shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th Feb till 24th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, found some vanilla whey protein powder and we have lf milk, so I think it will try one later today. Have a great lunch with Charlie and a wonderful workout!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2008 10:04:55 AM
Author: Lorelei
Rod, is protein powder the same as whey? I am still on the whey shakes, they taste like pahnts, but I will persevere
emotion-41.gif
Lorelei, it is. But not all Whey powders taste bad. I like a brand called Muscle Milk. It's actually higher in fat than others, but it's good fat and tastes really good. Maybe you just have a brand that doesn't taste too good?

And Steph, I hope you like the shake. Vanilla's a good flavor to have with the fruit. I also like chocolate a lot. BTW., when I mentioned equal parts milk and ice, for one shake, I use one cup of ice to one cup of milk.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:37:54 AM
Author: Rod
Date: 2/20/2008 10:04:55 AM

Author: Lorelei

Rod, is protein powder the same as whey? I am still on the whey shakes, they taste like pahnts, but I will persevere
emotion-41.gif

Lorelei, it is. But not all Whey powders taste bad. I like a brand called Muscle Milk. It''s actually higher in fat than others, but it''s good fat and tastes really good. Maybe you just have a brand that doesn''t taste too good?

And Steph, I hope you like the shake. Vanilla''s a good flavor to have with the fruit. I also like chocolate a lot. BTW., when I mentioned equal parts milk and ice, for one shake, I use one cup of ice to one cup of milk.

Thanks, Rod...I think I will try one for an afternoon snack!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hehe, lorelei, your little sick face made me laugh! i''m not much of a fan of protein powder either, i much prefer to add silken tofu to my smoothies for a protein boost. blends right in and you never know it''s there. i can''t wait until the weather gets warmer here so i can make smoothies again. they are my usual summer breakfast but they are just not appealing in the winter.

i had to stay late at work last night, but i had a great workout afterwards. i am getting some dental work done this afternoon and have alot of nervous energy about that, so i tried to channel it out through my exercise last night.

i''m not really hungry today, i think because i''m anxious about the dentist, but i forced myself to eat a bowl of oatmeal and a pear so far. i brought some fage for a light lunch. not sure if i will work out this afternoon or not, it depends on how i am feeling. same for dinner - i might actually be making a smoothie if my mouth is really sore!

hope all the sickies feel better soon!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Kimberly I knew you were going on vacation, but I didn''t know it was to come to NYC!!! I looked back through last week''s posts and realized a bunch of people said "have fun in NYC." But I totally missed it. Next time you come, we should meet up for a power walk through Central Park!!! Your restaurants sound amaaaaaazing. Ug...I haven''t been to any of them but you have fantastic taste in food! You must be big fans of Daniel Boulud! The chef of A Voce worked at a Boulud restaurant for a while. One of my fave foods is French...so I was absolutely drooling at your restaurant choices.

Steph, you certainly are a superhero(ine) taking care of your men. I hope you got some sleep yesterday before your house visitors.

shortblonde, good luck at the dentist. Congrats on a great workout last night.

Rod, sounds like you had a fantastic workout yesterday too. I''m jealous.
27.gif
No gym for me until these allergy patches come off. Ugh they are uncomfortable.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!

so let me first say..I AM SO OVER THIS FRIGGIN #!*#& JOINT PAIN.

the nights are just SUCKING. during the day it''s not SO bad because i can control it with advil and also movement keeps things from getting too stiff. but at night, laying in the same position for 5 hours then getting up to go to the bathroom is like a study in frustration...having to slowly reawaken my joints and muscles before getting out of bed sucks.

and last nite my right hand was SO stiff. i took some codeine for sleep and then 3 advils before bed and i think it made me sick to my stomach, along with all the pizza stuff i ate. i was SO ill feeling at 3am...like i was going to throw up..i think it was a combo of the pain and the medication. SO not doing that again, i went all dizzy and almost blacked out. managed to quickly get over to the bed and lay down in case i did pass out, and then went all cold and clammy and had wind rushing in my ears for 5 minutes. then fell asleep. way too trippy.

i read a bit about this post-viral arthritis thing online, but it sounds like i have a bad version of it. greg''s is much more mild. i just want it GONE...and everything i have read and DR says it could take about a week to see improvement. i am like seriously, i might just have gone crazy by then. you don''t realize how valuable things like being able to grip a door handle are until they are taken away from you. so irritating.

