shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 1st Oct till 7th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Hope everyone had a great Fri night and is enjoying their weekends.

Skippy, awesome job on the walking and great news on the weight loss.

Monnie, I run after kids all day 3-4 days a week and I definitely think I''m getting a workout. A pedometer sounds like a great idea. I say you can count it.

I''m doing homework this morning. John got us tickets to see an Oscar Wilde play in Coronado this afternoon and then dinner reservations at a French place we''ve been saying we want to try for some time now. Should be fun, but I''ve gotta work before I play!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! sounds like everyone had a full friday...!! we had a fun day at work as we walked across the street to this party store where we get all kinds of things for people''s bdays and loaded up on halloween items to decorate our aisle. it looks awesome, we got lots of compliments. so it''ll be fun to have halloween items up all month and bring a more festive mood to the work environment. now if i can just continue to avoid the candy corn, all will be well.
9.gif

sushi last nite was wonderful as usual...this place never fails to deliver on tasty fresh items. i ate my typical rolls but sans rice...all the rice that was piled up on my plate afterwards had to be something like 1c+. crazy amount! we ate our desserts after, verra yummy. my workout after work was a little rushed since i got out of the office a little late so i did 25 min on the elliptical doing intervals (minute so hard i could barely keep tempo, minute rest) to try to get the most out of the time, and then did 15 minutes of arms and legs for weights and muscle resistance.

breakfast this morning was typical cereal, coffee. portia has a follow up vet appt soon so we''ll be heading off to that. then greg and i will do a hike this afternoon...and visit my grandma who just dislocated her shoulder this week, so she''s homebound, bored and cranky. she loves being teased by greg, who''s a big flirt, so he should be able to cheer her up a bit. then this evening we might go to dinner along one of the small towns along the train route or maybe we''ll drive somewhere, not sure. or we might walk downtown.

the days are about 70ish here but the nights are starting to drop quite quickly, last nite was about 45 which is pretty chilly for this time of year considering the days are 70ish. we actually put our heater on last nite. so guess it''s about that time!! i am welcoming the cooler weather, but it will be so funny to be in mexico for a week later this month in 90 degree weather. hehee.

mrs salvo hope your walk went well! skip yay for 2 lbs, that''s awesome. kim, have a great time at the play tonite. marcy, enjoy the choco chip cookie today...my mom made some yesterday and when greg picked up portia she sent some home with us...so they are calling my name as well.
3.gif
greg had one for breakfast with cereal. haha. chrono, if your pants fit you almost everywhere but the waist, do the extendo rubber band trick...where you wrap a small hair tie or rubber band around the button then loop through the whole and over the button again. it gives you about an inch...i do this with my smallest jeans on my bloated days when buttoning them just does not feel that good! and with a longer sweater or the babydoll tops that are so popular now, no one can see it.

anyhow, hope everyone is out enjoying their saturdays...!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha mara, the rubberband thing is what a lot of preggo women (myself included) do to make room for the growing belly. it really does work!!!..sounds like you guys had a great night. is portia ok? did i miss something somewhere?

Our morning walk was good, a little slower than we''ve been doing due to the fact that my sister who is 8 weeks pregnant started feeling the wonderful morning sickness mid-walk. She ate before she met up with us and thought it would tide her over but it didn''t. she was a trooper though and we still make it in about an hour which is good time for 3 gals who gab most of the time. starbucks was yummy too, although we''ve got a hot front here the high is 90 today so a warm drink wasn''t sounding go so we all opted for the iced vanilla lattes which were yummy. tonight we''re going to my sisters for dinner. she''s making scarecrow chili and i''m bringing a seven layer salad and we''re doing smores for dessert. we thought the weather would be more fall like when we planned the get together...lol...but it should still be fun and good...

i hope you all have a wonderful day!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Fiance is sleeping, poor boy. I got here and found skin and bones. Asked if he''d lost any weight and he weighed himself to find that he''s lost 10 lbs since July! Which wasn''t necessary at all since he was 5''10" 165 lbs, size 30 waist to start with. Poor boy has been stressed and not eating. I''m taking it as my mission to fatten him back up.

Last night at the airport I had a "naked burrito" from Qdoba, i.e. without the tortilla. Saves 350 cals or something! Decent for airport food.

For lunch we went to a noodle place...my noodles had lots of chicken, cabbage, and broccoli so hopefully they weren''t too bad. Then we split a cookie at Barnes and Noble (part of the above fatten-up campaign) and walked around the city for a while.

