shape
carat
color
clarity

We chose a diamond! And it GLOWS :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an exquisite stone! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your finished piece!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, one final update! After interviewing a few different designers we decided on CvB to make our ring :mrgreen:. Without PS I never would have known about her (or IDJ), so you have our forever gratitude. We've already sent her a sketch of an idea of what we have in mind for the top and shoulders and are letting her take it from there. I can't wait to see what her creativity does with it!!

Lastly, here's a new photo from IDJ :appl:. It's me holding the diamond shortly after we decided it was "the one"
IMG_1603.JPG

Beautiful stone.. I cannot wait to see it set.. congratulations!!!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone :love:
I'm sure CvB will not disappoint! I'll be following your progress, I LOVE Asschers and fluorescence both.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No SMTB post yet. I'll wait until we have a setting done (interviewing a couple of designers this week, so it's still at least a few months away). But I had to share some photos!!

We ended up purchasing from Yekutiel at IDJ. It was such a delight to deal with him; he pulled in 8 diamonds for us to see and gave us all the time in the world to look at them, ask questions, etc. We finally narrowed it down to our top three and it was sooooo hard to decide on THE ONE. He ran ASET's and Sarin's on those three to help us out; having "advanced eyes", we knew we might not see imperfections that others would - lol!

One had the proportions of a Royal Asscher (high crown, small table, etc) and was triple EX on the Sarin report; we both loved how it looked and lit up but it was an H color and that really bothered my BF. One was perfectly square and had an excellent overall balance; the ASET and Sarin were very good too, and it was Yekutiel's choice if he had to choose one. And one had a slightly lower Sarin than the first, slightly better ASET than the second, had deliciously wide facets, and was the high color my BF really wanted. AND... it turned out to have the fluoroescence I hoped for! Sold!!!

Stats:
3.01 carat asscher cut
D color
VS1 clarity
Table - 62%
Depth - 66.4%
Girdle - Slightly-thick to thick
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very good
Fluorescence - Strong blue

I'm so in love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG
Beyond gorgeous!!

TUTU

Rough_Rock
No SMTB post yet. I'll wait until we have a setting done (interviewing a couple of designers this week, so it's still at least a few months away). But I had to share some photos!!

We ended up purchasing from Yekutiel at IDJ. It was such a delight to deal with him; he pulled in 8 diamonds for us to see and gave us all the time in the world to look at them, ask questions, etc. We finally narrowed it down to our top three and it was sooooo hard to decide on THE ONE. He ran ASET's and Sarin's on those three to help us out; having "advanced eyes", we knew we might not see imperfections that others would - lol!

One had the proportions of a Royal Asscher (high crown, small table, etc) and was triple EX on the Sarin report; we both loved how it looked and lit up but it was an H color and that really bothered my BF. One was perfectly square and had an excellent overall balance; the ASET and Sarin were very good too, and it was Yekutiel's choice if he had to choose one. And one had a slightly lower Sarin than the first, slightly better ASET than the second, had deliciously wide facets, and was the high color my BF really wanted. AND... it turned out to have the fluoroescence I hoped for! Sold!!!

Stats:
3.01 carat asscher cut
D color
VS1 clarity
Table - 62%
Depth - 66.4%
Girdle - Slightly-thick to thick
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very good
Fluorescence - Strong blue

I'm so in love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG

Stunning choice...Can't wait to see when ring is done.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience with Yekutiel at IDJ. I can't wait to see how you and CvB set your beauty! Would you mind sharing the measurements (L x W x H) of your stone? Are the stone images posted in the same order you mentioned them in your first post?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your experience with Yekutiel at IDJ. I can't wait to see how you and CvB set your beauty! Would you mind sharing the measurements (L x W x H) of your stone? Are the stone images posted in the same order you mentioned them in your first post?
I don't mind at all :). It's 7.98 x 7.97 x 5.29

And all of those photos are of the diamond we chose; I was too caught up in everything that I neglected to take photos of the ones we didn't choose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results