shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 27th Aug till 2nd Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!
35.gif

Pants weather continues to wax and wane, the sun has made a brief appearance this morning.....

I was thinking as I typed in the title of this thread and added the dates, Fall is just around the corner, another year is whizzing by so fast. So now is an excellent time to take stock and really be honest with ourselves where we are at and where we want to be. Good motivators are Holiday parties and get togethers in the not too distant future, we can use the thought of these to keep us going.

It is amazing how much we can change and not realize it through working out. We went to a barbecue Saturday night to some friends we haven''t seen for 5 years. My appearance was greeted with dropped jaws and oohs and ahhs...all because I now work out it seems, some thought that from the back view I was unrecognizable.
33.gif
I must admit the cries of how "stunning" I look felt good
41.gif
especially when so many different people were saying so. Personally I don''t see this as I still focus on my flaws which are still very evident to me, but it is good to know my efforts are noticed.
28.gif
So I found this enlightening that we really are our harshest critics and I have to try hard to accept compliments and feel worthy of them. Old habits die hard it seems.

So bear this in mind, if you aren''t feeling or seeing much in the way of improvements for all your hard work and efforts, it doesn''t mean that other people aren''t noticing big changes in you!! Living in these bodies it seems that we can''t see positive changes the way others do.

Keep up the great work all and Rod I am so glad for you and thanks for the pics of the mean machines!!
30.gif
27.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings friends! I am soooo off schedule and anxious that I''m off my rocker. Friday was supposed to be orientation -- nice little get-to-know-the-place for the newbies. Some coffee, some tours, some expectations. For some reason, despite melatonin and relaxing rituals, I was up until 2 am...getting more and more anxious about how tired I was going to be the next day! (And I didn''t want to mix a Tylenol PM with melatonin. I was worried I wouldn''t wake up!!!) So, of course, with the storms, the meeting was cancelled. Which is good, I suppose, because I would have made a ridiculous impression on 3 hours sleep.

Today is the first day with the entire staff...AND I was called into a "get to know you" picnic for the freshmen class (and parents) because apparently they are anxious about their kids having a 4 month sub. Now, I do understand that, but the parents DID receive my bio and, quite frankly, there is no need for them to be alarmed...I am a well qualified, highly experienced, overly educated teacher. Let''s just hope Zippy the Pinhead won''t be there introducing me as his "sub"!

Of course, I''m also worried about what to wear, as I won''t have time to go home and change and with my luck it''ll be 99% humidity and they''ll want the staff to "bond'' with some friggin outdoor education activity. Let''s hope not. I hate those. I did one once and my "team" dropped me from 6'' off the ground. Got a concussion AND, much better for my reputation, my shirt flew over my head. And of course some a-hole HAD to say, "Nice bra." But I digress.

So that''ll be a dog-and-pony show that goes until 9 at night and then I turn aroudn and go to more all day meetings on Tuesday. I get anxious about how tired something is going to make me, because once I''m tired during the work week, it takes until Saturday to get "right" again.

We''ll see if regular exercise helps in that department. I''m sure it should.

Health wise, since last week, I had lost 1% body fat, which may account for why the scale has remained steady (which is so much better than it leaping up)...but then, this morning, back up 1/2 pound and a few % points body fat so I''ve decided to throw the scale out.
20.gif
I''m going to keep working the Bowflex into the rotation...I love the stretch it gives me, and the tone...but it does add time to my workout and I''ve just got to commit to it.

Rod -- yes, the mind is a b**** sometimes. It knows all of our strengths and weaknesses and sometimes it works from a place of fear -- usually just when we need it to work from a place of strength! And I think your story illustrates how sometimes, ignorance is indeed bliss. Love the car, love the view.

Lorelei -- I love the opening this week. Congrats on your hotness, you hottie.

Marcy -- goodness, you broke the barrier! Yea!!!!!