rod...i found this place on yelp in downtown tampa and someone said they had authentic yummy NY style pizza by the slice, you may want to check it out. they also said the slices are HUGE. typically when we get slices we do one each and maybe split a third, but last nite i had ''big eyes'' and got garlic knots and slices AND a calzone. so no wonder my stomach felt sick. i still feel queasy. and i hear ya re slices vs a pie. i prefer slices now for that same reason, and also you can try diff slices. i bring ours home and heat them up on an oven sheet and get the crust crisp.

Eddie & Sam''s Ny Pizza
4 star ratingbased on 1 review
203 E Twiggs St
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 229-8500

on the discussion re: protein powder...i really like designer whey for ''flavor'' and a lot of people who are not hard core builders really like that one too from online reviews. i have tried their PB choco caramel which is yummy with ff milk in shakes. but i also just got this new one ''anywhey'' by optimum. it''s highly recommended for those who don''t like the pp taste...because you can technically mix it into anything as it is flavorless. as we all know pp''s are not TRULY flavorless but it definitely does a good job of not having much flavor at all so for anyone who doesn''t like how the pp''s taste, try this one. it''s what i use in my pancakes and things like that. for me i look for ones that are low in cals and high in protein with low or no sugars. that way i can get the most out of it how it was truly intended...i don''t want fat or anything like that..i can add my own fat in if i want to in the form of a banana or whatever. also i tried the muscle milk pudding last week and it was so absolutely NASTY. the first bite was great but the aftertaste, oh man. i tossed the other one.

anyhow, i''m working at home this morning...hope everyone is having a good day. it''s wed which seems so odd because just 2 more days til wkd...which i am excited about but also hoping by then this joint pain will have gotten better so i''m not so friggin cranky all the time with weird demented night dreams.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No work out yesterday b/c I had a lunch meeting. I did walk to for 30 min on the TM today while reading the March Better Homes and Gardens, which has some great decorating ideas, if anyone is interested.

Rod, Great news on the job front, I''m sure you''ll have multiple offers, the hard part will be choosing one.

Steph, Get well soon to your hubby and son, and hope you don''t get sick. Although I''m sure drinking those smoothies will be very good for you. And good luck with the move.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I just want to thank all of you for such warm words of welcome and apologize for not posting the last couple of days...and please forgive me if I miss out on some of the topics. A couple days away and I''m way behind!!

Mara...I completely understand about your joint pain. It''s hard to explain just how miserable that type of pain is. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and one of the hardest things to deal with is the difficulty sleeping. It''s a terrible cycle--the pain interrupts your sleep and the more your sleep is broken the more the pain is there. Awful. I really hope your arithritis clears up soon. I have found (bearing real narcotics!) that either Tylenol PM or Advil PM do help a little with the pain (and the sleep). But, really you shouldn''t take more than 2 of any of those nsaids at a time. It''s hard on your liver & your tummy! Will definitely make you queasy.
1.gif

I must say that one of the really great things about this thread is how much everyone works out and really enjoys it. That is truly my goal right now. The thing about the fibromyalgia is it completely took away the pleasure of exercise. I had always worked out and been active and fibro really showed me how much I took working out for granted. Sometimes I even have trouble showering because of the pain...makes driving a car or lifting a dumbell seem absolutely impossible! But, I''m not here to be a sad sack...I''m now at a point where I''m learning how to deal and getting on with things...and looking to get lots of inspiration from you guys!

Rod...I''d like to add some fairydust to your job search and to express my jealously at your 3 hour workout!

Steph...hope that mean bug is really gone. yay for lysol!

CJ...ouch with the allergy patches. That can''t be fun!

Marcyc...I''m with you with the tossing away the choc cake...can''t tell you how many goodies I have to force feed the hubby (or the trash) that my sweet neighbors give me.

Lorelei...thanks for the welcome and I really, really enjoyed your opening post this week. That feeling/mindset is what I want.

