shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd March till 9th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it sounds like you and Charlie had a great day. That''s wonderful you heard from that company today. Good luck with that. Enjoy setting out and enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery for me tomorrow. We have snow on the ground so I''ll enjoy my view from the window.

I''m seeing flashy lights and have a headache - don''t tell me I have a migraine. Rats. I think I"ll go to bed.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe Rod, you should hear me grunting and groaning while I am hefting all of.....ten pounds!
41.gif
I can imagine the uber dudes make a real racket! How is Mr Crushedtoes, is he still working out?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Just got back from the "gym" a little while ago. I have it in quotes b/c it''s just the neighborhood clubhouse and only has 1 elliptical, 2 treadmills and a bike, and some weight machines....nothing fancy, but it works for me. There were actually other people in there which I was surprised at since it was before 6am, but there was a nice man who is a doctor, his wife, and another lady....all very nice and talkative for so early! I did the elliptical for only 20 minutes this morning b/c I couldn''t peel myself out of the comfy covers any earlier and Adam had to get to work, so I really made it count and pumped up the resistance level. I am also going to do 30 mins. of yoga today. Does anyone do the yoga on FitTV? I just discovered this channel, so now I have it programmed to record all the yoga. It didn''t seem too intense yesterday, but I woke up feeling a little sore, so it must have done something. I''m heading to go get dressed now and taking Andrew to storytime at the library today...ahhh, the exciting life of a stay-at-home mom! But he is very excited about it....we are meeting up with Adam''s aunt that lives down the road and the 2 kids she watches during the day that are Andrew''s age, so he can''t wait. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I went to muscle hour last night and it is amazing when you don't do weights in 2 weeks; I could not do as many push ups. We did walk, hike and climb stairs in Europe but that does not help when it comes to push ups. I should have done a few push ups and sit ups, but too bad so sad, what ya gonna do now!
37.gif
It was good to be back at the gym; also tomorrow I am going to WW meetings, they really help keep me in line. I probably will get a walk in; the weather might be nice. Also, my sleep is back on track. It was tough to stay awake till 9pm but I did it and now I am awake at 5am so that is an improvement. hehe

I almost forgot to share what happened yesterday at lunch. I met up w/2 friends (who work at my old firm) and we just talked about one of the girls weddings coming up, my trip and a few other things. Both girls are amazing people, but both are so busy flying all over the country for work and one of my friends loves to paint or make jewelry for fun.

Well yesterday as we were saying our goodbye's she said she had something for me. Well, she pulls out a beautiful painting!! I was so excited because it was a Georgia O'keefe inspired landscape that we both talked about loving this particular landscape in the past! It was just a very touching gift and such a wonderful surprise and I felt so honored to receive something she made.
3.gif
We also talked about Antonio Gaudi (famous architecture in Spain) and I think I will buy her a book on his work and give it to her as a thank you.
12.gif

Thanks for the sweet compliments on my pictures Mara, CrownJewel, Rod, Marcy and others I missed
12.gif
Have a great day all!!!!!!!

Steph, great job on the early workout and glad you have a little gym close by to enjoy!!

Welcome Deelight! Enjoy your netball game today and pt tomorrow!

Lorelei, whoo hooo on weights and working out hard!

Monarch, I have been thinking about you!!! I am so glad you did not pick up any smokes! A friend of mine who smoked for years and years finally stopped after his heart went bad and now while we were out of the country he just received a heart transplant out near Mara, so it really scares a person not to smoke. I am just so glad you didn't do it!!! Can you volunteer somewhere to keep you busy and sometimes volunteering leads to jobs? Sorry, just a thought; hang in there! I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers!

Kimi, do you think you might have bad allergies? Just a thought since I get really bad cold like symptoms w/lots of drainage when they are bad; I am sorry you are still sick, that is no fun. Glad your class is great! Enjoy your workout!

CrownJewel, thanks for the welcome back! Sorry about last week but glad you are back to it! Hope you made it to the gym, go CJ!

Ladypirate, thanks for the welcome!! Great job on working! I am guessing you found a job; that is wonderful! Tai Chi is so good for you, enjoy!

Hello RoseRed, enjoy the gym!!!

PG, enjoy your runs/weights, sounds like you are starting to improve.

SS, yes, I agree. hehe Have you done yoga lately?? What are you up to?

