shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th Feb till 17th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh No Linda...it''s totally making the North Bay rounds!!! Sleep and THERAFLU...it saved me a few times when my fever was super high.

Steph..When I was losing I stayed in the low end of my range 5 days out of 7 and high range 2 days (wkd)...and I was really good about not having sweets and stuff like that...not a lot of bread either. So maybe drop your cals down to the lower range and be a little better about carbs vs protein...ratchet up the workouts a bit. Drink a lot of water, that really helps me. Good luck!!

We''re about to head to an early dinner at this fave diner place of ours that we almost never get to because it''s like a few towns away but Greg''s garage is there so he wants to drop the Power Wagon back off and so suggested that we drive separately, I pick him up at his garage and then we go to this diner for dinner. This place is like an old school 50''s diner with fab shakes and pies and cakes and if you turn in your glass pie dish you get $5 credit..well we have 5 of them for the last 2 years so we''re like woo hoo $20. haha. It''s funny to be so jazzed on turning in pie dishes. But unfortunately I can''t have any pies or shakes or anything..BOO HOO. I will have to console myself with homemade mac and cheese or something.
2.gif

Oh and funny note, I went to Zumba, which was fun yet tough since it''s the first I''ve done in a whole week...and weighed myself, I didn''t lose anything! Which is ironic, because my friend said my face looks thinner after being sick, and in the mirror I could see that my arms and legs looked thinner too. My trainer said well you didn''t have much fat to lose anyway, so I am very glad that my muscle didn''t waste away!!!! And my pants fit me more loosely in the hips and butt so who knows what happened.

Anyhow, off to take P out to the park for a while, the poor shut in...she has been inside for like 3 days!! Time for some reward time for her being such a great little girl while I was so sick. Everyone have a fab evening!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

I'm glad you're doing better Mara. We too had a diner dinner tonight. Comfort food - Yumm. And congrats on the new HDTV! We've been HD for a long time and I hate to watch anything that's not in high def anymore.

Linda, I'm so sorry you've got the flu. You take care, drink lot's of fluids and sleep sleep sleep. You'll be in my thoughts.

Steph, much like Mara did to lose weight, I lost a lot of weight doing lot's of cardio at first. When we joined the gym, we did 55 minutes on the elliptical, 6 times a week. At that time, we did like 20 minutes of weights, then the cardio. I went from nearly 240 pounds to 172 (+/- a couple pounds on any given day) and my waist went from over 40 to 32/33 and I truly attribute it to the intense cardio we did. Now, I'm more intent on building muscle and maintaining my weight, so I do way more weights, but still do cardio 5 times a week (sometimes only 4), at a pretty intense clip, but only for 35 minutes, instead of 55.

Congrats on the new Matrix Phoenix!! Sounds like you did a great job negotiating a great deal! I love negotiating deals on new cars.

I hope the shopping trip to Denver was fun Marcy!!

It was just a beautiful day today. We had a nice leisurly breakfast on the terrace and watched a sailboat regatta, then headed out for some errands, lunch at our little deli we've adopted on Saturday's, coffee under the Oak, then a really nice and productive workout at the gym. We'll be back in the gym tomorrow too. I slept really well last night for the first time in a couple weeks and it really helped me have a stronger workout. Hmmmm, how novel - Well rested = Better workout! Charlie on the other hand didn't sleep well last night and he kind of struggled with his workout.

We were just in the mood for comfort food, so we had dinner at our favorite little diner and it was great. For an appetizer I had this roasted potato soup. And for my dinner, I had a fresh lobster and crab salad sandwhich on homemade white bread and French Fries. The entre was only $9.95 and the lobster salad was all meat, with just the right amount of mayo, seasonings and celery. Charlie had a curry chicken and rice dish with grilled veggies, which was also terrific. The fro-yo shop is just around the corner, so we had dessert there and then walked up to Sbucks for a cup of coffee. It's a beautiful evening in Tampa.

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. If you're not feeling well, please rest and feel better soon.

Sleep well everyone!