I know I''m leaving out so many ...I''m so sorry
7.gif
I could easily write a book!

ps. I actually don''t mind the taste of ON whey protein powder. It goes well in just about anything and never upsets my stomach. It''s 120 cal, 1g fat, 24g protein 4g total carbs. I can even mix it in water and not mind it so I carry some in my bag for emergencies.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s no excuse, but now that I am finished with my thesis (which I successfully defended yesterday) AND coaching Speech Team (state finals were a week ago), I am going to be back in the gym regularly and I''d love to join this thread.

I''m so excited to have nothing to do but my regular job, however will I fill my time?
2.gif

I can''t wait to get back into the gym and eating better.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:19:05 PM
Author: Haven
I know it's no excuse, but now that I am finished with my thesis (which I successfully defended yesterday) AND coaching Speech Team (state finals were a week ago), I am going to be back in the gym regularly and I'd love to join this thread.

I'm so excited to have nothing to do but my regular job, however will I fill my time?
2.gif

I can't wait to get back into the gym and eating better.
Yeah Haven!! What degree was your thesis for? MA or PhD?? What an accomplishment!
36.gif
36.gif
I defended my PhD last May and it felt really good.

I got back on the horse after 2 weeks (1 week out of town for work and 1 week sick). Did 25 minutes of HARD cardio, it was tough and my lungs don't feel like they are getting full expansion, but as usual it felt really great. Tomorrow night will increase to 35 and then get up to 50 minutes per session. Aiming for 5 days cardio this week!

DD
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:35:09 PM
Author: RoseRed

I must say that one of the really great things about this thread is how much everyone works out and really enjoys it. That is truly my goal right now. The thing about the fibromyalgia is it completely took away the pleasure of exercise. I had always worked out and been active and fibro really showed me how much I took working out for granted. Sometimes I even have trouble showering because of the pain...makes driving a car or lifting a dumbell seem absolutely impossible! But, I''m not here to be a sad sack...I''m now at a point where I''m learning how to deal and getting on with things...and looking to get lots of inspiration from you guys!
I''m with you on the whole love hate relationship with excercies. I HATE getting myself out the door to go, but I LOVE actually working out and I LOVE how it makes me feel and think about myself.

I don''t know anyone with fibromyalgia personally, but from what I have heard it sounds really debilitation. You are an inspitation for you attitude and commitment to overcome the challenges that you were dealt! This is totally not an educated suggestion, but I wonder if swimming might be a great excercise for you? The water might help with the pain if it is related to your joints.. just a thought!

DD
35.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks dreamer! This was for my MEd, I''m not quite ready for a PhD program yet.

I''m so excited to get back into the swing of things, I''ve gotten a bit soft over the last few months.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Haven!! And welcome to the WWT. May you find all the friendship and support that so many of us do on this thread!

Thanks for the Pizza tip Mara, I''ll have to mapquest it and see exactly where they''re located downtown. We''re like 2.5 miles from downtown! I''m sorry you have such a bad case of the post-viral arthritis and I hope it goes away soon.

Kimberly, I hope I haven''t missed you. Just wanted to wish you a wonderful and gastronomic trip to NYC!!

Yay for a great workoug after work SB!!! I hope everything went well at the dentist.

Appletini, please take this as a helpful suggestion, OK? I read recently that if someone can read a book or magazine while doing cardio, they''re probably not working out to a level that is as beneficial as they might think. I''ve noticed lot''s of people reading while on the elliptical, but none of them going at a clip that would even make them sweat. Anyway, I''m glad you got in 30 minutes on the TD, but also wanted to share what I had read recently. Thanks for the kind thoughts on the job front!!

Thanks for the fairydust RoseRed! I think you''re very inspiring to work out when it can cause pain because of Fibromyalgia. Many people with that condition would not work out at all, so you go RoseRed!!

Yay for pushing yourself to do 25 minutes of hard Cardio Dreamer!!

Not much happened on the job hunt today. I didn''t get the call telling me what day next week my 1/2 day interview is, but I imagine I''ll hear tomorrow or Friday. I''m just not going to worry about it. What will happen will happen and it''s time I relaxed a bit as things in life one has no control over, are things one shouldn''t obesses about. How about that from worry-wart Rod??!!

