shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 20th November till 26th November

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Chaffing boobs! Crazy talk, right?

I actually usually wear nike dry fit, or the patagonia equivelent...so they''re not cotton. I think it''s just the seams of the bras that i have.
It only happens after really long runs...
The Champion one claims to be chaff free... but more poor skin is pretty chewed up now, I"m not sure it will help. Maybe with the combination of the new bra and the body glide.
Last training run today, it will be a short and easy one. Tomorrow we prepare the FEAST, and Thursday we RUN!

Rod, seems like you''ve discovered the runner''s high. It really does exist! Isn''t it amazing how your body falls into gear once you find your rhythm. Sorry to hear that your move has been moved up... Hope it doesn''t ruin your holidays.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just checking in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving
35.gif

Be safe if you are travelling and NO DIETING ALLOWED on turkey day
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
79.jpg

Called a marathon bra--one of the feature is that it has flat seams--chaff free
lululemon.com

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
593.jpg

called a "bouncebreaker" LOL, same deal with chaff free
lululemon.com

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone...just wanted to stop in and let you all know I"m not a total slacker, lol! I walked to and from work yesterday, and have actually made it to the gym twice in the last ten days...we got a new puppy last weekend and timing''s been an issue with DH and I and the dogs/feedings/letting them outside, etc. So it''s been chaotic here!

Those sports bras look fantastic! One thing that helped me during my Avon Walk this past spring was wearing a regular cotton bra under a sports bra--it definitely helped in the chafing area and made me have less of a uni-boob and more definition. (I''m a 36C and just wearing a sports bra makes me look completely flat!) Also there is a product on the market called "breast petals" that are these round things that go over the ahem, nipples which you can wear under clothing when you don''t want to wear a bra but want some sort of coverage so you''re not totally graphic, and they also help with the chafing issue. Just my .02...
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

Am finally reconciled with leaving Tampa next week and starting my new job on December 4, 2006. In a way, it''s a relief. I''m actually tired of looking at the bay and thinking, "boy....I''ll miss this." Or sipping my coffee under the oak tree at Starbucks and thinking........."boy......I''ll miss this." So, it''s just time to get on with things and start our lives in Raleigh. Of course, we''ll have to come back to Tampa once in a while to check on our place and certainly when it sells, we''ll be back to meet movers, etc.

I had a really intense workout this afternoon. I have found that the more I''m stressed, the better the exercise is. So, I pushed really hard. One of the gym guys, you know the ones who look like they came out of a muscle magazine, actually came over to me tonight and offered to help me with a machine I was using. He commented that he''d seen me work so hard and was impressed with my accomplishments. That was really nice and I must admit that he taught me how to use this machine in a whole new way and I could really feel it in my upper arms and chest. Otherwise, I ended with the normal 45 minutes on the elliptical at around 90 rpm the entire time. I thought I''d be sore after yesterdays long run, but I didn''t feel any soreness this morning. It''s just amazing to me that I could run 8 miles and not be sore in the least.

Anyway, just checking in. Tomorrow is another gym day and of course I have to pick up the turkey, etc., from the market. At least we''re going to have Thanksgiving here in our home in Tampa.

Hope everyone''s doing well.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Our early thanksgiving dinner was really nice. I got to spend some time with my adorable nephew, my sister and her hubby as well as my parents, which is always nice. My poor mom left my sister in charge of changing the temperature on the oven for the turkey and she turned it too low and so it wasn''t done when the rest of dinner was. So we had an "Everything-but-the-turkey Thanksgiving Dinner." It''s a good thing my mom is such a laid back lady!

I got a lot of walking in. I came down with a bug today though, so we drove home this morning, I did some school work and have been reading and just laying on the couch all afternoon. I have an upset stomach, yucky! No one else is sick so it wasn''t the food.

Rod, I''m glad you have a date set. Moving is hard, I moved 4 times in a 5 year period and only one of the moves was within the same city. I know how difficult it can be.

Happy Workout Tuesday all!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!!

I just got back from my boot camp class at the park...the instructor thought we needed to wrok extra hard to get ready for Turkey day so we worked out for 1.5 hrs!!...my arms are still shaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32.gif

Good luck with the move Rod!!! I''m sure you''ll love NC!...I''m actually looking to plan a vacation there next year and I just can''t wait!
36.gif

(cover your eyes boys) Great selection of bras everyone!!!...I guess I don''t need to much support since I''m not too "gifted" up there..hehe, but it''s hard to find a bra that fits nice and it''s also comfortable!