I have to get ready to leave now...I''ll check in tomorrow!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 5:18:28 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week all!
35.gif

It is amazing how much we can change and not realize it through working out. We went to a barbecue Saturday night to some friends we haven''t seen for 5 years. My appearance was greeted with dropped jaws and oohs and ahhs...all because I now work out it seems, some thought that from the back view I was unrecognizable.
33.gif
I must admit the cries of how ''stunning'' I look felt good
41.gif
especially when so many different people were saying so. Personally I don''t see this as I still focus on my flaws which are still very evident to me, but it is good to know my efforts are noticed.
28.gif
yippee10.gif

36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2007 7:42:50 AM
Author: Ellen

Happy new week all!
35.gif

33.gif
41.gif
28.gif
yippee10.gif

36.gif
36.gif
Hehehe...thanks El!!! I still have such a hard time accepting compliments and they were coming thick and fast that I was confused and blushing!!!! It is so hard to try and believe that I do look good, I know I can make an effort and I scrub up pretty well, but the way some folk were reacting was like I had a whole new body....I honestly can''t see that much of a change, but I guess there must be...
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 8:00:54 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hehehe...thanks El!!! I still have such a hard time accepting compliments and they were coming thick and fast that I was confused and blushing!!!! It is so hard to try and believe that I do look good, I know I can make an effort and I scrub up pretty well, but the way some folk were reacting was like I had a whole new body....I honestly can''t see that much of a change, but I guess there must be...
face20.gif
I can relate, I don''t like big fusses made over me either, as I too have a hard time accepting/believing compliments sometimes. But you obviously deserved them missy, so just revel in the afterglow.
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2007 8:14:03 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/27/2007 8:00:54 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hehehe...thanks El!!! I still have such a hard time accepting compliments and they were coming thick and fast that I was confused and blushing!!!! It is so hard to try and believe that I do look good, I know I can make an effort and I scrub up pretty well, but the way some folk were reacting was like I had a whole new body....I honestly can't see that much of a change, but I guess there must be...
face20.gif
I can relate, I don't like big fusses made over me either, as I too have a hard time accepting/believing compliments sometimes. But you obviously deserved them missy, so just revel in the afterglow.
9.gif
2.gif
Heehee!! I will try!! (good excuse to post this flying emotie too!)

wings.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!

ROD, I''m a little late to say it, but soooo glad you have good health news. Now you guys can enjoy your bimmers with no worries. You''re right, you have had more than enough excitement for anyone for a year - here''s wishing you a "boring" rest of 2007! (filled with all good things, that is.) By the way, I have got some family coming into town and want to suggest some good restaurants for us to go as a group. Can you recommend a few of your favorite spots? I''m still getting the hang of the Raleigh scene. My favorite lately is Vivace in North Hills but I''d like to give them a few options and let them pick, preferably in different price ranges. TIA if you have a minute! Maybe I should go back and review all the good advice you gave Mara before her trip.

JAS, good luck on your new job! I''m always a nervous wreck before a new job so I completely understand where you''re coming from. You''ll do great!!

So I ate two bigger than usual meals over the weekend and gained 2 lbs. Blach! Hoping that''s temporary! I was feeling totally wiped on Saturday and realized I''d been working out at least 7 days straight. Saturday became a rest day and I felt better on Sunday but still not 100% so I had a lighter workout, did the elliptical and stairmaster for an hour but not maxed out effort. Today is my usual Monday butt-kicking spin class! My lower back has been sore (not a usual thing for me) so I need to take care of it. Not sure exactly how, though - just trying to avoid uneccesary bending and crouching.

I was thumbing thru this book over the weekend called "Skinny B*tch" which is written by a model and a nutritionist. It can be summed up as follows: Be vegan, avoid the "white" foods (processed carbs), and exercise. It made sense, but I''m not sure I could be totally vegan. Seems like you give up lots of good protein and nutrients, and I''m sure I''d eat too many carbs. Still, it got me thinking that I should try at least to buy organic meats and try to find producers that are cruelty free, for all sorts of reasons. And I need to research all the mercury etc in fish. Very disturbing what is happening in the environment and to our food sources. Yet it is so much easier and cheaper to just go into the grocery and buy what''s there.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful opening Lorelei!! First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on your "HOTNESS." It is great when people notice our hard work, but you are right, we are our harshest critics and we see every single flaw and often magnify them. Thanks for putting things in perspective you HOTTIE!!

Jas, yes, the mind is a B*****. And thanks........