I went to the gym around 5 PM and since it wasn''t very crowded yet, I got to pick up the pace a bit and pushed myself through a full routine that would often take me 2.5 hours in just 2 hours. Some might call it supersetting, which is to go from one exercise to the next without a break. I must admit I was completlely warn out at the end of 2 hours, which actually felt pretty good. Then I stopped by the grocery store and got a nice big salad from the salad bar (God Bless Salad Bars, Right?!) and came home in time to see the ladies on American Idol. Charlie''s still not feeling well, so he didn''t go to the gym and he actually went to bed at 9 PM. I hope he get''s a good nights rest.

I''m not doing much tomorrow, but will have my 3rd day in a row at the gym for sure. Otherwise, I''ll just enjoy the day.

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day. Did anyone see the eclipse tonight? It was cloudy here. Our local news channel wanted to interview me but lucky for me they must have reached the junior high school teacher who has an astronomy club because they never called me back. My astronomy club wasn’t going to set up any scopes so they probably didn’t want to interview me anymore. I am not a fan of being on TV anyway. One of the girls at work was teasing me the cameras add 50 pounds.
TM update, my knees were a little more sore than normal this morning but improved overnight so I am going to try it again tomorrow. I actually think the walking has loosen up my right knee which I have babied for years since it is the worst of my knees. I know my arthritis can’t be cured but the exercising and using the joints can only help me in the long run.
We took one of my husband’s employees out for dinner tonight - he''s up here from Arizona. I ate a small steak and baked potato (not bad) but then we had some PB / CHOC pie. It was GREAT.
Ladypirate, good idea to take it easy today. I hope you feel better. You and Icekid will have to go skating without me. The last time I was on skates I got my wheels caught and went right down on my behind and cracked my tailbone. It still bothers me sometime but I can at least laugh about it now.
1.gif

Mara, sorry to hear your joints are still stiff and painful. You certainly had a rough night. It is amazing how many ways you can get arthritis. I got it when I had the 3 day measles in high school. I hope you have a good night’s sleep tonight.
Monnie, subzero weather – yuck to that. Yay for the soon arrival of your niece or nephew.
Maisie, I hope your cold gets better.
Hi Lorelei, I hope you had clear skies for the eclipse tonight. Our weather was pants.
PhoenixGirl, I am glad to hear your are feeling up to doing some workouts this week.
PW, too funny about the song inspiring you to think of kickboxing. Sweet Dreams always reminds me of this killer exercise we did when I took jazzercise. I am glad you like my new ring. I can’t wait till this weekend when I have sun and daylight so I can take more pictures.
Steph, I hope you don’t get sick and everyone else is doing better. Smoothies sound great.
Kimi, sorry to hear you had such a short night. Your new “do” sounds great. Have fun at your sister’s.
Rod, sorry you couldn’t find pizza by the slice. I have complete faith in you though that you would not eat an entire pizza. I bet you could find someplace that makes little personal pizzas. You sure have a great attitude about not being worried on the job front.
Shortblonde, my mouth is sore for you and hope your afternoon at the dentist wasn’t too bad. I had a wisdom tooth filled one time and it was awful – he worked on it for 90 minutes. Both the dentist and I agreed if I ever get another cavity in my wisdom teeth we’ll just forget it until I want the tooth pulled.
CJ, I hope the allergy patches aren’t too itchy for you.
Appletini, yay for getting some decorating ideas. I don’t think I’m talented enough to read while on the TM. I get too dizzy looking down.
RedRose, sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia. My aunt has that and I know a few people at work who have it. I know it is quite painful. Another lady is bringing in a chocolate cake tomorrow. This has been a week full of temptations. Rats for that.
Welcome Haven. Congratulations for finishing your thesis and for finishing your coaching of a speech team. Good luck with getting back to the gym and eating better.
DD, yay for a good round of cardio last night. Woo hoo to increasing the time on your workout this week.
Well, take care everyone.
Marcy

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!

