shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th Feb till 24th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo thanks scarlet. I know NYSC hires yogis, but I haven''t found them yet. Let me know what you find out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Week All!

We got back late last night, had an amazing trip. Did lots of walking during the day, ate tons of food at night. We ate at: Uncle Jack''s Steak House, A Voce, Bistro Moderne and Cafe Boloud. Wow, talk about a food party. We got to see a preview of Cat On A Hot Tin Roof with an amazing cast: James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad, Terrance Howard andAnika Noni Rose. Wow! It was such a wonderful trip. I think my favorite meal was at Cafe Boloud, I had artichoke risotto, hanger steak w/ potato pancake and oxtail venison and a molten chocolate lava cake for dessert.

Today I''m doing laundry and getting ready to head to my sister''s.

Mara -- I hope you''re feeling better, btw -- I should have thought to make plans to meet up while I''m in your area this week. My sister has lots of stuff planned while I''m there but next time I head your way I''d love to meet for breakfast or lunch.

CJ, my PS fairy duster of choice, I start student teaching March 3. YIPPEE!

Rod, I''ve never heard of that diner, but I can check it out for you! And when you visit J and I can join you for dinner. It sounds like things are headed in the right direction in the job hunt, that is so exciting! Sending lots of dust your way.

RoseRed, don''t feel like you''re being interviewed! We''re happy to have anyone join. Welcome!

Stephanie, I am so sorry about your terrible night. Hope you get a nap in today.

I need to eat some breakfast, my stomach is rumbling. Mara, can you come make me pancakes?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Kimmy!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 1:19:40 PM
Author: Lorelei
Hiya Kimmy!
35.gif
Hiya, Lorelei! Thanks for another great start to the week. I feel like something is missing when I don''t check in every day, but it was so nice to be computer free for 5 days, and again for the coming 4. It''s sorta a technology detox for me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah! So I made an appt this morning for the DR and went in and apparently I have post-viral arthritis. I was worried because at night my joint pain gets worse and it also added shoulder pain in and my fingers are swollen like sausages so I thought I should just make sure that it was nothing seriously wrong. And Greg has it mildly too. So the DR says keep taking advil for swelling, and rest up when I can...stay off my joints, so no workouts..even when I Feel better. She said give it at least a week more like 2. But I can walk once I feel better, so that''s good. What a pain. Literally!!!

Kimmi..oh yeah next time you are local let''s def meet up!!

eating lunch now, campbells chicken and rice soup, english muffin w/jam, string cheese, pom light tea. hope everyone is having a good day!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Kimberly, March 3rd is so soon! How are you supposed to prepare? When do you meet the supervisor?

Mara, eeeek! That sounds so serious! Oh my goodness I''d be freaking out.

So I also went to see the dermatologist today, for a scheduled allergy patch test. My regular dermatologist just wanted to pinpoint what is causing my skin sensitivities. This patch test doctor starts preparing 49 patches and says to me, "now you know you can''t bathe for 2 days." I''m like
6.gif
, "oh my gosh, but I have two classes at the gym tonight!!!" And he says, "nope...not until Thursday!" I have to keep my entire back dry for 2 days. JEEZ. All 49 discs are literally covering my entire upper back.

I just pray that I don''t have any scarring from it because I can get hyperpigmentation from scabs and cuts. (**Thinking about wearing a strapless wedding gown with polka dots all over my back).

So I had an immediate burning/swelling reaction to cinnamic aldehyde which the doc says is in a lot of toothpastes, sunscreens, and flavorings (don''t know what that means). Ack. I guess the reaction was unexpected and so fast and so bad that he cut the patch out immediately and washed it off. It was kind of scary.

Anyway, I''m already craving the excercise.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good afternoon, all! Well, it''s a bit cooler today than it was early yesterday, and we might even get a little snow a few nights this week! I''m actually quite excited - it''s been a relatively mild winter for us. Last night, I hit the gym and did elliptical for 45 min. Food today hasn''t been too bad - had a small wheat bagel with light butter for breakfast, a small portion of leftover Indian for lunch, and then an apple & some peanuts as snacks. Trying to get away from the chocolate callings - they are so strong sometimes
11.gif
. Looking forward to tonight''s workout - 45 to 60 min of elliptical and upper body weight training.

