shape
carat
color
clarity

Wednesday Blues <3

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
:mrgreen2:

I understand concern with 8 prongs on a 5mm sapphire.

So he just gave me two new options when I proposed my worries which were:

-8 tabby prongs on a 5mm sapphire for design 1
-the prongs on design 2 look too large or prominent

So he redid both, design one now only has 4 tabby prongs and looks like a true gypsy-set and design two has scaled down prongs!

What do you think?
I love both arrrgghhg

icm_fullxfull.272096549_6y5k5fe7rpk4kk0w880c.jpg
icm_fullxfull.267858104_7uj4476p3wg00swc44ww.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
& I've decided
:appl:

All of my inspiration rings included those small four rounded prongs so I had to go with my original design and I love how it looks with them scaled down!

I can't wait to see the finished ring and see the pairing of Fate with a buttery 18k yellow gold!

icm_fullxfull.267858104_7uj4476p3wg00swc44ww.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
& She's done!
:dance:

I cannot wait to see her in person and no shade to Dan but his photos seem to never show the true beauty of the pieces he makes! I think the 18k yellow gold balanced the blue sapphire out splendidly!

I should have it late next week & will update & finalize this thread!

icm_fullxfull.273798005_na0ajpj3jmogk44gs0kg (1).jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! Beautiful and looks comfortable too. That will get second looks :)

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher & @Begonia
Awwwe shucks! Thank you ladies!
It was a simple little project but sometimes simple things with good incredients turn out wonderfully.

Ceylon blue sapphire + buttery yellow 18k = Magic!
:kiss2:

I bet I'll love it's magic in person!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
& She's done!

I cannot wait to see her in person and no shade to Dan but his photos seem to never show the true beauty of the pieces he makes! I think the 18k yellow gold balanced the blue sapphire out splendidly!

Oh this is just beautiful! Love this setting and that yummy 18k yg. Can't wait to see it on your hand!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color!!! And that setting!! What beautiful balance indeed. Can’t wait to see it on your hand

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! The gold really is buttery and really complements your stone.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely! Blue and gold.. my favorite combo and love the simplicity too!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: What a pretty little ring and that sapphire *pops*! I love the gypsy/belcher-ish style. It's so comfortable. I wear one as an alternate engagement ring and love it.
I can't wait for some hand shots of that baby.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your Betta story. I too just got a new one yesterday. No bubble nest though.
love your new ring.
can I be bold and ask what Dan charged to do the setting... asking for a friend.... EAE1D2B6-D6E9-440D-B876-C55F5F111BFB.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Love your Betta story. I too just got a new one yesterday. No bubble nest though.
love your new ring.
can I be bold and ask what Dan charged to do the setting... asking for a friend.... EAE1D2B6-D6E9-440D-B876-C55F5F111BFB.jpeg

Omg Bron he's gorgeous!!!!
What did you name him?

& Not that you asked but my secret for happy and long living betas is:

-indirect sunlight
-a high spot (mine is 6ft off the ground)
-plants nestled around
-some amethyst clusters and clear crystal points as tank decor! You can use some others but be aware that many are posinous in water and will kill your beta! So always Google before!
-A hide that lets him totally hide away from curious eyes. I have a large natural shell leaning against the tank wall as a hide for him and he loves it and will actually sleep in the spot.

Also thank you for your compliment! I cannot wait to see the ring in person! I've always wanted a modified signet with just a diamond set into a celestial engraving and I always thought it was going to be a diamond but when I first saw the sapphire on IG I knew it'd be perfect!

& About the cost of fabrication, I feel slightly weird about just sharing the price for all to see but I wouldn't mind telling you if you have a contact on LT and I can email you that way.

If you're lazy and don't feel like it, I will tell you that I believe it was very reasonable and kind for 18k.

Maybe it's not though as that's my personal opinion and maybe others don't pay as much for fabrication but I don't mind supporting him if that's the case! He's been very good to me and always seeks to rectify if something isn't quite to my liking. Our personalities work very well together and there's never really been any misunderstandings concerning design.

Ooh and here's a bonus from his IG of the ring in it's entirety!
Open back so the energies of the sapphire can flow into my skin and directly through to fondle my chakras!

