shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 27th Aug till 2nd Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! everyone sounds like they are enjoying the weekend. we have had absolutely gorgeous sunny 80 degree weather here for the past few days and i have been taking full advantage. i remembered my sneakers on friday and snuck out of work a little early to do 50 minutes on the elliptical. then i went for a long hike with my friend and her dog to bask in the sun, followed by a light dinner. saturday i went horseback riding and went to a potluck for dinner. i made a tabbouleh salad with bulgur, parsley, tomato, and eggplant that was pretty yummy. today i went kayaking in the morning for more sunshine and then to a bbq at a friend''s house. i made a blueberry cornmeal cake from cooking light that was quite good. i also had a few tortilla chips with 7-layer dip, a black bean burger, and a little green salad. i kept my eating light prior to dinner on both saturday and today so that i could indulge a bit more at the parties and it worked out well. tomorrow we''re going to a local art, music, and food festival, should be fun.

indy, welcome (again!). i am also a big comfort eater and i find it''s helpful to keep a few things that are low cal so that i can munch without undoing all my hard work. sugar free jello and pickles are a couple of my favorites.

mara, congrats on the treadmill. i love having a bike at home because i can still get in a workout even when i''m crunched for time, plus i can catch up on my tv while i''m at it!

kimberly, i live in a big university town and our football didn''t go so well on saturday...everyone is depressed!

rod, enjoy your lobster!

marcy, that is some big equipment!

skippy, i hope your allergies get better soon.

neatfreak, sorry about your toe. i actually got pulled down by my friend''s dog friday evening (long story!) and have got some scrapes and bruises from that. and i have a horse, so i''ve had broken toes from being stepped on a few times, no fun. feel better soon.

dj, i''m so jealous that you stayed in bed until 11. i fantasize about doing that...

tdiddy, fireworks are so fun, enjoy.

jas, seafood and greek are two of my favorite cuisines, enjoy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I wish I had to go back to work tomorrow; I’m tired from all this trailer work. My parents showed up to help me this morning while my DH was playing golf. We got 90% of the old trailer moved in to the house. My mom washed the dishes for me and I started putting things away in the new trailer. My folks and I went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I ate ½ of a 6 oz steak, 1 roll, the inside of a baked potato and salad. The 3 of us split a marvelous piece of apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce for dessert. As if that wasn’t bad enough my husband and I went to Old Chicago for supper had some Italian nachos and I had 1 ½ pieces of a small pizza. I’m not worried though I worked off any extra calories I might have eaten today. Of course, I may change my mind when I weigh in the morning.
Mara, we know more about our neighbors than anyone would ever want to. LOL. Seriously, we use our telescopes to look at galaxies and nebula – really! You did much better than I did being honest today. What a wonderful present from you grandmother; treadmills do take up a lot of space though.
Skippy, yeah for such a long walk, rats for gaining 2.5 pounds. It will come right back off though. I hope I don’t see a higher number tomorrow when I check the scale.
DeeJay, sorry your Mexican meal wasn’t very good. I agree; it is a shame to waste calories on something less than spectacular. We haven’t decided for sure where we are going next weekend, we want something close to home in case we have issues with something. I can hardly wait.
Tdiddy, I hope your sister’s dream job becomes reality. That would be great. That is very nice for both of you to train together for a marathon. Thank you very much for the nice compliment about what I’ve accomplished in a year; it doesn’t seem like it’s been a year already but what a difference a year has made. Enjoy the fireworks!
Jas, it sounds like eating slowly and small portions is working great for you. All right!
Shortblonde, it sounds like you have a very active and fun weekend. That is great you ate light so you could indulge a little bit at the parties. Good idea! Yes, our scopes are big but they are fun to use.

Well, I must go post the weekly info for my internet class and grade papers. Sunday is the end of the week so I am sure I’ll have lots of labs to grade.
Have a Happy Monday.
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara. I guess they do look like regular t-shirts but you have to understand that for us, we''ve ALWAYS worn oversized t-shirts that totally hid our chests. And these t-shirts really are so much more revealing and lightweight that I DO feel self conscious in them. And they do come from a little shop that cater''s exclusively to ''uber'' guys, so that''s whey I call them our ''uber'' t-shirts. No spandex for Rod and Charlie I can guarantee you, even if and that''s a big IF, we ever developed our bodies to the point that we''d even look ok in spandex form fitting attire. At least for us, those shirts are more ''uber'' than anything we''ve ever worn before, for sure!

