shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Sets From The Noughties - Do You Have One?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find a thread on this & thought it might be interesting!

Back in the noughties, it became fashionable to have multiple wedding rings, so designers began making 3 or 4 ring sets, to be sold together as a single item. Out when the typical engagement ring & plain band look, and the Groom would purchase an engagement, wedding & eternity ring (or 2) at the same time. I have friends who married back then with a fitted 3 ring set, often swirling & encrusted in sparkle. Whilst I love the idea that rings made at the same time will flow & nestle happily, I don't love the idea of having zero input into a set that would be presented to me over the next few years.

Here in the UK we don't have a tendency to change our wedding rings & what you get, you will wear for life give or take loss or accidental damage, so you still see these entwined sets around occasionally.

Did you have a fussy, multiple ring set when you married & if so, have you paired it back, streamlined it or changed it completely over the years?

I would love to see a thread dedicated to the multiple ring sets from the 2000's and for those that chose one or were presented with one, did you love it & do you still wear it?

Show me!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one of those sets. I was married in 2000 and my wedding set consisted of a diamond solitaire set in platinum and a channel set band that we had custom made to match the width of my e-ring as I didn't particularly like the plain band that it was supposed to come with. I changed that out several years ago for a pave band which is what I have worn since. The channel set was never really what I liked, but it was what was available at the time. But I do remember the sets that were sold and I often see them here.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't have one but channel set bands seemed to be the popular thing, my sister got married in the early aughts and has a set like @cmd2014 's

following to see some pictures of these matching sets...!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I got married in 2004 and while I didn't have the matching set, I did have a platinum solitaire and a platinum half eternity channel set band. Those sort of seemed to be the wedding set uniform where I live at the time. I no longer have the e-ring but the wedding ring is still kicking about in my jewelry box.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have one photo of mine that I can find and a terrible one at that. Pre PS.
Platinum shared prong band (original WB) and platinum shared pong ER solitaire. Not my very first ER as that one got "upgraded" before PS to this setting. The original setting (I have no photo of that sadly) was beautiful and not sure what I was thinking when I changed it. Clearly I wasn't thinking. It was a Tiffany style 4 prong solitaire. I don't love 4 prongs so I think that's what I was responding to when I changed it to the below setting. Which I didn't keep for long. LOL my poor DH. It's a wonder he wanted to marry me at all with all the times I changed my mind and all the money I wasted. ::)

Original ER diamond was a 2.93 (I think) GIA GVS2 MRB. Before cut grades.

originalerandwb.jpg.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have one photo of mine that I can find and a terrible one at that. Pre PS.
Platinum shared prong band (original WB) and platinum shared pong ER solitaire. Not my very first ER as that one got "upgraded" before PS to this setting. The original setting (I have no photo of that sadly) was beautiful and not sure what I was thinking when I changed it. Clearly I wasn't thinking. It was a Tiffany style 4 prong solitaire. I don't love 4 prongs so I think that's what I was responding to when I changed it to the below setting. Which I didn't keep for long. LOL my poor DH. It's a wonder he wanted to marry me at all with all the times I changed my mind and all the money I wasted. ::)

Original ER diamond was a 2.93 (I think) GIA GVS2 MRB. Before cut grades.

originalerandwb.jpg.png

Beautiful set! And I'm assuming Greg made that beautiful box for them too?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! And I'm assuming Greg made that beautiful box for them too?!

Thanks Alex. Yes he did. It was actually his very first woodworking project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results