shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 1st Oct till 7th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning fellow WWT’rs.
35.gif
I made it to minus 126 this morning.
36.gif
Only lost .6 pounds but it’s a lot more in grams – if only I knew how to convert it without looking up a formula. Tee hee.
Mara, your dirt suggestion had me LOL. It could be chopped up nuts – yeah! Fiber for sure, right? If you use diet margarine they’ll get really, really hard and never burn. I am glad your soup turned out so good. I’ll have to try it.
Lorelei, thanks for the tips on working my arms. I can’t find my dumbbells though. I may have thrown them away; I have arthritis in my thumb joints and they were really flaring that up when I was using them before. I tend to throw things away that are hurting me because I forget and use them again. I did that with an ultrasonic toothbrush. Went to the dentist and allergist 4 times figuring I was facing a root canal or had a sinus infection and turned out to be the tooth brush was just too much pressure on my teeth. That sucker went in the trash! DH points them out to me all the time he could have had one of those if I hadn''t thrown it away.
Have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you could try resistance bands as they may be easier than weights for your arthritis, I have a couple and find them easy to use and good for arm exercises.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Marcy, congrats on hitting 125 lbs. Another amazing accomplishment!

Mara, the soup sounds delicious...if it ever gets cold here it would be a great lunch or starter for dinner!

Dee, I just caught that you had carrot cake for breakfast the other day...YUMMY! I''m going to my mom and dad''s for Halloween, maybe my mom will make her cc, it''s truly the best.

Lorelei, good for you for finding ways to exercise without your treadmill!

I''m observing again today and in charge of dinner tonight (it''s about time!).

Have a great day all.

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 9:41:48 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Dee, I just caught that you had carrot cake for breakfast the other day...YUMMY! I'm going to my mom and dad's for Halloween, maybe my mom will make her cc, it's truly the best.

We'll if we're going to talk about carrot cake... A few weeks ago someone brought a home made one into my office and I (surprise, surprise!) had a slice. When I bit into the first bite I thought "Ack--raisins!" because I don't really like raisins *in* things (although I have no problem eating them alone). I had checked out the cake ahead of time to see if there were raisins in it and i didn't see any, so I went routing around with my fork to figure out what was going on and it turned out to be tiny pieces of pineapple. Delicious! I would have been skeptical if you told me about it, but tasting it was so YUM!

I have not done much (translation: almost no
38.gif
) working out since I got back from vacation, and we are going up to Lake Geneva, WI, this weekend for out annual Columbus Day trip. We stay at the world's cutest B&B, the key part of that being the second B! The owner makes a breakfast every morning that is TO DIE FOR. And you're sitting there thing, OMG I will EXPLODE if I eat one more bite, and then she'll come out with yet another fastastic something right out of the oven... !!!

Last night I walked home from viewing a property with a client and I got Indiana take-out on the way. I brought the rest for lunch (SOOOO tempting to have it for breakfast, but then I would have had to go out and find something for lunch and I have to make an inspired trip to the office supply store so I didn't want to waste the extra time). It's in the fridge though, calling out to me every now and then so I remember that it's there!

Next week is my last week at work (or so they tell me, ha ha!) which means come the 13th I am a FREE WOMAN. (Yes, the panic has started to set in already, LOL.) There will be NO EXCUSE for not working out virtually every day, unless I suddenly become SO BUSY with clients that I don't have time to go to the gym, in which case the commission will be rolling in at such a fast and furious rate that I'll just *pay* someone to work out for me.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I got INDIAN take-out, not INDIANA take-out, last night. See what happens when you live in the Midwest too long!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, glad you are getting some weight lifting in!

Kimi, have a great day and have fun making dinner! I forgot to mention I like your avatar!!!

DeeJay, I love carrot cake. That was our wedding cake (3 tiers of carrot cake). hehee Yay for being a free woman on the 13th!!! You better celebrate
11.gif
Hey, just pay me to workout for you; I'll do it! I was wondering what Indiana take out was? I thought it was a chain restaurant!! I love Indian food, yum.

Shortblonde, kudos on the 2 lbs and enjoying your new dance class!! Sounds like a blast!

Rod, sorry you had a long day. I am going to start the core workout tomorrow; I read about all the exercises so it will be interesting to see if it helps w/my back pain. I am hoping it does.

