shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th June till 10th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
pretty dress mara. kimberly, sorry you are still feeling sick. dj, way to go with the loss - yay!

(p.s. thanks for the well wishes for my kitty, we got some antibiotics yesterday and he is starting to perk up.
emsmile.gif
)

yesterday was absolutely gorgeous weather here, 75 and sunny, so i swapped my gym plan for the day. i went on a 2 mile walk outside, then later rode the bike for 40 minutes. today, now that it''s 90 and humid, i''ll go to the gym and hit the elliptical - as soon as i finish typing this, in fact!

food today has been a latte for breakfast, then broccoli slaw, light string cheese, and a nectarine. snack was my usual kashi granola bar. i made some really yummy ratatouille last night with eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, tomato and onion, and am planning to have the leftovers for dinner.

i agree with mara''s earlier post that it''s really not beneficial to compare yourself with others, you just have to do the best you can for yourself.

off to the gym.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I always enjoy your restaurant reviews, you''ve given me a few ideas of places to check out - thanks! Too bad YP was out of the fat free. So, you resisted the regular? I''m impressed. Most of their flavors are low cal even if not FF so I usually just get what I like, whether it is FF or not. My favorites are chocolate, peanut butter, mint, and angel food cake. Sometimes they have good fruit flavors too.

I had a yummy at-home Fandango-esque salad for lunch after the gym. I used spring greens, blue cheese crumbles, a few pecans, mandarine oranges, and low fat raspberry vinagrette. I had it with a toasted pita bread with hummus for lunch. I think I will serve it as the salad along with the pasta I''m making for my in laws tomorrow.

Had an awesome workout - 30 min on the spin bike and 35 min of running. I really pushed myself on the run! As I was leaving a guy I used to work for like 6 years ago came in. That was a little weird. I would have said hi but he wasn''t around when I got off the treadmill. I can''t believe I am old enough now to say I worked for someone 6 years ago. Where is the time going?!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon All,

I''m feeling better, yay! Thanks for all your well-wishes! I have devoted my afternoon to schoolwork as I have a huge assignment due on Sunday and I don''t feel like falling over, this is great news! Today was rough, the kids were all off and it''s not even a full moon. Lots of tantrums and tears. I was the lucky recipient of a bite on the wrist and my little friend managed to break the skin. Since there was blood I had to fill out a bunch of workers comp forms, not so fun.

I am bound and determined to get in a workout of some sort tomorrow. I must get back on the exercise wagon...it''s been way too sporadic lately.

Food, same as always. John is making a pork roast, some veggies and salad for dinner, yumo! Poor guy has got to be so done cooking. I told him I''m in charge of dinner tomorrow night.

Mara, I am an obsessive person about certain things and I learned through my weight loss journey (it sounds corny but I can''t think of another description for it) that so much of my problem was that I was always waiting for the next time I could eat, it didn''t matter if it was 2 minutes or 2 hours away. When I figured out it didn''t matter when I ate my Id would always be ready for more I learned to really limit my intake and thoroughly enjoy each and every meal. I love my morning oatmeal and tea, I savor each almond, I sip each glass of wine like it''s going to be my last. Wow, can you tell I''m in the process of writing a persuasive essay for school? ha ha ha Anyways, the food part started to come easy for me. Exercise is my battle, and not because I don''t enjoy it, I honestly do; the hard part is fitting it in 90% of the time (the other 10% is just plain feeling like being a slug).

Anyways, I need to get back to the grind so I have time to exercise tomorrow!

Happy evening.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fab trip to the gym! I did the elliptical for 65 minutes 690 cals.

For dinner I'm having 2 scrambled eggs and 2 chicken sausages, which is actually quite a bit of food, for 330 cals. (A little less really because all the cal counters account for milk in your eggs and I don't put any.) Plus, I have been counting these sausages as 100 cals each all this time, but they're only 90. Hey, I'll take every 10 cals I can get! Including the pudding I plan on having later I'll come it at 1160 total for the day. Hmmm... maybe I'll sneak a little extra something in there.

And tomorrow I get to spend the day with Ellen!!! All bets are off foodwise; I'm going to try to be good but if something bad appeals to me I'm going to have it. What good are diamonds if you're hungry?!

Kimberly, glad to hear you're feeling better!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
sb - I''m so glad to hear your kitty is feeling better - I always feel so guilty when my animals are sick!

DJ - it sounds like you are really getting back into the swing of things with exercise. Go you!!

