shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th Feb till 18th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a French restaurant last night that was *good* but not *great*. Rather disappointing given the reviews it's received and that this was the first time in a few months that I decided to eat whatever I wanted an not worry about the calories. I had the French onion soup, steak with fries, and chocolate mouse case. All only OK. Oh well, at least we know not to go there again.

Then we went to a party but we didn't stay long. Apparently there was some sort of pinata (sp?) before we got there and people were walking around picking (wrapped) candy up off the nasty bar floor and eating it. I don't care how well you wrap a Dove dark chocolate heart, I'm not picking the thing up off the floor, taking it out of the foil and eating it. Call me a snob, LOL. We stayed only a short time and didn't even have a drink.

This morning I went the gym and did a treadmill/bike workout to the tune of 450 cals. I managed to walk through my shin splint on the treadmill and was feeling pretty good at the 30 minute mark but I stopped anyway becuase the last time I went for an hour I felt pretty good at that point too and then was quasi-crippled the next day, so I figured I better not push it.

Off to the accountant to pick up our package and then I'm shopping my way down Michigan Avenue, so that should burn a few cals (as long as I don't stop in Ethel M's and go crazy with the free samples!!!).

Indecisive, I'm sorry to hear that you fell. Hope you feel better today and definitely take it easy if you're too sore.

Oh and how big are these cinammon rolls? Sometimes I get excited about something and then I find out it's the size of a golf ball or something when I'm hoping for more like a baseball, ha ha.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday, Everyone!

inde: I am so sorry you feel and hurt yourself!!!

Lorelei: Speaking of injuries, how''s your back doing?

DeeJay: Snob!!!
2.gif
But I''m right there with ya, I wouldn''t eat it either. I''m very jealous that you will be spending your day on Michigan Ave. DH recieved an unsolicited job offer for a position in Chicago the other day and it''s really started the wheels turning about where we want to end up living.

So we went for a nice afternoon walk yesterday and I probably burned about 200 calories, which was great. Today we''re off to the zoo and that will be more good exercise. I think we''re going to go out to dinner tonight, which is fine because I got on the scale this morning and it said 132, so I''m feeling really good about my physical activity and balancing out my eating to allow for some splurging and lots of good for me stuff!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay kimberly on 132..my scale has been moving between 132 and 135 this week...i actually think i need to weigh myself less because it affects me mentally too much. visually i am the same if not a bit smaller since jeans that were a little tight on me a month ago fit me perfectly now and even stretch out a bit after wearing...but the scale just gets to me sometimes. when i am 132 i think ''oh no i don''t want to lose any more weight so maybe i should eat more'' but then if i get on and it''s 135 i think ''oh no now i have to cut back''. i think i am getting too into it. i should just start going off the way my clothes fit and my measurements and stop with the scale..or use it once a week but it''s just a habit now when i go to the gym to see what it says. evil scale!

DJ i dont know how big the cin rolls are but the container is the regular sized one, same as the full fat version, and it has the same # of rolls in it i think so i would imagine they aren''t mini, hehee. but maybe rosebud can let us know what her verdict is if she tries them. i am still too busy eating my cin raisin bread from the bakery (man that stuff is good hehe).

have fun shopping DJ and enjoy yourself at the zoo Kim! i''m getting a mani pedi this afternoon that i need SO badly so i am very excited. maybe it means spring is around the corner!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I know exactly what you mean about the scale, I try to not weigh myself more than twice a week, once would be best but I just can''t seem to pare back. I wanted to check today because DH mentioned going out for dinner tonight and I wanted to be sure I''m on track weight wise before agreeing. Maybe my goal for next week will be to only weigh myself once, we keep talking about how the scale affects us negatively and being proud of what we''ve accomplished as opposed to focusing on hoping for big changes and it''s time to practice that philosophy a bit better.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
mara: I try not to weigh myself more than once aweek otherwise it gets too distracting....keep looking in the mirror and judging by how you feel...#''s aren''t always an accurate thing...and stay off the scale during that time of the month--its terrible to see water weight #''s

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies: The Cin Buns are yummy!! They are not a golfball size either! haha. I thought the same thing when I first bought them, but they are a pretty decent size, and totally satisfying if you are craving the real thing. They even give you a mini cinnamon topping that I nuked for about 20 seconds and you drizzle it over the buns once they are out of the oven. Hubby even loved them. He said they tasted like a doughnut to him.