Monarch, I threw out my consumer reports, but what I recall the 9-3 is not exactly reliable and the 9-5 has improved in reliablity from when I bought mine. I actually have the 9-5; I personally like the size of the 9-3 better. I would check out consumer reports. I love love love the way it drives but after the warrenty expired we spent $1,000 to $2,000 a year to have repairs fixed. It sort of got better now lately but when it was new I kept having to take it in so if you do buy a saab I would buy an extended warrenty. It snowed like crazy here in ABQ this past year which is super weird. Well hubby drives a Mercedes SLK and he had the hardest time in the snow and me, no problem at all. I think that car was made for the snow, seriously. The ride is amazing for long trips and I love the leather. The pros outweigh the cons but repairs are for sure picey!!! I tell my hubby I will buy a Japanese car next time but he think I will buy a saab again; who knows. I am just waiting for it to break down completely before buying another car; I hate car pmts. If you have anymore questions let me know I and next time I will type them in your WW.

Yay Marcy, I am so happy for you on the weight loss. I could give you a big hug!!! Great job!

Jas, I forgot to answer your question about sewing. I am liking it but to buy a machine is pricey $900 so maybe that will have to be my anniversary gift. hehee I thought it was funny because everyone in class is super nice but I became friends w/some girl. Well it turns out she is an accountant so we ended up knowing some of the same people and we go to the same gym. Also, I thought it was interesting 2 single girls became friends; maybe people w/the same background flock together
37.gif
*shrugs*

I am off to do my walk! Catch you all later
9.gif
ETA: ops, confession time. I ate pizza last night and went a little over my calories but I think I will be okay since it was super thin crust.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday—I’d gotten three hours of sleep over the last three days, and I literally just crashed on the couch when I got home from class. DH carried me to bed at some point, then he woke me up later for dinner (I can’t even remember what it was), then back to bed I went and didn’t wake up until 8 this morning. I’ve just had a small cup of orange juice this morning, as I’ve been waiting for DH to wake up—I have no idea when he finally came to bed.

I’ve noticed that many of you already have a specific goal weight in mind, so I was wondering how you determined it. Is it a healthy weight you used to be, or just the recommended weight for your gender and height? I can’t really say I’ve ever been at a weight I knew was “just right.” For the most part, I’ve always been a little heavy, but during my first year of undergrad, I was actually considered “skeletal”!
23.gif
Mind you, “skeletal” for me was still a size 7! Damn these child-bearing hips! I think I’d probably be a toned 9 in an ideal world (10/11 right now), but I can’t really translate that into a weight—apparently definitely more than the 125 I weighed my freshman year.

Also, for those of you taking specific measurements with tape measures, where do you take the measurement? Just at the widest part (flexed bicep, for example)? I’m just not sure how telling this really is since my muscles get, well, bigger with working out. Or is that the goal?

Anyway, I just wanted to send out a super-special congrats to Marcy for losing over 125 pounds! That’s absolutely incredible! I know that’s taken a great deal of patience and effort, so congrats to you for sticking it out! You really are an inspiration to us all. I also agree with Lorelei about the resistance bands—I was going to suggest the same thing to you. They’re actually better for toning than dumbbells because you keep feeling the resistance throughout the entire exercise—not just when going against gravity. You could also try the weights that strap to your wrists or ankles, but I don’t find these as effective. I highly recommend resistance bands, though.

For those of you asking about triceps, in addition to the tricep kickbacks Lorelei suggested, you can also try tricep dips. Sit on the edge of a chair/bench (I actually use a step) with your palms flat on the surface on each side and your fingers wrapped around the edge. Move your feet away from you, keeping your core tight and your elbows in the same place, and use your triceps to lower and raise your body. If you’ve never done it before, it will become tiring very quickly, so rest a little between sets. For extra resistance, cross one leg over the other, so only one foot is in contact with the ground. This exercise is really hard on the wrists, though, so if you have any trouble with your wrists, do kickbacks instead. I’ll try to post pictures of these exercises this weekend.

Have a good day!
9.gif

ETA: Marcy, you can do tricep kickbacks with the resitance bands instead of dumbbells. Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart (don't lock your knees!), hold the band in front of you just below your hips with each hand at your side. Keeping your shoulders down and back, extend your forearms back while keeping your elbows at the same height. Adjust your hand position on the band until you feel the stretch in your triceps. Also, don't just fling your arms back to your sides after each extension. Instead, move them in slowly for double the workout--that's the benefit of the bands! You could also try this one arm at a time, but it might be more comfortable to move the opposite foot forward a little for better balance. There's also another exercise you can do for your triceps with either dumbbells or bands, but I just can't put it into words. I'll really try to take pictures this weekend.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I''m glad to hear everyone is doing well today!

