shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning WWTers!

Marcy, don''t thank me for repeating what''s been proved to be true! Sorry you have to go RV shopping today, but it sounds like you made a good tradeoff.

Skippy, your evening sounds like fun! Good for you for getting that early morning walk in. Italian brocolli is smaller than regular brocolli and it''s bitter; it has to be cooked a certain way or it can taste awful. It has to have a more technical name, but we buy it from this great Italian grocery store in Little Italy so that''s what I''ve taken to calling it.

Rod, sounds like you had another great Friday evening. It was nice to relax.

No clue what''s on the agenda today. I am feeling the urge to go do something. What is the question!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HH saved me from myself this morning, LOL! When I went digging around in the fridge for the left over deep dish pizza we brought home from last night I found that The Human Garbage Can had gotten to it first, so I took that as a sign and went for some yogurt. I did get a cup of coffee from Starbucks (whole milk, thank you very much!) on my way to get my client to sign off on a contract, but I contented myself with a banana rather than any pastries, and now I'm on my way to meet the fam at the zoo. We're having lunch at RJ Grunts, which is the original Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, and none of the choices there are particularly *good* but at least I've been OK this morning.

Happy Saturday all--will catch up more later!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 10:23:00 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 7/20/2007 11:14:38 PM
Author: Rod
DeeJay, I had to laugh again at what you''ve had the pleasure of eating. Sounds like you got locked in the candy store and the candy cases were open.......LOL Yumm on the deep dish pizza!

Skippy, the new 2007 BMW 3 series convertible is only available as a hardtop. The 2006 convertible was soft top. But I''m getting the newer hard top version. I orderd the 335I, which is the twin turbo 300 horse power and it will be a bright metallic blue (they call it Montego Blue) and a two tone leather interior of Camel and Black (should be a sharp combination!). I can check on the car as they give you access to their ordering system once the car is scheduled for production and my car has been built in Germany and is waiting to be processed, then loaded for the journey across the Atlantic and is supposed to be here around the 1st week in September. Just weeks away!

Glad you''re having a mellow night there Kimberly. With 5 workouts this week, you most certainly desserve a relaxing evening! Sounds like John made a terrific dinner as usual.

It''s sleepy time. You all have a peaceful night and I hope your dreams are pleasant too! (Do you remember your dreams?? I don''t, but Charlie does quite vividly, which makes me jealous as his dreams are sometimes so surreal)
That is one fine looking vehicle! But could you beat my 2001 Hundai Accent in a road race
9.gif

Have a great weekend everyone! It''s 70 degrees today and the humidity is gone.

And yes...I read these posts as often as I can..and yes..I''m still maintaining my exercise regime and healthy eating habits.

Keep on TRACKin everyone
35.gif
Hmmm.....I don''t rightly know, but are you asking if my car could outrun your car, or if I could could outrun your car on my roller-blades???!!!! LOL

Good to see you Jeff. Hope you''re doing great!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! sounds like everyone had a good friday...and is gearing up (or in the full swing of) a great saturday!!

it''s going to be warm here i think, about 92ish...so i am hoping that greg will get up soon so we can go do our hike before it starts to get too warm outside, i wanted to take up him this new trail i really like but it''s about 2.5 miles one way in the sun and if it''s too warm when we get there i won''t want to do it...i''ll end up going to the shaded trail we always do instead. which is fine too, but i really do want to show him this other trail at some point!!

DJ lol re the human garbage can, i think that is me in this household, unfortunately!! i *wish* greg got to things before i did...it would probably mean i''d always be 5 lbs thinner hahaha. my dad is like that, he always eats whatever he can find in their house, including goodies that my mom and sisters buy for themselves...and he''s a workout, running and cycling fiend so he is always thin regardless of whatever he eats. lucky! that place you are going to today sounds about as appealing as the local Claim Jumper place that these one pair of friends of ours are always so insistent on, yak!! i am really not a chain restaurant person at all...i can''t remember the last time we ate at one of those places, though i do like one or two things at chilis. i''d much rather have great authentic food in a dive somewhere.

so last nite came home, did my home workout in front of the TV watching my soaps...then we drove off into SF...on the way there we were talking some more about moving and it was funny, i was like oh my gosh if we move we will have to pack as much as we can in so that we feel like we ''do'' everything around here before we go. since we don''t really plan to return. and then last nite at the restaurant, which i personally love, it''s one of my fave places as it has a ton of cool SF ambiance (it''s an upscale beautiful glass and mahogany dinner room style cable car right on embarcadero with all sorts of interesting foods and they change their menu out quite often) and the food never disappoints....we were like oh this might be one of our last times here etc.

but the more we do talk about it the more we are sure we will move and sooner rather than later. i do try to be practical about things in general and the time has just come for us to do *something* different with ourselves and our lives. as most of you know we are not big on routine right now, and we are kind of bored with our life...bored with our place, this whole job and tech and entitlement scene, the materialism rampant here, the oneupsmanship, the nevergettingahead, the places we visit. sure we have a lot of fun too but overall we feel like we are kind of stagnant. and that''s no fun! we are young, priveleged enough to where we have CHOICES that many others don''t have, and we should take advantage of it. i have never lived elsewhere....the idea of moving somewhere and actually having to learn a whole new city or cities, experience a whole new way of life and weather patterns, and have to ''explore'' to find new places to visit, eat, etc is just so appealing to me, and greg loves doing that stuff too which is why he came out to CA in the first place 7 years ago. we talked like 4 years ago about just going out to NYC and living there for 1-2 years just to experience it before settling down, but we never did and we both kind of regret it. so i don''t want our apathy about change to basically keep us from doing what we are thinking about now and wake up in another 3-4 years to find we are still in the same rut and not really moving fwd or anything. sure having fun and doing the things we like is great, but there is more to life hehee.

