shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 20th November till 26th November

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving week all!
35.gif

This won't be as much as a problem for me, although having an American Hubby, he prefers not to have a TG dinner as he says it spoils his Christmas Lunch! But it sounds as if there are goodies galore in store for all you Stateside folks and a great caloriefest! It is a choice now - whether to eat carefully over TG and/ or a modified plan of calorie control and portion control, or eat what you want. If it was me, I would do as I am going to do over Christmas as usual, for 3 days eat what I want, the scales might bounce up a pound or so due to the unaccustomed intake of rich food and water retention etc, but with getting back on the normal plans and workouts this won't make any difference long term. So have a great time folks! Do all check into the thread, even if you don't feel there is much point as the week's eating might be shot, the thread can still motivate you to hopefully enjoy Thanksgiving, yet get back onto your healthy lifestyles afterwards.
35.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!
emotion-19.gif

ETA - I just wanted to add after checking last week's thread welcome Nejarb. I think all of us WWTers which include our dear guys Rod and Jeff too, do get a lot out of keeping up with the thread. It helps to motivate us, I know with Mara and some of the very busy ladies helped to motivate me to start working out, it was a case of they can find the time then I have no excuse! With Jeff starting weights a while back, it is interesting to read his progress and also the other disciplines he uses, Rod and what he has achieved and what he puts into it daily to maintain it. Most of all I think the happiness which comes from getting results and being able to share them with like minded people is what really makes this thread great. There is always encouragement available if you are having 'one of those days.' So I hope you find some tools here to help you as we do and stick around!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the warm welcome lorelei!

mara--sorry i guess i didn''t read your posts very carefully. you''re saying that your hr was still high b/c you pushed harder, but your calorie burn didn''t stay up? that''s weird. i don''t think you can wear 2 polars at the same time b/c the signals will interfere.

no, i don''t belong to a gym. but i have a treadmill in my building. i''m thinking about joining a health club in a hotel a few blocks away from my apt. i think it sounds like a pretty good deal. individual lcd tvs on every cardio machine, steam room, indoor pool, and if you amortize the initiation fee it comes out to about 100/month. is that a good price? also, my fi said that he wanted to get a trainer to come over to our apt a few times to show us what we can do w/ what''s available to us already. i think that would be fine, it just depends on how busy i''m going to be over the next 6-7 mo. like if i start working full time after i graduate, then i probably wouldn''t join that health club, but if i''m just working part time i would. there''s a full time job that i''m interested in, but if i get it it would be temporary since we''re moving next summer. in some ways, i want to just work part time so that i can spend alot of time exercising and reading and learning about the city we''re movign to and finding a job there.

okay, i''m going downstairs to the treadmill.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nejarb, when Rod and Mara and Jeff check in they might be able to advise you about reasonable gym fees. What I wanted to say was, you can accomplish a heck of a lot IMO with just a treadmill and or also an elliptical. We have a little home gym with the above and also some of those Bowflex adjustable dumbells which are great! I love treadmill exercise the best, add some incline and you can really get a butt bludgeoning workout!
6.gif
So well done with making a start!

I forgot to mention, our gym machine saga has been sorted, we now await delivery of our new machine, in the next few weeks!
3.gif
We have decided to go with one with weights and no power supply to avoid this problem in the future, so with luck it will arrive before Christmas!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nejarb, yep...my heart rate has not dropped to anything different but my calorie burn totally has. for example, i use the same treadmill at the gym all the time. before i had my HRM, i''d bump up the treadmill to 3.7 speed and the incline to 10 and do this for about 30 minutes. basically how this particular machine works (because i''ve used it a ton of times!!), is that at this speed and incline, i burn about 10 calories per minute. so that''s 300 calories for 30 minutes if i stay consistent (or even if i bump it up to 11 and then to 9 for a while, 10 is the average and it''s basically incline = cals per minute on this particular machine). so i did this machine yesterday. and my machine said 300 cals when all was said and done (it said 320 because i actually did 3 minutes of warmdown too) but my HRM said i only burned about 240. that is a big difference. and it''s wrong because i flat out KNOW what this machine should be burning at this rate and at my heart rate (which averaged about 145 on this machine for 30 min). and a week ago, the machines were registering the same calorie burn as my watch was. so i don''t know why suddenly they are totally out of sync.

