shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th Feb till 4th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kudos kimberly on getting to the workout goal you wanted, i love that feeling..and it's amazing how mental games work on the machines hehe. i'll be doing that tomorrow im sure! basil congrats on the loss on the waist even if it's not what you want, the hips will come soon im sure! rod congrats on the 3 hour workout, you are such a powerhouse...hehe i would get so bored!! i can only do about an hour and a half MAX before heading out.

so today my coworker and i got these interesting hersheys caramel chocolate covered cookies...they are supposed to be like a blend of a cookie and something like a caramel candy bar and they were DIVINE! they came in a 4 pack so it was serious portion control, aka we could only eat 2 each..lol. and only 65 cals each and they were pretty large. one serving is supposed to be 2. i just had one and i have one in my drawer for tomorrow...i also had grapes for a snack and then 2 of those coffee latte hard candies.

when i got home i was hungry, but didn't think we'd eat for a while so i had a 10 cal jello cup. but then greg got home early so i made dinner...he ended up having soup because he had a burrito for lunch but i made myself a burrito on the 90 cal tortillas with beans, cheese, salsa, lettuce and sour cream. yum. on the side i had a salad that i modeled after the maggiano's salad i love, with shredded iceberg lettuce, bleu cheese, diced tomatoes, bacon bits and TJ's balsamic mixed with mustard powder. yum.

for dessert, i am trying something new i found on a yogurt website. it looked so good in the picture, i am dying to see if it's worth it. it's basically a peanut butter yogurt chocolate banana shake...i'm going to make it with better n'peanut butter, 0% fage, cocoa powder and 2/3 of a frozen banana. keeping fingers crossed it is as good as the picture. and best of all it's only about 250 cals for about 16 oz, and we are sharing it.
5.gif
and i am jazzed that i'm getting some fage and banana and PB...so lots of 'good for me' stuff but also yummy chocolate to make it even better!

so i should end my day at about 1500 cals again which works...anyhow, hope everyone had a great day and is having a fabulous evening...tomorrow is friday!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoo ... glad to know I don''t *have* to report stats ... thanks fellow stat-witholders!
31.gif
I did weigh myself last night after midnight and let''s just say it was SHOCKING and HORRIBLE. I called one friend to tell her the # - to make it "real" and so that at least one other person would be witness to my "start". I''d tell my DH but I don''t *EVER* want that # in his head
23.gif

Anyhoo ..

Treadmill = 30 minutes ... up''d a level today but got interrupted a couple times (catfights & thumps from upstairs) so it probably balanced out to the previous days

Food is a little iffy today as I let myself get too hungry & it''s TTOTM ... but I''m psyched for a healthy grocery trip tomorrow.

Have a nice night everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so the shake experiment was good but it could be better...it needed a bit more sugar and also we needed straws lol!

anyway here is what we did in case anyone wants to try it. i do love the mix of yogurt, banana, chocolate and pb though and it's a GREAT way to eat fage! hehe.

1/2 frozen banana
1 tablespoon better n'peanut butter
2.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 0% 5.3oz fage greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

blend together. serve!
total calories: 240
we split it into 2 and it made like 5 oz servings @ 120 cals each...so you could easily serve one shake for one person for a breakfast or something, it gives you a ton of protein and some fiber. i also served it with 1/2 chocolate biscotti on the side and fat free whipped cream on top. yum!

next time i will add some splenda or sugar, and maybe some honey as well to sweeten it up a bit. and i would use a slightly more ripe banana as well. but it was good enough that we ate it all and wished there was more! lol. so definitely a 'try again'..also greg doesn't like things as sweet as i do so he liked it as it was!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all!

Back is better, yay! Was able to do my hour skate today, which was awesome. I love living near the beach....

Dinner was a cup of linguini topped off with chicken piccata with capers from cooking lite. Very lemony but not bad. Dessert was one mango mochi fro TJs.

Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated. Pilates tomorrow and I''m off now to make turkey lasagna...TGuy loves having it as reinforcements in the fridge. Hehe. BTW, Mara, I found the dreamfield''s pasts (I think that is what you were saying was higher in fiber). Will try tomorrow.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw Rod, I totally agree about core. I have been taking pilates/gyrotonics for 3 months now and it has totally helped back pain. The other night was one of those really flukey things because I am not a good bowler and just did something in a very wrong position!