Neat, so so sorry about your toe. Toe''s take a long time to heal, so you may find working out a bit difficult for a while. I hope you feel better sooner though.

Skippy, sorry allergies are getting in the way of outdoor activities. And I agree on it getting dark so much earlier. I hate when the summer winds down on that front, but will greatly look forward to cooler air for sure. We don''t get our first cool air until mid October, but once it comes through, we stay pretty nice for a full six months. I hope your god daughter''s birthday party was fun and the gifts you bougth sound so cute!

Lien, like Mara I''m glad you''ve found something that works for you on the weight loss front, but I''m VERY skeptical about "Magic" potions or pills or drinks that supposedly melt fat away. I would be very cautious if I were you and do really encourage you to have that stuff fully analyzed to make sure you''re not putting something unhealthy or even dangerous in your body. Again, like Mara, I think the only healthy way to lose weight is with healthy eating, calorie counting and true exercise. Just be careful, OK?

Marcy, I hope you''re having fun working on the trailer. It''s nice when you have something you enjoy!!

Kimberly, I hope your visit with your parents is/was fun!! And Charlie would agree with you about wine. Me, I''ve kind of grown fonder of interesting beers these days. My father is also more into beer than anything else.

Deejay, sorry you wasted calories on not so good Mexican. Yay for lounging around and hope your elliptical worship session went well!

tdiddy, hope you enjoyed the fireworks in Cincy. We lived in Lexington, KY for 3 years, 1992 - 1995 and used to enjoy going to the river front in Cincy. It''s a much better city than Lexington for sure!!

Enjoy your seafood dinner Jas!!

We had fantastic workouts this afternoon. I actually had planned to drop it down a notch, but wound up working out fully. Then, I came home and washed my car as I couldn''t stand all the dirt on my baby. And that took about an hour and I was working pretty hard, so I think I earned my lobster dinner tonight. Which was to die for. Charlie and I and our friends each split a 5 lb lobster and we had salads and sides and I ate every last morsel of my dinner. Then, and Mara, you''re going to proud of me. We got a slice of chocolate cake (which is really huge) and had them slice it into 4 pieces and I ate ALL my chocolate cake. Yummmm........Sometimes there''s nothing as satisfying as good old fashioned chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

Tomorrow, we''ll not be so fancy a dinner, but we''ll find something fun to fix for the holiday. And we''ll work out for the 3rd day in a row, so I''m not worried about the indulgence''s tonight.

Sleep well my WWT family!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your concern, everyone.

Actually, what I forgot to mention is that this is not a "diet drink" per se. It is simply a herbal tea that people drink just like any other herbal tea, llike mint tea, rose hips tea, ginger tea or even regular black or red chinese tea. Like some chinese tea, it aids digestion. It just happens to have these other qualities too. Also, this lady has been drinking it her entire life and she seems perfectly healthy to me. She started drinking it because her family had been drinking it and she attributes her weight and general well-being partly to this tea. I am sure she''s also quite healthy otherwise.

I am also back to eating healthily, lots of fruits and vegs, exercisinng, but the alcohol thing is taking a bit of a beating (was doing so well before my mum''s death, so have to start all over again).

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend, everyone (I don''t even know what holiday is monday).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found out it''s Labour Day, silly me!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Labor Day!
36.gif
35.gif
Hope everyone enjoys their extra day off, if applicable! DeeJay, no I don''t get an extra day off, so this is just my typical two days off which a customer very kindly reminded me of yesterday, lol! No bother, though, it''s the most sane schedule I''ve ever had working in retail so I can''t complain. No more closing a store one night only to open it in the morning, no more working til 3 a.m. in anticipation of a visit from corporate to turn around and come back 5 hours later and realize they decided not to visit your store that day, I could go on and on, lol!

So I did something realllllly stupid today...I took the Sunday paper outside and thought I''d read a section while drinking my coffee...the sun was shining, the sky was cloudless, and I got all wrapped up in the paper before I realized I hadn''t put on any sunscreen!!!
7.gif
Ohhhh boy, I normally don''t burn but I didn''t get any sun all last month since it was so damn hot outside, and today after just 45 minutes my chest is freaking SCORCHED.
29.gif
I actually had to run to the drugstore to buy aloe vera gel because I don''t even keep any on hand since I''m not usually a burner! I''m sooo mad at myself for letting it happen, I KNOW better, and I quit using the tanning bed over a year ago because I''ve started noticing little fine lines and some extra freckles on my face and chest. I guess the bright side of it is that my face didn''t get burned at all (my moisturizer has SPF 15, tg), so I won''t have to worry about my face peeling this coming week. Even my arms didn''t burn at all, though, and I had a sleeveless top on, so go figure. Wish me luck that my chest burn turns into a tan instead of peeling and going back to pale, lol!