36.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and also, it makes 8 buns...
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh now i really want to try them!! instead of a donut, it sounds good to me! i have been craving donuts and at 300-450 a pop, the 140 cal cinammon bun thing is way better.

yeah i know we say all the time the scale is evil, it''s funny because it''s like a flakey friend. some days it shows what you want it to and other times it screws you over, lol. i really need to do the 1x a week thing too and just use that. or just use my measurements and have to mentally train myself to not care what the scale says. i keep reminding myself that i am 18.9 bf which is super great. so even if the scale says 135, the bf doesnt lie! hehe.

i just tried on one of my bikinis upstairs as it''s been a while since i''ve done a bikini check and okay...can i say i look really good?? i am very excited for this spring and summer. all those cute clothes and shorts? i am salivating every time a new catalog comes to the house with new cute stuff in it but trying not to buy anything for a little while longer...i always buy at the first sign of cute clothes then it takes us months to wear them then MORE are out so i am trying to be patient now.

anyway, i am off to the mani/pedi/waxing thing. taking a 60 cal smoothie with me just in case i get hungry. i am feeling kind of tired today so i just took an airborne for some vitamins. depending on how i feel we might do a 1/2 walk later...and then i can just power harder through a workout tomorrow with the extra energy. we''ll see.

have a wonderful afternoon all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Went sledding today--must have trekked up that hill 50 times in an hour!! More fun/exciting than the incline on the tredmill.......

We will all hit the gym/pool tomorrow as a family--not likely I''ll be able to swin laps but will do my "tread water" workout instead.

cheers--Sharon

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in to say "Happy New Year Of The Pig!" and also to let everyone know that I tried VERY HARD to go to the gym and get my workout in before heading out today, and you know what?

I succeeded! YAY!!

TGal - I thought of u when I was up at 4.30am this morning feeding Button and trying to convince myself to go to the gym. I was gonna go back to bed but then your avatar popped up in my head (you know, the one with the backpack!) and I imagined it pointing at me and saying 'haul your A** to the gym right this minute missy!'. Then I said to myself, if TGal can so it, so can I!

LMAO!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

So I did 50mins cardio and burned 500 calories, and did a half hearted strength training (only 10mins) because my new shoes were bothering me. I have a slight blister where the tongue of the shoe meets my ankle
8.gif

Ok now I can indulge in those buttery pineapple tarts I've been looking forward to all yesterday! (okok I will only have a couple)
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just went to the store to get some goodies for tonite and i came across something new. i have been wanting to find a lower-cal tortilla to make wraps with in the mornings, sometimes i am craving an egg white and cheese wrap/burrito in the mornings but tortillas are notoriously high in calories.

i came across these whole-wheat low-carb tortillas from 'la tortilla factory'. the soft taco size has 50 cals and 9g of fiber!! and they are soft and easily bendable, so hopefully no resemblance to cardboard. i looked them when i got home and hungry girl recommended them so i figure it can't be that bad. i will report back when i try them. also they have a huge burrito size one for 80 cals...which if these are good enough, i will be SO jazzed about because then we can make our own healthy style burritos at home with chicken and 2% cheddar and some jalapeno refried beans and shredded iceberg lettuce, yum!!! so keeping fingers crossed.

i also got some fresh nice, hard green grapes which were actually sweet, thank goodness fruit is coming back into season now...and these interesting looking plums which appear more like nectarines but are plums, so it'll be fun have new fruit experiments. does anyone else not like mushy grapes? i only get the super hard ones because they seem to 'crunch' more satisfactorily, but they are not always the sweetest, the best is finding hard ones that are sweet! and frozen grapes are fun too.

