shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 29th Jan till 4th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone sounds like they are doing great. nejarb you may not have gone over your cals, it's hard to know when eating out but your dinner doesn't sound particularly bad. i found out last nite that in general lemon tarts (personal sized) are not THAT bad for you calorie wise and we have been seeing them on menus and trying them out (greg loves lemon). we had one at new years along with a chocolate sandcastle thing and the lemon blew the choco out of the water. it was kind of interesting! and the lemon tarts i found online ranged from 200-350ish for a personal serving size depending on what they used for crust. but again way better than a 1k dessert or something for calories. and sharing is great, i try to do that now (except at a few key places where a dessert is my fave and i GET MY OWN!) because it also allows you to taste more flavors in your items than just having one big one. plus most places make desserts huge anyway and all you want is a taste.

so last nite at longs i needed to get more fiber cereal but they only had regular fiber one and no honey clusters since the store is small and doesn't stock everything...so i thought why not...i haven't had this stuff since i think when i was a kid. it was esp intriguing when i saw that a 1/2c serving has 14g of fiber and is only 60 cals. wow. so i mixed that this morning with about 1/2c honey bunches of oats for the sweetness & fun factor and i got a bowl of about 120cal 1c cereal (with milk more like 150) that is packed with fiber AND flavor, its so big i can't even really finish it (but i'm trying since i am not going to eat again til lunch). i love mixing and matching cereals to get new flavors and this one is a big hit for the nutritional value and the low cal count too. some of the peace cereals which i love are super tasty but they are like 220cals for 1c. whereas HBOO is only 120 and it's basically the same idea, clusters of honey oats and cornflakes with some fruit or almonds.

went to bed early last nite to get some extra sleep and i feel better this morning potential sore throat wise. i am going to take another airborne this morning and just keep my fingers crossed. its TTOTM also so i feel extra crappy also since i am trying to take less ibuprofen than i typically do for cramps and so my stomach hates me and my womb hates me too, it's not the best feeling to have your entire trunk system hating you. gotta love TTOTM on top of a stomach ailment. but i feel okay for the most part...just gotta watch my eating today. yesterday i had the yummiest pineapple but it was not til after i consumed some (only a bit) that i realized it was probably acidic and my stomach was going to freak. and it did...i can eat tomatoes and garlic and stuff but it just doesn't like the super acidic stuff and fruit is bad for that. so i have to lay off the pineapple for a bi, at least til after this week til my cramps stop agitating me, which i am super sad about because it was so good to eat a fruit that wasn't a blueberry or banana. SO ready for spring fruit!!!

breakfast this morning was the fiber one and honey bunches mix, coffee with extra milk, and a piece of cinammon danish toast. thank god that loaf is almost gone, it will prevent me from attacking it one day and eating it plain. i love cinammon bread, soooo tasty. better to just not have it in the house, hehe. with greg and i alone it takes way too long to eat things like that.

DJ that carrot cake you talked about got me jonesing, i love carrot cake but i like my mom's homemade version with lots of sloppy frosting, i might ask her to make it soon so that i can have a little piece. kudos on losing waistage...that's where my trouble spot is too, my low waist, so if i gain or lose it shows there right away. also bloat...yikes!

rosebud...shrimp and linguine sounds yummy. seriously guys there are way too many yummy things to eat on this thread and in the recipe thread, what to do? hehee.

oh and i posted a recipe i saw last nite on the rachel ray show that sounds yummy for a bit of a steak splurge, it's cognac sauce pepper steak. it looked SO GOOD when she made it. it's about 450 cals per person if you each eat a 6oz steak though you could maybe make it less depending on cut of beef (though i calculated lean cuts anyway) and also if you use less cream or cognac...i'd pair it with a healthy salad or maybe some roasted alexa fries (120 cals per serving) or maybe both for a splurge night at home with hubby/bf/fiance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE carrot cake with cream cheese frosting - thanks Dee, you have got me jonesing as well as Mara!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 11:45:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
I LOVE carrot cake with cream cheese frosting - thanks Dee, you have got me jonesing as well as Mara!

I do have to say it was pretty darn good... !
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know.
11.gif

It''s my second favorite, right behind German Chocolate.

39.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Still eating well, managed to get an hour of cardio in yesterday and about to head off to the gym for a personal training session and hopefully another hour of cardio.

My trainer weighs me on Mondays, but yesterday I weighed myself and the scales told me I have lost another kg since Monday. Hmm.. I will trust the figure if it stays that way next monday!

Button is still feeling a little unwell and we''ve had a couple of sleepless nights. He''s a lot more vocal today so hopefully he will get better soon.

nejarb - thks for ur sweet words about button! Ellen too!