Rod
, 2 hours?!!? Wow. When do we get to see the Mr. Olympia photos?
9.gif

Haven, an MEd, that's awesome. Should be worth more since you did it while on the job. My best friend is working on hers right now too. She teaches grades 10 - 12 English, but wants to be a principal one day so is getting the MEd. Is that your goal too, or do you just like school? And good for you for getting back on the wagon! Working out does become a habit, but I find that I fall off the wagon once and a while and ya just gotta climb back on. Climbing is good for the arms and back, ya know?
2.gif

Mara, I'm sorry about your arthritis! My best friend has it as well and it shows up in her lower back and her eye (called eyeritis). She finds sleeping lots and reducing stress helps her avoid too many flareups. Maybe there's a way to get more/bigger diamonds out of this somehow? "The Doctor said looking at sparkly things reduces my stres, sooooo..."
9.gif

DD

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Whew! I got a good night''s sleep last night. Everyone seems to be feeling better...no getting sick for a full day so that is good...hope this bug is gone from the house! Anyway, I have been eating really light too just in case I got struck with the stomach bug too, so I am actually down a few lbs. Yesterday I had oatmeal w/ blueberries for breakfast, a fiber 1 bar for snack, lunch was a turkey sandwich on whole wheat and a few baked chips, afternoon snack was a protein smoothie and dinner was chicken and long grain rice. Today I''ll probably eat similarly and light with another protein shake...it really keeps me full. Don''t know about a workout since it is rainy and dreary here today. I might do some arms and jumprope indoors. Have a great day, everyone!

Rod, I make the smoothie and it was yummy. I put in mixed frozen berries, 1% milk, vanilla protein powder, and a few spoonfuls of activia yogurt....it was sooo good, and really kept me completely full until dinner...actually I had the smoothie around 3 and wasn''t even hungry when I made dinner at 6:30, so I only had a small portion. I think I might try this again today since late afternoon is really my problem time where I seem to want to snack a lot. Thanks for the smoothie tips
1.gif
. Hope you hear something today about your interview!

Mara, sorry about your joint pain. Hopefully you will return to your normal self really soon.

Marcy, I tried to see the eclipse, but it was cloudy. I thought about you! Too bad about not being on TV, that would''ve been fun. Yea for a yummy meal!

Lorelei, I agree you should try some different protein powder. Mine is vanilla flavored, and doesn''t taste bad at all. I got mine at Whole Foods here, so maybe a different kind will taste better.

Shortblonde, hope the dentist went well.

CJ, thanks for the well-wishes. Hope you had a good day yesterday!

Apple, I will have to pick up a copy of BH&G....I am all about decorating now with a new house!

RoseRed, glad you are part of our little community...everyone is so encouraging here!

Haven, yea for defending your thesis!!

Dreamer, yea for some good cardio!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 154px">Date: 2/20/2008 10:19:12 PM
Author: Rod

Appletini, please take this as a helpful suggestion, OK? I read recently that if someone can read a book or magazine while doing cardio, they''re probably not working out to a level that is as beneficial as they might think. I''ve noticed lot''s of people reading while on the elliptical, but none of them going at a clip that would even make them sweat. Anyway, I''m glad you got in 30 minutes on the TD, but also wanted to share what I had read recently. Thanks for the kind thoughts on the job front!!
Rod, I saw your post the other day, and knew you were going to think that when I typed this, but I''m just not a hardcore exerciser. So for me my philosophy is that even though I''m not reaching my full workout potential by elliptical/TM, magazine, and watching Y&R all at the same time, it is still better than if i just sat at my desk and did nothing. More than anything its just a mental break for me during the day. My TBT class on Mon and PT on Thurs are my "real" workouts, the others days are just to do something other than work.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 11:12:52 AM
Author: CrownJewel

Julianna, where did you go?!!

Happy workouts everyone!
*sprints in*

puff, puff...Here I am, here I am!!! Thanks for lookin'' out for me.
37.gif
Sorry about the not sweating or bathing, I''d become a hermit if I wasn''t allowed to bathe for a day, much less two! Sounds like it''s been worth it though, if he already found one thing that you reacted badly to.

Got in both Treddy o'' Doom workouts this week, and might I say, I believe a crumb of stamina seems to be returning to my runs. Hopefully soon I''ll be up to speed (ie. the speed I was running at before I went on hiatus), and then I can take a break from constantly whingeing about it.
9.gif

Hey Rose!
35.gif
Welcome!