I will be going up to my BF''s house tomorrow for the rest of the week so I probably won''t get online much....so I just wanted to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving!!!
36.gif

M~

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just want the ladies to know that I totally "support" your bra topic and pictures.

I will use discretion when viewing, however.
10.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:25:35 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Just want the ladies to know that I totally ''support'' your bra topic and pictures.

10.gif

hey! you''re not even supposed to look at these posts!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
made our pumpkin pie tonite...it turned out verra yummy!!!

if anyone is interested, i did a low-cal kinda pumpkin pie with 11oz low-fat evaporated milk, some honey, 3/4 cup brown sugar, LOTS of pumpin pie spice mix (ginger, nutmeg, cinammon, and something else i can''t remember), 15 oz of canned pumpkin, 3 egg whites, extra cinammon, a touch of vanilla, 1 tbl cornstarch and about 5 packets of sugar substitute (from whole foods, not splenda). we used a pilsbury ready-made pie crust and the whole thing turned out wonderful. very happy with it. and it''s probably way healthier than anything i''d get at a bakery. yum!! highly recommended. there were a ton of low-cal recipes out there so i just kind of mix and matched to taste.

anyhow, jazzed about the pie! hahaha. it turned out great. and greg made us mac and cheese and we had bowls of salad too. i didn''t want to do anything tonite really for cooking since i was making the pie and i also put our turkey into brine. so tomorrow night i just have to make our stuffing, mashed potatoes for 2 and the turkey! i got fresh gravy from WF and they had a yummy looking cranberry orange relish and i was going to make one so i said nevermind i''ll just take this one! haha.

tomorrow is the gym...hoping to really work it and burn a bunch of cals, evil HRM watch nonwithstanding....so hopefully everyone has a great day!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
The workout bra problem is never-ending for me!!! (Can I add a few more exclamation points in my frustration? '!!!!') I'm a 36D, so sports bras either provide less support than a sash tied around my ribs-- I need RESTRAINT-- or they crush the girls to the point where I can't look down because they impede my chin.
38.gif

Not comfortable. I'm going to take back the $50 one I bought from sports chek, tags still on, because after getting it home and trying it on again, I've realized it doesn't actually fit, it just fit better than the other horrible ones I was trying on.

It's horrible going into sports stores looking for a sports bra because I have these lean girls who are a B at worst looking at me blankly, or assuring me this flimsy bra will do the job. Not for these girls-- I can't even trot across the room without protectively crossing my arms over them.

So, any suggestions for a good sports bra for 'endowed' women that isn't flimsy or mutilating that I can buy online?

I took a look at lululemon's site, since someone mentioned them; has anyone bought anything from them? I'm not sure whether these are made for 'lean' women or not.

And Elliptical update: I find out on the 26 whether or not I get to keep my job. The Elliptical is on layaway, so as soon as I find out I'm not getting laid off, that baby is MINE!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2006 9:25:35 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Just want the ladies to know that I totally ''support'' your bra topic and pictures.

10.gif

Glad to hear it Mr Modified Brilliant!
16.gif

That is what I need too is a sports bra, all that bouncing about is not good for ladies! Ahem! Anyway, did a good 40 mins on the treadmill yesterday with a 15% incline and it went well! Last chance today folks to have a good workout before your various foodfests tomorrow!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone-
I haven''t been slacking either, just really busy. I have finals period coming up so I have a motion to write, 2 trials to prepare for, and 2 finals to outline for (for those who don''t know, I play a law student...). Yesterday I had another run; 2.5 more miles. I''m making progress. It''s been slow but not really painful which I''m happy about. I wish I cold help you ladies with the sports bra issue but I''m not "gifted" either up top (as I think Mandarine said).

I really hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and indulgent Thanksgiving! And our non-US PSers, enjoy a wonderful rest of the week.

Mara - these recipes you''ve been posting look SOOOO yummy! I think I might try some tonight!
Rod - I always find I work out better when I''m stressed too...and those runner''s highs are the best things ever. I had my first one earlier this year, and was able to run 7 miles without a problem. I honestly think that''s what is keeping me running...hoping for that feeling again soon!
Tybee - good luck on the run!!!
Monarch- I am so in love with your puppy.
30.gif
I showed FI the website and tried to convince him we needed one too! It was a no-go...
39.gif

Finally - I TOTALLY agree with Jeff. NO restraints allowed on Turkey Day everyone. Let it all go!! We workout and get healthy so that we can enjoy ourselves on days like this! Great job everyone!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 8:22:11 AM
Author: scarlet16
Hey everyone-
I haven''t been slacking either, just really busy. I have finals period coming up so I have a motion to write, 2 trials to prepare for, and 2 finals to outline for (for those who don''t know, I play a law student...). Yesterday I had another run; 2.5 more miles. I''m making progress. It''s been slow but not really painful which I''m happy about. I wish I cold help you ladies with the sports bra issue but I''m not ''gifted'' either up top (as I think Mandarine said).