RoseRed - Welcome!!
35.gif

shortblonde - Yeah for making it to the gym all weekend! The veggie lasagna sounds delicious!
steph - Great job on the 3 mile run! Sorry to hear about your guys being sick - I hope you all feel better soon.
icekid - Hello from another Philly area PSer! Sounds like you had a good weekend. A little indulgence isn''t too bad once in a while. The past few weeks have been tougher for me because it was my BF''s birthday in late Jan and mine in mid-Feb.
ladypirate - Mmm, wine tasting - how fun! Do you live in CA?
*Lindsey* - Good luck to you and your hubby with the detox.
Maisie - Way to go with your workout! I understand what you mean about young "trainers". I had a kid, couldn''t have been any older than 18/19, that used to fill in for our kickboxing instructor from time to time. Talk about endless energy! Phew! It will get easier - the first few weeks are the roughest but once you get into a pattern, you''ll be fine (and less sore!). Keep up the good work!
appletini - Yeah for more endurance (and new workout clothes!).
Mara - I hope your joints are feeling better soon.
CJ - Good luck with the skin testing.
Rod - Thanks for the great article post! It''s so true about how many people I see doing more "socializing" at the gym and less working out. I know I''m a little late, but I hope the job interview went well today (lots of PS dust your way!), and I hope Charlie feels better soon!
marcyc - Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Working on days when others have off is a bit of a drag, but now I feel back in the swing of the week. Is that a new ring in your avatar, btw?
Lorelei - Yeah for popping thigh muscles and noticing changes!
KimberlyH - Welcome back!
35.gif
Glad to hear you had an amazing trip!

Have a great night everyone! I''m off to get my hair done and then to the gym...

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi wwt. dinner last night was nice and i did bike afterwards. today has been a busy one with lots of meetings, blah. i am headed to the gym after work to do the elliptical. had a pumpkin bran muffin for dinner, tj''s tomato soup with kashi crackers, a cup of fage and some sliced peach for lunch, z bar as a snack. dinner is lasagna and salad. i need to find something good for an evening snack since i''m a little low on calories today.

rod, good luck with the interviews.

somethingshiny, i sometimes make tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes instead of canned, but only in the summer when you can get good ones. winter tomatoes are icky.

marcy, i hope your knees are still holding out!

steph, you poor thing, that sounds awful. i hope everyone in your house feels better soon.

cj, i am super hungry some days too. maybe you didn''t eat enough yesterday with all your working out?

kimberly, welcome back.

mara, that is a bummer about the arthritis. at least you are in california so you can walk outside!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone!

CJ, I just love your city, we had so much fun exploring. Every time we visit I become more enamored.

Mara, I am so sorry you are in so much pain! We''ll definitely get together the next time I''m in your ''hood.

So I spent the day doing laundry, running errands and getting ready to leave again tomorrow. I even managed to bake J a treat (he''s going to be home alone for 4 days). I have a long hair appt. to get to and we''ll have dinner when I get back.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week, will check in when I get home.

I''m not even getting near a scale for a week after I get back from my sister''s, this is one of those gotta let it go times.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Now THE SICKNESS (as we call it) has hit our house. My little boy woke up yesterday with a fever of 100.4, not a big deal and I attributed it to a hectic weekend. Last night he started with a cough. (also not a big deal here, we don't run to the doctor often) This morning, the fever was 103.8. He had a well-baby check today (an appt that is scheduled with the doc months in advance, they see him once every few months until he's 2. This was supposed to be the last check) Anyway, they couldn't do the well-baby check because of the fever, but they gave him the once-over due to the fever. He has tonsilitis pretty severely, which completely took me by surprise because he only started getting sick yesterday. The fever is at 103.8 with Tylenol,ibuprofen alternating, and lukewarm baths. He has a (temporary, I pray) heart murmur. The doc says it's due to the high fever and should go away. They'll see him again in 12 days to make sure it's gone. I feel like a terrible mother...If not for the scheduled appt, I wouldn't have even made an appt yet, I would have waited at least another day or two before calling the doctor. He would have been absolutely miserably sick, and I shudder to think that I would have caused this murmur to NOT be temporary.

