shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Sept till 16th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 6:54:54 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Afternoon All,

Thanks for the encouragement about my lame 2 lbs. I''m not going to worry about it until we get back from NY as we have a gorge fest planned while we''re there and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.

The observation went well, jas. I really love this teacher, I want to student teach in her rooom this spring.

Skip, no worries about the 2 lbs, it''s a trend I started, so just blame me!

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Kimi, you are too cute. Ooooooh, NY, when do you go? Very exciting!!!!
36.gif

I forgot to tell you the concert was great! I am not a country fan but Trisha Yearwood was awesome and I ended up liking several of her songs.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 6:57:31 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 9/13/2007 6:54:54 PM
Afternoon All,

Thanks for the encouragement about my lame 2 lbs. I'm not going to worry about it until we get back from NY as we have a gorge fest planned while we're there and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.

The observation went well, jas. I really love this teacher, I want to student teach in her rooom this spring.

Skip, no worries about the 2 lbs, it's a trend I started, so just blame me!

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Kimi, you are too cute. Ooooooh, NY, when do you go? Very exciting!!!!
36.gif

I forgot to tell you the concert was great! I am not a country fan but Trisha Yearwood was awesome and I ended up liking several of her songs.
9.gif
We leave next week, we'll be gone for 4 nights. John got us tickets to see Jimmy Buffett at Madison Square Garden. I couldn't be more excited! So glad you had fun at the concert. I love going to concerts, even when I don't have a thing for the performer(s).

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Campers.........

Rod has nothing healthy to report. It was a "bloody" (for you Dear Lorelei Blahdy) long day and I had a headache and charlie wasn''t feeling 100%, so we bagged the gym and headed to our favorite diner for dinner and a frozen yogurt afterwards. I''m sure an extra day of rest won''t kill us, but we did have every intention of hitting the gym right after work like we usually do on Thursday. Now, we could be good boys and skip Friday night Sushi and go workout in place of tonight, but I don''t want to responsible for tipping the universe on it''s side and possibly ending life on this planet as we know it, all because we changed our Friday night routine for a workout. So fear not my dear friends, we will still have Sushi, Frozen Yogurt and Coffee (in that order too) tomorrow night and you can go to sleep tomorrow night confident the world will continue spinning on course!

Lorelei, I''m so sorry to hear how your treadmill has gone "Pahnts" on you. I hope it''s s simple fix and you''re back on it soon.

I laughed out loud Kimberly that you''ve started a 2 lb trend. If I eat like I did tonight more often, your trend would likely pay a visit to me too!

Skippy, no worries, 2 lbs, aint nothing. You''ll likely shed them quickly and could be nothing more than water. Personally, I don''t worry about a couple pound variance.

Jas, I''m glad our words held value for you. I just hope you dont'' subjugate yourself too much in a bad situation. It can drag you down and you''re just too full of life to be pulled down. Glad you and HH are looking to squeeze out a couple kids in the future. I now have this image in my head, but won''t go there.......haha

Monnie, it sounds like your job is going well. You can tell when you write about it (even with late arrivin customers) that you are energized by what you''re doing!! I haven''t had Subway in forever. It wasn''t one of my favs even when I was a much bigger boy, so I guess I''m not missing it either. Anyway, glad you are doing so well!

That''s about all the news that''s fit to print. Have a "grahnd" evening everyone!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Really, Rod, 2 lbs is absolutely miniscule, and I get that...but this is ridiculous...if you gain 2 lbs I''m going to have to stage a coup or something exciting.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2007 9:18:03 PM
Really, Rod, 2 lbs is absolutely miniscule, and I get that...but this is ridiculous...if you gain 2 lbs I''m going to have to stage a coup or something exciting.
Well, you won''t need to stage a coup or anything that drastic my dear. If I gain two pounds, it will be because piggy Rod had the following to eat tonight (and the night''s not over, so there''s still eating time left):

1. A bowl of beef noodle soup
2. A fried chicken sandwich (the best fried chicken sandwich you could have but fried none-the-less with remoulade sauce and provologne cheese
3. A small Caesar salad, (but it had a bit too much dressing, yet Rod ate it anyway!)
4. An 8 ounce serving of Active Culture Green Tea Frozen Yogurt with fresh Strawberries
5. A fresh South Carolina peach - oh so fresh and just yummy

