shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 27th Aug till 2nd Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best biscuits I had were at the Lady and Son''s (Paula Deen of the Food networks) restaurant in good ole Savannah, GA; they aren''t just any biscuits. . . they are Cheese Biscuits!!!
18.gif

NYC, good planning on snacks and lunch for tomorrow. Glad you got a workout in (running around); those can be the toughest ones! You will lose those couple lbs!

Monnie, one of my close friends has a Milo and he is a basset hound. He sleeps all day too. hehe The puppy sounds cute, actually both your dogs sound sweet! Glad you got a workout in!

Mara, I hope you get to go home soon!
Hey AG!!

Well, I made chicken Noodle soup since hubby is always sweet and takes care of me when I am sick so I couldn''t give him canned soup. As I was rushing to finish making it and get out the door for my walk I spilt tomatos on my new tennis shoes, dang! Oh well.

I got 3 miles in but got side tracked talking to neighbors because one of our neighbors passed away. These past couple of years a lot of neighbors have passed away and it is very sad but the people on my street are a mixture of younger and much older people. We have a nice group on our block, but it is sad to become friends w/them and then to see them pass. I guess that is life but it still is hard.

Sweet dreams my kind PS Friends!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, thanks for your kind words. Basically my MD said the sooner you get them the better of you are. I really have my fingers crossed that the ENT I''m seeing in Sept. will say "pushaw, you have no hearing problems" but I think it''s a fantasy. My family and friends have always told me I''m loud, especially in settings with lots of background noise, but it wasn''t until I moved to San Diego that anyone namely, John, said you need to get your hearing checked, something is not right. So now I know that I''m not just "loud" but it''s still embarrassing and I''m extremely self conscious about the idea of having to wear HAs at 30.

We had pasta for dinner...it was yummy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 10:56:42 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Monnie, thanks for your kind words. Basically my MD said the sooner you get them the better of you are. I really have my fingers crossed that the ENT I'm seeing in Sept. will say 'pushaw, you have no hearing problems' but I think it's a fantasy. My family and friends have always told me I'm loud, especially in settings with lots of background noise, but it wasn't until I moved to San Diego that anyone namely, John, said you need to get your hearing checked, something is not right. So now I know that I'm not just 'loud' but it's still embarrassing and I'm extremely self conscious about the idea of having to wear HAs at 30.

Oh Kimi, I too hope that you can hear and it isn't as bad as your MD thinks it is. I have a guy friend who wears a hearing aid; I honestly don't even notice them. I wil pray you don't need them though.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

When I was thinking about my workouts last week I realized I only made it to the gym two times, Wednesday and Sunday. Yikes! So what do I do tonight? Skip it again of course.
20.gif
Actually I had a TON of things to do for my new clients and I really need to stay on top of the communications, which is really hard to do since I''m still in my other job full time. The good news is one of the people that I almost had to physically drag off the sidewalk and into an open house I did several months ago just told me tonight that she really likes the properties I''ve been forwarding to her and she would like to go and look at some of them after the holiday weekend is over.
36.gif

My eating today was really very good until that urge for wheat thins smeared with margarine come over me... and then it got followed up with a piece of toast with apricot jam. Except for that carb frenzy at the end though I was quite disciplined, and I not only took a long walk over to the Architectural Foundation at lunch, I also went on two walks with the HH and the pups today so I''m just going to pretend it all balanced out.

Lorelei, funny you should mention holiday parties. Just today the HH and I were talking about when to do the annual get-together for my clients and I was just SHOCKED that it''s almost time to start planning that again. WHERE do the years go?!

jas, how did your day go today?

Ellen, your emoticons (sp?) never fail to crack me up!

Gail, I hope your back feels better soon.

Rod, you should really write a tour book, your guidance is always so wonderfully thorough!

Mara, how goes the detox? I was thinking of you this morning when I stopped in the little fruit place on my way to the office and I purposefully didn''t get a banana because I knew it was on the "bad" list LOL.