Anyway, I'll probably not be PSing as much as usual, so good luck with all the workouts/eating well/moving/interviews/sickness.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all.

Well, I seem to have caught the WWT cold as well.
7.gif
I started getting a sore throat this morning and it has been worsening throughout the day. Luckily, I made a big batch of squash ginger curry soup a few days ago and froze it, so that should be good for dinner. For now, I'm loading up on the echinacea and hot tea and bundling up.

Patiently Waiting, I am in CA--Santa Barbara, actually, so wine tasting is readily available! Do you live in CA as well?

Rod, sending tons of PS dust to you!

CJ, good luck with your allergen test.

Kimberly, congrats on the student teaching gig!

Feel better everyone else who is sick!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Hi WWTers! Hope everyone is having a healthy and healing day with all of the sickness going around lately!

Kimberley- glad you and your hubby had such a fun and tasty trip. Congrats on your student teaching assignment!

Rod- I like the diner show on the food network! I keep checking to see if they ever go anywhere in my hometown, or my current town but no luck yet.

Mara- what rotten luck on all of the joint pain. Sounds like that must have been quite the bug that you had. Take it easy until you’re feeling better (I know, easier said that done for you!)

Patiently- cool that you’re in Philly! Then you know that there are way too many tempting restaurants around these parts  Do you live in the city?

Maisie- good for you for getting to the gym! I bet you’ll really come to enjoy it.

somethingshiny- sorry to hear that the bug has hit your family too! I guess it’s that time of the year. But seriously don’t worry about not running your little guy to the doc every time a virus hits. You aren’t doing anything wrong there!

CJ – hope your allergy testing does not drive you too crazy! At least you should be learning something useful from the annoyance.

marcy- hope those knees stop bothering you so you can get back to your TM fun.

ladypirate- hope you feel better soon!

So I had a good day! Took Miss Kaji for a 30 min walk this morning before class, and boy did the temp drop overnight. Cold and windy! Ick. Then I went to school this morning for a solid 3.5 hours and learned all about lovely derm, and then decided to skip the afternoon session after that (gotta love 4th year!). Hehe. But it was all for a good cause, as I spent the afternoon and evening mostly cleaning out apartment and throwing out things that I don’t want to move with us this summer. Also got in some solid elliptical time while watching the first episode of Grey’s Anatomy season three. So I had a busy day, which means I didn’t think much about eating. Breakfast was a yogurt and ½ cup of fiber one twigs, oatmeal w/ flax seed and protein powder for lunch. Oh and more fiber one twigs for a snack. Dinner was chicken and veggies, followed by fage with strawberries. Loove the fage!! Yum.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!

Well, your friend Rod needs heaping truck loads of PS Fairy Dust. The phone screen lasted nearly 2 hours this afternoon and was with who I would work for and we really clicked. We clicked so well, she already told me I was the front runner for this position (I'd be an Associate Director, reporting to her) and wondered why I've been just down the street and they've been searching for someone like me for the last two months. It was exciting to get immediate positive feedback. She then asked me to come in for a 1/2 day (minimum) in-person interview next week. I should know tomorrow what day. There are pluses and minuses. This is a huge staffing firm (that's my background) and they just broke the $Billion dollar mark, which makes them really big AND their corporate headquarters is right here in Tampa, just 3 miles from our home. And there is room for growth and future opportunity. BUT, the initial pay is way lower than I am used to. So, that's something I'll need to seriously consider. Not that companies are throwing jobs at me, so I may not have a lot of choices and this would be a terrific position for me, so hopefully, it will all work out. Anyway, it went well............Plus, I'm supposed to hear about the job I interviewed for last week (also by phone) on Thursday. That job would pay nearly twice what today's opportunity pays, but I'd be a lone ranger and work remotely for this company, which is a little less appealing than being in a dynamic team environment. Oh well, at least I'm getting to a point where I may actually have some choices to make. Enough on this subject.