So, you see, Rod went piggy tonight and that''s how he''ll gain 2 lbs, if he continues to be such an oinker.......LOL

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 9:34:37 PM
Author: Rod

Well, you won''t need to stage a coup or anything that drastic my dear. If I gain two pounds, it will be because piggy Rod had the following to eat tonight (and the night''s not over, so there''s still eating time left):

2. A fried chicken sandwich (the best fried chicken sandwich you could have but fried none-the-less with remoulade sauce and provologne cheese
3. A small Caesar salad, (but it had a bit too much dressing, yet Rod ate it anyway!)
4. An 8 ounce serving of Active Culture Green Tea Frozen Yogurt with fresh Strawberries

So, you see, Rod went piggy tonight and that''s how he''ll gain 2 lbs, if he continues to be such an oinker.......LOL

Hey Rod, would you mind taking credit for the brownie I just ate? I''ll owe you.
12.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got it Jas!!!! By osmosis, I hereby take credit for the brownie you just ate. Man, it was good too!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 9:44:44 PM
You got it Jas!!!! By osmosis, I hereby take credit for the brownie you just ate. Man, it was good too!!
Yay, and my banana bread too? I know 2 lbs ain't a lot just a frustrating day because I wanted to go in the other direction. heeeheee

Well, I could have thrown in the towel because my cousin cancelled and my hubby knew I was frustrated so he asked if I was staying in. I said no, put on my tennis shoes and went for a 40 min walk; would have been longer but the sun went down fast.
Hubby was so sweet and made me feel good by saying he had the best idea. I asked what and he said let's go hiking Sunday Morning; he is the best. heeeheee

Rod, did you take the bemmer out for a spin? When you guys go out how do you decide which bemmer to take???
20.gif
Do you take turns?

Kimi, your trip sounds fantastic!!! That is so sweet John got you guys tickets to see Jimmy Buffett.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 9:38:11 PM
Author: jas

Hey Rod, would you mind taking credit for the brownie I just ate? I''ll owe you.
12.gif
LOL, Jas....your post cracked me up!!!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Well, I had a tough time getting around to working out tonite but promised myself I''d go do my interval run and if I still was hating it after 2 miles I would quit. Once I got started, I was fine with doing the full 3 miles - half the job is over when it''s begun I guess!

I discovered these fab Boca morning wraps with scrambled egg whites, peppers, onion, cheese (I think), and veggie sausage in a whole wheat wrap. They are REALLY good and have 14 g of protein in them. They only had 200 cals, so I was pretty pumped. Always looking for new breakfast options with a lot of protein. For lunch I had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with monterey jack cheese and some sun chips. Dinner was a grilled salmon salad from panera and their low-fat black bean soup....my fav. I''m about to sit down with a bowl of my low fat ice cream as a reward for my workout.

Tomorrow is a busy work day and I have to squeeze in a 6 mile run....but at least it''s a FRIDAY!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

Rod, it will be a good coup...I don''t know, maybe one that involves working less playing more; I''m feeling powerful having started a trend, a coup would be even better!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, how cool that you get to see Jimmy B. in New York!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!
36.gif

I slept in a bit this morning but finally dragged myself out of bed and took the dogs for a quick 1.5 mile walk, I didn''t have to get to work until noon and the weather was gorgeous so it worked out well. Got home tonight around 8:30, I should''ve been home about half an hour earlier but I got stuck at a RR crossing and not one but two long freights came through and both of them ended up stopping for like 10 minutes at a time...I was blocked in by traffic behind me so I couldn''t even turn around and get to the viaduct to get under them, argh. I am currently sipping a glass of pinot grigio I found at TJ''s for $5 that is fabulous, I''ve only had a couple cheapo bottles from there that didn''t turn out to be so great, otherwise I am always pleased with their offerings!

I had fruit for breakfast with a slice of ww toast, a liquid lunch of Adwalla berry something or other with lots of B6 and B12 vitamin content (240 calories), and then dinner was a baby greens salad with fresh sliced tomatoes and about 7 cheese tortellinis with pesto from TJ''s...DH is OOT tonight, I THINK he''s in Tulsa right now but he''s on a two day trip that consisted of Kansas and Oklahoma and I''m not sure which state he is currently in, lol.