Kimi, I certainly hope you don''t need hearing aids, but if you do some of they are SO tiny now that you wouldn''t even notice them. One of my clients had not one but TWO and I totally would not have known if she didn''t tell me at one point.

Hello Sharon!

Shortblonde, I''m definitely going to get the HH to pick up the PF bread. I''ve been making sandwiches with these grim white hamburger buns that are only 80 cals each, but the bread sounds much more appealing.

Marcy, don''t worry one bit about those few extra ounces--you will drop them right off in no time!

Stephi, you are so sweet to make your hubby chicken soup when he''s sick!

Mrs. S., glad to hear you are doing better, and it''s so cute that the girls are already excited about the new baby.

AG, I''m with you on the *evil* biscuit talk. The power of suggestion is an amazing thing and I''m sure if there were biscuits anywhere within a 10 mile radius of my house I''d be out there eating them right now, LOL.

NYC, good for you for giving the scale less control over your life. I *almost* didn''t get on mine this morning (after three huge dinners out in a row) and as soon as I got on there and the number registered I wished I had listened to my first instinct.

Monnie, I''m so sad to have missed you and Irish at the gem show yesterday! We will absolutely all have to go together in December, and a Sunday is fine with me because the open houses are dead after Thanksgiving anyway.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2007 10:56:42 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Monnie, thanks for your kind words. Basically my MD said the sooner you get them the better of you are. I really have my fingers crossed that the ENT I''m seeing in Sept. will say ''pushaw, you have no hearing problems'' but I think it''s a fantasy. My family and friends have always told me I''m loud, especially in settings with lots of background noise, but it wasn''t until I moved to San Diego that anyone namely, John, said you need to get your hearing checked, something is not right. So now I know that I''m not just ''loud'' but it''s still embarrassing and I''m extremely self conscious about the idea of having to wear HAs at 30.

Well...I hate to compare the two as my situation isn''t permanent, but having braces at 30 has definitely made me realize I can''t indulge my "vain" side near as much. I know it''s apples and oranges but I think I do have some sort of understanding of your apprehensiveness to get HA''s if you end up having to. On a somewhat bright side, at least you have beautiful dark hair to cover your ears with if you choose, i think it''s somewhat easier for women who wear HA''s to be able to take some of the attention away from the actual appliances since they can wear makeup, jewelry, have long hair, etc... I just saw a guy our age with a very short haircut this past week with HA''s and for him there was no hiding them even though they were the same color as his skin and as small as they could be. I am wishing you the best of luck that you maybe won''t have to get them, but if you do, I''m here to support you if or when you get down about having to have them. Gosh, it''s amazing how much you can care about someone you''ve never met irl but have come to know virtually through the years...I care a lot about you! LOL, enough with the mushy stuff, you''re a strong woman with a very level head on her shoulders and you''ll get through this just fine.
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Skippy - I''m still reading the thread (and still losing weight and inches, albeit a bit slower now), just haven''t been posting as much because I''ve been having a really busy time in my lab.