My phone screen was later this afternoon, so I didn't get to the gym until after 6 PM. Seemed like old times and I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen for a few weeks, so it was fun. One thing for sure. I was so energized from a good interview that I was simply on fire at the gym. I worked out for a full three hours and just got lost in the machines. My arms are super sore, which means I pushed them hard. I also got on the elliptical and just started daydreaming and I looked at the RPMs and I was doing 95 RPM, so I just stayed there for the whole 35 minutes. I was breathing a bit, but really really enjoyed it. The whole workout was fun. Isn't it amazing how having something positive in your life can make such a difference in how your workout goes? Hmmmmm...........Enough about me..........

Charlie's still pretty sick. He sounds just terrible, but he won't take a day off. He only has 8 more days at work anyway, then he too will be able to get unemployment. How lucky can we be?? Poor thing, his cough is really bad. But he also won't take anitbiotics, so getting him to go to the Dr., is out of the question. Not that he's anti-doctors. He has an annual physical and is in great health. He just feels he should be able to fight a cold without antibiotics. So far, that's worked for him. Hopefully, it will this time too.

Steph, I'm so sorry that they men in your house are so sick. And one week from moving too. I hope it's just a short lived stomach virus that will go away quickly.

Thanks PW. Snow huh? I hope you get some if that's what you want, but I live in Florida to avoid snow. I'm orginally from the D.C., area and moved to FL after 2 back to back 3 foot snow storms in 1987. Rod's rule on snow is it can be looked at but no touched........LOL

Mara, I'm so sorry about the post viral arthritis. Sounds like you need to be taking it easy for a while. And knowing you that will be torture. I hope it goes away quickly and remember, you can't lose muscle in even a couple weeks. It takes a minimum of 6 - 8 weeks to begin losing muscle with no activity. So, take the Dr's orders and relax.

somethingshiny, I'm sure you're a wonderful mother and you should not beat yourself up for thinking you would have waited longer to take your son to the Dr. If parenting were an exact science everyone would be perfect. We're not perfect and that's OK. I hope he feels better soon.

ladypirate, so sorry you've caught THE cold. So many people are sick this time of year. You take care of yourself, get's lot's of rest, drink lot's of fluids and eat some chicken soup!

icekid, we really enjoy that show too. So far, he's never come to Tampa that we're aware of. I'm glad I don't have his job though. I'd have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and weigh 400 pounds if all I did was fly all over the country and eat fried and high fat diner foods like he does. Come to think of it, if you look at the host, he's a hefty boy. It certainly can't be healthy having his job.

I guess that about does it for one day. Sleep well everyone! Oh, btw., if you belong to SparkPeople they have listed good and bad fishes and the good fish choices were rather surprising. Check it out if you're interested.

Ps: Sorry for the super long post........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I ate 1200 calories today and walked on the treadmill for 22 minutes. I am sore but not too bad so I’ll see how I’m doing in the morning.
Steph, sorry to hear everyone is sick and had such a long night. I hope everyone gets well and you get some sleep.
Lorelei, yay for muscles popping out in a good way. Woo hoo progress that shows.
CJ, I hate when I have those days when I am very hungry like that. Your bagel sounds good. Thanks for the well wishes; I have degenerative arthritis so I hope the TM didn’t flare my knees up tonight. Tomorrow will tell. I hope you found a great class to join in on tonight. I’ve had the skin tests for food allergies and general hay fever allergies. I am lucky they never told me not to shower. It sounds like you had quite a reaction. Aak.
Kimi, welcome back. It sounds like your trip to NYC was fantastic. March 3rd will be here before you know it. Have fun at your sister’s.
Mara, I am sorry to hear you have post viral arthritis. I hope you feel better soon.
PW, I hope you get some snow. We need moisture here so I hope we get more snow and rain this spring. Yay for a good work at the gym last night. Yes, my avatar is my new ering that we bought this weekend. We had my diamond mounted in it and I got a new aring as well. I so need to get my hair done but I am trying to grow out my bangs long enough they will go behind my ears. It’s a long, slow process.
Shortblonde, I hate days with lots of meetings. Sometimes they are so unproductive. It’s nice to have extra calories for the day. My knees seem to be a little stiff / sore after the TM but not too bad. I’ll see how they do later and tomorrow.
Somethingshiny, sorry to hear the sickness has descended upon your house. I am sure your little boy is okay and hope he feels better soon.
Ladypirate, get well soon.
IceKid, yay for a walk this morning even in the cold and wind. Good plan skipping class and cleaning out the apartment.
Rod, major tons of good luck PS dust coming your way on your job interviews. Yay for having a great workout today. Tell Charlie I hope he gets well soon.
Well, I must go grade papers. Have a great evening and sweet dreams.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just popping back in to throw some fairy dust your way, Rod. And to lend a scientific perspective to Charlie's anti-antibiotics belief. Antibiotics are only able to fight off viral infections, which are much more common than bacterial infections, when we use them to fight viruses we simply alter our body's response to their use, in a negative fashion. The more we use antibiotics the less effective they are and in the long run this can do damage to our immune systems and their ability to fight off bacterial infections as they are meant to. I hope he feels better soon. KimiH, MD, signing off...
2.gif