Ohh nejarb I have a spreadsheet in excel I use to track my calories and exercise. If you want I can upload it here for u. All u need to do is put in what food u ate, and the number of calories next to it and it adds everything up for u over the course of the day and tracks the total calories burned too.

Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work team!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 12:42:00 PM
Author: Ellen

I know.
11.gif

It''s my second favorite, right behind German Chocolate.

39.gif
Ditto....I love carrot cake. ESP with the cream cheese frosting. It''s an option for my wedding cake too, although I love carrot cake, but maybe not for a wedding cake. Yum!
18.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Good job, everyone with the progress!

So far I''ve been doing a great job keeping up with my goals (even though it''s only been a few days) but the hardest part is at night when I''m making dinner then after dinner. I tend to bored munch, so I bought some carrots and broccoli to munch on if I get bored. The night snacking is probably what gets me the most!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got the flippin'' munchies today like crazy. I skipped lunch because we were moving John''s mom and TTOTM starts tomorrow and i just want to eat. 0O I''ve had an oatmeal, an apple, almonds and a yogurt today and I''m just not at all full!!!

We''re going out to dinner tonight. It''s a delicious Moroccan restaurant the food is all reasonably healthy (flat bread, hummus, pork, veggie dishes and beef tenderloin, yum yum!). Nothing fried, no cream sauces etc. just really good, fresh, well prepared food. YUM YUM!! But of course we''ll have dessert!

I managed to work in a workout this morning before heading out, burned 400 calories which is great. Have a terrific rest of the day, everyone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what is really funny? I was advised to look at this thread as it will help me find inspiration for getting back into shape. You are all talking about cake!!
36.gif
It made me giggle!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad I am not that big of a cake person!! ha ha...

I would much rather eat a batch of brownies.... now THAT would lead me to tempation
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so lunch was YUMMY....but so bad for me i''m sure...haha. we had a huge group of people so we had like 20 dishes on the table at any given point in time. i had 2 of my favorites...the pork steamed fluffy rolls...and then one off of other randoms, mostly things like steamed shrimp in a long flat rice dough thing, a spinach and shrimp steamed dumpling, a shrimp dumpling with something else soft in it (tofu?), i had 1/2 of a fried shrimp but didn''t eat the shell part, 2 servings of veggies (bok choy and something else kind of like a broccoli), a semi fried mango shrimp roll (it was steamed but had some fried tempura stuff inside), and then the crowning glory was a steamed custard roll and also i got a mini whatithoughtwaslemon tart but turned out to be this weird creamy custard tart so i just ate the tart shell..lol. in any case i am SO flippin full!!!!! and i drank 2 little mugs of tea and 3 huge glasses of water. i feel like i need to go run around the block or something. but everything was really yummy. however it reminds me why i don''t like eating big lunches, it just throws my whole day outta wack.

but i did great not snacking between breakkie and lunch also, had some decaf green tea instead. not having anything now til dinner...which will be TJ''s chicken rosemary and rice which you just steam in the microwave...it''s very yummy and 1 serving is only 310 cals. and the servings are pretty large...i will probably give greg more rice than i eat as i do typically.

going to the gym tonite as well, hoping to burn 450ish calories esp after the big lunch gorge. hehe. hope everyone is doing well!!

jade what does a kg amount to in lbs?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 4:50:24 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
You know what is really funny? I was advised to look at this thread as it will help me find inspiration for getting back into shape. You are all talking about cake!!
36.gif
It made me giggle!

You''re just lucky you didn''t stumble on this thread the night we were talking about The Magic Bullet, LOL!

Anyway, I''ve been a little snacky myself today but I''ve been very good about writing it all down and paying attention to my choices, so as long as I eat what I plan on for dinner I''ll be at 1225 for the day. Even if I throw in another snack I''m still good.

I think rather than a bike/treadmill workout I''m going to try doing something different on the elliptical. My plan is to put the risers on the flatest option and turn the resistance down lower (so maybe 4 instead of 8) and see how it feels. I just really hate the bike and the treadmill so I''m hoping that I can find various workouts to do on the elliptical that are different enough that I don''t injure myself by doing the same thing day after day.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 5:13:30 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

36.gif
It made me giggle!

You''re just lucky you didn''t stumble on this thread the night we were talking about The Magic Bullet, LOL!

Anyway, I''ve been a little snacky myself today but I''ve been very good about writing it all down and paying attention to my choices, so as long as I eat what I plan on for dinner I''ll be at 1225 for the day. Even if I throw in another snack I''m still good.

