shape
carat
color
clarity

We chose a diamond! And it GLOWS :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No SMTB post yet. I'll wait until we have a setting done (interviewing a couple of designers this week, so it's still at least a few months away). But I had to share some photos!!

We ended up purchasing from Yekutiel at IDJ. It was such a delight to deal with him; he pulled in 8 diamonds for us to see and gave us all the time in the world to look at them, ask questions, etc. We finally narrowed it down to our top three and it was sooooo hard to decide on THE ONE. He ran ASET's and Sarin's on those three to help us out; having "advanced eyes", we knew we might not see imperfections that others would - lol!

One had the proportions of a Royal Asscher (high crown, small table, etc) and was triple EX on the Sarin report; we both loved how it looked and lit up but it was an H color and that really bothered my BF. One was perfectly square and had an excellent overall balance; the ASET and Sarin were very good too, and it was Yekutiel's choice if he had to choose one. And one had a slightly lower Sarin than the first, slightly better ASET than the second, had deliciously wide facets, and was the high color my BF really wanted. AND... it turned out to have the fluoroescence I hoped for! Sold!!!

Stats:
3.01 carat asscher cut
D color
VS1 clarity
Table - 62%
Depth - 66.4%
Girdle - Slightly-thick to thick
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very good
Fluorescence - Strong blue

I'm so in love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyy it looks beautiful and I love fluorescence, too!! :love: Yekutiel is wonderful...it's hard not to like him! What are the dimensions of your stone? Do you have the ASETs or images of this one compared to the others that you could post for our knowledge? Looking forward to seeing your end result!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow! :appl: D is for delish...........................

I would love to have seen all the other comparisons....of course I am unreasonable!:cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. Congrats on your purchase. While I'm more of abMRB kinda guy, I'm starting to get an itch for asschers (especially an Octavia).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it looks very beautiful! Congrats and I can't wait to see it set!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! ... and I love the blue bonus. :dance:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness - that fluorescence is stunning! Of course there's nothing shoddy about the stone without the special effects, either!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICE!!!!! Looks like IDJ took care of it all. Great that you got to choose by looking at a bunch IRL. Can't wait to see how you set it.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stone. I'll be dreaming of this tonight!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! So glad you found what you were looking for!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! That's just lovely. How are you setting it? Can't wait to see handshots when it's done.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How exciting! Have you checked to see if it also phosphoresces? Try shining the black light on it in a totally dark room, then turn it off. My (blue) fluorescent diamonds phosphoresce orange, which is fun!

What a beautiful diamond!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Amazing diamond! LOVE the fluorescence - can't wait to see what you set it in!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It really does glow! Congrats on finding The One!

Dster

Rough_Rock
I'm glad your search had such a successful ending. It's gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on finding a stone you love! I love fluorescence, too!

I am not sure what kind of setting you have in mind, but I am hoping you are talking to ringmakers you found here!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone can't wait to see how you set it!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I couldn't wait to share it with you since this forum helped me learn and prepare so much for this purchase. I keep thinking of things that I should have mentioned (like how Yekutiel cleared out his entire morning to spend with us/call in additional diamonds if needed/do ASET's... seriously, four hours were blocked off!... since we were flying in (and not just around-the-corner local) and he wanted to make sure we left 1000% happy) so I might update this thread from time to time if I think of things that might be useful to others in the future! For now:

Yayyy it looks beautiful and I love fluorescence, too!! :love: Yekutiel is wonderful...it's hard not to like him! What are the dimensions of your stone? Do you have the ASETs or images of this one compared to the others that you could post for our knowledge? Looking forward to seeing your end result!!! :appl:

Thanks so much! I have the ASET's but can't remember which was which in real life - lol! I swear by the time we left we were cross-eyed and couldn't keep the diamonds straight. Even talking about it all again on the flight home we were saying, "Wait, is that how it went? I thought we saw X and then chose Y but then switched to Z" :lol:. Anyway, I digress. Here are the three stones. I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts on them! Oh, one thing I will say is that it's SO TRUE that ASET's don't always tell the whole picture with stepcuts. Even Yekutiel was surprised at the way some of the images came out. Oh, another interesting thing is that if the diamond is off angle on the tray even by the slightest amount it really impacts how the images turn out, so what might look like a problem in the photo could be just fine in person.
FullSizeRender-6.jpg FullSizeRender-8.jpg FullSizeRender-5.jpg
HI:

Wow! :appl: D is for delish...........................

