shape
carat
color
clarity

We ordered my Cushion Cut diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers! I've been a lurker for quite some time now and have learned SO MUCH!!! I love this site! Here is the cushion cut stone we just purchased and should receive next week! Hopefully this one is a keeper :)

My Cushion Cut Diamond

Here are the specs:
Cushion Brilliant
Ideal Cut
I VS2
Depth: 69.5%
Table: 64.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Medium to V Thick (Faceted)
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None ( I wish there was due to I color though)
Measurements: 7.39x6.63x4.61
Ratio: 1.11

We have been looking for a 1.5-2.0 carat cushion and our B&M jeweler looked up some in our price range and found a 1.75 G SI2 cushion. It so happened that the diamond he was describing was one that I had already saw specs on at JA, but there was no picture or GIA shown online. Our jeweler said it was a beautiful stone so we took a chance and ordered it from JA (thanks to Pricescope for the additional discount!). Well we got it on Thursday and it was gorgeous, however after looking through the loupe we saw an ugly black inclusion almost in the center of the stone
7.gif
I don't mind some inclusions and knew I would have to sacrifice something to get the size and quality that I wanted but I knew I couldn't live with that particular crystal inclusion. It almost looked like a tiny piece of charcoal! When looking at the diamond to see if it was at least eye clean I could spot the tiny black spec and knew it had to go back. I am not too color sensitive (at least I don't think) so I am excited (and I have to admit a little anxious) to see the new stone in person! We had them pull three stones that I was debating between in our price range. Two were I color and one was H color. Between the three they said this one had the most brilliance and faced up white :) So hopefully it will be the one I've been waiting for.

So, that's my long story. I'll post pics as soon as I get it and will tell you then if I am color sensitive or not :)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
That is really exciting!! Congrats! Post some pics if you can - as I''m sure you''ve learned from reading posts on this website, cushions can be really difficult to evaluate without seeing them in person...or at least without some good pics from the vendor. I''m searching for a cushion myself and I have sure learned A LOT!!

I hope its a keeper!! Let us know if you need any help...there are some great resources on PS.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I would love a nice cushion! I have a pear (married 10 years) but if I were getting engaged today I think I would go for a cushion.

Pics when you get it!!!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I will defnately post pics when I get it :) I guess I''ll see soon enough if the I color is going to work for me :) If it''s too warm I may have to go with a smaller stone with a higher color grade, but in all honesty I think it will be fine. I''m optimistic :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Pics would be great!!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
With a good cut, I''m pretty sure this I/VS2 will face up ''white'' enough for you. :)
Btw, have you decided on the setting yet?

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 9:01:18 AM
Author: DiamondFlame
With a good cut, I''m pretty sure this I/VS2 will face up ''white'' enough for you. :)
Btw, have you decided on the setting yet?
That''s what I''m hoping :) I was actually thinking of a pave halo with milgrain in 18k white gold. I''m not sure if the smaller diamonds in the halo will show the difference in color of the main stone so that''s one of my concerns with the I color. I can''t wait to be able to post pics once it gets here (which should be Wednesday or Thursday).

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
It''s here!!! I''m at work so I haven''t seen it in person but my fiance sent me some pics!!! I''ll try to get better ones when I get home tonight :)

VsCushion1.JPG

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock

VsCushion2.JPG

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock

VsCushion4.JPG

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock

VsCushion6.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It looks really really beautiful!! And, very nice size. Love the pic next to the thumb tack...ha ha!!

So, do tell, how are you going to set it????

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Well it''s back to the drawing board
7.gif
The diamond is going back. I loved the shape and the color was completely fine but there was a persistent bowtie that I could not live with. It made the diamond look too dark in the center. I know my stone is out there but I just hope I find it sooner than later :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pictures definitely had a bowtie. What is your budget and what size are you looking for? Lets see what we can do to help.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and once we do finally find ''the one'' we plan on setting it in a halo setting that we''re having custom made. I''m still undicded if I want to have it with milgrain or not so we''ll see. You can be sure that I will post it as soon as we have it made :) Thanks for all of your nice comments!!!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results