shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band for Vatche Royal Crown E-Ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

itsmysecret

Rough_Rock
I am considering the Vatche Royal Crown engagement ring setting but am concerned about finding a wedding band that sits flush against it. I do not care for having a gap between the e-ring and wedding band.

http://www.niceice.com/dvatche/dvatche_platinum_1.php

I really like the eternity band set with alternating round and baguette stones, from Tiffany and Harry Winston, shown in this photo, but I''m not sure if would sit flush.

Can anyone post photos of their Vatche Royal Crown and their wedding band, on their finger? Any suggestions??? If I decide on this band, I might have to go for a more traditional "Tiffany style" setting for the e-ring.... Not sure if the Whiteflash W-prong would be any better.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-W-Prong--Solitaire-by-WF_741.htm#

Help!

HW & Tiffany Bands.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any pics sorry, but I LOVE THE 2nd from the bottom from harry!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Royal Crown replica and I found that I only liked channel settings with it. And I hate channel settings, so that is another reason (there are a lot) I want a reset.

Basically the best way to figure this stuff out is to go and try on everything you can with that style of ring. That is my suggestion.

ETA: everything sat flush with my ering. I don't have any pics of it paired with anything, but I can go home and take a pic of it with my Elsa Peretti stacking band if you'd like.

itsmysecret

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:40:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I have a Royal Crown replica and I found that I only liked channel settings with it. And I hate channel settings, so that is another reason (there are a lot) I want a reset.

Basically the best way to figure this stuff out is to go and try on everything you can with that style of ring. That is my suggestion.

ETA: everything sat flush with my ering. I don''t have any pics of it paired with anything, but I can go home and take a pic of it with my Elsa Peretti stacking band if you''d like.

Dear FrekeChild,

I would love to see any photos you can offer of bands aside the Royal Crown. Thank you!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey itsmysecret!

I was poking around on my photobucket and I came across a pic of my ering with my blue topaz eternity, which is not channel set, but it is a band next to the ering.

Things to note: this band is about 4mm wide, and close to being that thickness as well. It is also a half size larger than my ering (it''s a 7 and the ering is a 6.5)

Anyway, I''ll take more pictures later tonight!

IMG_3176.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The head is relatively high on that ring, so I think bands will sit pretty close to it.

itsmysecret

Rough_Rock
Thanks, DiamondSeeker. The rings in your profile photo don''t sit flush, although the e-ring looks like it would have a high head...???

FrekeChild - I look forward to more photos later!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:22:52 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The head is relatively high on that ring, so I think bands will sit pretty close to it.
ditto, what DS said. most bands will sit flush against the RC. you might see a teeny tiny minute space between the rings where the RC tapers but that''s because it tapers. eternity and shared prong bands look great with it, or 5-stone, 7-stone, etc. it''s a setting that looks great with almost anything next to it!
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I disagree with that sugar. To my personal taste, nothing looked good next to it except for a channel set round stone eternity or a scattered diamond band. And this is why I'm getting a reset. Well, among many other reasons...

I'm going to go take pictures in just a minute. I've been really busy, I'm sorry about the delay...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took a few pics. This is my 14kt Royal Crown replica, with my Sterling silver Elsa Peretti tsavorite stacking band. Let me know if you want to see any more.

IMG_3690 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view

IMG_3693 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile view

IMG_3701 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And another handshot.

IMG_3695 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the underside (with the tsav in view).

IMG_3692 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The depth and width of the two rings are different, and the Royal Crown replica tapers from 2+mm to just under 4mm. The Elsa Peretti is about 2.5mm. If you'd like any more pictures, let me know!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious about all of this as I have a friend that is looking closely at the Royal Crown. However, she has the same concerns about a band sitting flush with the ring. My guess was no it wouldn''t. . . guess I was right. She currently has a channel set band so it''s interesting to see that it''s the only thing - other than the scattered band - that fit.

Freke, what ring are you looking at for a reset?

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
My original e-ring was the Vatche Royal Crown and the only band that I could find at that time (2003) that fit perfectly flush was a very low profile channel set eternity band...I tried on a ton of rings and that was the only one that had absolutely no gap!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 6:41:58 PM
I disagree with that sugar. To my personal taste, nothing looked good next to it except for a channel set round stone eternity or a scattered diamond band. And this is why I'm getting a reset. Well, among many other reasons...

