shape
carat
color
clarity

We got hitched! Uber geeky photos inside...

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Hi Priscopers! We had our "Epic Hallo-Wedding" on Halloween and it was a fantastic party :) I'll spare you all the woes of being laid off two weeks before the wedding, and just skip to the quick summary/photo evidence of our happy day!

By far the best part of the day was when hubs surprised me by starting his personally written vows by taking a long pause, and launching into "Mawadge. Mawadge is whut brwinghs us toogthur, tuhday!". I just about died laughing. I got really nervous for some reason as soon as we got on stage (I do theater, and wasn't nervous about getting married at all, so it was very weird), and as soon as I did that I was like "oh yeah, you totally love him. And he makes you laugh, all the time :) "

Everyone remarked about how personal and "us" the whole shindig was. The pizza and homemade cupcackes were a huge hit- and everyone loved the crazy photobooth. We didn't have a lot of money, but we certainly had a lot of fun! My former coworkers surprised me and all showed up to the after-party, which was amazing. Being let go had really affected me for all the pre-wedding festivities, mostly because I felt like I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. It was amazing they all came!

(and P.S.- I got a job and started working 3 days after we got back from the honeymoon :D )

OBB3.jpg

OBB2.jpg

kpsr04101f.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Out in the park across the street from our house...

OBB4.jpg

OBB5.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
there were these beautiful leaves in front of a tree that we had to play in...this is right after hubs threw them at me!

My mother made my skirt, it came out so beautifully :appl:

OBB9.jpg

kpsr04101e.jpg

kpsr04101a.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
We were so excited to be on the marquee...we have a lot of "epic" shots in front of it that are super fun. This is a more bland one, but it's a nice picture of us :)

OBBe.jpg

OBBC.jpg

OBBb.jpg

kpsr04101c.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Ok, one last one so you all can see a little of the GORGEOUS hand stenciled damask wall at our venue...and the cupcakes....mmmm!!! His sister and mother made them for us, we cut a giant cupcake frosted with peanut butter fudge- it was to die for!

kpsr04101d.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, not nearly enough photos! love it---you guys seems so in love & truly *happy* ...and that arbor, goodnes, what a talented friend! congrats :D

oh & i love the button bouquets & the hats!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! It sounds like a wonderful time. Your corset and skirt turned out beautifully and I love the hat and bouquets.

I would have DIED when he busted out The Princess Bride. Priceless!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, IrisAccents, I wish I had been at your wedding! It seems like you had a lot of fun and it definitely looked great. My friend co-officiated at my wedding and for the last 10+ years she'd been threatening to do the "mawwiage" bit from The Princess Bride but she did manage to restrain herself. But I love that your husband did it! Congratulations to the two of you!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's great! I love the originality and creativity. You looked like you were having the time of your life. Congratulations!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Soooooooooooooo wonderful. This is just so awesome. You guys look so incredibly happy. You can really just sense that from the pictures! And my oh my do I LOVE those bouquets!!!!!!!!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I've been waiting for these photos!
Congratulations - you both look stunning, and it looks like it was a fantastic wedding.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely bridal party! Your wedding looked like a hoot. You looked great and so di your new husband. May I ask what style of tux he was wearing?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow. What a wedding! It looks like an absolute blast! You looked gorgeous.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I've been WAITING for these pictures, IA!!!

Firstly, congratulations on your new job!!!

Second, Holy Fabulous Wedding, Batman! You looked positively RADIANT and your hubby looked quite dapper! All of your DIY projects (and those done by your family and friends) turned out to be positively amazing! Your dress, the hats, the bouquets, the Arbor, the cupcakes! Just stunning!

Third...I literally laughed out loud when I saw the expression on the officiant's face during the "Mawadge" photo!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am lost for words!! Absolutely amazing!! Loved every bit of your wedding. It looked like an absolute blast! Congratulations! :appl:

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! It was certainly a good time had by all :)

davi_el_mejor- he didn't wear a tux- it was a conglomeration of pieces. We found the frock coat in Salem, MA, but it had awful cheesy pirate buttons on it. So we purchased really nice pewter celtic buttons and I sewed (all 32 of them!) on instead. It was hard to find dark black pants to go with the coat, so he found a pair of Dockers that worked. He got his shirt, tie, and vest from the Gentlemen's Emporium. He kind of mixed eras a little (1700's and 1910's) but he loved it and I loved it- so it worked out!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love all the pictures, I have been following your other threads and it came together great. You look so happy! Congratulations.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It certainly was EPIC! :appl: :appl: :appl: I love everything about it! It reminds me of the best wedding I ever attended (not my own), which was a masquerade ball on Halloween. Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow- so different and fun! I love it! I think that only a select few can pull that off- and you guys did wonderfully!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing pictures Iris - it looks you you had SO much fun!!! I especially love the leaf pics ::)

Congrats! :bigsmile: And I gotta say, that purple is a *fantastic* colour on you :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Everything looked so wonderful! Really cool design for the wedding decor, and you and DH look fabulous together. Congratulations on your wedding and on the new job! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! looks like it was a fun day :) thanks for sharing the pics!! and congratulations on the new job!!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Everything looks so beautiful and personal... and it looks like you had a great time. I'd love to see more pictures!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! :))Im so glad everything was so perfect for you both!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos! Congrats!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL dress (well, skirt and corset). The color is amazing. I love all your pics, especially the ones where you're playing in the leaves. Oh and yeah, I also love the officiant's expression during your husband's PB speech. It looks like such a fun day!

The button bouquets?! Awesome!

OMG - I would die laughing and then fall even harder in love if my Fiance did the "Mawadge" bit. That is just way too awesome! :appl:
Wish we could see more photos! Everything looks splendiferous (that's splendid, magnificent, and woundrous all-in-one)!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! The whole thing is just fab! Your dress, the fact that the entire thing was sort of non-traditional, but still traditional at the same time... It's amazing! Your pictures are wonderful, congratulations!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE everything about this wedding - incredible! you looked amazing!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You were gorgeous! And your wedding looked like a lot of fun. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results