shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd March till 9th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
No workout today, I slept too late. Wish I had a TiVo. I did rock hard on Guitar Heroes, though. That should count for about a third of a workout! We had some yummy cheese ravs for supper, and I''m already hungry again. For some reason, I''ve been eating eggs and toast as my 2nd supper. My body must need the protein, but I wish it would tell me earlier in the day...

Now I have to decide what kind of cake to make for my FIL. His birthday was this week, and it was suggested that we come over for cake this weekend. And, of course, I should bring the cake. It''s so much easier when people just tell you what they want. I enjoy baking, but I don''t like having to GUESS what they''re gonna want! I really feel like a scrumptious German Chocolate cake, but I don''t think that would be on the top of his list.

Lorelei I read your post and was thinking, "huh, she eats Snickers while working out??" Tee hee. Then I got it!

Marcy I hope you don''t get another migraine, but if you feel one coming on, take aspirin and tylenol together right away. It usually dampens them a bit if you catch it immediately. The Barbie furniture I made was so funny looking. I would actually take measurements of our furniture and divide by six. A figured a six-foot man or a 12" Barbie. SO I had some odd looking creations. I also specialized in making couches that Ken could lay on. So, they were 12" of solid wood, used frequently to club my brother.
11.gif

Kimi Good for you meeting your 5k goal. I can see the connection of accomplishment with your running, but again, if I''m running--it''s only to find a hiding place. My town is very walk/bike friendly. We don''t have paths, but the town is so small and quaint, you can go anywhere. There are 3 parks within 3/4 mile of my house, so there''s always a nice place to take a break when we''re out walking.

Skippy YAY for normal sleeping! (I get it!!) What do you "do" at WW? Oh, in response to your vacation thread, yes I LOVE House. It''s one of my favorite shows, and Hugh Laurie ain''t bad on the eyes!! That guy in the pic really does resemble him alot!! I only have one son, he''s 2. Usually life is a breeze, but recently he was really sick. He''s much better now and back to his ornry self.

Mara usually I despise the many boxes of GS cookies I have to buy (from various friends and family), but this year, NO ONE hit me up to purchase. I have no thin mints, no caramel delights, I miss them so.

LP Yes, we have adjusted to our bed, thanks for asking. DH let me stay in bed today, until 11!! We went to bed around 1am (which is normal for us), but I woke up with a headache around 4 and was up for a while. So, when I got back to sleep, he didn''t wake me. I did have fruit loops all over the living room, but what can you do?!

PW YAY YAY YAY for hot running water!! Good luck with your 5k aspirations, weird...

Steph Have fun with your family. I bet your little guy is going to be SPOILED!! Isn''t the Namaste great? It''s one time of day that I can actually clear my mind. During the commercials, I do more of the warm-up or a few other vinyasas I like. Have you tried Shimmy?

Hello, all WWTers!

Have a great tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are doing great. Thursday evening is our night out for dinner so I had some baked flour chips and salsa with a beef enchilada. It was way filling and I am sure it put me up a few extra hundred calories today.
Kimi, yay for the determination you had to finish your first 5k run. That is awesome. Again, congratulations on your incredible weight loss and you have done an incredible job at keeping it over for so long. You give me great hope.
Skippy, glad to hear you had a normal night’s sleep. Spring time allergies are not fun and they are around the corner for us here too. The week things start to bloom my allergies are so bad I just want to wrap up in a bubble to see if it will help. Sorry to hear you’ve had migraines since you were young. It was not fun and I am sure stress was most of it. My knee didn’t get sore today from the TM last night but I only did normal walking at work. It is hard to know whether it’s just normal arthritis pain or if I agitated it by walking on the TM. I don’t plan on giving up though. Thanks for thinking about me.
Mara, I hope you enjoyed some of your fav dessert tonight. It must be divine.
Ladypirate, yay for getting the kitchen cleaned this morning. I don’t think GS cookies would be safe from me in the freezer – they are tasty frozen too. I am feeling much better, thanks.
Lorelei, glad to hear you are taking it easy for a change. Feel better soon.
PW, I am sure you’re glad to have hot water on demand at home. I took a shower in our camping trailer one time with ice cold water. I screamed like a crazy women every time I had to spray water on myself. Cold showers are not my idea of fun. I am cheering you on for running in a 5K this year.
Appletini, that’s great you had a nice workout today.
Steph, you’ll be busy this weekend but it will be nice to see everyone and have them over to your new house. Have fun. I’m waiting impatiently for that warm weather to show up; so please enjoy your warm weather for me. Thanks for the recipe, my DH will love it.
Monnie, I’m relieved to hear you are doing better this week. Staying busy with volunteer work sounds like a great idea.
Hi Dancingqueen.
Somethingshiny, I am the designated cookie or cheesecake baker so that is usually what people ask me to bring. Thanks for the tip on curbing the severity of migraines. I’ll pick up some Tylenol. LOL at using the couch to club your brother.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin as it''s late and I''m kind of beat. We had a nice day. It was overcast most of the day then started raining later in the afternoon, but we still managed to enjoy our coffee under the oak before heading to the gym. We made tuna salad for lunch, like I said we would and we enjoyed it a lot. I stopped at the the little family owned grocery and got homemade chicken vegetable soup for dinner and then we watched AI with a bowl of popcorn. I was just craving popcorn so I had to make some. I don''t like microwave stuff, so I still pop real kernels of corn in real oil in a pan. So So good! I had a tough time dragging my butt to the gym this afternoon. After sleeping so well the night before, I didn''t sleep well last night, but I still went and since tomorrow''s a day of rest, I pushed even harder and completed a grueling 3 hour workout. I''m quite sore tonight as I pushed my arms and chest to near exhaustion. It''s what my trainer said I would need to do more often if I want to get to the next level. Absolutely nothing, zip, nadda on the job front today. I guess when the money runs out, I''ll be desparate, but for now, I''m just going to have faith that something will happen when the time is right. Tomorrow night is our regular Sushi night and our next door neighbor is joining us. She''s the most wonderful lady (in fabulous health and shape and she works out too).