kudos JL for working out and sharon you sound like you got a good workout too!! i am still feeling tired (my waxist said i looked very tired, i was like 'i am!'...) so i think i will just take a shorter walk but i do want to get outside as it's a BEAUTIFUL warm day today and i want to be in the sun.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my trip down Michigan Avenue was successful in that I walked for four hours and never sat down once, but I also wasn't going at any rapid pace so I probably didn't burn many calories. Oh well, it was nice to be out, and I did manage to resist the chocolates that they were pushing at me as I tried on furs at Bloomingdales. "Oh, you don't like the blond sable? Have a raspberry truffle while we look for something else in the back. The sheared beaver with chinchila cuffs is not your style? Why don't you have one of these dark chocolate mocha balls while we check the vault again?" Argh -- stop it!!!

I had my left over steak and fries for lunch today and the happy hubby is making some sort of white fish in wine sauce with green beans and wild rice for dinner. Other than a pumpkin muffin and and a grande non-fat decaf mocha (yah, I know, I know... ) while I was out today, that's it. Not great, but not TOOOO bad.

Thanks for the report on the cinnamon buns! I think the trick for me will be to bake them one at a time so I can't go, oh, that was so good I think I'll have *another one* LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,
Youra makin me hungry!

I walked 4 miles; whooo whoooo. Lost 4 lbs. Gotta lose more; going to Kauai for 2 1/2 wks in June. Bathing suit season fast approaching
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
one sunny walk under our belts... we walked for about an hour and went into some new neighborhoods, it was such a beautiful day...i think i got a bit of a tan! and i feel more alert which is good...though i can feel my body is kind of tired. not muscles but just overall. kinda weird.

earlier i had 1/2 a pumpkin muffin (they don't last very long here in our warm house...the middle gets mushy so i toss it out), a cup of grapes, and now am having a mixed berry 60 cal smoothie to tide me over til we leave for my mom's in about an hour or so. so overall i've consumed about 675 cals so far...and am planning for a huge dinner as there will be a lot of food (and bread and dessert!).

tomorrow morning we are going to my grandma's for some of her famous chorizo and eggs (so good and yet so bad)...i might bring along these 50 cal tortillas and see if they work...because we eat the c/e with tortillas instead of using forks and so the calories can rack up REALLY quickly for a breakfast like that. she also makes us these yummy breakfast potatoes that we love. so needless to say we won't be eating much for lunch or snacks tomorrow probably!!
3.gif
but i will hit up the gym and then we're having dinner at home, something light!!

lol DJ i hear ya on the cinammon buns. i will have to time mine right as well...or make 2-3 at a time for us 2. skippy, congrats on the 4 lbs gal!! whee hawaii!

have a great saturday evening everyone!!! enjoy.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2007 7:59:20 PM
Author: Mara
tomorrow morning we are going to my grandma's for some of her famous chorizo and eggs (so good and yet so bad)...
HI:

Sound like my dream breakfast--you know I find that if I eat quality protein for breakfast I end up eating a great deal less during the day (aka usually no lunch) as I am simply not hungry. Do others find this also?

BTW Mara--what time should we be at Grandma's?
9.gif

ETA: I made the acorn squash chips--from the hungry girl website--with roast rosemary chicken and those "chips" were devine! Bonus: my 13 yr old scarfed them down!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So dinner was great and now I''m enjoying my last half glass of wine with some mini-oreos (I can''t wait until these are gone and I stop going into the garage searching them out!). The happy hubby has something up his sleeve for tomorrow''s dinner (I can smell it cooking away in the second oven all evening but he won''t tell me what it is) so I''ll have to try to be good all day tomorrow two so I have a lot of cals left to deal with whatever alchemy is going on it my kitchen...

Mara, please save me a seat right beside Sharon. What time is breakfast--I promise to be prompt?
2.gif

Skippy, don''t worry, at 4 miles a day you''re gonna look fantastic in that bikini come Kauai!