Kim - I''m so glad you are feeling better
1.gif

I, unfortunately, have a bit of a tummy bug. I think its mostly stress from having a HORRIBLE presentation at work on Wednesday morning, but I''ve barely been able to eat all day, and I haven''t been to the gym since Tuesday because I feel so rotten and I probably won''t go tomorrow. Yuck!!
8.gif
14.gif
Anyway, if anyone has any good, get-well vibes to spare I''d really appreciate them!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear you're feeling better Kimberly!! Loved your essay'ish food comments. For me, food is the center of the universe, so being deprived most of the time has been an issue for me since I began Rebuild Rod over 18 months ago. And like you, I relish every morsel I get. I too covet every almond I get to snack on. I drool in anticipation of my three pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate and I savor every bite of my Fuji Apple every night. I've just gotten used to the fact that I'll never be able to eat the way Rod used to eat. But, I do allow myself some indulgences as you've all come to know. Like tomorrow is Sushi night and we do share shrimp and vegetable tempura as an appetizer. And I will have a 16 ounce Sapporo with my dinner. And Saturday morning before our grueling training session, I'll have a Tart Cherry Scone with my breakfast as an added treat. But the rest of the time, I've super duper careful about what I eat as I will NEVER be fat again, I TELL YOU. NEVER!

Good going at the gym DeeJay!!

Feel better soon Amber, so sorry you have a tummy ache.

Today's been the best day yet at work. I'm finally getting back into the swing of things and for the first time since rejoining my company felt I actually accomplished some things. I've eaten super healthy today too. And then of course after work, I went to the gym. Since getting over my cold, I was able to work out fully energized tonight. I really pushed hard and felt just like a strong and healty person should. So, it was nice to be so completely on my game at the gym again.

As mentioned above, tomorrow's a day off from the gym, and it's Sushi night. So, I'm really looking forward to that!!

Have a great night everyone!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 10:14:14 PM
Author: Rod
So glad to hear you''re feeling better Kimberly!! Loved your essay''ish food comments. For me, food is the center of the universe, so being deprived most of the time has been an issue for me since I began Rebuild Rod over 18 months ago. And like you, I relish every morsel I get. I too covet every almond I get to snack on. I drool in anticipation of my three pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate and I savor every bite of my Fuji Apple every night. I''ve just gotten used to the fact that I''ll never be able to eat the way Rod used to eat. But, I do allow myself some indulgences as you''ve all come to know. Like tomorrow is Sushi night and we do share shrimp and vegetable tempura as an appetizer. And I will have a 16 ounce Sapporo with my dinner. And Saturday morning before our grueling training session, I''ll have a Tart Cherry Scone with my breakfast as an added treat. But the rest of the time, I''ve super duper careful about what I eat as I will NEVER be fat again, I TELL YOU. NEVER!

Good going at the gym DeeJay!!

Feel better soon Amber, so sorry you have a tummy ache.

Today''s been the best day yet at work. I''m finally getting back into the swing of things and for the first time since rejoining my company felt I actually accomplished some things. I''ve eaten super healthy today too. And then of course after work, I went to the gym. Since getting over my cold, I was able to work out fully energized tonight. I really pushed hard and felt just like a strong and healty person should. So, it was nice to be so completely on my game at the gym again.

As mentioned above, tomorrow''s a day off from the gym, and it''s Sushi night. So, I''m really looking forward to that!!

Have a great night everyone!!
Rod, I''m so glad I amused you. I get into academic writing mode and can''t pull myself away from it to talk like I normally would. You and I are in the same boat, every bite is truly a treat and I relish in it. John just called me an "ice creamer" because I eat my little serving every night with pleasure. And he''d join you in having a Sapporo, that''s what he drinks when we go to our favorite Thai restaurant. YUMMY! I''m also glad work is going so well. It''s so cocmforting to be where one feels at home.

Dinner was delicious, now I''m stuffed full! I haven''t felt this full since we were in Hawaii, it''s quite odd and I didn''t overeat so I''m not sure what the deal is.

Anyways, happy evening to you all! again

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all...

I didn''t get a workout in today, I wasn''t feeling too swell for some reason, and the weather here was just weird all day. It was 95 degrees, humid, and verrrrry windy. I checked the weather forecast at 2 p.m. and much to my dismay found that our area was under a severe weather warning and wind advisory, with possibilities of wind gusts between 80-90 mph, OH MY!
6.gif
DH was flying back from Detroit around that time, I was so worried about him today. He said there was some turbulence but nothing major...still. I try not to think about worst case scenarios when he''s traveling but it was tough not to today.