Mara, glad the hand is better, how scary!
32.gif
Glad you are rocking the walks again!!! 70's, send some of that great weather this way, yes, yes take advantage of the great weather! I remember you love spring/summer weather, me toooooo!
emhot.gif

Patiently Waiting, glad you are back!! Yikes about the water and power. Is it better now? Great, for you on the walks!! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Marcy, I agree tracking food helps! Consultations are no fun, wow, she sounded difficult; sorry you had to go through that. Hugs! How is the knee?

Rod, wow, I wish the dollar were stronger! That would have been a blast to walk into one of those stores and bought a watch. . . kind of like pretty woman for me!!! hehe Actually when we went to Italy I bought 2 really nice purses and lots of presents for family; it is amazing how the dollar affects spending overseas! I hear Europeans are loving it and are vacationing here since it is so cheap!!!! Hang in there, crossing my fingers they call you at the end of the week. You and Charlies day sounded lovely and I bet the weather was gorgeous!
emhot.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tee hee Lorelei about grunting and groaning for 10 pounds - I''d probably be doing it for 5.
1.gif

Steph, it''s nice to have friendly people to workout with at the gym. I am sure Andrew with have fun with the other kids.

Skippy, glad to hear you slept more normal hours. What a wonderful gift from your friend. That was very sweet of her. I don''t like dealing with difficult employees but sometimes you just have to, right? My knee is better but I haven''t done the treadmill since Thursday. I might try it again tonight but maybe for less time. Rats for knee pain.

Have a great day! Laters.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2008 9:40:46 AM
Author: marcyc
Tee hee Lorelei about grunting and groaning for 10 pounds - I''d probably be doing it for 5.
1.gif
Hee! Hubby was bent double squealing at me the other night at the faces I was pulling, and the noises I was making, he literally was rolling on the floor laughing his butt off!
emembarrassed.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...!!

rod happy that you heard from the company...good luck with that. and i hear ya re: lunch fixins...i didn''t used to be someone who ate at home for lunch much but once you get into it, it''s actually kind of fun i find...and then you just can make more fresh natural items, eat more fresh fruit, etc. i got really into cooking when i was off and just experimenting with kitchen stuff, was kind of fun to use my extra time to hone my skillz!!

lol lorelei re: the 10 lbs! 10 lbs can be quite effective depending on how you do it!! like i use 17 lbs to do shrugs but if i am doing triceps i can really only do 12 lbs without crying after 3 rounds hehee. and then if i am doing side to side lifts, aka holding weights in hands and then standing straight and putting arms out to sides, parallel to ground and then lifting weights slightly, i can only do like 5 lb or 7 lb!! those are really challening as it uses your back shoulder muscles. so there''s such a range for me for sure!! keep it up, fun times.

skip, what a cool gift that your friend gave you! patiently waiting good for you for plugging along! marcy, you too, you''re so disciplined! CJ everyone falls off the wagon sometimes, just get right back on girlie! steph yay for using the new ''gym''...i actually like those small gyms. you can bring your ball and mat or whatever too and get some other types of workouts in and it''s a nice, comfy small environment.

kimi lol re: pot calling the kettle black, i totally agree! it was so hard for me to sit around and ''rest''...well i didn''t really rest that much, but i definitely felt chafed by my lack of ''activity''...hahaha. i guess my body was like ''okay we''ll give you a 101 fever so you HAVE to stay home and sit around''...and then the arthritis was just like another ''you better chill out''. of course now that i feel better i feel like i''m on GOGOGO mode to catch up with everything. such is life!

sorry if i missed anyone, my coffee is kicking in so i better to go get ready for my day!! i have a lunch with the team, we have people from Europe visiting so we''re going to get persian kebabs, yummy. i eat all the chicken and just some of the rice. and then for dinner, greg has been traveling the last 2 days so it''s just been me and princess portia...so we might grab a burger tonite or something fun but low key. i am sure he will be exhausted. i really SHOULD cook but we''ll see how i feel. i have my trainer tonite again and i am sure she will torture my abs yet again, they need it after 3 weeks of jelly belly nothingness!! happy day all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Checkin!

It''s just so beautiful outside. And for whatever reason, I slept pretty well last night. Maybe having Charlie more calmer since he''s finally out of work and neither of us has anything to do with the "old" company is helping to create a bit more calm in our houselhold. We had coffee and fresh fruit on the terrace and it''s just glorious outside. We''ll have lunch at home and then headout for coffee and gym sessions this afternoon.