Buffet tonight. Then probably a movie later.

It''s funny you guys mention the buffet being an American thing. I guess it is, but I think fiance picked this up from his parents, who are immigrants. First time I met them they took me to a buffet. His mom (prob <100 lbs) sat there and polished off about 6 plates of food!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!

Sorry for not checking in last night. Skippy, Sushi was as usual just terrific. Pau Pau our waitress, was waiting for us when we arrived and everyone else knows not to interfere or suffer her wrath.......LOL. Of course we had our Frozen Yogurt with active yogurt cultures afterwards and then coffee sort of under the oak tree. We got all settled in and then a wind came along, followed by a heavy downpour. It''s rained a lot in the last few days. Not very typical for this late in the rainey season. So, we moved inside, along with everyone else who was getting rained on. Seating inside was at a premium, so everyone just sort of stood all over the place. It was actually kind of fun.

Today was a regular Saturday. Breakfast on the terrace, lunch at Panera, coffee at Sbucks, a little shopping, followed by a very productive gym session. Which lasted a bit longer than usual. From there we went directly to our favorite diner for dinner, frozen yogurt and Sbucks again. Tonight, it was just so beautiful sitting outside and a friend was there, so we wound up just sipping and chatting for a couple of hours. It was relaxing and comfortable all at the same time.

Tomorrow, will be a regular Sunday too. We''ll get in a good gym session in the afternoon, then cook something at home for dinner.

There haven''t been too many posts, so I''m guessing everyone''s enjoying their weekends.

I''ll check in again tomorrow evening.

I hope your walk was good Mrssalvo.

Have fun fattening up your fiance Basil. I''ve never been able to forget to eat, so I find it utterly amazing that there are people who become so engrossed in whatever and they just don''t eat. Amazing. Simply Amazing!!

Oh Monnie, I''d be huge if my family owned a diner and I could eat southern fried foods all the time. Actually, I was huge, but my parents owned a Baskin Robbins and a Mr. Donut. I remember taking a freshly fried donut across the street to the ice cream shop and putting two scoops of ice cream on it, then hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream and a cherry. I could this anytime I wanted. Sad to say that I did it way too often.

Yay for you getting on the elliptical Kimberly!! Our gym was pretty empty today, so I got to use my favorite elliptical and since I enjoy this one so much, I was able to push really hard and burn over 570 calories in 35 minutes and travel in excess of 4.5 miles. I like it when I can push that hard.

Marcy, glad you enjoyed you KFC. I''m afraid I''ve never been a big fan of KFC for some reason. I do know they have just eliminated trans fat in all their franchises nationwide. That''s a good thing as trans fat can be a killer.

And finally YOU GO SKIPPY. Two pounds down is a great thing!! You keep up that walking girl. It''s obviously doing terrific things for you!!

Sleep well everyone!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone,

sorry i haven''t checked in since Wed. i started to feel really poorly late this week and finally know what the heck my deal is with feeling so tired while running/working out. i have an iron deficiency and have anemia as a result - just found out for sure yesterday. not a huge deal and very treatable - my mom developed the same thing when she was my age. and i am almost relieved to find out something was wrong b/c i was really starting to wonder if i was crazy or something.

anyway, my doctor has asked me to forgo on my heavy training for a month or so until things stabilize but i am allowed to lift and continue with cardio with a few limitations (the marathon is posponed for now) and as long as i feel ok.