Anyway, at this point the wind advisory has been cancelled and we are just expecting stormy weather tonight and tomorrow...I love listening to rain at night, but not being awakened between the hours of 12 and 4 a.m. by crashes of thunder and lightning so I''m sort of dreading that. I arrived home from work to find we had lost power from tree branches hitting power lines
20.gif
, which of course sent the village works dept. scrambling to cut off every errant limb in the neighborhood (um, why wasn''t there any trimming done earlier this spring?) So I took a nap for about 45 minutes waiting for the power to come back on so I could make myself some dinner.

I ate really well today and came in about 100 calories less than my planned 1200 for the day so I''m going to have a scoop of raspberry sorbet from TJ''s while I read in bed and wait for the thunderboomers... hurry up bedtime, I love me some raspberry sorbet!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening everyone!! sounds like everyone had a pretty good day, glad to hear those with colds are getting better. today was another light good day for me at about 1200 cals. breakfast was fiber one, berries, fage; snack was light n'fit yogurt; lunch was a turkey sandwich with avocado and dijon with sprouts and red onions on nine grain bread and a cup of 'vegetarian vegetable' soup; snack was wow cow...chocolate mint swirled with white choco macadamia, mmmm. for dinner we had TJ's enchiladas, i had the black bean and corn with a bit of extra 2% cheddar melted and spinach salads with FF TJ's dressing, corn and shredded carrots. i just went for a 1m walk tonite, taking a bit of a break today as it's TTOTM and i feel kind of tired. we're heading to bed in a few minutes...happy tomorrow is friday!

DJ and ellen hope you guys have some fun tomorrow!! Kimberly...yes i can be obsessive as well about things sometimes...i do love food and it's hard for me sometimes to not have what i want...but overall i just have to remind myself of how i feel when i eat well and healthy and how i feel when i overindulge. sometimes i love to splurge and will just pay the piper consequence wise, but over time i can feel it getting easier for me to have that kind of middle of the road mentality which i am very happy about. it's so funny because sometimes it's SOO easy for me to go for a while and not really have a hard time with self-control or moderation (i am in that mode right now and i love it), but other times it just seems like it's a total struggle.

gail, yeah they were out of the 10 cal one but we weren't really hungry anyway...we were there and i wanted to try it so i would have shared the smallest one with greg just to get a taste, but i wasn't THAT disappointed that they didn't have any...we were going to dinner like 2 hours later so i was saving my appetite as best i could hehe.

tomorrow at work we are having a baby shower and the people planning it want an ice cream sundae party.
20.gif
the last time we had a baby shower i mowed on a ton of sweets the whole time, and felt soo crappy for it later. so my plan is to head over to the fro yo place and get a few flavors of wow cow for people who don't want full fat and calorie ice cream. also i have the low-sugar hersheys syrup here at home so i think i will bring that too. and maybe get a few bananas at whole foods. then i can have my 10 cal wow cow w/some syrup and banana slices. i even thought about bringing a few vitalicious and heating them up and tearing them into pieces so people could use brownie bits in their sundaes too. i told a few people at work i was going to get the yogurt and they were all for it, so maybe i can keep a few others from overindulging as well! my coworker is making cupcakes so i am sure i will have one of those but i'm already planning for it so it's doable.

AG & monnie, hope you feel better!! anyway hope everyone had a great day and is looking fwd to friday and a fun weekend. tomorrow is a gym day after work and then we are going out to dinner but not sure where...we have a full day on saturday with the wedding and all that in napa, we leave at around 11 so we will probably stick locally tomorrow night and do something low key and casual so we can pack and get ready too. nite all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Sounds like everyone is doing great and is most definitely ready for the weekend. Hope you all have a fantastically healthy day. Will check in later.

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! I''m thrilled to report my breakthrough on the scale--down 18 lbs! Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but this morning it was good to me LOL.

I''m off to meet Ellen now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Have a great time together! Have some cake for me
3.gif
You can afford cake Dee - congrates on the weight loss!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Dee jay and Ellen have a fun day. Ellen, dee jay is taking you on the same blingfest tour she took me on and you will just love it. so fun and you just can''t beat being on michigan ave. for enjoyable walking..

Have fun at the baby shower mara, good idea to bring along the wow cow.