I'm going to go take pictures in just a minute. I've been really busy, I'm sorry about the delay...
hi freke- yeah, it depends on personal preference. like you, i'd also recommend those looking for a band to go with the RC to definitely try it on in person to see what look they like best. i've tried the RC on with memoire and tiffany bands that are low set and those sit flush and look delicious.
31.gif
i do recall some bands being too high and not sitting flush though so it's something you should shop around for and try on in person just to be sure. a low band should sit pretty flush. i found an old thread with a PSer's 3ct. RC and eternity band.
30.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-band-with-vatche-royal-crown.50984/

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 9:51:07 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Just curious about all of this as I have a friend that is looking closely at the Royal Crown. However, she has the same concerns about a band sitting flush with the ring. My guess was no it wouldn''t. . . guess I was right. She currently has a channel set band so it''s interesting to see that it''s the only thing - other than the scattered band - that fit.

Freke, what ring are you looking at for a reset?
I''m actually going to go custom as soon as our financial situation gets a little bit better. My problems weren''t with it sitting flush but more along the lines that I had the custom ring designed, and my FI ran out of time to get it made. So he chose the Crown instead. Probably my biggest two concerns with what I wanted in an ering were that it be 14kt white gold and that it had a 2mm (or less) band, because I would feel uncomfortable with an ering and wedding band that were more than 4mm on the inside of my hand. Once I get the wband, I will probably wear the ering sparingly. I''m also a weirdo with matching the widths of rings. With my ring, the width that looked best was about a 3.5mm--which would be almost 6mm on the inside of my hand, and that would make me uncomfortable. Not to mention between 7 and 8mm on the outside (I have short fingers!)

So a plain band would be fine with it--I just couldn''t handle the total width of both of the rings together. I literally almost started crying in the store because I was so frustrated. That 2mm width was the #1 thing that I wanted in an ering.
40.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:53:39 AM
Author: sugar
I disagree with that sugar. To my personal taste, nothing looked good next to it except for a channel set round stone eternity or a scattered diamond band. And this is why I''m getting a reset. Well, among many other reasons...

I''m going to go take pictures in just a minute. I''ve been really busy, I''m sorry about the delay...
hi freke- yeah, it depends on personal preference. like you, i''d also recommend those looking for a band to go with the RC to definitely try it on in person to see what look they like best. i''ve tried the RC on with memoire and tiffany bands that are low set and those sit flush and look delicious.
31.gif
i do recall some bands being too high and not sitting flush though so it''s something you should shop around for and try on in person just to be sure. a low band should sit pretty flush. i found an old thread with a PSer''s 3ct. RC and eternity band.
30.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-band-with-vatche-royal-crown.50984/
Yeah a low channel was fine. Anything low was ok. Another one of my problems was that all of the bands they had were diamond--and as you can see, my stone is not a diamond. So if I wanted anything, I would have to order it custom, and what if I didn''t like it then? So the only bands that looked ok were the scattered diamond (and I think that was because of the width) and the channel set sapphire band (which was wider than the ering at the widest point. A 2mm band looked icky next to it, and that''s what I had had my heart set on (I love skinny bands).

This has been a traumatizing experience for me, in case you couldn''t tell!

Having said all of that, when this stone gets reset, the other spinel (it''s almost identical to this one, only a different cutter and slightly darker than this stone) will be set into this setting, and then I get two erings.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My choice would be the HW second from the bottom rounds with bags....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 3:11:38 AM

Date: 2/23/2009 1:53:39 AM

I disagree with that sugar. To my personal taste, nothing looked good next to it except for a channel set round stone eternity or a scattered diamond band. And this is why I''m getting a reset. Well, among many other reasons...