the other thing is that i should be able to wear both watches, because i''m just wearing one chest strap. any watch in my vicinity will basically pick up my chest strap signals. the watch is just a reporting tool basically. also the machines we use are Polar compatible or whatever, and when i get on the machine, before i even hit a button, it registers my HRM. so the machine is continually getting the transmission from my chest strap on what my HRM. so again, it''s really weird that my HRM is the same on both the machine and the watch, yet both are registering totally different calorie burns.

its just a pain because i don''t really have time to deal with this issue this week and find out what''s wrong with it (i don''t even know if i have the receipt still!) and take it back or whatever, because of the holiday, but i am still working out like normal so i am bummed that i feel like my tracking is all off and incorrect. on the positive side, i am trying to get my watch up to meet my goals (aka i keep working out til it registers what i need to do that day, even if the machine already registered me reaching that goal 5 minutes ago) but i could be totally overworking myself. according to my watch i burned about 2700 cals this week, but according to the machines, it''d be more like 3000. and really i don''t want to be doing 3000. because i am not trying to lose weight anymore. but i don''t want to go off the machines in case there is some valid reason why my watch is right. so anyway, it''s just a vent because i feel really discombobulated now that the watch is not working right.
15.gif

bah! anyway, forget the watch drama. i wanted to say that the treadmill is an excellent workout!! i have worked my way up to about a 10-12 incline for about 30 minutes (after doing the elliptical for about 30 minutes before), and it really works your tush and legs. my butt has definitely gotten a lot smaller and my legs are totally firm now. i wish my arms and stomach were as receptive...hehee. so anyway you may not even have to join a gym if you can use the treadmill consistently. get some good music and go to town on it. also then you can supplement with some strength training with small weights in your own house or whatever (aka maybe buy some 5 and 7 lb weights, they are not expensive at target) and do some resistance training like situps, pushups, leg lifts, etc...aka things you can use your own body''s strength and weight to do the workout. that coupled with the treadmill consistently would be a great workout.

anyhow! today''s a new week for sure. i mentally planned out my workout schedule last nite in my head for this week. it''s TTOTM so while i want to push it this week, i also know how crappy i can feel, so we''ll see but so far i''m working out every day this week (yikes) thanks to lovely thanksgiving meals. so actually burning 3k calories this week would be wonderful! haha. it always seems like every time i want to ratchet back my workouts to 5x a week, something comes up that week like a trip or thanksgiving or catching up from after thxgiving etc where i end up going 6x or 7x anyway! but anyway, i figure if i end up taking tonight or tomorrow night off, depending on how i feel, then 6x a week is still great and i can just do a bit more the other days to make up for it.

so is everyone ready for the holiday?! i did most of my shopping last nite. mmmm stuffing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had a great workout today and felt I used my time wisely--half an hour with assorted weights/strengthening and an hour split between the ellipitical, treadmill and upright bike. Altho I''ve used many of the preset workouts before (cardio, fat burning...) I find I like the random setting the best...boy I can feel with when I am running at a incline greater than 9%!!!!! Likely my abs will be a bit sore like they were last week post crunching......

I weighed myself since I don''t own a scale and I am a 114 lbs, which if memory serves is the same as this July when I had my annual physical. Since my clothes always fit the same, I don''t think my weight fluctuates much......

cheers--Sharon

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

So many reasons for feeling festive! I LOVE Thanksgiving! Love love love it! We''re digging up healthy(ish) recipes and getting ready to cook up our first Thanksgiving feast together. I am feeling so happy about it. I"m even MORE happy that the weather seems like it will be clear TDay morning for our BIG RACE. Husband started to want to whimp out if it''s a dark, cold, rainy morning... which, I must admit, sounds pretty cruddy for running, but it looks good so far.

Women, I have a question about jog-bras. When I run for long distances, I tend to rub my skin raw! ouch! do any of you have prefered brands that you wear to prevent such uncomfortableness? It''s a little late to experiment with brands for my big race on Thursday, and have basically just told myself that I might just have to suffer, but I thought I''d check in with you all.

