shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band sizing please advice asap

1dqs357

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My bf's finger measures at 5.5 at 2 local mom and pop stores. Then when we went to Tiffany they said he's a size 6. We're ordering his at a local shop 300 miles away because it's the cheapest quote there... so should we go with 5.75? We'd like your opinions cuz the jeweler is all "it's a customised platinum piece so you can't return it if it doesn't fit right" so we need to make sure.

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If his ring size was measured with a thin band and the wedding band is going to be wider than the sizing band, then absolutely, you need to make it a 6. If it is a lot wider, it might need to be 6.25.

Ring size can vary due to humidity and heat and cold, how much water a person retains, etc. So anyone's size can vary a half size at different times.

1dqs357

Rough_Rock
Oh okay! His band is gonna be 5mm in width and the sizing band was a 3mm I think. The one he tried on at Tiffany was a 6mm. So would you think a 5.75 ring size would suffice in this case? I'm still not sure how that works... Thanks so much!

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
1dqs357|1436331446|3900236 said:
Oh okay! His band is gonna be 5mm in width and the sizing band was a 3mm I think. The one he tried on at Tiffany was a 6mm. So would you think a 5.75 ring size would suffice in this case? I'm still not sure how that works... Thanks so much!
I think age plays a factor, because my knuckles have kept growing and I have had to go up half a size for my rings. If they are in their early 20s i'd say go with the size 6 if you don't want to re-size in the future.

1dqs357

Rough_Rock
Thank you for this advice. I really appreciate it!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It also depends how he likes his rings to fit. My finger is actually a 6.5, but I normally wear a 7 or 7.25 because I don't like to feel any tightness. To be safe, I'd probably go larger and if it's loose, you could do a little sizing bar/beads with a local jeweler.

1dqs357

Rough_Rock
Oh that's interesting I've never heard about sizing band/beads. That's really good to know thanks!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, do some searching around here on beads. Lots of people get them for larger knuckle/smaller fingers issues or to keep a ring from spinning or just general sizing. I've never had them but I hear they work well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results