shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 4th June till 10th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh monarch that pic is scary. we had cicada''s hit Cincinnati when I was in Highschool. We used to eat lunch outside every day until they came but they got so bad it was just yucky. at one point they got so bad that some folks had to turn their wipers on to be able to see the road when driving. they are just nasty things
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 11:01:33 AM
Author: monarch64
I''m glad you''re enjoying my cicada stories, DeeJay! At least these bugs are good for entertainment purposes, in a disturbing way...here''s a picture of one so you can understand what it feels like to look over your shoulder and see this view:
oh...my...God...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol monnie i am a huge bug scardy cat so i feel for you....!!! whenever i see them in the garden i think 'okay you stay there and i will stay over here and it will all be fine' hehee.

morning everyone...sounds like everyone is doing well today...my measurements and weight are pretty much the same...which is nice considering the 10 days of brownies, pound cake, and trifle whipped cream berry cakes i consumed. the scale only shows about 1 lb left to lose to get back to 'normal' (132) and my measurements are good, the lower waist is like 1/4" off but that could just be bloating still hehe.

we have a wedding this weekend and i got the most beautiful dress so i want to look my best for the pictures hehee. it's been a long time since our gang has been together all dressed up at an event (my wedding 3 years ago!) so i want some new photographs of all of us! so i've been pretty good the last few days. today i am suppoosed to go to lunch with a vendor but i wish i could get out of it...i just don't feel like it but it would be rude to turn her down. so i might try to get her to go to panera where i know what i can eat or maybe walk over to whole foods for a fresh salad or something. we'll see! i just feel so good about being on track, i hate the opportunity for derailment hehe.

anyhow, kudos to all for great workouts and eating as typical...and remember that the scale does not always show an accurate picture of your health. so often our body is doing things INSIDE that we cannot see and might even show as a weight gain on the scale or similar. it's also important to try not to compare ourselves to each other or anyone else...i know it can be hard and frustrating, but our bodies are our own and we have to figure out what works for THEM and then give them that. i think most of us have that super thin perfect looking friend but let's face is, most people are not like that! the rest of us have to work at it. anyhow, don't get discouraged if you don't see changes right away, i have said this before but it took me almost 2-3 months of steady working out 4-5x a week AND watching what i ate for me to see ANY movement on the scale. but i am sure that i was busy burning fat and replacing it with muscle. when i finally saw those first few lbs fall off it was a really quick road from there, i think i lost the 20lbs in like 3 months from that point on because it was falling off in chunks intermittently. i have never been one of those people who can lose 1 lb steadily or anything. it's more chunky movements for me. i just kept reminding myself that i was doing better things for my body by eating right and working out...even if the scale wasn't agreeing.

robbie, in terms of what # to use, if the home scale is what you use daily to weigh yourself, use that moving fwd. you should weigh yourself at the same time every day and using the same scale to achieve consistency. but just remember that diff scales show diff things and even the scale in the morning is diff than at night. last week when we were traveling we had a scale in our room which was random, i only weigh myself at the gym like 3x a week, and i could see in the morning i was like 133 and then at night i could be up to 140! then back down to 133 in the morning. it was pretty crazy how the scale will show just basically 'how heavy you are' and nothing else. greg said i visually looked the same in the morning to night...but obviously i was heavier. water, bloating, sodium, all sorts of things can play into what the scale says.

have a great day all and keep your chin up!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo mara tell us about your dress!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh dress talk. well, it''s a maxstudio dress, i have never been in their store before but was on a mission to find the dress and saw a ton in the window so went in.MAN they have some seriously cute stuff! and expensive, but CUTE. the dress was $100 off which was such a perk as i did not want to spend too much on it, but it just ''called'' to me from the rack, i made a beeline for it as soon as i saw it hanging on the sale rack. these pictures are kind of odd because the gal is kind of pale but the dress is just stunning in person and it works so well with my darker skin tone. because there is pink threading through the crocheted straps, i got some strappy pink sandals and a sheer pink wrap but they are ''too much'' when worn together, so my girlfriend is bringing her chocolate wrap and bronze strappy sandals for me to try different combos to figure out what will work best visually. really the dress looks absolutely phenom with just the dress and the pink sandals so i''d love to just wear those, but chances are it will be chilly in sonoma at night so i need something that works for a wrap. so hopefully the chocolate wrap with the dress and pink shoes will work or else i will do the bronze strappy sandals with the pink wrap. i just need that small touch of pink to make the dress pop.