Kimberly, it was really nice of you to eat the donut your student brought in. I''m glad teaching is going well.

Thanks LP, we do have it nice with being able to enjoy our terrace and sit under the oak pretty much year round!!

Yay for hot water when you want hot water PW!!

It sounds like you got your money''s worth on the PT session Apple. They should always be tough!

Wow, on having both set''s of parents visiting at the same time in your new home Steph. Sounds like your weekend is going to be interesting. I hope in a fun way!

I''m glad you''re in a better state Monnie. These are tough times and I''ve just come to realize that I have good days and sometimes bad ones. At least working out helps my mental attitude a lot. Good for you doing some volunteer work. That can be a great way to network you know!

Hey Skippy!! I''m glad you slept normal hours again. Resetting the clock from an international trip can be a long process.

I''m glad you enjoyed dinner out Marcy.

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that''s wonderful you had an intense workout today and will be able to enjoy a day off from the gym tomorrow. Your soup and popcorn both sound great. I agree, popcorn made the old fashioned way is best. I envy you getting to set out on your terrace and under a beautiful oak tree pretty much year round. My DH sat out every day when he was in Arizona and is still talking about it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I typed out a long message the other night then my computer crashed before I got a chance to post, I have worked out the new version of MSN and my computer don''t love each other
7.gif

My netball game was cancelled this week but I did my first PT last night and OMG are my thighs sore (I can''t believe the muscles hurt and here I thought it was all fat :razz:). I also did not realise just how many stairs we have at home and the office :K and how many times I go up and down them. I think I overly pushed myself last night the competitive side of me felt the need to prove to myself that I am capable of not being as unfit as I am. I have signed up for my 12 week program which I will be splitting into and 8 and 4 week program 3 PT sessions a week and 1 group training session (I leave for OS in 8 weeks :)) so now it has me working out every single weeknight of the week which is great :), I am hoping to see positive results :).

Monarch that is fantastic that you resisted the urge to smoke :) It will get easier with time :)

Somethingshiny I usually do cheesecake or sponge cake filled with fresh cream and fruit and then iced always good :) The sponge cakes are nice because they are fairly light.

Kimberly is this your first prac? I loved doing student teaching the kids are generally really good :), I think in someways they like the change :).

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :) I know I will enjoy mine doing not a lot lol :)

On a final note I never knew there was such thing as taco soup
6.gif
out of curiosity I will have to try it :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I think I''ve been a bit overzealous with the eating these past few days. Not too much food, just not the best food choices. It''s reflected in my weight, not terribly, but not great.

Rod, it was so sweet of the kid to bring me the donut, and I wish I had said "no thanks" for the sake of my body, but he was so excited about it.

Deelight, I only have to complete 1 student teaching stint, so this is my first and only. I graduate mid-June. Hooray!

J is congested and not feeling so well. I''m going to make Avgolemono soup for dinner, with a salad, and I think we''ll lay low tonight.

Mara, I''d detox with you, but J and I switch off cooking and I already restrict what we eat pretty heavily, so would feel bad doing so even more.

Have a great day all.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I mainly just snoop around on this thread and never make any real contributions, but I''d be honored if you ladies allow me to be a member of team WWT!

Here''s my story:
I''ve ALWAYS been the tiny girl - I''m 5''2" and petite. A mere 3 years ago - I weighed about 110 pounds soaking wet. My later years in college got the best of me - late nights and bad food - and a few years later, I wake up and realize that I''ve gained nearly 30 pounds, and I''m thoroughly unhappy with my body.

Well, I got engaged about a year ago - to the love of my life. He loved me when I was skinny and loves me when I''m fat! ha! I hate to say that the motivation to get in shape and be HEALTHY has come in part from my upcoming August wedding, but in reality, I know that I want this to be a life altering change. I need and want to feel good about myself - permanently.

Around the middle of January, my FI and I decided that we were past the days of being unfit and un-active. We''ve made a serious vow to change our lifestyle and do it together. Since that very day, FI has lost a whopping 17 pounds and I am proud to say that I am down TWELVE pounds. We exercise every day of the week - once we got into this habit, I started to look forward to our daily 3 mile walks or cardio at the gym. It''s exciting to know that this change isn''t just a brief "gotta look my best for the wedding" fad.