lol skippy you just crack me up about me and kids....have you actually read my posts about children??? i typically do not like them (other people''s) as they are typically quite loud & ill-behaved...hehee. but i am sure ours will be angels. lol as if. we''ll have our work cut out for us i firmly believe, but i know we''d make great parents if we decide to do it. we did so well with portia haha. and yes mrs salvo, i would like to be a SAHM or at least have the option to do that, and maybe work part time or do contracting work or similar...but here it would be just too hard. we could probably make do but that''s not what i feel like we should have to do. like i told greg last nite, we both are accomplished enough where we should not have to sacrifice much to have a great lifestyle, a family and enjoy both. so i''d like for us to pursue that!!

i have been emailing with greg''s best man who lives in the area of PA we are considering and he actually went by a house we are looking at and scoped it out for us! it was really sweet. i told him ''you two will be our only real friends when we get out there so be prepared'' hehe. him and his wife have 3 of the best behaved and smartest boys i''ve ever come across...they are such a joy to be around and both the parents are really awesome people too. greg has known him since college and he met his wife shortly thereafter so the 3 of them have a lot of history together. also i have found one or two jobs that would fit me and also greg...so while it''s not the same as finding 30 jobs we are qualified for here in the bayarea, our industries are alive out there and we could probably find a company who would love to have us with our years of experience, i emailed one of the companies who had a job for me and they really wanted to talk to me but i told them i wasn''t looking right this minute.

anyway babbling now but yeah lots of mental changes for us. i honestly feel like this has been 1-2 years in the mental making for me. i am definitely thinking things through and not making decisions lightly at all. so we''ll see where the next 6-9 months takes us. if we do move, i''d like for it to be around spring of next year. so soon!

so ANYHOW, dinner last nite was fabulous at this place!! i typically get this amazing coconut mussel stew but i decided to be a rebel and try a few new things. we shared jalapeno cornbread with red pepper jelly, so yummy...and then shared the soup special which was this amazing pureed tomatillo and red pepper soup which was made with a little cream and lime juice as well, SO flavorful and really tasty. then i got the dungeness and mango crab salad which came with passionfruit vinaigrette (it was basically just a lot of lump fresh crab on some watercress with mango and macadamias...sooo good), and we shared the asiago truffle fries which are battered fries sprinkled with truffle oil and asiago shredded cheese, wow those were amazing. honestly the pile they brought out was insanely large and we ate 3/4 of it. so that was my big indulgence for the evening. next time i think i will tell them to just bring us 1/2 the order...it was WAY too many for us. by that point i was STUFFED so we just had coffees and chatted and then took a walk up and around the area of SF we were in for about 20 min then got back into the mini and drove home.

on the way back home, greg got pulled over and got a ticket!!!
39.gif
he was experiencing his typical mini-craziness which i am sure is because he doesn''t drive it that often, so he gets giddy and lightheaded when he does, and tends to speed a little too liberally...awwww well it is a sports car!! and the police officers were not having any new-car-loving sympathy unfortunately. so hopefully he can get traffic school as it''s been like 4-5 years since he got a ticket, poor greg. he was pretty bummed out. i tend to just sit there and giggle because i have been with him seemingly every time he has ever gotten a ticket, so he calls me bad-luck-ticket girl hahaha. so the mini has been ticket-devirginized..my poor car. the whole thing was kind of funny though, we were both kind of sad and giggly at the same time.

so this morning for breakfast had some TJ''s steel cut oatmeal with sf maple syrup and brown sugar...yummy! and then 1/2 a 0% fage with splenda and sprinkled with blueberries and 2 cutup strawberries. just the right blend of fiber and protein and carbs for this morning. hopefully it will power a nice hike in a bit. then i have a mani/pedi this afternoon and will pick up some tasty meatsises for our BBQ with the neighbors later. i was going to be all creative for sides and dessert but now i feel kind of lazy so i think i will just swing by WF and pick up a veggie side and maybe a fresh green salad already made so i don''t have to deal...and then i will probably cutup some potatoes and roast them in the oven with lemon juice and garlic and oregano til they are soft...so yummy. and for dessert i am still hemming and hawing, depends on what i can find at WF in the way of something like a small 4 serving chocolate torte to sprinkle with berries and cream...but if not then i might just get some vanilla bean gelato and cocoa cookies and do something simple with espresso.

hope everyone is having a great day...enjoy your time off!! we certainly will be hehee.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided to head up to Carlsbad for the afternoon/evening. I''ve never been there, aside from the flower fields, so it should be fun.

I didn''t workout today. I figured my 5 days in a row earned me a day off.

Mara, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction for you and Greg, that''s awesome. It''s such a tough decision to make. I keep rethinking the reasons a move to Chicago would be good for us, but I can''t seem to make them outweigh my desire to stay here in CA. Hopefully in the future I''ll be able to look back and know we made the best decision for us.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that was exciting.

Apparently about 10 feet from the restaurant my MIL tripped on a crack in the sidewalk, fell down, and knocked her front tooth out right before I got there to meet them. My HH took her and my FIL to the hospital and I ended up having lunch with my SIL and her kids. Once all the hysteria died down I felt entitled to some chicken fingers and french fries. And a beer. OK... two beers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 3:50:24 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well that was exciting.