Mara, that''s interesting about the weight training versus cardio. When I was at my lowest weight, I was doing tons of cardio per week (~60 miles biking plus 20 miles running) and no strength training. However, I just don''t have the time it takes now to get up to that level. I''ve been incorporating strength training with dumbells and such, but I often wonder if I''m doing it effectively.

Shortblondgirl, 2 pounds in 3 weeks is great! And kudos on resisting the "free bagel temptation"
1.gif

Rod, that''s awesome about you and Charlie gaining so much muscle!

Kimberly, so cute about your new title!

Marcy, oh my gosh, 126 pounds! Uh, that means you lost more than a whole me! I can''t even fathom the dedication that that must have required. You rock!

Lorelei, so sorry about the treadmill. Though I feel like I''m missing an inside joke...why is everyone calling it "pants"?

DeeJay, I was wondering what "Indiana" take out was
1.gif
I figured it was a restaurant I''d never heard of!

Skippy, I hope you had a great walk!

STW, to answer your question, I do have a specific weight goal. It''s based on a weight that I was previously though. My lowest weight was about 10 lbs lighter than I am now, but that was too thin. Maybe TMI, but I didn''t get my period at that weight. About 7 lbs lighter than I am now, I felt pretty comfortable. Right now, I''d like to be about 3-4 lbs lighter and firm and tone up. It''s not a huge difference and probably not noticeable to anyone but me, so I''m not really in a hurry to get there and I''m trying to avoid tying my daily body image to the number on the scale in the morning, so I haven''t been weighing myself every day.

Anyway, I worked last night so I didn''t work out yesterday. I had a slice of pizza for lunch, which was so worth it since I had a pretty long and stressful case after that. I made up for it by having a light dinner (Lean Cuisine with a cheese stick and granola bar). Today I had scrambled eggs with lite havarti and toast with smart balance when I got home and another lean cuisine for lunch after I woke up. I did another 425 cals on the elliptical with Harry Potter, and I''m off to do my dumbell workout now. For dinner I''m making a moroccan chicken and couscous dish my mom recommended.

Tomorrow I''m off to visit my fiance for the weekend so I can''t wait! I probably have to eat at the airport so that will be my challenge. Sat night he wants to go to a buffet restaurant. Why did I decide to marry someone who loves buffets so much? Oh well.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend, especially if you get the holiday off! (We don''t
29.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hey Sarah, to answer your question on how I picked a goal weight is I followed the WW way. I took 10% of my weight as my 1 st goal and then made commitment from there on my weight. I do good and feel good at 130-135. I have about 20lbs to lose so I am working on it. I hope you get a good nights sleep.

Basil, that is funny you questioned why you are going to marry someone who loves buffets

2.gif
. hehe I love buffets; I did well at the Bellagio buffet because I load up on fruits, veggies and fish. I also allowed myself a little dessert but I ended up not eating it except one bite (long story). I try to stay way from italian buffets because I have no self control. Use the small salad plate so you don't over eat. Yay for seeing your sweetie this weekend!!! I hope he isn't too far away. I did have a great walk, thanks for asking.

Yay, I got my walk in; I did 4 miles today and a few push ups.

9.gif
Have a lovely evening all. Mara, how was your hike? I wish I could have gone w/ya.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol basil re the buffet thing...i am SO not a buffet person!! to me they are just a symbol of everything that''s wrong with the american way of eating. it should be about quality not quantity! anway on the airport food, maybe take an apple and a luna bar and you should be fine. i always pack stuff like that for airport travel. have a great trip!

skip, my walk was great yesterday! i posted about it on the prev page i think. we did about 5.4miles..yay. today it''s visiting the trainer again. whew! i think i need a break hehe.

lorelei, oh that is such a drag bout the treadmill still not working, ARGH! just lift more weights...hehee.

sarah, for me it''s not just about a weight but more how my clothes fit. when i was at my smallest (about 6lbs lighter than i am now), i bought a bunch of smaller clothes esp expensive jeans i love and i want to ensure they still fit me. so i want to really lose FAT and build more muscle, rather than weight necessarily. funny thing is that my coworker just told me she thinks i look thinner now than when i was 6 lbs lighter and she thinks it''s because i am more toned. interesting how visuals can mean so much more than the scale for sure! and i can wear the jeans. so go figure. who knows. i just want to be more toned and lose fat. i am about 23% bf and i''d like to get down to about 20% or so.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All!

Sarah, the weight that sits well in my head is simply because I liked how I looked visually at that specific number; it''s also a number I know is attainable because I maintained it for a period of time. It''s sort of ridiculous though, and that is not what i would suggest you focus on. I would recommend you work on overall health and wellbeing and let the clothes and weight fall where they may.