the good news is that i lost another 2 lbs this week though!!! woohoo! so clearly this calories tracking is keeping me honest
3.gif
. i think i will go back to biking and swimming for the month i have to lay off the higher impact activities like running but i haven''t really sat down and mapped it out yet. hope everyone is enjoying the weekend....it''s 90 degrees in cincinnati this weekend which is just CRAZY for this time of year!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We had a great day shopping but I ate too much for supper so feel a little uncomfortable now but took an alka seltzer. I ate a small breakfast so I was really hungry by supper and ate more than I normally would. We ate supper at Pappadeux and I had wine, a piece of garlic bread, ½ of a filet, 1/2 a baked potato with butter and some reeses BP cup cheesecake (we split a piece but didn’t finish it).
We had a nice time shopping. We got my DH a green silk Tommy Bahama’s shirt for this B-Day and a new pair of shoes. I bought a twin set discounted about 65% and we got some new knifes. A nice thing happened in Eddie Bauers today. In August when we were there shopping I was just starting to buy XL clothes. I was looking through some sweaters and this girl comes by and tells me the plus sized clothes are over there. I was thinking “thanks a lot”. Today I was just browsing through some sweaters and this guy comes by and says those are too big for you; those are plus size. You need a L or XL. Yeah. I tried on several anniversary bands with my wedding set and we both decided they just don’t look right with my rings so I think I’ll upgrade my diamond stud earrings for Christmas.
Skippy, yippee and woo hoo for loosing 2 pounds and your clothes being loose. I am so excited for you. We are expecting snow here tonight so I am glad not to be camping.
Kimberly, I hope your dinner and play were wonderful tonight.
Mara, that sounds fun to have your aisle at work decorated for Halloween. I had my one day of eating some candy corn a few weeks ago so I hope to refrain from eating anymore. We saw all sorts of colors of candy corn today at a cooking store. I liked the pink and purple combo. Sorry to hear about your grandma; that is nice of you guys going by to visit and help cheer her up. I hope she gets better soon. Your weather sound like ours lately but tomorrow’s high is going to be about 50 with lows in the high 20’s. We might get some snow too. My husband and I split a chocolate chip cookie at the mall today. It was very good but I’m sure it’s not as good as your mother’s cookies. I like the hair band trick. I’ve been eyeballing some babydoll tops and thinking about trying one on to see if I like it.
MrsSalvo, sorry to hear your sister had morning sickness but I am glad you all make it through your walk. So your temps are in the 90’s; enjoy that heat for me.
Basil, sorry to hear your FI is skin and bones; it sounds like you are taking good care of him though. Isn’t that amazing that someone so tiny like you future MIL can eat so much food at a buffet?
Rod, it sounds like you had a lovely time last night even though you had to go inside from the rain. Donuts and ice cream don’t sound like a good combo to me but I’d sure eat them separately. The KFC wasn’t bad but I only eat there about twice a year; I do like chicken a lot but can only eat is sparingly due to food allergies.
Tdiddy, woo hoo for loosing 2 more pounds. That is wonderful news. Sorry to hear you have an iron deficiency but it sounds like they can fix you up in no time. I am glad to see you are planning other ways to exercise while you are not running. I hope you enjoy the heat for me too.
Take care and have sweet dreams.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow for everyone having a little heat wave...enjoy it before the cold comes right? but yeah i am in the fall mood too so it's funny to think about having super hot days again.

marcy hope you enjoyed your KFC. i love me a little KFC sometimes, total guilty pleasure, along with taco bell. but literally i have that maybe like 2x a year. i never feel so great after eating it. guess that should tell me something eh?! oh and my mom's cookies were super yummy. we have 3 left...i figure we'll save them for tomorrow! where do you live that it's so cold you'll get snow so early? i want to say wisconsin but i think that's wrong?

rod, yay for pushing hard on the treadmill and a fun saturday. i agree with you on never forgetting to eat...i have always been the same way hehee.

basil, sorry to hear that your fiance is not taking good care of himself, definitely have fun with fattening him up a bit!

mrs salvo, nope you didn't really miss anything, portia had a tooth cleaning last week and a little stitch on her nose from where they took care of a tiny cyst she had...but she looked pretty funny with a shaved end of the nose and a pink stitch. she pulled her stitch out this week so we just wanted to go in for a follow up!!

tdiddy, sorry to hear you have anemia...but yeah that is really no fun. i was anemic when younger and actually still have a hard time keeping my iron up sometimes...the last test i had noted that my levels weren't that high AND apparently my body has a hard time holding onto iron. so i try to eat more iron rich foods as well.

today was a nice day for us. the day was about 70 and sunny, so really pretty out. took P over to get her follow up. she got the clean bill of health and teeth look fab...so that was great. then since my girlfriend lives up the street from our vet, we walked over to see if she was home, and she was...so we just hung out and chatted for about an hour. it's been a while since we have been able to get together so i'm glad she was home. when i got back home, greg had gotten back from rehearsal and gotten us lunch. i had a chicken breast pita with cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus and chicken breast in a pita. i ate 3/4 of the insides and 1/8 of the pita itself. we had 2 chocolate chip cookies (homemade from mom!) for dessert. so yummy, haven't had a homemade cc cookie in months!! then we setup our new directv tivo dvr...our old unit was starting to fail. then we went to visit grandma, went to order some new honeycomb shades for our upstairs bedroom, then caught the train and walked to get burgers (1mile walk from train station to the burger place) at our absolutely favorite place. i had a cheeseburger with cheddar, super tasty fries with ranch and we shared fried zucchini. YUMMY!!!

