shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Feb till 25th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 9:41:31 PM
Author: Skippy123
Hey Friends!

Mara; glad you had fun shopping! Rod, yum sushi!

I did high intensity step aerobics for 1 hr. Ate within my points limit! Whoo whooo. Thanks for the motivation
9.gif
You go Skippy. High intensity step aerobics for 1 hour is a great accomplishment!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I don''t even use the scale in my bathroom, I run to DH''s bathroom and weigh myself on his as it is accurate and mine is old and HEAVY!! I just need to stop it!
15.gif
So so stupid.

DH made a delicious tamale pie for dinner at 335 calories and 12 grams of fat. We had that and salad for dinner and it was so yummy.

Way to go, Skippy, sounds like a great workout!

After eating out 3 nights out of 7 last week I disappointed DH by saying "NO MORE!" Two nights a week is more than enough, he wishes we ate out 6 nights a week, poor guy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Snacks are deliterious to your health! I know b/c I broke my porcelin crown on some wasabi flavoured dried peas today...
8.gif
, and I didn''t work out b/c those antibiotcs are already reeking havoc on my stomach. And you thought you were grouchy Rod!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 10:24:36 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Rod, I don''t even use the scale in my bathroom, I run to DH''s bathroom and weigh myself on his as it is accurate and mine is old and HEAVY!! I just need to stop it!
15.gif
So so stupid.

DH made a delicious tamale pie for dinner at 335 calories and 12 grams of fat. We had that and salad for dinner and it was so yummy.

After eating out 3 nights out of 7 last week I disappointed DH by saying ''NO MORE!'' Two nights a week is more than enough, he wishes we ate out 6 nights a week, poor guy!
Thanks Kimberly.

I agree with you; eating out makes it easier to overeat and make bad choices. That is awesome you put your foot down.
Whooo Whoo Kimberly!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 10:29:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Snacks are deliterious to your health! I know b/c I broke my porcelin crown on some wasabi flavoured dried peas today...
8.gif
, and I didn''t work out b/c those antibiotcs are already reeking havoc on my stomach. And you thought you were grouchy Rod!

cheers--Sharon
Sorry Sharon. I''d advise you to have a nice cold Sapporo, but I''m afraid your doctor would likely recommend against it with antibiotics. Feel better!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 10:43:25 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/19/2007 10:24:36 PM
15.gif
So so stupid.

After eating out 3 nights out of 7 last week I disappointed DH by saying ''NO MORE!'' Two nights a week is more than enough, he wishes we ate out 6 nights a week, poor guy!
Thanks Kimberly.

I agree with you; eating out makes it easier to overeat and make bad choices. That is awesome you put your foot down.
Whooo Whoo Kimberly!
It''s so hard to say no more to the man, he is such an amazing husband and he does so much for me and us (cooks, cleans, works so I can go to school full time, etc.), but I just didn''t feel right after eating out 3 nights last week, perhaps it''s the Catholic upbringing?! but I feel a huge amount of guilt for eating out. It should be a treat, not the norm. He took it rather well, he actually laughed at me. It has been our practice to only eat out 2 nights a week, last week just ended up being the exceiption to the rule and I said I can''t do this anymore!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh kimberly did you post the tamale pie? it sounds yummy! sharon so sorry you hurt your tooth, that sucks!

kimberly, i totally hear you re: the eating out thing. you guys all know i adore great food since i talk about it all the time...and i also love eating out, but honestly too much is not good either. i was just having this convo with my mom today about overindulgence. she loves to eat lots of crap. and she knows it. and she is like 'well if i just ate right i could be really thin' (she looks great by the way but sure could use a little less sweets in her diet... and she's like 'but i like eating crap'. i said well do you really need to eat so much of it? just the other day i called her and she was at baskin robbins getting a TRIPLE scoop hot fudge sundae. 2 days later she came by the house and she was going to get truffles. this is totally not unsual for her. she works out like 3x a week and eats well other than her sweet tooth. but i was like well why not just get the one scoop sundae? she said 'oh it's gone way too fast'...i said 'not if you savor it'... but obviously there was no swaying her mind, these are sweet habits she has built up over years and years, she was out having baskin robbins sundaes while pregnant with me!
3.gif

and trust me i love my sweets. i could easily follow her footsteps and indulge in ice cream, candies and donuts as often as i wanted. but quite honestly, i like being thinner and fitting into smaller clothes and being able to wear what i want and knowing i am fit and trim and look and feel great. the pleasure one gets from indulging in a sweet does not last as long as the picture on the fridge of me in smaller jeans kinda thing!! does it stop me from eating crappy stuff? no way. but i don't get the triple fudge sundae AND eat truffles AND cookies and pies or whatever. (my parents always have pastries or a pie in the house!! hehe). i actually do like looking fwd to indulgences rather than having them all the time....and i would feel super guilty if i indulged that often. definitely catholic upbringing, lol.