Thanks for all the welcome backs. I'm struggling with packing...just not feeling like doing it. I'd better get going, I need to be out the door by 7am.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I know people at work that run to the doctor when they get the sniffles and take antibiotics all the time - it''s no wonder they are sick all the time.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the get-well wishes, everyone. I'm still a under the weather, but I laid low today and drank a lot of tea, so hopefully it'll go away soon.

icekid, I meant to say that I love ice skating (and roller-blading, for that matter, which is a lot easier to do in SoCal!) I took figure skating in college for a fun class and enjoyed it so much I bought my own skates and continued doing it. I just wish there was a rink close to wear we live (and that Kris could fit into ice skates--he has size 16EEE feet, so a lot of sports requiring footwear are sort of out the window for him). I think you'll agree that roller-blading, while fun, just isn't the same...you can't get the same control you can on the ice!

Rod, I'll keep sending dust your way. It sounds like the offers are going to start rolling in!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny Kimi I always thought that antibiotics were not useful towards VIRAL infections but were useful towards BACTERIAL. I guess I had it entirely backwards??? Because people always say ''oh a flu is viral so they can''t give you anything for it anyway''.

Joint pain is still prevalent. I am a fan of the Advil at this point, it hugely helps. But I have this odd sore throat where just one side of my throat hurts. The DR said don''t worry about that, but it''s so odd to just have one side that hurts, and it does hurt. And the hand joint pain in the worst right now. I will be SO happy when this is all said and done. And yes it''s very hard for me to do nothing...I totally feel like I want to be better and back to my routine! I am already thinking of sneaking some cardio in tomorrow evening if it''s like really slow elliptical...hehee.

Got my hair done this evening, yay for matching highlights and a fresh a-line cut. Then got some slices of NY style pizza and a calzone for dinner...mmmmm. It''s pouring rain here and supposed to rain all week I guess, joy.

Sorry to hear so many people are feeling under the weather...this season''s colds and flus are pretty sucky for sure. Hang in there everyone! Anyhow, evening all..!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I've been absent from WWT for a week +...my SIL has been ready to give birth at any time and I've been paying more attention to that (and job searching) than I have to working out in this subzero weather....

Just checking in to say hello, and hope that everyone is doing ok and that all these illnesses go away soon! Muah! Take care everyone!
35.gif

ETA: oops, I should mention that she has been in labor since yesterday afternoon and they will be giving her pitocin early this morning to really get things going. Should have little Heather Haley in the world by this afternoon! Forgive me for not posting much, as I am a very excited Auntie-to-be!!!
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that kimberly means that anti biotics are only useful in fighting bacterial infections. Later on in her post she says:

''The more we use antibiotics the less effective they are and in the long run this can do damage to our immune systems and their ability to fight off bacterial infections as they are meant to.''

I am loaded with cold today and the kids are starting with it too. They are meant to have their holiday vaccinations on Friday but I doubt the nurse will do them if they are unwell. Poor things, they have been dreading this appointment and I think they just want to get it over with.