Tomorrow''s a shorter day, we close at 5 and DH and I have plans to go out to dinner which we haven''t done for a while on a Friday night, should be a nice time.

Take care everyone, and keep up the great work!
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi all! Rod, your dinner does not sound like a terrible splurge. Seriously. Compared to the damage I can do at Indian Buffet, that's nothing! Glad you enjoyed it and I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Mara, glad you are back from your traveling! I always hated work travel when I had it for my old job - I would come back behind on work and behind on home stuff. But I never got to go anywhere very glamorous either so I think that would make up for it!

Kimberly, hope you are getting over your cold.

DeeJay, how are the pups doing? Better I hope.

Jas, I am really sorry your work is a drag. I think you are doing a great job of trying to look on the bright side. How long are you committed to this position? I hope you can change to something with NICE people before too long!

Monarch, glad you are still liking your new job! It was nice reading more about you on the who's who. Thaniks for your suggestion a few pgs back about fat grams - I'll keep that in mind!

Skippy, your walks and hikes sound like fun!

Marcy, congrats on your continued progress!

So, I have tried two favorites of the WWT thread and LOVE them! I'm talking about FAGE and Fiber 1! All this time in my head I was thinking Fage rhymed with Page, but on the container it says fay-yeh. In my mind it still rhymes w/ page though. I really like it! I have been having it with a bit of honey. (I just don't like splenda.) I have been having it w/ breakfast and then tonight I had one for dessert too. I need to find the big container of it. I"ve been buying the individual servings and I'm sure it is more cost effective to get the big tub - but I haven't seen it yet. TJs only had the full fat version, and if I am eating 23 grams of fat in one serving, you can bet it is not going to be from yogurt. My grocery had the 2% in individual tubs and it is great!

I have been having fiber 1 too as a snack, and I really like it. It is somehow more palatable than all bran, although I haven't compared the nutrition info. I had fiber one as a "topping" for breyers light no-sugar-added ice cream the other night and it was really good! (I know I jsut said I don't like splenda, and I usually don't, but actually I don't mind it in that ice cream for some reason.)

Went to a butt kicking class tonight which is kind of a hybrid cardio and sculpting class. It is a nice mix-up to my usual workout routine. We've been walking the dogs about 30 min every night too at a relaxed pace, so I don't even count that as exercise, but it might burn an extra 100 or so. I'm still tracking everythng in the online food diary, and it keeps me honest. So far every day my net calories have been in the weight loss zone. I haven't seen anything drastic but holding steady at 22 lb lost. I realize that it has taken me nearly 2 yrs to lose 22 lb, (sometimes steady loss but then months of plateau), and I've really made this a sustainable lifestyle meaning I don't feel deprived at all - so even if it takes another 2 years to get to my goal, yeah, that's slow, but that's better than yo-yoing or not making progress at all. Of course, I'd rather be at my goal, uh, YESTERDAY, but I'm trying to be positive. It's frustrating seeing how slow my progress has been compared with the effort I'm putting in, but I am sure that eating healthy and exercising has other health benefits even if the scale/tape measure aren't exactly where I want.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gail, would you believe I''m still sick? I can''t! Runny nose, worn out, blech!

Monnie, I''m so excited about seeing Mr. Buffett at MSG, it will be my 15th or so time seeing him, but I''ve never been there. It was so sweet of John, who isn''t really fan.

We had chicken, green beans and salad for dinner, yummy!

night all...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone! This is my Friday. We took tomorrow off to go camping. Woo hoo!

36.gif

Even better news though I started the day a pound lighter putting me at -123 pounds. I was out of my usual shortbread sandies 100 cal snack pack for my afternoon snack today so I was at the candy machine buying something and sure freaked a lot of people out. I bought a 4 pack of Milano’s and gave 2 of them away IMMEDIATELY. 2 of them were 115 calories and the funny thing is I think I like my little shortbread sandies better.