anyway, it's along the same lines of your whole eating out thing...when we eat out too much in a week i also feel that same kinda 'ugh enough'...there's something to be said for boring ole food routines that your body knows and loves. so i totally hear you! this week i'll be eating out wed, fri and sat..and probably meeting friends for lunch on sat...but i can already make mental plans on what to get and when to indulge knowing that. aka i'd probably rather indulge on wed and sat nights and keep the other ones lighter.

blah blah gosh i can ramble on. anyway...dinner tonite was tacos...have i mentioned that i love love love these 50 cal tortillas?!?!?! and they have 9g fiber each!!! i cooked up the rest of the ground chicken with some taco seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne and then made soft tacos with jalapeno refried beans, the chicken, a bit of 2% sharp cheddar, shredded iceberg lettuce, salsa and a bit of lowfat sour cream. they were seriously yummy, again greg was making the 'mmm mmm good' noises he made last nite...haha. and best part was they were only like 250 calories for each taco and they were huge. i made mine a little smaller and gave greg more chicken in his. we had them with steamed corn on the cob and spray butter. YUM. the funniest part is that i got these tortillas what 2 days ago? and i only have 2 left. LOL!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Kimberly, I hear ya about easing off the scale. But then I am afraid I won''t hop back on and I need the accountability. I can tell you this week won''t be much better than last. If anything it will be worse, but I keep trying and plugging along.

The culprit was a fab dinner this week. A couple of friends took us out for TGuy''s bday. We didn''t expect them to pick up the bill, but they insisted. TGuy later told me how much the two bottles of wine we had may have cost and I nearly fell over. And to top of off, they ordered a 1977 Fonseca port for us that was SOOOO good. Well worth the splurge on calories!

Sushi was last night...also yummy. Glad to hear you are less cranky Rod. Our sushi chef says he''s never seen TGuy grumpy (as he often is during the week). I told him, who can be grumpy while eating sushi!

Good day today but I think I am on the higher side of my calorie range, because I had to keep tasting the sauce for the turkey lasagna. Unlike emerils gaaarlic sauce (or whatever he calls it), Classico''s roasted garlic sauce is BLAND. I tasted it and thought, ew! It didn''t have any sugar in it, so it didn''t have a slight sweetness and spiciness that the other sauce has. So I kicked it up by adding a bit of ketchup, red chili flakes, tapatio hot sauce and garlic powder. Now it''s yum! Also going to try something new with the lasagna noodles. Saw on barefoot contessa she just takes regular noodles and puts it in warm water for 10 minutes. So I''ll try that and see how it goes. The sauce is pretty wet but I have some crushed tomatoes I can layer with as well.

Ran 4 miles today and burned over 400 calories with the walk included on both ends of that 4 miles. After that, I treated myself to an afternoon massage at the spa. Ahhhh. Dinner was chicken stuffed with artichokes and goat cheese, as we had all the ingredients in house.

Btw, do any of you have Korean or asian markets near you? A Korean market just opened up near me and I am STOKED! Koreans are notoriously cheap which means that prices for produce are excellent. For example, green onions are usually about 79 cents a bunch at our local market. At the Korean market it''s 10 cents a bunch! If you have one near you, I''d high recommend checking it out...makes it much easier to buy healthy fruits and veggies. It can sometimes be chaotic, but worth it for the savings. Best prices are usually Thursday through the weekend.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 10:29:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

8.gif

cheers--Sharon
I missed this post the first time reading the thread...I am so sorry to hear that Sharon. I''ve cracked crowns before and it is not fun. That''s probably going to be a pretty expensive pea.
8.gif

Feel better!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in briefly to say I hope both lorelei and dj feels better.