How incredible of your friend to give you such a gift Skippy!! Please take a picture of the painting and post it, OK??!! We were so lucky the dollar was so much stronger in 2000. Our watches cost only $1600 each in Vendome and when we came home we saw them at Nieman Marcus in the $4,000 range, so we saved major bucks for sure. Plus we had them engraved with our initials and Paris April 2000 to always remember the trip.

Sounds like your days are becoming full in your new hometown Steph. I could never get up so early and get on the elliptical. Good for you! Enjoy storytime and being with your Aunt too!

LOL Lorelei over 10 pounds!! I''m sure you had hubby laughing hard at you!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked 30 minutes in the treadmill today. And yesterday was good and bad, so it balances out. I went to the rodeo last night with some friends and had my annual fried snickers bar and sausage sandwhich. For those you not from TX the Houston rodeo is a big deal and lasts for 3 weeks with concerts everynight, and well all the of worst/yummiest fried and unhealthy food you can imagine. But I went to lunch with a co-worker who is also trying to be healthy and we split our entree..so we each had chicken taco (corn tortilla, chicken breast, guac, & pico) with a side of black beans

Rod, You can spruce up your lunches by making paninis and wraps. Also maybe make some homemade soup to have with it.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Good afternoon! I have officially now had 2 gym workout days! It really felt wonderful... I''m definitely sore and it''s such a funny feeling after lifting weights to feel your muscles go all jelly. lol. I really missed that. So far, the fibro pain is very manageable and hopefully this change won''t trigger a full out episode. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Marcy, sorry about your stressful day at work. Those type of conflicts are so draining.

Skippy, hi! And I add my praise for your beautous pics! (And you are such a cutie!)

Mara, glad you are feeling all right again.

Patiently Waiting, Don''t you just love the nuts & fruit snack? Definitely keeps the afternoon munchies in check!

Erica, Welcome and good luck with WW. I know quite a few people to have really succeeded w/them.

Steph, kudos for the 6am ellipical workout. That''s willpower

Kimberlyh, sorry you are still feeling under the weather!

Ladypirate, it''s funny but I''ve been craving candy lately too! I''m not usually into sweets, I''m more (much more, lol) into the salty goodies...I''m blaming on the Easter candy aisles in every flipping store. *sigh* I do love me some Cadbury Eggs. And Peeps. And choc covered marshmallow eggs. Wait, didn''t I say I don''t really like sweets?? lol Exception for Easter treats

Rod, I''m glad that company got back with you. hope you know something definite soon.

Deelight, Welcome! I''d love to hear more about your 12wk challenge.

Hi SS and Appletini and I hope I didn''t miss anyone!

I''m off to do a walk around the lake...the weather here is gorgeous today!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day. The weather is just beautiful here today so we just took the dog on a walk to check out the new neighborhood. Our new next door neighbors came over to introduce themselves a few days ago and brought us a cake. It has been sitting in the fridge and I have avoided it every night when Andrew and Adam were having a piece for dessert, but I decided I needed to try a little bit of it. I only had a couple of bites, so not too bad and now that craving is gone. It will be okay because I am making my low-fat, low-cal taco soup for dinner tonight. Have a great night everyone!

Skippy, that is awesome about the painting! I saw your pics in your other thread and they are amazing! What a wonderful trip you had!

Marcy, sorry about your bad day at work yesterday.

Mara, enjoy being tortured by your trainer tonight! I''m sure you''ll be back to where you were in no time!

Rod, yea for the good night''s sleep. I agree, the weather around here is perfect (except I think I might have to go on allergy medicine which I didn''t have to have in South Florida but did in Georgia). I''m glad the company at least got back to you and hopefully they will at least give you an answer instead of leaving you hanging.

Apple, the rodeo sounds like fun. I''ve never had a fried snickers bar, but I''m sure it was good!

RoseRed, yea for the 2 gym days! Thanks for the kudos on the 6am workout...it is really the only time I can go. I have to do it before my hubby leaves for work, because I never really feel like doing it after he gets home and I''ve cooked and cleaned up and given Andrew a bath, so I learned I need to get it over with right off the bat or I won''t do it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My yoga is going SO well. I can''t believe I''m still doing it! Usually, I would''ve stopped any "program" by now. I got a new yoga mat and it helps me because it provides the right support and helps my feet stick, but when I lay on my back, my shoulders stick to the mat and it gets a bit irritating. Still, for some reason, yoga is even more fun when you''re posing on a bright pink mat! (It''s the little things that do it for me...)