Apparently about 10 feet from the restaurant my MIL tripped on a crack in the sidewalk, fell down, and knocked her front tooth out right before I got there to meet them. My HH took her and my FIL to the hospital and I ended up having lunch with my SIL and her kids. Once all the hysteria died down I felt entitled to some chicken fingers and french fries. And a beer. OK... two beers.
Struth! I think you were entitled to some chickie fingers, beer and chips, in fact, you deserve them Dee. Round off with a nice piece of carrot cake????
41.gif
Forgot to put I hope your MIL is comfortable and will be ok.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 3:50:24 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well that was exciting.

HI:

How distressing (not about the two beers, I mean
2.gif
LOL) --hope your MIL is going to be OK!!!

cheers--Sharon

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I haven''t checked in since Thursday - just finished reading everything!!!

I had my 2 mile race this morning - it was really fun. I finished in 22 minutes, so I was actually happy with my time! Of course I was the last out of our group - fastest was my friend at 15:50, one at 16:00. fi at 16:30, bff 18:30, her dad 19:57, my dad 21:42 and me at an even 22 minutes. There was a party afterwards with free beer, but it was so crowded. I had one beer, but it sure was strange drinking at 10:15 in the morning! My parents took us to lunch and Italian Ice and now we are home. The beach looked enticing today, but we are going out tonight with friends so we wanted some time at home this weekend!

My hamstring is yet again acting up
14.gif
, but I just have to deal I believe. It''s feeling a lot better right now I stretched a lot and have my fi pushing it to stretch further! The weather is so beautiful today, truly a perfect day. I am so happy with the summer we are having this year - it is just wonderful! This is what it must be like to live in California!!!

So of course now that I''ve done decently in a race, I''ve convinced myself it''s ok to sign up for 2 more....I am going to run in one on August 5th which is a 5K and then another around Thanksgiving which is a 5 mile. *sigh* Running really is addicting!

Dee - I have to say you are having the most eventful family visit - your poor MIL. First the dog, then she trips!!! I think your food indulgences are well deserved!

Everyone else sounds like they are doing great. PG - glad to hear you are enjoying your vaca! Skippy - funny how your knee feels better now and you didn''t even make it to the physical therapist - that kind of stuff always happens to me!!

Well, I''m going to start getting dressed and see what my fi is up to! Have a great Saturday all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!!

yeah kimberly...my desire to stay in CA has outweighed everything for us for a long time. but i find that the older i get, the less important it is becoming. i look around and think okay why do i REALLY want to be here? the weather to me has not been great for a long time, winters get colder and colder...my family is here sure which is huge for us but that means i have never lived away from them so who knows who i could become if i was TRULY out on my own with greg? we have never experienced that. i think i end up just wanting to be here because this is really all i have ever known. it''s kind of exciting mentally to be able to get past some of these mental blocks i have had for so long. and being out in NC and then visiting around the EC last time really showed me gosh there are so many fabulous places we could check out. we LOVED NC and while we wouldn''t move there because greg''s dad is too far away and he''d be our closest fam...it really is a beautiful place. also greg and i both would love to end up with a bunch of land somewhere where i could spend hours toiling away in my multi-acre garden and he could hide various vehicles around our property to work on whenever he wants. so we know when we are older and looking at retirement, what won''t appeal to us is a $2m home on a small piece of land here in CA just to be ''in california'' or whatever. by then we''ll probably want to move to palm springs or something for the heat!

anyway i do remember how torn you guys were about moving and all that and that has been my mental state for a few years leading up to this. but lately i don''t know, i just had some sort of epiphany about my internal strength and knowledge that i don''t have to be HERE to be happy. and i am really excited about our life together elsewhere as well, what an experience it will be!

we actually also considered san diego as a place to go as it''s cheaper than here, but not by much and honestly it''s not that much different. we''d still be in the tech rat race over there even though it''s smaller and still not as well off as we will be by moving elsewhere. so we figure if we are going to move and change it up, we might as well ''make it count'' hehee. and we don''t have to stay away forever or stay where we go forever. that''s another exciting thing for me, i know that if we move and i love being in a new place, then i''ll be that much more apt to know i can do it again if we want to later as well.

anyhow...we went off for our walk...it is pretty warm today and was warmer while we were out there...i was having a hard time, not sure if i didn''t drink enough this morning or eat enough but i was feeling it for sure. on the big hill we do, it''s a straight mile of twisty turning climbs up a mountain...i was dying, my calves were KILLING me as in i felt like they were tearing away from my leg every step i took. i think i need to be better about stretching them. i stopped 1/2way up and stretched them, then just powered the rest of the way up. i was so happy when we got to the top. then we came back down mostly downhill with another mile or so of ups and downs but that was easy compared to the big hill. in all we did about 5.7ish miles if not a bit more...then we went to TJ''s and Whole Foods to get goodies for dinner tonite and for my salad tomorrow.

i had a balance bar at TJ''s to survive til we got home, then here i made a toasted pita with egg white salad from TJ''s for me and a toasted pita with TJ''s bbq chicken and cheese for greg, and we had mini carrot baggies as well with lots of water.