Gail, thanks as well. I'll take your wish for a boring rest of 2007!!! I so hope the rest of year is boring!! On restaurants in Raleigh, here are our favorites:

1. 115 Midtowne Grill (at North Hills on the same side as Vivace) The sourdough bread, to die for!
2. Mura (for sushi at North Hills directly across from Gold's Gym
3. Second Empire - IMHO, the absolute best restaurant in Raleigh. Period. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful - On Jones Street Downtown
4. Nofo at the Pig - on Glenwood inside the beltline near 5 Points. Cool gift shop upstairs, good food at really reasonable prices downstairs. If you like scallops, you must get the scallop on fried spinach apptetizer - REALLY GOOD. Wednesday night fried chicken with gravy special is so good too!
5. Irregardless Cafe, downtown. One of the oldest restaurants in Raleigh and still owned by the same family. Good food, reasonable prices and it's next to the Comedy Club, so you could have a good meal and then walk next door and see a good comedian. We went on Christmas eve and they have a group that go from table to table and hands you tamborines and bells and makes you sing Christmas carols, but it was a lot of fun.
6. Bloomsbury Cafe - Also at 5 Points, tries to be a Second Empire, and is very good, but if your choice is only one incredible place, go to Second Empire.
7. Sullivans on Glenwood South - Great Steakhouse (aslo expensive) and the only place we found with a live lobster tank full of 3+ pounders or more!
8. Also on Glenwood South - Bogarts. Good food (the crabcakes are excellent) and the atmosphere is fun with big screen TV's all playing Humphrey Bogart movies.

That's about all I could think of. That should give you a pretty ecclectic mix of options. I hope this helps.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Rod,
Thanks a million for all the great restaurants. I have been to Nofo as well - love it! I think they have a legendary bread pudding.
I''ll definitely be sharing these recommendations with the fam, and the hubby and I will check out the places that the family doesn''t!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gail...while all the food we ate in Raleigh was very tasty, there is only one place where Greg and I repeatedly talk about it over and over and I am so sad we may never go there again. It was Big Ed''s City Market/Diner in City Market of DT. It''s not healthy, it''s good ole southern cooking...we went there for breakfast, but the place is so eclectic and amazing...it''s this huge windowed space with a ton of old antiqued farm implements all over the place and all over the walls. Their BISCUITS were TO DIE FOR. Seriously, to this day I am still like I would toss over a schoolbus full of kiddies if there was a tub of those biscuits with butter and honey underneath hahaa. Being from CA we don''t have food like that and it was just great. The rest of their breakfast was great too, we had pancakes, eggs, bacon etc. So my recommend for a breakfast is to take them there for sure one day and let them get their fill of good for your tummy, bad for your diet Southern Cooking.

Other than that out of Rod''s list, Mura for sushi was a great experience for us. Nice ambiance too. And Second Empire for a more upper tier dining experience. It''s funny because we had a GREAT time in Raleigh and we think about it all the time. Too bad it''s so far from Greg''s family...and I don''t want to move anywhere that we are so far from BOTH families. And my parents ain''t goin'' nowhere. So oh well. Maybe we can retire in Raleigh.
2.gif

Happy Monday all....I wish I was sleeping but oh well I am not. My project is def launching today so it''s all systems almost go...I will be swamped today, most likely working late...hopefully not TOO late. Breakfast is a quick kashi go lean mixed with TJ''s organic morning lite, ff milk, coffee. Hopefully some doofus doesn''t think ''I''ll bring in project launch donuts'' or something....doh. Though I should be fine bypassing them, I am in that strong self control mode right now anyway. Last nite''s dinner was VERY yummy...we had antipasti leftover from Sat''s dinner, then marinated tri tip steak, ukraniain sausage and paprika sausage (not lean meats but i only had a few slices of each), a bunch of grilled veggies with evoo and lemon juice with black pepper, and a small baked sweet potato with a pat of light butter and some cinnamon but i only ate 1/2 the sp if even that....i am just not the biggest fan. Dessert was a tiny square of an organic chocolate mint choco bar we picked up at the specialty shoppe previously and we shared with our neighbors, and a scoop of the slow churned choco mint ice cream which is seriously saving my low-glycemic life right now...I look fwd to that each day like no one''s business. And I have other gelatos and things I *can* eat but I just don''t want to. I don''t know why. This just seems more right.