And Jade, did you really go to the gym at 4:30 in the morning? Holy cow--you''re a better man than I am, LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay and Mara are too cute!!!! Thank you! I am glad to be part of such an encouraging forum~~~ whoooo whooo! You ladies and men ROCK!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry the French Restaurant was disappointing DeeJay. It can be such a letdown to have high expectations only to find the food, just so-so.

The dinner wth your parents sounds wonderful Mara, but all your food adventures sound like fun!!

We had a good day today. We slept in, which is such a treat to me. We ate breakfast (on Saturdays, we have a big bowl of fresh fruit and a scone with coffee - Yumm)! Then we had the cars washed, went to Talbots Men to see the mid-winter clothes sale (got a couple nice sweater bargains!). My lunch was nice and healthy. And as promised, to atone for my higher calorie dinner last night, we went to the gym and I knew I had to work out harder to burn off the extra calories. So I did.

But, tonight, I fear I blew it again. We went to this incredibly cool restaurant called the Irregardless Cafe. It''s an old Raleigh establishment that''s been in business since the 1930''s, and it''s quirky and cool. Our waitress suggested I have the crab dip appetizer. Charlie ordered a pear salad. I should have gotten a salad. Not that the dip wasn''t good. Oh my, it was. But it had to be about a zillion calories as it was this huge portion of lump crabmeat cooked in a three cheese sauce and served with peta bread pieces. It was so good, but too large and I ate too much. Then for my main course, I had the Paella, which was really good, but quirky. It was served with scallops, shrimp and fish with a tomato sauce over rice with peas and carrots, but the quirky part included whole barbecued chicken wings on the side of the bowl of Paella. It was such an unusual combination, but it was really really good. Then, when I went to the restroom to wash up, Charlie decided to order a piece of the chocolate-Toffee cake. I surely didn''t need that, and fortunately for me, I took one bite and found the chocolate-toffee combination somewhat unappealing, so I didn''t eat any after that.

I guess I have to work out even harder tomorrow to atone for tonights sins. So, of course we will head to the gym tomorrow as usual.

I hope everyone had a really good Saturday!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday evening everyone.

The zoo was a blast, we walked around for about 4 hours, which is worth about 350 calories burned, I''d estimate. Then we stopped at this cute little cafe that is actually a maul restaurant for dinner. I had soft tacos and black beans, absolutely yum, and I still came in at about 1550 calories for the day because I had a really light lunch (protein bar and yogurt) and there wasn''t a whole lot to the tacos (about 150 calories in chicken, 200 for tortillas and 300 for veggies and olive oil plus another 150 for the beans).

I am absolutely exhausted tonight and have a terrible headache, not enough water intake for 4+ hours in the sun.

Skippy, DH and I are going to Maui in May and I''m actually not dreading wearing a bathing suitr, what fun!!! I''ve never been a bikini girl, not since I was 15 anyways.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah for Hawaii!!!! We love it there! Last year I went twice. Once for fun and then for work.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha well dinner was awesome as i knew it would. mom made 2 types of fresh salsa with organic tortilla chips for starters, and then dinner was yummy rubbed tri-tip grilled on the BBQ, salad with pears and peppers, lemon roasted potatoes, a green been and carrot dish, and then BREAD! lol i definitely ate more than my share of bread and butter, hehee. then we had this yummy chocolate chiffon strawberry cake with whipped cream and fresh straberries, huge yum. it was very 'light' and airy and so flavorful. i had THREE pieces!! they were very small admittedly since the whole cake (9" double layer) had to serve like 10 people. then about an hour later i saw my sister's See's box and my eyes lit up. i haven't had any since xmas and i love my See's. so i had FIVE pieces, omg...it was really funny and yummy and scary at the same time. she doesn't like my favorites (divinity, rum nougat, two caramel/nut/chocolate ones, and some other nut/nougat one i don't know the official name of), so i figured i'd take them off her hands.
3.gif

so i will DEFINITELY be doing serious penance at the gym tomorrow, ESP after grandma's breakfast tomorrow morning lol. but sometimes you just have to live a little...!!
5.gif
i definitely don't feel guilty. hehe. the gym will always be game for a little workout torture after a yummy night.
9.gif

on a funny note, my uncle walked in the door and the first thing he said when he saw me was 'hey you're skinny'...i was like 'well hello to you too!'...but i guess it was a nice compliment!?