on our way back to the train station, we stopped at this indian supermarket which intrigued us on the way over, very traditional and we found some spice mixes to try our hand at for dinner this week at home. i love tandoori chicken and greg loves this chickpea masala as well. this place was so awesome, they had all sorts of authentic items! so i'm glad we decided to stop and make a little adventure out of it. caught the train back home..then took princess P out for a 2m walk. stopped at this new coffee place near the house that i am in love with as their coffee is SO GOOD. i swear now after having both peets and this place, when i have starbucks it tastes like warmed milk...i'm like where is the coffee?? so we got drinks to go and then did our walk. a bunch of the neighborhoods decorated for halloween so it was fun to walk around and check things out.

so, busy yet fun day...we got our walks in (~4m total, yay) even though it wasn't a grueling hike. tomorrow greg has a rowing race, so i'll take that opp to hit the gym up on my own and burn some cals and lift some weights. then in the afternoon we are meeting our regular group of friends at a local small town fall festival which should be fun...and then we're catching dinner with them as well.

hope everyone had a great saturday!!! it's almost bedtime as we are exhausted...whew. happy sunday all.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Bonjour!

I'm back from my FABULOUS trip to France. Oh guys, it was a dream!

Unfortunately, I'm suffering from a bit of jet lag. It's 5a here and I've been up since 3:30a. I just hope i'm able to sleep tonite as it's back to work tomorrow (yuk!)

OK, so back to France..... DH and I ate such wonderful food! The French certainly know how to live life, and food is not something "bad"- they totally celebrate it! I can count on one hand the number of overwieght French I saw. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that they eat simple, fresh food, and smaller portions. The portions we were served at restaurants would NEVER fly here in the states (so sad!). We visited a couple of the open-air markets where they buy their food, and it was a delight! Rows and rows of fresh produce, seafood, cheese stands, bakers, rotisseries (sp?) etc.... we usually picked up a couple of items and picnic-ed iquite frequently.

We discovered a new love for cheese! I ate it almost everyday, and it truly is served as a separate course in most restaurants (or in place of dessert). The cheese selection at WF won't cut it for us anymore, i'm going to have to see if there's a true cheese shop here in L.A.

The bread and pastries were delish. Croissants and pain du chocolates like you've never tasted before. The macaroons were melt in your mouth, as well as the fruit & lemon pastry tarts (my favorite!)

And the wine was just divine! We went on a great one-day tour with a guide in the Cote de Nuits area of Burgundy, and visited several wineries. One was a large, Napa-style winery with a posh tasting room, and the others were serious mom and pop operations. They made the wine in their garages or basements, and the "tasting room" was their kitchen! We tasted everything from simple Village wines all the way to Grand Cru wine (hubby was in heaven then!)

So y'all would think from reading my post that all we did was eat and drink, right? Well, of course we saw the sights, and walked a ton! I really wish I would've had a pedometer on me. We guestimate that we walked an average of 6-7 miles a day- maybe a bit less in Dijon, but certainly that in Paris. My feet are totally trashed.

So after 12 days on Holiday, I'm happy to report that I actually lost about 2 pounds! My clothes during the trip certainly didn't feel tighter- yahoo!

As I mentioned before, it's back to work tomorrow (yuk) and this week will be HELL. We've got a division meeting with our L.A team and the midwest team in our offices this week. It'll be days of being locked up in a large conference room, and eating crap "meeting food". oh well... i'm sure i'll be daydreaming about France.

I got caught up on this week's posts, and just have to say that y'all are on a roll. Kudos to Marcy for reaching another milestone
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all! I''ve been trapped at school until 8-9 at night most of the last few days, so I haven''t been able to post. Parents'' Back to School Night on Thursday went ok...however, it started out terribly. When meeting with the senior classes parents (I am one of the senior class homeroom advisors), my MENTOR (Zippy''s bestest buddy) led off the meeting thusly: "Hi...I''m Mentor Lady and I usually run senior homeroom w/ Zippy. We all here at school REALLY miss Zippy and CAN''T WAIT for him to come back...couldn''t happen soon enough. Oh, and here''s his sub, JAS."

