shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th Feb till 24th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Hi everybody...I''ve had a couple of bad fibro days. While the pain is pretty much constant it does have periods where it really amps up and it just really gets me down. I have noticed certain foods are a trigger and most definitely the weather. I don''t think I''ve mentioned it yet but the hubby and I moved to NC a few months ago for the warmer weather. It''s kinda funny ''cause when the doctor said basically there''s nothing to do for fibro, this is as good as it will probably get and then he laughed (very nicely) and said you could always move someplace warmer, that might help. Well, the hubby said start packing! So, we are now officially in the south while still being relatively close to family...the MIL would absolutely die if we went west like we wanted too. I''m sure California''s weather would be fabulous! But, really so far, the weather here has helped, even more than I thought. Anyhoo, I got out for my walk after 2 days of nothing and even though everything hurt (ugh) I felt much better emotionally at the end. Plus, we finally decided on which gym to join...I wanted something basic and inexpensive until I''m sure I can really do this. Does anyone know of Planet Fitness? I like the no judgement moto and its'' no contract. Any bad experiences with them?
I really hope everyone gets to feeling better and has a great weekend.
ps. wonder why I''m craving sushi & crab??!! (Rod and Mara!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday All!

CJ, I didn't even think to suggest we should meet up. J and I did walk through Central Park; next time we go to NYC I'll definitely make sure we get together. We usuually make it to your amazing city once a year, twice if we're lucky. My husband is the restaurant picker, he's got great taste in food so I just go where I'm told. The chef at A Voce's history is interesting. His food was fabulous! J really likes Daniel Boloud, and would love to go to Daniel one of these trips but I am just not a big seafood eater and I know eating there would mean consuming tons of things from the ocean.

Marcy, your joke cracked me up!

Mara, I'm so sorry you are still in pain! Hope you have a great time at the ciopino fest. I thought of you while at my sister's when I drove past the Whole Foods in Palo Alto.

Rod, the diner sounds delish! I was in NYC last week, I've been at my sister's, but thanks for the trip wishes! Both were fantastic.

Monnie, what a difficult time; I admire your tenacity and positive outlook. Hope you both find jobs soon. Your niece is darling!

Steph, hope the move is going smoothly and that you feel better soon.

So, I had the most amazing time with my sister, nephew and BIL. My nephew is the biggest dollface ever. I was so so sad to leave though (walked out ballilng and called my mom). I wish they lived closer, as I feel like I'm missing out on so much. We got to have a special Billy/Kimi day, we went to The Children's Museum in San Jose and had a blast. I babysat so my sister and BIL could go on a date and just got to spend a ton of time being with him.

Food wise I was really quite good. I made cookies and didn't eat any. We had CL chicken pot pie for dinner one night and I had soup one night. We all went out to dinner once, at a small Mexican restaurant, and I had taco salad. I ate toast w/ PB for breakfast and sandwhiches for lunch. No formal exercise, but definitely spent the whole trip moving.

J is making roast, asparagus and something I've forgotten for dinner tonight. YUM!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evenign Everyone...........

It was a cloudy and rainy morning, which is actually pretty rare for Tampa, so we lounged around and had breakfast inside with Sakai glued to our shoulders and watched HGTV, till at least noon. It was kind of nice to just lounge around and not do anything. We finally got going and headed out for a quick lunch and then coffee before hitting the gym around 3 PM. Our gym is located in what is called Hyde Park Village and it's a quaint place with shops and restaurants. Twice a year, in the fall and late winter, they shut the streets down and have a fabulous Juried Art Festival. It's going on this weekend, so I felt badly for the artists, many of whom come for all over the country, to have such a rainy day. It was pretty desolate when we got to the gym at 3 and usually, there would be thousands at the festival. Tomorrow's supposed to be a nicer day, so I'm sure lot's of people the rain kept away will come out. Anyway, our workout was really good. Since I hadn't been since Wednesday, the extra two days off actually helped me have a stronger workout today. Charlie was feeling well enough to go, even though I really thought he should have taken one more day of rest, but he's as dedicated to fitness as I am and since he felt reasonably good, he was going. He did fine and working out seems to have helped him feel even better. We wound up at The Wine Exchange for dinner, which is also in the village and I had the MOST fabulous dinner. It was Lobster and Shrimp Newburg with roasted veggies and rice pilaf on the side. The newburg was just divine and had such a terrific sherry sauce. It wasn't low-cal by any means, but I worked out hard today and don't imagine the calories hurt much. Charlie had spinach ravioli, sauteed in olive oil, garlic tomato and onion, which was also good. We didn't have dessert and just headed back to Sbucks for a cup of coffee. The rains ended earlier, so it was nice to be able to sit under the oak tonight.

