 minutes my heart rate simply drops almost in half. For example, I might have been pushing at around 12 miles/hour (pretty intense) and my heart rate might be near maximum for my age at about 150 beats/minute and then wham, my heart rate will just go down to the 80s and no matter how hard I push, I can''t get it over 100 beats/minute. I thought is was just an anomaly (and it still could be) but it happens on most of the machines, so I''m thinking my heart has either gotten much stronger with my really hard workouts 5 times a week, or heart rate monitors can''t pick up my true heart rate after I''ve hit a certain body temperature. I do get pretty sweaty and hot after a while at the intensity I work out.

Anyway, sorry for the long question. Just curious to know if it''s true the heart muscle does grow larger with exercise and is that a good thing.

Thanks Lisa.......

Brilliant_Rock
Rod, I see your post - you are correct about increasing cardiac muscle size with exercise. A endurance type of workout tends to have more of an eccentric increase in the musculature of the heart as opposed to a concentric increase in the size of the heart (which tends to happen more with resistance type exercise).

Because the actual molecular basis/mechanism for hypertrophy (enlargement) of the muscle is actually different for exercise (considered physiological adaptation) versus hypertension (considered a pathological adaptation), the actual squeezing out of the blood from the heart (systolic function) and relaxing of the heart (diastolic function) are not affected in athletes.
Function however IS affected in the hypertrophy of hypertensives - it is the diastolic function or inability to relax (which is when the heart fills with blood to get ready to squeeze out for systole) that is affected first in hypertensives (of course barring a heart attack or something causing systolic failure!). (This difference between groups has been shown in respected medical journals such as the Journal of Hypertension 1996 June; 14(6):759-64, and another reference, Circulation 2000 January 25; 101(3):336-44)
So keep exercising!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
John made us a delicious and low fat dinner: pork chops, green beans and salad. I''m at 1150 calories for the day, I''ll probably have two servings of FY to bring me up to 1350, which still gives me room for fun tomorrow night! It''s supposed to rain pretty heavily so instead of driving to the beach to have dinner at our favorite cafe we''re going to a French inspired restaurant that we both really enjoy about 5 miles from home. They make an amazing paella amongst other things.

Hope everyone is having a terrific Friday night!

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2007 9:55:26 PM
Author: :)
Rod, I see your post - you are correct about increasing cardiac muscle size with exercise. A endurance type of workout tends to have more of an eccentric increase in the musculature of the heart as opposed to a concentric increase in the size of the heart (which tends to happen more with resistance type exercise).

Because the actual molecular basis/mechanism for hypertrophy (enlargement) of the muscle is actually different for exercise (considered physiological adaptation) versus hypertension (considered a pathological adaptation), the actual squeezing out of the blood from the heart (systolic function) and relaxing of the heart (diastolic function) are not affected in athletes.
Function however IS affected in the hypertrophy of hypertensives - it is the diastolic function or inability to relax (which is when the heart fills with blood to get ready to squeeze out for systole) that is affected first in hypertensives (of course barring a heart attack or something causing systolic failure!). (This difference between groups has been shown in respected medical journals such as the Journal of Hypertension 1996 June; 14(6):759-64, and another reference, Circulation 2000 January 25; 101(3):336-44)
So keep exercising!
And that is the part of what you wrote that I really understood!!!
36.gif
Thanks so much. I will keep on exercising as long as I''m capable of exercising!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so we had a wonderful dinner at a thai place downtown..we took the light rail over and met a few friends...we all shared a fresh spring rolls appetizer with veggies, tofu etc and peanut sauce, and then i had a really yummy large salad called waterfall beef which is basically charbroiled beef with shredded carrots, onions, cucumbers on a bed of lettuce with lime juice, cilantro and vinager kind of dressing.....!! i seriously loved it. and we all shared a fried prawn dish but their version of 'fried' was flash fried so it was hardly fried at all...and i had 2 shrimp. however, dessert was divine! we all shared a sorbet bombe which was basically passionfruit and mango sorbets in a ball shape, and then white chocolate covered in a hard shell and when cooled, the shell is drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauce..AND we also shared a fried banana dish which is basically like a banana split but fried with ice cream, cherries, chocolate sauce. the funniest thing is while i typically love the fried banana desserts at places like this, the bombe with sorbet was AMAZING. it tasted SO good. they mentioned it was something new they were trying so we raved about it and said it was literally 'the bombe'...lol. anyway, yum. then we walked over to a farther light rail station about 10 minutes away, to get a little walk in after dinner and took the rail home, lots of weirdos out there at 10pm at night, lol.

