shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd March till 9th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, Wyoming is beautiful in spots and pretty desolate in others. I love it here though.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been posting, but I have been following along with these threads for the past few weeks. Last Tuesday I finally took the step forward and joined Weight Watchers. It was really hard to take the steps to join, but once I did I fell right back into counting points as if I had never stopped. I was shocked to discover just how much food I had been eating. I sit at a desk all day long and I was eating out of boredom, just to give myself something to do. I''m still snacking a lot, but I''ve replaced those snacks with much healthier options - apple slices, cottage cheese, carrots, etc. My first week ends tomorrow, so I''ll be getting on the scale during lunch. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for a loss.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:39:13 AM
Author: EricaR
I haven't been posting, but I have been following along with these threads for the past few weeks. Last Tuesday I finally took the step forward and joined Weight Watchers. It was really hard to take the steps to join, but once I did I fell right back into counting points as if I had never stopped. I was shocked to discover just how much food I had been eating. I sit at a desk all day long and I was eating out of boredom, just to give myself something to do. I'm still snacking a lot, but I've replaced those snacks with much healthier options - apple slices, cottage cheese, carrots, etc. My first week ends tomorrow, so I'll be getting on the scale during lunch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a loss.
I have been known to eat out of boredom or wondering what things taste like (even though I know).
40.gif
Good for you EricaR couting points or doing what works for you and good to see you on the WWT!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, glad you are better and glad you had a grrreat workout! hehe

Linda, good for you getting a nice long walk in!!!

Rod, your day sounded wonderful! Better watch out or you might have many of us wanting a tour of those fab beaches. hehe Thanks! I didn't know Vendome was so old; it now is one of the Most or the Most expensive shopping areas! I saw Dior, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Buccellati, Bugari, Chanel, Fred's, Chopard, just to name a few. It was amazing!!! Dang about the job, hang in there sweetie.

Maisie, great for your weight loss!

Somethingshiny, I love your recycle project! I didn't know you were a blonde, you have lovely hair!!

Hello Julianna and Lorelei!!!!

Kimi, glad student teaching is great!!! I bet the kids are excited to have you as a teacher!!

Marcy, gosh, your poor hubby; glad you both are safe! I remember one time we flew to Hawaii in April and we came back through Denver and our flight was delayed 1 hr because they had lots of snow!!

Well, I meet some friends for lunch today so that will be nice (they are girls from the accounting firm I use to work for). I am a little bummed because I can't eat sensible now that I am back (or at least having a hard time); it is always hard for me on vacation because I feel I open the flood gates and it is very hard to shut them!!!!!
38.gif
Does that happen to you after a long trip?
33.gif
I need to really get back on track and start writing down what I eat again so I am more aware. Tonight is muscle hour and I am looking forward to seeing my gym friends and getting a good workout in! Hope everyone has a great day!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! I am about to do a yoga video in a few minutes to try to change things up a bit. I am also going to walk andrew up to the park in our neighborhood in a little while (haven''t done the calculations as to how far it is, but thinking maybe a mile). Then tonight I plan to go to the clubhouse after dinner to do the elliptical again. Just this week since starting my healthy eating and exercising, I have dropped the 4 pounds I gained while we were going through our move, so that is good news that my body is getting back to normal.

Lorelei, great opener this week. I have so gone through the crash diets too. In high school, some of my friends would skip breakfast and lunch and only eat dinner to stay skinny. If I ever did that, I would feel like I would pass out (later I found out I had blood sugar issues), but I would get obsessive about what I ate....then in college, my roommates would always be on diets and I would go on and off of low carb diets and became obsessive about working out (doing 2+ hours daily at the gym) and when I got in the real world, I just couldn''t keep up that pace so I gained weight. Now I feel so much better just living a healthy lifestyle and I know that if I have a treat here and there, it is okay. It is such a good thing to know that it isn''t about perfection, but about being consistant.