Mara, I did a little research on muscle loss and I read that for some, muscle loss can occur in as little as two weeks, and for others it can be longer. BUT, all the articles I read indicated that for many people 2 - 4 weeks off (something even professional athletes often do) can be beneficial as when they go back to working out, the muscles come back faster and stronger after a longer rest. So, I know you're feeling like the gains you've made will be lost quickly, and perhaps in a way there might be some truth to that, but you'll also rebuild anything lost, better and stronger when you are cleared to go back to working out. I hope that helps a bit? I hope you enjoyed the crab festival tonight.

Dreame, I'm glad my advice helped you and you kept your heartrate up on your cardio session. Isn't it wonderful when you realize you've made great strides in your fitness health and you can do more!!

Oh Steph, I'm so sorry to hear you got the stomach bug. I hope your men are returning the favor and taking good care of you right now. I'm sure you'll be better in time for the movers.

Maise, I'm sorry you're still under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

CJ, your post about Mara not being able to crack the crabs had me "cracked up!" I hope your fragrance free world helps your alergies.

RoseRed, I'm not sure where you are in NC, but I was in Raleigh last year for almost 4 months and we went to Golds Gym (at North Hills). We really liked them. Planet Fitness was just moving into the area at the time and some of the centers they bought were just not as nice as Golds for sure. If memory serves, Planet Fitness is a Charlotte based gym, but they were expanding. If you're in Raleigh, you might want to check out Lifestyle Family Fitness. They have three gyms now in the Raleigh - Cary area and Lifestyle is the gym we work out in Tampa. Lifestyle started in the Tampa area and is growing really fast. And they're really a terrific gym as they've certainly helped me transform my life in a BIG way.

Kimberly, I'm glad you enjoyed being with your sister, nephew and BIL!!

That's about all I've got for the day. We'll have our usual Sunday, breakfast, coffee at Sbucks, then the gym for sure. I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, you dinner sounded wonderful! Even I, the ardent vegetarian, still love seafood, and yours and Mara''s posts this week have made me hanker for it a little!

Kimi, the Children''s Museum date with your nephew must have been so awesome...I went to the Indianapolis one many times as a child and it was always a great experience, I have so many fond memories of it.

