shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing WBand b/4 Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Okay, let me just say that my husband-to-be and I made the fatal mistake of buying our wedding bands this past weekend at Tiffany...I have the really thin plain platinum knife-edge and he has the Lucida. We NEVER thought we would want to wear them early
25.gif

However, I put the band on...and I refuse (okay, strongly hate) to take it off...and HE loves his on his left hand (on his right hand he wears his UPenn class ring)...

So we thought about just wearing them anyway, despite not having set a wedding date or anything...
31.gif

We have been together for 6 years (just marked our ann.) and have been engaged for over a year and have NO date set in the near future (we are looking at two years down the road from May, after finishing grad school and saving a year for a house)....

MY QUESTION IS: IS IT AWFULLY BAD TO WEAR IT EARLY?!

I must admit, I am hoping for some positive responses, otherwise I will cry as we pry the rings off each other....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don''t ya just secretly elope!??! LIVE! Tomorrow isn''t promised to anyone!
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I second elopement! Have a big ''ol renewal ceremony in a couple years and then you can pull out all the stops.

*M*

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My feeling is that wedding bands signal that someone is married. So, to wear them when you are not married seems just plain wrong. I wanted to wear my band early but I didn't because I didn't want the ring to be 'old' on our wedding day. Especially if you think you won't get married for 2 years, by that time the rings will have been worn for so long. Don't you want the special memory and feeling of wearing your band from the moment you are married, till forever? I think it takes away from the specialness and symbolism to wear the bands early. And as a married woman who had to wait and plan her wedding like most other women, to me it seems like something you should earn and work up to. And as if your wedding day is not special enough, it is something else to look forward to on that day. I truly believe if you wait, you will be glad you did.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh no...
39.gif
I fear Jazmine is right...I wish she wasn't though!

But, perhaps I can pretend at night?!
17.gif
If I am careful, the ring won't be too old, right?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do agree with Jazmine... but I also agree that you can pretend anything you want "at night" in the privacy of your own home. You wouldn''t believe the things that the happy hubby and I pretend at home -- OH NO, that''s a topic for a whole ''nother thread.
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif
(Just kidding!!!)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, nowadays, social norms are a lot more relaxed so you can do whatever you want.
1.gif
But, I''d be pretty confused if an unmarried couple were wearing their wedding bands. And you might get a lot of nosy questions from friends/acquaintances/family about your marital status. I say if you''re willing to field all those questions, go for it!

I have to say that elopement or a secret civil ceremony at City Hall is extremely romantic. It''d be a special, sweet secret known only by the two of you.
30.gif
Of course, you''d have to be *ready* to take the legal plunge now, which is a whole different story!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 4:10:09 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
that''s a topic for a whole ''nother thread.
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif
*tap* *tap* *tap* ... ahem ... I believe there''s PLENTY of room for more threads up here in this piece!
11.gif
25.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
How 'bout wearing them on your right hands?

I'm with you -- I wish I could wear my w-band now too!
1.gif

ETA -- oops, just read the part about him wearing his ring on his right hand... any other fingers he can fit it on?
2.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t do it. I "test drove" my wedding ring to the mall once which was fun but then I took it off and it stayed off until our wedding day. I think if you wear your bands now, they will be "old" in 2+ years, and you''ll regret it. Once hubby slipped that ring on my finger during our wedding, the feeling was awesome. For a long time after, I was excited to look down and see that I was married! You don''t want to rob yourselves of that. Put them in a safe deposit box so you won''t be tempted!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I know...SO TEMPTING!!!!!

The stupid rings make me want to elope!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that waiting to wear them made it even more special. Granted I only had mine 2 months before the wedding but I would think it was odd of I had engaged friends wearing their WBs. As long as you don''t care about the questions and eye rolls I would do what you want.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-You are a good girl, cause if I had that amazing set...I WOULD HAVE NEVER TAKEN IT OFF AFTER GETTING IT AT THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
What a coincidence - over the weekend I had dinner with an engaged couple and I noticed that the girl was already wearing her wedding band under her engagement ring. The guy wasn''t wearing anything. They''re getting married summer of 2007, and I was about to ask her about the ring but I thought it might be rude.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I''m with those who say, if you wanna wear the rings, just get married!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:17:33 PM
Author: UCLABelle
Tacori-You are a good girl, cause if I had that amazing set...I WOULD HAVE NEVER TAKEN IT OFF AFTER GETTING IT AT THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blush* thanks! I think I just really like looking foward to things. It makes me happy when the event/thing actually happens. But like I said I only had a 2 month wait. Your wait it much longer. I always thought a vegas elopement would be fun. *hint hint*

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I say try to wait it out. It will be extra special when you finally get married, and you will be glad you did...

By the way, how do you guys like the Tiffany bands? FI and I were thinking about going with either the matching Lucida or milgrain bands from there...we will probably go look in a few months and try them on...I am also going to get a diamond band, but I want one to match his, plus I like the plainer look once in a while....

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi UCLABelle, I''d love to see a picture of your wedding set! Don''t you have a neat diamond band too? Do you wear it as a RHR? How does it look with the new e-ring setting?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wear them around the house for fun, but keep patient and wait till the wedding to wear them in public. It will be more special if you can wait, but I understand it''s fun so wearing them at home might be a compromise. You will probably get some odd questions if you start wearing your band already.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results