We are both really tired tonight. I think my husband slept an hour last night and since he was up, reading and walking around I didn’t sleep well either. I probably slept about 4 hours total. We had to get up and dressed by 6 because the people who wanted to buy our old trailer were coming over to pick it up this morning. Wow, they paid us in cash. I was sure nervous and anxious to the get to the bank today. We paid off our old trailer with our sale and made a whooping 71 cents. I am just glad to be rid of the extra trailer payment. I even made us pancakes and bacon for breakfast since we were up so early.

Monarch, I envy the fun you are having helping people pick out their treasures. The sapphire ring and pendant sound great. Sapphires are my favorite. I am sure you customers appreciate and know that you don’t mind helping them out even if it is at closing.
Lorelei, sorry to hear about your treadmill. I’d let you use mine but it would be a heck of a long way to come for a workout. That is impressive the company got back to you already. I hope they can fix it from afar for you.
Kimberly, that would be wonderful if you get to teach that class in the spring. I am sure running around after children all day is a great workout. I love many JB song’s; I would love to see him in concert some day. I sure hope you get well soon.
Hi MrsSalvo. I hope you are having a great day.
Mara, that is great you had a new workout and already don’t feel sore from the new exercises. That’s a nice compliment from your coworker.
Skippy, no worries; your 2 pounds will come right back off. Sorry you are kind of bummed out today; but it sounds like your luncheon visit with your friend helped. That is wonderful you enjoyed the concert.
Dixie, it sounds like you have a great balance between workouts, eating right with an occasional splurge. I think we’d be more likely to not stick to our healthy eating routines if we never had a day or two off. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement about my weight loss.
Jas, sorry you have to work with such nasty / constipated people. It is a good thing the kids are great. Thank you for being excited with and for me. Squeezing out kids, LOL.
Rod, thank you for saving the world from certain destruction tomorrow. You deserve 2 days off this week; after all you had those agonizing days without your baby BMW.
Mmm, brownies.
Tdiddy, have a great run tomorrow. I plan on going on some nice hikes while we are camping.
Gail, congratulations on loosing 22 pounds. I think you are doing great and know you will reach your goal whether it is soon or a few years from now. I think the more gradual the changes in your body; the better it is for you. Thank you for my congrats.
Well, I am yawning so I’d best go get ready for bed.
I’ll be back Sunday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!!

so if rod was a piggy today, i was a serious oinker!! i ended up getting chocolate covered almonds at TJ's and ate like 4 servings...eeeee!!!! but i had a light lunch and a super light dinner, and we did a 1 hour 45 minute hike tonite, so i figure that they powered my exercise, hee hee. i ate about 900 cals of them most likely and the hike was probably like 650 cals so it's a wash right? hee. anyway the funny thing is because everything else was light today, my cals are still under 1800. and i even had some slow churned.

lunch was TJ's egg salad on flaxseed toast and the seaweed edamame salad. dinner was salmon burgers from TJ's (110 cals and 20g protein for one!) and green beans with fresh lemon, a bit of EVOO and cracked black pepper.

the hike today was great, i was afraid i'd be really sore, and i was pretty sore, but i was so glad that we went out and did about 5.2m together.

jas, lol re the brownie...maybe rod can claim my almonds too?? yeah! rod, you crack me up, you hardly ever actually pig out, what you ate was NOT that bad. try eating 3 pieces of cake then 2 cupcakes or something and then talk to me about pigging out!!

gail, glad you found the fage and fiber, yummy!! tdiddy, i bought those boca breakfast wraps but i haven't eaten any yet, i don't remember why, hahaa. they seemed interesting but then i somehow lost interest. yay skippy for you going out even though today could have been a wash!! when i got home tonite the prospect of cooking was so unappealing that i suggested to greg we get a pizza, hehe a guilty pleasure and lots of carbs. greg was like hmm. but then i said, nope we should eat these salmon burgers, way more healthy and yummy too. so we did that and the veggies. perfect!! and way better for us.

anyhow, hope everyone had a good thursday...friday is tomorrow whee. not sure what we are doing tomorrow night...but i plan to get a 4m walk in at some point with some jumping jacks and maybe some arm work then we'll figure out dinner. i'm having sushi with a girlfriend on saturday night which should be really fun. have a great evening everyone. kim hope you kick that cold very soon!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy! Totally forgot to respond to your earlier post when you mentioned your nickname used to be "Giggles!" That is just too funny, we have so much in common! I LOVE to laugh, always have, and it''s good for your heart! Wonder how many calories laughing burns? Just kidding, that''s getting a little too obsessed in my book, hee hee. I love to make people laugh too, although my mom and brother are the comedians in our family...my dad and I are more covert with one-liners unexpectedly inserted at certain times, but my mom and bro have people constantly in stitches, especially me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2007 8:53:46 PM
Evening Campers.........