Mara, glad to hear your dr. visit didn''t yield any frightening results...hope you continue to make a full recovery. I''m sure you and your muscles will bounce back quickly.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I’m finally setting down to goof off after a late evening last night, a short night’s sleep and a long day today. We had our astronomy club meeting last night and didn’t get home until about 10. My DH had to pack. We had to be at our dealer 50 miles away at 8:30 this morning for car maintenance so we had to get up early. We test drove a new A5 while we were there. It was a fun car. We drove on to Denver and shopped for awhile then I dropped off DH at the airport about 5. Strange as it might seem my sister and BIL were flying in to DIA at 4:45 and were planning on taking the shuttle back here so I brought them home with me.
The highlight of my day involved major bling. My DH loves automatic watches and there is a watch store in Denver he enjoys visiting. I don’t care for most of their jewelry but for grins I tried on a 5.6 carat EM cut diamond ring. Wow! What a honker. They told me if I bought the ring my DH could have any one of the watches he was looking at for free. It must have been pricey.
I did pick up some 2 pound strap on weights to use on my arms while walking on the TM and I think I’ll try doing some leg lifts too to help strengthen my knees.
Ladypirate, I hope your cold has gone away by now. Your homemade tortilla chips sound great.
Monnie, ouch for breaking both ankles and double ouch for having no insurance then. Good luck PS dust coming to both you and Mr. Monnie for you job interviews. No worries about a few extra pound; they will come back off.
Mara, I am sorry to hear about your jaw and hands, I hope naprasyn can help you. I took that for years and it worked well for me. I eventually became allergic to the anti-inflammatory meds and now just take aspirin. Your cleaning help sounds great. It’s something I’ve considered doing. Sadly I didn’t jump on getting a highly recommended lady last fall so I will be cleaning my house tomorrow. Rats.
Hi Lorelei. I’ve seen the moon 3 times now just above the horizon and it looked orange so I feel like I’m getting my eclipse fix now.
Rod, yay for a beautiful day with temps in the 80’s. It was in the 50’s in Denver today and I enjoyed it. Glad to hear Charlie is feeling better.
PW, sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping. My DH has that problem often. I tease him it’s his guilty conscious but I worry about him not sleeping enough. He has a great deal of stress with his job and frequently gets phone calls or emails during the night. I am glad you are enjoying the beautiful snow. That is great you got the see the eclipse.
RedRose, I always type up my post in word then copy and paste it. That way if I loose it on PS I still have it. I am glad I was able to give you a good laugh. Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad days lately. That is wonderful the warmer climate helps.
CJ, good point about caffeine and sleeping. I will have to pay more attention to when DH drinks coffee. I am glad you enjoyed the joke. Mmm to wine and cheese.
Steph, sorry to hear you got sick. I hope you are feeling better. I am sure you are glad to be down to the final days before your move.
Maisie, I hope you start feeling better soon.
DD, congratulations on increasing your workout level so quickly and for looser pants.
Kimi, I am glad you had a great time with your sister and cute nephew. Glad to hear my joke cracked you up.
Have a great Sunday!
Marcy

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a good weekend! i have been busy running around getting ready for my trip since we leave in a few days. i ended up doing quite a bit of bikini shopping yesterday...

mara, i made your protein pancakes for brekkie this morning since we wanted something different. i used vanilla designer whey, since that''s what i had on hand, and couldn''t really taste it in the pancakes (which is good as i don''t really care for the taste!). i would suggest adding some baking soda to the mix - about 1/4-1/2 tsp. i did that after i saw how totally flat the first couple were and it really helped fluff them up. greg might be happier to eat them that way!

lady pirate, steph, mara, and rose, i hope you are all feeling better.

back to my preparations. i am going to hit the gym a little later.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just stopped in for a minute, and I see there''s a new round of THE SICKNESS, and continued aches and pains. Sorry to those who are miserable.

Hope everyone has a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. I started my day off with a treat – I made a muffin mix and got 20 out of the mix so each muffin worked out to 138 calories. I had 2 for BF and will put the rest in baggies and freeze them for my mid-morning snacks. I really love muffins but they are just so darn fattening I don’t have them too often. I’ll also give some to my parents. My mom is on maintenance with WW so she really watches what she eats too. My dad is one of those lucky people that can eat anything.
I am pretty sore feet and knee wise this morning – but we walked a ton yesterday. I probably walked about 6 hours again. The good news is my knees did not get nearly as bad as they did last weekend. I think I’ll move my time on the TM to tomorrow though.
My DH is out of town through next Sunday so today I plan on cleaning house, running a few errands and watching a few movies I DVR’d – Rush Hour 3 and Michael Clayton. Maybe I can get some knitting too.
Shortblonde, I know you said where you were going on vacation but I can’t remember now. Since you were bikini shopping I know it’s not in my neck of the woods – you still need snow boots in the west. Have a great trip and enjoy the warm weather for me.
Somethingshiny, it does seem like a lot of us are sick or sore – let’s hope this week shows vast improvements for everyone.
Have a great day. After all we are the health seekers.
36.gif