I really hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and indulgent Thanksgiving! And our non-US PSers, enjoy a wonderful rest of the week.

Mara - these recipes you''ve been posting look SOOOO yummy! I think I might try some tonight!
Rod - I always find I work out better when I''m stressed too...and those runner''s highs are the best things ever. I had my first one earlier this year, and was able to run 7 miles without a problem. I honestly think that''s what is keeping me running...hoping for that feeling again soon!
Tybee - good luck on the run!!!
Monarch- I am so in love with your puppy.
30.gif
I showed FI the website and tried to convince him we needed one too! It was a no-go...
39.gif

Finally - I TOTALLY agree with Jeff. NO restraints allowed on Turkey Day everyone. Let it all go!! We workout and get healthy so that we can enjoy ourselves on days like this! Great job everyone!
36.gif
Scarlett, you''re so funny!
9.gif
I just looked at the website again last night and noticed she lowered the price of the remaining two pups...just in case your FI is interested, lol!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 4:05:16 AM
Author: Galateia
HI:

I bought my lululemon "tank-bra' in the store and I was glad I did since the size I thought I'd need was wrong--so I recommend if you are near to a store then go in and try them on. I find their products of the highest quality (mine gets a lot of use)--and I wash it in cold water/hang dry and it looks great and fits exactly like the day I bought it. Altho I "my girls" could hardly be consdiered large (32C), I used to get a lot of boucne with other tank/bra's and with miy lulu I get very little.

Also I appreciated the advice I got from the salespeople--I told them my criteria--e.g. "no bounce"--and they handed me a product. While I admit it fits snug--I guess they have to in order to keep things "still".

Good luck! Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving Eve Everyone!!

We had an eventful day. We traded one of our Mercedes SL500''s in for a new E 350 sedan. It just makes sense to have one fun car (the SL) and one practical car (the E). Plus with us driving to NC., next week, we''ll surely be able to load way more stuff in the E class than an SL. And the good news is since the SL was paid for and was worth more than the E class, we got a new E class and a check from the dealer, as opposed to us having to write a check. No car payments for either car is a nice thing.

We worked out later this afternoon. After taking delivery of the new car, Charlie was able to work out at the same time. Since being laid off, I''ve been going to the gym in the afternoon and he''s been going after work. So, it was nice working out together again. We''ll be on the same schedule as far as fitness goes once I start my new job in Raleigh. i.e., we''ll be working out at night again. Must admit I have enjoyed working out during the afternoons when it''s not crowded and I don''t have to wait for any machines. Plus I always got my favorite elliptical.

Instead of the gym tomorrow, we may go for a nice long run while the turkey''s cooking.

I hope everyone has a fantastic turkey day, even our friends across the pond who may not be having a turkey!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on the nice new car rod, fun news!!

left work early today and went to the gym..i really was motivated to work out pretty hard and i felt good. after i was done, i walked 5 minutes across to a grocery store to get sausage for the stuffing that i had forgotten, then walked back to the car, so when all was said and done it was about 22 minutes on the elliptical, then 35 minutes on the treadmill, then 10 minutes lifting and doing weight machines, and then 10 minutes walking back and forth to the store...and i burned 715 calories. woo hoo. evil heart rate monitor will not keep me down. though according to the machines i was burning an extra 80 calories that the HRM didn't register..so whatever. maybe it was more like 800! in any case i am jazzed with tonite's workout.

i was so beat when i got home, i showered and got the turkey and stuffing going. i was feeling really kind of faint and weak during some of the prep so i had to eat some blueberries to tide me over. i ate a light and fit yogurt when i got home, but guess it wasn't enough. so now we are waiting for the turkey and stuffing to be done, the potatoes to boil and we'll be all ready! the gravy and orange cranberry relish are ready, the rolls are waiting to be warmed. then my homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. mmmmm!! then tomorrow we go to the family's house and we're taking over some new mashed potatoes, artichoke dip and a big green salad.

anyhow...tomorrow morning we are all signed up for the applied materials 'turkey trot' for charity. greg and my dad are running the 10k, my mom is running the 5k and my sister and i are walking the 5k. so it'll be a good way to get up and at em in the morning, raise the metabolism, and burn a bit of calories before gorging later in the day.
3.gif

then for the days off...we're just chilling out, watching movies, maybe taking some long drives, i'm looking fwd to working out on friday and sunday at the gym with no time constraints (woo hoo)...etc. hope everyone has some fun stuff planned!! happy thanksgiving everyone, may you have really yummy eats!!! and to lorelei, happy cinnamon pie!
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Guess it will be me all alone posting here, while others are enjoying the TG festivies--I cannot deny I am envious, since I love turkey drumsticks!!