So, i got up early to walk Zoe this morning and decided to check out this new trail that just opened that goes around a golf course, backs into the woods and makes a huge circle. it''s all pavement so no worries of muddy messes like my hiking trail. anyway, I decided to go the direction that would leave me facing the sun the shortest amount of time and walked the huge loop, it was gorgeous, you go over wooded bridges along the edge of a small creek etc. I got 85% of the way, appr. 2.5 miles and the bridge that brings me back to the start was gated and LOCKED. so there was no way to cross without getting completely wet going through the water I had to turn around and do the 2.5 miles home
39.gif
. Even Zoe was slowing down towards the end b/c it was already 70 when we started and i''m sure closer to 80 by the time we got home. So, I''m for the extra long workout but it was so not planned. I''m going to do something special with the extra calories I burned..icecream maybe???
18.gif

I hope everyone has a great weekend
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol mrs salvo, i am giggling at the thought of your face as you saw that locked gate, BUT it is so awesome you got a 5m walk in!!!! don''t you love when fate intervenes and makes you work out harder? hehee.

morning everyone! DJ and ellen have a fab time today!!

thank goodness it''s friday!! it has been a great week back at work but i am glad to have a weekend...too bad we''ll be so busy for most of it but it will be enjoyable busy at least. today is a gym day, and breakfast was fiber one, raspberries and blueberries, and fage with cinnamon and coffee...mmm. i swear i am addicted to the blueberries and raspberries right now. they are super sweet. and the strawberries are still mega sweet too. lunch will be the southwest chicken kashi entree for 250 cals and then dinner is who knows what, but we are looking at getting me a new car finally (we are soo lazy) so i think we are going tonite to a mini dealership to check out what is on the lot and talk to the salesguys to figure out what the process is and all that, and then we''ll go grab some dinner in downtown mountain view. there are a ton of restaurants so we''ll see what tickles our fancy.

it''s funny because since we came home, we are both totally missing the warm east coast nights....it''s been ridiculously chilly here in N.CA at night, last nite we went for a walk wearing sweats and we both were freezing by the time we got back. and the days are windy and maybe 72. totally not making us happy considering it''s june. it''s funny because while CA is typically known for great weather, the last few years here have just been totally not what we are used to. actually the last 5-7 years it seems like it''s colder every year. so we are still talking about moving at some point...and those 10 days in the nice warm EC climate totally spoiled us. sure the days were kinda hot (aka one day was like 92 and a bit humid) but the nights were so warm and pretty!! anyway hoping we get some better weather here soon.

anyhow, enjoy the day everyone and hope you are looking fwd to a great weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Everyone!

Your walk sounded like quite the adventure there Mrssalvo. If you treat yourself to some icecream, it's totally deserved!!

Woo Hoo on the 18 lost pounds (which I'm sure you never find again) DeeJay!!! I hope you and Ellen have a fabulous day together!!

Be careful of what you wish for there Mara!
10.gif
11.gif
There are lot's of east coaster's who would gladly put on a pair of sweats to take a walk in the evening. You and Greg should maybe come back in July or August and see how you enjoy the heat.......LOL. Having been born and raised in the Washington D.C., area, I can tell you that summer heat in the mid atlantic states can be stifling hot. I remember nights that the temps were still in the 90's at midnight with about 1 million percent humidity. You know what they say about the grass being greener on the other side of the pasture?!
31.gif

It's finally summer down here in sunny Tampa. We're getting into the rainy season, which means a thunderstorm almost every afternoon (which is firing up as I type this about 3:15 eastern time). I enjoy the afternoon thunderstorms we get. Usually, once they're over, we get these big puffy clouds that help to create the most spectacular sunsets all summer long.

We're having server issues at work so email is moving at a snails pace, which is making the day drag on. I'm ready for the weekend to start and for us to be sitting in our favorite Sushi restaurant and for me to having a nice cold Sapporo. Oh well, only about 2 more hours till we can leave for the weekend.........
36.gif

On the lost weight front, the scale was my friend this morning too. I've been pretty stuck at about 175 pounds for months. And as some of you know, I don't weigh myself every day anymore as that's just too frustrating and not really reflective of how one is really doing, as long as one is being careful with food and exercising regularly. So, if I weigh myself, it's usually on Friday mornings following our three straight days in the gym. And like I said, the mean old scale usually says 175 without fail. But this morning, it was being kind, or I've actually lost a little more weight, because I weighed 170.6, which is a big enough difference that indicates I have lost a couple more pounds. And it shows in my pants too as I commented earlier in the week that I had put on a pair of pants size 32 and they fit me absolutely perfectly. Anyway, I thought that was pretty exciting this morning.

