shape
carat
color
clarity

We finally found our perfect stone....!! (??)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:34:02 PM
Author: Ellen
My my, what a rare find it seems you may have. Congrats, and I too am looking forward to pics. I hope it''s THE one!!

Thank you so much Ellen! :) I hope so too!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Yuppers!
I do like my ''different'' so when I heard about this stone, I was like
6.gif

Haha!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listen, if I could afford D IF in the size stone I wanted, I''d have it, too! So congrats to you on a terrific choice!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 5:04:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Listen, if I could afford D IF in the size stone I wanted, I''d have it, too! So congrats to you on a terrific choice!

HAHA! Awww thanks!
It''s amazing how the price goes up when it hits near a caret! Thankfully for Bryan, I wanted something smaller....!!

9.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Good for you Starspun and congrats! I''m also a D fan and wouldn''t want anything less than colorless! You chose a quality stone and you like flourescence, that''s a personal choice, all the more power to you! I look forward to seeing pics!
35.gif

Cheers!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
StarSpun, congrats on finding a stone with the perfect characteristics for you! My D has medium blue fluorescence, and I just love, love, love that icy white glow in indoor lighting and the slight purple glow in bright sunlight. I am a fluoro girl all the way -- and I love that it is considered a "negative" (price wise) in a D.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 7:57:09 PM
Author: Kay
StarSpun, congrats on finding a stone with the perfect characteristics for you! My D has medium blue fluorescence, and I just love, love, love that icy white glow in indoor lighting and the slight purple glow in bright sunlight. I am a fluoro girl all the way -- and I love that it is considered a ''negative'' (price wise) in a D.

do you know why is it considered negative??
33.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
StarSpun, congrats on finding a stone with the perfect characteristics for you! My D has medium blue fluorescence, and I just love, love, love that icy white glow in indoor lighting and the slight purple glow in bright sunlight. I am a fluoro girl all the way -- and I love that it is considered a ''negative'' (price wise) in a D.

33.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Starspun!!! I think it''s great that you know what you want and you''ve found it! and you haven''t let ''conventional'' norms sway you form what you want. I love it! I am also a big fan of tension settings. Larger stones don''t look as good in tensions anyway.

Sounds like you have the perfect setup, congrats again.

a

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you want a stone around the .50 carat range, I''m not going to try talk you out of a D/IF. Some people just have preferences for higher clarity/color and that''s fine. If you wanted a bigger stone, now that might be another story
2.gif

It looks like a beauty to me, great cut parameters. I can''t wait to see the pics! Tension settings are so cool.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Starspun, I can''t wait to see your finished ring. My husband has tension set ring and I absolutely love staring at it!
30.gif

What kind of tension setting are you planning to get? Do you have any pics?

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 5:59:48 AM
Author: Milly
Starspun, I can't wait to see your finished ring. My husband has tension set ring and I absolutely love staring at it!
30.gif

What kind of tension setting are you planning to get? Do you have any pics?

First off, thank you Kcoursolle, Angeline, Clarygrace, and Kay!
Milly, here is a pic of it, although I can't decide if I want the one with the more pointed ends (like the one below) or the more squared off one that I have seen. Bran likes the more squared off and I might agree with him:)
Of course, we're getting a custom wedding band to go with it....
Here's a bit of an example of how someone did a custom band for a setting that is similar:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/allergy-ordeal-grinds-to-halt-with-lovely-ending-pics.51648/

And here is the design!
catsring.jpg

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 12:32:24 AM
Author: anacgarcia

33.gif

Heya!

From what I''ve read, the blue-white stones were kinda sought after awhile back....even the ones in the high white area (DEF) with fl. Of course, trends always change and because 2-3% of the time a DEF with fl can be oily or milky looking, I guess people were scared of fl. Now, it seems to bring down the price a lot because there is a less of a demand due to the fear that people have when they hear the word ''fluorescent''. That''s ok though, works out for me and the others who like fl in a stone!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like that setting. It flows really well.
21.gif
What type of band will you wear with it? Or will you wear one?