I havent been to the gym since sunday morning, but am planning a workout tmr morning.

I feel like a pig, having pigged out on CNY goodies.

TGal - do u celebrate CNY?

Have a fun week everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jade! Dee - I hope you are feeling better today
35.gif

Touch wood I am in less pain this morning, so I will see how I go....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - you go girl!

Sharon - sorry to hear about your tooth and your upset tunny. Go ahead--be a grouch--you deserve it!

Mara - no special magic, just a 60 cal chocolate jello pudding cup and a little bit of peanut butter eaten together. You gotta get the right ratio though--too much peanut butter and it overwhelms the pudding. I am seriously going back to look for that brownie recipe though because that could be the thing that tides me over while the HH is gone, ha ha.

Kimberly - I'll throw out my scale if you throw out yours! Actually, it was kind to me this morning, which is a miracle considering I didn't work out yesterday, so I might keep it for antoher day, LOL.

TG - No Korean market, but one of my clients was Korean and his mother used to send food to me and my husband every time I would take the client out. She sent these butterflied spare ribs one time -- sheer heaven! (Of course she sent EIGHT POUNDS of them so we were eating them for DAYS. But trust me, we didn't mind.)

And thanks Jade and Lorelei for the good vibes. I feel somewhat better today but not totally better. At least the pain is more of a muscle ache sort of thing rather than the scary jabbing pain it was yesterday, and I can really fell it when take a deep breath, so I doubt I'll be working out tonight.
8.gif
Oh well, I'll make sure I'm light on the cals and hopefully I'll be completely OK by tomorrow.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good morning Ladies and Gents!

I''m telling you it''s the Catholilc school guilt about eating out, I feel like I''ve commited a mortal sin if we do it more than twice a week! DH eats lunch out about 4 times a week, yesterday it was Carl''s Jr. It''s very apperant he went to a non-religious private school!
1.gif
Actually, my mom used to feed us fast food all of the time when my sister and I were kids, because my dad worked night shifts and she hated to cook, so family dinners meant getting in the car. She actually stenciled the following phrase over the windows in her kitchen "It''s dinner time, get in the car!" My sister and my dad are, as I''ve mentioned, both overweight and a lot of it has to do with how often they both eat out. I fear for my nephew as my sister and her hubby are in not so good shape (although she just joined a gym that offers childcare YIPPEE!). And my mom, while relatively thin due to a fast metabolism/good genes, could stand to cut back on the sweets (Mara, our mothers share a sweet tooth) and get moving. It was those poor eating habits, including always going for fast and easy, that led me to weigh 200 lbs. I have a mental fear that if I allow myself to slip back into eating out frequently I''lll be headed right down that path again. I would rather be overly cautious than not enough, I guess is my point.

As for the scale, I don''t want to throw it out -- that would be a very bad thing! -- I just don''t want to be so tied to it. It''s sort of that conversation we had last week about just being proud of what we do for our bodies and overall health on a regular basis instead of always checking in to be reassured by that stupid little number.

Mara: I''ll post the tamale pie recipe, it really was delicious!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ i had some upper left chest pain in a muscle (like right under my collarbone but above my breast) and it took me months to heal, so just be careful to give it the time it needs or else you will not be doing any arm movements for a long time. can you do walking?? that is mostly what i did when i had upper chest pain.

TG...i used regular curvy thick lasagna noodles in my last batch of lasagna, did you see that update? anyway they were totally fine. i wouldn't even bother with warming them in water for 10 minutes. the sauce soaks into them and it's STILL saucy at the end.

DJ the brownie mix is called No Pudge and I just got mine at regular ole Safeway (our typical large chain grocery store), they are in the baking aisle with all the other brownie and muffin mixes. The boxes are rectangular, white and red or white and green or white and pink (diff flavors). Super easy.

Last nite we got creative and had a no pudge brownie heated in the micro, then put a scoop of Double Churned light cookies n'cream on top, a bit of warmed Hershey's fat free syrup over it and then fat free whipped cream. Total was like 240 cals for the whole dessert and we both shared it and it was seriously yummy. The lighter version of the hot fudge sundae my Mom gets lol. I also managed to avoid the truffles hiding in the pantry, at least for one night, haha.