DJ - I was so distracted with all the biscuit talk and craving something yummy and evil so badly that I finally tried the cake mix and diet soda thing, and I have to say it was YUMMY - hubby and I both really liked it and I was pleasantly surprised at the size of a slice for 160 cals - nothing nutritionally compelling in there, but they were all yummy chocolatey calories
18.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. What a long day! I was at work at 7:45, worked till 5 then taught class from 6 to 9. I only had 6 papers to grade when I got home so I have 26 minutes before I must get to bed. I am so excited my Land’s End’s fleece jacket and winter coat both arrived today and I love them. I always eyed them but they didn’t have them in my size before. Now I didn’t even have to order plus sizes. Woo hoo! I told my DH when I had both of them on at the same time I will be laughing at the cold this winter. He did not believe me since I am ALWAYS cold.
Mara, your nutritionist is so right. My coke gave me a buzz, I craved more sugar in about 30 to 40 minutes, got hungry, crashed and burned about 90 minutes later and all for drinking 5 oz of coke. Will I do it again? Probably - but not for a long time.
Kimberly, I am glad everything checked out okay at the doctor. Good luck with your hearing test. I think I already lost my extra pounds so I should be okay tomorrow.
Thanks, Skippy. I think I’ll be back in the 100’s tomorrow. Sorry to hear your husband is so sick and you must not be feeling too perky yourself since you are so tired. Chicken soup should hit the spot. I hope you both feel great soon. I am sure Paula Dean’s biscuits had a ton of butter in them. We watch the food network at work and we often call her names because she always is cooking something so good and fattening. I am sorry you got tomatoes on your new shoes. Maybe one of those little shout it out pads will help clean it off.
MrsSalvo, I am glad you are feeling better. Your husband is a real sweetheart to take care of the girls while you are sick.
Amber, mmm biscuits. I have my mom’s recipe but don’t make them often. My hubby is always glad to see me make them though. He’s a biscuit / gravy man. I just slather butter on them. Congrats on loosing more weight and inches.
NYC, what you see in the mirror is so much more important than what an evil scale says. I hope you feel better soon. Good idea taking food with you tomorrow.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Monarch. That is great you are getting in to your old clothes. It is so fun to wear old “new” clothes. I agree watching how your clothes fit is an easy way to keep track of where you are.
DeeJay, yeah for getting another client looking at houses. I like crackers with whipped cream cheese but always limit myself to 3 (that works for a 100 cal snack sometimes). Thanks for the kind words; I am sure my extra lbs will be gone tomorrow.
Well, I have 2 minutes to go so I can go check out other PS topics.
Take care and have a great Tuesday!
Marcy

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Crazy week, just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS ROD!!!

And Kimberly, I''ll be thinking about you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went mad last night and did 1 hour and 10 mins of cardio, Hubby was shaking his head saying I was overdoing it and that 1 hour is plenty and that you don't get any extra benefits by going over that time....
34.gif
But I was on a roll and enjoying it! Fitness feels good!!

Kimmi I am keeping my fingers crossed the hearing checks out.

Dee, it is terrifying how fast time goes, I was noticing the sun's position has changed and thus I am seeing more autumn light, some days there is a chill in the air and also the smell of harvested onions from the fields ( makes you hungry though!) These are all signs of the year getting older and Holiday thoughts are just around the corner!!
emotion-19.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei isn't it crazy how fast time flies??? Gosh some of us on the WWT have been here well over a year now...!! Kudos on a long workout, somteimes you can just go forever. And tell hubby I doubt the extra 10 min will kill ya...hehe.

Morning all, it's the ungodly hour of 5am now...my project is finally launching so the team is standing by. At least I didn't get woken up at 3am...hahaa.

So last nite I got home at 8pm...Greg had rehearsal so I made myself a TJ's chicken cajun sausage with some egg whites in a scramble with 2 pieces of sprouted bread toast with some light butter and it was heavenly. Slow churned finished off the night. My day was about 1600 cals so at least I am finally breaking the 1500 barrier!! It's so hard for me to eat more, even though I know now that my body burns 1530 cals just by sitting around doing nothing...so I should at least be eating that nevermind more to make up for my workouts. I sooo wanted to go for a long stress relieving walk last nite but did not have the energy or the daylight time left unfortunately. Oh well. Tonite I am hoping to get a hike in after work.

LOL re the evil biscuit talk. Gosh why was I spelling it with Q's...anyway I wouldn't have gone out and had a biscuit since I CANT but I like thinking about them. Does anyone else do that? Like where the thought is almost as satisfying as the food itself? hehee. Better for you too. AG I will have to check out that SF joint at some point, Greg would love it too. Obviously after the 2 week detox. hehe.

Sorry to hear about the hearing loss Kim...I have a friend who is loud but I think she is just loud...hehe...it's her exuberant personality. Monnie how is the new job going?