sounds like everyone else had a great night with yummy food...Rod, it's rare i turn down dessert...i just have the biggest sweet tooth. but like you i managed to enjoy my favorites when i was losing weight and i still reached and exceeded my goals...so i definitely believe in indulgences and not deprivation...obviously since i was miss dessert extraordinaire tonite.
41.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm... all that food sounds so good! I am feeling a little better today so I will probably go on the elliptical this evening. I a so jealous of you guys that have sun and warmth! It is still icy and freezing here so I don''t even want to get out of bed. So I am eating a lot less but I''m not doing much either. Now spring needs to come quick! Have a good Sunday everyone!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

Well, yesterday was a horrible day, but today will be better! I had to work yesterday to make up some time from when I was sick last month. It ended up being the craziest day and I didn''t get a break from the time I got there at 6:30 am to when I left around 9 pm. I grabbed a Nutrigrain bar for breakfast, a bag of soy crisps for lunch, and I tried to eat a cup of Italian Wedding soup around 5 pm but then ended up getting called away before I could finish it. We were working as quickly as possible considering the limitations of what others were (and weren''t) doing, but still got criticized and yelled at (by the people who weren''t doing their jobs well and making ours harder) for not getting more done more quickly. I''m so glad it''s over! Then when I left the roads were slippery so I didn''t get home til 9:30. I was so hungry by then that I wanted to eat quickly, so I decided to eat the rest of this low-fat macaroni and cheese that I had made earlier in the week. I don''t know if I tried to eat too fast or what, but I ate about half and my stomach started hurting and I started feeling nauseous, so I gave up and went to bed. I ended up calculating 1000 calories if I had finished the soup and the macaroni, but the whole day was probably something closer to 700-800.

This morning I''m feeling a little dehydrated, but I ate my normal oatmeal for breakfast and my stomach issues are gone. On a whim, I decided to try on my old favorite pair of jeans. They''re these great "premium" Levis that are so classic...I think they are about 4 years old but they are a nice medium blue wash with a nice moderate bootcut and a moderate low waist. Not trendy at all, but never out of style. I forgot how much I loved them. A few months ago I didn''t have a hope of getting them buttoned, but now they''re on! They still feel a little tight, but I''m going to wear them around the house for a while cause I know they will stretch out a little.

Exercise for today will be 45 minutes of cardio plus an hour of weights. I don''t know what I''m going to eat for lunch and dinner yet, but I''m going to try to increase my calories a little today to make up for yesterday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your bad day basil...hopefully today is better for you!! indec...yeah i know we are lucky with the weather here (we pay for it!!) but it is supposed to start raining i guess tomorrow for a few days so we are going to take as much advantage as possible of the warmth while we can! it''s another sunny beautiful day today...so i am going to the gym but again i''d like to get out for another walk as well even if it''s just a stroll...to enjoy it! maybe later this evening. last nite the evening was warm til about 7pm!

so we''re heading off to grandma''s soon...is everyone ready to go? hehe. we had some coffee this morning to tide us over...and i am taking over my tortillas to try out so we''ll see. later i''ll go to the gym and do my thing...and i want to do some patio garden work too, i need to get my roses into their pots as they are already leafing out from this warm weather, yikes. and i need to find some sort of non-toxic snail stuff for my pots, as they keep eating my delicate seedlings, ugh!! snails are evil.

trying to think about what we want to do for dinner tonite...i will hit up TJ''s later to get us some shepherds pies for this week and also maybe 2 pizza''s for tomorrow night (or tonite)...but tonite not sure what we will be doing...eating at home for sure but not sure what! i don''t want to make anything that has leftovers because greg is only here til wed...even though i have been dying to make this healthyish version of baked ziti that sounds divine. i will keep it til next week i guess! i was thinking because the weather is beautiful maybe we could grill something outside...so we''ll see.

anyway have a great day everyone and if you are hitting the gym, power through it!!
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ah, lazy Sunday! I managed to burn 2000 calories this week, which was my goal, so I''m taking the day off from working out. I''m making dinner tonight, but I''m not sure what yet. I think I''ll dig out some cookbooks and figure it out.