I honestly this that soft drinks were my downfall - I haven''t had a single drop of soda for over 1 month, and I truly believe that this is a huge part of making me feel better and more healthy! I started eating more protein and smaller portions throughout the day - I keep a box of wheat thins at my desk at work for when I start getting the "vending-machine-craving" - I pop about 5 or 6 crackers, and I''m good to go!

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to introduce myself to this thread - I never knew how much motivation I had to change my lifestyle! I look forward to being an active member of this thread and sharing the ups and downs of our journeys to a healthier way of life!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to team WWT Cleo!
35.gif

Congrats on your weight loss and the positive attitude you have towards your new healthy lifestyle! Like you, I wanted to be able to lose the weight and keep it off, as I was so sick of yo yo dieting, and it really has changed my life for the better.

We look forward to having you here!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning friends! Just got back from a nice 45 minute elliptical workout. Adam is going in later today, so it was nice to work out at a normal time this morning. Came home and made myself an egg white omelet with 2% cheese, turkey bacon and red pepper flakes, yum. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Just preparing for all the grandparents...should be fun, but stressful at the same time.

Monnie, good for you for avoiding smoking...I am really proud of you!

SS, I haven''t tried Shimmy. I just found fittv the other day, so I started tivoing yoga. What is Shimmy? I''ll have to check it out.

Marcy, good...I''m glad your DH will love the soup recipe..it is a big hit around my house.

Rod, your homemade popcorn sounds delish...I had some (microwavable 100 cal pack) while watching AI last night too.

Deelight, good for you on the PT session, I''m sure you''ll see some great results soon!

Kimi, don''t be too hard on yourself...I''m sure you''ll get back on track eating wise soon.

Hi, Cleopatra! Good for you for your weight loss! Glad you decided to join us!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Patiently_Waiting, your water heater woes have left you and come to visit us!!! We had a new water heater installed yesterday (just in time, too--the old one was from 1981 and was starting to leak.
6.gif
) Anyhow, when we got back, we opened the closet to check on the new one and there was water all over the floor. There''s a valve up at the top leaking, so we gerryrigged a hose to it for the night to at least keep the water going outside.

In other news, Kris and I went and tried the new cheese shop in town last night--so fun! We got a bottle of wine and a little bit of 4 different cheeses, after trying about 15! They were so friendly--they wanted you to try as many cheeses as you wanted and didn''t mind that we only bought a little. Yay! Since cheese is my favorite food, I was in heaven.

Steph, good luck with the inlaws & parents--it sounds like the two families get along, which is really nice. I love sour cream in soup, although we usually sub it out for greek yogurt. Yum!

Kimberly, I''m so impressed you lost that much weight! I hope your student teaching continues to go well.

Monarch, volunteering sounds like a great idea! I''m glad you''re in a better place than you were the other day.

SomethingShiny, guitar hero is so much fun! I really want to try out rock band. I can''t believe you and your DH go to bed so late--last night we had to stay up until past 11 and we were totally wiped. Good luck on choosing a cake--I baked a lemon pound cake for a party a week ago or so and it was a big hit. If you like, I''ll pass on the recipe.

Marcy, your dinner out sounds yummy!

Rod, real popcorn is always the best. Microwave stuff always makes the kitchen smell like fake butter--I hate that.

DeeLight, are you in the UK? I haven''t heard of anyone playing netball in the states.

Cleopatra, congratulations on the upcoming wedding. One thing that might help in addition to cutting out soda is cutting out high fructose corn syrup in general. My bf lost 50 pounds just by cutting out that one thing. It''s hard because it''s in almost everything (most notably soda), but it''s worth it! Welcome!
35.gif

OK, I''m off to work. Have a great Friday!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LadyPirate!!! You are soooo pretty; I am guessing that is you in your avatar! Super cute picture! Good for your man!!!

Steph, good for you doing the elliptical!!! Hey, maybe if you don't mind you can post a pic of your current kitchen in your thread; I love thinking up kitchen ideas. hehe For some reason I just can't do it for my kitchen. Oh no for both sets of parents but I am sure it will be fun once they get there; have fun!!!

Welcome Cleo and good for you cutting out sodas!!!

Kimi, good for you keeping the weight off so long! What a darling little boy to bring you a donut! You always do fine so I am sure you will get back on track.

Deelight, great for you being sore and doing well at your 1st pt!!!

Rod, sleep makes a big difference in our days. I hope you sleep better. I LOVE popcorn, something about it is so yummy and fun!!!!

Marcy, glad the knee is improving; your dinner sounds yummy! You are doing so awesome!!!

Mara, I guess I was wishing for hubby to leave town soon so my wish comes true in a couple of weeks; I will miss him but it will be fun to have a few days to myself. hehe Your dinner sounded good!

Patiently Waiting, glad you have hot water again!!!! Hope kickboxing rocked!!

Apple, good for your workout!