Ok ok, I'm just joking but it does sound cool doesn't it?
:lol:

Screenshot_20200803-162518.png

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
& She's done!

I saw this ring in Dan's shop, she's beautiful! The design is simple but beautifully executed. I agree that the 18 K yellow gold sets off the sapphire to perfection.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s fantastic- it looks gorgeous on you!
Love it !

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies!
She is small but mighty.
I've been wearing her as en evil eye ring since I've gotten her, she kinda turned out that way & I love it!

I needed some evil eye energy as I had to venture out this week store hopping for my soon to be six year olds birthday! An introverts nightmare....although I just tried to focus on how fun the crafts will be for her decorations!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
If you're going to do an evil eye. This is how it's done!
I just love this. :love: :love: :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!!!
I love your sapphire!:kiss2:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Natural light :kiss2:
Bright glowing blue

IMG_20200808_103942544.jpg
IMG_20200808_103945250.jpg
IMG_20200808_103938347.jpg

Mixed- Natural & Incandescent
Bright crystal blue w/some tanzanite purple
:kiss2::kiss2:

IMG_20200808_104010991.jpg
IMG_20200808_104009242.jpg

Ooooo I likey the flashes of purple in there!!! That is one beautiful stone.

On an unrelated note, I'm in awe of your nail polish application too. How is it so tidy and pristine??! Good work!!
And great colour! I feel like it might be screaming out to you for a paraiba yag

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo I likey the flashes of purple in there!!! That is one beautiful stone.

On an unrelated note, I'm in awe of your nail polish application too. How is it so tidy and pristine??! Good work!!
And great colour! I feel like it might be screaming out to you for a paraiba yag

Thank ya thank ya beautiful!
& I'll tell you a cheap secret:
Kiss rounded tip glue on nails w/dollar store nail polish.

I own about 200 polishes and truly find that there's negligible difference between the expensive $12 nail polishes and $1-$3 polishes.
I believe it's placebo that makes women think that the formulas are much better.

Also if I don't like a formula I've found that I can alter it by adding some np remover to it until it's a nice consistency.

I wear glue on nails 60% of the time because while my natural nails are just as long, they are delicate and I hate it when one breaks and they look unbalanced.

I also find salon nails to be a waste of money because I like changing the color of mine every week or two weeks and if I did that, I'd be in the nail salon for two hours each week and be out $50 each time, where as the kiss nails come with enough for 5 or 6 manicures and are only $7 and allow me to spend the unwanted money on bling!

For me personally they stay on wonderfully for 1-2 weeks without having to reglue but also don't damage my nails when I go to remove them.

Lol did I convince you?
Hopefully not because the supply at stores is already low!!

P.s. Here is the color on my old natural nails from last year and it matches perfectly with my gem silica!

20190809_211645_2.jpg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Thank ya thank ya beautiful!
& I'll tell you a cheap secret:
Kiss rounded tip glue on nails w/dollar store nail polish.

I own about 200 polishes and truly find that there's negligible difference between the expensive $12 nail polishes and $1-$3 polishes.
I believe it's placebo that makes women think that the formulas are much better.

Also if I don't like a formula I've found that I can alter it by adding some np remover to it until it's a nice consistency.

I wear glue on nails 60% of the time because while my natural nails are just as long, they are delicate and I hate it when one breaks and they look unbalanced.

I also find salon nails to be a waste of money because I like changing the color of mine every week or two weeks and if I did that, I'd be in the nail salon for two hours each week and be out $50 each time, where as the kiss nails come with enough for 5 or 6 manicures and are only $7 and allow me to spend the unwanted money on bling!

For me personally they stay on wonderfully for 1-2 weeks without having to reglue but also don't damage my nails when I go to remove them.

Lol did I convince you?
Hopefully not because the supply at stores is already low!!

P.s. Here is the color on my old natural nails from last year and it matches perfectly with my gem silica!

20190809_211645_2.jpg

Wow they look so good!! It never even occurred to me that they could be glue on nails. I'm not in the States and haven't heard of this brand so that may help with supply, haha :lol: I may have to try similar ones out if they can look like this!
Perfect for ring shots!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results