It snowed a few cms. last night, making driving precarious today....I tried twice to get to the pool to do laps and work out, but no go. Not interested in spending half of my workout time driving to and fro. Instead I shovelled the driveway (no, not using the snowblower!!) and did my version of a power ride on my bike at home. Did the ususal weights and stretching, not as much as I could of had I gone to the gym, but OK nonetheless.

Enjoy your day folks!!

cheers--Sharon

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal - I''m Canadian too, so no turkey for me today either!

I''m still doing the yoga, but decided to do it every other day instead of everyday, and the back pain has lessened. I treated myself to a fair trade milk chocolate bar this week, but I''m trying to draw it out... Chocolate is my downfall.

Enjoy your family dinners everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cg..could you have a faux thanksgiving? hehe. Doesn''t Canada have their thanksgiving in October? I''d do BOTH days, just because I love food, haha!

So we just did the Turkey Trot..walked there and walked home since it was within about a 1/2mile distance from our house which made it that much easier! Greg did the 10k run and I did the 5k walk with my sister. My dad did the 5k (he has an injury from a marathon so he just ran the short race) and my mom did the 5k run as well. It was kind of sucky to be up at 8am on Thanksgiving Day instead of snuggled warm in bed but now we are really happy we did it. There were a TON of people and everyone was in really good happy spirits.

According to the eHRM (evil heart rate monitor), the 3m walk burned 350 cals (there was 2 hills), and we did the 3m in 43 minutes so we had a good pace going; and then cooling down my heart rate, and also walking there and back was about another 100 cals or so. So not too bad, I figure about 450 total in terms of ''calories I wouldn''t have burned if I hadn''t done it'' kinda thing. That''s about 1.5 pieces of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, LOL! Greg burned 1k calories, so he can probably eat whatever he wants today, hahaha. My legs were feeling the burn from last nite''s workout this morning and I was leery about doing another 3m on them this morning but they actually felt really good and the hills were easy because I''m so used to walking on the incline. So I felt really good.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful day, prepping, eating, relaxing, working out, whatever! Now we have a few hours of rest and relaxation (read: laying around on the couch snuggling with Portia) before we have to start getting things ready for the feast over at my cousin''s house. Happy Thanksgiving all (and happy thursday to the rest!).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving to all the American workout crew! Happy Thursday to everyone else.

I spent yesterday on the couch still feeling like crap. Today is a much better day, my stomach is finally not upset and the fever went away.

I am making pumpkin pies to bring to my MILs house. She lives in a board and care facility so we won''t be eating with her, just visiting.

Hubby made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, Nine Ten in La Jolla. They are having a prix fix Thanksgiving meal. They use all locally grown food which makes their meals fresh and delicious! Should be a lot of fun!

We''re hiking on Saturday and I''m getting back on the elliptical after my shin splint, sickness, family visit induced hiatus. I am really looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a special day.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the walk Mara, sounds like you and the family had a good time. Sorry to hear your dad had to do the 5K instead of the 10K.

We're just about to eat our Thanksgiving dinner. We were both pretty depressed earlier as we've started organizing what goes to NC with us a week from today, so it got a little tense. So, to break the tension, we decided to go for a nice long run. It's a beautiful day down here in Tampa and it was just fantastic running along the bay. I will surely miss my bay front runs, but am sure some pretty scenery awaits me for runs in Raleigh.

Anyway, just wanted to wish all my friends a wonderful day even if you're not having a Thanksgiving dinner.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2006 2:34:25 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Happy Thanksgiving to all the American workout crew! Happy Thursday to everyone else.

I spent yesterday on the couch still feeling like crap. Today is a much better day, my stomach is finally not upset and the fever went away.

I am making pumpkin pies to bring to my MILs house. She lives in a board and care facility so we won''t be eating with her, just visiting.

Hubby made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, Nine Ten in La Jolla. They are having a prix fix Thanksgiving meal. They use all locally grown food which makes their meals fresh and delicious! Should be a lot of fun!