This morning I decided to freeze the rest of the cinammon raisin bread because let's face it, I do not need to be chowing on that while Greg is gone. Plus freezing it makes it less easily accessible, I'd actually have to thaw it to eat it!! Who wants to do that? hehe. I also popped the hamburger buns in there too. Man the freezer is ready to pop. I keep 'rearranging' things in there to get stuff to fit.

Breakfast today was cream of wheat with some brown sugar and splenda, and 2 pieces of high-fiber low-cal toast with Smart Balance..and coffee. Today is another light-ish day for me to prep for the big gorgefest tomorrow night at italian with my family..and I'm going to the gym later as well. I will def need the break from the gym tomorrow because I can feel my legs crying out for a rest. I'm putting my heating pad on them this morning...hang in there...just one more day, legs!!! At least the elliptical generally doesn't kill them, it's the super long walks I take on top of ellip that gives them a workout.

Last nite I put on some shorts I bought like 2 years ago from JCrew, super cute basic short shorts. I wanted to try them on with some high heeled steve madden wedges I bought last summer and see if that look worked since I see it in all the mags. Well first off, 2 summers ago the shorts fit but okay...nothing flattering. Last summer, they fit even better because I was starting to increase workouts, eat much better etc...and last nite? They were practically falling off! I really can't wear them anymore. But the whole shorts with high heeled wedges look was a big GO (according to Greg..who pronounced my legs 'much more shapely' because my thighs are much skinnier)...so I am super jazzed to get some new shorts this season and a few flowy tanks and show off my new legs. Whee! For those of you trying to reach goals by spring...it's still a bit of ways away so keep at it!!! You too will be in shorts and wedges. lol!

Have a great day all!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the shorts and wedgies Mara!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH NO -- THE GIRLSCOUT COOKIES HAVE ARRIVED FOR THE SEASON!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I didn''t start the week out so well, as I attended a friend''s bridal shower on Sunday and ate too much! I over-indulged in the cheeses ... but I didn''t partake of the cake and the champagne punch! Yesterday I got back on track and had a healthy day of eating and went to the gym for a cardio circuit class. My legs and arms are sore today!

Breakfast today was Fiber One with Honey Clusters! Yep, another PS recommendation. This was the first time I tried it, and I really liked it and it kept me full for 3 hours! Most cereal doesn''t do that!
For lunch I had Progresso minestrone soup (50% less sodium -- I didn''t miss it). I''m not sure what''s for dinner, but my FI is out of town so I''m thinking of maybe just having a big spinach salad. Exercise tonight will be a high intensity step aerobics class followed by some upper body and core strengthening exercises.

DJ -- I hope your chest feels better soon! I''ve accidentally pulled a chest muscle during exercise before, and didn''t even know it until the next day. Like Mara, mine took a few weeks before it felt better. Take it easy ~ but if you have sharp pains again, be sure to go to the doctor!

I also forgot to mention that last week we tried Rosebud''s shrimp linguine -- a hit! It was really good, even though we had to use frozen shrimp (an unfortunate consequence of living in a landlocked state sometimes). My FI couldn''t believe it was made with lowfat ingredients! So, thanks for the recipe! Next time I think I''ll try it with broccoli in addition or maybe instead of the carrots.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jade, we don''t really do CNY in our home...we never have. But we have friends that do and sometimes we''ll celebrate with them.

Mara, yes I saw that post. But I added a bit less water this time so I thought I''d soak the noodles...if only to manipulate them a bit easier if I don''t manage to get that rectangular pan today (still have the other oval one). I''ll let you know how it goes...........

Breakfast was a one egg/2 white omelette with chopped ham, onion, peppers and brocolli. Man I am stuffed, and this thing was only 200 calories!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ for you:
http://www.forkandbottle.com/rants/food/girlscout_cookies.htm

Also littlebrowniebakers.com has all nutritional info on GSC. I love thin mints....and typically get a box or two, eat them all within a few days then don't get more, lol.
5.gif