Maisie, interesting about your knees/thighs. Makes sense, doesn''t it though? I suppose if you strengthen up all those muscles that run down your upper legs, your knees would be held in place a bit better. Hope your family''s sicknesses are all over soon.
apple: There are few things I enjoy more in life than buying clothes with a set purpose!
41.gif
Your new workout stuff sounds great!

sshiny: I want all new bedding and mattresses! *envy* Also, namaste. Also, hope THE SICKNESS passes over your family quickly. We have more of that here in MD than I like to think about. I blame it on the "flu shot". Making a shot against the flu just makes the flu mad. And when it gets mad, it gets mutatey. And when it gets mutatey, it gets MEAN. Many many good thoughts sent out to you!

Rod: Great article there. It reminded me of the guy I saw in the gym this morning. He was behind my treddy on an elliptical machine and was doing so little work that he actually had different SECTIONS of the newspaper spread out on his machine and was deeply engrossed in his reading. Egads, people!

Hey marcyc!
4.gif
One trip to Olive Garden isn''t gonna derail you. One trip to Olive Garden on company time = even yummier.

Haven: WOOT on your thesis! Congratulations!

Hey Lor! I agree re: the whey shakes! What an abomination!
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! thanks so much for all the well wishes....!! it seems someone has finally heard my prayers as i feel TONS better today. had a FAB night last nite with no interruptions and when i got up i didn''t feel like an 85 year old lady with a cane. and my hands are much better which is great as they were the most annoying pain....so hard to not use your hands. yay. of course as soon as i feel better i''m like well does this mean i can work out? i seriously need a brain chill pill. so i am forcing myself to just do nothing at least until saturday when i might try zumba again. but who knows, that''s what could have set off my joints last time so maybe not.

my eating has been pretty good, but not as good as it should be considering i can''t burn anything off. but i kind of felt like i deserved something happy and positive while in pain so even though i can''t indulge in chocolates, i am indulging in other ways, lol. like in the form of a greasy chicken burrito last nite. yummy. breakfast is typical, yesterday i had steel cut oatmel and english muffin, and this morning egg whites, bacon slice and english muffin. my lunch yesterday was a hodgepodge of beef barley soup, string cheese, mini wheat bagel. clementines. a oh yeah 100 cal bar. and then i got a honeydew milk tea...tried my friend''s regular milk tea and liked it better plus it''s less cals than the flavored honeydew so next time i''m just getting regular iced milk tea. i get them sans the bubbles which is where most of the cals are, so it''s not so bad, plus it''s a ton of vit D milk for protein and calcium.

apple..i hear ya re working out, esp at lunch. i don''t think i could be giving it my 1000% knowing i''d have to change and go back to work. when the weather is nice i go out and walk at lunch so that''s kind of the same thing, not setting any land speed records but it''s nice to get out.
maisie, re strengthening legs for knees, i have heard that for years too. my knees are weak, one in particular and all trainers say to beef up your quad and ham so that it helps support your knee better. knees are joints so you can''t beef them up but you can help the muscles around them be stronger so that your knee itself is less weak.
steph, glad to hear that the household is on the mend!! i also like shakes when done right, i sometimes put in fage as well as the berries, yummy. i wish i was working at home more still because i could totally do that stuff when i was, but in the office it''s just not conducive unfortunately.
rosered ,thanks so much for chiming in with sympathies...you definitely understand, so sorry about your fibro...it''s definitely not fun. i have so much more respect for the joints in our body because honestly you think come on, joint pain? how bad can it be...and then you are like holy crap! it can really debilitate you. and i still can''t believe that there''s not really more to do for arthritis in today''s day and age. i guess if i had it clinically there''d be meds i could take but for something like this advil was just barely cutting it. also i agree re swimming, it is great for cushioning the joints.
rod hope you hear back from the interview company. did you see my post where i put the name of the NY slice place in tampa? hope you try it out, i want to hear about it!

everyone else sounds like they are doing fabulous!!! i just realized skip has been quiet because she''s traveling. hope she and hub are having a marvelous time. happy thursday all!! fri is around the corner, and i feel better. WHEE.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THERE you are Miss Julianna, I missed you * howls*
39.gif
35.gif

Glad you are feeling better Mara!

Well the weights were pants last night, I just didn't have much strength and I was struggling. So we cut the upper body workout into half, we will continue the rest tonight.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The little guy is feeling better today. His fever finally broke last night. Today is his birthday, so I''m glad he feels well enough to play. Saturday is supposed to be his party with his little cousins, but I don''t know if we should go on with it. He''s not supposed to be contagious anymore, but do we take the chance??