I think rather than a bike/treadmill workout I''m going to try doing something different on the elliptical. My plan is to put the risers on the flatest option and turn the resistance down lower (so maybe 4 instead of 8) and see how it feels. I just really hate the bike and the treadmill so I''m hoping that I can find various workouts to do on the elliptical that are different enough that I don''t injure myself by doing the same thing day after day.

I might live to regret this but what is The Magic Bullet?
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 5:15:38 PM
Date: 2/1/2007 5:13:30 PM

Author: Dee*Jay

36.gif
It made me giggle!

I might live to regret this but what is The Magic Bullet?
1.gif

It''s this juicer/smoothie maker thing but my husband thought it was a *sex toy*!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, it''s a small blender maisie.

Had to take an industry colleague out to lunch and he wanted thai. So I just ordered a thai chicken salad with lime and chili dressing. I figure it''s gotta be better than rice and coconut curries!

Mara, 1kg - 2.2 lbs

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! Typical man! They can make anything rude!!
9.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Back to the bullet. I bought the one at Macys - it''s called The Rocket (also sounds dirty
2.gif
). It was $25 instead of $60 or $80 for the bullet.
Anyway, I love it, after the gym last night - I don''t get home till 7 pm, then I go to the gym and sometimes not right away so I usually get home after 9 pm and who wants to cook at that point - not me! So, I put my vanilla whey protein in - 113 cals for one scoop, added a banana, a splach of oj, and ice and it was very good. It got my husbands approval, too. If you have ever had an Orange Julius, it really tasted like that.
I had one of those days where my eating was weird - I was way under calories - I think it was about 800 or 900?
KimberlyH - the fruit did not have syrup in it. Just chopped watermelon, grapes, strawberries, cantoloupe, honeydew and pineapple. I found something on line that leads me to believe about 175 cals for the whole fruit cup - I ate that same one over the past 2 days.
We too had monthly birthday cake at my office – some kind of ice cream pound cake. I took a “smidgen” – How does one measure a “smidgen”. Then, I love to try other ethnicity foods – so one of my coworkers brought in Jamaican Beef Patties and since she is from Jamaica and I told her when we went to Jamaica how much I loved the beef or chicken patties – (not really dieting on vacation of course) she brought them in FOR ME – so how do you refuse? I feel so bad in these circumstances. What do you guys do under these sorts of circumstances? So I took 1/4 of a patty and someone took the other 3/4. I looked it up on line to fine one whole patty has 170 cals. I had bought hummus because this forum got me in the mood. It states it is 10 oz and there are 10 servings per container and 80 cals per serving (it is the Sabra brand if anyone is familiar with that one – it is awesome!). Anyway, so it looks like I will have it for 6 meals. So I figure about 133 cals per serving. I put the hummus on low carb pita – I used to use whole wheat which 1) tasted better and 2) did not bother my stomach. For some reason these low carb products with their additives in it bother my stomach. The cake is what thru me off as in my head I thought oh I had cake, must limit other intake.
So when I got home I had a 130 cal Pria Bar, then did hill program on the ellipse at the gym for 25 minutes that walked on a 10 incline at 4.5 speed for 20 minutes. This was my 3rd workout since Sunday.
Then when I got home I had the smoothie.

So I think my intake was as below.

Breakfast: Special K with Skim Milk: 150 cals
Lunch: Hummus and LC Pita: 260 cals
¼ beef patty 42 cals
cake 80 cals
Snack: Pria bar – 130 cals
Smoothie: 200 cals
Grand total of 862 cals
I am trying to do research on starvation mode. This is terrible and a reason why many people don’t lose weight. This is so not a typical day for my. I am pretty sure I am typically between 1200 and 1500 cals and burning about 2000 cals a week at the gym.

Anyway, I must run, and will write more later – boy, how do some of you get the time to write such long posts? Also, I found some pretty interesting articles regarding those last 5 pounds and how hard it is to lose. I will post them later.

Take Care,

Mer

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
merri...don''t worry about if you have an off day that is really low, that happens to me sometimes too. but just be sure you aren''t consistently going under your min caloric intake...or else then your body might freak out. sometimes if i eat a lot one day aka a saturday night splurge, on sunday i tend to just snack on cereal all day and then we have a cooking light dinner so i tend to be lower on sundays than many other days but it balances out the saturday. or something similar to that. and it''s good you are measuring the snacks and bites of this or that you eat, i read an article about how that can be a downfall to people who just like to take a bite of something here or there...and they don''t remember it or don''t add it in and then are wondering why they aren''t losing or similar.