Anyhow, hope everyone is gearing up for a good day!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 8:23:37 AM
Author: Mara
Lorelei isn''t it crazy how fast time flies??? Gosh some of us on the WWT have been here well over a year now...!! Kudos on a long workout, somteimes you can just go forever. And tell hubby I doubt the extra 10 min will kill ya...hehe.
I thought you were up and about early Mara! The time has just whizzed past and also it is great how this thread has evolved with some of us posting on it for a long time now! You know how it is, I was just really on a roll with the workout and enjoying it, Hubby was fretting as usual that I was doing too much as it is my normal MO with everything! I like to get stuck in and get enthusiastic with most things and I will tell him that an extra 10 mins won''t kill me, he can be such an old fusspot when he wants!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I weighed 199.2. Woo hoo!!!
Hey Allycat, I hope this week is less crazy for you.
Lorelei, it sure feels like fall around here too. I am delighted to report I’ve been given a reprieve and don’t have to bake the holiday cookies this year. Woo hoo! Hot cookies are way too tempting for me. Good job doing cardio for so long! I am glad to hear your DH worries about you though; that shows he cares.
1.gif

Mara, good idea finishing off the day with slow churned. My DH even loves that.
Have a great day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW MARCY, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

woo.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei, your cat is making me tired.
41.gif

my project is stuck again for now...i''ll just take a nap at the keyboard. at least i managed to eat some breakfast, i was STARVING...isn''t it funny how when you wake up early your body goes into overdrive it seems? i never get that hungry that quickly. of course i will be starving come 2 hours from now...but oh well.

marcy yay for 199.2. that''s awesome woman!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Go Marcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That''s such a huge milestone - under 200!! Good for you
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I know when I got under the weight I never wanted to get over again, it was such a big deal mentally, even though I knew that for my body it was just another step along the way. You''ve accomplished so much and I''m always impressed reading your posts, so I just had to chime in since this is a big deal (I know the scale dipped down there once before but twice and you know its the real deal!)
36.gif

Mara - I''m sure its not appealing right now since you''re up so early and feeling so tired (I feel you on the tired - I''ll be at the lab for about 14 hours today
14.gif
), but its a really cute club with decent blues acts - I think their website tells you who''s playing and what the cover is. And then the biscuits just put it over the top. I haven''t been in years - if you go, you''ll have to post about it since I hope its still just as good!

Kim - good luck on the hearing tests! I''ll keep my (mental) fingers crossed!

Lorelei - I''m exactly the same way. DH teased me about it the other day, saying "honey, how often do you come home from the gym and say ''I''ve done the perfect amount and am not overtired or sore at all''
3.gif
"

OK, probably back to lurkdom now...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 9:17:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
WOW MARCY, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Ditto Marcy!!!! Yay, yay! I slept through the eclipse. . . oh well! Yay for new fleece; it is so comfy!

Lorelei, Whooo whooo hoooo on the 1 hr and 15 min workout. My hubby says the same thing to me about working out after 1 hour. I tell him we are burning fat now; I always heard the longer you work out the more you dip into your fat reserve. I guess it is controversial topic, but good argument for working out longer. hehehe
face20.gif

Mara, I hope your launch works out better than yesterday so you get a workout in today. Sending good vibes!

AG, yay for getting smaller and keeping up the good work!!! You look fantastic!

Jas, how was the picnic? I bet they love ya!!!!

Dee, yay for getting a new client! I bet you are the best realtor; you are a blast here on Pricescope. I still need to post the diamond pics of yellow fancy's for you.

Hey Allycat!

I am going walking tonight w/my cousin; I haven't seen her since last weekend so I am looking forward to it. I noticed it is getting dark sooner, booo whooo
emcry.gif
oh well. Hubby liked my chicken noodle soup and he is starting to feel better; thanks for the good wishes for my sweetie!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 9:09:28 AM
Author: marcyc
HI:

You continue to amaze and inspire! Keep up the good work!

My "exercise" today will consist of fighting the crowds at the mall shopping for back to school clothing for my teenaged son. I don''t look forward to it.
6.gif

Happy days, all.

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 11:36:35 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 8/28/2007 9:09:28 AM
Author: marcyc
HI:

You continue to amaze and inspire! Keep up the good work!