Rod has nothing healthy to report. It was a ''bloody'' (for you Dear Lorelei Blahdy) long day and I had a headache and
Lorelei, I''m so sorry to hear how your treadmill has gone ''Pahnts'' on you. I hope it''s s simple fix and you''re back on it soon.

That''s about all the news that''s fit to print. Have a ''grahnd'' evening everyone!!
Hahaha!!!!! Your Britspeak is most impressive Rod!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you are doing so well, kudos!!! You rock and I bet you feel fantastic and energized. whooo hooo!!! Enjoy your camping trip!

Tdiddy, yay for your 3 mile run, great job for not quitting. I will have to check out the boca morning wraps.

Monnie great job getting up early and taking your cutie pie pups for a walk and getting your exercise in.
9.gif

Gail, it is good to see ya. hehee Your cardio/ muscle workout sounds great! Great job for staying positive.

Mara, I am super duper impressed you can hike 5 miles. You are the energizer bunny for sure in my book!!! Thanks for the positive thoughts for me; you are so sweet and positive!

DeeJay how is Dino doing? I have been sending good healing vibes.

Hubby got up early this morning on his day off to help build a Habit for Humanity home; those things make me love hubby even more. Well I will go for my walk earlier this evening since it has been getting dark. TGIF!!!!
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
marcy, you continue to be my hero!

Skip/Giggles, that is so sweet of your hubby! It makes me love him too!

Mara, I hope to kick this stupid cold too, I can''t believe I''m still sniffling after almost 2 weeks.

I''m observing today and then we''re going to a Padres game tonight so I probably won''t check in later. It will be our other splurge night this week. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

This has just been the best 48 hours! First of all I successfully negotiated an earlier exit from my financial company (from the end of February up to Oct 12!), I got a contract signed off on that I had some serious doubts would ever go ahead, and a foreclosure that one of my clients made on offer on on MAY 7TH (yes, over four months ago) just (as in 10 minutes ago!) got the clear to close. Of course now they want to close within the next two business days, which is literally impossible, but we can probably get it done before the end of the month.

Foodwise I was a train wreck yesterday, but I enjoyed every bite of it! I even have some left over pizza in the fridge for lunch. (Rod, any part of what I ate yesterday that you would like to take "credit" for is fine with me!)

Every night this week I''ve spent with clients so no workouts since last Sunday (
38.gif
) and I am going to dinner with a client tonight too, but I''ll be right back at the gym bright and early tomorrow morning.

As for the pups; all seems to be well (for the moment). The Demon''s foot/claw doesn''t appear to be bothering him, the rice did the trick with the puppy, and they are their normal bouncy selves.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay DJ for a successful mass of things happening to you (feb to oct for leaving your old co is awesome)...don'tcha just love when everything aligns itself just so? it happens so rarely, enjoy it.

marcy, good for you on giving away 2 of the cookies right away, i try to do that too a lot of the time. or if people don't want them, i toss them in the trash. sure it's wasteful but better the trash to balloon up than me. hehee. congrats on selling your old trailer.

kim, i remember skimming over some talk about this, but did you see the DR? if not, after 2 weeks i might call to at least get a checkup. typically if i don't feel better within a few weeks i will at least call and see if they want me to come in even though it's def not my fave thing to do. is the cold at least 'progressing' like through different stages? if so, you probably just have to wait it out. maybe try to get more rest as well.

skip, hubby is super sweet, you two are the perfect pair!! have a good walk today.

happy friday all...seems like our little group has fallen into a bit of a routine with each other and ourselves on here!!! do we have any new blood lurking that would like to share? anyone read any interesting articles about weight loss or workouts or similar that they would like to share?