Have a great SHORT work week... you American PSers... and to our iinternational crowd, Have a great week!

Tybee

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m on "vacation" all week, but I did go into the building today just for my Total Body Training class (good thing I live close by). Wow after not doing anything for 4 days it was tough. I usually have been trying to do 30 min elliptical once or twice on the weekends. But Saturday I was just lazy and didn''t go, and then yesterday DH and I were going to, but we started watching the first season of 24 on dvd and couldn''t pull ourselves away from the TV.

Tybee,
I''m not much of a runner and I don''t know how big your boobs are, but I''m a 34C and this is the sportsbra that I love, it has thinner straps like a regular bra and I liketo roll up my sleeves, so it holds them in place very well. They also make it in a tank. My size is the M/L since my bra size falls under multiple catagories on the size chart.

http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=CH2027&cgnbr=3011000000

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love my Lululemon bra/tank. The moderately wide band criss cross in the back to hold things firmly in place without scratching. Nothing esle I''ve worn has been as good.

cheers--Sharon

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi nejarb and welcome
35.gif

Gym membership in my town (near Boston) costs $99 (one time fee) and $29.95 per month.
The gym is huge, clean, great hours and tons of equipment. I think it''s a great deal.
My private Brazilian Jujitsu lessons are $65 hr. I''ve cut back to once a week or once every two weeks
but I still thoroughly enjoy learning martial arts.
Just make a schedule and stick to it. It''s not that hard. I just returned to the gym after 25 years of not going.
I''m in better shape now than ever (I think, anyway
9.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/20/2006 1:34:54 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I love my Lululemon bra/tank. The moderately wide band criss cross in the back to hold things firmly in place without scratching. Nothing esle I''ve worn has been as good.

cheers--Sharon
I''ll cover my ears
23.gif
when you ladies discuss these topics, OK?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And notable too, is the fact that Jeff and Rod have 101 years combined life experiences to share.

Now don''t you feel younger already???

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 12:56:28 PM
Author: Tybee
Hi All!

So many reasons for feeling festive! I LOVE Thanksgiving! Love love love it! We''re digging up healthy(ish) recipes and getting ready to cook up our first Thanksgiving feast together. I am feeling so happy about it. I''m even MORE happy that the weather seems like it will be clear TDay morning for our BIG RACE. Husband started to want to whimp out if it''s a dark, cold, rainy morning... which, I must admit, sounds pretty cruddy for running, but it looks good so far.

Women, I have a question about jog-bras. When I run for long distances, I tend to rub my skin raw! ouch! do any of you have prefered brands that you wear to prevent such uncomfortableness? It''s a little late to experiment with brands for my big race on Thursday, and have basically just told myself that I might just have to suffer, but I thought I''d check in with you all.

Have a great SHORT work week... you American PSers... and to our iinternational crowd, Have a great week!

Tybee

What area is getting rubbed raw?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg i came across this while trying to find a way to healthy up the stuffing this year and i was like
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
!!! i guess for one day it''s not that bad but still, yikes! definitely working out every day this week!
3.gif

The 3,500-calorie Thanksgiving

The calories add up (we didn’t have the heart to add up fat grams) when you get together for a big family meal. Sure, it stretches across a whole day. But most of us need about 2,000 calories in a day.

This menu takes into account the larger portions we tend to eat at holiday dinners – who’s really grabbing just 4 ounces of turkey?

Appetizers

2 glasses

champagne:

160 calories

2 ounces brie cheese:

200 calories

4 large cocktail shrimp:

91 calories

1/4 cup mixed nuts:

219 calories

Feature

presentation

8 ounces turkey:

460 calories

1/4 cup cranberry relish:

130 calories

3/4 cup stuffing:

330 calories

6 ounces mashed potatoes:

411 calories

3 crescent rolls,

prepared:

510 calories

4 ounces buttered green beans:

86 calories

2 glasses wine:

160 calories

1 glass water:

0 calories

Afterglow

1 slice homemade pumpkin pie:

284 calories

1 slice homemade pecan pie:

410 calories

2 tablespoons fresh whipped cream:

52 calories

1 cup coffee:

0 calories

1 tablespoon heavy cream:

52 calories

Grand total:

3,555 calories

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 2:54:17 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 11/20/2006 1:34:54 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

cheers--Sharon
I''ll cover my ears
23.gif
when you ladies discuss these topics, OK?
LOL......Me too Jeff!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I should be good all week so I can just eat away on Thursday....but today I was BAD!
14.gif

I had one of those all day meetings where they just keep on bringing food all day long!
38.gif
....I just can''t control myself when I''m surrounded by all these things!.....so for breakfast I thought I would just eat here and skip the breakfast there....well, I ended up having the top of a gingerbread muffin (it was delicious!)....then for lunch I had half a bagle with turkey but then had a cookie (it wasn''t a small cookie by any means)....and then I had half of another cookie
15.gif
!!!. Afterwards the entire team was going for dinner and drinks. I decided to skip the networking opportunity and go to the gym instead to my rumba class...hehe. I just told the team I had so much work to do and couldn''t meet them! right!
2.gif

I felt a little better after the gym...but it''s just one of those days when you feel stuffed!. Tomorrow we have day two of the meeting. I''m preparing myself mentally to stay away from all the goodies!!!!!!!!!...wish me luck!
20.gif

M~

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

Nejarb, $100/month seems high to me, but I don''t know what city you live in. In Tampa, FL, we pay about $30/month for a gym membership in a terrific facility. We also pay separately for personal training. For my partner and myself, we pay a little less than $100/hour for what they call "Buddy" sessions. The trainer trains both of us at the same time and he works us hard. It''s the best money we spend on anything period.

Mara: How depressing the 3500 Calorie Thanksgiving. There are many items on the menu I won''t have, so my meal will likely be way less, but still the things I will have will add to more than I typically consume in calories in an entire day. Still, I made it through Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday''s last year without gaining any weight and I intend to do the same this year.

Today as stated, was a no gym day. But I ran this afternoon. I ran the farthest I''ve ever run and it felt fantastic. My monitor said I ran nearly 8 miles. Funny how at the beginning of a run, my heart rate is high and I''m get a little pooped about 1 mile into the run. Then something just happens and my heart rate comes way down and my breathing becomes almost nothing and I get into this rhythm where I could just run and run without feeling tired or the need to stop. It''s an amazing feeling. I''m sure my legs will feel a little tired tomorrow, but tomorrow''s a gym day and I''ll push through the soreness and feel fine.

On the move front, my new employer has asked if we could please move up the start to early December. We had originally planned to be up in Raleigh for me to start on January 2nd. It just seemed better to go through the holidays and then get up there. To help provide incentive, they''ve offered to pay 1/2 of the rent on an apartment until we get our home sold and close on the new condo. So, tomorrow, we''ll probably give in and arrange to be up there in less than 2 weeks. This of course makes us feel a bit panicky as we need to make so many arrangements. Plus, the idea of leaving our home furnished and moving into a furnished apartment seems sad, but nothing is simple and we knew this would have degrees of complexity.

Anway, off to a good week fitness wise. I can''t wait till my next run. Oh, I forgot to mention it was really chilly and windy when I ran. I know this sounds funny to all the northern folks, but it''s the first time I''ve ever run in sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt, but it was actually kind of fun to run and not be so gosh darn hot and sweaty. Not that I didn''t sweat. I did. I always do, but in the typical Florida heat and humidity, I REALLY sweat buckets, so it was refreshing to run in such cooler temps. It will be interesting to run in Raleigh. It''s much more hilly there and I''ve only run outside of flat Florida once.

I hope everyone''s off to a good week.

Lorelei: You should still give your hubby a pumkin (cinnamon pie) on Thursday to make him feel at home!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Rod - I know what you mean about the weather!!! I''m in S. Florida (close to Ft Lauderdale) and I have my windows open!!! that just doesn''t happen very often when you live down here!...and tonight I actually had to bundle up and wear warm clothes for my walk
36.gif

*sigh* I wish we had more days like this one!...I love it when it gets a little chilly out!!!!!!

M~

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 3:08:28 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
And notable too, is the fact that Jeff and Rod have 101 years combined life experiences to share.