I''m with Mara on the concept of buffets, or any restaurant that uses gigantor helpings that make people think they''re getting their $$ worth, forget quality (Claim Jumper comes to mind).

I observed today, then came home and prepped an egg salad so the ASD class I''m substituting for can put it together. They''re young kids, kindergartners, so they can mix and stir and peel the eggs, but no cutting for them!

I''m going to relax a bit before it''s time to make dinner.

Have a great evening all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Marcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 126 Pounds is simply amazing. It's like you've lost a whole person. Imagine carrying someone around every day who weighed 126 pounds. You probably would break your back, yet every day, you did just that. WOO HOO to the MAX!!!

I hate buffets too! Rod used to love them. He was the kind of eater they hated to see coming and he believed it was justified to "eat" his money's worth. Like you said Mara, Americans have a bad thing with food. It's the more is better mentality, which is one reason we are an "obese" nation.

Skippy, good for you on the walk and I hope the Core exercises in the book help your back. I may have said this before, but I was truly heading for back surgery. My back would go out so bad, that there were times Charlie had to literally help me crawl to the restroom. And I would fall down with back pain so bad, it would make me cry. I was a chiropractor's dream. I had to visit the chiropractor no less than 3 times a week. Fast forward two years and I am back-pain free. I believe with all my being that it's absolutely, utterly, 100% because of how hard I work my core. It's as if I have a second life. Trust me, if you religiously work your core, you will elliminate back pain permanently. It won't happen overnight, but over time, you'll see that you back hurt's less and less.

DeeJay, I was hoping you had found a new type of food. I thought.......hmmmmm, Indiana food........is it maybe some time of barbeque? LOL, I'm not much on Indian food though. Curry just doesn't agree with me.

So sorry the treadmill is still 'pahnts' Lorelei. That company needs to send a tech to your home at their expense and get it fixed.

Monnie......I don't want to rain on your parade, but I had a Saab and it was a Sob Story. I was so frustrated with it, that after only a few months, I got rid of it. I should have lemon law'ed it, but I just wanted the damn thing out of my garge. They're quirky and the front wheel drive would be good for Chicago, but I'd be careful before I leapt on that bus I'm afraid. I've also had friends who had really bad experiences with their Saabs too. Maybe since General Motor's bought them, it has not helped them make more reliable cars.

Sarah, I used to think I wanted to weigh under 170 pounds. I'm 5' 9.5", so not a tall guy for sure. I weighed nearly 240, so you can imagine I was a rather rotund little fellow. Now, I realize that less than 170 pounds isn't possible if I want to have a good physique, so I've really stopped worrying about my weight pretty much all together. I do my best to stay off the scale and don't weigh myself more than once (ok sometimes twice) a week at the most. I let my clothes tell me what I need to know. As long as my pants fit loose, my weight is likely doing just fine. I'm not sure if that helps you in any way as we likely have completely different goals, but you asked both genders, so that's my story and I'm sticking with it! LOL

Have a great weekend with your fiance Basil!!!

OK, it was a tough day. And it was well after 6 when we were walking out of the office, but I didn't say anything. And then Charlie just said it. He just didn't want to go to the gym so late and asked if we couldn't just go out for dinner instead. Afterall, we had just been the last two nights in a row, right. So we headed to one of our favorite restaurants, the Wine Exchange and I had this three bean soup with chorizo sausage that was to die for. Then for my entre, one of the specials was (and yes, ROD ORDERED IT AND ATE EVERY LAST MORSEL OF IT) Southern Pan Fried Chicken. I just could not resist. It's something we really can't find in Tampa, ANYWHERE. So, the opportunity to enjoy real fried chicken was just too compelling. See Mara, I may not be able to eat Pizza, but I sure did scarf up the chicken. I felt safe doing so, as we've gone to this restaurant a gazillion times and in all these years, it's the first time they've ever had this available. Pizza, on the other hand is available about every ten feet down here. So, I'm still not opening that flood gate. LOL Since we had fried chicken (only two pieces mind you) I just opted for steamed veggies as my side dish, and we didn't have desert either, so I didn't likely overdo it too badly, but to hell with it. If I did, I did. I had the best dinner I've had in ages!! So there!!

Tomorrow if Sushi night like always, so we won't be back in the gym till Saturday. I'll work out extra hard to make up for tonights indulgence.