Rod, thank you so much for checking out the yogurt place for me, you are too sweet! If I ever need to go over that way, I will most def. stop by! Maybe it will catch on a little more over this way and they will start opening up more places. I am really crossing my fingers that you will hear something about the job today. Maybe they were still making the decision yesterday and will be contacting you today? Anyway, you are in my thoughts for sure!

Skippy, hope you your sleep gets back on track!

Maisie, I am going to try to drink more water too. I have a really hard time drinking just plain water, so I buy some of those Propell flavor packets and add a little in to bottled water, so it helps a lot.

Kimi, I''m glad the student teaching went well...how exciting!

Julianna, I think that is something we all have to learn...we didn''t put on the weight overnight, so we can''t expect to lose it overnight either.

Hi, Appletini, Linda,and SS

Mara, yea for being back on your routine and seeing your trainer...hope it went well and you still feel okay!

Marcy, Oh no about your hubby being stuck in the airport...that is miserable!

Erica, yea for joinging WW. I sometimes eat our of boredom too and I really have to watch that. Good luck on your weigh-in!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei fantastic opening :). I have lurked on this thread a couple of times before and looks like a good way to motivate oneself to be active :).

I really must make this first post on the WWT short as it is past my bedtime :) eek

I thought I would start posting here I have decided to take the first few proper big steps to rebuilding the new me :). I have really become lazy these past few years and have decided now is no better time then to start :), I have my braces on and am fixing my teeth so I want my body to follow.

Tomorrow I have my first netball game of the season and on Thursday a personal training session I have decided to do a 12 week challenge which involves 3 PT sessions a week and group training, knowing me I need to be accountable to another person whether in a team or a trainer to get fit. I am determined to be healthy and live a long and full filing life and if in the meantime I shed a few KG's all the better :).

I am really looking forward to posting on this thread with you all :)

ETA: In the past few weeks I have also cut out all excess salt out of my diet which was one of my major really bad addictions I am sure in the years to come my heart will say thank you :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the WWT Dee, great to have you here - and thanks!
35.gif

BTW I did some upper body last night and I amused Hubby with my groaning and gurning when I was trying to heft the weights, good thing I don't go to a public gym as they would think I was totally barking!
yikes2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning, WWTrs! I am grrrr-ing this morning. Not often do you see Monnie in a bad mood but apparently today is the day. Yeesh, today is the first day in a year I have really woken up and wanted to smoke but I refuse to. Im really getting upset over the job search and DH''s efforts, and that''s all I will say, except that I have not smoked.

Sorry to be a downer for once, but I guess it happens to the best of us. I hate even posting these thoughts...I much prefer doing the positive thing, as you are all well aware of...I''m just getting frustrated with our job searches and need to probably get some fresh air. God what I wouldn''t give for a smoke...someone talk me down!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 9:06:40 AM
Author: monarch64
Morning, WWTrs! I am grrrr-ing this morning. Not often do you see Monnie in a bad mood but apparently today is the day. Yeesh, today is the first day in a year I have really woken up and wanted to smoke but I refuse to. Im really getting upset over the job search and DH's efforts, and that's all I will say, except that I have not smoked.

Sorry to be a downer for once, but I guess it happens to the best of us. I hate even posting these thoughts...I much prefer doing the positive thing, as you are all well aware of...I'm just getting frustrated with our job searches and need to probably get some fresh air. God what I wouldn't give for a smoke...someone talk me down!!!
Monnie YOU DON'T NEED A CIG!!! I know how you feel, last week was so stressful and pants that Hubby kept hinting about lighting up, I had to be strong for both of us and keep saying NO! I am so glad I was able to do that, I know how you feel as sometimes you just think what the heck, but please don't! Promise me you won't! You would feel so bad afterwards and you can totally get through this period without cigs, I KNOW you can!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap, I''m ok...sorry to scare everyone. Going for a walk.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 9:09:02 AM
Author: monarch64
Crap, I''m ok...sorry to scare everyone. Going for a walk.
Monnie I am here, are you ok?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie all your hard work and resistence to smoking is not worth throwing away, even if the frustration you are feeling is valid (and major!). I hope you''re on a long peaceful walk right now and when you come back you''ll feel clear headed and focused. If not, put on a calm, quiet CD and just sit and listen to it, or do some meditation, or exercise more, or pick up an amazing book, anything to keep you distracted and calm.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Everyone,

