shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Jan till 21st Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/21/2007 11:42:46 AM
Author: Rod

Date: 1/21/2007 3:32:09 AM
Author: crown1
hey rod!

i usually lurk on this thread and enjoy reading your cheery posts. you often mention your love of fine dining and i know someone, who will be in raleigh in the near future, and she is looking for a nice restaurant to have dinner with her fiance.

names and locations would be nice since she is unfamiliar with the town. if you know of some places that fit the bill it would be much appreciated. thanks!
1.gif
Hey Crown........If your friend and FI are looking for a really fantastic restaurant (also $$$$), I can not recommend Second Empire enough. It''s on Jones Street off Glenwood Avenue downtown. It''s an exceptional restaurant. If they''re into steaks, they could go to Sullivans on Glenwood Avenue. It''s elegant (kind of like a Ruths Chris or Mortons) and they superior beef and seafood. If it''s Sushi they want, they shoudl head to Mura, at North Hills (really cool atmosphere and the best Sushi in town - it''s we go every Friday night). Also at North Hills is 510 Midtown Grill (quite nice and more reasonably priced). In the Five Points Area, they should consider Bloomsbury Grill, or Nofo (where we dined last night). Nofo is trendy, hip great food and very reasonably priced. I just realized I''m commenting on all these restaurants and we''ve only lived here less than 2 months. People in my office laugh that we''ve explored more dining options in our short tenure here than they''ve been to in multiple years......LOL I may be all about fitness, but I''m also all about good food!!!

I hope this helps. If you need additional info, please let me know!!

Rod
Ok...anyone want to go on a field trip to Raleigh? We could talk about diamonds and jewelry while pigging out!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi rod!

thanks sooooo much. the recommendations you offered sound great. i really appreciate you making the effort to help out. you make raleigh sound like a great place to be. you need to get a second job with the chamber of commerce promoting the area. thanks again!

crown1
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow everyone sounds like they had a wonderful day yesterday!! we actually went to a wedding in SF fairly early and did not get home til almost 1am so we were gone all day! the wedding was amazing though, definitely a high cost wedding but everything was just so cool and done so well. and the FOOD! i actually was very good up until we left since i knew we''d be oinking out all day over there....they started with placed apps which were sushi and these interesting bread caraway balls with some sort of pureed bisque you drank out of a shot glass. so we ate some sushi and the balls. then later they brought passed apps wwhich were stuffed mushrooms and some sort of spiced duck in a small wonton. so we ate a few of those. then the dinner was a 5 course meal! yikes, we were already almost full from the apps. ahi tuna for starter, then a butternut squash bisque, then a goat cheese salad, then your entree (which i couldn''t recall what i got but they gave me the filet so i ate it) and then dessert was these mini ice cream sundaes out in the entry along with coffee and then wedding cake! lets just say we practically had to roll out of here. oh and i can''t forget the bread which was plentiful and in diff types, aka wheat nut then a fabulous olive bread that i ate like 4 pieces of...hahaa. and sourdough. so i totally blew my day out of the water but i figured i would so all day all i ate was 2 waffles for breakfast, then steel cut oatmeal and a 90 cal granola bar before the wedding.

so anyhow, today we are having oatmeal pancakes for breakfast...yum. with egg whites, lowfat buttermilk and sugar free syrup..hehe. oh and i am using the butter spray more and more for things like this and it saves me like 50 cals each morning and about 5g of fat, which typically wouldn''t matter but now that i am not working out, i don''t need as much fat in my diet. today we''ll probably snack on the leftover chili...and then we''re having dinner at this awesome fave place with some friends, i typically get the cornbread to share, the grilled artichoke, their ahi tuna burger (to die for) with this yummy peanut asian slaw...and then their oreo cookie dessert which is all homemade. DIVINE. so another heavy meal for dinner so again today til dinner we''ll be light.