anyway don''t want to derail the thread, so just posting 2 pictures of the dress from their website, but i LOVE THIS DRESS!!! hehee. i was SO happy when they had my size and it fit me!! i tried on the medium but ended up having to get the small...hehe, mental bonus. hopefully i can get a good pic or two at the wedding and i''ll post it for you.

here''s the dress on the mannequin.

maxstudiomara3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this is a closeup on the top to show the pink threading through the crochet. it''s so pretty in person. i had two salespeople in separate stores tell me i''d look like a goddess which made me laugh. i just liked the dress!

maxstudiomara.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous find, Mara! I think you''re headed in exactly the right direction with the accessories. Don''t be upstaging the bride, now, girl...LOL!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara that is a VERY CUTE dress. i love that style but I''m too short to wear stuff like that, it makes me look like i''m in maternity clothes but one tall thin gals, it''s perfect and goddessish
9.gif

we just got back from the gym/pool. I did my early am walking with Zoe. hubby worked out while the girls were in their lessons and then we all went to the outdoor pool and swam for an hour. it was fun and a rare treat to have him with us during the work week. he weighed in again and down another pound which is really keeping him motivated on the calorie counting. he does admit to needing to up his workouts though. tonight I''m making whole wheat pasta which we all love but rarely eat. we are looking forward to it. I''ll also make a small side salad and we''ll skip the bread. should be yummy though..

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 2:44:49 PM
Author: mrssalvo
mara that is a VERY CUTE dress. i love that style but I''m too short to wear stuff like that, it makes me look like

LOL Mrs. S. on the short girl thing! I love dresses like this too but I feel like I look like a child in her nightie! Oh how I wish I was tall and thin like you Mara!

Anyway, back to the gym tonight. Whatever the big muscle is in the back of my left knee is a bit sore but I''m going to take some Aleve and hope for the best.

I''m also going to go through my closet and see if any of my cute summer pants fit because otherwise I''ll have to meet Ellen naked on Friday, and belive me, NO ONE wants that!!!

From a calorie standpoint I feel like I''ve eaten a lot today but everything has been low cal so even after I have the raspberries I brought for a snack this afternoon I will still have 385 cals left for dinner, which is plenty for a can of lentil soup with a piece of chicken sausage sliced up in it and some jello. I forget how easy it is to stay on track when I just PLAN!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m going to go give weights a try (same Firm DVD I did Sunday) in the basement. I didn''t work out yesterday morning or this morning due to my cold, but now I have this horrible fear of getting out of the groove and out of shape. Wish me luck!

Wednesday morning is my official weigh-in, and it was 125. It feels so good to have that be my weight!

Also, the 4P pants I bought from Ann Taylor Loft aren''t fitting that well anymore (as in are too loose)? But I just bought them last weekend. I really don''t think I could have changed that much in 10 days. Could washing them in cold have stretched them out?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha thanks guys, i loooove this dress and hope i can accessorize it nicely for the wkd. for jewelry i am just doing simple swingy earrings, my ring and bangle. this style of dress is flattering because of my height, and with 2-3" heels it DOES make me look taller and thinner. i love optical illusions! hehee.

so i had a vendor meeting and then we went to lunch. we went to panera...it''s funny because i have never been there before! it''s 1/2 a mile from work so we walked. this vendor gal who is working on this project with me is a marathon runner who also tries to be healthy so it was fun to be out with someone who was conscious about what she ate as well! i got a 1/2 chicken tomesco on sourdough with the pesto sauce on the side and a chicken noodle soup bowl..total cals was about 330 according to the nutritional guide info. very tasty! she got the salmon salad with poppyseed dressing, very healthy, i think the whole thing is like 340 cals. definitely going to do that again soon on my own! for snack i am going to have wow cow, today''s flavor is going to be peanut butter i think, mmmm!! activity tonite will be a ~3m walk around the neighborhoods and we are making dinner at home, not sure what yet.