Do you ever turn on your stove but not notice the pilot didn't light? My kitchen smells like gas now, yuck. I'm making my oatmeal and tea.

As I mentioned we have play tickets for this evening, so I'll come home, change and we'll be out the door. We'll have dinner at the little place attached to the theatre because it's easy. They have veggie burgers, soups, salads, etc.

I'm still sick. I can't stop coughing and my voice is all froggy. I woke up in the middle of the night choking because I'd flipped into a wierd position and I couldn't breath through my mouth or my nose. I had a 15 minute coughing fit then went back to sleep.

Tomorrow I think I'll bring my tennis shoes and workout clothes to school with me then head to the park for a walk immediately after I get off work for a jog/walk. Do not go home, do not collect $200 dollars. That will be a good way to keep me exercise focused during the business of my class and being at the school all day. I'm not going to beat myself up if I only get 3 days of exercise in each week, but that's going to be my minimum goal.

Erica, welcome, and I'm glad WW is working for you.
Deelight, welcome! Your 12 week challenge sounds interesting. What a fun project to take on!

Have a great day all!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Monarch - have you though about taking up knitting to keep your hands busy? When my aunt quit smoking last year that is what she did. She quickly found that while she did crave the cigarettes a bit what she had the hardest time with was keeping her hands busy at times she would normally smoke. A few knitting lessons later and she was hooked. Every time she sits down at the couch she picks up her knitting and works on it while watching tv. This seems to keep her distracted enough where she doesn''t think about smoking nearly as much.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin this morning.........

Monnie, I''m with you on the depression scale. What we''re going through is just awful and everyday we wake up with uncertainty. We wonder will someone return our call. Will someone find our resume online and contact us. We wonder if we''re going to be able to continue living in our homes, putting gas in our cars, buying groceries. Trust me my friend, I know exactly why and how you''re down this morning. But also trust me, lighting that cig won''t solve anything. It will actually present worse issues and problems to deal with. Like me, you''re probably uninsured at the moment. Smoking reduces your immunity to bugs and can help you catch colds more often. Smoking costs money. So, please don''t light one up, no matter how much you think it would bring some relief. You, Mr Monnie, Me and Charlie, are all going to get through this difficult in our lives. Trust me, I know we will.

Sorry, you''re still under the weather Kimberly. Ugh, gas is bad stuff. I''m glad they add chemicals so you can smell it if a pilot light doesn''t light. I''ve never had a gas stove myself. I think I''ll stick with electricity. Take care.

I''m doubting I''ll hear from the company today. Something just tells me they''re not interested and I should just move on. I am certainly disappointed as the job was pretty ideal for me, but there''s just got to be something out there that is right for me. We''re seriously toying with selling our condo and downsizing considerably. That would take a lot of pressure off if we could to that.

Anyway, I''ll check in later. Have a great day everyone. And Monnie......Deep Breaths. This too shall pass.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a drive by til i can post more later but MONNIE hang in there woman!!! don''t smoke, as rod says it won''t CHANGE anything except you will feel even worse about smoking after being clean for so long!!! this too will pass, if you need a stress reliever and the walk didn''t cut it, hit a few pillows or something !!! but don''t give in...!! thinking of you.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:01:15 AM
Author: Julianna

If you fall down, get up. All is not lost as long as you keep getting up.
Oooo I love that Jules. I fall a lot!!

