shape
carat
color
clarity

WB matched for baguette side stone e-rings??

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having trouble figuring out a wedding band to go with my engagement ring. Everything I've ever dreamt I wanted doesn't look "right" next to it. Bands don't sit flush since the baguettes and the solitaire extend out from the setting, so I'm having a notched spacer made.

I've spoken to a few people who've said this style is the hardest to "match" with. It's driving me crazy. I want something thin, so it doesn't take the attention away from the engagement ring. I tried on a band with baguettes, and it drove me nuts that the baguettes in the band were straight, but my e-ring setting's are tapered. I tried on a band, and it was taller than my setting. I tried on a band, and it was thicker than my setting's band. NOTHING is scratching my itch, but I don't know what will!

Help? Have you seen sets like this that "worked"?

E-ring for reference:

_1365.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on a ridiculous number of bands. Nothing worked for me.

I finally settled on the EW Imogen or my plain Tiffany Platinum Wedding Band.

_2695.jpeg

_2696.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely beautiful! I think I would consider a thin platinum band. Very clean, classic and no worries about matching diamond colors or shapes. It wouldn't sit flush but I think I would like that too with that ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
double post

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
triple post

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel (or should I say felt) your pain Mandelise...I used to wear a pear with baguette side stones and nothing (and I mean nothing)
went with it unless I had the matching baguette band made to go with it which I didnt want. My ring set up high and the baguettes
were up high at a slant. Nothing worked all that good but I finally ended up with a 5 stone ring that started/ended where my
baguettes started and ended. It went on my rounded side of my pear. I dont think this will work for you though. :((

I like what Mayk has in her first picture...maybe you could contact CVB and tell her what your issue is and have her design something
for you that goes with your ring but isnt matchy-matchy.

I think your ring is gorgeous and I'm not against wearing by itself. It certainly can hold its own!

Edit...I should have said that I finally had my pear reset (after my love/hate affair with the baguettes). Now I'm in a love/love relationship again...see avatar.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a French cut sapphire band.

The "style " goes, but they are not diamonds, so they will not be compared to your side baguettes?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think Tiffany sells this ring anymore, bit if you could find it...

_36897.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squared off rounds.

721_0.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
More...

Fay Cullen band: http://www.faycullen.com/Wedding-Bands-2/5825/

Channel set asscher band: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Channel-Set-Asscher-Cut-s/1846.htm

Shared prong asschers: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Asscher-Cut-Eternity-Bands-s/1845.htm

This is kind of what I was thinking when I posted earlier, baguettes set north/south, and milgrain--I actually really love this, may put this on my own wish list (maybe a version of this that's custom made to be the same height as your ring?): http://www.since1910.com/sylvie-sy711b-baguette-diamond-wedding-band

No idea about this seller, but I think this could look interesting, the shape of the setting reflects the shape of baguettes: https://www.platinumplusdesigns.com/wedding-eternity-bands-c-22/722s-103p-ultra-thin-fancy-shaped-french-cut-baguette-diamond-and-diamond-platinum-eternity-wedding-band-p-613

Edited to add one more, really love this one, too, with the engraving (you'd see it when worn since the view is usually of the bottom of your rings, with the sides facing toward you): http://www.whatsparklesmostisyou.com/collections/ladies-wedding-bands/products/kirk-kara-hand-engraved-diamond-wedding-ring-from-the-stella-collection-featuring-0-37-carats-of-baguette-diamonds-in-18kt-white-gold

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one?

erikakwinters_959663309717751064_26768312.png

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel|1459446767|4013778 said:
This one?

This one gets my vote! I love that band.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I vote for the one you tried on at DK. :(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1459453360|4013835 said:
Niel|1459446767|4013778 said:
This one?

This one gets my vote! I love that band.

I like this one too...

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise,
I'm not sure if I told you congratulations on your engagement--but, congratulations! I saw your thread about your engagement and I'm so happy for you!

I love your e-ring and think it's perfect like it is. I would wear the e-ring alone and wear a wedding band separately if it were mine. However, I understand you wanting a wedding set. You always seem to make fabulous jewelry choices, so I look forward to seeing what you choose. Best wishes to you! :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous engagement ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1459376924|4013369 said:
Your ring is absolutely beautiful! I think I would consider a thin platinum band. Very clean, classic and no worries about matching diamond colors or shapes. It wouldn't sit flush but I think I would like that too with that ring.

Yup, love this idea best.

Congrats. You're EC is stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results