on a not so positive note, my stomach is totally acting up again. i couldn''t even really dance at the wedding more than a song or two (so sad since we love to dance at weddings and they had an amazing 80''s cover band!) and while i slept great last nite, it''s still sore this morning. ugh!! so probably no gym for me...i really need for this to get better as it''s starting to drive me insane to have intermittent burning pains in my stomach and under my ribs and stuff. stupid body! i treat you well and you do this to me! seriously frustrating. so mentally i am kind of gearing myself up for another week of not working out..greg''s mom is visiting us from wed- monday so it will be hard for me to do much anyway and we will be out and about most days so i just need to be sure that i feel okay and won''t be in pain during long car rides and stuff. i am just going to try to eat well when i can, and pay the piper when the time comes to return to the gym. after this visit we don''t have anything ''big'' for a while so i have some time to heal up and also no big ''events'' to go to where i might feel the need to look my best, lol.

anyhow hope everyone has a great day today...we''ll be trying to get the house ready for greg''s mom...airing out the guest room and cleaning up a bit. oh and i am making my crockpot chicken soup this evening so it will be ready for us to eat tomorrow night! yum.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-that wedding feast sounds amazing Mara!

D and I just came back from two hours in the gym so Im absolutely knackered. I did 30 minutes cross training and then my weights, then 15 minutes on the threadmill and then the gym I go to has a running track around the main building so I ran around that 5 times too

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I may have missed the info on what I''m going to ask, so forgive me if you''ve already posted on it. (I miss these threads some days)

Have you had your Gall bladder checked out? When you said "under your ribs" that caught my attention, besides the fact that I was thinking, this is just going on too long, and maybe she needs a second opinion...

I have Gall stones, so that''s what made me perk up. Just a thought, but really, I''m thinking this is dragging out...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bee it was CRAZY. and they rented out this huge ballroom on the 15th floor in SF of this huge old building and it was just breathtaking.

ellen...yeah i am kind of intermittently on and off wondering if something else is maybe going on. the reason is that originally i felt like i pulled my lower abs. but honestly those feel fine now. and the pain is more upper stomach area right under my ribs and along my esophagus area. i thought maybe that i had strained those muscles there by 'compensating' and overusing them while my lower abs healed but honestly it just seems like it can't be as simple as that, the pains that i get are really sharp and intermittent, even while i am just sitting down doing nothing...sometimes i'll get a pulsing pain. i am thinking i might go see the doctor again tomorrow and see what they think. looking online it seems like there could be one of 500 things that 'pains' in that area could entail so it seems so hit or miss. i also don't know what to tell the DR to look for. what were your symptoms for gall stones and was it sudden how they came on?? i have pain mostly under my left bottom of ribs and along the whole top of my stomach and (this might be TMI) i have really bad gas too and i have been burping all the time!! it's starting to get a little odd.

ETA it looks like gallstones are mostly pain under right shoulder and rib and mine is under my left. i read a bit previously about the pancreas which is under there i think....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, if it''s under your LEFT side, that''s not Gall bladder, which is on the right, like above and behind your liver.

But this does not sound like sore, pulled muscles. I''d write all your symptoms down and give them to your doc, and he can figure out what tests to run.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thanks for all the yoga dvds reccommendations! I''m checking them out on amazon now!

Jeff - I still have to work on my technique but boxing is so much fun it doesn''t really feel like a workout.

I am off to the gym this morning for an hour of cardio before my session with the trainer, and then hopefully I will get a call from Fedex about my rings! Woohoo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I might have the flu. The Demon finally got up at 9:30 but when I stood up it's a good thing I was right beside the bed or I would have landed on the floor. I was a bit woozy while we were out and when we came home and went back to bed I had the bed spins worse than any drunk I've ever been on. I had a pice of wheat bread right when we came back inside and now I'm having a small bowl of chicken rice soup (not becuase I'm hungry, but becuase I feel like I *should* eat something) but I'm feeling pretty miserable. We're going to Vegas on Thursday so whatever this is I hope it passes quickly. Needless to say there will be no working out today... Ug.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
DJ and Mara, sorry to hear that you both are out this week in regards to working out. I hope you guys get better fast!