Have a great evening and I to tommorrow - FRIDAY - Yipee! I hope everyone's looking forward to a good weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
My DH played golf after work so I made supper then went out and walked around our new Kohls. I found several things I liked but didn’t buy anything. It was my evening walk though.
Lorelei, I tried resistance bands a few times. If I can find some that aren’t stinky rubber then maybe I’ll get them. I’ll look at them while we are out shopping this weekend. Good idea for me to try; thanks.
Kimberly, thank you for the kind words. I like to see the scale go down. I hope you get to enjoy some of your mom’s carrot cake. Does it have cream cheese frosting? Yummy.
DeeJay, the pineapple sounds like a tasty addition to carrot cake. The B&B sounds marvelous and has great food too. What a deal. Yeah for you being a free woman on the 13th. I hope the money does come rolling in fast and furious; that would be awesome!
Skippy, I was sorry to hear you are still having back pain. You hadn’t mentioned it for awhile so I was hoping it went away. I hope the exercises help. Thank you for sending me the big hug for loosing another pound. It is going slower now but that just makes me appreciate the loss even more. I bet you make friends wherever you go even non-accountants. I made a pizza tonight but don’t think I went over my calories for the day. I used 96% lean hamburger, and 2% cheese so about ¼ of the pizza was about 400 calories. It tasted good. Good idea to use salad plates at buffets. I am glad you had a nice walk today.
Sarah, I picked my goal to get to where I am in normal weight range. Thank you for the congrats on my weight loss. I’ve been working on it over a year now and I am so delighted I decided to do it. I appreciate the tips on the resistance bands. I will watch for your pictures this weekend.
Basil, that is too funny I’ve lost more than you weigh. Thanks for saying I rock. It was sure an eye opener last weekend when my DH had me hold 25 pounds and I could barely hold it then multiply that by 5. This must be the week for pizza. Have a nice time visiting your FI. I hate buffets. I don’t mind an Italian one but most other ones I avoid if at all possible.
Mara, your walk yesterday sounds great. I hope the trainer comes up with some new ideas for you tonight. You are doing awesome at toning your body.
Rod, I can’t imagine carrying around a 126 pound person everyday. I’d be crying and whining all the time. Thanks for the big YAY!!! That is so awesome how your workouts completely eliminated your back pain. Your fried chicken sounds great. We were almost going to stop at KFC of all places for lunch today but I suggested we get a taco at a restaurant near the house. I can eat a hard shell and not feel guilty. That sounds like a bad day for me a taco for lunch and pizza for supper. But I only ate shredded wheat for breakfast so I am still within my acceptable calorie range for the day. I am so looking forward to this weekend!
Sweet dreams my WWT friends.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!

rod, fried chicken sounds yummy. and nope, one dinner with steamed veggies won''t hurt you as you well know!! we''re having sushi tomorrow night as well with our neighbors...!!

marcy, a taco and 1/4 a pizza is NOT a splurge woman. hahaha. now 1/2 a carrot cake is another matter hehee. yummy.

so somehow my trainer didn''t have me booked in for today and luckily i found out beforehand...so i ended up going to the mall and taking a day off from workout. i found some really cute fall items, and a dress for mexico 1/2 price for the wedding, woo hoo. did a bunch of walking around as well but i am happy to have a day off from grueling sweaty workouts hehe.

dinner tonite was the leftover chicken and wild rice soup from last nite...soooo yummy. two more large bowls for us and we STILL have another serving left!! i love how much it makes for so little cals. so i have my lunch for tomorrow basically!

on my way out from the outdoor mall that i went to...i stopped at this awesome little french bakery cafe and got a few mini pastry desserts for tomorrow after sushi. i got a mango white chocolate mousse, a lemon tart (love their lemon tarts!) and a fruit tart for us all to share. and a porto feuille which i love...it''s a pastry with custard inside, for greg and i to share tonite as dessert. yummy!!

tomorrow''s friday..yay! anyway hope everyone had a good day today.. skipp sorry to hear your back is hurting, i def agree with rod to try to strengthen your core once you feel better. hang in there.

have a great rest of the evening all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, your southern pan-fried chicken sounds fabulous! I''m so glad you enjoyed it!!! Even being a 2+yr. vegetarian, there are still some things I crave, and real fried chicken is one of them (ok, not the actual meat the the fried skin part for sure). My dad''s 24/7 diner, which has been in business since 1955, and is the last remaining of a chain of three restaurants--two of which were drive-ins--serves "country-fried" chicken, steak, pork, you name it, and I remember my older brother loving that stuff! Thankfully I''ve never been a huge fan of fried stuff, but every once in a while I miss me some grease! LOL! Thanks for the heads-up on the Saab''s reliability. I am a recent subscriber of consumerreports.org (dad used to get the magazine when researching his next car purchase), and I did notice that the model I''m looking at has a 65 out of 100 score on their reliability or recommendation rating, so I am well aware that there could be major issues. I''m set to test drive a 2007 pre-owned 9-3 2.0T with 17k miles on it tomorrow, the price is well below what I''d have expected to pay so I have to wonder what kind of issues this particular car has already had to be back on the market so fast. We''ll see... If you don''t mind or you get the chance, could you please respond to me on my Who''s Who thread re. my car purchase decision? No pressure, I just value your advice so if you get around to it that would be great. I''ve been discussing with Marcy and Skippy there so far. Maybe I should start a new thread devoted to the whole topic, ya think? LOL!