i don't know if i posted this previously but i am thinking of doing the low GI thing a little more religiously again in about a week...i have some eating out things happening this wkd and monday but i am thinking like tuesday i can start on it again for 2 weeks. i am considering doing a cycle of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off just to keep my overall long term eating a lot cleaner with less white carbs/flour/sweets

anyhow, short update this morning for me. ate my cereal and berry mix with coffee and ff milk. lunch will be the same, egg white salad on flaxseed toasted bread and another seaweed edamame salad. for dinner tonite, going to see if our neighbors would like to hang out and then figure out dinner from there...since it'll be takeout. plan to go for a walk today, was thinking of 4m but then i thought hmmm maybe i should give my legs a bit of a break. they are pretty sore from the cumulative trainer and hike workout and the trainer was kind of scolding me for not giving them a day's rest after our workout together. but i had planned the hike a long time ago with my girlfriend so i just didn't want to bail. and greg wants to do a hike this wkd which really can only happen on saturday due to schedules this wkd....so i figure today i should maybe take it a bit easier...thinking maybe just a 2-3m flat walk to keep the legs loose. oh and random note is that my thighs do seem a bit thinner which is sweet...not like they were a huge problem area before but it's nice to see some results happening at least with all this moaning and groaning and pain!!! happy fri all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I haven''t seen the MD. If it had moved into my chest or ears and turned into an infection I would have, but at this point it''s just a runny nose sorta thing and there''s nothing that can be done to treat a virus. I think my body is struggling a bit to fight it because I''ve been pushing myself pretty hard these past few weeks between school and work (and there''s no letting up in sight between all of the jobs I have coming up, our trip, and all of the school work that I need to complete).

On a happier note, I got on the scale this morning and it read 126.8. It''s the first time in about 4 weeks that I''ve seen anything but 127.something. I know it will go back up after our trip but it''s nice to know that I''m not forever stuck at 127. ha ha ha

Off to my observation. Have a great day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you Dee with all the great stuff happening!

Kimmi I hope you feel better soon!

Pants treadmill seems to have an intermittent fault, I must say the customer service of the company we purchased it from has been excellent. They have been emailing us with advice, but it seems we won''t hear anything else until next week now. But no problem, the fact that they have been so prompt with our queries means a lot - VERY happy on that score!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello friends! this week has been non-stop busy for me both at work and after work, so i haven''t had time to keep up with the thread - i hope everyone is doing great. i am looking forward to catching up and relaxing this weekend!

i started a west african dance class last night and it was awesome! i had so much fun and it was also a great workout - my heart was definitely pumping. it will be a great change from the usual gym workout once a week. lots of the moves are done with your feet spread in a squatting position, so i think that i''m going to get some nice toning in my thighs as well.
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

It was an interesting day to say the least. Where to start. OK, my car. I got up this morning and had an issue with the brake pedal being hard to push and if you can''t push it, you can''t start the car, but I pushed really hard, got it started, called the dealer and they said I should bring it in. So, I go directly to the dealer and at check-in, the service advisor starts going around my car to ensure nothings dinged or anything (of course they don''t want to have you come pick it up later and have you accuse them of dinging it or anytihing - makes sense) and he starts running his finger across my driver''s door and right then I saw it. Yep, a ding. Somehow, somewhere (even though I park a million miles from any othe car) someone dinged my drivers door. So, of course they have a paintless dent remover guy on staff and for $100 they say they can remove it without the need to paint, so I agree. Of course throughout the day they could never duplicate the hard brake thing (Why oh why do cars misbehave at home, but act completely normal at the doctor''s??? - Huh - WHY??), but they make some sort of adjustment and I pick up the car after work and the ding was gone as promised. That''s the amazing part. How on earth can they take a metal surface and without scratching it, or causing any harm, completely suck out a ding to the point it is absolutely gone?? So, at the ripe old age of 425 miles, my car has had the back bumper hit and repainted, a door ding removed and a service call. I''m just hoping the stupid thing can make it to 1,000 miles without being totalled. LOL Maybe now, everything that could happen to a new car (they do seem to be magnets for mishaps when new - I wish I knew why on that one too??) has happened and I can just finally start enjoying it.