Speaking of falling, I totally fell off the workout wagon last week. I tried to get to the gym, but my brain was just so tired after work each day that I could not muster any energy to go. I am going to try again tonight. I have my gym bag with me and plan on going to the gym that is closer to work (and further from home).

I had an apple and almonds this morning, along with my skim cappuccino. Yum.

Mooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnie!!! No smoking lady. I know I''m already too late because you''ve already left for your walk, but keep in mind how many days it has been since you quit. If you have one puff today, you''re going to have to start ALL over again. I hope your walk helped.

Lorelei, thanks for the opening. You have come a long way, and I think it is important for us all to look back and see how far we''ve come. I also used to do a crazy 1000 calorie diet, and get dizzy at the gym. Luckily I came to my senses very quickly.

Rod, it hasn''t been too long since the interview has it? I know you''re in a totally different field, but it took me 3 weeks to receive an offer for my current job. Who knows what they were waiting for.

Kimberly, I''m sorry to hear you''re still sick! Blech. I hope you are enjoying student teaching. This is so exciting!

Hello Marcy! How''s it going over there?

SKIPPY! So glad you''re back! I missed you lots and loooooove the pictures you posted.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, WWTers.

Working full time again these last few weeks (and not being able to access pricescope at work
11.gif
), has meant that I''ve been somewhat MIA. I really would like to post more, though, so it''s on the list of things to do.

Foodwise the last couple of days have been weird--I''ve been craving candy for some reason, even thought I usually eat very little processed sugar. Yesterday evening I ate too much of it and got a bit nauseous, so hopefully that''s the last of that.

Other than the candy, we''ve been on something of a fish kick lately--did salmon on Sunday and are planning on doing red snapper later this week. I also have a couple of swordfish steaks in the freezer, so one of these nights we''ll have to defrost those.

One thing we have started this month (partly inspired by the "How Much Do You Spend on Groceries" thread) is keeping track of all the money we spend on food. I made an excel spreadsheet with columns for groceries, lunch (specifically, lunches while we''re at work--anything we bring ourselves comes out of the grocery fund), restaurants & take out (specifically, casual restaurants--we''re budgeting a separate date fund for one or two fancy restaurant dinners a month), and alcohol (mostly wine, although if we go out for drinks one night, that comes out of this fund and we''re excluding our wine club membership shipments from the budget). We''re starting off with a budget of $400 a month for the groceries, lunch, and restaurants/take out, $100 a month for alcohol, and a $100 a month for our date fund. We''re also tracking non-food household items just to see how much we spend on them. It''s kind of fun! We enter in our receipts every evening and the spreadsheet calculates how much we have remaining for the month. Certainly an interesting exercise if nothing else. Part of the plan is that any money left over at the end of the month goes into a sort of "mad money" fund that we can use for vacations, extra nice dinners out, etc.

On the exercise front, I''ve been really lax about running
7.gif
, but I have started doing Tai Chi, which has been good. Kris and I have also been trying to go for walks in the evenings after dinner, although we don''t do it every night. I''d like to start running before work--now it''s just a matter of making myself get out of the house and do it.

Skippy, welcome back! We missed you around here.

Lorelei, thanks for another great opener this week.

Monnie, I''m sorry that you were craving a cigarette. I hope you''re ok. I''m sending positive job vibes your way.

Erica, welcome! Good luck with Weight Watchers.

Rod, I''m sorry that that company hasn''t called you back. I''m keeping you and Monnie in my thoughts.

Hi to everyone else! Sorry for not getting everyone individually.

I''m off to work now--have a great day, everyone.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Hi all...I''ve been MIA for the last week due to one thing or another and I''m still not caught up on the posts!

Lorelei--wonderful posts to start this week. It''s funny but sometimes I feel like you are typing out stuff from my brain! It''s really nice to not feel alone with those types of ideas and feelings. Thanks.

This is gotta be a drive-by post because I''m heading out to the gym! This is going to be my first day working out with weights in almost 8 months! Awful I know. I''m sure I''ll be so sore I''ll crawl outt bed in the morn but I''m excited!