now i am about to head out for a much needed mani/pedi (and they massage your legs and feet so i am going to tell them to work my calves!!) and then pick up the meat for the BBQ on my way home...then we''ll hang out with our neighbors and relax this evening! for dessert we got the TJ''s raspberry linzer tart, i have been wanting to try one for a while and was checking out the desserts and greg liked that one. i also got a Laraloo frozen yogurt pint in double chocolate to try (supposedly made with goats milk so it''s better for lactose intolerant people?) and a soy decadence in chocolate hazelnut pint as well to try...i couldn''t find my fave gelato this time. and i got a bunch of fresh berries too so i can top the tart.

hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous warm day..lol dani re living in california. here i am thinking ''lets go'' and everyone always thinks it''s so fabulous here!! don''t get me wrong, i do love it, it''s my home...but i like the idea of trying something new so that when i am old and gray i don''t have to wonder what i missed out on hehee. and kudos re: your race...i hear ya about wanting to do more of them after finishing one! kimberly have a great dinner and evening in carlsbad! DJ sorry to hear about the continuing events of the family visit, lol re the food and beer!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Good break day . . . went in the ocean for just a bit, then played a great 10 inning wiffle ball game with our friends. The wife played softball and coaches it, so she was mean competition, but we pulled out a 20 to 18 win in the 10th inning. DH said my legs looked muscular while I was batting.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy saturday all...

I got up at 5:45 to do the magic mountain hike with my girlfriends. It takes about an hour and then we hit starbucks and just sit outside and chat. I let zoe sit with us so she can visit all the other dogs that pass by. After i got home, i packed a lunch and loaded the family in the van and went to the pool for the afternoon. it was beautiful here today, around 85 and after all of the high 90''s lately almost felt chilly when swimming
37.gif
..I made chicken salads for dinner and then we went on a short family walk around the neighborhood. all in all a really nice day..

deejay, i hope your mIL is ok. Last year when my MIL came to visit she tripped getting out of her car and hit her month on our front steps leading up to the walkway. I felt so awful about the whole thing. i hope the lunch and beers helped you to feel better and i bet some wine for you MIL will help her feel better too, if she''s a wine drinker..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I dropped a little more weight so now I’m in to 112 pounds lost. Yippee! I did use a knife this morning. I was cutting a grapefruit in ½ and once I realized I was holding something with the left hand and cutting with the right hand; I quit and simply didn’t hold on to the grapefruit. I am delighted to report I was able to get my grapefruit out without incidence.
Everyone will be glad to know I approached looking at trailers today as a chance to get in some exercise. I got out and walked around looking at ALL of the trailers that my husband looked it. It was over 100 degrees down there too so I am sure I burned off some calories. Then we went to look at a few jewelry stores, a couple of department stores then came home. After supper we went to the mall here and had some TCBY. It was a nice treat to end a hot day.
PhoenixGirl, I am so glad you are enjoying your vacation. I’m glad you got in some of your exercises and are enjoying the beach. Have fun!
Skippy, thanks and I did have a great day. I’m glad you had a nice walk with your cousin this morning and have fun plans for this evening.
ModifiedBrilliant, I am glad to hear you are maintaining your healthy habits. Keep up the good work.
Kimberly, I did make a good trade off for today. I bought a garnet bracelet that matches the ring I got a few weeks ago. Garnets are so much more affordable than sapphires. Yeah! I hope you had a great time at Carlsbad today.
DeeJay, LOL that your mission to eat pizza for breakfast was derailed by the human garbage can. I’ve got one of those too. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she is doing okay. Your Oscar story must have worked in to my dreams last night; I had a dream that my finger hurt because a dog bit it. Strange!
Mara, it sounds like you and Greg are leaning towards moving. I am sure it is exciting and a little scary for you. My husband has had his share of speeding tickets. He likes to drive fast. His boss likes to tell a story of riding with him to the corporate office in Denver – she says when they were going around the off and on ramps she could feel her cheeks being pressed back.
Danielle, I am glad you had such a great time on your run this morning. Sorry to hear your hamstring is still acting up.
Mrssalvo, your morning hike sounds wonderful. I am sorry to hear about your MIL too. I hope she didn’t get hurt too bad.
Rod, when you get your new car; you''ll have to see how fast it goes, right? That''s always fun.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
36.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!!! Going hiking now at 8 friends (and Mrs S)! Trying out the new hiking boots FINALLY! Horray!

I will report back a little later and read the last comments posted last night. Off to my hike.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Mara, you and I face some different and some similar issues about moving. My family is spread across the state, so leaving here wouldn't feel like a declaration of independence to me, I've lived away from them on and off since I was 18 and we will probably never live in the same city again. John's family is all deceased so it's just us chickens down here. We live in your ideal place home-wise and will be doing the reverse of what you are by moving (whether we had ended up in Chicago or where we're currently looking in San Diego). And coming back wouldn't be an option for us, once we got settled and John relocated his business in Chicago it would have to be home for good. I'm a bit envious of your flexibility, not having it comes with the territory of owning/running one's own business (or being married to someone who does). I would love to be able to test the waters a bit, but the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach while we were looking for houses in March was quite telling. Your enthusiasm for moving is evident and not something I felt, at all! I feel terribly for John as he was ready to go.

Marcy your garnet pieces sound beautiful! Are you going to post pictures of them?

Skippy, enjoy your hike!

DeeJay, sounds like quite an adventurous weekend you're having! The beers were well deserved!

So we spent the day wandering around Carlsbad and I feel in love with a 2.61 ct stone at a consignment/antique shop. I wish I'd had the guts to ask to see it. We did a bit of shopping, I got two adorable new dresses, lots of f un! We had Fidels for dinner, it was so delicious. I ate too much and ended up sick to my stomach last night. I can't remember the last time I did that! I had a chimichunga, rice and beans and we had some ice cream after dinner.