Also I found out that honeydew is really high on the glycemic index but she told me I could have melons, so I was going to ask her about that because I ate about a 1/3 of a honeydew yesterday and I swear once I found out it was high in sugar I felt like I was craving more sugars. Isn''t that odd?? Maybe it was my mind, but I honestly was not happy with how I felt after eating it. Maybe there is something to this whole sugar begets more sugar thing. Hmm. Anyway my day yesterday was still only about 1600 cals, HAVE to figure out a way to eat a little more...but I seriously ate all day and was basically satiated each time. Hmm.

Off to begin my grueling day...wish me luck that I can get home by like 6pm or 7pm and still get a walk in tonite. Gail, take a workout break, I took 3 days off this week and it felt really liberating! I also can get into a groove of working out too much and I think sometimes it does more harm than good for our bodies. Jas, hope you don''t get too much flak from the parents NOR get dropped this time. Lorelei, mega kudos woman for a fabulous bod, you know you have it, you know it, you do.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH and Gail, the Hayes Barton Cafe and Dessertery was another stop we just loved. Super cute 50''s style diner that specializes in burgers and the like...they have AMAZING desserts, MASSIVE cakes and pies. We got a burger each, shared fries, and split a piece of double chocolate pecan pie that still lives on in my dreams. Definitely another splurgey place but super fun around lunchtime too, though busy. We also took about an hour walk around the neighborhood there and gawked at all the beautiful huge homes...a great afternoon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara! I am working on convincing myself I have a hot body, it is so easy to fall back into the old negative patterns but I need to fight it!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning WWTers,

Last night was all about splurging, but only after a good long walk. We probably walked about 3.5-4 miles total around Point Loma and then at Cabrillo national monument. For dinner we went to a Mexican restaurant in OB, it''s been there since 1960 and I don''t think they''ve changed a thing since it opened, YUMMY! I had a carne asada burrito and beans for dinner and ate every last bite.

I am fasting this morning as I have a doctor''s appt. and I didn''t get my blood work from my last physical so I figure I should just do it right after the appt. this time so I don''t go another year without getting it done. Pathetic.

Lorelei, congrats on the compliments!

Have a great morning all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

33.gif
41.gif
28.gif
So I found this enlightening that we really are our harshest critics and I have to try hard to accept compliments and feel worthy of them. Old habits die hard it seems.
HI:

36.gif
You go girl!! You looked (and look) stunning, to be sure!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimmi and Sharon for your kind words!! I did feel good I must admit, also I have recently changed my makeup style for when we go out and I think that may be suiting me quite well too. I actually feel as if I am in my prime right now, it is enjoyable and novel for such a self doubter as myself!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much Mara and again thanks to Rod for the great suggestions. We''ve just moved across town and tend to keep going to our favorite places from the old part of town (our friends are still there) and we NEED to branch out. Having this mini-family reunion is a great reason to check out some new places. Thanks again!
Mara, funny that you loved the biscuits so much at Big Eds. We''ve got to check that place out. Biscuits are practically their own food group here in the South! I don''t really like bkfst meats, but I know that''s a popular way to eat them i.e. sausage biscuit, also there''s biscuit and gravy (not sure what that''s about), I like the biscuits with butter and honey or with egg, or just plain! But I try to stay away since they are addictive and totally empty cals. Still you gotta splurge every now and then. I love brunch foods generally! Even if you don''t have anywhere to get biscuits in Cali I don''t think it''s hard to make them - you can use bisquick for an easy recipe. I think it''s great that you liked the Raleigh area. I thought maybe you would find it boring, so I''m glad that you didn''t!

We made a really good, mostly healthy dinner last night using our favorite cookbook, How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. Man, that guy has great recipes for everything! We did a grilled red snapper, with mushrooms sauteed in evoo and garlic, and a salad. The only thing I don''t like about the cookbook is that he uses more evoo or butter than I would, but I usually just reduce the amount and it still comes out fine. The reason I say our dinner was "mostly" healthy is that DH was in charge of the fish and he didn''t reduce the butter called for, but oh well.