ETA: Am having a 0% Fage now for a snack before bed. I am sticking with the 2%. Everyone was right. The taste is about the same, and it is creamy, but without the fat, the richness or something is missing. It's thick, but stiff and flat, if that makes sense.

Also, the 0% is a smaller cup...150g vs 200g in the 2%. So calorically, if you are comparing apples and apples, it's not that much off. But it worked for me tonight because I didn't have too many calories to spare and wanted a snack!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying an exercise ball this weekend to have at home and really concentrate on the core muscles...even sitting at my desk at work I do some little double leg lifts under my desk so my abs/lower back get some kind of workout...and they love me for it. I just put my ankles together while sitting straight up in my chair and lift as many counts as I can without losing my breath....usually about 20 lilfts per set, 4 times.

Everyone is doing so well as usual...I love getting back into this thread! And Mara, I''m going to adapt your above recipe to include tofu instead of yogurt this weekend, it will be a total experiment but I''ll let you know...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2007 10:33:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
Whoo ... glad to know I don't *have* to report stats ... thanks fellow stat-witholders!
31.gif
I did weigh myself last night after midnight and let's just say it was SHOCKING and HORRIBLE. I called one friend to tell her the # - to make it 'real' and so that at least one other person would be witness to my 'start'. I'd tell my DH but I don't *EVER* want that # in his head
23.gif

Anyhoo ..

Treadmill = 30 minutes ... up'd a level today but got interrupted a couple times (catfights & thumps from upstairs) so it probably balanced out to the previous days

Food is a little iffy today as I let myself get too hungry & it's TTOTM ... but I'm psyched for a healthy grocery trip tomorrow.

Have a nice night everyone!

Deco, don't worry - tell yourself this is a temporary thing with weight numbers and that from now onwards you have taken control to change it. Day by day, step by step, you will be moving forwards now towards a healthier new you. Don't be discouraged by the age thing, I am in better shape now in my early forties than I was 10 years ago and it wasn't any harder! Don't expect this new journey to go perfectly all the time, you learn as you go.

Letting yourself get too hungry is easy, but you will get more and more used to planning ahead for these things.

Great job on the treadmill too, keep going girl, you will find you crave exercise soon!

Interesting note. Hubby has lost some weight as you know, but has put a bit back. Anyway, you know he has quit smoking and has been working out. For the first time since I have known him in 20 years, he had a blood pressure check yesterday and it was PERFECT! He has never had this before, it has always been too high, so what a great favour he has done his health!!! The benefits we can't see....Kind of brings it home when it is someone you love, so lets give Hubby a big shout out!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod - I am going to try some hands free on the elliptical to try to strengthen the old core!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 5:50:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

Interesting note. Hubby has lost some weight as you know, but has put a bit back. Anyway, you know he has quit smoking and has been working out. For the first time since I have known him in 20 years, he had a blood pressure check yesterday and it was PERFECT! He has never had this before, it has always been too high, so what a great favour he has done his health!!! The benefits we can''t see....Kind of brings it home when it is someone you love, so lets give Hubby a big shout out!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
*shouting at Lorelei''s hubby*

Oh wait, that''s not what you meant...
9.gif

Good for him! He has just given himself a great gift.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2007 7:52:37 AM
Author: Ellen

Interesting note. Hubby has lost some weight as you know, but has put a bit back. Anyway, you know he has quit smoking and has been working out. For the first time since I have known him in 20 years, he had a blood pressure check yesterday and it was PERFECT! He has never had this before, it has always been too high, so what a great favour he has done his health!!! The benefits we can''t see....Kind of brings it home when it is someone you love, so lets give Hubby a big shout out!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

36.gif
* Lorelei chokes and splutters!* THANKS EL !