Today is an exercise day, and we'll probably just hang out, BBQ, the usual.

Have a great morning all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank god this weekend is over (from a family standpoint anyway; they are all on their way back to the airport right now). Oscar peed on the floor again last night when my MIL tried to pet him. Great. Whatever. I don't even pretend to understand what goes on in those little doggy brains of theirs.

I just went to the gym for the first time in 17 days. All I did was some arm machines (that's my new mission, in addition to dropping another 20 lbs, LOL, to get better arms) and the treadmill for 30 minutes (170 measly calories... ). I *think* I'm OK, but it's amazing how you can focus so absolutely on one tiny part of your body. I was SO aware of every contraction of my thigh muscle with each step. I really wanted to go for a full hour but I figured I better not. Maybe I'll do it again on Tuesday if it feels OK, then then I get my stitches out on Thursday so I'm really praying they "release" me back to my regular workouts!!

Nothing to eat yet today, but I'm going to be uber good now that there is no reason to be bad, ha ha. And the HH is making pheasant for dinner. One of the guys he works with went hunting and gave us some of what he got, so this should be interesting. (I will stash some extra fiber one bars upstairs by the bed just in case--no need to tell the HH I said that!)

That's all I've got to report at this point. I have an open house from 1 to 3, and after that I plan on doing NOTHING for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, DeeJay, your family visit sure has been action packed! So sorry about MIL's tooth, but sounds like you had fun with SIL. Yesterday we were heading to a sandwich shop at the mall and right in front of me, these four ladies (who seemed to be sisters) were with their elderly mother and the mother got her foot stuck on something and she fell on the hard concrete right in front of me. She's a rather large woman too, so it was obvisous she could not get back up on her own, so I had to literally pick her up by myself as none of the daughters seemed to offer a hand at all. Good thing I work out as she was a heavy object to get off the ground. LOL. Fortunately, she was OK.

I know how hard it is to decide whether to go or stay Mara, and I'm sure you and Greg will do what's right for you, but guess what? If you go and don't like it, you can always come back. We've done that twice now. We moved to FL in 1987, only to land in KY in 1992 for three years. I hated the weather and missed my life in Florida, so we came back in 1995 and you know what we've recently been through. So, nothing has to be forever, and if you go to PA and you're not happy, you can go someplace else. At least, Ive finally figured out where I want to be and at this time, I'm not just not willing to relocate again.

Yay on your two mile race Danielle!! I'm hoping to do my first 5K next February!

I'll check in later as we're getting ready to head out. We had really strong workouts yesterday, then met our friends for dinner at the restaurant we had wanted to try for so long. Funny, that they invited us out, but forgot the make reservations, so we could either at the bar, or go someplace else. We opted for the bar, which turned out to be a lot of fun and this place was just utterly fantastic. It's also utterly fabulously expensive too and the bill (which did include a couple bottles of wine) came in at over $300 for the four of us. We had dim sum, not really Chinese dim sum, but they call their small dishes dim sum, as appetizers then we had the best clam chowder I've EVER had in my life, then we shared like 4 different sharing plates for dinner. We had such a fantastic time and every dish was just beautifully presented and the food was to die for. Mara, I actually thought of you and Greg when we were eating and thinking that you in particular would have loved this place. Then, instead of having fattening desserts, we decided to stroll up the street to our Yogurt place and have a CaliYogurt treat instead. Finally, since they hadn't seen our condo since we had moved in, we came back to our place and wound up watching a High Def movie and they didn't leave until after midnight. That's late for us, but we had a wonderful evening. They're a wonderful couple and they have two incredibly well behaved children.

We slept in this morning, and had our regular fruit and scone on the terrace, It's cooler today, so that's a bonus. It may not even hit 90, which is kind of unusual for late July. We'll be hitting the gym after a quck snack and coffee, then we have to figure out what to cook for dinner.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my hike.
9.gif
We hiked for 1 hr and 30 mins. We are now sore. Walking down I tried to let some people pass but I fell and took an embarrassing spill.
32.gif
It was good overall and I wasn''t hurt. It was pretty cool which is unusual since it was actually cloudy on the mountain so it made it easier for us to hike further then we have in the past.

I did not end up using my hiking boots because with the wool socks it made them too tight. I will exchange them later.

Mara, sounds like you had a good workout! Gosh, I am sorry about the ticket Greg got for speeding.
14.gif

DeeJay, yikes about your MIL. Wow, scary! I would have had two beers too!!! I hope she is okay and they have a safe trip home. Great job on the workout today. Yay, for no more peeing Oscar or until guests visit again. hehhe

Yay for your race Danielle!!! I hope your hamstring heals.

Mrs. S sounds like a nice hike and fun hanging out at starbucks w/your friend and Zoe! Nice, getting the fam involved in a walk!!

Marcy, kudos on more weight loss. Gosh, it is hot! We no longer have a local TCBY and the reason I found out was because I was craving it last night and the sign was gone.
15.gif
I love that you check into my Who''s who, you are too cute and it is always fun finding a message from you there
12.gif

Kimberly, sounds like you had a great trip to Carlsbad; sounds like the shopping was great too! Wow, 2.61 bling!!! Have a great workout today!