My little one is finally getting over all of his sickness. He ended up with conjuctivitis, tonsilitis, sinusitis, and bronchitis. All within 36 hours of being off amoxicillin. It was ridiculous but he''s doing much better now. He''s still on eye-drops and doing really well with them. I''ve put thousands of drops in over the years (I used to work for an optometrist) so I think my technique is pretty good and quick. Luckily, he''s not very flinchy and will let me do it.

My bedroom is coming along nicely. I didn''t get to paint my furniture last weekend, so hopefully I''ll be able to this weekend. I''m also gonna grab a sheet of plywood and make an upholstered headboard. Unfortunately, I have to buy a new jig saw. I don''t know how I manage to burn them up so quickly.

Marcy I hope your head feels better. I think a migraine is worse than labor!

Steph I do the Yoga on FitTV, and I love it. My favorite is Namaste Yoga, but there are others on too that I get to occasionally. Sometimes I do the Shimmy program because it follows the Namaste Yoga. It''s a fun belly-dancing deal.

Skippy What a thoughtful gift! I''ve always found Georgia O''keefe interesting. Sometimes it''s a bit "off" for me, but I love the way it feels like you can walk into her paintings.

appletini I didn''t know you live in TX. I grew up there. Rodeo is still a big deal for us in IL. And, I have my once a year fried Snickers at the fair!! After that 10,000 calories I feel like I''m going to die. But, i do it again the next year.

RR Glad to hear you made it to the gym again. I hope you''re able to continue without additional pain.

Hi, Marcy, PW, Mara, Lorelei,and Rod

Have a great tomorrow!

wow, that''s a really long post....
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Evening All,

Rose, I am finally starting to feel better, except the nasty cough. Thanks for the well wishes!
SS, so glad yoga is going well.
Mara, I drive J crazy because I''m a spaz if I am idle. He says "you don''t sit well" and he''s right. I love to be busy and active.
Steph, it sounds like the perfect little gym.
Skippy, what a wonderful gift!

The play was great. We had a simple dinner at the cafe outside the theatre, chicken soup and we split a slice of cheesecake.

I had a fantastic run today. I went for 40 minutes. I think I''m going to be hurting tomorrow, it''s been a while since I''ve run. I''d forgotten how much I love it. Note to self: must run more often.

J had a rough day and asked if we could go out to eat, so I said yes. Must get lesson plans done so I can get out the door.

Have a great evening all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All!

We had a nice day. Nothing at all happened on the job search front and I''m OK. I know it''s going to take some time to find something that fits and I just need to chill about it all. There was an article in our business section today about people (particularly older people) who are laid off and how long the typical job search is (5 - 7 months these days - ughh!) and that one thing everyone could and should do to avoid major depression is........EXERCISE!! At least I''ve got that one down big time!

Anyway, it was just beautiful in Tampa today. Nice blue skies and temps in the mid 70''s with absolutely no humidity. After lunch we both sat under the oak for a long time and enjoyed our coffee with a couple friends. Our Sbucks is one of the most unique Sbucks on the planet. It''s like a family and after a while you get to know so many people that there''s always someone to sit and chat with. Then Charlie went to the gym and I came home to take care of a few things before hitting the gym around 3:30. I didn''t get through with my workout till nearly 6:30 and I had a really terrific workout today. I just seemed to have loads of extra energy and was able to push really hard. Our trainer (well to be honest, past trainer - it was one of the things we had to give up without having jobs) spent a little time with me today. He really made me feel good about my accomplishments and he even wants to redo my photo they use in my poster at the gym because he thinks I''ve made significant strides since the picture was taken over a year ago. Maybe that''s what made me have so much energy for my workout this afternoon?

For dinner I had a nice salad, while Charlie ate the left over meatloaf he made last night. Then we went out for another cup of coffee under the oak. Tomorrow will be pretty much a repeat of today, which is OK with me as today was nice.

Thanks for the tips on sprucing up our lunch Apple. I think tomorrow will be homemade tuna salad, yumm!

I''m glad your two gym sessions have been good and you haven''t had any fibro pain RR!! Keep up the good work!

I''m lucky I''ve never been an allergy sufferer Steph. I remember that Springtime in Orlando was problematic for people with allergies. Good for you being so good with the cake. I''m afraid I could not have been so disciplined with a cake in my refridgerator.

somethingshiny, I''m glad to yoga is continuing to go well and that your little one is finally recovering.

I guess I didn''t know you were a runner Kimberly? I''m glad you had a good one! I had gotten into running, but just haven''t been doing it much lately. I should go for a run one of these mornings while I am able to.........

