shape
carat
color
clarity

wearing e-ring when meeting vendors

yellowducky

Rough_Rock
am i totally alone in this (probably very silly) practice of foregoing my e-ring when meeting vendors? i am not sure if it makes a difference to them, but since i would prefer they not jump to any conclusions about how much i am willing/able to spend, i choose to go w/o my ring. does anyone else do this?

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly think this is a myth as to most vendors. There will always be the occasional unprofessional bad apple, but no one who''s been in the wedding business for long is likely to make big assumptions based on the e-ring alone. There are just too many variables influencing what kind of ring a girl wears.

To the extent that vendors make assumptions, my experience has been that they base it more off the totality of your presentation -- how you dress, speak, and carry yourself generally. That''s more telling, and harder to hide.

But really, why should you have to worry about this at all? Just tell them what you''re looking for, and if things can''t be done pleasantly and honestly within a budget that''s reasonable for you, hire someone else.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This is much harder to do on the vendor''s end in the age of Internet. It is too easy to contact other clients and find out what they paid, find a review, find a price. . .

Plus, if you have a budget, that should be your guide anyways. You should be contacting vendors up front about pricing to make sure they fit into your budget. The worst thing for you that you can do is not consider pricing when selecting your vendors. It is too easy to fall in love with something that you cannot have, and you will under-appreciate the vendors you ultimately work with if this happens.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you have a 10+ct diamond, I wouldn''t really worry about it. I certainly didn''t.

I wore my Ering which was probably a bit larger than usual for the area to all my vendor meetings. I still haggled great prices.

I would only leave it at home if you''re more comfortable or confident negotiating prices without it. Otherwise I wouldn''t take off my ering just for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results