Rod, you are a sweetheart. Gosh, I wonder why the daughters didn''t help; what weirdos!!! Wow, that is an expensive dinner! Enjoy your day off
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Got in a great workout this morning, YAY! That''s 6 days this week, it''s a first for me!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoooooo hooooooo Kimberly
emotion-19.gif
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
It looks like everyone must be out enjoying their last day of the weekend; there aren’t a ton of posts to go through. I am absolutely STUFFED. I decided to make lasagna today and 1/12 of the pan was 331 calories so that’s what I ate. We had a tossed salad with veggies and I had a small piece of lightly buttered bread. It was too much to eat at once for my shrunken stomach. It was good though. I bought fat free cottage cheese instead of goat’s cheese and 93% lean hamburger but everything else was normal ingredients. We have lunch for a few days now too. I don’t think I’ll finish my nice little 1/12th portion though or I’ll get sleepy after lunch.
I think I’ve done all the walking I’m going to do this weekend. Yesterday I stood in line at the post office, cleaned the house. In the afternoon we walked around 4 trailer dealers (big lots and through about 15 trailers). Then we went to the outlet mall and walked around for a couple of hours. Last night we walked around our mall for about an hour. Today I went to the grocery store twice, made lasagna and picked all the dead flowers off my pots. I don’t plan on doing much else today; I’m pretty sore. But the good news is – all of this would have KILLED me a year ago. I keep hearing the Thunderbirds flying overhead though and keep hurrying outside to see them. So far they are mostly teasing me; they move so fast by the time I’m outside they are long gone.
Kimberly, sorry to hear you are in turmoil over moving. I hope things work out the way you want. I think after you get somewhere; you’ll probably like it more than you think. I will post pictures of my garnet bracelet with my ring picture; the ring is posted here. What kind of stone did you see in the consignment / antique shop? I am glad you got some new dresses. That is great that you’ve worked out for 6 days now.
DeeJay, good luck on your new mission. I’m glad to hear you went to the gym and that you are getting your stitches out soon. LOL that Oscar put on another show for your MIL.
Rod, I bet you are that lady’s hero. I am glad she wasn’t hurt but what a great guy you are to help her up. You dinner at the bar and spending time with some friends sounds like a marvelous time. That’s a great way to spend a Saturday evening.
Skippy, I am so sorry to hear you fell. I am glad you are okay. I like TCBY waffle cones with the choc / vanilla mix. The medium cone was just right for me. I’m glad you like to find messages from me on your Who’s Who; I like to go read your''s, Mara''s and Kimberly''s.
Well, have a great day.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I too love reading Mara's and Kimberly's thread. hehehe
Wow, your lasagna sounds yummy! Sounds like you did a lot of walking, kudos. Did you find any RV's you like? You are so lucky to be able to go to Yellowstone since it is in your state! Do you visit often? I have always wanted to see the Grand Teton's my hubby went 2 years ago and said it is so beautiful out there!
30.gif

Mara,

I found the shredded chicken from TJ's; it is pretty good so we are going to eat the rest for dinner.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, we did find a really nice RV we both liked; it was loaded with extra goodies. My favorite part was a kitchen island - counter space in a RV; that''s pretty cool compared to the tiny counter space I have in our current RV. I have been to Yellowstone and the Tetons many times. It is absolutely gorgeous; I would recommend a visit there sometime. My husband went for the first time about 6 years ago; we drove through the park going to Montana and on the way back so we got to see a lot of it. Another regional favorite is Garden of the Gods near Colorado Springs. I think I saw where you mentioned going there before though.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Skippy, I''m so sorry to see that you fell down, but am really glad you didn''t hurt yourself. Sounds like the hike was fun though!

Yay for 6 workouts in one week Kimberly!!! We used to do six a week, but that got to be too much, so we do five as you know and Charlie''s beginning to grumble about that many. But then we see our bodies and realize how much we''ve changed and we realize we''d feel guilty if we didn''t work out. Plus, we''re scared that if we cut back now that our bodies have become accustomed to the level of workouts we do, we''d start to gain weight. See, fear is a great motivator!!

Your lasagna sounded wonderful Marcy. I''m still not comfortable having pasta dishes. I used to eat a LOT of pasta and pizza and I pretty much cut it out of my diet when I started to lose weight and then once I lost what I wanted to lose, I was and am afraid to reintroduce it back into my diet (with the exception of Lean Cuisines Spaghetti and Meatball frozen dinner, with like 230 calories and is actually quite tasty).

As I mentioned earlier, we had a nice little lunch at Panera (I need to buy stock in Panera and Starbucks for sure). I had the new Portobello Mushroom Bisque, which is just terrific and 1/2 a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread (sometimes PB&J can be such a comfort), plus some chips to give me a few extra carbs to fuel my workout. Then we hit the gym and as I usually do on Sunday''s, I worked out extra hard because tomorrow''s a day of rest. We really mixed it up today and threw in extra free weights, but the thing that was so exciting for me and Charlie was we haven''t done free weight bench presses for a while and today we did three sets of 150 pounds 12 reps each and we did them better than we''ve ever done them before. It''s things like that keep us coming back to the gym. A year ago, we couldn''t have done anything like that, so it''s exciting to see how much progress we can make over time.

For dinner we had grilled filets, fresh salads and some silver queen corn. As long as there''s fresh silver queen corn available, it''s an indulgence we''ll continue to enjoy until the season is over (usually about September). Then it was just a beautiful evening, so we put the top down on the SLK and headed to Starbucks for after dinner coffee and then came home and took a nice long soak in the spa, followed by a nice relaxing swim in the pool. Now, we''ll just relax with kitties in our laps and wish the weekend wasn''t over so quickly.