Also made some great smoothies the other day, using haagen daas mango sorbet with OJ and milk cmbined in a blender. Copied the ingredients from my fave ice cream parlor and improvised the quantities - came out great!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gail i have had bisquits before...i actually typically don''t like them. so i was like eh bisquits, how great can these be. OMG. i ate the whole basket myself.
5.gif
okay i let greg have one.

so i really don''t want any cheap bisquick non-southern imitations hehee. i need the real thing!!! if we ever get out there again i am so eating my fill. hehee. enjoy!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning wwt! just a quick checkin to say hello. i had kashi go lean for breakfast and tuna with fresh spinach on whole wheat for lunch. i have been buying the pepperidge farms very thin 100% whole wheat lately and i really like it. it''s got the texture of regular bread (i find alot of the reduced cal ones to be too soft and mushy), but sliced very thinly so that each slice has only 35 cals. a sandwich with 2 slices works quite nicely without adding in lots of excess bread cals. i also had some red grapes with lunch. this afternoon i''ll have a skim latte and a clif z-bar before my 45 minutes on the ellipical at the gym. not sure of the plan for dinner yet...probably morningstar fake buffalo wings and broccoli slaw.

lorelei, congrats on the compliments, i am sure you deserved them!

jas, hoping your day goes smoothly and you will be able to relax tonight.

gail, i have tried to become better about making more responsible choices at the grocery store. i really disapprove of alot of the prevalent agricultural practices and decided it was time to vote with my purchases. i don''t eat meat, but i have been buying organic dairy and eggs to avoid added hormones and antibiotics and i try to make responsible fish choices as well (although that is a bit harder for me, since i really like some of the "bad" ones!). it is definitely more effort than just buying whatever''s convenient, but i think it''s worth it.

mara, my grandmother, who lived all her life in rural georgia, made the most amazing biscuits ever. i was so spoiled by them that i really can''t eat any others. my cousin lives in raleigh, so next time i visit i will check out your recommendation and see if they compare!

kimberly, i hate fasting for bloodwork because i have blood sugar issues and i get all lightheaded and shaky. hopefully it''s easier for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Monday. The day when all the fun begins again. Happy Monday!
My scale said 200.0 this morning. I know it will come right back off but today I’m in the 100’s poundage. Rats.
Lorelei, great reminder to take stock of where we are and where we want to be. We are out own worst critics and see ourselves all the time so the minute changes we notice are what we focus on when everyone else sees the big changes we’ve made. Congratulations on making quite a stir at your BBQ. You had to be the center of attention – and well deserved it is.
Jas, sorry to hear you had such a terrible night of sleep the other day. I do that too; it get so wrapped up in not getting any sleep you just keep watching the clock and never do really get back to sleep. I especially do that when I have to get up early for some reason. I hope your day went well and you were treated with the admiration and respect you deserve. I am sure your students will love you and that is the best way to get recognition and attention. Yes, I did break the barrier briefly, I am sure it will happen again soon.
Hi Ellen, I am sure you deserve many compliments as well!
Gail, sorry to hear you got tired this weekend but I am glad you were feeling better yesterday. I am sure those 2 pounds will come right back off. I hope your back is better.
Rod, I’m with you and Gail. I’d take a boring rest of 2007 as well.
Mara, I can believe melons are high in sugars. Of course, I am buzzing right now from the 5 oz of coke I just had – much worse than you honeydew melon. I couldn’t decide what to fill out my calories for lunch. I had a lean cuisine entrée and some raw veggies so I decided those cokes looked really good. I have a long day today so decided to go for a buzz; I’ll probably be sorry really soon. I hope your day isn’t too long.
Kimberly, your long walk yesterday sounds great. Good luck with your physical.
Hi Sharon!
Shortblonde, my mom’s biscuits sound like your grandmother’s biscuits. Of course they are best smothered in melted butter. I am sure I just gained 2 pounds thinking about them.
Well, I must get back to work. Then I will venture on to school and be home to grade online papers so I hope to check in tonight but I’m not sure when.
Take care.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Yay, so everything seemed to check out okay at the MD, except that I was supposed to go see an ENT doctor per my last annual visit and haven''t bothered to do so. I''m really dreading that I may have to get hearing aides (I''ve lost all of my lower register hearing according to a simple test my PCP did last year and she wants me to have it checked out).

I was so hungry by the time we finished and we still needed to go do a few things, so we stopped at a diner and I had 1/2 an omlette and some hash browns...no more food until dinner for me!

Marcy, I''m sure the weight will come off in no time!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, that is wonderful to hear those nice compliments! I bet it makes you feel good for all your hard work! KUDOS!

Jas, I hope the picnic goes well; who wouldn't like you. You are so much fun and so sweet! I hope pinhead isn't there either, ugh! They will love you!! Yay, for losing body fat!!!!