I'll check in later. Have a nice Friday evening everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to go on the "surprise" weight loss, Rod! Be careful now that you don''t end up having to buy new skinnier clothes, lol!

We were supposed to have really bad weather last night but it ended up not even raining. Ticks me off because I didn''t water my flowers last night since we''d been under all sorts of weather warnings/advisories and then nothing happened. It left me feeling completely unsatisfied...kind of like when you feel yourself start to sneeze but nothing happens?

Today the weather is beautiful and I will probably go home after work and sit outside and play with the dogs for an hour or so. Then it''s some moderate housecleaning for half an hour or so while we throw some dinner on the grill, I think I''ll do veggie kabobs again and maybe make some whole grain rice and season with garlic, DH can have whatever meat product that appeals to him. A nice long walk with the dogs may be in order later in the evening, and that will be the end of a good day.

DeeJay and Ellen, hope you''re having a fabulously blingy day downtown! The weather is TOO nice, I''m glad you''re getting the best of it for your weekend, Ellen!
35.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
congrats on the lost pounds rod and dj.

mrssalvo, i have had that happen to me with a locked gate before, but at least you got in a nice long workout!

kimberly, glad you are feeling better.

ag and monarch, hope you feel better soon. one of the things that usually helps me when i have a stomach bug is eating some yogurt (make sure it''s the kind with live active cultures). it''s pretty bland, and helps repopulate your intestine with good friendly bacteria.

lorelei, i am still impatiently waiting for pics of jasmine! it''s been almost a week...

mara, ice cream sundaes sound so good! i''m having friends over for dinner tonight and i think i now know what dessert will be! the rest of the menu is grilled salmon, strawberry spinach salad, and baguette.

i got in a good workout on the elliptical last night and then made a delicious fritatta with the leftover ratatouille for dinner. after dinner, i was craving a milkshake, so i made healthy version with skim milk, fage, half a frozen banana and cocoa powder. ended the day at 1150 calories.

today i had a pumpkin muffin for breakfast and tuna and spinach on a la tortilla factory with a nectarine for lunch. snack was a clif brownie z bar. i''m taking the day off from the gym.

in non-workout news, my company gave out some generous and unexpected bonus checks today, so i have spent the afternoon daydreaming about the bling i am going to get with it! some of it is going into savings, but complete fiscal responsibility is so boring! top contenders right now are either a diamond pendant or shared prong bangle...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shortblonde, yay! for bonus checks!!!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see what you get, and I agree completely that life is no fun if you don''t enjoy unexpected windfalls within reason! I got a bonus last month as well so I paid off a couple of bills and then put some in savings towards a LV bag, I tried to divvy it up into equal parts frugality and fun, lol!

Thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling 100% better today, I don''t know what was going on yesterday, I think it was a combo of too many veggies and the hot and humid weather, I felt sluggish and yucky all day but by yesterday evening I was fine. I actually try to stay away from dairy when i have something gastrointestinal going on, but the point you make about yogurt and active cultures is a good one and something I will try next time.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2007 4:10:34 PM
Author: shortblonde
congrats on the lost pounds rod and dj.

mrssalvo, i have had that happen to me with a locked gate before, but at least you got in a nice long workout!

kimberly, glad you are feeling better.

ag and monarch, hope you feel better soon. one of the things that usually helps me when i have a stomach bug is eating some yogurt (make sure it''s the kind with live active cultures). it''s pretty bland, and helps repopulate your intestine with good friendly bacteria.

lorelei, i am still impatiently waiting for pics of jasmine! it''s been almost a week...

mara, ice cream sundaes sound so good! i''m having friends over for dinner tonight and i think i now know what dessert will be! the rest of the menu is grilled salmon, strawberry spinach salad, and baguette.

i got in a good workout on the elliptical last night and then made a delicious fritatta with the leftover ratatouille for dinner. after dinner, i was craving a milkshake, so i made healthy version with skim milk, fage, half a frozen banana and cocoa powder. ended the day at 1150 calories.

today i had a pumpkin muffin for breakfast and tuna and spinach on a la tortilla factory with a nectarine for lunch. snack was a clif brownie z bar. i''m taking the day off from the gym.

in non-workout news, my company gave out some generous and unexpected bonus checks today, so i have spent the afternoon daydreaming about the bling i am going to get with it! some of it is going into savings, but complete fiscal responsibility is so boring! top contenders right now are either a diamond pendant or shared prong bangle...
That''s sounds really good. How many calories would that be?? I may have to have one of those some night. Yummm.