My ''exercise'' today will consist of fighting the crowds at the mall shopping for back to school clothing for my teenaged son. I don''t look forward to it.
6.gif

Happy days, all.

cheers--Sharon
I hope you have something in mind to purchase for yourself Sharon as a reward....
9.gif

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I am mostly a lurker on this site but I thought I would join you all for some inspiration and advice. My wedding is exactly two months from yesterday, and although I am generally a pretty healthy and active person, I am really trying to step it up a notch before the wedding. My gym has a program called wedding ready where you work out with a trainer 2x a week for the 12 weeks before your wedding. I started the program 4 weeks ago and I am a little frustrated that I have not yet lost a single lb! I am not looking to lose a lot of weight (I am 5''2" - 120 lbs), mostly to tone up, but I thought I would lose at least a few lbs. I have been working out at the gym at least 5 days a week, 1 hour of lifting and 45 minutes of cardio (treadmill or elliptical) each day. That is a significant increase from my previous routine of cardio and some light weight lifting 3x a week. I am also pretty much a healty eater, lots of fruit, protein, etc (however, wine and chocolate are definite weaknesses of mine). I have noticed some definite changes in my body, I am much more toned and less flabby and I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but the scale''s refusal to budge even one lb is driving me completely crazy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 11:38:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/28/2007 11:36:35 AM
Author: canuk-gal

My ''exercise'' today will consist of fighting the crowds at the mall shopping for back to school clothing for my teenaged son. I don''t look forward to it.
6.gif
I hope you have something in mind to purchase for yourself Sharon as a reward....
9.gif
HI:

Honestly Lorelei, the mall administration should set up wine bars
emcocktl.gif
by each entrance, so one can get a dose or two before hitting stride....it is a necessity!!!
9.gif
(and reward too, since perfume these days isn''t making the grade with me!!)

cheers--Sharon

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
November,

You are doing 45 min of cardio AND an hour of lifting 5 days a week??? It''s wayyyyy too much. Your muscles really need at least a day in between to rest between strength training sessions. My trainer who is a bodybuilder said that two hard strength sessions a week is plenty, any more and you will over stress your body. Over training can be just as bad if not worse than under training.

As for the scale, take your measurements instead. They are a much more reliable indicator of where you''re going. It took almost 2 months for me to lose any weight, although the entire time my body was losing inches. Some people just see it on the scale easier than others.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
welcome november!!! i agree with neatfreak that you are working out way too much. relax and if you feel the need to work out, do something "light" like walking instead of lifting. remember that losing inches is way better than losing pounds...especially since muscle weighs more than fat.
21.gif

yay marcy!!! congratulations for reaching your goal!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i totally agree with the other gals NB on overtraining and also relying too heavily on the scale. i went from weighing myself almost daily to like once a week and now more like once every 2 weeks. i use how my clothes fit as a good measurement and also my measuring tape. it's so much more accurate and mentally positive for people i think, the scale can reflect up to 3-4 lbs one way or the other depending on a range of things.

speaking of clothes fitting, i discovered a way to get back into my smallest pants...i have this pair of white AF pants i LOVE that are capri with wide legs and patch pockets front and back...they are a size 4 and tight just around my waist a bit, so they don't button all that comfortably (but they do still button)...well i rigged them with a small hairtie to close without having to use the buttons hahaha...so i can still wear them but not have them be uncomfortable at my waist which is where everything is always a little tighter on me regardless of how thin i am. so i am happy at least that i can re-button them when necessary (a few weeks ago the buttons weren't really happening lol), but using this rigging makes them even more comfy. YAY. funnily enough, also when i mentioned doing this detox thing to a few people at work, they were like you gained weight? really. they said i looked the same as when i started, which is when i was about 8 lbs lighter. funny.

on this whole detox thing i am doing, it's interesting... it's been since wed night i have been doing it and i am craving things like plain oatmeal. carbs but not sugar. at least complex. she said i could have oatmeal and steel cut especially. so i am going to have a block of the TJ's steel cut in a few minutes. surprisingly the 5:30am breakfast i had stuck with me.