DJ planning is so key for me. or rather just sticking to things i know are ''tried and true'' for eating...and trying to eat less processed. more fruits and veggies kinda thing.

PG congrats on loose size 4''s that is awesome. do the pants have stretch in them? i have a pair of size 4 abercrombie khakis with styling that i love (flattering fit) but the problem is that they fit perfectly when they go on, but literally within 30 minutes they are too loose around my butt and hips. i dry them in the hot dryer for like an extra 10 min each time and it doesn''t work. stretch can really bag out after worn for a little while!

mrs salvo good for you for getting out and walking!!! the pool sounds so appealing hehee.

hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I did it, and I feel great. I had to suck on a cough drop for a bit because breathing harder was giving me a sore throat (which in turn made me a bit nauseated), but now I feel really energized compared to how I felt before. :)

I''m hoping to go for my usual early morning walk tomorrow as well, but since I am the stuffiest upon waking up, I might need to put it off until the afternoon like I did today.

Plus, I''ve done The Firm at least 40 times since March, and today was the first time when I felt like I could keep up with the ab work. That''s always been the toughest area to strengthen for me. For the first time I felt like I was doing it right and was able to keep up.

Mara, I do think the pants are stretchy -- in fact, they''re described as "cropped stretch twill pant." How irritating! It says to let them air-dry but maybe I''ll try drying them just a little on low.

I know I''ll be eating lunch at Panera next week so I checked out their menu recently. Half a sandwich and soup is a good way to go. Some of the sandwiches can have 800 calories if you eat the whole thing, and often you add chips or whatever to that. I can''t believe I used to eat that way!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 3:14:34 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

I''m also going to go through my closet and see if any of my cute summer pants fit because otherwise I''ll have to meet Ellen naked on Friday, and belive me, NO ONE wants that!!!
Dee, as much as I like you, no, I don''t want that.
1.gif

9.gif
2.gif

I know what you mean about losing weight being great, but then you''ve got nothing to wear. I''ve had to retire several pairs of capris.
11.gif

Mara, cute dress. But at 5''5", I too don''t feel they look good on me, not tall enough. Have fun at your wedding!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 7:36:03 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 6/6/2007 3:14:34 PM

I'm also going to go through my closet and see if any of my cute summer pants fit because otherwise I'll have to meet Ellen naked on Friday, and belive me, NO ONE wants that!!!
Dee, as much as I like you, no, I don't want that.
1.gif

9.gif
2.gif

I know what you mean about losing weight being great, but then you've got nothing to wear. I've had to retire several pairs of capris.
11.gif

What size are those capris you've "grown out of"? Maybe they would fit me! Can I borrow a pair for Friday?
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 7:59:07 PM

What size are those capris you''ve ''grown out of''? Maybe they would fit me! Can I borrow a pair for Friday?
9.gif
9.gif

Hey, just go buy some. Not a lot, but enough to get you by. Maybe some with partial elastic in the waistband, so when you shrink more, they still fit.
28.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I''m sure you will look absolutely stunning in that dress!!! Now, fashion talk over, this is a fitness and health thread, remember?? LOL LOL (Like I haven''t hijacked this thread for things going on in my life over the last 8 months huh??)

Also, as many times as I''ve commented on having lunch at Panera and you have one 1/2 mile from you and you had never there until today?? We almost live at Panera and of course Starbucks. I love the You Pick Two" and get 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad often for lunch. I also like bagel sandwiches, but I''m afraid I have to have the bag of chips with that, so I don''t do that too often.