And, way to go on the bonus and recognizing that sometimes fiscal responsibility is boring. Some may remember that while still unemployed, I ordered the new BMW 335 Hardtop Convertible. How''s that for totally ignoring fiscal responsibility??!! The car still won''t be here until the early to middle part of August, but I can wait that long.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
rod, the shake was about 190 calories (40 for half a cup of skim milk, 80 for the fage 0%, 50 for half banana, and 20 for the cocoa powder). i also added 2 packets of stevia (or other sweetener of your choice).

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Shortblonde. Sounds like a winning combination!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from my trek down Michigan Avenue and jeweler's row with Ellen (and awake from my nap too--she wore me out, LOL!). We met at her hotel and had breakfast at a place nearby. I went for the veggie eggwhite omlet. I did put half and half in my coffee, and ate a few of the potatos, but that was all the badness there. For lunch we went to a great South American place that has THE BEST jewelry lighting I've ever see, but the main dining room was closed for private event so we had to eat in the lounge. Yummy food, but not to such great lighting.
5.gif
I was going to order anything that appealed to me, even if it wasn't healthy, but the thing I wanted most was the arugula salad with seared tuna, avacado, tortilla strips, jimica, and a cilantro lime dressing. Not supper healthy, but hardly a train wreck either.

I've got a date in the dog run with two crazy pups right now, so even though I'm not working out today I feel like I'm getting a fair amount of exercise in.

The HH has no plans to make dinner so it looks like we're going out. I'll have to wrack my brain for somewhere to go that will give me good options since I'm super motivated by the number on the scale from this morning (which I know will be higher tomorrow just out of spite from the scale gods!!).

And as for ignoring fiscal responsiblity, I did try on a yellow diamond ring today that has me thinking hard about getting that project back up and running again. It was not any style that I would have ever thought of on my own, but it was beautiful on my hand... Hmmm...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Great Friday news, all!

Yay for lbs lost, Rod and DeeJay!

Glad you had a fun time, Ellen and DeeJay.

I haven''t gotten into the whole fage thing, but that shake sounds delish, shortblonde! And congrats on the bonus and the bling.

Continuing to be on the mend, which is great news. But still trying to write that paper, which is not so fun! Plus I have another assignment to complete by the end of the day tomorrow.

I am relieving John of his cooking duties tonight for the first time in a very long time, poor buddy. I''m making chicken in a coconut curry sauce for dinner and he''ll throw a salad together.

We''ll go out one night this weekend, but who knows when. Maybe tomorrow, that sounds nice.

I got bit again today at work, but he didn''t break skin this time, it looks like a bruise/hicky on my shoulder. It''s a good thing I''m on antibiotics for my infection! The first wound is healing really quickly, though, so that''s great. It just looks like a scrape today.

I''m hoping to finish this paper in time to go out for a nice walk...so back to work for me!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2007 6:35:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Great Friday news, all!

I haven''t gotten into the whole fage thing, but that shake sounds delish, shortblonde! And congrats on the bonus and the bling.

Continuing to be on the mend, which is great news. But still trying to write that paper, which is not so fun! Plus I have another assignment to complete by the end of the day tomorrow.

I am relieving John of his cooking duties tonight for the first time in a very long time, poor buddy. I''m making chicken in a coconut curry sauce for dinner and he''ll throw a salad together.

We''ll go out one night this weekend, but who knows when. Maybe tomorrow, that sounds nice.

I got bit again today at work, but he didn''t break skin this time, it looks like a bruise/hicky on my shoulder. It''s a good thing I''m on antibiotics for my infection! The first wound is healing really quickly, though, so that''s great. It just looks like a scrape today.

I''m hoping to finish this paper in time to go out for a nice walk...so back to work for me!
It''s truly remarkable that you can do what you do Kimberly. People like you should be nominated for Sainthood. And on top of that, you''re making John dinner? Sounds yummy btw. I saw fage in the grocery store for the first time this week, so I guess I''ll buy some and give that shake a try. It did sound really yummy.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you and Ellen had a fantastic day DeeJay. Hmmmmm, a yellow diamond ring sounds fantastic. Didn't you take pictures of that bauble on your hand for us to drool over? Enjoy your dinner out wherever that turns out to be!

