shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band- help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I tried posting this in Rocky Talky, but only got 2 responses and I''m still not finding anything.

My engagement ring is a cushion halo on a 1.8mm pave band. I will be getting the matching 1.8mm diamond wedding band. However, I really would also like to have just a plain white gold band to wear when I''m boating, hiking, gardening, cleaning, traveling, etc so I always have on a wedding band. Maybe one day I will wear the plain band, engagement ring, and diamond band as a set- we''ll see. So a few questions:
1. Does this make sense to do? Having two wedding bands?
2. If so, does anyone know where I can find a 1.8mm white gold band?! The thinnest I can find is 2mm.
3. If I can''t find a 1.8mm, would a 2mm be a noticible difference to my engagement ring band?

Thanks so much for your help!

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:55:34 PM
Author:GoingCrazy29
I tried posting this in Rocky Talky, but only got 2 responses and I''m still not finding anything.

My engagement ring is a cushion halo on a 1.8mm pave band. I will be getting the matching 1.8mm diamond wedding band. However, I really would also like to have just a plain white gold band to wear when I''m boating, hiking, gardening, cleaning, traveling, etc so I always have on a wedding band. Maybe one day I will wear the plain band, engagement ring, and diamond band as a set- we''ll see. So a few questions:
Sure! I plan to start a small collection myself once I''m married. I think it will be so fun to switch them out every so often. Plus, I can''t decide between a shared prong eternity band, a bezel set band, or a rose gold band with pink diamonds...
2. If so, does anyone know where I can find a 1.8mm white gold band?! The thinnest I can find is 2mm.
Nothing comes immediately to mind...Sorry!
3. If I can''t find a 1.8mm, would a 2mm be a noticible difference to my engagement ring band?
I don''t think you would be able to see a .2 mm difference, it would be pretty miniscule. If you didn''t want to go custom, I would go with the 2mm, especially if you find one reasonably priced that you love.
Thanks so much for your help!

eyue

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful ering you have! Can you pls post pics of the side view? If your ering sits high enough, you should be able to fit a 2mm WG band under it and it won''t look too thick. I personally don''t think 2mm is much different 1.8mm. The difference will come from the smooth shine of the plain band versus your ering band and whether you like the look or not.

Maybe try an antique engraved style. Check out Circa1930s. Some of these are thin and sit low. The engraved style will match better with your eing, I think. But their sizes are limited.

If you still want a plain band, I got mine at eweddingbands.com. They have good prices and great customer service. Nothing thinner than 2mm, though.

I would also still get a diamond band. You can never have too many rings. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
First you ering is gorgeous!! I love having a plain band, nothing wrong in having more than one. They are like potatoe chps, hehe. I think you''ll have a hard time finding something thinner than 2mm.. But then again I haven''t searched. I have been married for 22 years and have several bands. I love switching them.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 10:53:38 AM
Author: eyue
That is a beautiful ering you have! Can you pls post pics of the side view? If your ering sits high enough, you should be able to fit a 2mm WG band under it and it won''t look too thick. I personally don''t think 2mm is much different 1.8mm. The difference will come from the smooth shine of the plain band versus your ering band and whether you like the look or not.

:)
Thanks so much everyone for chiming in! I think I will go try on a 2mm and see how I like it with my e-ring! Here is a side view of my ring as requested. I have a SMTR thread on the ring somewhere, so feel free to look it up. I''m in a hurry and don''t have time, sorry!!! :)

ringsize3333.jpg

eyue

Rough_Rock
I looked up the thread and saw a profile pic. Yes, you have plenty of space to slide a band under. Check out beau13''s beautiful set, Beau13 set (I hope it''s ok to link, since it''s posted in the forum galleries). You see how great the combo is with the halo and plain band.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a travel-type band I would just get something affordable and plain. I really wouldn''t worry about the difference between 1.8mm and 2.0, I''d just get the 2mm band.

kjt

Rough_Rock
Hi!

1. Yes, it makes sense if you need two bands. I have a micro pave eternity band that I wear with my e-ring when I want *that* look. I also have my actual wedding band which is platinum and has a row of channel set princesses which I wear on its own if I''m going out grocery shopping or what not.

2. You could go to the custom route if you wanted a 1.8mm or perhaps you can check out ebay if they have any.

3. You wont be able to tell the different between a 2.0mm and a 1.8mm. My micropave is 2.0 and it''s already so thin and dainty!

Hope that helps!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can have as many bands as you want! I have a plain 3 mm that I wear on its own and a plain 2.5 mm that I want to have shaved down to 1.5 mm to wear with my 3 stone and I''d love to someday have a teeny tiny diamond band too, just for options! I don''t think that a 2 mm band with a 1.8 mm ring will be noticeable at all- it''ll look great!

And I too love the contrast of a plain band with a more ornate ring, like Beau13''s.

Off topic- where did Beau13''s thread about her ring go? I went to look at it again to comment and it''s gone...

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thin Bands

You might want to check out this thread. There may be some options there for you!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:55:34 PM
Author:GoingCrazy29
Yep, lots of people do this! You can even use both in your ceremony, so that they''ll both have that special history attached to them
1.gif

Probably Leon would do/does do them. If you really want an exactly 1.8mm band, why not buy a 2mm one and have the sides shaved down?

It depends on the dome height, but generally no.

The high-domed band of my engagement ring is 1.9mm, and a 2mm high-domed looks identical. However, a 2mm pipe-cut band has a thicker look. I have a picture of this somewhere that I will try to find for you.

Why don''t you go try on 2mm bands in different dome heights to see how they look to you?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:10:41 PM
Author: musey

The high-domed band of my engagement ring is 1.9mm, and a 2mm high-domed looks identical. However, a 2mm pipe-cut band has a thicker look. I have a picture of this somewhere that I will try to find for you.
The bottom band in both pics is the Tiffany Lucida (half-round) 3mm. The top one on the left is a stainless steel high dome 2mm, and the top one on the right is a 14k WG pipe-cut 2mm. You can see how the pipe-cut band looks much closer in width to the 3mm low-dome band than the 2mm high-dome bands does.

2mmshapecompare.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is 1.9mm below the "shoulders," and this is the 2mm surgical steel high-domed band.

1.9mmeringwith2mmweddingband.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:32:10 AM
Author: Kaleigh
First you ering is gorgeous!! I love having a plain band, nothing wrong in having more than one. They are like potatoe chps, hehe. I think you'll have a hard time finding something thinner than 2mm.. But then again I haven't searched. I have been married for 22 years and have several bands. I love switching them.

haha--they certainly are like potato chips!

Beautiful e-ring!

I've seen some 1.5-2mm bands on etsy--have you looked there?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:14:44 PM
Author: musey
My e-ring is 1.9mm below the 'shoulders,' and this is the 2mm surgical steel high-domed band.

That looks beautiful musey!

My JM is about 1.5mm and the band is 2mm, and I love the look.

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
My mom''s wedding set is her solitaire engagement ring, a channel-set half eternity band, and a plain wedding band. She has never had her wedding band off of her hand in 11 years of marriage (to my stepdad, I''m not 10 years old haha!), but it looks really classy with the three rings. If she lets me take pictures I''ll post some.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results