Congrats! on maybe finding the right stone. I so so wanted fluor in a stone. Mine is Med Blue. I''m in search of a small fluor black light. Maybe you can start searching for one now so we can see BLUE photos of your stone when you get it.
21.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 9:32:07 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh I really like that setting. It flows really well.
21.gif
What type of band will you wear with it? Or will you wear one?

Congrats! on maybe finding the right stone. I so so wanted fluor in a stone. Mine is Med Blue. I''m in search of a small fluor black light. Maybe you can start searching for one now so we can see BLUE photos of your stone when you get it.
21.gif

Heya!

Thanks for the comments! I do love it as well. Will be getting a custom wedding band for this style. Someone had the right idea here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/allergy-ordeal-grinds-to-halt-with-lovely-ending-pics.51648/

I''ll for sure have a blacklight handy for pictures. I used to have a few of them around my desk set up when I lived in a condo, but now that we''re on the road (in an RV!) I''ll have to get another smaller one. Maybe I''ll check Ebay!
9.gif

How do you like your med fl? Any clarity problems at all?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey starspun! I think it''s perfectly alright to have a sweet spot for D-IF if you can afford it... My own sweet spot is G-VS2. By the way, I LOVE blue flour... Mine has faint fluor, and I wish it had MORE!

That said, I think your ring will look stunning!
36.gif
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting. You get to have the perfect diamond. And I mean that in more ways than one. I would just love to have a D/IF diamond. So rare, and so icy white. Can''t wait to see pics. Lucky girl.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No clarity problems with Med Blue Fluor. that I can see! Hopefully yours will be clear too!! My fingers are crossed for you.
9.gif

davidwolf

Rough_Rock
I would be curious to know what a D/IF .5 costs. I would be sure that you could find a much larger stone for the same price, your eyes probably could not tell the difference either.

Either way, congratz!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 3:43:57 PM
Author: davidwolf
I would be curious to know what a D/IF .5 costs. I would be sure that you could find a much larger stone for the same price, your eyes probably could not tell the difference either.

Either way, congratz!

Thank you Davidwolf, Anchor31, Gothgrrl and Stone Hunter! :D

Davidwolf, the stone I am getting is $4999 ($4830 bank wire). Thing is, I don't want a larger stone, my maximum was first .80 but upon looking at more in person, it changed to .60. So this is a perfect size for me....and it has the specs I wanted. Chances are my eyes would not tell the difference (although, knowing me, you never know, depending on the stats of course!) but D/IF is just something I just *wanted* if you know what I mean....one of THOSE things;-)

For the right stone, this price was not a big deal. Maybe the stong fl balanced it out a bit too;-) Haha!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - looks like a great stone! I too have a D w/ strong blue fluor, and I love it!

Davidwolf - looks like about $5k, not that it matters. They got what they wanted. I''m sure a larger stone could have been obtained, but obviously size was not the driving priority here, nor was it when I bought my upgrade stone.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 5:17:14 PM
Author: ecf8503
Congratulations - looks like a great stone! I too have a D w/ strong blue fluor, and I love it!

Davidwolf - looks like about $5k, not that it matters. They got what they wanted. I''m sure a larger stone could have been obtained, but obviously size was not the driving priority here, nor was it when I bought my upgrade stone.

Heya!

Glad to meet someone likeminded:) I actually used you and your pics as an example on the first page of this thread....I hope you don''t mind. Actually, when I was doing my research on fl, I came across your posts on here....they were so helpful and made me feel more at ease with the fl thing....and eventually I made that a requirment:D

Lovely shots by the way....and if you have anymore of your stone, please share!
:)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2006 5:48:35 PM
Author: StarSpun

Heya!

Glad to meet someone likeminded:) I actually used you and your pics as an example on the first page of this thread....I hope you don''t mind. Actually, when I was doing my research on fl, I came across your posts on here....they were so helpful and made me feel more at ease with the fl thing....and eventually I made that a requirment:D

Thanks StarSpun -

I have PLENTY of pics of my rings - I''ll get some more into my thread when I have time (seems a little awkward to add into a 1 1/2 year old thread, but since you insist...
2.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 7:41:41 AM

Date: 11/2/2006 12:32:24 AM
Author: anacgarcia

33.gif

Heya!