Hey Ellen sweetie!!!! Great job getting compliments too! I get embarrassed and don't like compliments since I am shyabout that stuff. I am not shy about other stuff; go figure
20.gif

Gail, yay for 7 workouts and you will lose the 2lbs in no time!

Mara, I hope your project launching goes well and no kinks. Where would I find your mom's chicken noodle soup recipe; I want to make it for hubby tonight??? TIA

Kimi, my friend does a long walk at Point Loma; she says it is really beautiful! Sounds like a nice dinner! How is school? I am thinking of taking a sewing class for fun.

Shortblond, sounds like you are eating healthy!

Marcy, when you say rats it makes me laugh. hehe You will lose it in no time!

Rod, is it sushi palce #2 tonight! Cheers!

I had to run around town to get grocery's and hubby is super sick so I had to get him cough drops and prescription and now trying to figure out how to make chicken noodle soup (he is the cook in our family). I can bake but I am not sure how to make soup. I hope to find Mara's chicken soup recipe but can't find it now that I need it. I hope to get a walk in, but I am feeling exhausted. We will see. Happy Monday or Busy Monday!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, i hope your hubby feels better. sounds like he has what I had last week and it''s just miserable. Chicken noodle soup is yummy, if he can taste it
41.gif
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:08:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
skippy, i hope your hubby feels better. sounds like he has what I had last week and it''s just miserable. Chicken noodle soup is yummy, if he can taste it
41.gif
1.gif
Thanks Mrs. Salvo, you are such a sweetie pie. Gosh, I am sorry you were sick. How are you feeling now? I bet you are such a cute preggo!!! I bet your girls are super duper excited for a new baby!hehe
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:11:17 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/27/2007 7:08:26 PM

41.gif
1.gif

Thanks Mrs. Salvo, you are such a sweetie pie. Gosh, I am sorry you were sick. How are you feeling now? I bet you are such a cute preggo!!! I bet your girls are super duper excited for a new baby!hehe
9.gif

I''m feeling much better thanks to tylenol sinus and hubby turning into to superdad and taking care of the girls so I could just sleep. So far, I haven''t gained any weight which I will make up for at some point. i gained almost 40 lbs with both of my girls. Once i start looking pregnant and not just like i quit working out and am chubby, i''ll post some pics. the girls are VERY excited about the new baby, but saying daily prayers it''s another girl
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:32:12 PM

I'm feeling much better thanks to tylenol sinus and hubby turning into to superdad and taking care of the girls so I could just sleep. So far, I haven't gained any weight which I will make up for at some point. i gained almost 40 lbs with both of my girls. Once i start looking pregnant and not just like i quit working out and am chubby, i'll post some pics. the girls are VERY excited about the new baby, but saying daily prayers it's another girl
9.gif
Oh my goodness, you girls are adorable!!! I love that(the daily prayers); too cute! I am glad you are feeling better. You take care of yourself so I am sure you won't have a problem losing the wieght after the baby! Pics will be fun
9.gif

ETA: I am off to make soup; crossing my fingers it turns out good and MRS. S has a good point. . . if it isn't good he might not be able to taste. heehee
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG all this biscuit talk is EVIL!! I LOVE real biscuits
30.gif
30.gif
. Fortunately, they aren''t easy to find around here. FYI Mara - there''s a club just off Union Square in SF, called Biscuits and Blues, that makes killer biscuits. Yum
18.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif
BISCUITS!!!!! i love them...bobs big boy had great ones for a fast food place....i smell heaven now
9.gif

happy new week all...i went into work a few days early to get a bit organized and i made more of a mess than was there. i wound up drinking tea and chewing gum all day and binging on dinner when i got home, so now i feel yuck. i just lost track of the time and forgot to eat. when i go in tomorrow i''m bringing lunch. i didn''t have to work out because i was carrying stuff and running around all day.
1.gif
but i have been eating really well otherwise...my sweets are in small doses and i''ve been really paying attention to my portion size which helps and makes me feel better and not as if i overate. usually if its on my plate i eat it even though i wasn''t hungry for the whole thing (i usually feel the--there are starving people in china guilt trip---thanks mom!
11.gif
) portioning my meals has made me feel more energetic and less sluggish. we''ll see wednesday if the pounds have come off yet. i refuse to weigh myself more than 2x a week now...i think i was getting obsessed with the #''s instead of how i felt...i would look in the mirror and feel great til i stepped on the scale, then i felt bleck....the scale is NOT my friend and distorts your body image---thats what i remind myself of now when i''m about to step on that darn scale.