And yes, she emphasized it like I wrote it.

Needless to say I was burning. DH and I have been talking about how to handle it (this is one in a long line of snippy comments made by 4 of Zippy''s best friends at school...plus Zippy).

What a pain in the rump!

Anyway, my eating has been a little more unstructured than usual due to off-time eating, but balanced out by the energy output at work. DH and I went to Michigan yesterday to go apple picking and we wandered around a few of the smaller towns in SW Michigan. It was a lot of fun...except that it was blazing hot. But we had a yummy, normal sized burger and fries at a quaint little mom and pop joint that I know was super-loaded with salt, which explains the slight gain I have today. Salt makes me puff up.

I am going to go find some apple recipes. Last night I made a gorgeous apple/spinach chicken which was divine! Of course some apple pies are going to be made and frozen. I hope I can find a good apple cookie or apple bread recipe. Could I type "apple" any more???

Basil -- you keep taking care of your FI!
Mrssalvo -- hope you are taking care of yourself in the heat!!! The dinner menu sounds delish!
Rod -- it''s so funny ... every time we go out for sushi, I think of you and Charlie. Because odds seem to be good that you''ll be enjoying it on the same day as we!
tdiddy -- so glad you went to the doctor and they were able to help you! Good for you for taking care of yourself! Yea on 2 pounds!
marcy -- hope you feel better...i''m so glad you had a better eddie bauer experience! Rock on!
mara -- i see you are continuing the dangerous trend of mentioning delicious cc cookies here. Why must you all torture me so? Hope Portia is well. We had Westies growing up and they are just the BEST. I''ve never even heard of chickpea masala, but I adore chickpeas, so please let us know how it turns out!
Charger -- welcome back! The trip sounds amazing! It sounds like you could write a chapter in that book about why French girls don''t get fat. Which may indeed be the title. I will wish you blissful and serene thoughts of France during your meeting.

Off to cheer on a friend who''s running the marathon today!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Rod, your scheduled evening souds so pleasant!
2.gif

Enjoy the festival, Mara, they are one of my favorite things about the bay area, there''s always a festival of some sort going on, so fun!

Marcy, hooray for being told to remove yourself from plus sized clothing! What a cool feeling!

Jas, sorry you had another bad day. What a bummer.

Welcome back, charger, your trip sounds so wonderful. And hooray for weight loss!

So the play was really cute, and dinner was yum. I had onion soup, beef bourgounion (sp?) and we split a piece of the most delicious gingerbread cake. Today is probably going to be all about school as well.

Have a great Sunday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back CG! and wow does france sound phenom from your descriptions. fabulous cheese and pastries? lots of walking? i'm there! hehe. glad you had such a fab time!! and yeah doesn't coming back to reality suck?? i guess it makes us appreciate the vacation parts even more!

jas, i am so sorry that zippy's evil minions are making your life hell. seriously, just think of karma and try to be zen. think on the positive side, that kind of behavior will never get them into heaven.
11.gif
and yes i know i mentioned cc cookies, and how good they were...but i haven't had any homemade ones in MONTHS. so i felt i must share. the other 3 are still calling my name. if i can hold out til later today it'll be a miracle.
2.gif

kim, i know aren't the festivals here great? during the summer there are too many for us to go to, so we typically try to get to two...but i like the fall ones because it's cooler and you can enjoy it more than when it's 90 out and everyone's sweating like a pig. i also want to try to catch the half moon bay pumpkin festival this year, if it already hasn't happened.

greg has a rowing race this morning, he's probably gearing up for 20 min of sheer heart racing torture right now (his heart rate gets up to about 190 and it stays there for all 20 min of the race, yikes, no wonder he stays so skinny!)...it was an hour and a half drive for him to get up there which sucks. so he won't be home until probably early afternoon unfortunately. and then we are meeting friends later for the fall festival in los altos. so i made myself breakkie when portia and i got up...oatmeal pancakes with almond milk and cinnamon, sugar free syrup. an egg white and center cut bacon for some protein. a nice balanced breakfast!!! in about an hour or so after some digestion has occured, i will head out for the gym and do something active. i thought about maybe doing a workout here, which i guess i could just as easily, as i really just want to get my heart rate up for a while, so i don't know which i'll choose. it's kind of chilly out. i also need to get our grocery shopping done at TJ's and finish up my massive loads of laundry. its days like this when i wonder why i have so many darn clothes and how do i wear them all? greg has like 2 small loads of laundry a week and i do like 4.