We had just a wonderful dinner at our Sushi place. Our waitress is from Japan and she is the cutest thing. When we arrive, she doesn't even ask what we want for an appetizer, or what we want to drink. She just brings out my Sapporo and Charlie's glass of Merlot without us ordering. Then, our shrimp tempura with vegetables (extra mushrooms to boot) just arrives and it sets the tone for such a nice evening. Our waitress is so sweet. Everytime she brings something to our table, she touches one of us and says in a decidly Japanese tone.........."thank you for waiting!" It's so cute. The owner of the restaurant visits us regulars and hugs us everytime we come in. So, it's just a wonderful place to dine. We'd both like to redecorate the place, as it's really short on atmosphere, but the sushi is perhaps the best I've had anywhere, so I'll opt for no atmosphere, but great food over great atmosphere, but poor food any day.

Then, we went to Starbucks and there were still some lingering thunder clouds in the distance and we sat and watched the most amazing double rainbow we've ever seen. It was so vivid and bright and you could see the entire arch from beginning to end. Simply amazing. On a Friday night, our Starbucks under the Oak tree is jammed with so many people. Most of them are in their 20's and look to be in their prime. And then about 8 PM they all just leave. And we used to wonder where everyone was going. Well, now that we've been going for so long, we've come to know many of the regulars and it turns out, Friday night is AA meeting night in South Tampa. They're really open about going to their meetings too. I admire that they are so dedicated and there's like this brotherhood they all share. It's really amazing to watch.

Anyway, we're home now with kitties in our laps and we're relaxing for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow morning we have a session with our trainer at the gym and we can expect him to push us hard and wear us out, but it is the best feeling in the world when it's over.

I hope everyone's having a terrific evening!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Rod your sushi dinner sounds like so much fun!! My DH and I''s first apartment in San Francisco was half a block from a little hole in the wall sushi place - extremely short on decor and atmosphere, but wonderful food and super-cheap. We were definitely regulars there - I miss living that close to such a yummy place.

Your Starbucks sounds like fun too - it really makes me miss living in a "neighborhood" hearing all about yours. We''re in an apartment complex surrounded by college students and its not near anything fun like that. Sounds like such a lovely and relaxing evening!

BTW - have you ever posted pictures of your kitties? I LOVE kitties
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
(we have three who we adore) and I would love to see pictures of those little furballs of yours...
12.gif

I''m happy to report I''m feeling a bit better today. Definitely starting to get my appetite back and feeling a lot stronger, though not 100%. I was feeling well enough though to hit up the Nordstrom sale with my mom this morning - she has been doing Sparkpeople too and walking more and has lost a whole size already, so we got her some cute new jeans to celebrate
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so proud of her and she told me she was inspired by my success, which really made me feel wonderful
9.gif
Unfortunately I didn''t find anything at the sale, but then we went to Bloomie''s and I discovered that Joe''s Jeans makes petite jeans
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So I tried on a pair, and, so excited I am down ANOTHER SIZE
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I tried on 29''s and they fit OK but were a tiny bit loose and the saleslady said they would stretch out too much to fit well, but she brought me 28''s and they fit even better!! And since they are a petite size, they don''t even need to be hemmed, and the proportion of the jeans and everything is perfect. I don''t know if this is because I''ve lost additional weight because the gym scale is broken and so I can''t weigh myself, but maybe the weightlifting is making me smaller (i.e. more muscle?). OK, I''m sure you are all very very sick of reading about me and my smaller sizes, but thanks for indulging me - it is nice to not only enjoy how good I feel about it but have people to share it with who understand how excited I am
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 8:38:10 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 6/8/2007 6:35:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Great Friday news, all!

I haven't gotten into the whole fage thing, but that shake sounds delish, shortblonde! And congrats on the bonus and the bling.

I am relieving John of his cooking duties tonight for the first time in a very long time, poor buddy. I'm making chicken in a coconut curry sauce for dinner and he'll throw a salad together.

We'll go out one night this weekend, but who knows when. Maybe tomorrow, that sounds nice.

I got bit again today at work, but he didn't break skin this time, it looks like a bruise/hicky on my shoulder. It's a good thing I'm on antibiotics for my infection! The first wound is healing really quickly, though, so that's great. It just looks like a scrape today.