Monnie, pop in more often, we miss ya!!! Good for you volunteering plus it looks good on a resume
1.gif

SS, I love House too and when I was out of town I missed the season finale, boo whoo. At WW we weigh in talk about getting more veggies, protein, dairy, tips, keep journals of what we eat, listening to inspiring weight loss and supporting each other but it is fun to see people melt away right before your eyes. It is inspiring to see these people get smaller and get support in person; I love this thread but it is an added bonus for me and helps keep me inline.
1.gif
Ahhhh, how cute! My sister has a 2 year old; when did your son turn 2?? How cute!!!!!!

Okay, my allergies are a little nutty but I can't take any medicines because my doctor wants to retest my allergies w/a scratch test. I met w/him on Monday of this week and he said that I could either quit shots or get retested. I have been getting shots for 13 years but I do notice a difference but my allergies may have changed. I don't look forward to this; I am not going to do too much cardio this weekend but go to muscle hour tomorrow. A friend is coming over for a barbecue tomorrow so that will be fun. I might just make pizza for dinner tonight; that always makes hubby happy
9.gif
Have a great Friday and begin to the weekend all
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi WWT friends! I have not been around PS much at all lately, but pop in to read the WWT whenever I need some good motivation, and more or less keeping up with you guys! I just wanted to say hello and I hope you all are well. Best of luck with the continued job hunt Monnie and Rod. Glad you did not smoke Monnie... I know these are stressful times. I am confident that you and Mr Monnie, as well as Rod and Charlie, will come out of this ahead. Welcome back from your travels Skippy and KimberlyH. Steph congrats on the new house and enjoy the new gym! Apple your training sessions sound great. Mara glad you are feeling better. Hope your dessert was great. Lorelei thanks for the great openers week after week - glad your weight training is going well! DeeJay sorry you have been so busy but glad work is going so well! Marcy glad you are making even more progress, you are truly an inspiration! Welcome to all the new folks - glad to see some more people on the thread - welcome RoseRed, LadyPirate, deelight, Julianna... I know I am missing people. I hope everyone who has been under the weather makes a quick recovery. We've had the flu in my household
7.gif

I've been hitting the gym hard as always, and really seeing some increased muscle definition. I've been doing more with free weights and really enjoying it! I especially like the bench press - who knew?

Keep up the great work everyone!

I'll pop back in eventually - things are good, I've just been busy and spending more time with DH and friends and less computer time, but it is nice to say hello to my WWT friends!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a fly-by post

Deelight and LP, could I please have the recipes you mentioned??

TIA!

Will post more later, have a great day all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quck checkin..........

It''s really warm today, but overcast. I think it''s about 85 outside, but a cold front is supposed to breeze through tonight and tomorrow should be in the low 60''s.......Brrrrrrrrr. Nothing much going on. We went to the mall and got some Bday cards for family and did our usual GNC stockup of supplements, then sat under the oak and shared a scone with a cup of coffee. Tonght we''re having dinner with our next door neighbor, which will be lot''s of fun. Nothing from the company who promised an answer of some sort today. My hopes for something positive are greatly diminished and I''m not going to contact them further. I can''t believe they can''t show the professional courtesy to at least give an answer, but such is life. I just have to believe something even better is just around the corner. I just wish I had a clue what it was...........
33.gif

Yay for 45 minutes on the elliptical Steph. Have fun with both sets of parents this weekend!

If your thighs are sore Deelight, it means you accomplished something, so good for you!!

Welcome Cleopatra!! Good for you and FI for working out and losing weight!!

Sorry for your water heater woes LP. Sounds like the cheese shop was fun though!!

I''ll check in later. Hope you''re having a terrific Friday!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Whew, just a quick check in while my cake is in the oven. Both parents said not to go to any trouble, and it really started off that way as for lunch tomorrow I ordered a deli tray from publix with different deli meats and cheeses, then picked up rolls and croissants for people to make sandwiches. Then I picked up a fruit tray, a veggie tray, and came home and made my spinach artichoke dip, pasta salad, and I''m making my famous pina colada cake for dessert. I guess I did go a little overboard, but I always seem to do that with company. Oh well, the rest of the weekend we will cookout or go out to eat, so it won''t be too stressful. Hope everyone''s having a good day!

LP, I will have to try the soup with greek yogurt, never thought about doing that.

Skippy, I hear you on the allergies. I didn''t have problems in South Florida, but when I moved 3 hours north, mine started acting up! Good luck with your tests. Have fun at the barbecue!

Hi, Tandog...good to hear from you! Glad to hear you have been keeping up your gym routine and are seeing good results!

Hi, SS!

Rod, Have fun tonight with your neighbor!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening all! Well, last night''s kickboxing was awesome - she really worked us HARD, which I needed. Tonight, I did 45 on the elliptical. I''m off to shower and eat dinner, but wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing...