I went inside and realized by the "tan lines" that I had gotten way too much color too fast even though I didn''t appear red yet and put on sunscreen and a tee shirt that covered my chest, then took the doggies for a 2.5 mile walk, the weather was just glorious all day and they loved being outside their fence and saying hello to all the neighbors out taking advantage of the climate as well. It was tough to keep up a consistent pace with them but we walked longer than normal so I made up in distance for what I lacked in speed. Came home and had a Healthy Choice manicotti, broccoli, and caramel apple dessert frozen thingie for 340 calories and 6 grams of fat with only 600 mg of sodium, I am still watching my sodium intake due to my water retention issue from last week, but unfortunately there are only a couple meatless HC''s...Lean Cuisine offers a huge variety but they are all a lot higher in sodium I think so I''m trying not to eat those too often. Dinner was a big salad with a huge sliced tomato from my MIL''s garden (sooo good), and garlic mashed potatos I made from petite red skins and fresh minced garlic sans butter and milk, I did use a dash of salt but not enough to count, hee hee.

DH is finally home after a week of being gone, stopping back in briefly and then being gone again...so good to have him home! We''ll get to spend allll day together tomorrow just relaxing and talking over how our weeks were, I''m so looking forward to it! Again, hope everyone has a fabulous day tomorrow and that the weather is fair for all!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, everyone must be enjoying their holiday. Not many posts today........

Monnie, so sorry about the sunburn. I hope the aloe vera provided some soothing relief! And to think you then followed that up with a 2.5 mile walk with the pooches. Also, I hope you and hubby get to enjoy each other. He sure seems to travel a lot. I used to travel a lot, but don''t have to anymore and I can honestly say that I don''t miss traveling one bit. We don''t even want to leave our beautiful condo on the bay to go away for any length of time these days.

We basically treated today like a Sunday. Coffee, scones and fresht fruit on the terrace (even though it''s still really hot down here in Florida). Then we went downstairs and washed Charlies BMW and ran into many of our neighbors, so it took a bit longer as we had to be sociable of course. So, we took Charlie''s perfectly washed car out and ran right into a major thunderstorm. So much for having a nice clean car. It hadn''t been clean 2 hours before it was dirty again. It is hard to keep a car clean in the summer in Florida, when it rains almost every single day. (Of course we wiped it down when we got back later this afternoon.) We had a quick lunch at Panera, then coffee at Starbucks. Followed by a good solid 2.5 hour workout. It was our 3rd hard workout in a row, and we''re going to do our Monday night sushi on Tuesday instead. Then we''ll work out again Wednesday and Thursday like normal. I had worked my lower body harder yesterday, so today I concentrated on my arms and chest and they''re pretty sore, but I like that feeling.

I forgot to mention that our gym has a few celebrities who work out there. Some you won''t know as they''re local news people, but one guy who works out every single day is Tony Little. I don''t know if you''d recognize him by name, but his famous line is......."You Can Do It!" and he did a bunch of infomercials. I guess the most famous one was him on the Gazelle, which is this leg machine with swinging legs that people bought a few years ago. You might recognize him by the fact that he wears a baseball cap and has a pony tail pulled through the back opening. Anyway, I''ve never spoken to him at the gym. I figure he doesn''t need people running up to him saying his tag line at him, and he really just kind of keeps to himself most of the time. Anyway, last night at the Palm I had to use the restroom and I walked up to the urinal and who''s standing right next to me? Tony Little. So finally, I decided to say hello and tell him that he was an inspiration to me and sometimes when I don''t feel like going to the gym, I hear his voice in my head telling me I Can Do It, and I make myself go. See, Tony was in two really bad accidents and he was told at one point that he''d never walk again, but he worked so hard and completely rehabilitated himself and that''s when he started promoting the Gazelle. So, he really is quite inspirational. Anyway, he commented that he saw me and Charlie at the gym all the time and thought we looked like we were in great shape and that he thinks we''re inspirational. How about that??!! He was a really nice man. So, today when I was getting off the elliptical, I looked at the row behind me and there was Mr. Little and this time he waved at me. I know that''s nothing big, but it was nice to be acknowledged by him.

Tonight, we''re just relaxing and planning a nice swim in the pool and a little time in the hot tub too. I''m not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but at least it''s only a 4 day workweek.

I hope everyone''s having a terrific Holiday today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results