Marcy, I hope you got over your migraine and are feeling better.......

I guess that''s about all I have for today. I hope you''re looking forward to a good day tomorrow. Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am setting here in sweats, under a blanket and sure wishing we’d see some decent and WARM weather soon. I am TIRED of winter.
Lorelei, my DH would be enjoying the show here too. It’s all good we can be so entertaining.
Mara, glad to hear you are on gogogo mode. Have fun torturing your abs tonight.
Appletini, yay for walking on the TM and enjoying some treats at the rodeo.
RoseRed, yay for 2 great workouts. Today was much better at work; it was nice for a change.
Steph, that is nice of some neighbors to welcome you with a cake. Glad you enjoyed the lovely weather too.
Somethingshiny, how wonderful to be sticking to and enjoying yoga. I’d like the pink mat too. Your bedroom project sounds like work but will be nice when you get if finished. My headache is much better today thanks. Lights really bothered me this morning so I am pretty sure it was a migraine.
Kimi, glad you enjoyed the play and had a great run today. I hope going to dinner helped John feel better.
Rod, congratulations for being ahead of the game with exercise to help during times of stress. That is so exciting they want to update your photo for the poster in the gym. I am better thanks and think I will go try the treadmill again now. Maybe 15 minutes this time instead of 20. I’m not giving up as long as my knees gets back to “normal” after a few days rest.
Laters,
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just watched the season finale of Project Runway and for once I''m happy with the winner!! Amazing that a 21 year old can win a huge competition like that.

Marcy, I''m glad you''re feeling better. It does sound like a migraine. Do you get them often?? One of the reasons I''m asking is because I''m wondering for myself. I used to get migraines ALL the time. Finally, I figured out my many triggers and can avoid them for the most part. However, I thought by improving my physical condition (exercising), I may be able to reduce them even more. Thoughts?? My bedroom project isn''t really "work" to me. I love to build and refinish furniture. I started out building Barbie furniture when I was about 7. I''m excited to have a new project though! Hope you''re able to continue on your workouts!

Rod, yay for the PT seeing the results! On the work front, it sounds like a really long "searching" period. Around here, (which is in the middle of nowhere) there are always openings in everything from food service to bank manager to OBGYN. But, I guess people are hard pressed to stay in this no-man''s land that is cold and dreary, unlike your happy sunshiney home.

Kimi, WEIRD! It always sounds weird to me when people say they LIKE to run. My sis says it too. But, glad you''ve enjoyed yourself. I''d be .
14.gif

Good night, all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to workout SNICKER FREE last night, as Hubby wasn''t around.
16.gif
The only trouble is, I normally stand there pathetically while he does all the work with setting up the machines etc, and putting the weights on
11.gif
, but I had to manage on my own for once....

Anyway, I finished upper body and arms and I was whimpering in bed last night with the pain from it, so I must have done something!
25.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, this was my first migraine so I can''t be much help. I didn''t sleep much Sunday night, did have a bad headache Monday and then had stress at work on Tuesday so I am guessing all of the above contributed to it. I get sinus headaches a lot but they never hurt as much as this one did. I am sure hoping it was a fluke and I won''t get another one. How cool you used to make Barbie furniture. I have a sister that makes and sells doll clothes and Barbie clothes are on the top of her list.

Lorelei, sorry to here you were wimpering in your sleep last night. I hope you aren''t too sore today.

I did walk 22 minutes on the TM. A little achy this morning but not much more than normal.

Have a great day my PS friends.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 11:29:46 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Kimi, WEIRD! It always sounds weird to me when people say they LIKE to run. My sis says it too. But, glad you''ve enjoyed yourself. I''d be .
14.gif
Ha ha ha! That made me laugh outloud, SS. There is something so powerful about running -- okay, let me be honest here and say I don''t actually run, I''m a jogger at best, and a slow one -- and I love how my body feels afterwards, tight muscles, a bit weak, like I''ve really, really pushed myself. When I started losing weight 6 years ago one of my goals was to run/jog a 5k. I had only lost 25 lbs (I weighed 172 the day of the race) and it was a total struggle, but I did it and I was so proud of myself. So maybe that connection is also what makes me enjoy it. I also just love being outside. Our neighborhood/community is not very bike rider friendly or I''d spend a lot more time doing that. It was my exercise of choice through high school, until I moved and didn''t have access to bike trails (I moved from a community that was connected by miles and miles of paseos, most residential streets are cul de sacs that butt the paseos and they run through three different cities, it''s a very cool set up, you can walk/bike almost everywhere). Long winded rave over.