Sorry to hijack, WWTR''s! I haven''t devoted nearly enough time to reading everyone''s posts this week, and I''m sorry I haven''t been as responsive as I normally am. DH is OOT this week until Sunday night, so I''ve got the dogs to take care of myself, work has been extra busy (which is great!), I''m researching cars all the time, the Cubbies are in their Division playoffs this week, and I''ve just got too many irons in the fire!

As far as eating, I''m barely able to sit down for five minutes the past week or so and get some random nutritious matter into my body...fortunately I went grocery shopping Monday and got plenty of fresh salad mix and produce to fix quickly when I need some calories, and I''ve been taking Progresso soups to work to sip on when I get the chance. Progresso''s not my favorite as far as sodium content but the calories are perfect and if I throw in a slice of 7-grain wheat bread I''m full at least. Plus I got like 15 cans of soup for $15 which is a steal and was part of my little impulse soup buy, hehee!

Exercise...what exercise?
20.gif
Tell me really, WWTr''s...do you think that running around on your feet all day in high heels constitutes any type of workout? Should I wear a pedometer at work? I swear I''ve dropped another couple lbs. this week by the way my clothing is fitting, haven''t even had time to step on the scale in the morning! I can''t say this is the way I would ideally lose weight but it seems my metabolism is getting up there these days!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I know calorie wise I was fine for the day but I feel like I splurged a little eating 2 tasty treats in one day. ½ of a cc sounds divine. I am glad you found a great dress for ½ price and enjoyed a night walking the mall instead of an intense workout.
Monarch, I used to love the skin on fried chicken. Now it doesn’t even appeal to me; but I am a big fan of Chick Filet’s nuggets. I often indulge in those when hubby is out of town and I am at the mall. I am sure running around work all day in heals has got to burn calories. It sounds like you are too busy to eat much too.
Well, I am pretty “wide awake challenged” (as Jas might say) so I’d best get to bed. Jas, I hope you are having a better day.
Laters.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil - " pants" is a Brit way of saying something sux or is cr#p etc - it started back in the summer where we had a bummer of the wettest summer known to the British Isles, the weather was pants.

Americans always think of trousers as being pants, but here pants mean underwear!
37.gif

Our fellow WWTers got a giggle out of it as it was an unusual saying - so it kind of stuck - if anyone says pants on the WWT then we know something is - well...pants!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I never have time to check in here!
7.gif

But I am still working out! My new schedule is to work out every day except Monday and Friday.

I''ve begun jogging some. It''s a lot harder than speed walking, especially if you aren''t hydrated correctly! I''m only going about 2 miles, and then walking a mile or two.

My weight is holding steading around 117 for the time being.

My wedding set has always been a bit loose at size 6 (I don''t like the feeling of it being too tight when my fingers are swollen). But after losing 20 pounds, it seems to be too loose. I''m not sure if I should get them resized or assume I''ll swell when I get pregnant and can wear them longer then this way. I told my husband last night that the solution was to buy me a beautiful eternity band in size 5.5
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 7:15:50 AM
Author: phoenixgirl
Ah, I never have time to check in here!
7.gif

But I am still working out! My new schedule is to work out every day except Monday and Friday.

I''ve begun jogging some. It''s a lot harder than speed walking, especially if you aren''t hydrated correctly! I''m only going about 2 miles, and then walking a mile or two.

My weight is holding steading around 117 for the time being.