also took P for a 1m walk this morning while waiting for project launch (still hasn't happened) to commence...i am DEF getting out for my hike tonight, just can't deal with another day of sedentary-ness...i feel like my muscles atrophy if i don't do SOMETHING everyday. hehee.

hope everyone is having a good day!!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak and NYC, I am lifting 5 days a week, but am alternating upper and lower body as well as core strengthening and abs so that my muscles have a chance to rest. I am not worried that I am working out too much, my trainer is highly qualified and she pushes me, but not to the point that I am getting hurt, etc. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I definitely wish that I had taken my measurments before I started the program so that I can track that instead and see my progress, maybe I can do so this week and throw out the scale. I also know that I don''t really need to lose a lot of weight (I am a size 2-4), I just thought with how hard I was working out I would have lost at least a lb as validation of my efforts!

I think a lot of my freaking out about this has to do with getting caught up in the whole bride thing, most of my friends have dropped a significant amount of weight pre-wedding (I am talking 20-30 lbs on girls that were never more than a size 6-8), so there is a definite expectation in our group of friends that you will be super-skinny on your wedding day, which translates to a lot of pressure to lose weight even if you don''t need to! I know that it''s not necessarily right or healthy to do so, and my mom is on me all the time not to lose any weight, but peer pressure is hard to resist.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Thanks for the positive vibes being sent my way. I''ve got three weeks until i find out for sure what is up, but my MD estimates I''ve lost about 40% of my hearing so if she''s right I think I''m not going to have much choice. Monnie, I''ve never thought of myself as vein until the MD mentioned hearing aids, then I was like "WHAT!" I know they can be super small and barely visable so I''m trying to get used to the idea in case that''s the route I have to take.

Had a good day eating wise. Did an observation. Will drag J on a walk later. Making pork tacos with carmelized onions for dinner. Not much else going on.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skip,

I meant to tell you school is chugging along. I''m closer and closer to wrapping things up...and so looking forward to graduating in April.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Kimberly - I hope everything works out with your hearing tests!

Marcy - Another amazing milestone reached...AWESOME!

NovemberBride - If you continue to lift 3xs per week and do 30-60 minutes of cardio a day 5+ days a week, you will lose inches for sure. But the pounds may not drop off numerically. You can bet at that pace your clothes will be looser though and you''ll be very toned. Sounds like bridal bootcamp to me
5.gif

So today I am back to playing with the numbers on SparkPeople. I am utterly perplexed with how one person can expend so many calories doing cardio and gain or stand still weight wise (and inch wise). It''s just crazy. When I did that bike race in July I literally rode 7 hours on a bike at 16-18 mph one day and did the same the next day for 5 hours and weighed the exact same amount from start to finish. It was like 90 degrees so I should have dropped water weight at minimum. So I am seriously considering having some lab work done to see if something else is up. Who knows....maybe I have hypothyroidism or some kind of metabolic issue. The only other culprit I can think of is a BC pill I started on 3 months ago. Sometimes little changes can make a big difference.