Just hit up TJ's and got a bunch of goodies...I succumed to banana nut bread again, I'm leaving it here at the office so it will be gone faster! Though it's not 'bad' for me (180 cals for a fat slice)...I tend to not be able to stop at one slice, hence the issue, lol. Also I found out they have a few tarts in their fresh baked section, HEALTHY! They have a raspbery linzer with raspberry insides and powdered sugar on top for 200 cals per slice and the whole tart is very large and serves 6! Also they have a lemon tart that is the same size, same servings for 210. Not bad!! Even their apple pie is only 210 a slice. But they had some other bad for you ones too like a pecan pie one that was like 480 per serving. yikes! But next time we have an event I am SO trying the raspberry linzer tart. YUM. I also got some fresh watermelon slices, shepherds pies for tonite, a 2% fage and also a 0% for experimental purposes (50 less cals per container so lets see if I can sweeten it up for less), more toasted oat bran and applesauce for muffins, sliced shiratake mushrooms for mixing into sauces, and some other goodies. So now I am eating lunch which is an Herb Roasted Chicken LC for 180 cals with potatoes and veggies, it's one of my favorites. For snacks this afteroon the plan is to have the 0% fage with honey, a slice of banana bread, and a pear.

Oh and TG I think I used less water last time too and the sauce was still enough to cook the noodles and was still very saucy. But try the soaking if you want and be sure to report back!

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!
2.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! i am back from my vacation in florida, which was lovely. not quite as warm as i had hoped (60 and sunny, but windy), but still alot better than home! we even laid out by the pool briefly, in our jeans and fleeces, but at least my face got some sun! i definitely overindulged in food while i was there (crabcakes and fajitas and sushi, oh my!), but managed to get in 4 miles walks both friday and saturday, spent an hour on the elliptical on sunday, and then went to yoga after i got back last night. yoga felt great after being all cramped on the plane and really helped me stretch out.

today i had a pumpkin bran muffin for breakfast, then went out to lunch with a friend who is moving and had a tuna nicoise salad - super yummy. this restaurant has a great lemony-garlicky vinagrette that comes with it and is soooo good. then after work i'm going to happy hour with some coworkers, so i'll probably have a glass of wine and then eat something light for dinner at home afterwards, likely veggie wings and a salad.

have a great day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
An interesting article about our water needs. I''ve never been one to drink 64 oz. a day. I''ve always thought of it in the same terms as food, eat when you''re hungry, stop when you''re full, drink when you''re thirsty stop when you aren''t. And all fluids eventually get broken back down in to H2O in our body, so they all count towards daily intake.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070220/news_lz1c20fluids.html

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll report back on the lasagna later tonight. I''m off to go to linens and things as I have a 20% off coupon for entire purchase so I am getting a lasagna dish and a muffin pan, among other things. TJ''s is right next to it, so going to get some goodies there....

Lunch was Korean pork dumplings. I had 10 of the little guys and I estimate they are about 40 cal each so that''s 400 calories for lunch. Not too bad as I didn''t have my mid morning snack...

Pilates class this evening. I wanted to get a walk in beforehand but don''t think that is going to happen today....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly I feel the same way about water. I drink when I am thirsty. So far its been working seemingly fine, I know some days I drink less than I probably should and some days I just keep drinking! Also I get much more thirsty at night than I am during the day...I get distracted at work and it''s hard for me to remember to drink etc. But at night when I am at home I just keep refilling my water glass. Also I drink a huge glass of water before bed as well typically.

Just had a pear for a snack...I''m thinking about my other ''snacks''...and what I feel like eating..so we''ll see. Today it''s been busy at work thanks to the holiday...double the work upon return and playing catchup!! Looking fwd to my workout tonite...and then a shepherd''s pie and salad for dinner...yummmm!!!!

TG keep me posted on the lasagna, sounds yummy...I would LOVE to make some this week but since Greg is going to be gone that would mean I''d be eating it nonstop for the whole week, so not happening! But I think about it all the time. hehe. Love that stuff! Last time when I used it with shiratake mushrooms and baby bellas as well as the ''kicked up tomato'' sauce, it was the best it''s ever been.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I make this big stink about how sad I am that I am not going to be albe work out tonight because of my heart/chest pain and not two minutes later the happy hubby calls down to me, "Honey, can you help me carry this dresser down stairs to the garage?" OK. Let's get this straight. I can't even go do a fast walk on the treadmill because it hurts to breath and he wants me to help him carry a large heavy piece of furniture down two flights of stairs???
20.gif

Anyway, I was pretty good caloriewise today, so hopefully my Wednesday morning weigh in won't be too depressing given my lack of activity these past few days.