We''re hiking on Saturday and I''m getting back on the elliptical after my shin splint, sickness, family visit induced hiatus. I am really looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a special day.
So sorry to see you''re not feeling well Kimberly. Glad today''s a little better. Enjoy your meal at the Nine Ten. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! We ran it! It was cold and beautiful! 13 + miles baby! Thank goodness too, because I''m about to eat a ton of food!
Happy Turkey Day all! Feeling that runners high now, good times!
Hope you''re all happy and celebrating with loved ones.

Tybee

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Tybee!! I was actually thinking about you earlier, but forgot to include you in my post! I was like hehe I walked 3miles and Miss Tybee is running 13! That''s awesome!

Rod..sorry to hear about the tension, moving can be kind of stressful with even the best personalities. Glad to hear the run worked you two into better moods and hope you have a great dinner!!

Kimberly...have fun tonite, the dinner out sounds YUM. Hopefully you''ll be back in tip top shape.

I''m about to eat a lunch of stuffing and mashed potatoes, hahhaa. Then make my few goodies for our family thing and then we''ll head off.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tybee and Mara: so glad your respective run and walk went well. What fun for you guys and what an accomplishment on a holiday to boot!

Rod: I hope the run helped. Moving and change in general can be difficult, so glad you have a positive outlet to help you both cope!

It''s weird not being with extended family today. We visited John''s mom but she doesn''t know what day it is so that doesn''t quite count. It''s really sad to see her so confused, this is the first year that she hasn''t understood and remembered the holidays. My mom is bummed we''re eating out, which cracks me up. It will be different for me (i''ve never eaten a holiday dinner at a restaurant) but it should be nice not to have to clean dishes.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2006 3:40:40 PM
Author: Tybee
Hey! We ran it! It was cold and beautiful! 13 + miles baby! Thank goodness too, because I''m about to eat a ton of food!
Happy Turkey Day all! Feeling that runners high now, good times!
Hope you''re all happy and celebrating with loved ones.

Tybee
Congratulations Tybee. 13+ Miles....WOW! You deserve that dinner! Enjoy and congrats again.

Thanks Mara! The run did really help our moods. We had a wonderful dinner. Everything turned out just perfect. The turkey looked like a poster, the potatoes were yummy and Charlie made some fantastic carrot dish with orange rind, cinnamon and other spices.

We''re going to go for a nice walk, then come back for Charlie''s famous cinnamon pie with pumkin!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy moly you exercisers don''t stand on ceremony! Glad everything is working out for good eats and some activity.....

Kim: Last year we catered TG dinner (yes, Mara, ours is in early October) and I really enjoyed the change of pace. Altho the stuffing wasn''t like my "Mom''s", it was a relief not to have to do the cooking and clean up. Yet my sister grumbled--as she likes to do it!! We went out to the Hyatt last year for Christmas dinner and it was beyond fab....I like to have some of these holdiay meals out for a change!

Tonight is grilled lamb chops and rosemary mashed potatoes...and of course some nice red wine.......

cheers--Sharon

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Tybee, congrats on finishing a half marathon! that''s awsome. is this the first one you''ve run? my first half marathon was definitely the hardest run I ever did. after that they seemed to get easier, even the full marathons (but then again I''ve probably blocked parts of those from my memory).

On Tuesday I didn''t exercise and on Wednesday I just walked for 45 min (3 miles) on a slight incline.

Yesterday morning I had a slimfast in a glass w/ a few onces of extra milk and then I walked 6 fast miles on the treadmill, in 1hr and 20 min. I probably should''ve walked more, or added some jogging, b/c I ended up drinking about 5 glasses of wine throughout the day!

well, my thanksgiving hostess had a scale in her bathroom, and it said 145.2 when I first got there. At the end of the night it said 147.

I think my ideal weight is about 140, if I''m toned. so i need to lose about 10 lbs of fat and gain about 5 lbs of muscle. I guess it''s more about body fat %.

I''m just going to guess right now that my bf% is 25 (I''m 5''8" and my frame is small-med and I wear a 6 that is getting increasingly tighter but 8 is still too big). But I''m not toned at all. So if I lost 5-7 lbs but toned up more, that would give me a bf% of about 18-20% I think. well, based on my questionable calculations anyway. does that sound like a good goal?

I had a cranberry bar from starbuck''s and a bag of fritos from the vending machine at the law library for breakfast. not too healthy, but this is not out of the ordinary either--hence the decline of my fitness level over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results