I guess a lot of you are out enjoying your Sunday as there aren''t too many posts today. At least I hope you guys are having some fun.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Greetings WWTers! What a glorious weekend it''s been here in Chicago! I could not get outside enough!!!

Yesterday, I was going through my day planner and came across some body measurements I took about 2 months ago...and despite my Stay-Puf feeling, I pulled out the ol'' measuring tape. A whole inch OFF my big ol'' hips. Which made my jaw drop. My hips, I thought, were immobile. Ha! My clothes are fitting better, and I am now firmly planted in my size 4 stuff, rather than stuffing myself into a size 4 (I was a size 6 in some serious denial with some of my stuff. Yes. I was that girl)! I now just want to work on being less "juicy" and more firm. Whoo!

Yesterday, I did the last day of my Yoga Booty Go-Go tape (I do one tape a week, then switch). It will now be about 8 weeks until DH and the puppy can be amused by my funky chicken. We walked the dog a lot yesterday, probably about three miles total. It was just so beautiful out! We grilled some chicken and some veggies. I avoided the beer, but did have a Diet Coke, which I am so trying to cut down on.

Today, I Bowflexed my upper body (which sounds like a Slasher Film preview) and DH and I walked around a nearby Garden Walk (where a bunch of people in a neighborhood open up their gardens to public viewing)...it''s just a nice way to walk around and admire people''s handiwork. I had 1/2 of a pulled pork sandwich -- it was a small size to begin with, and just not very good. We walked for about an hour, got some color, and came home. I worked on curriculum (the Tao of Pooh! I get to teach it!) and made some penne with sundried tomatoes and some parm, a BEAUTIFUL salad using that Salad Pizzazz stuff (I love that!) and a glass (small) of red wine.

I planned the dinner menus for the next few days, and am glad to see how healthy we''ll be eating.

DeeJay, your weekend was just tragi-comedic. I hope this weekend does NOT make it into your MIL''s Holiday Newsletter. Unless she has an awesome sense of humor, in which case, it should be in YOUR Holiday Newsletter!

Mara -- It''s so great that you and Greg are so in tune with what is best for you, both physically and life-experience wise. It seems that you both make the effort to lead your best lives, which is very cool and inspirational!

Danielle -- congrats on the race. I''ve always wanted to run...it seems so great. Except for the running part (for me.) All kidding aside, that''s so awesome that you signed up for two more! Way to go!

Marcy -- awesome job cutting the grapefruit! You have the best attitude about things. I love reading your posts!

Skippy -- I''m glad your stumble was minor. I don''t hike specifically because I tend to fall down a lot. DH got me hiking in Hawaii along a rather slippery and narrow trail. Of course, I only biffed when other people were around. And DH has lots of pictures of me, of my a** with mud on it, and my sitting on my a** in mud. He always threatens to show those when company comes over. Anyway, back to you --

Kimberly -- Rock ON with your six-day-a-week-working-out self!!!

Rod -- WHOO HOO on the free weights! That must have been SO motivating! I''m so happy for you!

Ok guys, I''m just way too happy tonight, so I''m going to go skip around the block or find a unicorn or something.

XO

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for brightening our evening with your museful writing Jas!! I hope you find that unicorn and become a gazillionaire!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, the lasagna was good. On weekends we usually eat only 2 meals a day so I feel I can eat foods that have a higher caloric content for a meal. We also had a root beer float tonight. I probably shouldn’t eat normal food as much as I do; but cooking for my husband makes that hard. I guess as long as it’s working for me, I won’t worry about it. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Yes, fear is a great motivator. It sounds liked you guys kicked butt on lifting weights today. All right!
Jas, congratulations on loosing an inch on your hips. Yeah!
36.gif
I swear my hips are the last place on me that budges. Thank you so much for your kind words about my posts. Your posts usually put a smile on my face. So there are some photos of you out there in a mud puddle, huh? I’m sure your DH has fun holding those gems over your head. I swear if there is something to trip on, I’ll find it. If there is a hole to step in; I’m in it and of course if there is a finger to cut, I’ll do it. I have bruises all over me that I have absolutely no idea where they came from. LOL. On the good side, I am getting better at washing my hands and keeping my one finger dry. See, I’ve developed new skills being a 9 finger.
1.gif

Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, yay on the inch!!! I lose it in my butt last; 1st in my bust. booo whoo
2.gif
Falling down while there are people around to see you is no fun. Glad you can laugh; hubby and I laughed about it in the car on the way home. hehehe

Rod, I love fish, you lucky duck!

Marcy, did you find any RV''s you liked?

Have a wonderful evening all!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! lol jas...your writing style is so awesome. i love the part about me being inspirational, esp as i sit here reading, with a pint of chocolate hazelnut organic soy frozen yogurt...hey only 120 cals per serving so the whole pint is only 480...but actually it was only 3/4 full when i started. woo hoo, 3/4 of a pint of creamy goodness for the calories of a small cheeseburger. no brainer. oh and on your hips losing, that is awesome, that was my last place to lose...and they just kept getting smaller. i was so jazzed. BUT since then they gained back again a bit. i got 1.5 inches back on my hips. so bummed...but greg says i look curvier and he didn't marry a 'stick figure' so i guess that's an okay thing. but darn miss those uber-tiny hips for sure..i had no idea my hips could be that small. guess my body felt the same way...!!