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my personal training session today, it was tough, but I felt so good afterwards. I was so sweaty, on the PT days I have to wash my hair, so it goes up in a wet bun for the rest of the day. My workout buddy brought be a gatorade to have in addition to my water, and at the end when we were doing abs on the bosu ball, belly down, I thought all the gatorade and water was going to come back up. Also our trainer was late, so she comped our session. I can''t go to TBT on Mon b/c I have an all day meeting scheduled, so I''m going to try to go to bikram yoga the next few days to make up for it, otherwise next Thurs will be super tough.

Last night DH had to work late and wanted some vino when he got home, and all of our wines are purchases from our Napa trips so I don''t like to open it for random weeknight drinking. I also try not to drink Sun-Wed, and especially last night since I had my PT today. But we did have one that was a half bottle, so I let him open it and then just had a few sips so I could at least say that I got to enjoy it.

Lunch today was leftovers from last night, wheat spaghetti with a a turkey meat sauce.

Mara, Glad you are feeling better!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a really bad headache, so have decided to just bag the gym for today. I had two really hard workouts Tuesday and Wednesday, so an extra day's rest won't hurt me for sure. Charle's still not feeling good, so we're going to meet for diner food when he get's off. I did get the call today to schedule the in-person interview. It's next Thursday at 9 AM and will last 1/2 day. Then, if that goes well, I will be invited back to meet with the division President. It appears this will be a long road to get an offer. At least the job is really good.

Thanks for the Pizza recommendation Mara. I did see it and think I commented about it last night. Will definitely check it out and let you know. Glad you're feeling better!

Glad your knee's are better Marcy. We saw the eclipse for a while last night, then the sky clouded up just when it was becoming total. Bummer.

Thanks Dreamer, I really need to take some recent pics and post them. I will sometime!

Steph, it's great you had a good night and health has returned to your household. And just in time as the next few days are likely going to be quite hectic with the move. I'm glad you enjoyed the smoothie too! Protein is a great way to curb hunger.

Hey Apple....Just so you knew I wasn't being critical or anything. I'm glad your PT session was good!

Glad you sprinted in Julianna!! Good for you having Treddie and workouts this week.

Sorry for the pants workout Lorelei. It happens to the best of us. I'm sure it will be better the next workout for sure.

somethingshiny, I'm glad your little boy is doing better. Sorry, I can't offer advice on whether it would be good or not good to have the cousins over for a birthday celebration.

I'll check back in later. Going to go lay down and try to get rid of this blasted headache.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
well, my dental work went fine, but one of the meds they gave me made me sick. so last night was pretty miserable, no workout or dinner. fortunately it all appears to be out of my system now and i was able to eat a small breakfast and normal-sized lunch today. i am debating whether or not to go to dance class tonight - i really want to go but i am not sure that jumping around is the best idea. i''m leaning towards going but trying to take it easy and not do everything full out, but we''ll see.

hope everyone is having a good day!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon all! Wow, what a waste of a day for me....this morning I totally did something stupid. I had my cellphone next to the bathtub in case someone called and when I got out, I bumped it and it fell right in the bathtub full of water! I got it right out, but it was fried. So I spent the whole day going to the store trying to get a new phone, but I ended up getting a great deal at Costco, so it all worked out. Anyway, I didn''t get anything else done that I was supposed to yet, but I guess I will work on somethings tonight after Andrew goes to bed. I haven''t really had much of an appetite today. Breakfast was oatmeal w/ blueberries, snack was a Kashi bar, lunch was turkey sandwich on whole wheat, and dinner tonight will just be a boca burger and a protein smoothie (Adam is out of town, so I can get away with eating weird things for dinner
2.gif
). Hope everyone has a great night!

Rod, yea for the 2nd interview!!! Sounds really promising. I like the idea of a 1/2 day so that you can really get a good glimps into how things really work.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick but intense workout tonight. I''m still sore from two nights ago, which was really my first big workout after my illness. Things that were easy six weeks ago were annoyingly hard, but I''ll get back there.

I woke up with some mild nasal drip/tickled throat this morning. But I''m at least in tune enough with my body to know it''s not that bacterial stuff, and it''s not flu or anything. It might be a minor cold, but most likely allergy-related (knock on wood).