BTW, Mara, that link about the cookies was classic! There's this guy in my office who is just rabid about no transfat in his diet and when I went past the kitchen today he was standing there shoveling girlscout cookies in by the handful. I COULDN'T WAIT to forward this link to him. I could hear his arteries clogging up clear across the office when he read it!
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Worked out at home--the usual stuff. Didn''t want to be far too away from comfort when the antiobiotic nausea hits...........

BTW, those Asian Chicken burgers were a hit (BBQ''d). The cumin and cilantro gives the boost needed to otherwise bland chicken breast. I shouldda made our fave Asian Slaw, but all the chopping deterred me.....garden salad instead. Sadly, no Sapporo for me
8.gif
, but my DH enjoyed a Guiness.........

Hope your back Lorilee, and chest muscles DeeJay, are on the mend.

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2007 11:47:57 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
OH NO -- THE GIRLSCOUT COOKIES HAVE ARRIVED FOR THE SEASON!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
And ROD''S a mean mean boss, because no less then four (4) of his employee''s asked him to buy some Girl Scout Cookies, but he resolutely refused, citing his absolute lack of willpower where Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies are concerned. NO NO NO, he did not order even a single box!!!
31.gif
11.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2007 4:26:42 PM
An interesting article about our water needs. I''ve never been one to drink 64 oz. a day. I''ve always thought of it in the same terms as food, eat when you''re hungry, stop when you''re full, drink when you''re thirsty stop when you aren''t. And all fluids eventually get broken back down in to H2O in our body, so they all count towards daily intake.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070220/news_lz1c20fluids.html
Wow.....Thanks for the article Kimberly. I''ve always thought we drank too much water, and I did subscribe to needing so much extra water on workout days. I like the idea of drinking water if you''re thirsty and hydrating a liitle more the day before an endurance test. And I found it interesting to see that salty snacks can be a good thing for peope who exercise regularly, particularly if one sweats a lot during a workout. Rod surely does that during his intense sessions on the elliptical!

Thanks again for this. It really makes sense. And what we should all get from something like this is we need to exercise (pun intended) common sense in our lives. We should eat healthy, but allow ourselves to indulge at times. We should work out regularly, but allow ourselves to take a break from time to time (Rod needs to work on that one). We should work hard, but take time off to recharge once in a while (Rod REALLY REALLY needs to practice that one)!!

Your friend,
Rod

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay.......are you still experiencing some chest pain?? That's a little frightening if you are. And if even mild, you should get yourself to your doctor pronto. DO YOU HEAR ME??

Today was a bad and good day. Work was particularly hard. Under my direction, we went with a new Applicant Tracking System, but the migration was full of difficulty. Data didn't migrate where it was supposed to. A couple hundred thousand candidates somehow disappeared. No notes from our old system moved to the new system. By noon, I was just not taking any more whiny calls or emails. Data migrations are fraught with difficulty. I prepared everyone for the possible (likely) problems, but people are creatures of habit and anytime you make a significant change even if for the best reasons, people tend to become frustrated. But, by later this afternoon, things were beginning to smooth out.

I must admit it fueled a fantastic workout tonight. Frustrating days are relieved so much by immersing myself in the gym. I get all my angst out and I feel so much better for working out really hard. So, I pushed as hard as I could and now I feel really good. Tomorrow, will probably be somewhat frustrating (albeit less so than today), so I'm already looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow night!!

It warmed up in Raleigh today. YAY!!! Tomorrow will be in the 60's. Double YAY!!! There is hope that Spring is around the corner and I can't wait. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to really cold temperatures, but at least winter is somewhat shorter in North Carolina than further north!

I hope you all had a good day and are looking forward to an even better Wednesday. DeeJay, please see your doctor if there are any more chest pains. OK?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...DeeJay, get those pains checked out. Don''t mess with chest pains....

Lasagna turned out FAB tonight - had it with a caesar salad (only one TB of dressing needed) TGuy had 2 servings of the lasagna. I think the next batch might even be better, as the classico jar seemed smaller and I had to spread the sauce out too thin. It was a bit moist when it came out of the oven, but I left it to set while I went to pilates class and it was just fine and ready to eat when I returned! I did soak the lasagna noodles in water for 5 minutes, but it didn''t seem like it was doing anything so I just went ahead and layered. It came out fine, so I think you are right Mara...no need to soak. But they looked so much thicker than the no boil ones that it made me nervous! I used crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce since that was what I had on hand and it was delish. A 9x13 is definitely what I needed. The best part I thought it was cheap because it was marked 8.99. I went up the register, and it scanned in 14.99, but I pointed out the sticker (which had the right description, part # and everything) so they honored it. Shoulda bought two, but I think one is just fine for now...