had a great day today...and last nite too, i can't remember if i checked in last nite but i don't think i did though i did read. anyway, the bbq was fantastical, the meat at this place was just flat out DIVINE. we had bbq'd marinated tri tip, frankfurters and ukranian sausages, all of which were sooo good on the grill. this place makes all their own sausages too and while i am not the world's biggest hot dog person, i really love these...bun or no bun!! we also had WholeFoods Greek Salad with Feta which was yummy, and i made lemon roasted garlic potatoes in the oven. for dessert we had the raspberry linzer tart from TJ's with berries and soy frozen yogurt in various flavors.

then this morning i made us veggie sausages, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and cheese (egg whites only for me) and optimum power waffles with smart balance and syrup (ff for me). yummy. and coffee of course. then i went for a 4m walk in 1 hour which was awesome...worked out my sore legs a bit and got them a bit more sore in areas which is okay. came home, prepped some stuff and made a salad and then showered and we headed off to my parents house for a family bbq...which was a lot of fun. my cousin is pregnant with the first great grandchild...so it's a big deal as she is almost 5 months and this is the first time we have managed to all get together. we had a huge spread of food what with everyone bringing things, i made a fresh green salad with edamame, black olives, cherry tomatoes, feta, and shredded carrots and used TJs FF dressing, yummy...and also brought Whole Foods green beans with portabello mushrooms. My Mom had roasted lavendar chicken breasts and a bunch of meats i didn't even look at... (my mom tends to REALLY overcook steaks so i never eat them when we go to their house, i eat chicken or whatever else they have)..and some salmon sausages from whole foods...grandma made some awesome spicy sausage enchiladas, and then there was spanish rice, pinto beans, shrimp pasta salad, grilled herb corn, a fruit salad, toasted bread with butter and a few other things i don't remember probably because i didn't eat them. i had a bit of chicken breast, a corn, a bit of the salad, the pinto beans, the rice...and a taste of the sausage which i did not like so fed it to greg..and a piece of bread. i was so lucky that everyone else devoured the bread so i saved myself from breadoverconsumption...easy to do at my mom's as i love the bread she gets. then for dessert we had cheesecake with berries and a mocha torte from this local patisserie my mom loves. i had a small slice of each.

then we hung out for a while chatting and then came home...greg is working on his resume now (ha ha i love the motivation!!) and i managed to get my work VPN to finally work so i can check email on my biz trip...and now since it's been a few hours and it's hot...i am eating some fro yo from the pint lol. this might be my dinner!! or at least, dessert first. if we do eat dinner, it'll be leftovers that we brought home from the bbq. and i brought some extra for greg since he'll be on his own for the next few evenings.

i also would like for us to get out for a 2m walk around the neighborhoods too since it's a nice relaxing sunday night and i won't be with greg and portia for the next few evenings. tomorrow is busy...i am only doing 1/2 day at the office so that i can come home and finish getting things ready for travel. but my morning is packed with meetings.

skip sorry to hear that you fell..i am pretty clumsy so i always am amazed i haven't taken a dive on the trails yet, i am sure it'll come at some point!!! DJ glad to hear the fam visit is over with minimal damage hehe. hope your MIL heals quickly. rod sounds like you guys had a great weekend, your dinner last nite sounds really yummy and yeah we'd probably love it there!! kimberly i hear you on the moving vs not...the one thing i will say is that you never know...a few years ago i never would have felt this open minded about moving and even a year ago nope. time can definitely change a few things and chicago will always be there just in case. marcy kudos on more weight lost, you are a weight losing powerhouse,send some of that over here...hehe. mrs salvo kudos on a good morning hike...yay. i am totally going to miss working out and hiking the next few days while traveling but i plan to at least hit the hotel gym once or twice and if not, definitely do some extra walking and/or do a morning workout or two in front of the TV in my hotel room. i will somehow get some exercise in for sure...!!

oh and marcy i think it's great you manage to eat normal food and still lose weight, to me that is the way to do it. when people lose weight in ways that are not sustainable long term, it makes it easier for you to put the weight back on. so the fact you can eat burgers and lasagna and still reach your goals is AWESOME!! that means when you finally hit your goal you can still enjoy your 1/12 lasagna and not even blink an eye. that is why a lot of those diets where they plan your meals or make you eat things over and over the same all the time seem to not work in my opinion, you have to try to take something that you WOULD normally eat and make it more healthy lifestyle friendly which you do. also if you like lasagna, check out my lasagna recipe on the healthy recipe thread, a bunch of WWTers have tried it and loved it. it's a winter food for us but i can't wait to make it again!!

anyway hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...they SERIOUSLY are too short. i am tired of them flat out just flying by, unfair!!! have a great night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, we did find an RV we liked. We aren't planning on buying one until spring though.

Mara, thank you for the encouraging words about my weight loss. I am sending you some weight loss vibes right now, do you feel thinner?
1.gif
It sounds like your BBQ was wonderful with your family. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I agree that eating normal, everyday food with portion control is a good way to go (for me anyway). I think that is why I have not ever felt deprived or had a pitty party about dieting because I eat exactly what I want to eat, and just figure out how many calories it contains. I think (and hope) that will make maintaining my weight loss less of a struggle for me; I'll just have to figure out how many calories I can eat to maintain my weight and go from there. Of course, I have a ways to go before I need to worry about that. I did think of making your lasagna recipe but forgot to print it out. I used the recipe on the box, it was a spur of the moment decision when I was thinking what should I cook for dinner today and I was standing in the pasta isle.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results