Ps: Monnie, you haven't said how your hubby's interview went. Fingers crossed it went well. Let us know when you have a couple moments.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am still sicko, and the cold moved into my chest so working out is really out. We hobbled out for a valentines dinner, which was really nice, but came home right after to lie around trying to breath! haha

My weight has plateaud for a couple of weeks, so I think it is time to kick the work outs up a notch and be even more careful with diet. The first 5 weeks of our new "diet" (i.e., lifestyle change) I lost 5 lbs., 1 inch off chest, 1.5 inch off waist, and 2 inches off hips, and for that time I wasn''t recording my calories, but now it is time to start that up again, it worked well in the past. PLus I am going to take a page out of Mara and Rod''s book and do 50 min cardio 6 days a week for at least the next month. If that seems to really work I will keep it up, though I''m not sure I can do that much working out on a really long-term basis. I guess if it seems to work it will be rewarding enought to keep it up! We''re gonne get back on the morning trips to the gym and see how that goes. We may need to split the workouts 30 min in the am and 30 min in the pm. We just shook on it!

Anyways, that''s my new plan so as soon as my chest clears out I''m getting on that horse! Probably starting on Monday if all goes well!

DD
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks for the advice....upping the cardio seems like what works for people, so I will see what it does for me. The neighborhood we''re moving into has a clubhouse with a gym and I saw ellipticals, so I will take advantage of those and try for 45-60 mins. 6 days a week and see if I start to see a difference. Woohoo to a wonderful meal...the lobster sandwich sounds yummy! Enjoy your Sunday!

Dreamer...sorry you''re not feeling well still. Let me know how upping your cardio goes, I''m doing the same thing!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Linda, oh no, I''m so sorry to hear you are sick! So many things are going around here, including that flu bug. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and sleep.

Rod, I''m glad you got a good night''s sleep. That is so important! I so rarely sleep through the night (wake up around 4 to go to the bathroom -- you''d think I''m an old man but I''m a 27 year old woman!) but have done so the last two nights. It''s such a treat.

I''m planning a jog in an hour or two. It''s my first jog in two weeks since I ran 5 miles and then fell asleep afterwards (and then had the awful fatigue for five days). I''ve done two Firm workouts since then and feel pretty much my normal self, so I''m ready to start running again. I''m just going to play it by ear as to how far I''ll go.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning wwters!! we went to sleep too late, i think that all the sleep i got while sick is catching up with my body now and i am not as tired as i was at all...i thought for sure last nite i'd be flagging at 8pm but we stayed up watching tv til about 11:30 then went to bed around midnight. and this morning i feel like i could have slept another 2 hours but my brain was up...so i got up with greg. made breakfast, protein pancakes with blueberries and coffee. i think i might try to nap because later this afternoon we are going to SF with my parents to have dinner. so i want to be sure that i'm not too tired. i am really glad i have tomorrow off to just relax because it's been SO hard to relax this wkd after being down for the count for 4 days...all this stuff piled up that typically gets done daily and i just feel like i am totally behind and playing catch up on housework, emails, grocery shopping etc. so it's hard not to just keep doing things all day. but i don't want to relapse so i am trying to be cautious and also taking airborne and echinacea still.

here's a question for you married/fianced wwt'ers!! do you love healthy stuff and your spouse hates it??? i made us the yummiest protein pancakes today with whole wheat flour, anywhey (my new thing, tried it in buffalo since greg's friend had it and is totally into being healthy..this stuff you can technically add to 'anything' and give it protein as it's tasteless), fat free yogurt, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, egg white and blueberries and i love them....and Greg is like ...they are so flat..they are so dense, they are kind of chewy.
40.gif
he is a buttermilk and white bread lover and i just love dense wheat crunchy nut filled bread items. so he is all disappointed in the pancakes which makes me sad since i really like them. but he'd prefer a big plate of processed buttermilk white flour pancakes anyday. sometimes it's hard for me to find the happy medium food wise. he'll eat whatever i put in front of him, bless his heart, but he loves when i make him a grilled processed american cheese on white bread sandwich thing over anything else. wonder how i can get him to like more dense, healthy stuff? thing is that he doesn't need to, i have spoken on here before on how greg is as healthy as a horse, no health problems, no high cholesterol, no weight problems, anything...he can basically eat whatever he wants and do whatever and work out 2x a week and he is in tip top shape. he's got the best genes. so i can't even say 'well this is good for you!!' because he notices no diff whether he eats whole grains or not hehee. if i wasn't around he'd probably subsist on an entire diet of processed white flour only, and be healthier than all of us!!