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, no workout for me last night, but I'm not too unhappy. Hubby and I celebrated finishing up a rental property, so that was a good thing. But today right after work I will be doing my workout. The celebration will continue tonight! Next week, I am really going to buckle down and get serious about this weight loss. The food store has my favorite salads on sale, so I will stock up. My ipod is on order from Amazon, and I will hopefully get it early next week. I would like to make a trip to Trader Joe's this weekend after all the raves from many of you. Unfortunately the closest one is a half hour drive from my house, so I don't get there that often. But I am determined, and I will lose this extra weight!

ETA: Lorelei, that's great about your hubby's blood pressure. Being a nonsmoker is really the way to go! If only I could persuade my hubby of the same thing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Hubby will get there Coda, it took us a long time to mentally accept the idea of quitting, it is so nice when you get big rewards like the blood pressure. Just keep encouraging him to quit and when he does to use some nicotine replacement therapy, it does help a lot. I did 5 weeks on the gum, then switched to normal chewing gum and I am still chewing, but it is better than smokes, 7 months later!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hurray lorelei''s husband!!! you are so correct about the "invisible" benefits!!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, my husband switched over to cigars, and he only smokes them once in a while now. But he was a smoker for many years, and now when he smokes the cigars he loses his voice. It''s very scary to me, and I really want him to stop smoking anything forever, but only he can make that decision.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand that totally. With luck he will realize that he would be better off without the cigars and stop them altogether, hopefully it wouldn''t be too hard for him. I used to worry terribly about my Husband smoking as he had a lot of risk factors with blood pressure and family history etc, and he feels so much better now, as I do.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all! Last night the happy hubby was DYING for Mexican so we went to a new place. Everything was pretty good (better than OK, but not fabulous) and somehow I managed to eat A LOT. I had a Corona Lite though instead of a margarita so I saved some cals there.

Tonight I am going to do 40 mins on the elliptical and see how it goes. I have had only intermittant and small discomfort for a few days now so I''m hoping this whole chest pain thing is over for good.

Foodwise, I just had some yogurt for breakfast. Read somewhere that there is an enzyme in yogurt that makes you feel full for a long time so we''ll see if that little cup of 60 cal Fit ''n'' Lite stays with me for any period of time, LOL. And I have LC butternut squash ravioli for lunch--I just LOVE that one! Banana and pudding for snacks, and the HH is making salmon for dinner.

At the office today I have to patch and paint a gouge in our conference ceiling, change 22 lightbulbs, hang three pieces of art, and get a bunch of paint cans and other things down into our basement storage area. Last year we did an office expansion (which I somehow became the project manager for
20.gif
) and I realize that if I don''t take care of these last random things they will never get done, so today''s the day. Climbing up and down a ladder 22 times must count for some sort of exercise, right?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Deco: Awesome job on the workout! And that number is yours to keep secret! I''m liking that you made it "real" by calling a friend though.

TG: So glad you are feeling better! Great news.

monnie: I have one of those balls; I wanted one for about 2 years. One of DH''s tenants has one that she never used and I always joked I was going to take it so he finally bought me one to shut me up. My computer desk is too high for me to use it as a chair, which totally bummed me out, so I use it for sit ups but not much else. If you have any exercise suggestions, please share them!

Lorelei''s hubby gets a big
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. That is just so awesome! I remember the changes my body went through when I quit smoking, it was amazing. I never had high BP, mine was always extremely low (still is) but the physical and mental changes were astounding. The first care package my DH ever sent me (we were LD for a year) was a box of patches. Ha ha ha. Best gift he ever gave me, aside from my e-ring.

coda: I hope you find yourself inspired next week! Just ask if you need more motivation, there''s plenty of it here.

DeeJay: Great news about the pain lessening. I hope it continues in that direction. Careful on that ladder today!

