shape
carat
color
clarity

Wax pictures are in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xiao

Rough_Rock
I've finally chosen a jeweler to make a custom setting for a stone that I picked out a while back. Here's the little beauty I bought off Ebay - 1.05ct I/SI2 transitional cut

trans_xj_small.jpg

The custom setting I went with is a half eternity prong set pave. I requested an integrated head (vs. a peg head) reminiscent of the WF Legato. I was inspired by LynnB's beautiful ring.

I finally received the first wax photos.
I personally feel that the prongs could be a little thinner to better match the delicate look of the scallop. However, the jeweler assures me that the final product will be thinner than in the pictures.
In no way am I an expert on this, so I would appreciate any comments, critique, advice at this point before the ring is cast.
Thanks!

xj_waxIMAGE_1.jpg

xiao

Rough_Rock
here''s another view..

xj_waxIMAGE_2.jpg

xiao

Rough_Rock
one more..

xj_waxIMAGE_3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would keep the wax the way it is, it look fantastic!! The jeweler is right that the prongs will look much thinner when it is finished. In addition, prongs can always be thinned out later on, so it doesn't hurt to keep them the way they are now.

ETA: that stone is gorgeous by the way!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Looks great--love the stone.

xiao

Rough_Rock
Just received one with a diamond in it for size reference. Doesn''t seem to be the transitional.

xj_waxBB_1.jpg

xiao

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance.
I am probably just experiencing separation anxiety.
40.gif

We have been emailing back and forth, and the jeweler seems very confident that the final product will have a more refined and elegant look.

I''ve read only excellent reviews about this jeweler, so I''m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best at this point!
I''m sure the ring will look very different once the sidestones are mounted.
Can''t wait for my bling to be ready!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Looks great, I will be looking forward to the finished product
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous, what a great Ebay find
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone! I think you''ve got a great match there, with that setting and the stone!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a gorgeous ring when it is finished...I look forward to your pictures!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Love your stone and the ring design is great
36.gif

I can''t wait to see it finished!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to be lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results