so anyway, i thought my pancakes were AWESOME and here's the recipe for anyone who is a weirdo like me and appreciates dense whole wheat items for breakkie hehee. they are so healthy it's painful but i actually think they taste really good!

Yummi Yogurt Protein Pancakes
3/4c whole wheat white flour
1 scoop AnyWhey protein powder (70 cals, 18g protein!)
3oz fat free plain yogurt (I used Fage)
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste!)
1 tsp brown or turbinado sugar
water

mix flour and protein powder together. add yogurt, egg white, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar. mix. add water to reach desired consistency. heat griddle. brush round areas with butter. ladle batter on. add frozen blueberries/raspberries/whateverfruitdesired. flip when ready. when done, serve! i use sugar free syrup and greg uses regular.

makes 2 servings of four 3-4" pancakes (very filling)
nutritionals per serving: 235 cals, 20g protein, 6g fiber, 2g fat.
(nutritionals do not include added berries or brushed butter, just FYI!)

(hee hee side note, greg looked over as i was writing this and said ... 'i don't HATE healthy stuff!'...and then passed off his last pancake to me since he said they were so dense he was full...hehe).

have a fab jog PG!! i was thinking of doing one tomorrow too so we'll see how i feel. trying not to be too active after 4.5 days of nothingness...my body might revolt.

rod, your diner dinner sounded yummy. we went to ours last nite, this place is so super cute inside, i wish we lived closer but i bet our waistlines are happy we don't....they have amazingly yummy bakery goods and make their own ice cream (peanut butter cup flavor anyone?!?!?), and make milkshakes, pies, cakes. for dinner i had a yummy turkey pot pie and greg had the mac and cheese. both were tasty but so huge and filling...i only ate 1/2 my pie. also we shared a cup of texas beef and bean chili, that was amazingly filling too...and their slice of cornbread was divine with butter. with dinner they also served these 2 huge homemade rolls that we couldn't even eat 1 of. afterwards we walked down the street and got some tart natural yogurt with fruit...these places are in almost every town now and i am slowly working my way through trying all of them as they are all privately owned and each one makes their yogurt slightly different. this place actually uses fresh greek yogurt they make and then they freeze it themselves which is different from some of the other places. this one was just 'okay' tasting...not tart enough and too creamy for me ... the ones closer to our house are my favorites so glad to see that i'm not missing much by living 35 min from this one.

anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying a nice sunday. linda hope you are feeling better!!! dreamer, i'd try upping cardio for a while and seeing if that helps. you may not have to sustain it but it would be nice to see if it does anything. same with you steph...i'd just keep experimenting with things and see what sticks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and here are the pancakes...they don''t look so bad huh???
31.gif

protein pancakes.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My weekend was way too short. I am still working on laundry. I didn’t do any house work except dishes after cooking meals. Aak. We did have a great time in Denver yesterday. I bought some great clothes on close out. The biggest find was a $100 Land’s End coat for $35. It’s the same one I bought last fall but a smaller size. Of course my highlight of the day was getting new wedding rings. My DH hopes these are keepers so he doesn’t have to keep going back and getting something else. My eating was not horrid but certainly more fattening than normal. Some of it was eating out, some of it was nervous eating but tomorrow is back to work and back on track.
We walked a lot yesterday and my feet and knees are still pretty weak / sore today. I haven’t had this problem in a long time so now I am worried the TM might have flared up my knees and feet more than I thought. It could be a fluke; it’s hard to say. I would say I walked or stood about 6 to 7 hours. I am better now than this morning but certainly didn’t recover overnight. Rats to that. I will let this heal then try the TM again to see if it brings back any of the stiffness or soreness.
8.gif