Pilates was great...I feel my core getting stronger. It took me 2.5 months to really feel the difference, so I am glad I have been consistent with these classes.

Hope everyone is having a great night!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol re the girl scout cookies!! i am a sucker but i figure once a year...hey why not. but this year i don't know....it's the first year i have been at my goal in a few years so maybe i will only get one box. i didn't order any so i figure if i see the girl scouts at the safeway...if not then it's fate and i shouldn't have any, lol. also i am not that rabid about trans fats, as long as you don't eat the whole box in a sitting. the funny thing is that 4 cookies is one serving for thin mints, i told my coworker and we had a good laugh because we were like okay who eats 4 thin mints?! it's more like 10-15. lol.

DJ hope you feel better soon, take it easy woman!! you might have strained a muscle...is the pain in your heart itself or the muscle area around it? very important differentation woman. also read up online on heart attacks for women. i have read a few articles about it lately, it's a total sleeper for women but some symptoms are fatigue and indigestion for a few weeks before hand...they are kind of random symptoms where you might not put it all together. but i'd check into it just in case.

sharon i am so happy you guys loved the burgers, seriously those were awesome eh? can you post your recipe for asian slaw? sounds like it could be yummy!!! i am a fan of the precut coleslaw in the fresh bags at the store, and i have this chinese chicken salad dressing from WS that i have been dying to try, that might be fun for the future to pair the burgers with!

TG i hear ya on the thick noodles, i thought the same thing but i remembered nejarb had done it previously and she was really happy with the results so i was like okay...i'll be trusting, hehee. and it worked out fab!! awesome that you have a lasagna pan now, whee!!

hit up the gym and burned 500 cals. i was feeling REALLY tired during the workout, my poor legs were just like 'ow ow why me'...but i knew i'd have a day off tomorrow so i pushed through. i wanted to get to 500 but i was thinking i would be lucky to make it to 400. well i got to 350 and was like okay 425. okay...450..then at 450 i was like okay 500. so i did it...55 minutes. when i got home i took a nice hot bath to let the legs rest then put some cooling gel for muscle on my legs afterwards.

went to the grocery store after the gym and OMG. you guys will never guess what i found. seriously i am so jazzed. one of my favorite things ever even though they are not good for me...hostess cupcakes. yes the ones with chocolate cake and frosting inside and frosting on top. but obviously, not really fitting in the healthy diet lifestyle, i have them like once a year. WELL. hostess the geniuses, put out 100 cal packs!! YES!!!!!!! 3 mini cupcakes (and they mean mini...as in miniscule) complete with frosting on top and white frosting inside and 100 cals for 3 mini muffins!! AND bonus..5g of fiber per 3 mini muffins. omg i hope they taste the same. i can't wait to try them. they also have yellow cake ones with choco frosting and get this, CARROT CAKE LOVERS ARE YOU LISTENING...they have a carrot cake version with cream cheese frosting on top. oh my goodness i think i am salivating just typing this. so i will report back on how they taste, i hope they taste enough like the originals to make it long term in the house hold. and i hope i can only eat one pack lol.

also got some more protein special K water..and jello 10 cal cups, some boca burgers (i've never had these before but people rave about them and they are 100 cals each and 13g of protein so a great snack or lunch!)...as well as another container of slow churned Dreyers...this time in mocha almond fudge. lastly, la tortilla factory also does burrito size flour tortillas so i got those, they are huge and 100 cals and 13g(!!!) of fiber each. great for burritos for us next week. i was totally torn on what to have for dessert (no pudge brownie? ice cream? hostess?) but i think i might have to sample the hostess cupcakes, lol. it's just too good to be true, i am keeping fingers crossed. my cals are kind of light so far but depending on dessert that can change lol.

eating my shepherd's pie for dinner with a salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing...hope everyone had a great day...and some yummy dinner!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results