I didn''t get to the gym until nearly 6:30 tonight. I was still stunned to see how unbelievably crowed it was for a Wednesday night. Usually, by Wednesday, the crowd begins to drop off, or at least it used to. Wow, so many people there, but the energy was charged again and it helped to fuel a really strong, albeit really long workout. I didn''t walk out of the gym until nearly 9:00 and then I had another (super excitng) Lean Cuisine for dinner.

Tomorrow will likely be another long day, but will make it to the gym regardless. Then it''s Friday and Sushi night. Got to love tradition!

Hope everyone had a good day today too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:15:50 PM
Author: Rod

I love the You Pick Two'' and get 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad often for lunch.

this is what I get every time too. I usually do turkey and then one of the salads. if my sister goes with me, we split a chocolate chip cookie too
18.gif
love, love panera for lunch!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that dress is cute! I can''t wear empire waists that high - looks like maternity on me. I think copper or even gold accessories would look great. I have some gold strappy sandals that would be cute actually :)

Man, I did something dumb today, I planned my meals kinda poorly so when I arrived at barnes and noble this afternoon I was starving. I got a chocolate chip cookie. It was delicious, but I ate it too fast to really enjoy it. I just looked up the calories of a choc cookie @ starbucks (I figure it''s close) and it was 470 cals. Yikes! I could have had a very good proper lunch for those cals! Still, I''m at 1590 for the day, respectable. I''m tracking cals in a spreadsheet and it''s a useful tool.

I decided to take a rest day from the gym since I''ve gone 4 days in a row and I was feeling exhausted at my workout yesterday. I should take 1-2 rest days a week, I think. Sometimes I get on a roll and just exhaust myself.

Also about the cookie, i had planned on getting a coffee drink, and I had the cookie instead, so I guess my net cals are not as bad.

Of course, now I am starving again and want a snack! I made grilled chicken, whole grain pasta and vegetables for dinner - quite healthy - but it wasn''t as filling as it should have been, wonder why. I will might have some veggies and hummus for an evening snack.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My plan to go to the gym never came to fruition. The HH cleaned up the puppy''s mess this morning and somehow my workout bra got mixed in with the damp towels. I washed it but it''s still not dry and I''m afraid to put in the dryer because of the underwire. Oh well, at least my cals were good today; I''m coming in right at 1200.

It''s going to be HOT here tomorrow, but *ELLEN* the forecast has been revised to 75 on Friday with possible showers in the morning. (Who knows what it will really be like, but that''s the latest forecast...

Not much else to report. I''m so exhausted by the dogs that I''m heading to bed early and hoping the HH can wear them out before he comes up so that we call all get a good nights sleep.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 10:21:43 PM

I love the You Pick Two'' and get 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad often for lunch.

this is what I get every time too. I usually do turkey and then one of the salads. if my sister goes with me, we split a chocolate chip cookie too
18.gif
I knew we had much in common there Mrssalvo!!
36.gif
You may have seen me comment on one treat from Panera that is my only major indulgence on weekends and that''s their Tart Cherry Scones. If I could, I''d eat one every single day, but I limit them to a Saturday or Sunday treat only.

Ad Gail, don''t beat yourself up over a chocolate chip cookie. It''s frightening to eat something and then learn just how many calories are in that little thing huh? Still, those calories aren''t too likely to do any damage long term. Hopefully, you allowed yourself to enjoy it. Your dinner sounded nice and healthy too!

Sorry about not being able to make it to the gym DeeJay. Hope the puppies are worn out so you get a good nights sleep!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:58:07 PM

Date: 6/6/2007 10:21:43 PM

18.gif
I knew we had much in common there Mrssalvo!!
36.gif
You may have seen me comment on one treat from Panera that is my only major indulgence on weekends and that''s their Tart Cherry Scones. If I could, I''d eat one every single day, but I limit them to a Saturday or Sunday treat only.