Steph – Yeah for 45 minute elliptical workouts! Sounds like things are going well with the new house – enjoy the company this weekend!
Ladypirate – Oh no!! I’m so sorry to hear about your water heater woes! Hopefully you will get your new one up and running properly in no time. BTW – love the new avatar – so cute!!
Skippy – Kickboxing was amazing last night – she really made up for missing class last week and worked us hard, but it felt so good, and I needed it! Have fun with muscle hour, and good luck with allergy testing.
Kim – Congrats on the first day of teaching in front of the master teacher!!
Somethingshiny – I’m sure you worked some calories off with that Guitar Hero
emwink.gif
I often find myself eating eggs as well, but as my first dinner. Thanks for the wishes on the 5k. A good friend of mine runs marathons and I felt inspired to do something, but on a much smaller scale. I think 5k is much more manageable for me
emteeth.gif

Marcy – I know what you mean about the cold camping shower – I’ve taken one of those before *brrr!!* Thanks for the 5k cheers – I’ll need ‘em! Your dinner sounds yummy! I’m having eggs for dinner tonight, so not all that tasty or snazzy, but it works.
Rod – Great job on the 3 hour workout! And do your best to send a little sunshine up to PA if you can. We’re getting pounded with rain this weekend – no fun
emsad.gif

Welcome Cleopatra, and hello WWTers! Have a great weekend!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am still sore today it is a pain to sit and move out of chairs but thats okay.

Kimberly WOW you only have to do one prac
6.gif
we have to do 3 x 6 week block + 12 in school visits and 4 weeks of our own sourced volunteer work here congrats on the upcommming graduation though :) thats fantastic :).

Welcome Cleopatra :) it is so true that little changes can make a huge difference and congrats on the weightloss so far :D thats fantastic :D

Steph good luck preparing :) that omelette sounds yummy I think I will have to try it though I have never heard of turkey bacon sounds cool though :)

Ladypirate you look so cute in that picture :) Nope I am in Australia we play netball here as well I usually play defense but I sometimes mix it up with attack it helps to get your body moving in really different ways.

Ohhh I love cheese tasting YUMM what a fantastic way to spend a night I have to agree cheese is just the food of gods :)

Skippy thats horrid about the allergies, hopefully they start subsiding soon, have fun with your BBQ :). WW sounds really good I have known a couple of people who have done it I like the idea of the support system as well.

Tandogmon :) Hopefully things ease up for you soon and you can spend more time around PS :).

Somethingshiny I usually cheat with the sponge cake I go to the supermarket and buy a split unfilled sponge and whip up some fresh cream and layer one side in the middle with it and the other side with some jam and fill the middle with strawberries :). I probably could make a sponge cake but the ones at the local shop are really really good. I just knock up some icing using icing sugar and a little water or milk and some quik strawberry milk flavouring. But I found a couple of recipes for you if you want to try and make it :) Filled Sponge Cake and Passionfruit Sponge Cake

For the cheesecake this one is really similar to the one I make :) except I don''t add chocolate, I use plain biscuits and I also layer fruit through the cheesecake as well as on top White chocolate strawberry cheesecake

PW Kickboxing is awesome :) they have classes at my PT but they are a little advanced for my current lack of fitness :razz:. Sounds like you did a pretty fantastic workout :).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:29:59 PM
Author: Deelight

Kimberly WOW you only have to do one prac
6.gif
we have to do 3 x 6 week block + 12 in school visits and 4 weeks of our own sourced volunteer work here congrats on the upcommming graduation though :) thats fantastic :).
Hi Deelight,

I am required to do 100 hours of observation, sourced on my own, with one 12 week student teaching stint along with all of the coursework (I took 1.5 years of classes before beginning student teaching and I have to take two classes that bookend my student teaching experience). Most schools in my area require 2 student teaching stints for a total of 15 weeks + 40 hours of observation and about 2 years of coursework.

Today was great. I had a really good, long conversation w/ my master teacher, came home and made soup and now I''m getting sleepy. Poor John is congested and not feeling well. I think we''re both ready to relax in front of the TV.

Exercise tomorrow, for sure. And lots of papers to correct. Have a great Friday night all.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Hi, can I join in? I started on Nutrisystem today and would like to use this thread as well as Sparkpeople to keep myself honest. Anyone else ever tried it, or something similar? I have a big problem with portion control, and since I''ve gained almost 10 lbs (ugh) since getting married last July, I REALLY need to make some changes. I don''t have the self-discipline yet, so I thought I''d kick start it in a couple of ways. I''m also adding in more exercise of course. I was going to the gym regularly last year, and even had a personal trainer for a couple of months, but that fell by the wayside after the wedding. So now I''m starting with walking every other day for 1/2 hour or more, in my very hilly neighborhood. I''m so happy it''s staying lighter now!

My big box o'' prepackaged food arrived yesterday, so today was the first day, and I had an apple strudel for breakfast, three cheese pasta with chicken for lunch, a big salad with low-fat orange sesame dressing, and chili for dinner. Surprisingly it was all reasonably edible, though not gourmet by any means. In addition to the prepared stuff, they give you guidelines on the additional servings of veggies, fruit, protein, etc. We''ll see how it goes. Anyway, we''ll see how it goes!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:37:22 PM
Author: Selkie
35.gif
Hi, can I join in? I started on Nutrisystem today and would like to use this thread as well as Sparkpeople to keep myself honest.