SO we had steak last night instead of pork, it was yum. And some carrots and a salad. I was at about 1400 calories, which is good! Today is a non-workout day for me. One night this weekend we''re going out to dinner. I won a bet (that I could use my credit card for any purchases I made in February instead of my ATM card; I am a cash girl, DH wants to earn the CC points and just pays both his and mine off at the end of each month so he''s spent the last 6 months trying to train me not to use my ATM) and we get to go to one of my fave restaurants in La Jolla. The food is mostly CA fresh and it is FANTASTIC! I don''t know what night we''re going out yet though, we shall see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberley, have you had any more creme brulee recently?....
13.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kudos to lorelei's hubby!!! it is awesome when you can get non-visual results from all this good stuff we do, for me that is like the body fat testing. it's so fun to be like wow less than 20% of my body, 1/5 is fat now. whereas when i started, i'm sure it was closer to 30% aka almost 1/3! amazing stuff.

monarch i have one of those balls but i don't use it much, hehe, i just bounce around while watching TV sometimes. supposed to be good for your abs. coda, have fun celebrating tonite! kimberly...mmmm your upcoming potential dinner sounds yum! DJ be careful on the ladder woman! oh and you are brave, girl...a 60 cal yogurt for breakfast? that would be gobbled up by my body in like 10 minutes. hehe.

breakfast this morning was fiber one with some honey bunches of oats and 1/2 a sliced fresh banana with ff milk and coffee. i am measuring out my stuff from time to time now to make sure that my visual portion size matches the actual one. for the most part i am pretty spot on, sometimes i find that i pour myself LESS than a portion and call it a portion, so it's helpful to measure sometimes to stay on track. with salad dressing though, i do underestimate i have found, aka 2 tablespoons is not THAT much! so i am more mindful of that. obviously a few extra cals here and there for me in maintenance stage is not a huge deal but if you keep doing it then an extra 5 or 10 cals on 5 meals a day adds up and then suddenly i am like hey whats going on here, lol.

my cold is incrementally getting better...i sleep like the dead at night so that's good...at least my body is healing. i am going to take advantage of this weekend and rest up as much as possible!! today i am hitting up the gym after work as greg has one more rehearsal...then i'm picking us up some sushi takeout, SO excited as i haven't had sushi in like a month!! way too long for me. and it's good for me, total bonus. so i'll pick us up a few rolls and raw things and we'll do the sharey thing. i am looking fwd to just hanging out at home tonite actually and resting a little.

then tomorrow we have some errand type things to do but our real excitement is that we are going to the SF ballet to see Sleeping Beauty, sooo looking fwd to it. we go every year to the Nutcracker in SF, but every year i want to go see other ballets, but they always had ballets i was not that interested in like giselle or don quixote...i mean i was interested but not THAT much in those ones. and i love tchaichovsky's ballets so i was hoping to see a few of those. so last year they had swan lake and i was like YAY! so we went to that and it was amazing. and this year it was sleeping beauty and i was like serious YAY! this is one i have been wanting to see for years...i kind of lagged on tickets so we couldn't get as great of seats as i wanted but we still got good ones. afterwards we are going to dinner at a new place in SF that we have walked by a few times but never gone into...the menu looks divine...the reviews are pretty good, some say food is great, some say it's very good, but no one really said it was bad and they love the ambiance, so that is a positive. we typically eat at this fabulous french californian place right near the ballet that has amazing ambiance inside and live piano music, but we decided to try this place and see how it fares since we have walked by it a few times and were intrigued. we only go to the french californian place at ballet time, but we have gone for years so now we don't mind branching out a bit and experimenting. so i am excited about a yummy new type of dinner for tomorrow night as well as the ballet!

anyhow...my psycho boss works from home on fridays so this will be a great day at work most likely, lol! somehow i have managed to survive this week and she is still being uber nice to me...*twilight zone music* but i will be happy to leave next week and put this experience behind me!
3.gif
on that note hope everyone has a wonderful friday!!! it's sunny here finally, whee.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:05:53 AM
Kimberley, have you had any more creme brulee recently?....
13.gif

No, not recently! I think it''s been a few weeks. The last time we had dessert it was at an Indian restaurant and we shared mango mousse, which was DELISH! The restaurant we''re going to this weekend has a dessert called 1/2 baked chocolate cake, it''s a cake with molten chocolate in the middle served a la mode and it is heaven on a plate, no joke. Here are the other desserts they offer.

