Is it okay to wear this bracelet 24/7?

• Yes, you'll be fine!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No, it will get lost.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

itspia

Rough_Rock
Hi! Very long time lurker (since 2013) but finally commenting. Have learned so much here, thanks to so many of you! Today I'm hoping to gain some more knowledge/wisdom from this community.
I recently got a DBTY bracelet from BGD (with a lobster instead of spring clasp).
If you have one of these, can you speak to the durability of this bracelet?
I hoped to wear it 24/7 but I've come across some threads (on other forums) about people -gasp- losing their bracelets due to wearing them 24/7 (clasp somehow opens and they don't notice until it's gone). Truth be told, I'm really just hoping for reassurance that 24/7 wear is okay for this piece.
And of course, please find attached to this post a "Glamour shot" of my new bracelet.
18k yellow gold, with 5 0.06 carat diamonds.
Thanks in advance for your words and thoughts! BrianGavin_Bracelet_PRice3b_010919.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you have a safety chain added for peace of mind or is that too annoying? I don't have bracelets but I have two chains on my daily wear necklace for the same reason - paranoid about losing it!

itspia

Rough_Rock
Can you have a safety chain added for peace of mind or is that too annoying?
My instinct is always to add backups to things! That part of me loves the idea of adding a safety chain. But this bracelet is so delicate that a safety chain would almost overwhelm it I think.
I almost wish I could just have it welded together/closed so it just never has to come off and this could be a non-issue :lol-2:. But then also I wonder: in the cases where people have suddenly realized their bracelet is gone, is it from the chain BREAKING (rather than the clasp opening up)??

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing a similar (Non bgd) dbty with a lobster clasp 24/7 for about 5 years now. So I voted yes.
I figured I already got more wear out of it than if I had to take it on & and off. So for me personally it's worth the risk. I'd forget to put it on in the mornings on many days otherwise.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
87344143-F38F-4B0F-9894-BF2AF0EA8ABD.jpeg This type of necklace extender / safety chain (eBay.com) with two spring clasp ends would work very well with your bracelet. It will be very fine and unobtrusive. You can buy a 1 “ length even.

itspia

Rough_Rock
I've been wearing a similar (Non bgd) dbty with a lobster clasp 24/7 for about 5 years now. So I voted yes.
I figured I already got more wear out of it than if I had to take it on & and off. So for me personally it's worth the risk. I'd forget to put it on in the mornings on many days otherwise.
I love this mentality! Maximizing cost per wear. Thank you, exactly what I was hoping to hear.

itspia

Rough_Rock
87344143-F38F-4B0F-9894-BF2AF0EA8ABD.jpeg This type of necklace extender / safety chain (eBay.com) with two spring clasp ends would work very well with your bracelet. It will be very fine and unobtrusive. You can buy a 1 “ length even.
Thank you so much! This is so helpful, I'm about to look on eBay right now.

itspia

Rough_Rock

I wanted to update here and share that I ended up purchasing a 1-inch solid gold double spring clasp extender / safety chain from eBay. Excitedly, I opened it up, and attached it to both rings on either side of the clasp on a bracelet -- and I'm very sad to report that unfortunately, far from being unobtrusive, it totally sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm making a note of that here in case someone else is considering that as a possible solution... It affects how the bracelet is weighted, making the clasp side very heavy in comparison to the rest, and even though the one inch length is almost perfect (there's actually 0.8" between the two rings that the extender is connecting to), it still creates something like a loop on that side (between the original clasp, and the extender itself)... All of this is to say, having tried it, I absolutely would not recommend the solution to others in the same position as me!
I'm just going to keep wearing it as is, and have Hope and Faith that it will stay where it belongs!!! :kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @itspia! If it isn't any trouble, would you mind posting a wrist shot of your beautiful DBTY please? I'm considering this same bracelet but can't decide on diamond size. It's lovely and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from It!

itspia

Rough_Rock
Hi @itspia! If it isn't any trouble, would you mind posting a wrist shot of your beautiful DBTY please? I'm considering this same bracelet but can't decide on diamond size. It's lovely and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from It!
Hi Dandi, see attached.
KUJICAM_2019-01-18-20-53-32_developed_2.jpg
The size of the stones (0.06) and number (5) is perfect, and the BGD version of this bracelet is beautiful and so dainty. It's exactly what I envisioned. But. You know how sometimes you don't know whether something is really YOU until you try it and live with it? After having and living with this bracelet, I'm so sad to realize it's too dainty for my lifestyle and maybe my overall style and look. I am actually contemplating either just putting it away for a while or maybe even reselling it.:(2

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@itspia I'm so sorry to hear the bracelet isn't working out as you'd hoped! Such a shame, as it looks BEAUTIFUL on you. Would it suit you better as an occasional piece perhaps? And thank you for posting the picture, it's very helpful!

itspia

Rough_Rock
@itspia I'm so sorry to hear the bracelet isn't working out as you'd hoped! Such a shame, as it looks BEAUTIFUL on you. Would it suit you better as an occasional piece perhaps? And thank you for posting the picture, it's very helpful!
You're welcome! And that may be what I do - save it for occasions, and hope I grow to love it. I just hate having pieces (especially beautiful ones) I neglect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results