shape
carat
color
clarity

WE DID IT!!! Our ChicagosportsDIYsuperfunapalooza Wedding!:)

Chi-amiGal

Rough_Rock
I CANNOT believe it's already been a couple months, but we did it!!!

Life since the wedding has been a whirlwind of grad school, new apt, & new puppy (I'll try to have pics of her up eventually too!), but my hubby and I are extremely happy, and we are THRILLED with the first round of wedding photos that our photographer put up on his blog!

I am so SO proud of all the hard work, creativity, and love that my husband and I, as well as our friends, family and AMAZING vendors put into creating our totally fun, (and wildy unconventional) wedding, and I really wanted to share it with as MANY people as possible- to show any brides or grooms out that who are considering something offbeat- that it CAN be done!:)

I guess I'll give a little info before I add pics/ links: My husband and I had this crazy dream about 3 years ago of incorporating our favorite sports teams into our wedding, though we initially thought it wouldn't be possible until AFTER I finished grad school & we lived in Chicago (once again). Due to certain events, we decided we would attempt to have the wedding earlier, and so started calling planners in our unique locations (and some vendors) last summer. Then, it was a CRAZY time of planning and obsessing over wedding websites (Stylemepretty, Greenweddingshoes, Ruffled, Snippet&ink, etc.), capped off by a 3 month trip for me to Chicago to pull it all together, create all the DIY elements, etc. Like I said, I am over the moon with the results, and I cannot WAIT to get the full album back from our immensely talented photographer, Jeremy Lawson.

I'm going to put up the link to our wedding, which is on Jeremy's blog, where he has captioned most of the photos to explain how the big day went, but I realized that unfortunately, he didn't have any shots of our invites (which took SO much hard work!)- So I'll start with some of the photos I took of those:)

*We made some fun Save The Dates, though I don't know if I have full pics of those on hand- I'll try to find those to include later...

100 of our closest family members/ friends came home one day to find this in their mailbox:
Outside%20of%20invitations.jpg

My husband and I DIYed the packages (about 50 total for 100 guests)- from the calligraphy (I gave it my best shot!), to the decorative baseball banner accents in the corners, and ordered baseball-related stamps from Zazzle.:)

When our guests opened the package, there was a Cracker Jack box inside (again, we made the front label using vellum that we printed on via our laser printer, then cut)- and inside of that, was our invitation package, which was inside a prize pouch that we made (again with vellum)- and cut - to look exactly like the prize pouches you find in a real Cracker Jack Box. I didn't include it in the picture, but we actually put a layer of Cracker Jack popcorn inside of the box as well! (Most guests LOVED this- except for a couple instances where shipping took a few days and things weren't as fresh, but hey- we tried our best!).
Open%20invitation.jpg

When the guests opened the surprise prize pouch, our invites were inside, along with a little spinner prize, shown on the bottom right (I created them with the help of Martha Stewart:)). The actual invites were printed by Papersource (if you're ever in Naperville, IL- stop in- they're wonderful!), and we ordered all the plain white box mailers from them to create the Cracker Jack Boxws, but other than that- DIY baby! Opened%20Invite%20Set.jpg

Included with the invitations and spinner prize was a information booklet for all our guests-designed to look like a Cubs baseball guide with basic Q &A sections about our ceremony, reception locations, times, hotels, etc.:) Took about a week to create, but it helped our guests IMMENSELY for the fun day that was to be our wedding.......

SO.....

With this being said, a good handful of pics from our wedding are here!!!:

http://www.jeremylawsonphotography.com/blog.cfm?postID=564

As you can see, there's a TON of other DIY elements (I went a little nuts, but I'm SO happy with how things turned out!). The candy buffet was a LOT of work, but I had SO much fun in the process: collecting vintage tins and pieces of furniture, and cutting ALL THAT RIBBON!:) The photo wall was a project that my Dad and I created together- He thought it was a strange idea when I first approached him about it, but he sure was beaming with pride that night when everyone was using it!
The ONLY sort of regret that we have is: Yes, the Cubs game did get rained out (I guess you can say we're used to SOME kind of let down- we ARE Cubs fans after all ;))- but SO many people told us they had an amazing time even without the game (There aren't too many photos of our musicians (Justin Enco Band), but they are good friends and popular performers in the West Palm Beach/ Ft. Lauderdale area that we flew in and ROCKED the rooftop!) In fact, the owners of that rooftop loved them so much, that they're considering possibly scheduling them for future gigs for next year (I guess they're willing to fly them up from FL to Chicago!)

So I guess I've thrown out sufficient recommendations and background info for now- hope you enjoy the pics, and please feel free to pass this all on (if you know anyone who is considering an offbeat wedding, and needs ideas!) If you have any questions, I'll try to do my best to answer, though I do have mid-terms starting Monday! Thanks Guys!!!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: WE DID IT!!! Our ChicagosportsDIYsuperfunapalooza Weddin

Amazing! And congratulations on your wedding!
I especially love the Hall of Fame photo booth at your reception. So cute!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

OMG hun I LOVVEEE your pictures; your photographer was fabulous.

More importantly though, I love your wedding. You are so creative and I love how personal everything was. Definitely looked like I fun wedding! As a wedding planner, I find myself very critical, and I must say, kudos to you! :appl:

Very cool invites. Those definitely "take the cake," if you will pardon the expression! The photos are incredible, and what a different but totally awesome way to get married. Congrats!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

I adore your wedding! What a fun and unique day!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love it!! So creative :)

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! That is one of the most creative weddings I have ever seen. Way to put you guys in there....I love the train pics and reception. You looked beautiful! Just looks like such a personal wedding which are my fave!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looks like a BLAST! And you look stunning! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a great wedding! You looked so beautiful! Congratulations!!

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock

Cute. Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your wedding looked amazing and FUN! Everyone looks like they had a great time and your details were just perfect.

Congratulations!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Your wedding looks like so much fun! And you looked gorgeous. What a fantastic idea!

Chi-amiGal

Rough_Rock

Thank you guys!!!

It definitely was a blast, and I wish it would've lasted longer than just one day (then again, what bride WOULDN'T want that??? :lol: )
I also wish I didn't everload my personal life with SO many changes immediately following the wedding (ie: moving back to FL, starting grad school, and getting a 12 week old lab puppy that chews EVERYTHING- and yes, I am a 1st time dog owner :rolleyes: ). It's literally like we had the big day and them BOOM!Tons of responsibility and work...but then again, that's life, right?:) Anyway, at least we have wonderful memories and amazing pictures to look back upon on during the rough days:) And- the awesome thing is many of my close friends (including all of my bridesmaids) are not married yet (though a few are in the process)- so there will be more wedding fun to come (I can't wait to see what they do!)

:appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

well, except for being a Cubs fan...

love it all! Looks like such a fun time was had by all and the little details are just great!

(I married a diehard White Sox Fan, what can I say?)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Those. Invites. Are. AMAZING. Congratulations, HELL of a job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results