Rod--thanks for the tip about Lifestyle Fitness, they do have a wonderful setup. (And I am in Raleigh) I decided to go with Planet Fitness for a couple of diff reasons 1)extremely close to home 2) brandnew facility that''s much bigger than the other site and 3) no committment and only $10 a month w/a $50 sign up fee. This way if the fibro really keeps me from lifting much I won''t feel like I''m out a lot of $$. Plus, when I went in to check it out I felt completely at ease. Yay!

Hope everyone is feeling great! (Monnie--please don''t smoke!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m back...bypassed the gas station and did NOT smoke or buy any, though I REALLY wanted to. Thank you all so much for your support. I''m ok again...just realllllly going through a rough spot. Rod, Lorelei, Erica, Mara, and everyone else, thank you!!! It was definitely a toughie this morning !
20.gif
Rod, I''m just getting sick and tired of being stuck in this house all day...we don''t have such a lovely routine as you and Charlie as far as Sbux and the Oak tree...wish we did, but we do take the dogs for a walk every day now and that helps.

Erica, I am a knitter but haven''t knit for a couple months now since Chrstmas. Need to pull out some projects and finish them up, that will totally help me keep my hands busy and keep my mind from thinking of the evil smoking habit. Thanks for suggesting that!
35.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, yay for not buying/smoking any cigarettes! The true test of who we are as people isn''t how we act when things are easy, but the choices we make when things are tough. You should be proud of yourself!

I hope things turn around for you and your husband soon, and for you too, Rod, and Charlie.

I''m in the midst of my first week of only taking one day off from weights or running (Friday, of course!) since my six week illness at the beginning of this year. Yesterday''s run felt sluggish (I felt a side stitch coming on for most of it, but it wasn''t bad enough to stop) although I was only half a minute slower for my 4 miles than the last time I ran that far. I''m up for weights tonight.

Keep up the good work, all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 12:49:04 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Monarch, yay for not buying/smoking any cigarettes! The true test of who we are as people isn''t how we act when things are easy, but the choices we make when things are tough. You should be proud of yourself!

I hope things turn around for you and your husband soon, and for you too, Rod, and Charlie.

I''m in the midst of my first week of only taking one day off from weights or running (Friday, of course!) since my six week illness at the beginning of this year. Yesterday''s run felt sluggish (I felt a side stitch coming on for most of it, but it wasn''t bad enough to stop) although I was only half a minute slower for my 4 miles than the last time I ran that far. I''m up for weights tonight.

Keep up the good work, all!
Just glad I was able to come here for support. That''s most of the battle, imo, being able to bug the living daylights out of people when your head''s about to explode due to a craving.
9.gif
Thanks again, everyone. I promise not to cause any more drama, I''m over the C now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rose!

Monnie, I am so proud of you for staying strong. It isn't easy, and I well know how easy it would be to throw in the towel and light up - but you didn't!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You are an inspiration to many- sending you virtual hugs sweet girl!
emrose.gif

Edit - don't worry about being able to vent here, we are so pleased to be able to support you, so don't worry about that!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Erica Good Luck on WW! I was my heaviest when I worked at a desk all day. I seemed to always be snacking. And it didn''t help that everyone was always bringing in "specialties". I started having hard candy at my desk, and it really helped me not eat everything in sight.

Skippy Thanks for the compliments! Isn''t it funny how you picture some people a certain way, and it''s nothing like how they really are??

Steph Yay for YOGA!!

Deelight Good luck with your challenge!

Monnie You don''t really want to smoke, you just want to release some of your anxiety. And, really, how is lighting fire to something and holding it next to your face relaxing?? Maybe you should have a long tub soak. Don''t think you can smoke in the tub?? Sounds wet and gross.... I''ve launched more dust and it''s heading your way!! Just saw you beat the cigarettes! YAY!!