I would love to have seen all the other comparisons....of course I am unreasonable!:cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

It's funny... after leaving there I kept thinking of all the things I wish I'd done (and taking photos/videos of the three together was one of those!). Hopefully the images above might help a bit :) And, Yekutiel's wife took some photos and a video of our choice for me with their good camera and I'm hoping to get those soon (I'll share if I do!).

Oh my goodness - that fluorescence is stunning! Of course there's nothing shoddy about the stone without the special effects, either!

Thanks. I just wanted you to know that my BF really smiled at your comment :)

What a stone. I'll be dreaming of this tonight!

Awww :D And I totally did! I woke up at 4am and couldn't help but grab my phone to look at the photos and video over and over.

How exciting! Have you checked to see if it also phosphoresces? Try shining the black light on it in a totally dark room, then turn it off. My (blue) fluorescent diamonds phosphoresce orange, which is fun!

What a beautiful diamond!

Unfortunately I can't check anytime soon because I wont be seeing it again for at least three months :-o. Yekutiel thankfully saved us from shipping it to where we live. We were discussing with him our plans for designing the setting and he offered to ship it to the designer we choose so that 1) it wouldn't cost us anything (apparently personal shipping of a loose stone of that value is in the 4-digits!) and 2) insurance would cover it (he said personal insurance companies won't cover unmounted stones but business insurance will). So as hard as it is to be without it, I'm grateful we had that conversation.

Congrats on finding a stone you love! I love fluorescence, too!

I am not sure what kind of setting you have in mind, but I am hoping you are talking to ringmakers you found here!

Thanks! It's funny... in the course of a month I went from being completely biased against fluorescence to loving it. My BF and I were talking on the flight home about how our stone has it and he kept saying how giddy I was at IDJ when I saw it for the first time. I told him that I had truly thought I'd be okay if the diamond we chose didn't have it, but I now realize that I would have always felt like it was missing something and longing for a stone with strong blue fluoro. As for designers, CvB is one of the ones we are talking with. We're hoping to make a decision by the end of the week!

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!, Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember you saying that on the other thread, now that you mention it! Can't wait to see what setting you decide on!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just wanted to say that it's wonderful to feel the excitement and joy running through this thread. That's the way diamond buying should be.

Cheers to IlikeShiny and all the helpful, enthusiastic forum members!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Ooooohhhhhhh it's lovely! I can't wait to see how you set it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone...so cool that it glows!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, one final update! After interviewing a few different designers we decided on CvB to make our ring :mrgreen:. Without PS I never would have known about her (or IDJ), so you have our forever gratitude. We've already sent her a sketch of an idea of what we have in mind for the top and shoulders and are letting her take it from there. I can't wait to see what her creativity does with it!!

Lastly, here's a new photo from IDJ :appl:. It's me holding the diamond shortly after we decided it was "the one"
IMG_1603.JPG

Lenapie

Rough_Rock
That's an amazing stone! Congratulations! I also love fluorescence and how it makes the stone glow! Excited to see your finished ring. :)

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, one final update! After interviewing a few different designers we decided on CvB to make our ring :mrgreen:. Without PS I never would have known about her (or IDJ), so you have our forever gratitude. We've already sent her a sketch of an idea of what we have in mind for the top and shoulders and are letting her take it from there. I can't wait to see what her creativity does with it!!

Lastly, here's a new photo from IDJ :appl:. It's me holding the diamond shortly after we decided it was "the one"
IMG_1603.JPG

That stone is über pretty! I'm now thinking that for my wife's next ring, I'm really considering an asscher. Far better than a lot of the asschers I've seen here in Australia.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:It's gorgeous and 3 carats!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just wanted to say that it's wonderful to feel the excitement and joy running through this thread. That's the way diamond buying should be.

Cheers to IlikeShiny and all the helpful, enthusiastic forum members!

Agreed. A ring from CVB will also be divine. Caysie does awesome work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results