Mara, that restaurant sounds good. Ahi tuna burger; hmm, that''s something I''ve never seen before in any restaurant but it sounds really yummy.

I did not have a good day yesterday. I started off well, having some Trader Joe''s frosted wheat squares for breakfast, then strawberries two hours later as a snack. For dinner, I had half of a TJ pizza, so it was about 500 cals.

Then I decided to go out. Ugh. 7 or 8 shots of vodka, so what, that''s about 800 calories? The dancing could''ve offset maybe about 300, but then because I was good and drunk, my friends and I went to Mel''s (a burger joint that''s open late night) where I ordered a short stack with bacon. The bacon was GOOOOOOOD......the pancakes not so much. Still ate them though. And I kept stealing the fries and onion rings off of everyone else''s plates too. I don''t even want to think about how many calories that late night meal was.

So I have to get back on track today, probably half hour of jump rope if my calves are okay with it and then another half hour of yoga/pilates.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 2:53:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I think I might have the flu. The Demon finally got up at 9:30 but when I stood up it''s a good thing I was right beside the bed or I would have landed on the floor. I was a bit woozy while we were out and when we came home and went back to bed I had the bed spins worse than any drunk I''ve ever been on. I had a pice of wheat bread right when we came back inside and now I''m having a small bowl of chicken rice soup (not becuase I''m hungry, but becuase I feel like I *should* eat something) but I''m feeling pretty miserable. We''re going to Vegas on Thursday so whatever this is I hope it passes quickly. Needless to say there will be no working out today... Ug.
DeeJay:

Take good care of yourself! I''m in CA, and there is just some nasty stuff going around. Gastoentoritis (sort of like the flu, diarreah/vomiting etc) landed my poor MIL in the hospital and she''s still not home. She''s now at a skilled nursing facility continuing to recoup. She caught it twice! And a friend in Northern CA''s entire family came down with the same thing, it''s just going around, yucky!! Rest, rest, rest!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

lol cinderella sounds like me last nite at the wedding with the bread!!

i have only found ahi tuna burgers at two places, the first was fog city diner in SF and it was AMAZING. they discontinued it and i never knew why...was so bummed. they just said they sometimes change up the menu. and then this place in los altos had one and i loved it and they also got rid of it and also said the same thing re switching up the menu, i told the chef i was super disappointed and the waitstaff said that it was one of the most popular items!! but then last time we went it was back on the menu! i was SO Jazzed! so now we go like once a month. haha.

had a 90 cal granola bar and now having some chili as a snack...dinner is in about 4.5 hours so this should tide us over til then! doing some light housecleaning as well. hope everyone is having a great sunday! DJ hope you feel better soon gal!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2007 12:20:53 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

hey rod!

i usually lurk on this thread and enjoy reading your cheery posts. you often mention your love of fine dining and i know someone, who will be in raleigh in the near future, and she is looking for a nice restaurant to have dinner with her fiance.

names and locations would be nice since she is unfamiliar with the town. if you know of some places that fit the bill it would be much appreciated. thanks!
1.gif
Hey Crown........If your friend and FI are looking for a really fantastic restaurant (also $$$$), I can not recommend Second Empire enough. It''s on Jones Street off Glenwood Avenue downtown. It''s an exceptional restaurant. If they''re into steaks, they could go to Sullivans on Glenwood Avenue. It''s elegant (kind of like a Ruths Chris or Mortons) and they superior beef and seafood. If it''s Sushi they want, they shoudl head to Mura, at North Hills (really cool atmosphere and the best Sushi in town - it''s we go every Friday night). Also at North Hills is 510 Midtown Grill (quite nice and more reasonably priced). In the Five Points Area, they should consider Bloomsbury Grill, or Nofo (where we dined last night). Nofo is trendy, hip great food and very reasonably priced. I just realized I''m commenting on all these restaurants and we''ve only lived here less than 2 months. People in my office laugh that we''ve explored more dining options in our short tenure here than they''ve been to in multiple years......LOL I may be all about fitness, but I''m also all about good food!!!