woohoo lorelei for looking so good...keep it up!
36.gif

hey gail don''t fret over the 2 pounds...it''ll comer right back off.
2.gif
as for the skinny biaatch...be vegan!!!??? are they nuts?!?!?! that book sounds like it was written by those animal extremist fur haters...lol
hi rod
35.gif

hey mara, is it getting harder or easier to stick to the diet the nutritionist gave you. my friend also went to a nutritionist and did something similar and she found it to be harder after a few days because she craved certain foods. your body probably wanted more sugar after eating the honeydew...i think going cold turkey w/ the sugar put your body into shock..lol.
hope the dh feels better skippy.
8.gif

hope you don''t get nautious today mrs. s...happy baby
36.gif
36.gif

hope everyone has a great week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nyc...i actually don't have many cravings really, i don't typically. i don't find today harder than a few days ago. today was REALLY stressful (still is, my project launch is stuck and we are having to go to plan B until the morning most likely, i'm still at work waiting for someone to get back to me on what our options are)..and i was like gosh a donut sounds so good right now but i haven't had anything to eat since lunch just due to time constraints...so that's good hahaa. at this point i just want to wait to eat til dinner.

but i really don't have a problem with finite periods of time. also the honeydew, i think it was just so sweet that my body was like WOAH...because i really have not had much sugar like that for days. the luna bar per day and ice cream scoop is as much sugar as i am really getting at this point. i also wasn't eating a ton of sugar before anyway...so i don't think i have withdrawals to go through or anything if that makes sense.

ahhh wish me a speedy exit from work at some point....!! i just want to go home and lay down...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s...Lorelei, how cool that you got lots of compliments on your fab physique, it sounds like you really are feeling good about yourself and that is awesome. There''s nothing like that feeling of knowing you''ve been working hard towards a goal and accomplishing it and having others recognize it, even if you aren''t comfortable with a lot of attention...having achieved self-image goals really does a lot for a person''s quality of life, imo. Good for you!!!

Jas, I know what you mean about getting anxious over worrying that you won''t wake up and then not being able to sleep...I went through that a few times last week when I started my new job, it''s getting better now though. I found some Sleepytime tea from Celestial Seasonings that''s very tasty and you don''t have to add sugar or honey, it''s that good. Very relaxing, maybe it''s all mental but it really does help me unwind a bit and fall asleep a little faster. I try to drink a cup at 9 p.m., get in bed by 10 after preparing everything for the morning (clothes laid out, coffeemaker set, handbag switched if needed, etc.) then I read a bit and turn out the lights when I feel myself starting to lose focus on what I''m reading. However, I''ve had trouble staying asleep so I frequently wake up and can''t get back to sleep so I hop on PS sometimes until I''m sleepy again. One of these nights I think my routine will actually stick and I''ll be able to fall asleep and stay that way, lol! Hope your anxiety goes away soon and good job on the 1% body fat loss, and I think it''s a good idea for you to mix it up with the Bowflex.

Gail, I''ve heard of the Skinny Biotch book, I''ll have to check it out from the library if they have it and read it. I am vegetarian wanting to go vegan, but haven''t been able to give up pizza and lasagna with cheese so far...hopefully I can accomplish that goal this fall, I''d love to at least try it for a while and see how my body adapts. The problem for me is getting past the mentality of feeling really restricted and limited in food choices, and I''m not a fantastic cook and not really into spending a long time in the kitchen to deal with new things like tofu and all that, so I''m taking baby steps. Don''t worry about those two pounds, I''m sure they will disappear sooner than you think.

HotBodRod, your post made me salivate...fortunately nothing leaked out of my mouth onto the computer, lol! I''ve never tried fried spinach, I love spinach but fried? Hmmm, sounds pretty good! (Sorry, no scallops for moi, even when I ate seafood I didn''t care for them for some reason.)