Peach Tarte Tatin, mascarpone gelato, golden raisins, pinenut brittle

Crème Fraîche Panna Cotta, melon soup, trio of concord grapes

Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse, passion fruit, chocolate-thyme sorbet

Sweet Corn Cake, candied peaches, Chino corn ice cream, blueberry sauce

Fig Napoleon, orange-ricotta cream, rosemary buttermilk sorbet, linzer cookie

Half Baked Chocolate Cake, caramel sauce, whipped cream à la mode

They make their own mozerrella for an heirloom tomato salad (sort of like a caprese salad) and it is just fantastic. They change their menu to reflect the seasons and what''s available locally and it is just so delicious. It is probably the only local restaurant that I would put in the same category as some of the restaurants I''ve had the great pleasure of dining at in NYC and Chicago.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe kimberly i absolutely love molten chocolate lava cakes esp ala mode, but a lot of nice restaurants out here have them, so i have to have it. then eventually i get sick of them and don't want them for a while. i am in my 'sick of you' stage right now. and then usually when i get sick of it, i turn to fruit based desserts, like sorbets or apple or lemon tarts. though sometimes a chocolate mousse will get my attention though, hehee. we had a great coconut layer rum cake recently! and at a thai place the most amazing chocolate covered hard shell homemade fruit sorbets...omg. i am still thinking about that one. chocolate and sorbet together? divine. anyhow that dessert list looks divine! i can't wait til dessert on sat. have fun!!

(jeez how are we talking about desserts and sweet stuff again? we all must have the biggest sweet tooth(s) ever!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am envious....
39.gif
27.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny thing, I notice I have dropped another pound or 2 recently, not that I have weighed, but I can tell by my clothes, funny how all of a sudden this happens, it doesn''t seem to be a gradual process - a drop then nothing for a while....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:31:14 AM
Author: Mara
hehe kimberly i absolutely love molten chocolate lava cakes esp ala mode, but a lot of nice restaurants out here have them, so i have to have it. then eventually i get sick of them and don''t want them for a while. i am in my ''sick of you'' stage right now. and then usually when i get sick of it, i turn to fruit based desserts, like sorbets or apple or lemon tarts. though sometimes a chocolate mousse will get my attention though, hehee. we had a great coconut layer rum cake recently! and at a thai place the most amazing chocolate covered hard shell homemade fruit sorbets...omg. i am still thinking about that one. chocolate and sorbet together? divine. anyhow that dessert list looks divine! i can''t wait til dessert on sat. have fun!!

(jeez how are we talking about desserts and sweet stuff again? we all must have the biggest sweet tooth(s) ever!)
I''ve had this dessert at several restaurants, but no one does it as well as this pasty chef, so I avoid eating it anywhere but here (and the place where we were married, there''s is good too, but we don''t eat there very often) that way I don''t get burned out on it. Sorbet and brulees with different flavors are a big thing at our local, nicer restaurants. I don''t know if dessert trends change across the country? I hadn''t noticed it in our travels but I never thought much about it either.

Enjoy the ballet and dinner at the new place, it sounds like a lovely evening!

(I''m not sure why...oh wait, Lorelei brought up creme brulee!)

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Happy Friday
9.gif

OK, I could handle the donut-talk earlier in the week...but MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE??? OMG, this is so tough!!! I didn''t realize until I basically cut it out this week that I am a CHOCOLATE and SUGAR FIEND!!!

So, I avoided the pizza yesterday, which was really good. I know that pizza isn''t that bad if you only have a slice, but for about the same calories, I had an LC with lasagna and chicken. It was totally satisfying and had WAY less fat than the pizza. I had a healthy dinner (chicken, brown rice, veggies) and then had a fabulous workout. So I''m feeling great today.

This morning breakfast was one egg white scrambled with sauteed spinach and a little bit of parm cheese. I had a piece of multi-grain toast as well. I woke up STARVED from my workout last night so I figured I''d try the hearty breakfast thing for once and see if it affects my hunger throughout the rest of the morning/day. So far, I''m not hungry yet, and it''s already 11 AM, so that''s good. Usually I''m ravished by the time noon rolls around. I''ll have a salad for lunch tonight, and like Mara, will have sushi for dinner.