So, on another odd note, one of the companies I interviewed with a year ago, who is much larger than my current company, who I thought was just not interested in me, calls me out of the blue today and has this opening that is exactly what my expertise is. I don''t know how I feel about this. I''m not unhappy at my old job. It''s comfortable. I''m doing well. But, while there was a time I would have shown loyalty to a fault, I no longer feel the same way, after they laid me off a year ago this month (amazing that it''s been a year isn''t it?) and those of you who know me well, know what turmoil that caused and the unhappy move to Raleigh, etc., that I feel I should at least explore the option. Plus they came out and said they would pay me much more than I''m currently making so that would be hard to ignore too. At least I''m in a good position. I''m not looking for a job. I don''t really need a job, so having someone pursue me is a nice thing. And I made it clear they would have to woo me. I''m not going to beg them for the job, that''s for sure.

At least tonight was a nice normal evening. After I picked up my car, I met Charlie at favorite Sushi #1 and we had a fabulous dinner (aren''t you glad the sun will come out tomorrow and we saved the universe from certain doom by keeping our routine intact?). Followed of course by our oh so good and healthy frozen yogurt, then of course a Starbucks coffee under our oak tree. It was a beautiful evening, clear sky, warm, but not too warm, with lower humidity. We just got out of the pool and spa and now I''m writing you all.

Good for you having the chocolate covered almods Mara. I''m thinking that wasn''t such a bad indulgence either. Almonds have good fat and protein and chocolate''s heart healthy. A bit more heart healthy than a "Fried Chicken" sandwich.......LOL

You probably won''t see this, but have a great time camping Marcy!!

Skippy, how wonderful that hubby helps with Habitat for Humanity. Please tell him I that''s a really terrific and admirable thing to do!!

Kimberly, summertime and early fall colds are the worst. I''m sure you''ll be better soon. Enjoy the concert.

Lorelei, I''m glad my britspeak made sense!!

You go Gail. Your workout sounded inspiring!!

Yay on negotiating an early out contract DeeJay. I was afraid they''d never let you pursue what you wanted. I know they were being selfish and I''m sure we all know why. You''re a keeper and they didn''t want to lose you. But, I''m glad you''ll be able to move on now!

I hope I haven''t left anyone out. Tomorrow, we''re actually going to the jewelry store where we had our rings custom made. Charlie''s pretty rough on his and has banged it and his blue diamond is lose. I''m concerned he''ll lose it and it''s just too beautiful for that. So, we''ll drive to Clearwater, drop off our rings (I''ll leave my for an annual inspection and polishing) and they''ll either send them to us, or we''ll pick them up next weekend. I''ll miss my sparkly friend for sure. The rest of the weekend should be relatively calm.

Sleep well my friends!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
Oh no for the hectic morning and ding (darn that dinger); glad it got fixed. I thought of you tonight because I knew you were having sushi and hubby and I went for sushi too. heeeheee

Kimi, how was the observation? Enjoy the game! Thanks for thinking my hubby is a good guy; I think he is great too. heehee
Your hubby sounds like a doll (I think big hearted people are attracted to each other).

Dee, I hope you sell the house this weekend!!! Sending ps dust your way. Yay for your last work day being Oct 12 and not Feb!!!!!
36.gif

Mara, that is a sweet compliment; thanks! I was reading your WW thread and I didn't know your mom was a teacher (my mom too)! Mara, do you have a list of the low GI foods or could you pretty please scan it in for us if it isn't too much trouble?? Have fun w/the neighbors!!!

Lorelei, darn for them not being able to fix your treadmill till next week.

Shortblond your dance class sounds like a blast, whoo hooo!