Enjoy the chorizo and eggs, Mara.

Sorry you had a bad day basil, hope today is better.

Happy Sunday all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry for your bad day, Basil. Hope those are few and far between.

Ended up working much harder at the pool then I orginally thought I would--and I felt quite hypoglycemic at the end....was shaking. What a horrid feeling; but I was foolish not having eaten much protein before we left the house. anyway I need a cuppa.

Hope everyone''s day is good!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
whee okay so 70 minutes on the elliptical netted me 650 cals then i did about 15 minutes of weights for an estimated ~700 cals total. then i went grocery shopping toting my increasingly heavier basket for 25 minutes so who knows what that was but a nice cooldown, haha.

i netted a bunch of yummy stuff at the grocery store...does anyone else love grocery shopping like i do? i wander the aisles if i have time and pick up random things checking out nutritional information, sometimes i am pleasantly surprised and other times i am shocked and horrified!

anyway i got some bananas and a few fresh pears, a vanilla sugar free fat free pudding box (hungry girl has a vanilla pudding parfait with bananas and cool whip which looks YUM and only like 120 cals), a new 45 cal bread loaf, another fat free krusteaz blueberry muffin box and various other goodies. i also picked up one of those new Special K Protein Water drinks..has anyone seen those? i have read various writeups on them, nothing good or bad really...and they are 50 cals for a 16 oz bottle and like 5g of protein and 8g of sugar for the whole bottle. i got a tropical berry flavor and drank half when i got home...it's basically a flavored water drink but since i ONLY drink water, sometimes i am craving just a bit of a sweet taste from the water and this might work for me...it tastes like a very thin orangy berry juice/water. also powerade or something puts out one as well which is like 10 cals but i already had this one in my basket so i figured i'd just go with this one first. not bad.

so talk about a powered breakfast...we had the chorizo and eggs AND omelets and potatoes...thankfully grandma made my omelet with egg whites, a little ham and pepper and a tiny bit of cheese so it was not bad at all...also she uses beef chorizo which is healthier than pork...and i used my 50 cal tortillas, VERY pleased with them by the way. while they won't win any super yummy tortilla awards (my fave tortillas ever are chevy's flour ones fresh off el machino and i can eat like 20 of them), they are perfect to be used as a tortilla typically is, aka to wrap or hold things and have a bit of flavor but really letting the foods stand on their own. so i am really happy with them. then when we got home about an hour later i had 2 pieces of cinammon raisin bread. i swear sometimes i can just EAT. so at the gym basically i burned off 90% of what i have eaten today, hahaha. not bad i guess. i feel better about the cinammon raisin bread now! lol. oh yeah and we brought the leftover chorizo and eggs home so i figure i can mix it with some egg whites and a 50 cal tortilla for breakkie tomorrow and still be 250ish and get some good protein going.

and i am still feeling pretty fullish, so i figure i will be okay til dinner...if not i'll have a 60 cal smoothie. AND on the topic of dinner! while on the elliptical i had a Shape mag at the gym to read (love that magazine, i subscribed and am just waiting for it to start coming!) and it always has such fun tips on diet and exercise etc. and recipes. so they had this spread on 'healthy burgers' and we love burgers, so i ended up practically salivating at their guilt-free burger article. it had 2 burgers that are right up my alley and we are making one of them tonite. it's a chicken asian flavored burger and the picture looks divine. it is with a whole wheat bun with red onions and wasabi ketchup...mmmm. i love being inspired on dinner while working out at the gym.