anyhow, happy sunday all, hope everyone is warm and cozy inside if it's chilly outside, or if it's 90 degrees hope you are out enjoying the last nice hot days of 2007!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I biked 9 miles this morning. I am so out of shape for biking.
15.gif
He kept saying I don't see how you can walk 5 miles and not bike easily. He bikes a lot too, just as an fyi. I said well that is why people need to cross train (working different muscles). What do you guys think??? It was a good workout; my breathing was heavy and we were going up hills! Or am I just a wimp? I thought I would add biking into my routine to get better at it. We are off to a movie w/a friend!!! Happy Sunday all
35.gif

Tdiddy yay for the 2 lbs. We are in the 2 lb club tongether.
2.gif

Mara, yay for hiking!!!

Rod, sounds like a lovely evening and busy! How is the weather? Gorgeous I bet!

Basil, fatten that man up. hehee

Marcy, sorry your tummy hurt. Hope you feel better! Wow, it is cold!!

Kimi, whoo hooo for the workout!

Charger, I will be in Paris this spring. I would love to hear which places you recommend, please! I am excited and happy you had a great time. Whooo hooo on 2 lbs.

Jas, so sorry about the lamo teachers. You rock in my book so boo to those dorks! Have fun cheering on your friend; you are such a good pal!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!
35.gif
I made DH some star and moon shaped pancakes for his B-day breakfast. He thinks I’m a flake when I make him cutesey things but I wanted to make him something special. Then I went grocery shopping. I made a pan of low fat lasagna this afternoon to bake for supper. Sounds like a good idea to have some leftovers for supper this week.
Mara, I am in southern Wyoming. We are actually late for our first annual hard freeze. We didn’t get a drop of rain or snow last night but it is chilly and windy here today. Enjoy those remaining ccc for me. Taco Bell or Taco Johns is a treat sometimes for me too; it is funny how things like that do mess you with after you don’t eat them very often. I’m glad to hear Portia is okay, poor little thing getting a cyst removed. Your walks yesterday sounded nice and relaxing; a nice change of pace from your normal hikes. Greg’s row racing sounds very intense – holy cow! My husband is off playing golf in Colorado today so I am free to goof off at leisure today.
ChargerGirl, your vacation in France sounds absolutely wonderful. How awesome you dined on such delightful food and came home 2 pounds lighter. That is terrific. You certainly walked enough to burn off any extra calories. Sorry you have to go back to work so soon with jet lag; I hope the memories of last week help you get through the meetings this week. Thanks for the kudos on my new milestone.
Jas, your school sounds like it’s full of nasty, rude people. 2 more months to go – I’d be counting down the days. I’m fine this morning; thanks for asking.
Kimberly, I thought it was kind of funny that the same store where I was directed to plus sized clothing 2 months ago had another person direct me to the misses section. Both times I was just looking at the clothing not really the sizes. I am glad to hear the play was cute and you had a great dinner including some gingerbread.
Skippy, wow; that is a serious bike ride. I am sure walking and biking use different muscles. If you add riding bikes to your daily routines; you get more used to it. I am fine today thanks. I just got done brewing up my low fat lasagna. It works out to about 255 calories for 1/12th of the pan. When I was comparing calories at the store one brand had heart smart sauce and it was 30 calories more per ½ cup that traditional sauce. I went with the traditional sauce. I am anxious to try the lasagna. It got in the 50’s here today; I guess the storm that was moving through the region broke down. Woo hoo! Have fun at the show!
Laters everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you and my hubby would get along; he makes me a heart shaped pizza everyone Valentine''s. If I find the picture I will post it sometime. hehee I think that is sweet that you made him special shaped pancakes for his bday. Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby Marcy!!!
emcake.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back CG........It sounds like your trip was fabulous and I know the food was divine. But, how about losing 2 pounds to boot!! That''s just fantastic!!

Glad the play and dinnere was so nice Kimberly!!

Jas, I get so sad when I read how badly they''re treating you. I can actually Zippy say it the way you wrote it. I''d have to find a a way to conveniently trip Zippy if it was me. People like that DO get theirs. You may not be around when the do, but I do believe "what goes around, comes around!" I''m sure you''ve handled yourself with nothing but the highest degree of dignity and you don''t deserve such shabby treatment.