Good morning!

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a crab cake and some potato salad for dinner. The portions were perfect and it was just a good dinner.

Have a great day all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning FRIENDS!! I know this is something silly to be excited about but I slept normal hours and didn't wake in the middle of the night starved (since my body was confused on when to eat), yay I feel good this morning! I did go for a walk since allergies are high (according to pollen counts) and I can feel it in my lungs so I stayed in. I plan on doing my Lift Weights to Lose Weight Dvd (which is very good) and I will be going to Weight watchers today and meeting hubby for lunch!!

I am pretty to excited and feel honored to have this painting, thanks guys; I just have to figure out the perfect wall for it. I will try and post a pic sometime. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Everyone sounds to be doing well.
1.gif

Marcy, I guess I missed the post where you had a migraine; they suck! I am so sorry, I use to suffer from them at an super early age (7yrs old); I am lucky they happen less often. It probably was stress; especially all that stuff you dealt w/the other day. I am sorry, I hope it goes away soon. Yes, take it easy on the knee; the times I pushed myself or rested and walked too soon made my knee worse. Take care honey!

Lorelei, go go go, you are doing great w/weights Miss!!! You rock!

Mara, yay for your killer workouts! I never had persian kebabs; they sound yummy. Enjoy time to yourself; I love when my hubby leaves for a few days. hehe

Rod, glad you are finding things to eat at home. I love having things from home; I love doing shrimp stirfry's, soups, and sandwiches. I bet you guys have the freshest shrimp too for a great veggie stirfry, lucky duck. Wow, what a savings on those watches; that is how it was with my purses. I think I save liked 40% on them; those were the days.
8.gif
Glad there is no humidity; that is what gets me when it is warm is the humidity. Enjoy the wonderful weather!!!! Hugs to you and Charlie!

Apple, great job on the treadmill!

RoseRed, Great job for your 2 gym workouts and feeling sore! Ah, thanks for your sweet compliments on me and my pics!!!

Steph, glad you enjoyed the pics! Glad you are having fab weather; enjoy being outdoors! What wonderful neighbors; we have been lucky to have an awesome neighborhood. They too brought over a banana bread and have had block party's and 4th of July parades. Sounds like out neighborhoods are similar!

SS, yay for yoga! Hey I am like you; when I was going to yoga class I was so excited to find a beautiful hawaiian looking mat carrier. hehe There is something fun about pretty colors!!! Good for you sticking w/it! How many kiddo's do you have? Hope they feel better soon, poor kiddos!

Kimi, thanks; yay for your run! Great!! Out of curiousity how many lbs did you lose from your heaviest???? Good for you and keeping it off! I know you said in the past, sorry.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!!

Well I didn''t work out last nite...Greg''s plane was coming in a little early and I wanted to pick him up so I ended up cancelling my trainer and planning to work out downstairs, but then my meetings got a little crazy and I only had 20 minutes to go downstairs, change, workout etc and it was just too stressful.

So this evening I''ll do 45 min of cardio to make up for what I didn''t do yesterday. I did do some abs and a bit of zumba dancing while watching some shows last nite after Greg zonked out (Skip he came back last nite, I already had my ''alone'' time to enjoy earlier this week) from his trip...so at least I wasn''t totally inactive!!

I am feeling like I need to detox soon or something. I made these amazing vahlrona chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting the other night and while I didn''t really eat any then, I had 3 minis last nite (but they are so truly mini, they are literally pop in your mouth tiny with not much frosting), and the GS cookies are EVERYWHERE. My self control is nil these days. And while I still look fine, I don''t feel fine and I want to reign it in a bit! But we have had so many events and most of them are eating, aka tonite we''re going to a big team dinner at one of my fave places...and what I get isn''t that bad food wise but the dessert there is listed as my ''fave last dessert on earth'' on my profile for Yelp and so yeah, I''m excited!!

But then I was like jeez next week I need to do a grains, fruits and veggies only detox or something. Last nite to celebrate Greg''s return we went to one of his fave greasy spoons where they have amazing chili cheese fries and huge burgers. I ate a tart fro yo after as well. *urf*

Anyway, I have a busy day today with a baby shower and meetings all day and then this dinner at night, can''t wait to get into the gym for some play time later. Have a great one all.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I know what you mean about the girl scout cookies! I broke down and bought 3 boxes, but they (well two of them anyhow--it's hard to keep sweets around for too long with Kris
3.gif
) are still sitting in the freezer, so I haven't been too bad about it.