My wedding set has always been a bit loose at size 6 (I don''t like the feeling of it being too tight when my fingers are swollen). But after losing 20 pounds, it seems to be too loose. I''m not sure if I should get them resized or assume I''ll swell when I get pregnant and can wear them longer then this way. I told my husband last night that the solution was to buy me a beautiful eternity band in size 5.5
31.gif
Glad to see you PG
35.gif
Interesting tip that you find being properly hydrated can make such a difference to how you can jog etc ( from someone who finds jogging tortuous) maybe there is a lesson for me there, although I do drink plenty of water.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg i like the way you think, eternity band is a fab idea. and i agree running is a lot harder than walking, i love walking but am trying to learn to like running. i did sprints on the track team in college but i just never LIKED running and i was never an endurance runner. my father is a huge one though. and yeah running is a great way to get a workout in during a shorter period of time. so if i only have 30 min total, i will probably do a walk/run combo to get about 2x as many cals burned as i would just walking. i also have found that when i monitor my heart rate while running, i am able to go longer at a more slow pace. i just don''t love it because it''s also harder on our joints and internal organs as girlies.

monnie i def think running around in heels is a workout! and yay for loose fitting clothes. but sounds like the week hasn''t been all that FUN for you. hope you get some relaxation and ''me'' time in on the wkd. i''ll have to go check out your thread to see what is going on with the car thing. but you know what get my vote. however, gotta say that i was looking at greg driving the car the other day and he is 6 feet and his head maybe had like another 1-2 inches of space before it''d touch the ceiling. so i don''t recall how tall your hubby is but i think maybe 6''1" or 6''2" in which case he might not find it as comfy...but i am 5''7" (5''10" with heels typically!) and greg is 6 feet and we find it quite comfy. sometimes my chair is too far back and i have to move it fwd for my legs.

when we were looking we knew we wanted a mini based on everything we''d heard, read, seen. the only deal breaker would be the test drive. and i wasn''t planning to be super particular about it because i know that you can really get used to almost anything...so of course test driving a new car is diff than your old car etc. so i tried to not read too much into the test drive, but it was quite enjoyable. i knew i hadn''t tapped into the car at all really with the test drive...but i got a feel for the seat, the space around me...i don''t like how in a lot of small cars you don''t really have a very visual on your blind spots because many times the windows are smaller etc but in the mini that is totally not the case. i love how wide open everything feels. and the sunroof is a MUST. we LOVE that thing, i have it open every chance i get, even if the weather is chillier. it makes it feel more like a convertible but without the coiff ruining bugs in your hair experience. hehee. and since getting it, i just love it more and more. i am so glad we didn''t really let ourselves be swayed. the other car we WOULD have considered is the new volvo that just came out. i forget what it''s called but i think it''s C30 or something. it was not out when we got the mini, but i was looking at it online. it looked like a good ''other'' possibility. so if you haven''t checked it out, maybe give it a peek.

anyhow, off to the daily grind all!!! we''re getting sushi tonite with our neighbors and i have yummy desserts for us after. work is typical today...i have leftover soup for lunch and i''ll do an office gym workout this evening. going to do some elliptical, quats and lunges, and arm weights!! happy friday all!! woo hoo.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I put a link for you in your WW on fun cars to drive by cr, just as an fyi. heeheee It looks like they like the Audi A4!

Mara, have you read anything about the benefits of a morning and an afternoon workout? Just curious?

Marcy, I bet you feel great and feel so light! Whoo hooo. I was walking w/a little jug of water attached to my belt and it was heavy so it makes you realize how extra weight feels on you. It is a motavation for me!!

Well, I went walking this morning for an hour.
9.gif
I would have gone longer but I have to be somewhere soon! I personally love walking since it does not hurt my joints. Good to see ya PG! I bought the prepackaged TJ''s lasagna for dinner tonight w/ a nice big salad. I factored in the calories so I will eat light today so I can eat lasagna. hehe

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and whooo hoooo to Sushi Mara and Rod!!! Yay to taking a day off Rod!!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! west african dance kicked my tail last night - we had a guest teacher and he went so fast, it was intense! we were all so sweaty at the end, we looked like had just gotten out of the shower. no wonder i am losing weight!

i did have a weird experience after class where i just crashed. i didn''t know what was going on, since i had lots of water during and after class, and i had made sure to eat something. i finally figured out that i needed to replace all the salt i lost while sweating, so i had a couple small pickles and then felt much better. i am thinking about buying some gatorade or something similar to drink during my next class. anybody have a sports drink they like?

i am taking a (well-deserved!) day off from exercise today, but will horseback ride tomorrow and i really want to kayak on sunday. i haven''t been kayaking in a few weeks and i need to fit in a couple more trips before the weather here gets too cold.