Now don''t you feel younger already???
As part of the century mark, thanks for making me feel more ancient Jeff!!! LOL LOL
32.gif
39.gif
23.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 8:31:14 PM
Author: Mandarine
Rod - I know what you mean about the weather!!! I''m in S. Florida (close to Ft Lauderdale) and I have my windows open!!! that just doesn''t happen very often when you live down here!...and tonight I actually had to bundle up and wear warm clothes for my walk
36.gif

*sigh* I wish we had more days like this one!...I love it when it gets a little chilly out!!!!!!

M~
Mandarine, if you''ve been reading, we''re moving to Raleigh. I''ve lived in Florida for the last 12 years and I''ve grown to love the barely perceptable changes in the seasons (though it''s going into the 40''s in Tampa tonight - and we had to sit inside at Starbucks for a change), but it''s going to be a major change living in the Carolina''s.

Oh well, don''t they say change is a good thing?? I sure hope so.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
I see your move to Raleigh has been moved up. Must be hectic scheduling everything during the holiday season. Just wanted to pop in to wish you and Charlie a Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck with getting packed etc.. I think great things are ahead for you guys. Lisa
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know rod, that 3500 calorie thing is scary!!! i don''t drink any wine, i only drink water so that cuts out like 400 cals at least, and we also don''t have things like cheese platters for apps (but we do have artichoke dip!) and i am going to eat more green salad than mashed potatoes (and i am making the mashed potatoes so i use 2% milk and healthier items than most), but i will definitely have 2 pieces of pie...hee hee. though ours is blueberry and pumpkin. but at least we are doing the turkey trot that morning, i know greg and my dad will burn basically like 1k calories during their runs, lucky boys!!

today was a good eating day, i''m trying to be very good til wed at least. breakfast was fiber cereal mixed with honey bunches of oats, then i had a tall gbread nonfat latte for snack, and lunch was a bowl of this yummy thai curry tiger shrimp soup i got at the store (1.5 servings is 250 cals and yummy!!) that you just warm up in the microwave, and then a snack was a starbucks fruit parfait (huge hit in the office, the girls love them as they are nonfat granola, some fruit jelly kinda stuff, and fresh granola). then i had a 10 calorie jello cup and went to work out. dinner i just sauteed some shrimp in a bit of garlic, butter, and lemon juice and we had some roasted alexa potatoes, and a bit of salad. then greg and i finished off the gingerbread spice cake from last nite (even though greg ate like 3/4 of it and i just got a few scraps...lol).

workout was good as well even though the heart rate monitor is still definitely out to lunch. i basically worked out for 1 hour 10 minutes and on the treadmill for the last 15 minutes i had the incline at 14 with sweat practically pouring off me and the stupid HRM was again registering a random amount. so anyway according to the HRM i burned 575 cals but according to the machines it was more like 650. so whatever, either way, i wanted to burn 500 today, so at least i did that plus some. greg is playing around with my HRM so we''ll see if anything changes.

tomorrow night i am taking the night off from workout...because i''m brining our turkey and making a pumpkin pie and don''t feel like rushing around. wed i am leaving work early so i can hit the gym before coming home to make our pre-thxgiving dinner.

anyhow hope everyone is having a good start to the week!! and yes lorelei i think you should make hubby cinammon punkie pie as a present. hehee.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee, Mara, I have a tin of Libby's punkie pie filling in the cupboard and LOTS of cinammon
41.gif
, all I need are graham crackers and cream and we will be set! I am actually worse than Charlie, in as much as when I first started making these pies years ago, we had the Schwartz PP spice, I added what they said and didn't think it was enough - three quarters of a teaspoon bah! So I kept adding it from the pouring lid of the container until it smelled right and was dark brown
23.gif
Not being brought up on punky pies, I didn't know how they should be, but Hubby likes my version of cinammon pie with pumkin, so thats how I do it!
16.gif
Trouble is though with making him one, I don't have that kind of willpower not to eat any!

Had a great workout yesterday, 50 mins cardio, so getting back into the swing!

Rod, that is a shame that you have to now rush this move, but I know it will work out well, you might even have a white Christmas!
3.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 12:56:28 PM
Author: Tybee

Tybee
Tybee, try to get some Bodyglide. They sell it at running supply stores. It was a lifesaver for me when I ran the half marathon. You can put it on your skin under your clothes and it will stop all chafing. (It also won''t stain your clothing.)