Rod
Ok...anyone want to go on a field trip to Raleigh? We could talk about diamonds and jewelry while pigging out!
(He said in his new Southern Drawl): "Y''all come on down!!!"
35.gif
Mara and Greg may be coming in May, we could turn it into a PS Team Fitness Meeting!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/21/2007 6:11:58 PM

hey rod!

1.gif

Rod
(He said in his new Southern Drawl): ''Y''all come on down!!!''
35.gif
Mara and Greg may be coming in May, we could turn it into a PS Team Fitness Meeting!!!
By May, I might be in as good shape as you are now!
35.gif

Just wrapped up the week with a 60 minute weight session at the gym. I didn''t feel well last night and only got about 3 hours sleep...there is
alot of sickness going around. I went to Whole Foods Market this morning...grabbed a cup of coffee, 2 apples and 2 potatoes..was like $8.00.
Ha! And they wonder why their stock has plummeted! I love the store but TJ''s is a little more reasonable.

Have a great week everyone and KEEP ON TRACKin

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another cold and rainy day that actually started as sleet, but didn't cause the roads to be slick or cancel any activities. And it didn't stop us either. We got up and went out to Talbot's Mens for the last weekend of the 70% off sale and I bought a shirt and a sweater I really don't need, but how can you turn down a $150 sweater for $39 and a $95 shirt for $26?? Then we went to Whole Foods to get Vegannaise (we really go through that stuff - yumm). Then a nice lunch at a bagel place, coffee at Starbucks (you know we never miss our Starbucks), then to the gym for our regular Sunday workout. On Sunday's we do a lot of planks (incredibly good for core strengthening) then machines, then free weights then elliptical. We really enjoy our weekend workouts so much more than our Tue, Wed, Thurs., workouts because the gym is way less crowded. And the people who are there on the weekends during the day are the same people we see every weekend and they don't hog machines and they just generally show more consideration.

So now we're home and its cold and rainy and I'm thinking I had a really good day evn though it was really not the nicest weather day. It's funny how you can make a dreary day a fun one. And we've got a chicken baking in the oven and we're having all these fresh steamed veggies - Yumm.

Mara and DeeJay, so sorry to hear your both under the weather. Mara, I hope you get to the doctor about this pain in your abdomen. Seems it's been going on long enough. I have had muscles hurt for an extended time myself. But, you should get this checked out just to be sure. Also, the food from that wedding sounded fantastic. Of course you know we all live vicariously through your foodgasmic adventures!!

Crown: Glad the list of music was helpful. Having just gotten off the elliptical, I can say that my choices keep me in the 12 - 15 MPH range and that's my target speed. It also helps me push my heart which at a slower pace just doesn't work hard enough. I like to keep my heart rate in the upper 150's for the entire 45 minutes. LOL, about working part time for the Chamber of Commerce! There was a full page article in today's paper about why people are flocking to NC., and the numbers of transplants from across the country is amazing. Mara: San Franciscan's are evidently moving here in droves.

Tomorrow's Monday and we take Monday's off from the gym. We'll likely have Sushi at our second favorite Sushi place.

I hope everyone's having a nice Sunday evening and looking forward to the new week.

PS: Maybe I've missed your posts in the last couple days, but Lorelei where are you? Are you OK?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 6:33:40 PM
Another cold and rainy day that actually started as sleet, but didn''t cause the roads to be slick or cancel any activities. And it didn''t stop us either. We got up and went out to Talbot''s Mens for the last weekend of the 70% off sale and I bought a shirt and a sweater I really don''t need, but how can you turn down a $150 sweater for $39 and a $95 shirt for $26?? Then we went to Whole Foods to get Vegannaise (we really go through that stuff - yumm). Then a nice lunch at a bagel place, coffee at Starbucks (you know we never miss our Starbucks), then to the gym for our regular Sunday workout. On Sunday''s we do a lot of planks (incredibly good for core strengthening) then machines, then free weights then elliptical. We really enjoy our weekend workouts so much more than our Tue, Wed, Thurs., workouts because the gym is way less crowded. And the people who are there on the weekends during the day are the same people we see every weekend and they don''t hog machines and they just generally show more consideration.