have a great weekend!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m think I''m sort of in between sizes where my current trousers feel like they are falling off but my old trousers are a wee bit snug. I don''t want to splurge on new clothes until I''m down to my final goal so I''m not sure what to do. Do I just keep tugging my trousers up or suck my tummy in and wear my old clothes?
9.gif
Short of wearing belts, are there any other options?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 12:48:55 PM
Author: Chrono
I''m think I''m sort of in between sizes where my current trousers feel like they are falling off but my old trousers are a wee bit snug. I don''t want to splurge on new clothes until I''m down to my final goal so I''m not sure what to do. Do I just keep tugging my trousers up or suck my tummy in and wear my old clothes?
9.gif
Short of wearing belts, are there any other options?
I would perhaps adjust the old trousers if you are handy with a needle Chrono, by moving the button initially, or buy a couple of cheapo pairs to tide you over until the old ones fit, it sounds like you are close to fitting back in them anyway!
36.gif
36.gif
Or you could hand sew in a couple of darts or take in the seams a little of the bigger ones.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I worked today and am now working on school. Was supposed to kid-sit tonight, but she cancelled, which is fine cuz I''ve got a case of the Fridays.

I''m going to try to hop on the elliptical here soon...if I can pull away from school long enough to do so.

John''s said he''ll make dinner since I''m going to be home. Chicken for me, fish for him, brussel sprouts and salad for both of us.

SB, your dance class sounds so fun!

Hope everyone is having a great friday.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to pop in and say I hope everyone has a wonderful friday night. it will be early to bed for me as i''m meeting my gal pals at magic mountain bright and early again tomorrow...Zoe and i are really looking forward to the good hike.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Salvo have a great hike tomorrow!!! How is the baby? Glad the morning sickness is gone.

I will be doing my muscle hour tomorrow and probably walk a couple of miles afterward!!!

Have a splendid evening all
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Yay for me getting on the elliptical today! And I did an arm workout yesterday, not sure if I mentioned it. It was my second this week.

Skip, have you been walking lots?

MrsSalvo, have a great hike with Zoe.

Have a great evening all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! Tonight we walked around Lowes and Kohls. We got new knobs and handles for the cupboards and drawers in our kitchen. Tomorrow I get to go shopping at a mall with lots of nice jewelry stores and clothing stores. Poor hubby; we are looking for his birthday present so I’ll try to keep that in mind. Ha Ha.
Rod, your chicken must have stuck in my mind because we did eat KFC today. I checked out the nutritional info on the wall and picked something around 400 cals. We went down and paid for the plates on the 5th wheeler and passed KFC on the way back to work. Wyoming is one of the few states that charges big bucks for license plates. At least most of it is tax deductible.
Lorelei, I started using “pants” at work and no one has the slightest idea what I’m talking about. Not like they know what I’m saying anyway. Ha ha.
Hi Phoenix. I’ve missed you. I’m delighted to hear you are holding steady on your weight and getting in running and walking. I’ve had my rings resized many times; I hate when they spin around on my fingers. Did you post pictures of your new eternity band? I am planning on looking at them and anniversary bands tomorrow.
Mara, I am working on walking faster but I doubt I’ll ever try running. I agree it’s a great way to burn calories in a short time.
Skippy, I do feel so light and certainly move more quickly. It is amazing how you can feel hauling around something that weighs a few pounds. Your lasagna sounds great. I might have to make a batch again soon.
Shortblonde, that is too bad you felt so bad from loosing salt but it does make sense. You must have had a very intense workout. I am glad you figured out what you needed.
Chrono, I am a firm believer in buying clothes that fit because you feel so much better in them. I watch for sales or closeouts and hit the discount stores. That way even if I only wear them a few times I don’t feel bad giving them to charity. I buy some nice things too but especially when I was larger I tried to never spend more than $20 on any piece of clothing. Lorelei’s dart idea is wonderful too.
Kimberly, I am glad you got freed up for the evening. Enjoy your dinner. Yeah for your workout. I am going to look for a resistance band tomorrow for my arms.
MrsSalvo, enjoy your Saturday morning hike.
Well, take care and I’ll let you know how many things I fell in love with at Tiffany’s tomorrow. And don’t be surprised when I fess up to eating a hot chocolate chip cookie at the mall – because I fully intent to do just that. Yummy! And I am sure we''ll eat somewhere pretty fattening. If we went to my husband''s favorite sushi place I''d be fine since I''d not eat any of that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost 2 lbs since my weigh in from last week!
41.gif
My clothes were feeling a wee bit loose so yay for that!!! I will be going for another walk this morning. I am so sleep today for some reason. I am just happy; I feel like I broke my yo yo. hehe

Kimi, yes, I have been walking lots; approx 4-5 miles a day and sometimes 3 when I am in a rush. Yay for the elliptical workout; that is nice you have one in your house!!!

Marcy, I love roasted chicken w/o the skin, yum! Are you RVing this weekend?

Rod and Mara, how was sushi???

Have a splendid Sat!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results