Kimi Sorry you''re still sick and froggy! bringing stuff to work sounds like a good idea, should keep you in the spirit all day!

CJ Have a great workout today! Namaste

LP Welcome to budgeting!! I think that even if you don''t NEED to budget, it''s a great way to keep finances in order. You really begin to see where your money is going.

Rod Sorry this latest interview hasn''t come to fruition. Kinda sucks that they would waste all of your time for nothing. Hopefully, they''re just still interviewing and haven''t made their decision yet.

Hi, Mara, RR, PHX, and Lorelei!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!

good for you monnie on not giving into the craving!!! don't worry about bugging anyone, that is what friends are for...!!

my workout last nite was great!! we did pilates for legs and abs and a tiny bit of arms and man my legs and abs are sore today, i have a little 'recovery' to do regarding workouts and getting back to my level i was at 3 weeks ago. it's amazing how quickly you can turn to jelly belly in a few weeks. but i am so happy to be back on track.

i wanted to work out today but i am meeting friends for dinner at 5pm so not any time before then...maybe i will take princess p for a walk when i get back home as greg has rehearsal. but i am working out tomorrow and thurs as well so maybe today will be a day off.

i am also trying to get one 15 min walk during the workday again, figure i'll add that back in as weather has been in 70's and sunny so might as well take advantage of it til it starts to rain again.

thats all i have to report!!

PG sorry to hear your run was sluggish but good for you for doing it anyway.
Rod, bummer about that company flaking out on calling but you never know. these days companies don't often move that quickly.
Monnie, keep your chin up...can you guys do any volunteer work or something that might help keep your days more occupied?
Kimi, ugh sorry that your cold/flu is hanging on, girl you do WAY too much, you have to REST...how are you going to get better if you are going going going all the time?
Skip, glad you are back and your pictures are fabulous! i wrote in my 'lost' post from yesterday that my hand thing was some weird post-flu arthritis that apparently is not uncommon. it was horribly painful, felt like i had rheumatoid arthritis, could barely move my hands or close my fingers, my hands were so swollen! Finally feeling better, thanks to powerful anti-inflammatory meds and it should be basically gone now (just takes a few weeks to get better).

I am sure there are some I missed...something shiny, ladypirate etc....looks like you gals are doing fabulous. Welcome Erica & Deelight!!! Have a great rest of the day all!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! I''m sorry I''ve been MIA for a bit. I had no internet access from Thursday through Sunday, but when it rains, it pours. I lost hot water since Thursday night and just today got the issue diagnosed after calling in a second person to evaluate the situation. He will install a part tomorrow thankfully - no more showers on the run! DBF has been a wonderful help though, so it''s made things a bit easier. I''ve been feeling really good on the eating & exercise front over the last week. I bought a container of lightly salted peanuts and use them (along with a piece of fruit like an apple) as a mid-afternoon snack when the urge hits. I''ve also been taking regular walks with a co-worker over lunch to add to the work I''m doing at the gym. I am feeling like I am getting stronger each day and it energizes me.

Lorelei - Thanks for another inspiring opening to the week! I couldn''t agree with everything you said any more, having done some of that myself back in the past. Persistence is key, and being in the best shape for you, not just a number on the scale.
Skippy - Welcome back!! Glad you had a wonderful time. Don''t get too down about getting back into the routine. I''ve had times in the past where it''s taken a few days to get back on track, but you will get there.
Maisie - I agree with what you said earlier this week. I have come to realize over time it''s about being as healthy as I can be and not comparing myself so much to others who lose more weight or lose weight easier than I. I am happy knowing I am heart healthy and doing all I can to be overall healthy. Keep up the good work - small steps do add up!!!
Kim - Yeah for student teaching!! Hope you are feeling better this week.
Rod - Keep pounding the pavement and you will find the job that is meant for you. I am sending a ton of dust your way for you and Charlie to find jobs soon
1.gif

marcy - Wyoming sounds wonderful - I hope to get there at some point!
Erica - Good luck with WW. It''s amazing how the calories can creep in for some of us when we''re not counting as closely (myself included). Keep up the good work with the healthy snacks.
Steph - Yeah for losing the 4lbs back!
36.gif