Anyone else ever tried it, or something similar?
Hi Selkie and welcome! Of course you can join in; we''re happy to have you.

My dad went on Jenny Craig years ago, and it worked really well while he was on the program but he really struggled with transitioning back to eating "normal" food that didn''t get packaged for him, presented to him, etc. I know it works for a lot of people, and I hope it does for you, just be sure you are thinking long term success, and how you''re going to maintain your success (which I''m certain you will have) in the long term. Sparkpeople is a great way to do this, good for you for being proactive.

Marcy, you are so sweet, thanks for the congrats. You''ve far surpassed me in the weight loss realm and should hold your head up high!
Cleo, welcome, and I hope you find some inspiration here, I certainly do! It sounds like you are doing amazingly well already!
Ladypirate, you''re so sweet. I tend to be a bit self-critical, so I don''t think of my success so much as "how did I allow myself to get so out of control with food!!!??" Thanks for the compliment, it was definitely worth every skipped piece of junk food to feel and look the way I do now.

Sorry for the additional post, I just realized I''d missed a bung o''stuff and it was too late to edit.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Selkie,

My daughter did Nutrisystem 8 years ago and lost 52 pounds. This was after her first boy was born. She did so well, they featured her in one of their commercials. We traveled to New York to do the commercial. It was so much fun. I know you will do well on it.

I did Jenny Craig and did really well on it. I still purchases their breakfasts and lunches. I really like them. They are easy to pop in the microwave for me. Sometimes I purchase their dinners, but a lot of times, I just purchase Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers. I wish either one would make a breakfast item. I know WW makes a muffin, but I got so sick of those. HA!!!

Hi Everyone
35.gif

Linda

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Linda, that''s fantastic about your daughter! I know they always say "Results not typical" in the small print at the bottom of the ads, but it''s nice to hear firsthand about a success story.

Kim, I''m definitely keeping the long term in mind. I don''t want to start yo-yoing and destroy my metabolism!

Thanks for the welcome!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is going to be a long post. I feel I need to respond to almost everyone! (secretly, I love it.)

No yoga again today. And, I won''t be able to do it tomorrow. I really need to find this series on DVD or something. I hung out at my mom''s most of the afternoon and evening. I took over spaghetti fixins so we had that. Completely forgot the salad so everyone carb loaded. Oh well.

Going to an auction tomorrow. I''m really excited. It''s a little auction that goes on every month or so and they end up with some REALLY nice jewelry. Sometimes there are guys with loupes from the city, but usually no one knows anything about jewelry so you can end up with some NICE deals. I need to figure out quick and inconspicuous ways to get an idea on the value of some items. I know I can be fooled, so I need to have a method. My method thus far, is "it''s pretty, I''ll buy it if it''s cheap". But, I''d like to get some more GOOD pieces.

POTTY TRAINING has begun! We have 2 potties, one upstairs and one downstairs. We''ve had them for a few months and occasionally JT will ask to sit on one. Today at my mom''s, he looked like he was about to go in his diaper. I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty and he said no. 2 minutes later, he tugged on my shirt and said "potty mama". I took him into the big potty and he went! We had a potty party with little cupcakes. (my sis and her 1 yr old were at my mom''s too) On the way home, he said "potty" again. I told him we''d be home in a little bit and he could go on the potty. He held it until we got home! He wasn''t quite finished when he got off, so I had pee on the floor. But, he went again on the potty before bed! He has Cars underwear and pull-ups. I put him in a pull-up for bed, hopefully it''ll be dry in the morning. We made a sticker chart to hang over the potty, and he gets a sticker everytime he goes. I realize that today may have been a fluke, but, I do have my hopes high!

Marcy Your Thursday dinner sounds great! I love Mexican food.

Rod I don''t think I''ve ever heard(read) you say (type) that it''s been rainy where you are. I tried to make some tuna salad myself yesterday. I wasn''t paying enough attention and dropped a TON of mayo in. I had to pitch it. Wow to a 3 hr workout, UBER DUDE! My dad still makes popcorn the old way, too. Although he burns it most of the time. That burnt smell takes forever to go away. I prefer mine microwaved. My FIL actually takes a bucket to the theatre and they fill it for 2 dollars. It''s one of those tins so he gets it filled once a week and has movie popcorn at home.

Deelight Yay for the first PT! BTW-great tip on semi-homemade dessert. I always think of that stuff AFTER I''ve gone to the event. Fresh cream and fruit sounds really great for summertime desserts. I bet it''d be great on a pre-made angel food cake, too.

Welcome, Cleopatra Great start with 12 pounds shed!! I use the Wheat Thin method, too!

Steph Shimmy is a belly dancing program. They show you each move individually, then you speed them up and put them together during each program. At the end of the program, you can do a short dance. It''s just kind of silly and fun, but I really feel it in my sides after I''ve done it. Have lots of fun with the fam!