Ad Gail, don''t beat yourself up over a chocolate chip cookie. It''s frightening to eat something and then learn just how many calories are in that little thing huh? Still, those calories aren''t too likely to do any damage long term. Hopefully, you allowed yourself to enjoy it. Your dinner sounded nice and healthy too!

Sorry about not being able to make it to the gym DeeJay. Hope the puppies are worn out so you get a good nights sleep!
Eh, having trouble highlighting. I was going to say, I didn''t enjoy it that much b/c I inhaled it since I was starving! I estimated it had 400 cals, so I wasn''t tooo surprised when I looked it up... I wish I would have just had a proper lunch but my day didn''t go that way.

Speaking of Panera, I do love that place, but I always have to look things up before I go. My usual order is a fandango salad. It has lettuce, pecans, oranges, and blue cheese in a fat free raspberry vinagrette. (How come salads are never as good at home?) Sometimes I do half salad/half sandwich. My favorite sandwich is the turkey artichoke panini which if memory serves is pretty caloric but not terrible if you just eat half. It''s really good! Also, the brocolli cheddar soup is not as bad for you as you might expect, if memory serves. I spent SOOO much time at Panera while I was a student b/c they had free Wi-Fi and comfy seats.

Rod, my husband shares your favorite scone. He loves that tart cherry scone! He even tried to make some at home once. (They came out really well! A little too well!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I''m a little late on the congrats, but CONGRATS! Can''t wait to see pics!

Monarch, I missed the thread last week, but I am glad you enjoyed the salad! I love lime too and I find that even just lime is tasty enough for me. Definitely try with the cilantro though if you haven''t already. As your DH found it, it certainly works as a salsa.

Oh, and EW Monarch...that was NOT a pic I wanted to see! I nearly jumped back!

I''m happy to report that I am in San Jose on a business trip and doing great foodwise and exercise wise. I have to give credit to Mara who emailed me and invited me to go walking with her and then hang out for dinner at her place. An offer I couldn''t refuse and it was so sweet of her to take in an out of town refugee....

I have to agree that those crabcakes she has been talking about are VERY good! I also got to meet her handsome and delightful husband, who upon finding out I like wine, opened up a bottle with dinner (kind of counteproductive to the walk, but ya''ll know I think a gal''s gotta live!). Greg really is an absolute doll. And Portia is just the funniest dog...

So thanks Mara for a lovely evening! I wish you were in every town I had to go to for business...I''d be skinny.....
9.gif

Also, I just saw the post on the dress...it''s really pretty.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers! had some fun this evening...traveling gal was in town tonite literally 5 min from us, so we got together and went for a nice long walk around the neighborhoods here (probably about 3-4m), then i made her a very special dinner, hehee. TJ's pizzas, crab cakes, and salad. mmm food of the gods! hehe. she shared some wine with greg, we gabbed like schoolgirls, it was a fab time. definitely broke up a long workweek! so i got my workout in and still managed to eat healthy which is good.

i was so jazzed today, i went to get my wow cow (chocolate mint and white chocolate macadamia blended together mmm). the guy behind the counter filled the child cup and then did a tall swirl like 4" above the cup! i said omg this is huge! and he said oh there is maybe only about 80 cals there. i said no way really. and he goes i have a scale here so i can weigh it if you want. i said sure, i like specifics! so it turned out it was only 6oz! so 60 cals. and this was by far the tallest i have let them serve me...so basically i have been estimating my yogurt fix to about 100 cals a day when it's been more like 40-50. bonus! so now i am jazzed i can get the child size and let them swirl it up and it's still only about 60 cals. gotta love it. chocolate mint was divine also.

also today i got some other walking in, with my 1m walk at lunch and then over to get the yogurt was about 1/4 mile each way. so not bad...lots of activity today. tomorrow is another walking day and then dinner at home with greg...i think we might do TJ's enchiladas with salad. anyhow, hope everyone had a smashing wednesday...rod it is funny that i have never really eaten at panera...but now i am def hooked!
2.gif
i'll stay away from the tart cherry scones though, that is a temptation i really don't need!
9.gif

eta...haha TG i just saw your post, like minds..
5.gif
greg is busy polishing off the wine as i type! next time it's spanish tapas.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TG! The weather has been pants again so I am waiting for some sunshine to get some good pics of her!