speaking of buns...so i was at the store checking out every nutritional information placket on the hamburger buns there. amazing! the buns range from 110 cals for a whole bun (top and bottom) to like 280!!! it's crazy how such stuff ranges so madly. it makes it hard to be 'general' when putting together recipes. so i got a sara lee whole wheat heart healthy bun which was 110 cals and a decent size, aka not too large. the 280 ones i think were egg based and they were HUGE monster buns. i hate when you make a burger and then the bun dwarfs it. so we'll have the asian burgers tonite with alexia fries and maybe some steamed cauliflower. dessert will be banana cream pudding, i got fat free milk to use for this (saves 40 cals per cup) because i made it last week with 1% and it was REALLY thick more like a pie filling, so i figure fat free won't take much away from the consistency, these 'instant' puddings thicken up so quickly on their own.

i was feeling tired before but now i feel good. i am so glad i powered through my workout at the gym and since i had the time i just kept going til the machine wouldn't let me anymore (it has 60 min maxes with 10 min cooldown max). i have tomorrow off so i think i am going to workout again, whether a long 3m walk or a gym visit not sure but my day tomorrow is VERY relaxed so i figure i can get some sort of activity in.

so my goal for this week on exercise was met and exceeded. the original goal was 1800 cals...4 workouts of 450. and then i modified it on tues to be about 2000. and then again on thurs (after vday, yikes!!) to be more like 2400 and i think i did about 2350. so really happy overall. and with all the EATING i have been doign this week, i needed the extra gym time. also this coming week will not be that much better. wed night is my sister's birthday so we are going to this yummy italian place...diets don't live there!! and then on fri i'm going to dinner with my family and saturday i am going to dinner with a bunch of girlfriends. so my goal for exercise this week will be along the same 2400ish line to help offset the eating out i will be doing.

anyhow...hope everyone is having a fabulous sunday. it's still sunny and nice here but greg was saying it's supposed to rain starting this evening so i'm glad i went and did all my stuff for today..and now i can just relax at home!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
70 minutes on the elliptical!! YOU GO MARA!!! Your breakfast with grandma sounded nice too!

I was ultra good today to atone for my weekend eating sins. And I worked out for almost 3 hours at the gym, including 45 minutes and over 800 calories burned on the elliptical.

For dinner tonight, we had a nice salad, with fresh shrimp and grilled chicken pieces mixed in. Yumm, it was so good.

Otherwise, it was an uneventful Sunday. I do need some extra PS Fairy Dust sent our way. We had two showings over the weekend of our condo in Tampa, but no offers. Please send the dust post haste. We really to get that place sold or leased so we can move forward with our lives here in NC.

I hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to a good week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rod!! Yeah I haven't done 70 minutes on the elliptical in a LONG time. But I just felt pretty good and there was a movie on and I had a good mag and good music so it was a great day. Sundays are typically my best days for workouts...I don't know why but I almost always can go longer, harder and feel better afterwards...during the week I think I tend to get more tired from work and just mental stresses. By Sunday I am more relaxed from the weekend I guess.

I just mapped out my eating estimates and my workout goals for the next week as well...including my dinners out on Wed, Fri and Saturday. It helps me to do this because then I can get a visual of what my week looks like and how 'splurgey' I can be elsewhere on the week (or not). Also, I am taking into account things like we still have cinammon raisin bread to finish, we have truffles in the house, and also add in things like my new 50 cal torillas which let me be way more creative with food options (i love scrambled egg whites with cheese in tortillas for the morning but so far previously high-cal tortillas didn't let me indulge!!). So it's kind of fun. Oh and catching up on my soap operas on the couch while doing it is fun too. Gotta love a laptop.

Your salad tonite sounds very yummy. I was thinking of doing a homemade taco salad as well at some point soon...since I love getting them at restaurants, and they are pretty easy to replicate here at home minus the evil shell, if I can find some sort of baked version of tortilla strips to sprinkle on top, it would be ideal though I guess we could make our own by baking them in the oven. (can you guys tell i think about food a lot? hehee)...

Rod, I will be sending PS fairy dust your way that the condo sells soon!!! It's great that it's gotten showings, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results