shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band/Enhancer to Accentuate Asscher Shape? Help!

bayBee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I would like some help in finding / designing my wedding band(s) please!! Ideas, inspiration pictures, specific suggestions.. anything would be helpful!

I've just had way too many people comment that it's a beautiful round cut :wall: and have even had a few tell me I was wrong when I said it actually wasn't round :confused:, so I really want something that can accentuate the octagonal shape of my asscher!

img_6383.jpg

img_6044.jpg

12656051_10205753187682731_205537672_o.jpg

Additional photos in this thread--
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/roc...ne-too-big-on-size-2-5-finger-t212496-30.html

Again, apologies for the poor photo quality! I used my phone for all of these snaps.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful ring however I have a feeling the only thing that will stop it looking so round is change the orientation of the head of the ring to a more traditional position

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!!!
I do not have any advice to make it look less round. What matters most is that you enjoy wearing it and enjoy the shape.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your best chance of changing how it looks it to change the orientation of the stone in the head to having the prongs on the corners. That said, the ring is so lovely as is I can see why you might not want to change it. The rings MGR look like great options to me!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the double prongs take up too much diamond real estate - if you prefer the current orientation, I really think changing to very fine single claw-style prongs will emphasize the asscher shape.

If you keep the ER as-is, IMHO a wedding band or enhancer will not assist with changing people's perception of the shape of your ER stone.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I agree with previous posters - having the prongs in the corners will accentuate the shape of your asscher. I'm not sure, but I think that would be a relatively simple solution, just having the stone reset.
You can check out the thread on emeralds and asschers. You'll see lots of photos of what yours could look like with the stone oriented differently.
Another possibility, though a more radical change, would be a bezel setting or a halo. However, I think your ring is lovely as it is. Maybe a slight tweek is all you need.
I don't feel that the design of the wedding ring would influence the appearance of your diamond's shape.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous diamond, and I love the elegant simplicity of your setting!

I can see how it 'rounds out' because all of its sides are equal, and the prongs + shank further add to a rounded illusion. I can't think of a solution involving bands, or altering your current (again, beautiful!) setting. Any chance you would be open to resetting it? A thin bezel is probably your best bet for highlighting your diamond's true shape.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1454900700|3988217 said:
Such a gorgeous diamond...
I can see how it 'rounds out' because all of its sides are equal, and the prongs + shank further add to a rounded illusion...ditto

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see that changing the orientation would make a difference, since all the sides are equal. It is so gorgeous! If it were mine I would just wear & love it. I think, like other posters, that an octagonal bezel might help accentuate the shape, but I think to really make the shape stand out you might have to do more with a setting [like an octagonal halo] to bring out the shape.
I can't get a photo to download here for some reason, but both Erica Winters and Cassie Van Bebber have settings that might be excellent good for your purposes.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sphene|1454839198|3987969 said:
Very beautiful ring however I have a feeling the only thing that will stop it looking so round is change the orientation of the head of the ring to a more traditional position

I agree with this 100%

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results