Mara I love the dress, I bet you will look incredible in it!

I had a fast but good workout yesterday, just half an hour on the treadmill but I enjoyed it. I was so tired and didn''t feel like it, but I am glad I pushed myself.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimberly and Mara for your kind words of encouragement. I''d also like to think I''ve gained muscles, he he! Anyway I got a bit demotivated yesterday and ended up drinking 2 full glasses of wine and guess what? This morning, I weighed myself again and I''ve gone down to 113! Crazy, huh?! Actually, I don''t really compare myself with my friends (oh ok, maybe a llittle bit
2.gif
), but I was really wondering how it is that she eats all that she eats and not put on weight. Is it really all genetic? Actually, I have another friend who is Asian, who is fairly tall too and slim too and she really eats HUGE amounts of food all the time, and I really mean a lot a lot of food and she never puts on weight either. It must be genetic. Some people have a higher metabolism that others, I guess. All I need to do is look at some deep-fried stuff and I will put on several pounds!
3.gif

I love the dress, Mara. It is very cute! Can''t wait to see pics of you wearing it!

Monnie, scary things, cicadas! I feel for ya. Once we had a bunch of huge worms in our garden after a rain storm and I almost fainted when i saw them. Just hate bugs and creepy crawling things. Is there anything you can do to get rid of them?

TG and Mara, sounds like the three of you had a great time. That''s so wonderful, getting together with other PS''ers like that and being able to share wonderful food, wine and of course great company.

DJ, I am also a ''shortie", particularly standing next to my DH and his ''giant'' family (all the males are at least 6'' 2" fall and the females at least 6'', even the teenagers
6.gif
). I just say that good things come in small packages! especially if we continue to lose weight!

Rod, WTG abt the pants!

Oh one more thing, the good thing abt losing weight is being able to go out and buy new clothes at smaller sizes. I have no qualm abt not fitting into what I call my "fat clothes", in fact I am looking forward to throwing them out, he he.

Have a good day ahead, everyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m still sick and not doing much else besides keeping up with school and working. The kids take a ton out of me, as I''ve mentioned they require a lot of physical and mental energy, so I''m just glad to be making it through the week subbing every day. Hopefully I''ll be better this weekend and back on the right track in regards to exercise. Food is, as always, the easy part for me. A parent brought in pizza and cake for a student''s birthday and I said "no thank you" to all of it and grabbed some cantelope instead. It''s good to know when my body fails me my mind and mouth will still cooperate.

Sounds like a lovely evening, TG and Mara.

lein, I''m glad the scale went the right direction. Don''t beat yourself up over it...it does funny things to our brains and the goal, overall health and wellbeing, can be derailed by scale disappointment. Keep up the great work.

Have an awesome day all.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kimberly.

Sorry to hear you''re still sick. Hope you get better soon.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!

I don''t have much to report since last time I wrote. I did want to ask you Mara did you get a chance to try the Yogurt Pump when you were in Chapel Hill? Did you like it? It sounds a lot like the Wow Cow. Next time I go, I will ask them to weigh it if they can. That would be helpful to know! Where else did you enjoy eating while you were in the Triangle? I saw your review of Second Empire, just wondering where else you liked.

I am so glad to be tracking my calories in excel. I think it is really helpful. Although, there is more going on with my body than calories in/calories out. A couple years ago I worked with a nutritionist and tracked my cals carefully. I was at 1700 a day average when I came to her, with lots of working out (and I weighed even more then than now, so it was a low amt of cals for someone that size.) since I wasn''t losing weight at that time, we kept dialing down the cals until I got to 1400 a day. still my body hung onto the weight. I worked with her for 2-3 months and finally quit b/c I was starving and not losing weight! But I am hoping things will go better now. For whatever reason my body is out of its rut and I have lost 20 lbs over the past 18 months or so, so it is possible!