So now we''re home and its cold and rainy and I''m thinking I had a really good day evn though it was really not the nicest weather day. It''s funny how you can make a dreary day a fun one. And we''ve got a chicken baking in the oven and we''re having all these fresh steamed veggies - Yumm.

Mara and DeeJay, so sorry to hear your both under the weather. Mara, I hope you get to the doctor about this pain in your abdomen. Seems it''s been going on long enough. I have had muscles hurt for an extended time myself. But, you should get this checked out just to be sure. Also, the food from that wedding sounded fantastic. Of course you know we all live vicariously through your foodgasmic adventures!!

Crown: Glad the list of music was helpful. Having just gotten off the elliptical, I can say that my choices keep me in the 12 - 15 MPH range and that''s my target speed. It also helps me push my heart which at a slower pace just doesn''t work hard enough. I like to keep my heart rate in the upper 150''s for the entire 45 minutes. LOL, about working part time for the Chamber of Commerce! There was a full page article in today''s paper about why people are flocking to NC., and the numbers of transplants from across the country is amazing. Mara: San Franciscan''s are evidently moving here in droves.

Tomorrow''s Monday and we take Monday''s off from the gym. We''ll likely have Sushi at our second favorite Sushi place.

I hope everyone''s having a nice Sunday evening and looking forward to the new week.

PS: Maybe I''ve missed your posts in the last couple days, but Lorelei where are you? Are you OK?
Rod: Lorelei has been having power issues, at least the last time she posted. There hasn''t been enough to run her internet connection due to the storm.

And ditto what he said, Lorelei, I hope you''re okay.

Mara, I totally missed your post about your poor stomach! I''m so sorry you''re still in pain. I''d go back to the MD soon!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2007 6:30:38 PM

Date: 1/21/2007 6:11:58 PM

hey rod!

1.gif

Rod
(He said in his new Southern Drawl): ''Y''all come on down!!!''
35.gif
By May, I might be in as good shape as you are now!
35.gif

Just wrapped up the week with a 60 minute weight session at the gym. I didn''t feel well last night and only got about 3 hours sleep...there is
alot of sickness going around. I went to Whole Foods Market this morning...grabbed a cup of coffee, 2 apples and 2 potatoes..was like $8.00.
Ha! And they wonder why their stock has plummeted! I love the store but TJ''s is a little more reasonable.

Have a great week everyone and KEEP ON TRACKin

Consider it a challege Jeff!!!! LOL And sorry to hear about you not feeling well either. I know what it''s like to go for a workout after a sleepless night. Though my sleepless nights had nothing to do with me not feeling OK., they had to do with me worrying about losing my job, getting a new job, moving, selling our home in Tampa and trying to buy one in NC. Please feel better soon.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mara, sorry but I am just catching this now - is your stomach okay now? I was a bit concerned on two points when I read your post - one you mentioned that it has been going on for a while, and the other that you mentioned it was bad enough that you couldn't do what you would have enjoyed doing - dancing - due to the discomfort. How long has this been going on? It sounds like a probable gastritis (worst case scenario ulcer). Intermittent burning pains in your mid to L sided upper abdomen/esophageal area. Any other modifiers such as sharp, dull, stabbing? Is it keeping you up at night or waking you up? Anything bring the pain on or make it go away? Any fevers or chills? Any nausea or vomiting or vomiting up blood? Bowel changes such as diarrhea or blood in your stool? Does food affect the pain in any way - better, worse, no difference? Does the pain radiate anywhere else? Do you take any pain medication such as ibuprofen/advil or aspirin or naproxen/alleve? Alcohol will also irritate it. Have you been on any recent courses of steroids such as prednisone or a medrol dose pack?