Marcy
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in for a quick hello while I take a break from the madness. Thank you for all of your well-wishes...they must have worked b/c I am feeling back to normal. Just finishing up last minute things before the movers come tomorrow am. I won''t have internet for a while, so just wanted to tell you all to have a wonderful week and I will be back when we are all moved into our home in Orlando!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday all! YAY for those who are feeling better! I am finally starting to feel better too, hopefully the Naprysn is working as well as the topical cream I am using. It''s raining here, such a dreary Sunday. I''m just waiting for a break in the rain to go outside and plant some stuff for spring...but other than that it''s a hangout day. I need to get out and do grocery shopping but right now I''m too lazy. Had a baby shower in late morning thru afternoon which was fun, yummy slice of cake. Crab last nite was YUMMY and no my hands didn''t hinder my fabulous cracking moves. I definitely stuffed my gullet quite full of yummy crab and had a great time with my best girlfriends. Greg has been gone since Wed skiing with the boys in Utah, but he is coming home tonite, yay. It''s been great to have the house to ourselves and sleep diagonally in the bed and all but we''re ready to have him come home for sure.

Anyway, keep getting better everyone, stay warm in a chilly or rainy climate...brr! Enjoy Sunday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a warm and overcast day in not too sunny Tampa today. We had decided to have brunch today, instead of lunch, so we only had a bowl of fresh fruit and coffee at home, then we went to our favorite diner for brunch. I've been craving some French Toast, so I decided I may as well scratch that itch (right Mara??!). And Rod probably blew his entire daily calorie limit on one meal, but man, was it ever good. I had the French Toast, which was three slices of homemade country white bread cut into halfs, so it looked like 6 pieces. On top of that, I had a side of homefries, the big 'ol kind of chunk potatoes, fried with onions AND I had a slice of ham too. I liberally poured maple syrup on my FT (no dainty dabbing for me, no sir!), so the brunch was certainly not low cal in any way. Charlie had Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes and sausage, which he really enjoyed as well. Then, we went from there to Sbucks and sat under the oak and visited with some friends before hitting the gym. At least my high caloric breakfast helped fuel a really strong workout, where I hopefully burned off more than a few of the calories I took in. For dinner, we just had a nice salad, so nothing too fattening there.

Hey Monnie. I would never make it as a vegetarian. I crave shellfish too much. I hope you and Hubby are doing well. You know you are in my thoughts.

Marcy, one can only imagine what a B&M store would have charged for the over 5 carat emerald cut ring, but it had to be pretty darn high to include any watch your hubby might have liked! I've been meaning to ask if you take Glucosamine and Chondroitin? It's really good for joint health and something I've been taking now for a couple of years. You won't notice immediate results when you start taking it, as it often takes about 6 weeks to see anything, but I'm convinced it does help a lot. Anyway, if you don't take it, you might want to consider it. It could really help with your knee's. Skippy recently started taking it too at the recommendation of her doctor.

SB, I don't recall where you're going on vacation either, but since you're taking a bikini, I'm betting it's warm and there will be sun and water. I hope you have a terrific time. Remember to take a good sunblock, OK??!!

Hey Steph, here's hoping the move goes really smoothly for you. Maybe when you get to Oviedo, you can get some takeout from Peppino's. I hope it's still as good as it was when we lived there in 1992. Anyway, have a good and safe move. We'll look forward to hearing about the adventure when you're back online.

Mara, I'm glad you are feeling better and you had a good time at the crab festival!

I guess that's about all I have for the end of the weekend. No real plans for tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. See you all in next week's thread.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My house is clean, my club newsletters are in the mail, my papers are graded and I am watching for bling on the academy awards.
I had a fuji apple and some cheese for lunch, a 100 cal coke for snack and raw veggies, baked potato with leftover steak for supper. Then I was starving so ate ½ oz of a wheat bun with a little bit of PB and that curbed my hunger.
Steph, glad to hear you recovered so quickly. We’ll see you when you get settled in Orlando.
Mara, glad you enjoyed dinner with your friends last night. That is great the new meds seem to be helping.
Rod, yay for scratching that itch for French toast. Your breakfast sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation for Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I know about their benefits but since I had so many allergies and more often than not have problems with pills, I have not tried them.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All!

Spent most of the day enjoying being home. Ran a few errands. John and I took a nice loooong Skippy (aka walk) -- I miss her -- and now he''s making enchiladas for dinner.

Hope all you sickies are feeling better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I am glad you had a nice day at home. I miss Skippy too. She''s got to be back from her trip soon though. Your enchiladas sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results