I am supposed to go to the gym today but the way I feel.... I don''t think I can manage it. Thats not a very good start to my fitness plan is it?
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, if you are sick then there is not a lot you can do! Don't feel bad, you will soon feel better and be able to get straight back to it! In the meantime, you can do some stretching exercises focusing on your legs if you feel up to it, and eat carefully, that will keep you in the groove despite the pants cold!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei. I will definitely go when I feel better. I would go today and just muddle through but my sinuses are really starting to hurt. I would probably come home crying!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
After having three bacterial infections in a row and taking two courses of antibiotics, I can confirm that they are only for bacterial stuff. The trick is to know when you have a bacterial infection. If you have one but aren''t going to the doctor/taking antibiotics, you may get worse even with rest, etc. Of course, then there''s me, who got worse by trying to work out too much after taking them.

Speaking of, I did a Firm video last night, but boy did I put it off. First it was going to be right after work, then no, I''d eat a snack first, then I worked obsessively on a parenthetical citations worksheet I won''t be handing out for a month (one of my bouts of "productive procrastination" when there''s something I don''t want to do), then I ate dinner . . . finally I did the hour video until almost 10 p.m. DH is out of town so I think it was partly that I had the run of the house and wasn''t disturbing anybody by a weird schedule.

I''d love to run today, but I have an after school meeting, and DH won''t be home until 9 or 10 tonight. I''ll have to gauge the light situation when I get home. It might be a day off but I can run and do weights Thursday and Friday and hopfully Sunday. Last week I worked out 3 times (after 0 the week before when I induced fatigue by overdoing it), so my goal this week is 4 times. Next week it will be 5.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! I hope you had a great day yesterday. My day was pretty good - food-wise things weren''t too bad, and exercise-wise, I did great. I did a 20 minute powerwalk after lunch and then hit the gym after work for 60 minutes on the elliptical, followed by weight training on my shoulders, back, and chest. This morning, I started thinking more about Lorelei''s thread to start the week, about craving exercise. This morning, while getting ready for work, I had the radio on and a song came on - one that is usually a part of one of the CDs that my kickboxing instructor uses. Now, I''m not sure if it was me craving kickboxing, me being pre-programmed to do it because of this song, or a combination of the two, but I found myself thinking in my head *block punch punch* to the beat - LOL. Has this ever happened to anyone else where they hear a song and it reminds them of their workout?

somethingshiny - Hope you feel better soon!
ladypirate - I''m from the other side of the country (PA), which doesn''t bode well for my love of wine sometimes! I''ve been to CA many times, from LA/Santa Barbara all the way up the coast through Paso Robles & up to Napa - love it! Unfortunately, many of the lovely wines I find there I can''t find here. We have some pretty strict wine shipping laws to PA
38.gif
Hope you feel better soon!
icekid - I''m actually in the suburbs of Philly, but definitely close enough to drive in as often as I can for shows and of course all of the wondeful restaurants we have to offer! I''ve come to think of Restaurant Week as a semi-annual holiday
11.gif
Sounds like you had a great day - are you ready for the snow?
2.gif

Rod - Sending tons of PS fairy dust your way *dust dust dust* I hope Charlie feels better soon - there are so many things going around lately - everyone is sick
7.gif
Great job on the workout, too!
marcyc - Love the new ring
36.gif
Sounds like you had a good day with food & exercise - great job!
Mara - Hope your joints are feeling better soon.
Maisie - Hope you feel better soon! Lorelei is right - don''t push it at the gym if you are feeling too sick, as it won''t do you any good in the long run. Get better and then get back to work.

Howdy to everyone else
35.gif
I hope you all have a great day and that those that are sick feel better soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, I am dustin'' like crazy for you!!!!

Mara and everyone who is sick, I hope you all feel better soon, that is quite the germ which is doing the rounds.