Fancy, yay for getting in some lovely walks this weekend. I hope you picked up some of the low fat ice cream. It’s quite tasty.
Phoenix, glad you got your new car but sorry they pulled that hooey on you at the dealer. It’s always good to walk away. I am glad you are feeling better.
Somethingshiny, my husband has been lucky by telling dealers our bottom dollar and we ended up getting great deals on both our truck and our car. We had issues when we bought our RV last fall and I had to be the one that hounded the dealer to get our $1000 back that they PROMISED not to cash the check I gave them for a deposit but then they did. Aak.
Mara, I am glad your new TV is awesome. You’ll love your HD DVR. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Yippee for your pants fitting looser. My DH will try any new recipe as he likes variety. Your pancakes sound and look great.
Steph, congratulations for getting the time to go for a 3 mile run.
Linda, I am sorry to hear you got the flu. Take it easy and get better soon.
Rod, yay for comfort food for dinner last night. It’s nice sometimes. I had a great time shopping, thanks. New clothes and new rings – what more could a girl ask for? I am glad the weather was so nice in Tampa; it was in the 50’s yesterday but it is cold, windy and snowy again today.
DD, I hope your cold gets better. Congratulations for loosing 5 pounds.
Take care everyone and have a great week.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone........

It was a very nice day. The weather just can't be nicer. Today's high made it to about 80, with low humidity, clear blue skies and cool breezes. I actually slept really well again last night, so I was awake earlier than I normally would on a Sunday morning and we lounged on the terrace and watched the cruise ships sail and runners, joggers, bikers, skaters and walkers on the sidewalk. We had a smaller breakfast as we decided to go out for breakfast again like we did last Sunday. I'm not sure why all of the sudden we've developed a taste for breakfast foods, but it is something we had pretty much cut out of our diet during our rebuild campaigns, so it's kind of fun to have them again. I had Eggs Benedict and Charlie had Eggs with homefries and toast. Both were really good and since we were heading to the gym later, I figure the eggs offered a bit of a protein boost. Then we sat under the oak and had a nice cup of coffee, followed by a good and long workout. Nothing earth shaking to report of course, but a nice workout none-the-less. For dinner, we grilled filets, with fresh silver queen corn and a nice tomato, cucumber and onion salad. And we just got back in from a nice long soak in the hot tub. There's almost a full moon tonight, so it was just fantastic soaking in the hot tub under the bright night sky!

I forgot to mention that yesterday we ran into some neighbors from our old neighborhood that we hadn't seen in nearly two years. Anyway, they couldn't get over how much weight I'd lost and she kept touching my arms and chest and exclaiming (a little too loud in a public place) that I had become a "Hunk!" That certainly was an ego boost!

Mara, while I'm definitely doing really well with healthy foods as you know, I'm sort of with Greg on the pancakes. If I'm going to have pancakes, I kind of want the nice fluffy buttermilk ones driping with butter and maple syrup. Charlie on the other hand would have absolutely loved the pancakes you made as he makes us whole wheat pancakes, which I try to like, but find them just a little too tough and cardboard'ish. Your pictures made them look terrific I must admit.

Phoenix, I hope you had a great run!!

Glad to help Steph. Cardio certainly helped me lose a lot of weight. Now I do it because I love it and I know it's really such a great thing to do for my heart and lungs! I'm sure since I have slowly begun adding some foods that I had completely given up, cardio also helps me maintain my lower weight as I don't seem to be gaining pounds these days.

Yay for new clothes (smaller of course) and new wedding rings Marcy!! I hope your knees and feet feel better soon.

Not many posts for the day, so I hope everyone's had an enjoyable day and weekend. I'll see you all in next week's thread.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 2:58:54 PM
Author: Mara
oh and here are the pancakes...they don''t look so bad huh???
31.gif

Those look amazing! and with 20 grams of protein? Wow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, woo hoo for being a "hunk". That is awesome she was so impressed by the new you. I am glad you had a lovely day and that is great to hear you slept well.

Well, my laptop space bar isn''t working so I guess I will quit typing.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results