shape
carat
color
clarity

We will rebuild STL. We have the technology.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1451774328|3969781 said:
Ellen|1451738473|3969587 said:
We got some flooding, but nothing real major. They moved the water plant after 93 so it's mainly some parking lots and a few business that get it. Not that it isn't bad for them, I don't mean to make light. It's just not a huge area.

Who actually did the controls on that drone video, do you know? Sure did give a birds eye view of everything.

So glad your sister got out! I bet that was a relief to not feel trapped anymore. :/

Ellen-

Why does everyone else know where you are when I do not? Did you specify your location in this thread?

Deb
I see Ame explained.

I have never disclosed exactly where I live on here, but if I ever did, you would be the first to know my dear friend. ;))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1451763544|3969724 said:
We got some flooding, but nothing real major. They moved the water plant after 93 so it's mainly some parking lots and a few business that get it. Not that it isn't bad for them, I don't mean to make light. It's just not a huge area.

Who actually did the controls on that drone video, do you know? Sure did give a birds eye view of everything.

So glad your sister got out! I bet that was a relief to not feel trapped anymore. :/
She was so glad. She said they were fine but knowing that they couldn't leave was making them all stir crazy. I had sent her that video and she was just devastated seeing all that damage.

I think it was some web design company flying it. I've seen a few more, one or two from Arnold, a couple over West Alton, etc. He's lucky he got away with it, actually. I know that they were told repeatedly not to fly any of them over flooding because of safety concerns to first responders, and that they would be removed from airspace with force and if they identified the owner they'd likely be prosecuted. So a lot of them are being taken out by the police if they were in the airspace, because the police and national guard helicopters are flying low right now, and they're interfering with the helicopters. I am hoping that Cape and Ste. Gen are doing ok. They crest today and tomorrow over 50 ft. They were already really high before that water.
Wow, I never thought about the problems the drones might cause. Pretty hard core! But I can understand.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1451780463|3969822 said:

Ellen-

Why does everyone else know where you are when I do not? Did you specify your location in this thread?

Deb

I see Ame explained.

I have never disclosed exactly where I live on here, but if I ever did, you would be the first to know my dear friend. ;))

There was a time when I used to have a list of people to whom I had sent cakes. I wanted to keep track of names and addresses and also which cakes were popular. But not only is my memory bad. (I can never remember the real name of posters.) I also lose all my papers. So my list of cake recipients got lost in my "office" in Virginia when I moved to Connecticut and Lisa (Kaleigh) took over sending the cakes. Now, even if I sent you a cake, I would have had no idea where you lived! ;))

But thank you for saying I would be the first to know if you were disclosing your location!

Hugs,
(((Ellen)))
Deb

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well gee Deb, don't feel too bad about forgetting names and such since I totally forgot about the lovely cake you sent me! :lol: :oops: ;))

{{{hugs back}}}

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1451779621|3969809 said:
It is so sad to watch the continuing coverage of these floods. Your heart really goes out to so many people in a terrible situation. I imagine the real devastation is yet to come when the waters finally recede and you see what is left. I am glad to hear that all of you near the situation are personally untouched by the flood waters but I really feel for those that have simply lost everything. It is hard to wrap your mind around the loss of life as well. One day you are fine and the next you are living in a nightmare.

Thanks for all of the updates Ame - keeps us all mindful of how fortunate we are and to remember those that are suffering.
Truly. We brought a trunk load of stuff to one of the donation dropoffs, and they actually had to cut off the donations yesterday halfway through. The outpouring of support is amazing.

I will say that this has made me really think hard about paring down, and maybe getting my spending/shopping in order. The idea of having to pack up a car and get out in a hurry has me thinking hard about it. Right now, we just could not do that. And I want to be able to.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen-

Deb
I see Ame explained.

I don't know exactly where, obviously. But I know "where" city/vicinity. I also think we had a similar discussion back in 08...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1451915652|3970367 said:
MissGotRocks|1451779621|3969809 said:
It is so sad to watch the continuing coverage of these floods. Your heart really goes out to so many people in a terrible situation. I imagine the real devastation is yet to come when the waters finally recede and you see what is left. I am glad to hear that all of you near the situation are personally untouched by the flood waters but I really feel for those that have simply lost everything. It is hard to wrap your mind around the loss of life as well. One day you are fine and the next you are living in a nightmare.

Thanks for all of the updates Ame - keeps us all mindful of how fortunate we are and to remember those that are suffering.
Truly. We brought a trunk load of stuff to one of the donation dropoffs, and they actually had to cut off the donations yesterday halfway through. The outpouring of support is amazing.

I will say that this has made me really think hard about paring down, and maybe getting my spending/shopping in order. The idea of having to pack up a car and get out in a hurry has me thinking hard about it. Right now, we just could not do that. And I want to be able to.

It just makes you mindful that all of your possessions are not treasures. I think it's more important to have your important papers somewhat together and to know where the special treasures are - pictures and the truly special, irreplaceable things. I don't think any of us could load up everything but it probably is important to be able to identify in your mind those things that you truly would not want to lose if given the opportunity.

I'm sure everyone has truly appreciated the many donations that have been made and I know you were front and center with as much as you could donate!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1451915698|3970368 said:

Ellen-

Deb
I see Ame explained.

I don't know exactly where, obviously. But I know "where" city/vicinity. I also think we had a similar discussion back in 08...

I have no recollection of ever discussing this before, but then you are 37. (If it were not in this thread, I wouldn't know that fact, either, believe me.) ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, more specifically, Ellen and I. There was pretty serious flooding back in 08.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results