I have a 12 mile run tomorrow morning, so the real test will be if I can eat restricted portions for the rest of the weekend... We''ll see. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! Yay, it''s FRIDAY
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2007 7:52:37 AM
Author: Ellen

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

36.gif
HUGE SHOUT TO HUBBY!!!! WAY TO GO.......WAY TO GO!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:01:37 PM
Author: orangevixen
Happy Friday
9.gif

OK, I could handle the donut-talk earlier in the week...but MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE??? OMG, this is so tough!!! I didn''t realize until I basically cut it out this week that I am a CHOCOLATE and SUGAR FIEND!!!

So, I avoided the pizza yesterday, which was really good. I know that pizza isn''t that bad if you only have a slice, but for about the same calories, I had an LC with lasagna and chicken. It was totally satisfying and had WAY less fat than the pizza. I had a healthy dinner (chicken, brown rice, veggies) and then had a fabulous workout. So I''m feeling great today.

This morning breakfast was one egg white scrambled with sauteed spinach and a little bit of parm cheese. I had a piece of multi-grain toast as well. I woke up STARVED from my workout last night so I figured I''d try the hearty breakfast thing for once and see if it affects my hunger throughout the rest of the morning/day. So far, I''m not hungry yet, and it''s already 11 AM, so that''s good. Usually I''m ravished by the time noon rolls around. I''ll have a salad for lunch tonight, and like Mara, will have sushi for dinner.

I have a 12 mile run tomorrow morning, so the real test will be if I can eat restricted portions for the rest of the weekend... We''ll see. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! Yay, it''s FRIDAY
9.gif
Sorry, OV. But that''s the fab thing, I can have molten chocolate lava cake and still maintain my weight (actually lose more than I realized was even possible!).

You''ll do fine this weekend, I''m sure. Happy Friday.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOO HOO to your hubby Lorelei! That''s awesome!

OV, yeah...sometimes I don''t know if this thread helps or hurts...hehehe. Lava cake...yuuuum...

Brekky was fage 2% and lunch is a TJ''s salad that is only 380 cal with the dressing. Dinner is turkey lasagna and caesar salad...we are having another couple come for dinner, so I hope it turns out well!

Pilates for exercise today so hopefully it will track to be a good day. Happy Friday everyone!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! Has anyone tried mashed cauliflower as mashed potatoes? I made them and they are delicious - steam them until you can mash them up, a little bit of spray "I can''t believe it''s not butter" and you are good to go!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe well today i feel so hungry, i don''t know why!! my big cereal breakfast only lasted me like an HOUR before i was starving again...so i had a 60 cal yogurt. i had my TJ''s burrito but i peeled off like 1/2+ of the tortilla because it tends to get hard in the microwave. so i mostly ate the insides and a bit of the outside. we had pizza catered in....as typical. so i had a small piece of veggie lovers with minimal cheese and minimal crust. i feel so tired today again at work...i think my body is just struggling to fight this stupid cold. so i might as well feed it. hehe. i have been lean on cals all week so i have some to spare!

hope everyone is having a good, FAST friday!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG........I''m glad you''ve discovered the benefits of core strength training. It really works
19.gif

Lorelei: Be careful with being hands free on the elliptical. I''ve seen people stumble and lose balance and fall, which could cause way more pain than you might fix. But, I am glad to see you listening to your old bud Rod on how beneficial it could be to work on your core. I am evangelical about it, because it has changed my life. It can change your''s too!!

Coda, no one can make someone get off the evil weed unless they want to get off the weed. I find it worrysome that you mention your husband loses his voice after having a cigar. That indicates to me that he might be inhaling the cigar smoke? And cigar smoke is so much more concentrated than cigarettes. I too once tried to switch from cigarettes to cigars, but my doctor had a fit, especially since he figured I was inhaling (which I was). The sad truth is cigar smoke is far worse than cigarette smoke IF inhaled. One cigar can be like smoking an entire pack of cigarettes in one sitting. Obviously not good. Anway, you can''t make someone want to stop. They have to recognize the health benefits all on their own. I hope he does for his and your sake.

It''s Friday and we always take Friday off from the gym and always have Sushi. But were meeting friends who aren''t into Sushi, so no Sushi tonight. We''ll work out tomorrow and Sunday and without question, we''re going for Sushi tomorrow night!

Hope you''re all having a great Friday and looking forward to a super healthy weekend.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results