I''m going to go take pictures in just a minute. I''ve been really busy, I''m sorry about the delay...
hi freke- yeah, it depends on personal preference. like you, i''d also recommend those looking for a band to go with the RC to definitely try it on in person to see what look they like best. i''ve tried the RC on with memoire and tiffany bands that are low set and those sit flush and look delicious.
31.gif
i do recall some bands being too high and not sitting flush though so it''s something you should shop around for and try on in person just to be sure. a low band should sit pretty flush. i found an old thread with a PSer''s 3ct. RC and eternity band.
30.gif
Yeah a low channel was fine. Anything low was ok. Another one of my problems was that all of the bands they had were diamond--and as you can see, my stone is not a diamond. So if I wanted anything, I would have to order it custom, and what if I didn''t like it then? So the only bands that looked ok were the scattered diamond (and I think that was because of the width) and the channel set sapphire band (which was wider than the ering at the widest point. A 2mm band looked icky next to it, and that''s what I had had my heart set on (I love skinny bands).

This has been a traumatizing experience for me, in case you couldn''t tell!

Having said all of that, when this stone gets reset, the other spinel (it''s almost identical to this one, only a different cutter and slightly darker than this stone) will be set into this setting, and then I get two erings.
31.gif
It can be a very frustrating thing - here''s hoping that you get your new ring made real soon and LOVE it!!

Thanks for sharing -

itsmysecret

Rough_Rock
All,

Thank you so much for your input and photos!!

>>> i''ve tried the RC on with memoire and tiffany bands that are low set and those sit flush and look delicious.

Funny! I "discovered" the shared prong eternity band yesterday and BF and I went looking at rings for the first time! I love it!!! I was looking at a 1 carat and a 2 carat shared prong ring from Memoire, but I decided I need 1.5 carats. Go figure.

The center stone we are looking at will be 2.5 carats, give or take. I''m so glad to have found the photo of someon''s 3 carat RC with the 7 stone ring (which looks like the shared prong eternity, from the top). This is the look I want!!

So - the local jeweler is requesting RC samples from Vatche in NYC. I''m hoping they will be here by the end of the week. We are not rushing toward any deadline to be formally engaged, but it will be nice for us both to know what I select. Honestly, I don''t want too many choices!

If I don''t pick the RC, I think I''m going to look for another 6 prong setting and keep it simple. BUT, the "traditional'' head on a 6 prong ring sticks out enough at the bottom that the band will not sit flush. Which is why I keep coming back to the RC or X-prong style...

To be honest (and at the risk of getting tomatoes thrown at me....
6.gif
) I''m wondering if 2.5 carats is too big??? I work in a corporate setting, so I''ll be fine at work. I plan to buy a platinum band to match his, to wear during sporting activites, etc. Just wondering..........

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
did you try on any rings from the memoire purity line? yum!

one thing i wanted to note though about eternity/shared prong bands is that some may rub against the ering head so that''s something to look out for and consider when choosing your band.

good luck with your search and have fun!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think a 2.5ct is too big. But I have a 24ct topaz, so I am not one to talk. Lol.

itsmysecret

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:47:44 AM
did you try on any rings from the memoire purity line? yum!

one thing i wanted to note though about eternity/shared prong bands is that some may rub against the ering head so that''s something to look out for and consider when choosing your band.

good luck with your search and have fun!

Actually, I''m looking at a 1.5 carat ring from Memoire''s Petite Prong collection.

http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1630

I spoke to my jeweler today and they have received the sample Royal Crown mounting in the store!!!! We will visit the store tomorrow after work and take a look. We will be able to place a 2 carat stone in the mounting and look at it next to a 1 carat Memoire Petite Prong band (they would have to order the 1.5 carat size).

Are you mentioning the possibility of the band rubbing the head or the ering because of the gap it will cause? Because it would hurt the ering? Why?

In a totally new direction........... What about a tension mounting? I''m not sure I''d put a 2.5 carat in a tension. Maybe a 2 carat. Why? I dunno. Just a mental block I suppose.

Any comments on tension mounts? Would the "modern-ness" of a tension mount look ok with the Memoire Petite Prong eternity band?

I''ve heard comments (good and bad) about both of these designers. Of course, I''ll also scour Pricescope for more info on tensionmounts....

http://www.stevenkretchmer.com/ Click on "gallery", then the pink background below.

http://www.gelinabaci.com/ Click on "Collections", then Tension Collection

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
with some shared prong bands, there''s a possibility for the exposed diamonds/girdles to rub against the prongs of the ering head, wearing down the metal which over time (in some cases) may compromise the integrity of the ering setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results