I''m glad to see everyone else is doing well with workouts. I still work out 4 times a week, but the duration of my workouts has gone way down since I ran the half marathon. I''m running on the treadmill now since I hate running in the cold, and I can''t stand doing any more than 3-5 miles on it because I get so bored. So, I haven''t bothered posting about my workouts since I''m not really accomplishing anything, just trying to keep in somewhat decent shape. In April or May when the weather warms up again, I''m going to start training for a marathon.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
tybee,

i''ve run several marathons in this bra. i have about 5 or 6 of them. it''s a champion. i''ll post another pic of its back in a second. my bra size is 34d. but i buy a 32c in this sports bra b/c it holds everything in tighter. i''ve never gotten chafed wearing it. i''m so picky about sports bras and socks b/c i hate bounce and i hate blisters.
("wright socks" are great. it''s 2 really thin layers of material so if there''s any rubbing it happens there and your feet stay out of it.)

front-bra.JPG

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
here''s the back. the same bra comes in a racer-back, but i prefer this one because the bra is snug and the racer-back somehow pulls the boobs too far up and together.

back-bra.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 11:24:23 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Rod,
I see your move to Raleigh has been moved up. Must be hectic scheduling everything during the holiday season. Just wanted to pop in to wish you and Charlie a Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck with getting packed etc.. I think great things are ahead for you guys. Lisa
1.gif
Thanks Lisa. It''s a little overwhelming and Charlie''s not too pleased. Last year we didn''t decorate for Christmas because we were moving out of our house into an apartment because our house had sold, but our condo wasn''t ready. This year we''re moving into an apartment in a different city, our house isn''t sold, so we can''t move into the new condo. Charlie really loves to put up the tree and we have like 3 billion ornaments. So, he''s pretty disappointed no tree two years in a row.

Anyway, I appreciate the kind thoughts as usual!!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
hey all!
Mara- you are scaring me with that menu!!! yikes! i don''t eat a lot of things on there - but we are HUGE wine freaks and I''m sure there will be more than a glass or two of that floating around all weekend. I''m also a huge bread junkie - I''ve been pretty good about it in daily menus, but I LOVE me some crescent rolls (my mom makes these special ones just for me - they are SOOOO tasty!) So those will be my 2 splurges - not too much into pie so luckily I won''t have those calories either.

Rod- wow! doesn''t it always seem like once things get moving they REALLY get moving? Nice that your company is offerring to pay for some of your rent - I haven''t had to move for work yet, but that seems like a great incentive to put a rush on things! Hopefully you guys will get everything arranged in time and are able to enjoy the holidays/your new place!!

Gals - gret tips on the bras. For some reason my brain never thought of getting a smaller sized sports bra - I usually just wear 2 at the same time - but just one smaller bra seems like a way better idea - i''ll have to run over to sportmart and try some on!

Did a great workout last night - of course this is the week I had planned to bump my workouts from 3 a week to 4 a week so i need to be really diligent in getting them done since we will be gone Wed night until Friday morning. Can''t be skipping anything in between if I want to make my 4 days.

We still haven''t gotten the treadmill over to our house from my bf''s parents'' house. Things just keep popping up left and right - and with the bf doing freelance work he kind of just gets busy at the spur of the moment without any set schedule. Which means that since we wanted to pick up the treadmill he had a bunch of projects he had to quote out and get started on since last week. Ah well - maybe this weekend afer the holiday.