anyway off to the gym soon. i am still stuffed from lunch!! i might just have cereal tonite if the idea of chicken and rice doesn''t seem appealing. bonus about the TJ''s version is that it''s easy to separate into two and then i can have my portion another time or greg can have it this wkd etc. and i don''t have to actually COOK tonite which is a huge bonus. i think i am fighting a cold so i feel kind of tired and sluggish. of course work is swamped so it''s been pretty stressful from day to day, lots of goals to meet and meetings and all that...it seems like it''s never enough!! anyhow i can hopefully work out some stress at the gym. have a good evening east coasters!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I tried an easier workout on the elliptical and I think that might work for me. I did the paddles on the lowest incline and only a 4 resistance and I felt like I was just walking fast (but without the shin splints that I get from the treadmill, LOL!). Burned 575 cals in an hour, so about 10% less than when I do the higher incline with more resistance. Not bad though, and I think this will work well as an alternate to my usual more intense ellipticizing. (Is that a word??)

I just had a LC peperroni pizza with Classico sauce and now I''m thinking about some chocolate pudding, so I''ll be at 1345 cals for the day.

We''re going out to dinner tomorrow night and then to a party so it''s a good thing I''ve been good all week because I can feel some badness coming on!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
yes jade, that''s great! if that''s possible to upload, i''d really appreciate it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK.....Welcome Maisiebelle and even though I don''t know you, I must agree that there is an awful lot of Cake talk going on........LOL
11.gif
31.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence on helping my employee out. He did join the gym last night. Now, we''ll see if he actually goes and uses his membership. And yes, we did give out all his chocolate, but then today he brought in this huge bag of salted peanuts and by the end of the day, he had pretty well eaten the entire bag. He says his doctor told him he''s hypoglycemic (sp?) and that he needs to eat small meals more regularly, but I doubt the doctor meant he should consume a huge bag of salted peanuts in one day at work. Plus he had this huge salad for lunch. I obviously have my work cut out for me with this one.

It was a lousy weather day in Ralegh. As I was leaving for work this morning, it started to snow and it kept coming down for a few hours, then turned into sleet and then just rain. Traveling wasn''t bad, so that was good, but it was one of those days that felt raw. Still, I had a nice day. Most of my staff stayed home, so it was quiet at the office. I met Charlie for lunch and we didn''t rush through the meal, plus we went to Starbucks and just took our time drinking a nice cup of coffee. Then when they said it was possible the roads would freeze up after dark, we closed the office at 4 pm. Of course the idea was for everyone to go home and be safe, but I went to the gym and did my full workout and actually made it home by before 8 PM. What a luxury. Plus the gym wasn''t crowded at all. The serious guys were there. They''re always there, but then so am I, so I guess I''ve become one of the serious guys. One of the serious guys actually asked me to spot him on free weights. I know I shouldn''t think that''s much of anything, but to me it was a nice compliment.

Foodwise, it was another big salad day for moi. Of course I had my 3 pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate and my Fuji Apple for desert. I don''t weigh myself much anymore. I just got tired of working out so hard, eating so healthy and thinking I should still be losing weight. The scale stopped moving for me, but my body keeps making progress. I guess as long as my pants continue fitting well, I just won''t worry about my weight. And, my friend Mara has been telling me I shouldn''t be so concerned about having some fun food items now and then. And I''ve finally taken her advice.

Tomorrow''s Friday, so you know what that means. Sushi from our favorite Sushi spot, Mura!! I hope everyone''s looking forward to a great Friday.

NOW....STOP WITH THE CAKE TALK ALREADY! THIS IS A FITNESS THREAD FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Just checking in...I''ve been very busy at work...but will be going to the gym tomorrow.

Everyone...keep up the great job!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 10:00:38 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Just checking in...I''ve been very busy at work...but will be going to the gym tomorrow.

Everyone...keep up the great job!
Well you''d better. As 1/2 of the regular male population on this thread, I''m counting on you to stick around and continue working out. Plus Jeff, my friend. Been there done that. Don''t let work dominate your life and not give you the time to take care of yourself and be healthy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol rod well i am glad to hear that someone actually listens to me...!
3.gif

so hit up the gym and wow it's amazing how out of shape your body can get in 3 weeks even though i look probably pretty much the same. i definitely have struggled the last few times on the elliptical even at a lower level...i can feel my body having to actually WORK again. it feels really good but at the same time it's hard! so don't stop, those of you who are doing well..keep at it!