Monnie - Sorry to hear you''re having a bad time. When that craving comes, get your mind off of it by focusing on something else - gym, a walk, something healthy. You''ll keep that healthy turnaround going by doing that. Keep up the good work - quitting smoking is incredibly difficult but you can do it!!
CJ - Don''t get too down about falling off the wagon temporarily - it happens to the best of us one time or another (myself included). This week will be much better!
ladypirate - The budgeting thing sounds like such a cool and great idea! I have an overall budget but it could be interesting to track details more over the course of a month or so to see where money goes.

Hi Linda, somethingshiny, and all other WWTers! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day - I''m off to the gym!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I should be drafting lesson plans but wanted to check in and say HOORAY to you Monnie! Just think of it this way, $ is tight and smoknig is an additional expense that is totally unecessary, especially right now.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and student teaching cheers! I really am enjoying this; I''m not enjoying all of the talk of budget cuts. I planned on substituting for another year after graduation, so that job prospects in the short term aren''t upsetting, but the long term affects of teachers, classroom size, etc. will be interesting to watch unfold. I figure if I can teach 32 kids I can teach 36.

Mara, you should have seen me last week, I literally did nothing. John cooked, cleaned, grocery shopped. Well, that''s most weeks, but it was really exagerated last week. I sat on the couch for 6 days straight. I am pretty busy typically, though, but I like it that way. There''s so much to do and see and read I just don''t feel like there''s enough time in the day! Life is so enjoyable and I want to take advantage of every opportunity I have to experience things. Wow, I sound like self help book or something! Creepy. And that''s a bit pot-kettle coming from you.
2.gif
It made me laugh. I really don''t know what I''m going to do when I graduate, school keeps me constantly occupied when I''m not working and playing. I''m afraid!

Okay, I have 20 minutes to create a worksheet, freshen up and get out the door.

Have a great night, friends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great day. I had a stressful day at work, we gave an employee a “consultation” which she disagreed with, called us all liars, said I have favorites and picked on her and she quit. I was pretty upset for a few hours. I’m not good at that kind of thing.
Erica, good for you to join WW. Mindless eating can add so many calories. I tried to figure out how many calories I used to eat and it is like “Holy Cow” no wonder I weighed 320 pounds. I hope you’ll be pleased when you weigh in tomorrow.
Skippy, DIA keeps their runways pretty clear but it takes forever to deice the planes. Have fun at lunch. I think it’s a great idea to track your food for awhile if you think you are eating a little more than usual.
Steph, congratulations for loosing 4 pounds. Glad to hear you are getting some free time for workouts. I doubt my husband will schedule such a late flight home again. He bought a book to read so that kept him busy.
Welcome, Dee. It sounds like you have some great workouts and activities planned for this week.
Lorelei, LOL at funny noises while lifting weights. I resemble that trait as well.
Monnie, glad to hear you didn’t give in to having a cigarette. Hang in there with the job search, it is so slow and difficult but I am sure something will come along for both of you. Good idea to pull out your knitting to work on. I started a vest and I am not getting very far.
Kimi, sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. That’s great there is a nice place for a walk / run by school. Good plan to work as a substitute teacher for awhile after graduation. Around here it takes time to get a full time teaching position. I hope you had a great time tonight
Rod, glad to hear you are okay and have such a good attitude about moving on. You guys are in my thoughts.
CJ, I hope you made it to the gym tonight. It’s hard to go after long and hard days at work. I am doing great, thanks for asking.
Ladypirate, sorry to hear candy make you feel bad. That will probably cure you of craving it for awhile. I can’t wait until it gets nice enough here to go for walks in the evening. It’s prettier outside and I won’t buy things since I’m not walking around the mall.
RoseRed, yay for working out with weights, I hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow.
Phoenix, sounds like you have some serious workouts planned. Glad to hear you are doing so well again.
Somethingshiny, it is funny how people never look like we think they will.
Mara, glad to hear you had a great workout last night.
PW, that is wonderful you are feeling stronger and better every day. You should visit Wyoming someday; it is very pretty (in places).
Take care and sweet but low fat dreams.
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All,