It is supposed to be upper 50s here all week. woo hoo - for us in the frigid north that is super warm for this time of year!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know cailet i am a huge bread freak too. i made the mistake of buying a bag of fresh dinner rolls at the upscale market the other day and now i am like oh we can have one each for dinner each night with some butter!! and it's really not a huge deal but each one is probably like 120 cals and then about 30 cals of butter for a 150 'extra' thing on the dinner plate. but i LOVE bread and we don't eat it that often in the house because i will do what we are doing now with it, aka adding it to practically every meal, so after this bag is gone and thxgiving is over, it's DONE. no more bread in the house. hahha. i can stay away from bagels and tortillas and pasta and other empty nutritional high calorie kind of carbs but the right type of bread for me and it's all over! i also love those pillsbury round golden layered biscuits. i have a mini container (5) in the fridge. they are only 100 cals each but again with some real butter (and i have to have bread with a bit of REAL butter) so i am saving them. maybe xmas.

rod, awww i'm so sad for you guys missing xmas 2 years in a row. i am a huge christmas freak and we moved into our new place a few years ago in jan and i was bummed that we had not had our first xmas there and we had to wait a while year to have one in the new house. but when we did it was worth it. anyhow, moving is never really 'fun' for me, but the destination when you get there, whether it's 10 miles from your old house, or buying a new place when you rented before, or moving a few states over etc is always the real adventure. so just focus on getting there and then building again...that's the fun part.

nejarb, that bra looks pretty cool. i have such a pet peeve about tight things on my body, so i have a really hard time finding bras that hold me in that don't 'constrict' my chest when i breathe. i have a few tops that i love but i always hate shopping for new stuff. is this one pretty comfy around the chest area/ribcage?

so i decided to make a low cal pumpkin pie tonite. i got the pillsbury pie crust. interestingly enough, the low cal recipes using this kind of crust are like 200 cals per piece, not a huge deal. but the store one at this upscale market i saw have them for $6 and 270 cals per piece. so i was like gosh do i really want to deal with making one...i could just get that one cuz that's really not too bad. hahha. but hey whatever i will try it at home and see if i can also cut a few corners but not on taste (i love spices too)...the crustless pies are 70 cals so i guess most of the cals really are in the CRUST. maybe i can just cut off the big fat edge of the crust, or let greg eat those parts. hahaha. i LOVE pumpkin pie so finding a way to have a slightly healthier version is a real positive for me because as long as the holidays are here, i love having a pumpkin pie in the house. it's the only time of year we eat it. lorelei let me know how yours turns out too!!!

also tonite we are brining our turkey. so i am taking tonite off from workout...even though last nite i was snacking queen and kind of went over my caloric intake by about 150 cals. i'm sad about that, it's still in a good range, but i really wanted to stay under last nite and tonite so that wed and thurs i could splurge. but then i think okay well don't forget, i burned like 75 extra cals last nite (at least since who knows, if the machines were right i burned more like 150 over my goal), so its not all bad. and i have the rest of the week to ratchet up workouts...esp since we have the days off. i am excited about having some gym time on friday and sunday where i don't have to be anywhere within an hour or something. it makes me feel more relaxed when i work out.

so anyway, rambling now!! hope everyone has a wonderful day today..

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ach! I''m falling behind in my thread reading! I hate that... must catch up, looks like a discussion of Thanksgiving food... maybe
I should wait until after I indulge, ha ha! Wine is a kicker for me, love the stuff.. must be careful.

Sorry Gentlemen for the Bra talk!
cover your ears!!!

Thanks all for the advice. I do plan on getting some body glide. The area that rubs raw for me is where the base of the bra is, basically right over my rib cage, above my belly.
I''m not well endowed at all, so I have few bra worries, but that rubbing... ouch!!!
Thanks all for your great advice, another friend who is a marathon runner recommended that Champion bra, I just bought two yesterday... I guess it''s fun to have something new to wear for the race.

Okay, now back to read your posts...

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
mara, if you get 1 that is 1 cup size too small and also go down in measurement by 2 inches, then it is a little tight. it''s tight on your boobs but it''s not so bad on the ribcage, b/c it''s too small for the boobs and so the boobs almost pull it away from the ribcage (i''m not sure if that makes sense). i have 1 that is my true size, and it doesn''t give enough support for running (IMO) but it''s really comfortable--sometimes i wear it when i''m cleaning or going for a walk.

also, tybee, chafing is usu a problem if you''re wearing cotton. if you wear synthetic bra, esp if it''s a fabric that pulls moisture away from your skin, then you shouldn''t chafe. also, for support, look for a bra that is lined. 1 layer of material isn''t enough.

pricescope is such a distraction! i need to study not post messages about chaffing boobs!

but i really love this workout thread.
34.gif
17.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results