From what I''ve read, the blue-white stones were kinda sought after awhile back....even the ones in the high white area (DEF) with fl. Of course, trends always change and because 2-3% of the time a DEF with fl can be oily or milky looking, I guess people were scared of fl. Now, it seems to bring down the price a lot because there is a less of a demand due to the fear that people have when they hear the word ''fluorescent''. That''s ok though, works out for me and the others who like fl in a stone!
36.gif
Yes, "blue-white" stones were highly prized for a while; I believe particularly in the first half of the 20th Century. (My favorite aunt, who is in her late 80s and owns a gorgeous 3+ carat e-ring solitaire, was very proud to tell me it is a "blue white" diamond. I wish I was in line to inherit that rock.
2.gif
) Only a D/E stone with medium to strong blue fluor should be called blue white. At some point, the FTC imposed strict limits on the use of the term "blue-white" diamond by the trade, because it was frequently used in a deceptive fashion.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about fluoresecence, which scares people away from it. In approximately 2% of stones with fluor, the fluor causes an oily or hazy appearance. (I''m not scared because if I received one of those, I''d just return it.) Some blue fluor can make a slightly tinted stone (like I-J-K, etc) look whiter, and so fluor can cause a price increase in that color range. However, since D-E-F is already white and doesn''t "need" the help, the concerns some people have about fluor causes a slight price decrease in the rarer/more expensive color grades.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2006 5:51:30 PM
Date: 11/2/2006 5:48:35 PM

Heya!

Thanks StarSpun -

I have PLENTY of pics of my rings - I''ll get some more into my thread when I have time (seems a little awkward to add into a 1 1/2 year old thread, but since you insist...
2.gif

Hey Starspun - new pics of my ring here

IMG_4464 (Small) (2).JPG

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Holy!

It''s gorgeous....going to other thread now to drool:D

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
congrats, it sounds really good.

Will we be able to see a picture of this sparkler? Keep us in the loop!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
StarSpun,

I don''t know how I missed this thread before- but I have an H with strong blue fluorescence and I love it!! I am so excited to see your perfect D-IF w/ strong blue fluorescence. I have yet to master digital photography,so my pics aren''t so great but you can see mine in my avatar. I was a little hesitant (because of the fluor)when I first found my stone, but as I continued to eliminate my other prospects, this one just kept sparkling to me! Anyway, when I next look for a stone for a pendant, I plan to look specifically for one with med/sb fluoresence.

Will you have your stone soon?
20.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for writing! I will for sure put pictures up when I get em! I was so excited when I was at Good Old Gold, that I totally forgot to take pictures! DOH!

The diamond is being sent to RocDoc in Florida (where we''re heading with the RV!) for more tests and fun stuff, which we can''t wait to see! I''ll be sure to get pictures then....!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2006 1:09:27 AM
Author: lucyloo
StarSpun,

I don''t know how I missed this thread before- but I have an H with strong blue fluorescence and I love it!! I am so excited to see your perfect D-IF w/ strong blue fluorescence. I have yet to master digital photography,so my pics aren''t so great but you can see mine in my avatar. I was a little hesitant (because of the fluor)when I first found my stone, but as I continued to eliminate my other prospects, this one just kept sparkling to me! Anyway, when I next look for a stone for a pendant, I plan to look specifically for one with med/sb fluoresence.

Will you have your stone soon?
20.gif

Oh, what a lovely ring in your avatar! I''m so glad people are liking the fluoro now....
I''m the same as you....I want all my diamonds to have fluoro! I''m sure Bryan is reading this going: ''ALL her diamonds?'' Haha, the floodgate has been opened!
9.gif
36.gif
31.gif

I''ll have the stone soon....I hope! It''s being sent to RocDoc (Florida) and we''re picking it up from there!

Yay! I can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results