shape
carat
color
clarity

"Wave" type wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone purchased the matching wedding band that compliments the Vatche XProng? Please post pictures on your gal''s hand if you got ''em.

I thought the wave thing was kina wierd, I guess still is, if you''re not wearing the e-ring, but I imagine it looks great paired together.

Thanks.

802-m-b.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sorry not a fan of the "wave", so I couldn't say. I would rather a little space and have a right hand ring if I wanted, or to wear it alone with no odd appearances.
nono.gif

I think Vatche made that wave specifically for the X-Prong, so it should fit well if that's what it nicest to you...

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you should ask because I just noticed (with some alarm, I might add) that , too.

I am getting the Vatche x-prong and starting to think about wedding bands, too.

I don't think that wave looks good (or necessary?? why is it like that?)

We are going to the jeweler tomorrow about the setting & sizing stuff (the stone is still loose).

I was initially wanting the stone set as low as possible, but now I realize I better make sure it sits high enough to allow for a wedding band.

Even if there is a space (if the rings don't sit flush) I think that would look better than that weird wave.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! Aneelcon just got a wave band to go along with her e-ring. Check this out:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-sparklies.14125/

(Sorry, I don't know how to create a link! I hope that works, if not it's the thread in Show Me the Ring titled "My New Sparklies" by aneelcon)

I really prefer when the wedding band sits flush against the e-ring. I know there are people who like having that gap, but I'm not one of them. If the low setting is creating a gap, the wave ring might be a great alternative to get those rings to sit flush.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I love the X prong e-rings...but never thought about the wedding band fitting with it, so I am glad you brought it up.
1.gif

I would think that there will be some occasions where you may want to wear just the wedding band and the wave may look odd alone.
But, I have only seen the wave ring with an e-ring attached, so its hard to say.

-Sarah

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! I knew there had to be a picture out there.

What if, say if you were going to go out w/o your e-ring, you just turn the wedding band around so the wave was underneath?

Personally, I do like seeing the two rings sit flush. But I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should buy the ring and propose first?!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha! Diagnolman, you're too funny! I didn't realize that you haven't even bought the ring or proposed yet. You deserve some kudos for thinking that far ahead. I think people get so caught up in just the e-ring that they forget they'll have to choose a wedding ring to go along with it. Then, they get stuck with an e-ring that is so difficult to match to any ring. So, good for you for thinking ahead!

I actually think the wave ring looks cool alone too. I don't know, that little bump is different from the ordinary straight band. I like it!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Can't stand wave bands, myself. They make the wedding ring look like an afterthought--whereas to me, the wedding ring is the important ring, since it symbolizes the marriage. And I like to be able to wear my wedding band alone.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Glitterata. The wave ring looks like an afterthought.

And, will it spin?

That would look stupid, too.

I'd really like to get matching wedding bands with my (to be) husband, but I doubt if we'll be able to agree (he won't want to wear an eternity band...)
9.gif
9.gif

hee hee

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I see both points.

1. The Wave band is sorta thinking ahead for those who like flush fit bands, but really want a lower set diamond too.

2. However, the odd-ness of the wave band by itself has to be reconciled by the wearer. If you can't, then the point is moot.

There's this other band I saw... I think it only really works with standard Tiffany style 4 and 6 prong e-rings. They have little notches cut out of the wedding band to accommodate for the prong arms. Lemme find a pic.

The jury's still out for me tho... I'll have to show the GF the options once she says, "Yes." (If she says yes!)

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a link to GOG's site. It's kinda hard to see on some, but you get the idea. Flush fit bands, but the notches accommodate the prongs. Similarly, you could spin the ring around if you're not wearing the e-ring.

PS: Thanks for the props Sumi!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Where is the link?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen Precision Set's pieces as well...They are MADE to look perfect together.

Precision Set jewelry

Some of the rounds look lower set than is nromal for such flush settings of w-bands against them...that's promising!
love.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez, great link! I had never heard of precision set before, but I absolutely love them. I think thats a great way to go.

And, yes...you get major brownie points with me too for planning ahead.
appl.gif
I can't wait to see the ring(s) you choose.

-Sarah

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I don't have a picture of the setting so you can see, the ring we chose is not the Vatche x-prong after all. It looks a lot like it, but it's made by Alfred Butler. I did a web search, but no info... which seemed a little weird. Anyway, BF had actually brought a picture of the Vatche x-prong off the web and we compared the two. The Alfred Butler ring does not require the wave band - it is designed straighter and doesn't really flare out slightly as the x-prong does.

I am so glad I read these threads because it had never occurred to me to try on wedding bands with the e-ring.
The first thing I tried on was just as wide as the e-ring and it felt awful & looked awful.
So we actually pulled back and reconsidered settings.
Eventually I was really in love with the Alfred Butler ring and found that a very slender wedding band (2-3 mm) gave me the look & the comfort I was after.
I'm still not sure about an eternity band or a plain band because when you get decent sized stones on the eternity band it just starts getting bulky (for my comfort, anyway)
Ahhh such fun decisions. We have over a year to figure out the wedding bands but it's nice to know what the options are.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
If you find any info on Alfred Butler settings, please post. I'm always interested in new setting options.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I searched the web and found that there is an Alfred Butler Inc. that will an exhibitor at the JA New York Summer Show on July 25-28, 2004 (at booth 2437).

Maybe this is someone who only trades with B&M ? I can't find an presence on the internet.

The salesman at Smyth (a big jewelry store in Maryland) said the ring would be made to fit my stone and the prongs are pulled by hand into the trellis shape. He told us to expect a wait of about 4 weeks.

The price was right in line with Vatche, which is partly why I just assumed it was the x-prong.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think that's it! The prongs definitely look the way I remember them.

I wish they showed more angles so you can see it from the side and the top.

This is turning into a question for David Emslie or Griffin.

I am just curious as to how these vendors work. Maybe Alfred Butler, Inc. purposely sells only to their business partners.

Maybe they want you to go to the B&M store to get their stuff? hmm who knows.

I just want to say that Smyth gave us a great deal and the customer service has been awesome. They were more than willing to give Sarin reports on stones and fit into the budget pretty quickly once we got serious.

No champagne, but they did give me a Diet Coke!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results