I wanted to go for a run this morning because it's been so pretty, but I had to clean the kitchen instead. Ah well. I need to get to work, so I should head out, but I wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone.

Monarch, GOOD FOR YOU! It's so great that you got through this without smoking. Definitely finish your knitting projects--I need to get on that train myself.

SomethingShiny, I agree re: the budgeting. We don't necessarily need to, but it's really eye opening to see where everything goes. Have you adjusted to your new bed yet? Yay for do it yourself projects like your headboard!

Patiently_Waiting, yay for hot water! Cold showers are
14.gif

Marcy, I hope you feel better! Migraines are no fun at all.

Steph, I'm impressed you can make yourself work out that early! I'm going to have a rough time of it this week when DST ends--it'll be dark when we get up.
7.gif

Skippy, your painting sounds lovely. I can't wait to see a picture of it!

Rod, I love that you and Charlie always seem to make room for sitting on the terrace or under the oak tree and sipping your coffee. It sounds so relaxing! Congratulations on hearing from that company.

Appletini, fried snickers bars? Yikes. I've heard of frozen ones, but fried sounds absolutely over the top! I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly.
9.gif

RoseRed, I think it might have something to do with the Easter Candy. My sweets weaknesses are all around this time of year: GS cookies, Cadbury Eggs, and Robins Eggs. *Sigh*. Oh well.

Kimberly, good for you for running! I know what you mean about feeling so good afterwards, but it's so hard to get the motivation to start in the first place!

Lorelei, when I first read that, I thought you meant Snickers like the candy bar! Then I realized you meant your husband.
41.gif

I guess that didn't end up being so short after all--now I've really got to skedaddle or I'll be late!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe LP, my Hubby is ALWAYS snickering at me, he seems to find me rather amusing!

Marcy, thanks for asking, I am a little stiff and sore, so I think I will take tonight off from working out.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good afternoon all!
35.gif
The new switch was installed on my water heater last night, so I''m back to having hot water consistently! It''s such a good feeling taking showers at home again
2.gif
Since I had to have the repairman over, I didn''t end up making it to the gym last night, but considering it''s the only day in the last week or so I''ve taken off, I guess it''s not too bad. I''m (hopefully) back to kickboxing tonight. The last few months have been tough for the class since the instructor was injured and there isn''t anyone at the moment to back her up. We''ve probably not had class more than we have had it over the past few months. Either way, I''m sure to get in a good workout one way or another.

I am so inspired by those on here that get in the great runs and love to run. I must admit, I''ve never really loved it, but I do have aspirations of running a 5k later this year, so I''d better get to the serious training soon! I''m hoping the weather will break for good in the next few weeks so I can run outdoors. I am ready for spring to be here even though we''ve had a relatively tame winter, for once.

marcy - Sorry to hear about the situation with your employee. That type of thing is never easy to deal with. Hope your migraine situation is better.
steph - Congrats on the 6am workout! I''ve only done that about a handful of times and I can tell you I have much respect! I''m not a morning person so kudos to you!
Skippy - That''s so nice about the painting! You definitely have to post some photos when you can - I''m sure I speak for others when I say we''d love to see it!
mara - I hear you on the Girl Scout cookies - they ARE everywhere! It takes everything I have to walk past and not snatch up a box of those yummy thin mints
11.gif

RoseRed - Yeah for 2 gym workout days! Keep up the great work and know that it will get easier
1.gif

somethingshiny - Glad to hear that your little one is doing better, and yeah for yoga on bright pink mats
9.gif

Kim - Congrats on getting in a great run!
Rod - It sounds like you and Charlie had a fantastic day. The Sbucks under the oak just paints such a lovely photo in my mind. Enjoy your down time and know the job situation will work itself out for you in good time. And exercise is the best way to help curb depression - keep up the great work!
Lorelei - Great job on the upper body/arm workout! Just think about how awesome your arms will look and feel this summer!

Hi ladypirate! Hope everyone has an amazing day!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today and it was tough as always. My PT partner is super hardcore and today she just wasn''t feeling it, so I had to motivate her by saying "If little ol'' wimpy me can do, you can too!"