i was wearing this pair of jeans all day today...it's one of my size 6's from american eagle. these things were practically falling off me. i even put them in the dryer for 10 minutes while home after my hair appt and before dinner, and it didn't help. so either my body is a bit smaller and i don't know it (measurements seem the same?) or my jeans are morphing somehow. AND i bake my cheapo jeans all the time in the dryer so it's not like i baby them like i do my expensive ones. super random...i hope i can bake these to shrink them down a bit or else i won't be able to wear them anymore. they were bugging the heck out of me while we were walking since there was extra material under my butt and on my thighs. i seriously need more paige's..love those jeans because they fit my legs and butt quite well. hehe.

anyway, we're watching some TV then bed. tomorrow morning we have our tax appt at our accountant...we'll have breakfast here at home first (i'm excited to try those new english muffins) and we were talking about meeting some friends for lunch, but they have a new baby and are pretty hectic so i don't think we will be able to catch up with them..which is good because they like to eat at large portion chain restaurants that are kind of on a TGIF scale and i really don't need to be at one of those places tomorrow...i want to save my food fun for dinner tomorrow night!

hope everyone had a wonderful friday night with yummy food and fun!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m off to get my hair cut in five minutes (getting my hair done at 8:00 in the morning -- oh the things I''ll do to accommodate my clients'' schedules, LOL) but I just wanted to say that I have on a little pseudo workout outfit (slim black velour pants a long sleeved t-shirt from Eddie Bauer) and when I looked in the mirror this morning with these clothes on for the first time in a long time I though I looked thin. (Well, OK, thinnER.)
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great explanation - thanks Lisa, that also helps in a motivational way for us too!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Great job Dee on noticing your slimming differences, sometimes a change of clothes makes you stop and realise just how well you are doing!

I did an hour cardio last night again, hope to do some more and weights tonight.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 8:44:18 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I''m off to get my hair cut in five minutes (getting my hair done at 8:00 in the morning -- oh the things I''ll do to accommodate my clients'' schedules, LOL) but I just wanted to say that I have on a little pseudo workout outfit (slim black velour pants a long sleeved t-shirt from Eddie Bauer) and when I looked in the mirror this morning with these clothes on for the first time in a long time I though I looked thin. (Well, OK, thinnER.)
36.gif
This calls for celebration!!!
emotion-19.gif

Way to go DeeJay!

Glad dinner was good, Mara. I hear you re: chain restaurants. I''ve just never enjoyed them, on the whole. It seems they compensate for lack of quality with quantity and it just leaves me wanting real good food. I''ve been to Claim Jumper once and was sickened by the portion size. When they brought out the plates I thought "this is enough to feed me for 4 days!!!" Weird about the jeans, I hope they can be dryed so they fit better again.

As always, you are an inspiration Lorelei.

Looking forward to dinner out tonight and some relaxation. John has been non-stop busy for the last two weeks and he could use a bit of reprieve.

With the exception of Monday I''ve eaten less than 1500 calories every day this week, that''s a first for me.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Good morning/afternoon all,

Just ran a 5k along the beach this morning - the weather is beautiful here! The race started at 7:30 am. Now I am drinking a protein smoothie made with my new bullet!

Kimberly,

Was it you that had dinner with some girlfriends and did not want to share what they were eating? Can you please tell me how you ended up handling this matter? I did like someone''s suggestion of fibbing and saying you had birthday cake earlier in the day.

Thanks,

Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results