I'm hoping to finish this paper in time to go out for a nice walk...so back to work for me!
It's truly remarkable that you can do what you do Kimberly. People like you should be nominated for Sainthood. And on top of that, you're making John dinner? Sounds yummy btw. I saw fage in the grocery store for the first time this week, so I guess I'll buy some and give that shake a try. It did sound really yummy.
Rod, you are too kind! If you met the boy who bit me you too would feel the way I do if he had done it to you. He expresses emotions physically because he has no verbal skills; I can only imagine living inside his little head, and in doing so I ensure that I am tolerant when he gets excited and bites or pinches me because he doesn't know how to say "It's too loud" or "I'm angry" or "I'm so excited!" These kids sense everything (hearing, sight, etc.) at 7-20 times the magnitude we do, and he's a really sensitive boy so it has to drive him crazy to be in such a loud, active environment. He is the most adorable child, it's impossible not to love him and feel empathy. I'd take him home with me if I could. All of these boys are just amazing kids, they just need a bit more everything (quiet, affection, discipline, etc.) than a "normal" child does. This experience has really opened my eyes to the world that mentally and physically handicapped people live in, and I am lucky to have had the (ongoing) lesson. I think I get more from them than they do of me.

We had yummy dinner and managed to squeeze an hour long walk in before I cooked. It was so nice to do something physically active outside of work! And it was even nicer to spend quality time with John. Between both our jobs, my school and being sick we haven't had much time together.

Still no concrete plans for the weekend. I think that's a good thing though, as we're both a bit maxed out.

Way to go on the jeans, AG! And inspiring your mom, what an amazing feeling, I'm sure!

Have a terrific Friday evening all! And enjoy the wedding and trip to Napa, Mara!

~K

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats deejay, rod, and amber on the weight loss
36.gif

amber, I LOVE joe''s jeans and need petites too. yay for needing the smaller size too.

Rod, I thought of you today when hubby told me a new sushi place he went to. it''s in a real trendy place that has like a conveyer belt that circles the restaurant with different sushi items on each plate. each plate has a colored tag that represents the price and you just take off the plate that you want. Hubby said it was pretty cool and the sushi was good too. Ever heard of such a place?

So, I took Zoe on her evening 1 mile walk so I think that puts me at around 6 miles for today. tomorrow is my hike day which I love b/c it really works all the leg and booty muscles. Since I did the extra long walk this morning I indulged in a very rare treat, I bought a snickers. I never eat candy, I love sweets and try to find healthy lower cal versions of what I like but to eat a candy bar, can''t tell you the last time I did that and I enjoyed every single bite of it.

deejay, sounds like you and ellen had a great day too. Do you all have some pics for us?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber, I don''t think I have posted pics of the kitties, but I will. Koh is a Bombay and Sakai is a Burmese and they mean the world to me and Charlie. Also, thanks for the kind comments about our world here in Tampa. Having been away and now come back, it''s amazing how much we appreciate what we have and almost lost. We live in South Tampa, which is a wonderful neighborhood. It''s very established and mature and considered "the place" to be. It''s lush with huge towering tree''s everywhere, and often the branches are dripping with Spanish Moss. The neighborhoods are just beautiful, with sometimes maginificent and often unique homes many of which are very old, that are often worth a lot of money, but oh so nice to walk or drive past. The Hyde Park area where our gym is located is full of original, completely restored bungalow homes that are charming and colorful. Many are original Sear''s kit homes. We''re so lucky to be where we are and we don''t think we could ever live anywhere else.

Kimberly, again, I nominate you for Sainthood. It''s simply a wonderful wonderful thing you do with those children and I''m betting you are making an impression that will serve them well the rest of their lives!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2007 10:54:16 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Congrats deejay, rod, and amber on the weight loss
36.gif

amber, I LOVE joe's jeans and need petites too. yay for needing the smaller size too.

Rod, I thought of you today when hubby told me a new sushi place he went to. it's in a real trendy place that has like a conveyer belt that circles the restaurant with different sushi items on each plate. each plate has a colored tag that represents the price and you just take off the plate that you want. Hubby said it was pretty cool and the sushi was good too. Ever heard of such a place?

So, I took Zoe on her evening 1 mile walk so I think that puts me at around 6 miles for today. tomorrow is my hike day which I love b/c it really works all the leg and booty muscles. Since I did the extra long walk this morning I indulged in a very rare treat, I bought a snickers. I never eat candy, I love sweets and try to find healthy lower cal versions of what I like but to eat a candy bar, can't tell you the last time I did that and I enjoyed every single bite of it.

deejay, sounds like you and ellen had a great day too. Do you all have some pics for us?
I'm glad that I came to mind when Sushi was mentioned!! HaHa. I haven't heard of anything quite like that, but it sounds really interesting and something we'd surely go to!

Six miles walked today, eh........Someone's surely got to be developing some pretty sexy legs from all these long walks!! Glad you enjoyed that Snickers bar. I can't remember the last time I had a Snickers bar, but used to love them (maybe too much).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results