carat
color
clarity

Wear Pearls for the Queen...Post photos here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so as usual i have these great ideas too late to be any use :lol-2: :(2

:cry2:
but i thought as my aantigue jet necklaces are all losse beads right now and even though i want to move them gently away from mouring jewery i could string one up temporarly with some pearls to wear for the funneral when i watch on tv

but i dont have any pearl silk to string them :(2
..still i could buy something locally and string them temporally for the NZ memorial service which is a public holiday next monday ...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing head to toe black, with a dress shirt that I had custom-made primarily for performing with a local chamber choir that I sing with (and for the odd funeral that I attended); with my double strand of white 7-7.5mm Freshadama pearls and matching custom-made earring jackets with 8mm Tahitian studs, pearls from PP, and the clasp and earring jackets from KGH via PP (Jeremy at PP put me in touch with KGH).

I do not believe I have ever worn the necklace and earring jackets together.

20220919_094447_b.jpg

Showing the clasp and earrings in more detail.

I have 4 pairs of 8mm studs for the jackets - the Tahitians as shown, a pair of white Freshadamas, a pair of 8mm plain balls, and a pair of bezel-set 8mm overall diameter CS studs. I would like a new

20220919_094234.jpg

I am also wearing my white South Sea ring, purchased from an eBay seller some years ago. I seldom wear it as I worry about damaging it, being so big and high!

20220919_094601_a.jpg

Watching the funeral procession from Westminster Hall to the Abbey as I type.

DK :cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
my ears hurt so much
im thinking if i were in one of those cars behind id have my shoes off and the earrings out
but im sitting here in bare feet anyway and ive taken the earrings out just now

at one stage in the church i thought the new Queen looked like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders as the King looked very emotional

see the nz soldiers in the proession - the ones with the hats like lemon squeezers with the red trim

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in bits particularly when her coffin past Buck House for the last time.

No doubt more to come.

DK :cry2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those boys (men now) behind another coffin had me in tears. Super early here (I started watching before 2am our time) so sad to say I dozed off. Watching all I can as I prepare to head to a Dr appointment. Will make sure to pull out my pearls for the day. She truly was an amazing person!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of the Queen. My best and only costume pearl necklace. And yes, I did wear this to the grocery store this morning
after dropping my daughter off at school!

I will miss seeing the dear Queen in her brightly colored outfits and beautiful jewels. May she Rest in Peace.

copy of 417 (1).jpg

Attachments

• copy of 417.jpg
    copy of 417.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 25

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Blush cultured FW from my mom when she visited a pearl factory in China. I restrung with a push clasp so I could hang different charms on. I added a Clogau rose gold daffodil (national flower of Wales) and a teal glass intaglio that says “dinna forget” with a thistle (national flower of Scotland) in a rose gold bezel. 711EF000-88B9-4326-B4E0-F4446F785CB8.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
had our memorial for HM today
very solum, with a kiwi feel

soliders, the airforce band, an air force bagpiper
the PM's little daughter
If HM was looking down from Heaven with Prince Philip they would know it was us here in NZ =)2
we had spring flowers in the catherdrial
some hats and lots of the diplomatic core in attendence

anyway anyway
i had trouble with the live stream (sorted out just in time )
had trouble with the pearl stringing (i think its arthristis)
and my ears were too sore for earrings

but i wore mum's 25th wedding anniversary pearl silver bangle and then my costume faux pearl choker
Gary said it looked like it was too small for me ..but he probably doesnt know its a choker

back at the church in Wellington the governer general had her Tahatians on
i did see some nice pearls in the church but no brooches (lots of medles though)
i wish the PM had some pearls - even some micheal hill (then mall jewler chain) ones would have been ok, i know sshe has some kind fo allergy and hardly ever wears her hairlome ER from her man's family

but i did string up (for proffesional restringing maybe after ive paid the next round of bills) a necklace of leftovers im quite kind of happy with

@Autumn in New England i used my tiny corral beads with the leftover new Whitby jet and some Wen pearls - im calling it the Elizabeth line
i know nothing of the London underground - i probably have too many stations :lol-2:
will post a picture when my new phone is up and running

had our memorial for HM today
very solum, with a kiwi feel

soliders, the airforce band, an air force bagpiper
the PM's little daughter
If HM was looking down from Heaven with Prince Philip they would know it was us here in NZ =)2
we had spring flowers in the catherdrial
some hats and lots of the diplomatic core in attendence

anyway anyway
i had trouble with the live stream (sorted out just in time )
had trouble with the pearl stringing (i think its arthristis)
and my ears were too sore for earrings

but i wore mum's 25th wedding anniversary pearl silver bangle and then my costume faux pearl choker
Gary said it looked like it was too small for me ..but he probably doesnt know its a choker

back at the church in Wellington the governer general had her Tahatians on
i did see some nice pearls in the church but no brooches (lots of medles though)
i wish the PM had some pearls - even some micheal hill (then mall jewler chain) ones would have been ok, i know sshe has some kind fo allergy and hardly ever wears her hairlome ER from her man's family

but i did string up (for proffesional restringing maybe after ive paid the next round of bills) a necklace of leftovers im quite kind of happy with

@Autumn in New England i used my tiny corral beads with the leftover new Whitby jet and some Wen pearls - im calling it the Elizabeth line
i know nothing of the London underground - i probably have too many stations :lol-2:
will post a picture when my new phone is up and running

I look forward to seeing it, my friend.
hug7.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
finally got my 'Elizabeth line' pearl, jet & corral memorial necklace strung up
cant rush these things :lol:
will post a photo when i can

Miss you and Prince Philip, your Majesty

God save the King

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results