i plugged away through 55 minutes and burned 485 calories, whee. and then i went and did arms for about 10 minutes, lightweight since i didn't want to struggle or pull anything or get all crazy, so i figure 500 cals for the day. which is pretty much where i was previously, but i'm doing things at a lower, slower kinda level i guess right now. but i felt good afterwards so keeping fingers crossed that continues. the funniest part is that i didn't snack all afternoon (except for a blow pop candy at 60 cals that our CEO was passing out...couldn't say no!) and i was full all through workout til getting home. man that dim sum must be filling!
5.gif

at the gym i decided i was going to have cereal for dinner. so i got home, showered etc and made greg his chicken and rice (which smelled yummy but just wasn't THAT appealing) and then ate a bowl of fiber one twigs aka rabbit pellets and honey bunches of oats. i saved a bit of the chicken and some rice in the fridge for us to snack on during the wkd. gotta highly recommend the rosemary chicken and wild rice from TJ's for a dinner because it IS really yummy. when you feel like a real dinner that is! i may or may not have dessert, maybe a biscotti, but i really should be done for the day, haha.

on a positive note, the scale already has me back at 135...135.5 to be exact, so we'll see if it still says that on saturday...and if so then i guess i lost my 2-3lbs i gained which would be sweet. visually i noticed this morning that my belly was pretty flat again so i guess just a few days of eating well will do the trick, it wasn't always the case.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone!

Dinner was salmon and roasted butternut squash. It's been a low cal day, which is good since yesterday was pretty high (we had pork katsu curry for dinner - take out). It wasn't too bad since I had a lower cal daytime yesterday, but it's back on the wagon again...

Oh, and I had my first glass of wine today! I made the entire month of Jan, yay! I set aside some calories in my day to have one glass. Pretty good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Maybe I'll continue on the minimal alcohol thing.

I feel great though...and of course coming here ALWAYS inspires me! So off I go to the gym..............

ETA...back and 600+ calories burned...woo hoo! It's Friday tomorrow...an even BIGGER woo hoo!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh rosebud don't mention brownies. I can't turn down brownies. Mmmm..

mara - a kg = 2.2 pounds (thks TGal!) Man, I love dim sims (we call it yumcha here). Hmm maybe I can go and do more cardio tmr morning and we can have yumcha as a treat.

Haha just remembering about the magic bullet sent me into a fit of giggles.

nejarb - click on the file attached to this post, save to your hard drive and then rename the extension to .xls (instead of .pdf - I had to do this because I couldn't upload a .xls attachment - hope this is not against the rules!) I have 3 pages on this spreadsheet. One is the template, the other is a sample page of how I input my data, and the 3rd page is just where I put the calorie count of frequently consumed foods so I don't have to look it up online all the time. Hope it helps!

rod - good luck with your employee!! It's so nice of you to help!

Ohh TGal let me know if like my butternut pumpkin soup when u make it! I might pick up some pumpkin and make some this wkend too - it's so easy to reach for the campbells packets though!

I have set myself a small goal of burning 1500 calories per week, and I have reached my goal for this week (exceeded it by 500 actually). I am going to see if I am sore tmr because I had a pretty good training session today. If I'm feeling up to it, I might go and do another hour of cardio. Happy weekend everyone!

ETA: Reading back I had wanted to go to the gym 4 times and burn 500 calories each time, so I guess I sorta met my goal in that I have burned 2000 calories but only went 3 times!

Attachments

• Weekly Tracker.pdf
    46 KB · Views: 40

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Rod and thank you for the welcome
35.gif

I seriously need to lose some weight as I am now about 56 lbs over what I should be. I was horrified when I got on the scales! I will be reading your posts with interest and hoping to learn some skills for controlling what I eat and what the best workouts are.

Maisie

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Maisiebelle!

I''ve only been on this thread for almost 4 wks, and already I have lost 4kgs (8.8lbs). Everyone here keeps me very motivated and being accountable for my eating & exercise has helped too.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - Rod! You have SERIOUSLY got your work cut out for you if your colleague thought a whole bag of salted peanuts was a good thing for his hypoglycaemia
32.gif
Still, if anyone can help him it's you, maybe he doesn't know much about nutrition, sounds far fetched but perhaps possible....
That is a HUGE compliment too that one of the Arnie type guys asked you to spot him!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I didn't work out last night as we had to pop out, a lot going on at the moment, but I should be able to really get cracking next week. Funny thing is how you feel thinner if you take a day or 2 off * scratches head...*

Dee, I am so glad (not really) you enjoyed your cake (i am jealous as I didn't get any
15.gif
)
I guess I deserved that though for the seventies revival!
28.gif
(some people love to rub things in!)

Did you ever get a Magic Bullet??
31.gif

Welcome Maisie
35.gif

Good to see you back Jeffrey if I may call you that, we wondered where you were!
35.gif

I am so happy you are feeling a bit better Mara!

Great job everyone!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results