You may need to start with an over the counter proton pump inhibitor - omeprazole = prilosec. If you get worse or don't see improvement after a few days (taking the ppi), then you definitely need to go in.
Lisa

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi :)...well originally it was that i pulled my lower abdominal muscles but it kind of morphed into this other thing with my upper stomach...which i can''t really tell if it''s muscle strain in and around there or something else. sometimes i think it''s something else, but then another time i can press on my side or front muscles and feel them be kind of ''sore''. so jury is still out. originally the DR said regular muscle strain but that was kind of before it morphed into what it is now. i have burning pains, stabbing pains, dull pains. under my ribs area on left and right side (as of yesterday was just left but then when i danced the right was hurting and it''s been that way today). sometimes my sides hurt. sometimes my back right side tingles. it''s really funky! it''s been about 2.5 weeks since the initial hurt...food doesn''t seem to make it better or worse, there''s no fever, or any change in my digestive tract other than being really quite gassy...but no blood or vomiting or anything that might signal to me ''this could be an urgent problem''. the two real issues are the pain and the gas. everything i read about online seemed much more dire..aka vomiting or diaharrea accompanied by fever AND pain etc. but i just have intermittent pain and soreness. which kind of makes me think ''okay sore muscles''. but then other times i think ''okay do sore muscles REALLY feel like this?''. i am taking ibuprofen for the pain, and i don''t take any other type of muscle or pain relievers, i didn''t take any steroids or anything. funny about the alcohol because i typically don''t drink but yesterday i drank a few vodka tonics at this wedding and felt better than i had in weeks, the pain was almost gone. numbing i would imagine. and it wasn''t any better or worse afterwards necessarily. quite the puzzle!! oh and i have a fair amount of abdominal bloating, aka from under my ribs all the way to lower belly, it''s definitely an inch or two larger than i typically am and it has been like that for at least a few days now. makes wearing my fave jeans torture! lol.

anyway i plan to try to see the DR tomorrow but i did feel better today...however, i just don''t want to keep waiting if it could be something other than pulled or strained muscles.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Great day for working out for me today
1.gif
. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then because it is so hot here and the water in the pool is like a bath I did 20 minutes of High intensity interval Training as per this newspaper article and boy it felt great and the time just flew
36.gif
8 seconds to key to weight loss

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I have had such a great day - did 45mins of cardio on the elliptical machine and burned 500calories, did boxing with my trainer, GOT MY RINGS(!!!!!!!), went for a long walk with Button.

Did I mention I got my rings????

WOOHOOO!!!!!

DJ & Mara, hope you feel better soon. Lorelei, hope everything is well on your side of the woods.

See you guys in next WWT!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 1:00:04 AM
Author: Mara
hi :)...well originally it was that i pulled my lower abdominal muscles but it kind of morphed into this other thing with my upper stomach...which i can't really tell if it's muscle strain in and around there or something else. sometimes i think it's something else, but then another time i can press on my side or front muscles and feel them be kind of 'sore'. so jury is still out. originally the DR said regular muscle strain but that was kind of before it morphed into what it is now. i have burning pains, stabbing pains, dull pains. under my ribs area on left and right side (as of yesterday was just left but then when i danced the right was hurting and it's been that way today). sometimes my sides hurt. sometimes my back right side tingles. it's really funky! it's been about 2.5 weeks since the initial hurt...food doesn't seem to make it better or worse, there's no fever, or any change in my digestive tract other than being really quite gassy...but no blood or vomiting or anything that might signal to me 'this could be an urgent problem'. the two real issues are the pain and the gas. everything i read about online seemed much more dire..aka vomiting or diaharrea accompanied by fever AND pain etc. but i just have intermittent pain and soreness. which kind of makes me think 'okay sore muscles'. but then other times i think 'okay do sore muscles REALLY feel like this?'. i am taking ibuprofen for the pain, and i don't take any other type of muscle or pain relievers, i didn't take any steroids or anything. funny about the alcohol because i typically don't drink but yesterday i drank a few vodka tonics at this wedding and felt better than i had in weeks, the pain was almost gone. numbing i would imagine. and it wasn't any better or worse afterwards necessarily. quite the puzzle!! oh and i have a fair amount of abdominal bloating, aka from under my ribs all the way to lower belly, it's definitely an inch or two larger than i typically am and it has been like that for at least a few days now. makes wearing my fave jeans torture! lol.