I''m planning a good cardio workout today since I took a rest day yesterday. Maybe 30 min running and 30 min on the elliptical or bike.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

I''m thrilled to report that I''m back at my previous low of minus 17.5 lbs! See, all this calorie counting *does* work, LOL. Tonight I plan on going to the gym. Hopefully fate won''t conspire against me in some stupid way again.

And I need to add some extra snack to my plan today because I''m only 1120 cals, which won''t enough, especially with a workout added in.

Gail, CONGRATS on the 20 lbs! That is awesome!

Kimberly, you poor thing! Rest as much as you can, and I hope you feel better soon.

Lien, my husband is six feet tall, and I look pretty short next to him, but I almost married a guy who was 6''4"!

Lorelei, how is Jasimine doing?

TG and Mara, your GTG sounds like fun and good for you for taking a long walk!

Mrs. S and Rod, I love Panera too, but unfortunately there isn''t one close enough to my office to grab a quick lunch. I do wander into Au Bon Pain every now and then though!

Ellen, I will see you tomorrow!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning WWT''ers...breakfast was my typical, I have fallen into a breakfast routine big time with my fage, fiber one, and berries. It''s like the ultimate breakfast with all the ''right things'' and it''s soooo tasty from the berries and the cinnamon etc. Also I find it is way less stressful mentally for me to think about ''what to have for breakfast''...as my days at work have gotten more hectic, I like knowing that I have this breakfast that I can have that gets me absolutely every right nutrient to start my day with and I don''t have to THINK about it. Sure I''d love to mix it up sometimes but I don''t have the mental bandwith right now and also this is low-cal so I don''t worry about eating too many cals for breakfast etc. Totally recommend it. Mentally freeing!

Lunch I am heading out with a friend for some food so I think we will go to Erik''s Deli and get a sandwich and soup...they have all nutritional information online so I just get my usual, love their nine-grain bread. Snacks will be light n''fit yogurt, fresh raspberries, and wow cow of course!

Gail, I posted about all the places we ate in the threads from last week and the week before but basically we liked it all. We ate at Mura, 115 Midtowne, SE, Big Ed''s City Market, Hayes Barton Cafe and Dessertery, and Tyler''s Bar and Grill while there. We loved everything. I never thought I was a biscuit gal, but I realized I''d been having the wrong types of biscuits when I tasted Big Ed''s steaming hotouttatheoven biscuits. Let''s just say I cleaned out the butter dish and ate 3 out of the 4 biscuits that were set on our table. haha. And that wasn''t even part of my actual MEAL. We had great burgers and double chocolate pecan pie at HBCD and loved the ambiance and the sweet tea. We did check out the Yogurt Pump (I posted about it but guess you didn''t see it in my novels!!) but they did not have their low-cal FY that day, they said something happened and the delivery didn''t show. And that was our real only chance to have yogurt, so we didn''t get to go back. But we did go to the coffee place right next to it and had coffee there and played some table checkers which was sooo much fun. We really liked CH big time, and Carrboro as well, I would imagine you have checked out Carrboro if you are familiar with CH. We ate at Tyler''s and checked out the co-op at Carrboro and loved that their market was like a mini Whole Foods. Really we loved NC and the Triangle area overall but it''s 6 hours drive from Greg''s dad which might be just a bit too far for us to travel easily, so we are not sure about moving but everyone was so nice and the food was TASTY (i could easily gain like 10 lbs living there i am sure!!).

Kim, I wish food was always the easy part for me!! I actually can eat quite well when I set my mind to it but usually I need something foodwise to look forward to at some point in the near future or else it''s not easy. I just love tasty foods and desserts...my total downfall! Anyway hope you kick this nasty cold soon.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my dress, I am excited about this weekend for sure, good food, good friends, fun times and pretty dresses. Could you ask for more? hehee. Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results