Mara, yummmooo for southern cuisine...my family owns a 24-hr. truck stop/restaurant in my hometown and they have biscuits, biscuits and gravy, country fried everything, and their milkshakes are the honest to god old fashioned real ones, people come from miles around just for those. Oh, and did I mention homemade pies made fresh daily, displayed in one of those old fashioned pie cases? Yeah, peanut butter pie, coconut cream, chocolate, french silk, pecan, banana cream...luckily my mom didn''t cook southern style, she grew up in WI and never fried anything and was mindful of what a healthy diet actually consisted of, so I didn''t really grow up eating that kind of food but I enjoyed it during holiday family get togethers. Sweet potato pie with marshmallows and candied pecans was one of my favorites, I''ve tried to make my grandma''s recipe before but it''s not the same, lol! My dad still has my mom make him biscuits and gravy and grits sometimes on Sundays, he grew up down there and while he eats healthfully for the most part, he always looks forward to southern treats.

Kim, hope everything turns out well with your physical, I HATE fasting, lol! Before I had my oral surgery I was so upset knowing I had to fast the night before and morning of, especially since I knew I couldn''t exactly come right home and raid the kitchen, lol! TG for smoothies and blenders.

shortblonde, sounds like you''re doing really well! I, too, don''t eat meat but buy organic eggs and milk for hubby...he couldn''t understand it at first but when I explained to him more than a few times why they were more healthy he''s on the bandwagon now. Does your DH mind, or has he questioned your shopping choices?

marcy, don''t worry! You''re just experiencing the body''s silly fluctuations, I''m sure it will come off in no time. I haven''t been on the scale for a few weeks now, too many changes going on in my life with the new job and DH traveling a lot, I''m trying to keep track of what I eat again by writing it down but mainly I can tell how I''m doing by the way my clothes fit.

Kim, just read your latest post, sorry to hear you''ve lost some hearing ability! Hopefully you won''t have to get HA''s yet, I''m sure that will be a little difficult to adjust to.

Skippy, sorry your hubby''s not feeling well...you''re a good wife running around to get him the essential to make him all better! I take it he''s not a Campbell''s can of soup kinda guy? Load up on your vitamin C, hopefully you won''t catch his illness!

Hi Mrs. S, glad to hear you''re feeling better and are resting...I''m with Skippy, I bet you are an adorable pg gal!

So I got all my errands done today, lots of driving around, bank, grocery store, etc., then I came home and walked both doggies for about 45 minutes and sat down to pay bills. Not a very fun day off! At least the weather was decent, not scorching hot here anymore and the sun was out which always brightens my mood. I''m having a terrible time figuring out what to wear this week...I''m right at that in between sizes point right now, where I can almost fit into some of my dressier pants and outfits from a couple years ago but they feel a little snug, and my work clothes from even last year are a bit too loose. Drat! Plus I really, really am in need of a cut and color, my hair grows way faster in the summer months and my highlights have grown out a good 2.5 inches just in the last 2 months, the condition of my hair is still healthy, no dead ends, but the salon I normally go to is open exactly the same hours as I work now so I''m going to have to find a new place I guess, and also I don''t want to spend a ton of $ on my hair right now...sheesh.

I am going to work on my arms again tonight...I didn''t keep up with that aspect last week and amazingly I looked in the mirror today and they seemed a little flabbier (not that they''re flabby, maybe it''s my imagination). I had a nice baby greens mixed salad with chopped pecans and jumbo golden raisins with ff raspberry vinaigrette dressing with a TJ''s frozen veggie lasagna for dinner, and right now I''m having a glass of pinot grigio while the dogs are napping. DH is OOT as of today through Thurs. night, then he leaves again Friday morning and will be gone through Sunday, boo. I''m super worried about leaving both dogs at home all day long tomorrow, but I have no other choice, it will be the first time I leave the puppy out with the run of the main floor. I can''t leave her in her crate for 9.5 hours, so I''m Daisy-proofing the main floor and will keep my fingers crossed that the place won''t be completely torn apart when I get home tomorrow night. Fortunately we have hardwood floors, I''m going to roll up the area rug just in case someone has an accident...
20.gif
I love my dogs to death, but jeez, they are a lot of work! They got spoiled this summer with me being home all the time and getting used to coming and going in and out whenever they pleased, so tomorrow will be a test of my behavioral training with them, well I guess just the puppy (almost 1 yr. old), Milo is an angel and just sleeps all day if left alone. Wish me luck!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results