Hope you enjoyed the fistival Mara. We love the festivals here in Florida, which are just now gearing up. We get them all fall, winter and spring. Summer''s a bit too hot and rainy for outdoor festivals though. I''m sure we''d love the ones in your area for sure. Greg''s rowing gig sounds brutal, but oddly enticing. There was a time when I would have thought people who did something like that needed psycho therapy. Now, I can actually see myself doing something like that. I hope he had a good time and his team won!!

Skippy, the weather''s unbelievably hot and humid for this time of year. It should be at least 10 degree''s and about a billion percent less humidity. But, at least it didn''t rain all day, except.......more to come on that subject. Woo Hoo on a 9 mile bike ride. That''s great and it was nice you and hubby could enjoy it together!

How sweet of you to make moon shaped pancakes for hubby''s birthday breakfast. We haven''t had pancakes in the longest time and Charlie was commenting he''d really like to have some soon. Our favorite diner is famous for their pancakes, so we were thinking about doing that for lunch just before the gym next weekend. Hmmmmmm.......now I want some pancakes. Brrrrrr, it sounds too cold where you live. Not that I''d mind a little cooler weather, but I don''t care for really cold temps at all. At least I learned my lesson with our 5 month stay in Raleigh last winter. Rod may visit a cold or snowy place, but he most assuredly won''t live in a cold or snowy place.

We had a really nice day today. It was too hot for sure, but at least it was breezy. Because of the sun''s position this time of year, it was really too hot to have breakfast on the terrace as the sun was beating directly on us, but we just took our shirts off and that helped a bit. We really can''t wait for the first real cold front to make it through the state. It will only be a matter of a week or two before that happens. Then we headed out, had a quick lunch, coffee at Sbucks and hit the gym. I worked out a bit harder today, since tomorrow''s a day off. Nothing unusual, just did more reps, more machines, etc.

Then we went to our favorite specialty grocer and picked up snacky foods for dinner. We had decided hot or not, we were going to take a walk after dinner. So, we cleaned up and headed out. The sun was much lower, so it wasn''t blistering hot and it was breezy. But you could see one of those dark clouds in the distance and we just didn''t think it was heading our way, so we continued walking. There were loads of people on the sidewalk on the bay. Skaters, runners, walkers, talkers and just about everything in between. So, we got about 1.5 miles from home and that dark cloud decided to descend on us. There wasn''t any lightning or thunder, but it started to pour and it was cold and we started to laugh so hard. We were completely, utterly soaked by the time we made it back to our condo. It was actually a lot of fun. And I have to say that we didn''t look half bad in "wet t-shirts" either. LOL.

It''s almost time to settle in with the kitties and watch Desparate Housewives. I hope you all had a great Sunday and are looking forward to the new week.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening Everyone,

We spent the day running around San Diego trying to find pepper plants. We went to 5 nurseries and had no luck so John is going to start them from seed. I did something I never do while out running around, I ate McDonalds! It''s been a long time. I''d say I have fast food 4-6 times a year, it was a nice treat.

I''m making CL chicken pot pies for dinner.

Have a great end of the weekend.

K

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, that is cool your husband makes you a heart shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day. How romantic. I would love to see a picture of it.
Rod, pancakes aren’t that bad and I use the lite syrup on mine. I hope you get to enjoy some at your favorite pancake place this week. I like to make cutesy things for hubby when I get the chance. I always laugh when you say “Rod doesn’t like . . .” about snow and ice. I’m not a fan of it either but I don’t want to move. You know me – I like living in my comfort zone and this is my home. Too funny you guys enjoyed the wet t-shirt look. What else can you do but have fun with it?
Kimberly, interesting you are looking for things to plant. I need to get my flowers pulled and have my husband move our small pots to the shed. I am a big fan of McDonald’s fries but if I get fast food it’s usually Wendy’s since I like their burgers better.
Sweet Dreams my PS WWT friends.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, we''re planting like crazy. We''ve added: pepper tress, magnolias, canna lilies, olive trees, southern oaks, pine trees, hibiscus, and fruit trees. Our yard was a vast expanse of dirt and we''re now making it look like a place where people actually live. So exciting!

McD''s was closest, so that''s where we went. It was fun to eat something I won''t usually and I was HUNGRY!

Havea great evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimbelry, it sounds like you are planting a wide variety of plants and trees. You''ll have to take pictures when it all starts flourishing. I am sure it will look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results