LP Your cheese-fest sounds fantastic! We just got a Wii and Guitar Heroes a few days ago for DH''s b-day. I''m not a gamer (except old-fashioned Tetris), so DH was quite surprised when I picked up on GH before he did. I''ve played it a handful of times and I''m at the end of the Medium songs. I don''t think I can play the Hard because I can''t reach the 5th key, but it''s really fun. DH works 2nd shift, so our entire schedule is way off of "normal." BTW- cute avatar, lady!!

Skippy OH, the sadness of missing the House finale!! I watched it a second time when they played it in the middle of the night later that week. I had always wondered what went on at WW. I had a couple of friends who were on it, but they never attended the meetings, maybe that''s why they fall off the wagon. JT turned 2 on Feb 21. He is so funny! Good luck with your allergy update!

PW Great job on your workouts! Tonight, my mom asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her in 2 months. "what the hell are you talking about?!?!" was my reply. Neither one of us run so I have no idea where she got such a notion.

Selkie, Welcome! From what I understand, Nutrisystem not only provides the portion control, but also mix food in the most healthful ways to absorb the nutrients. Good Luck!

Hi, Kimi, Lorelei, and TDM!

Have a great weekend, all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Yippee for the weekend finally getting here. We went to the mall tonight. DH bought some pants and a new golf club (a driver). I bought sweats on sale for $8 (both the top and bottom). Tomorrow we are both going to meet friends for lunch then meet back at home and head off to Colorado. We are going to the outlet mall then will meet 2 other couples for supper at the Melting Pot. I can’t eat much there (allergy wise) so I will make sure and eat a good lunch. The MP is so darned expensive though I want to get something for my money hopefully it won''t be the chocolate fondue.
11.gif

Dee, yay for signing up for a 12 week workout program. That’s going to be awesome for you.
Kimi, sorry to hear J is getting sick now. I hope he gets better soon. You are so right skipping junk food is well work the change in our bodies and our lives. Thank you for the nice compliment.
Cleo, congratulations to you and your FI for making such marvelous progress already. Welcome to this thread; I look forward to hearing more from you.
Steph, have fun with all of your company. That’s great you had time for a nice workout this morning. You really put out a feast for lunch. I am sure everyone loved it.
Ladypirate, I like your new picture. Rats for having problems with the new water heater. Cheese and wine are a wonderful supper.
Skippy, sorry to hear you have to do the scratch tests. I should go do that too and start getting shots again. It’s always so hard for me to go get shots so I just don’t. My knee is still just usually achy today so I am excited to see that. Your pizza sounds yummy.
TanDogMom, good to hear from you. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Thanks for the kind words about me.
Hi Somethingshiny. Have fun at the auction tomorrow and I hope you find some great bling.
Rod, rats for not hearing anything today about the job. Stay warm with that 60 degree weather moving in.
PW, yay for a great workout last night and tonight. I often tell people that have not lived until they’ve taken a shower in ice cold water and it sounds like you can understand what I mean. Brrr is right.
Welcome Selkie, good luck with the NS food and yay for going on walks in the neighborhood. I am looking forward to going on walks when we get decent weather.
Hi Linda. I tried some of the WW muffins but didn’t like them very well. I just recently started buying muffin mixes and dividing them up in to smaller sizes to get them to the desired calorie count. I am enjoying them as a mid-morning snack. How cool about your daughter being in a commercial.

Have a great weekend my WWT friends.
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello sweet Marcy,

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend in Colorado. Great idea what you do with muffin mix. I will have to try that too. The WW muffins weren''t too bad, I put them in the microwave and heated them up first. The blueberry ones were the best.

We need some new pictures of you!!!!!!

Hi everyone
35.gif

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! I met some GF for lunch and ate WAY too much. I had a Bellini - champagne and strawberries blended, some salad, a bread stick, some bread / cheese appetizer, some spaghetti and meatballs and dessert which I could not finish. I don't see how I can eat another bite today. Aak. At least I won't worry about being hungry tonight at the fondue restaurant. DH is still running errands with a friend so we will head south when he gets home. I might be looking for a reward for minus 150 pounds - I'm not there yet but I can sure have them gift wrap it if I find something. There is a ideal cut solitaire pendant in a WG tear drop I've been eyeballing so I might just have to try it on.

Hi Linda, I love muffins and just got a mix for blueberry muffins that have only 130 calories if you get 11 out of the mix so if I make about 14 or 15 that will put them near my 100 cal mid morning snack range. I was so sad to see how fattening the huge muffins you get at restaurants are - I'm glad to be able to enjoy little ones now and then. Funny you should mention a new picture; I just took one yesterday for a couple of reasons - I was wearing my size 10 jeans for the first time and I am finally getting in to the time when I started taking pictures of my progress a year ago. The picture below has me in May of 2006 about 3 months before I decided to change my life where I weighed at least 320 pounds, the middle picture was March of 2007 when I had lost about 80 pounds and the last picture was yesterday when I was minus 148. (That was before lunch today ha ha).

Have a great Saturday. Laters,
Marcy

ETA - Note how thrilled I look in the middle picture. Tee hee.