15.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone. Well, our family had another rough night. Adam was feeling better, but Andrew was still sick last night. He actually has an appetite this morning, though and his fever was down, so I''m hoping the worst is over. I have Lysoled the entire house more times than I can count and have thrown out toothbrushes, etc. that had the germs, so I''m hoping it will be over with and knock on wood, I don''t get the same thing. I have been eating light too just in case it decides to hit me. I am trying to do minimal grocery shopping this week to try to eat things from the fridge and freezer, since we will have to throw things out for the movers on Monday. While cleaning out the freezer, I found multiple bags of organic frozen fruit from when Adam was on a huge smoothie kick. I am going to try to use up most of that this week since those things are expensive. I put some blueberries on top of my oatmeal this morning. Think I''ll make some homemade blueberry muffins. We have bags of strawberries, blueberries, and mixed berries....anybody have any good smootie recipies? Hope everyone has a great day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:51:55 AM
Author: Maisie
I think that kimberly means that anti biotics are only useful in fighting bacterial infections. Later on in her post she says:

'The more we use antibiotics the less effective they are and in the long run this can do damage to our immune systems and their ability to fight off bacterial infections as they are meant to.'
You are right, Miss Mara, and that's exactly what I meant, Maisie. This is what happens when I post after 8pm, I stop making sense! One of the biggest problems with implementing a universal health care program in the US will be regulating MD visits for colds and such. Doctor's can't do anything for us when we have viral infections yet people go to the doctor and demand medication, which is often dispensed to appease the patient to their own detriment in the long term. We'll have to curb visits through some sort of phone triage system that allows a qualified profession to determine whether a doctor's visit is truly necessary and a lot of people will be told not to come in, which won't go over well in this society.

Maisie, don't be hard on yourself for getting sick. Just take good care, rest and feel better.

C, PW and pirate, I meant to say thanks so much for congratulating me about my student teaching placement. It's been a long road and I'm really excited about this culminating experience in my grad program. I'll be finished in June if all goes well and I am so ready!

I am up way too early this morning. Didn't plan on checking back in but woke up at 4am, grrr. So I'm showered, dressed, ready to go and my flight isn't until 10. DH is still sleeping soundly, hooray!

Had my hair done -- am loving the new bright red and have become addicted to going shorter, every time I go in I ask my stylist to take a bit more off, she thinks it's so funny -- then came home for dinner. We had chicken sausage, asparagus and rice (it was an interesting Uncle Ben's sorta thing with lots of grains, it was good).

So, for the last time, have a great few days, all, and take good care of yourselves!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be so caught up in my own things going on not to respond to everyone, but I am reading and keeping up....after this move, I will be back to participating more.

Rod, just wanted to send lots of good vibes your way. Sounds like everything is starting to turn around for you. It sounds like the corporate office job might be a really good opportunity for you. I am really glad the phone interview went so well and that you are the front-runner, I''m sure that was just the pick-me-up you needed. Keep us updated on the in-person interview!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning All,

Thanks Kimberly. I knew what you meant that antibiotics are worthless against viral vs. bacterial. And Charlie has a really good immune system, so he will get over this without needing any pills I''m sure. When I get a cold, it often turns into sinus infection and/or bronchitis, so I usually need some help. But the cold I just got over came and went without me needing any pills, which must mean that all my healthy eating and working out has helped my immune system a lot!

Thanks for all the Fairy Dust everyone! Fingers crossed that Rod will be working and paying taxes again real soon!

Yay for having your hair done and Pizza too Mara. Yesterday, I decided I really wanted a slice of pizza and I tried two different places, but neither sold pizza by the slice and I knew if I got a whole one, I wouldn''t stop at one slice, so I never got to scratch that itch. Oh well.........Take care and feel better.

Glad to hear you''re OK Monnie. I hope the baby arrives safely for mom and child. How is your job search going? Hubby had an interview last week didn''t he? Did that go well?

Steph, I''m sorry you guys had another rought night. It''s good that Adam is doing better and hopefully Andrew will feel better soon. If you have any protien powder and non-fat milk you can make fruit smoothies with extra protein. We use fresh berries, protein powder and equal amounts of non-fat milk and ice in a blender for a very smooth and refreshing smoothie after a workout.

PW, Yay for a great fitness day. And yes, when I hear songs they play at the gym, or even something on my iPod, I think about the ellptical for sure!

Maise, I''m sorry you''re under the weather. Best to take it easy until you''re feeling better.

Phoenix, sounds like you''re doing just great!

I don''t really have any plans for the day. I''ll meet Charlie for lunch, then do the gym later in the afternoon. Ah, the life of leisure...........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, is protein powder the same as whey? I am still on the whey shakes, they taste like pahnts, but I will persevere
emotion-41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results