anyway i plan to try to see the DR tomorrow but i did feel better today...however, i just don't want to keep waiting if it could be something other than pulled or strained muscles.
Gotcha - I am a physician (Internal Medicine) too - I think it is a good idea to go in, I agree with you that this doesn't sound like garden variety muscle strain, especially given the length of time and the burning, stabbing nature. Interesting that the alcohol made it better - I don't have a good answer for that!! You may still want to consider changing from ibuprofen to tylenol (=acetaminophen) as the ibuprofen may be causing an irritation of the stomach (=gastritis) - use of antiinflammatory medications leads to a surprising number of ulcers and stomach irritation - unfortunately this can sometimes lead to internal bleeding too. You may have started with a muscle strain, but taking ibuprofen for the pain may have complicated your picture a little bit (hence the change in the location and character of the pain). Gastritis can give you a sore stomach too (even poking at it), and often actually there will be no effect with eating (ulcer pain will often change with eating). The location and the description of the pain go along with it too, although the side tingling make me wonder if you threw your back slightly out and are having some nerve root irritation along the spine - alternatively if it weren't such a tingling, I would think the stomach pain was radiating through to your back. It doesn't sound at all like it is pancreatic in nature (pancreas can give pain in the same area). I am glad you are considering going to go in for this - that way your doc can poke at it a bit - I hope your doc can help you (he may end up giving you a prescription proton pump inhibitor to at least try), and I hope you feel better! I also hope you don't end up having to get scoped!!

ETA: Let me know if I can help answer any questions

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks :) i have a dr appt today with a gal...so i am going to write down all my symptoms and even random things that may or may not be related...and see how it goes. i feel better today...if i don''t DO anything i typically feel a little bit better each day, then i feel like oh okay i''m getting better and get more active...but then it hurts again. in any case, the fact that the whole trunk area is sore is really odd for me. on one hand i hope it''s something thata can be pinpointed so i can just know it''s something that can be taken care of but on the other hand i don''t want it to be anything serious obviously, i just want it to GO AWAY and get better!!!

i also have side soreness, aka on the sides of my waist...which makes me think muscle again. oh and it feels best when i am sleeping on either left or right side. anyhow i will let you guys know what happens...thanks :)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh jeez Mara
7.gif
Sorry you''re still feeling so rotten and wish you luck at the dr. today!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 12:48:55 PM
Author: Mara
thanks :) i have a dr appt today with a gal...so i am going to write down all my symptoms and even random things that may or may not be related...and see how it goes. i feel better today...if i don''t DO anything i typically feel a little bit better each day, then i feel like oh okay i''m getting better and get more active...but then it hurts again. in any case, the fact that the whole trunk area is sore is really odd for me. on one hand i hope it''s something thata can be pinpointed so i can just know it''s something that can be taken care of but on the other hand i don''t want it to be anything serious obviously, i just want it to GO AWAY and get better!!!

i also have side soreness, aka on the sides of my waist...which makes me think muscle again. oh and it feels best when i am sleeping on either left or right side. anyhow i will let you guys know what happens...thanks :)
I was just coming to tell you to do that. Anything out of the ordinary should be mentioned, as it may help diagnosis!

Do let us know.

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, your doc will love you for bringing in that list - that will be very helpful, and you won''t forget anything that way!
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results