Mar0708.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok so this is the third time i've tried to post here in the last 2 days! yest i had this huge post all composed, but then got on a call and my computer crashed. DOH. so this morning while eating breakkie i was going to post but then had to go to zumba after i got distracted uploading pictures to our new digi picture frame, then went off and greg used the computer and i think it did auto update so it rebooted. ARGH!

so here i am...third time is a charm and i'm not going to get distracted or leave til this is posted. happy sat all!!!

just a regular update for me. i had a lot more cool stuff to say yesterday but now i don't remember what it was!! yest was a pretty good day. i am thinking i should detox but i am thinking more like i'll just cut back on portions slightly and eat a few less sweets. i'm back into the workout swing of things, ran 2.5 miles on thurs evening before a work dinner; then did 40 min on elliptical yesterday along with shoulders/back and a lot of painful abs. my body definitely REMEMBERS this stuff but it's not making it super easy for me to get back into it...everything hurts hurts hurts when i do it again...and doing my run/walk was a study in heavy breathing. but i'm doing it and getting back into it so i figure within another two weeks or so i'll be back to where i was before. this morning i did zumba and some gardening. last nite we had sushi for dinner, yummy!!! oh and my friend and i walked to lunch yesterday 1/2 mile each way. i am going to try to get back into walking an extra mile a day at work or during lunch or whatever now that the weather is so nice, figure we'll take advantage of it while we can...we're probably due for rain in another week or two.

and even though i feel like a sow because i gained 3 lbs while off for those few weeks (didn't change eating but wasn't working out...doh)...my boss told me that the other night at dinner my coworker/good friend was telling our european visitors that she was always amazed at how much i could eat and how skinny i stayed. it was funny because i was like awww that's so sweet (but she thinks i eat alot!!!) ... and she said her hubby thinks i have a tapeworm which made me laugh so hard. but yeah i guess it was nice to hear that she thinks i look good even though i feel like not so fab right now thanks to the 3 weeks off and 3 lbs. but it's definitely motivation to stay fit.

this afternoon/evening we're planning on taking a drive somewhere, probably carmel and will walk around and get dinner over there for something fun/diff. i think we're going to go out for breakkie tomorrow and have some yummy unhealthy pancakes...and i was thinking of celebrating spring forward tomorrow with a little mini bbq for us and maybe our neighbors. the first of 2008! so we'll see. it's beautiful here lately, still in 70's so i'm glad for it for now...though it should be raining in another week or two.

it seems like everyone is plugging right along. i actually had responses to most of what people were writing in my post yesterday, total bummer that i lost it. but sounds like people are doing GOOD and GREAT which is wonderful...hope everyone is out enjoying the wkd....!!! that's it for now as i feel ADD coming on and i better hit submit before i wander away and lose this post too. happy sat all.

ETA...omg marcy that last picture is just amazing!! we are all so proud of you (did you submit yourself to people yet?!?!)...you look so svelte in the latest photo. congrats lady.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all having a lovely Saturday. I am still feeling under the weather (coughing, sore throat, stuffy head), J commented that I''m just not myself today. I did some work for my master teacher this morning, then took a nap. We''re going to the movies later, then out to dinner at an Italian place in La Jolla. I have no energy, and failed to workout. Perhaps tomorrow will find me feeling better and more energetic.

MARCY! OH MY GOSH!! That is just amazing. Wow, wow, wow, and wow!
Mara, I''m sure those few lbs. will come off quickly.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I love seeing your pictures! Don''t worry about your lunch; we can''t be monks all the time.

Kimberly, I''m so sorry you''re still sick! Could it be a bacterial infection? I had a series of those that put me down for the count for 5 weeks.

I ran my fastest five miles on Thursday (46.5 min), but it really wore me out. I was breathing hard but not quite gasping the whole way. The 10k I''m running is in a month, so I need to add that extra mile at some point, but it may not be tomorrow. I did a Firm video this morning but could tell my calves were still fatigued.

Well, DH and resurrected a weekend tradition and had lunch at the French brasserie we like to go to. The reason we haven''t been doing it as much is because he''s been riding more on the weekends and we''ve been trying a few other places, but I''m always up for a yummy duck crepe and frites (and wine).

Have a good night, all!

Hi, can I join you guys? I recently started working out and eating healthier in an attempt to lose the forty (ugh! I wish that was a typo!) pounds I gained in the last year and a half. I actually hadn''t weighed myself in a while, and what a shock it was to see the last # registered (117) and the current number two weeks ago (159). I''m short so at 117 was a size six and happy with my weight.

I''ve been eating around 1250-1500 calories a day and using an elliptical machine 6 times a week. I work a lot of hours, so going to the gym to use other machines isn''t an option. I''ve tried a low-carb diet in the past but gained weight on it somehow (only I could do that!) so I am just counting calories and trying to keep fat/sweets relatively low. This sounds great in theory but I have only lost two pounds in two weeks, so I am really feeling frustrated and not sure what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas? I feel sort of hopeless about losing all this weight.

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction - I hope to follow along here to help when my motivation is low (and it is wonderful to read about how successful y''all are - those pictures are awesome, marcy!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results