shape
carat
color
clarity

Wear Pearls for the Queen...Post photos here

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night, the Princess of Wales (Kate) was wearing strings of pearls as she entered Buckingham Palace. The article said that pearls are traditionally worn in the Royal Family when in mourning. I didn't know that...but perhaps it make sense since pearls are subdued jewelry compared to faceted diamonds and gems. Also, the Queen loved pearls; she wore them all the time.

So I had the idea to suggest that people who wish to show respect to the Queen don their pearls during this mourning period (which ends Monday night) and post photos here! And tell us a little story about how and where you plan to wear them. Even just at home - tell us!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya I'll be wearing this Monday in honor of Queen Elisabeth. I doubt she'd be impressed with my costume
necklace but the studs are real! I would like to think it would put a smile on her face!

IMG_20220914_091033200.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 I like those earrings! Where did you get those from? Pearl Paradise? And can we have ear shots??

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 I like those earrings! Where did you get those from? Pearl Paradise? And can we have ear shots??

Pearl Paradise! Haha! No way!
I found them in an antique mall. They were in a basket of costume jewelry.
Clearly stamped 14k on the underside. I could see it, but obviously the seller didn't!
Screenshot_20220914-094236.png

IMG_20220914_094021687~2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jambalaya I'll be wearing this Monday in honor of Queen Elisabeth. I doubt she'd be impressed with my costume
necklace but the studs are real! I would like to think it would put a smile on her face!

IMG_20220914_091033200.jpg

awww dont be so hard on that necklace
The Queen's great grandma who she is named after, Queen Alexandra the wife of Edward vii and daughter in law of Queen Victoria was a fan of faux pearls and mixed and matched them with priecless real on even on grand occasions
Queen Alexandra was the grandest of all Edwardian ladies

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night, the Princess of Wales (Kate) was wearing strings of pearls as she entered Buckingham Palace. The article said that pearls are traditionally worn in the Royal Family when in mourning. I didn't know that...but perhaps it make sense since pearls are subdued jewelry compared to faceted diamonds and gems. Also, the Queen loved pearls; she wore them all the time.

So I had the idea to suggest that people who wish to show respect to the Queen don their pearls during this mourning period (which ends Monday night) and post photos here! And tell us a little story about how and where you plan to wear them. Even just at home - tell us!

this is a wonderful idea
i am still waiting for stupid samsung to send me my new phone so i wont be able to do pictures right away
i will wear mum's ones around the house for the funneral (they baddly need restringing) but will wear my mall jewler strand out and about - not my favourite strand but perhpas it is due some love and a state occasion should surfice

now who has mourning jewlery in their collection ?
it too might enjoy honouring our late Queen

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a very nice idea and it will give me a chance to wear my pearls, which I rarely do, especially since I now work from home. A quiet tribute to her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wore my opera length akoya pearl necklace (I inherited from my Mother) on Friday. I wrapped it twice around my neck. It looked very "regal" until it came apart. I knew it needed to be restrung--and was lucky it came apart in my home and not when I was out and about.

cheers--Sharon

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I’ve already missed nearly a week of pearl wearing. I’ll get on it tomorrow! It’s a fantastic idea, especially as I’ve been stalking the BBC’s photos of the royals and their pearls this past week. Thanks for the inspiration @Jambalaya!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I wore my opera length akoya pearl necklace (I inherited from my Mother) on Friday. I wrapped it twice around my neck. It looked very "regal" until it came apart. I knew it needed to be restrung--and was lucky it came apart in my home and not when I was out and about.

cheers--Sharon

but all will be well =)2

this is exactly why i cant wear mum's pearls out of the house

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm horribly busy at work but will take photos of my pearls soon!

Thanks to everyone for contributing! Let's all wear as many pearls as possible on Monday!

@stracci2000 Thanks for the extra photos and the info! The earrings look amazing on you - and what a bargain!

@tyty333 I agree with Daisy's sentiments about your necklace! The Queen was no snob, and Diana LOVED good set of costume pearls! She has a $60 pair of costume pearl earrings from the Met Museum gift shop that she frequently wore, and liked them so much that she even gave a pair to another royal!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of string was the string that broke if you don't mind sharing!?

Oh my gosh, I wish I knew. These pearls are over 40 years old and mostly were kept in my Mom's SDB. While the pearls are still lovely the string was dry. I took a chance wearing them--prolly rather foolish knowing they needed to be restrung.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so today as i dashed out of the house with not a asecond to spair for my hours walk to work i put my mall jewler white freshwater strand on
i orignally brought it to make into my daisy necklace but ive since realized the pearls are not big enough, not white enough and quite frankly not nice enough :lol-2:

for monday im thinking of wearing my faux pearl (faux gold) choker that reaally needs an outting i brought it when i was 18 (1989) and have worn it only ocassionally in more recent times but i have always loved it

and my phone arrived today although i wont ahve time to set it up till saturday evening at best
i might wear mum's pearl earrings too

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be at the hospital on Monday - Cleveland Clinic - for a team consult. So, tests and appointments all day. But I've decided I'm wearing my pearls anyway We will miss all the live coverage, but I'll record what I can and feel connected via my bling. DH even agreed to be the (frequent) keeper of the pearls during all the appointments. He's the best.

For today, I'm going to the salon, so will bling up after that is done and take some pics :cool2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only pearl I own. I just ordered earrings from Pearl Paradise.

pearl 3.jpg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
oh those are lovelly
i think they could be dressed up or down
may i ask the size of the bead between the pearls please

That’s a good question. It’s three beads between (welo opal sandwiched between two gold discs.). I’ll take a pic with a ruler so you can see the scale. Be back in a minute.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s a good question. It’s three beads between (welo opal sandwiched between two gold discs.). I’ll take a pic with a ruler so you can see the scale. Be back in a minute.

thank you :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results