We got up and had coffee and fresh fruit at home, then Charlie went to the store and bought lunch fixin''s. I don''t mean to sound like a snob, but we''re not brown-baggers, and we typically ate out during our lunch hour, so it was kind of different to have lunch fixin''s at home. We actually enjoyed our lunch (fresh turkey sandwiches on sourdough and a few chips), then we headed out to have coffee under the oak. It''s something we''ve done together on the weekends and some evenings, but we''ve not been able to do this together during the work week, so that was fun too. Charlie headed off to the gym after coffee and I came home to do some job searching before heading back out to the gym. I got to the gym around 3 and didn''t leave till after 5:30 and I worked out really hard. I''m actually sore tonight, so I know I accomplished something at the gym. Charlie made a wonderful meatloaf with ground chicken and fresh spinach, it was just inventive and yummy. Then since we really don''t have to keep any schedule, we decided to go back and have a cup of coffee at Sbucks, but we we''re home in time to watch American Idol. I''m a David Archuette (I think that''s how to spell his name) groupie at this point. He''s such an incredibly talented young man and I really hope he wins the competition.

Oh, I did finally hear from the company today. Supposedly I''m still in the running and should know something Friday about whether another interview will be scheduled. They did mention another candidate was interviewing, so who knows. Their recruiter said they had positive things to say about me. So, it''s still a possibility, but I won''t be devastated if it doesn''t come through. Something will at some point.

I guess tomorrow will pretty much be a repeat of today. Breakfast and lunch at home, job searching, coffee under the oak, then the gym. I want to see the girls sing tomorrow night on American Idol for sure.

Welcome Erica. Most people would be surprised to know how much they really eat. It''s why America is a nation of obese people. I hope WW works great for you!!

Hey Skippy! I love the new spring flowers in your Avatar!! BTW, we bought Jaeger LeCoultre watches in a shop in Place Vendome. We both got one. THe dollar was so much stronger then and the price we paid was a bargain compared to what the watches would have cost in the US. My, how times have changed.

Good for you dropping the 4 pounds so quickly Steph! Sounds like you are all settling in to your new home quite nicely!

Welcome Deelight! Good idea getting rid of unecessary salt in your diet.

Lorelei, I got this immage of you making sounds while lifting the weights. LOL You''d be surprised at the sounds some of the "uber" guys make as they''re lifting several hundred pounds in our gym.

Hey CJ! I hope you make it to the gym. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks ladypirate. I hope the Tai Chi''s going well for you!

Hey RoseRed. Good for you joining Planet Fitness. Sounds like you made the perfect choice for yourself and I hope you get all the results you''re hoping for and then some!!

Monnie, I wish you weren''t stuck inside due to the cold weather during this stressful time. You''re right that at least we can get outside and do so much to take our minds off our issues. At least Spring is just around the corner for you. I''m so proud you didn''t give into the temptation to smoke!!

Thanks Phoenix and yay for continuing to run and workout so hard!! Don''t you just hate it when you get a side stitch while running. Kind of dampens the run a bit.

Thanks somethingshiny too! As you saw above, I found out I''m still in play for the job.

Sounds like you''re back to the healthy and active Mara!!

I''m taking your advice PW and I will keep pounding the pavement until I find the right job!

I''m glad you''re enjoying the student teaching Kimberly. Sounds like John''s taken great care of you too!!

That''s about it for me. See you all tomorrow. Sleep well everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results