On another note, my sister and I convinced my aunt to try high protein cereals in the morning b/c she is always hungry and never full. She called me today and asked for a "plan B" b/c she said the cereal was giving her gas in the afternoon and that just was not "socially acceptable". Another Kashi hater! I thought it was pretty funny, esp. since I doubt it''s the Kashi doing it. Probably the fried shrimp they eat literally EVERY night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Thank you very much Lorelei, Mara, Amber, Skippy, Sharon, Skippy and Tdiddy and everyone else for sharing in my joy and excitement. My next goal is to get to 175 pounds; then I’ll set another goal. I want to keep my goals small to they don’t seem impossible to reach.
I know you will all appreciate this story. At lunch today one of my DH vendor’s told me I looked amazing and I told him I’d lost 121 pounds. He said, “Wow, how did you do it?” My reply was my husband told me it was either food or jewelry so you know which one I picked. Both the guy and my husband really cracked up at that. I think I would choose jewelry over food if I had to make a choice.
We are buying a 5th wheel. We found a 2007 model they knocked $20,000 off so my husband took my FIL back with him to look at it Monday and put a deposit on it. We’ll probably get it this weekend. It is HUGE! No way is that going in our backyard.
Mara, I hope you got over the hungries. I was really hungry last night and had a hard time sleeping. I ate more today. You are very creative at finding a way to button your favorite Capri; I’m impressed.
Amber, I am definitely in the state of mind that I won’t see over 200 pounds again. It is such a big milestone for me. Like you said, it is just a step along the way but certainly one that will stick out in my mind.
Skippy, I did sleep through the eclipse too; I’d get up for a comet or meteor shower but not an eclipse. I love fleece; it is so comfy and soft. Have fun walking with your cousin tonight. I am glad to hear your husband is feeling better; your chicken soup was just the medicine he needed!
Sharon, I hope the shopping mall isn’t too busy for shopping. I thought of going to the mall tonight but now that you reminded me of the school rush; I think I’ll pass. I’m with Lorelei; you should get yourself a reward. Yes, wine would help as well.
Neatfreak, that is great news you are continuing to loose inches. That’s what I call great results.
Welcome Novemberbride, it sounds like you are really working out so I am sure your weight isn’t changing because you are gaining muscle. The fact you see results and changes in your body shows you are doing a great job. I am sure you’ll be a beautiful bride!
Kimberly, I am sorry to hear about your hearing loss. My dad wears a hearing aid and you don’t even notice it on him. I hope they figure out how to help you soon.
Tdiddy, that is kind of strange you wouldn’t drop an ounce after such intense workouts. Maybe your body retains water after becoming a little dehydrated?
Well, I must go grade papers and work on laundry.
I hope everyone had a great day!
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s! Welcome, Novemberbride...good for you for working out and being healthy! Try not to succumb to all that peer pressure, keep in mind that after the wedding most people gain some of that weight right back so if you''re doing way too much now remember you''ll have to keep that up after the pressure is off. Of course we all want to look our absolute thinnest and best on our wedding day, but if that''s your only focus and goal all your hard work won''t stick in the end because you have to be able to sustain the pre-wedding routine, so try to be realistic about it.

Mara, the new job is going very well, thanks. I really like it and of course I love the merchandise, lol! Everyone i work with is super nice and they seem to all be very healthy, they don''t do doughnuts or sweets or keep anything junky in the fridge, so that is nice. My immediate boss used to be a personal trainer, and I''m pretty sure he''s a vegetarian, so I''m pleased so far with the fact that it seems to be a healthy environment. Co-workers at my last job were constantly bringing in doughnuts and for every birthday one of the gals always went out and bought a huge sheet cake to celebrate with, it seemed like there was a cake in the fridge all the time!

The dogs were just fine on their own all day today, I was really dreading walking into a disaster zone when I left work today but aside from one very minor "accident" on the wood floor, everything was in the same condition I left it in this morning! I was amazed...they were SO happy to see me, it was good to come home to a very warm and licky welcome, lol! I''m crossing my fingers that the good behavior continues the rest of this week.

No workout tonight, I didn''t get home until after 6 and had some errands to run and needed to spend time outside with the dogs for an hour or so. I ate really well today, quick breakfast of coffee and a piece of 7 grain wheat toast with 2 tblsp. peanut butter, and lunch was an Adwalla super protein fruit smoothie type drink. It''s much easier for me to drink my lunch while at work because we really don''t take "lunch breaks" and if I eat anything solid I have to spend a lot of time in the restroom cleaning my braces out afterwards. Dinner was a big salad again and I''ll probably have a little lean cuisine or something in a bit, I really wasn''t very hungry when I got home and I''ve been busy so I didn''t want to take time to cook anything elaborate.

Marcy, way to go on the sub 200 mark!!! You rock!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monarch! That is great you are loving your job and your co-workers have healthy eating habits as well. My office is starting to bring in candy, etc again but I don''t pay attention to it. Thanks for sharing in my "less big" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results