OK, so run tomorrow (if I feel up to it) and weights on Sunday. That would be four workouts for this week, which was my goal. I''d like to be running more than once a week, but I''ve just got to take it one day at a time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner at the diner was nice. They make "THE" best homemade soups and tonight''s was cream of spinach and roasted garlic. It was absolutely fantastic. Then for my dinner, I just had to have the lobster and crab salad sandwhich again and I even had fries, but only ate maybe 1/3 of them. We didn''t have any dessert, and just stopped off at Sbucks and had a nice cup of coffee under the full moon. Charlie seems to be feeling a teensy bit better tonight, which is good. That''s about all I have to report. No workout tomorrow, but of course we''ll be in the gym Saturday and Sunday like normal.

SB, I''m sorry the meds they gave you at the dentist made you sick, but am glad it didn''t last long.

Steph, sorry about the cell phone. Charlie drowned one once. They don''t like water, that''s for sure. I''m glad you got a great deal on a new one! A burger and a smoothie don''t sound so strange for dinner. It actually sounds good!

I''m glad you had an intense workout tonight Phoenix. I hope you get to enjoy your run tomorrow.

Sleep well everyone!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone. The allergy patches are off, but it''s still really itchy. I had a few positive results, but I don''t know how seriously I''m going to take this whole thing. That''s a whole other thread.

Hi RoseRed! I don''t know much about fibromyalgia, but I''m glad to hear you''re finding ways to cope and that you''re still trying to stay active!

Haven, congrats on finishing your thesis! You were quite the busy bee. I think you already look amazing in your Melissa Sweet gown, but it''s good to see you around here anyway.

DD, woohoo for getting back into excercise. Glad you''ve recovered from sickness.

Hiya Marcy! It''s nice to know that the excercising is doing your joints some good! I didn''t know you were in an astronomy club...I saw the eclipse last night. It was a shock b/c usually in big cities it''s hard to see anything in the sky due to all the lights and tall buildings!

Hi Steph. Thank goodness that virus is on its way out! And somehow you were spared huh?

Apple, yes it is great to do something other than be on your butt all day! I used to be on my butt all day...it sucked. I feel so much better with excercise, but I''m the type who likes a good hardcore workout. Whatever gets my heart pumping! However, I think that since you are already on the elliptical or treadmill, you might as well kick it up a notch and work out that heart of yours! You''re already moving your legs and arms, if you move them a little harder your increasing your cardiovascular health, strengthening your heart and lungs. Iunno...that''s just my opinion.

Hooray for Julianna! You are going to beat that Treddy o'' Doom to a pulp. But then what will you do?

Hi Mara...glad you''re feeling better. First the flu, then this! When will it end? This post-viral arthritis sounds just awful. Since you got it this time, are you prone to future episodes?

Hi Lorelei! Sorry to hear weights were pants last night. But that happens. Just take a little breakkie.

Shiny, I only noticed your avatar now. Cute! I was looking for your red lipstick!

Rod, hooray for the interviews!

FI is needs this ''pooter now, so I have to sign off and watch a movie with him. Ciao for now!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, nevermind he''s on the phone. So now I can ask:

How does everyone do their squats? There are so many different variations...plie form (feet wide and turned out), feet straight ahead, feet turned out slightly out but only shoulder width apart, rolling on a swiss ball against your back up and down a wall, with weights, one legged, etc. What is your favorite and why?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
CJ~ I put up the kissy lips for V-day (because some people didn''t like my White Christmas hanging around...). So, before the avatar nazis got me again, I figured I better go to the next holiday!

I have blonde hair and green eyes so St Patty''s works well for me...
2.gif
(I''m Swedish, German and Irish)

Julianna~ Namaste! I''ve lived in a pepto bismol pink bedroom for TWO YEARS!! (carpet, walls, ceiling, woodwork) We rent so we can''t paint, but I figure black and white toile with black furniture should tame the room a bit. Actually, we got our first king size mattress two years ago and I only have sheets that fit it, never got around to buying pillows or a comforter and stuff.

We''re doing much better this evening, I''m over my "terrible mommy" phase. I figure I *should have* died at the hands of my folks, but I didn''t, so I guess I''m not doing that badly with JT.

Hi, every one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results