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone. Well, the guy came out today to install our new dishwasher and microwave (the refridgerator and stove were put in on Sunday) and everything looks great! I am so happy with what we chose. Now it is on to the cabinets and countertops, then floors....kitchen remodeling is so much fun, but there are sooo many choices for everything.
Adam is working late tonight so dinner was just leftover taco soup from last night. I've been busy here today cleaning because my in-laws AND my parents are coming this weekend. It's funny that we move 3 hours closer to them and they both decide to come the 2nd weekend we've been here. It was like the in-laws were wishy-washy on when they were coming, so my parents decided to come, then the in-laws called and said they were coming...I told them my parents were already going to be down, but they said that's fine! It will be fun, just a little stressful trying to give everybody their time to spend with us since they are only here from tomorrow until Monday. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up some food and am making a big lunch on Saturday. I picked up a Cooking Light to see what kind of recipes I could find and on the cover was a yummy looking mint brownie that I think I will try. Hope everybody has a great night!

SS, I have been doing the Namaste Yoga too and love it! Glad you're liking it, I need to pick up a pink mat too!

Kimi, good job on the 40 min. run!

Rod, that is awesome that the trainer wants to redo your pic....I know it is great when people notice your hard work! About the cake...it wasn't my favorite, it was Boston Creme Pie....if it had been cheesecake, that would have been a lot harder to resist. Anyway, it is in the garbage now so no more temptations!

Marcy, hope you get some nice warm weather soon!

Lorelei, sorry you were in pain from your workout...hope you're feeling better!

Skippy, yea for sleeping well last night! Sounds like we do have similar neighborhoods....there is something going on here every week! Not sure if hubby and I are THAT social with people we don't really know, but I'm sure some of the things will be fun to go to.

Mara, I am feeling the need to detox too. Let me know if you decide to do it and I will do it too!

LP, thanks for the kudos on the early morning workout....I am really not a morning person either. The other people that were in our gym were so talkative and I was thinking wow, these people are so awake for 6am!

PW, yea for hot water! You don't realize what we take for granted until it's gone!

Appletini, good job on the hard workout!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All,

Today was good, I taught my first lesson while being observed by my master teacher. I also ate a donut for the first time in a loooooooong time. A kid brought them in for his birthday and gave me one "special" so I had to eat it, of course.

Patiently Wating, so glad you have hot water again. I couldn't survive without long, hot showers. It's something I look forward to every morning, I hate getting out of the shower.

Skippy, don't apologize for asking me a question! At my highest I weighed 200 lbs. The doctor's scale said 199, the WW scale said 201, so I averaged them. I now weight 125-127. When I initially lost weight my lowest weight was 132, and I gained 3-5 lbs. of that back over 5 years before getting to the weight I am now. There's a 5 year span between the time I weighed 132 and now. I'm extremely verbose lately, this is probably way more than you wanted to know!

We're having tacos for dinner, yummy!

Back to work....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just checking in to say I''m in a better state of mind and THANK you again for helping me through the craving drama. I called another girl friend of mine yesterday who quit this past October and we commiserated for a bit and then discussed all the positives of not smoking and that helped my attitude tremendously.

I''m looking into several volunteer opportunities again to stay occupied until the job thing happens...our local Relay for Life is having their first meeting next week so I think I''ll get involved in that. Nothing like a cancer cause to help you stay away from bad habits!

Going over to a friend''s house in a few minutes to watch AI results show. She Tivo''s it and then we watch after it''s over so we can skip through the endless commercials. We also exchange books every week and she''s a non-smoker, we''ve done this routine for the past few years and it''s nice to have a reading buddy/AI buddy/non-smoking buddy!

Take care everyone! Oh, and Mara, I will be happy to do a detox with you and anyone else who would be interested.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Steph - how do you make your taco soup? I have only had it once and I don''t think the version I had was low fat or low cal. I guess the fritos that went along with it didn''t help!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 9:04:25 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Steph - how do you make your taco soup? I have only had it once and I don't think the version I had was low fat or low cal. I guess the fritos that went along with it didn't help!!

Hey, DQ! Here is how I make it, but you can vary the ingredients to your taste (use different kinds of beans, use ground turkey or rotisserie chicken to change it up). I also add a little scoop of lf sour cream and a bit of 2% shredded cheese to ours. My boys LOVE this.

Ingredients
1 lb. ground lean beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
1 (16 oz.) can black beans
1 (16 oz) can chili beans (either hot or regular) (optional...I do not usually add this b/c of my 3 year old)
1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

Directions
Brown meat & onions and drain.
Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.
Simmer 1 hour (I usually only simmer for about 20 mins or so).
2 Weight Watchers points per cup.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results