Well I didn't walk so I got to walk tomorrow. Hubby was pooped when he came home; this is his 3rd HH home. I am proud that he enjoys helping out. Thanks for the sweet hubby compliments. Happy Friday and sweet dreams.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! we just got back from the neighbors and i''m having a bit of slow churned before bedtime soon. dinner tonite was cuban from this local yummy place...and they even let us buy a pitcher of white sangria to go which was pretty funny, i had to bring a glass pitcher and they filled it and i packed it in the back of the trunk and got it home! their sangria is super yummy so i am glad we were able to do that. i had a yummy seabass that i typically get, in a red tomato and white wine sauce with steamed veggies instead of rice, and also had some black beans. and we had the yummiest garbanzo bean soup with chorizo...sooo tasty. so i got a ton of protein and fiber tonite as well with dinner.

ended up doing a 1.5m walk this evening but nothing vigorous at all...trying to take it easy today so that greg and i can do a hike tomorrow and feel pretty good. eating otherwise was quite good, regular breakfast, plain oatmeal with sf syrup for snack, egg white salad and flaxseed bread with seaweed and edamame salad for lunch, cold fuji apple for snack, blueberry yogurt luna bar for a late afternoon snack, then dinner. and slow churned for dessert.

tomorrow we plan to do our hike in the morning, and then maybe take portia to this annual doggie park fair event that is near to us. dinner is with a girlfriend for yummy sushi while greg is at a rehearsal. so a kind of full day but should be fun. the weather is quite nice now, about 80 most days after the early morning fog wears off so it''s end of summer weather enjoyment for sure.

haha rod, i agree re the almonds actually. i was like well at least almonds are good for you and the chocolate was dark bittersweet so it was ''heart healthy''...could have been a way worse splurge for sure (aka like 3 donuts!). sorry to hear about your car having so many issues rod, what a drag!!

sb yay for a fun new class. my training facility is teaching a zumba class which is all the rage out here, some type of latin type cardio dance class, supposed to be quite fun. so i would like to try it, just have to get around to it!

skippy, i posted a list of foods that are on the low GI diet about 2-3 weeks ago if you can find it...it was quite a long post to recreate. but the bottom line basically is mostly whole, unprocessed foods that are high in protein and low in carbs, and especially avoiding white flour and carbs and fruits/veggies/items high in sugar and carbs (aka avoid carrots, corn, white breads, white rices, white pastas, pineapple, grapes), try to eat lots of beans and veggies and fruits. no soft drinks or anything processed like that which i don''t drink anyway. for cereals she let me have high fiber and protein only, like kashi go lean. ff milk and all types of nonfat or 2% dairy was okay. i could have sprouted (no preservatives) high fiber protein wheatish breads. so really it wasn''t that hard for me to follow, it was eating just a bit better than i typically do, but with no sweets and white bread which are both my downfall. she allowed me one sweet per day, so i did slow churned at night, she just said to keep that ''treat'' sugar under 20g. slow churned mint choco chip is 13g for 1 serving. so overall it''s not that hard to follow...i could have had brown pastas if i liked pasta (don''t really) and i had my bread for toast and all that. so it wasn''t like i couldnt have ANY bread or ANY cereal or whatever. hope that helps! i did like doing it for a few weeks but i do have to kind of mentally think okay like 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off works for me better than trying to do it super long-term because i do like to have my treats sometimes! but i did lose weight on it when i was having problems losing before.

so anyway that''s my update for tonite...almost time for bed. i took an hour long nap this afternoon because i felt really tired...so i feel okay now but would love to get some long sleep in. hope everyone had a good friday and is looking fwd to a great sat!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
goodmorning all. i hope everyone is enjoying their sat. it was a gorgeous 59 degrees this morning when I got up for my weekly magic mountain hike. Just beautiful and I love that it seems like fall like temps. are slowly creeping in...we did our walk in under an hour today which is a record for us. normally Zoe stops and our constant gabbing slows us down but today we just cranked it which was great. starbucks was good too which is the best part of the morning...

hope everyone has a wonderful relaxing day!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday All!

Rod, I''m so sorry about your car troubles! The job offer sounds quite interesting.

Skip, the observation was awesome; I told the teacher she is who I want to be when I grow up. The kids were active and engaged all day long, nary a textbook in sight, except to be used as a reference. It was truly amazing. If she weren''t pregnant and due in the spring I''d beg her to take me on as a student teacher.

The baseball game was fun, we had awesome seats (17th row behind 1st base). Our home team won and I got to see Barry Bonds hit a home run.

I had a hot dog and J and I split some fries for dinner. Not too terrible for a splurge night.

I have school work to do today and I''m ready for some football!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

~K

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results