shape
carat
color
clarity

Warning - awful packaging from Neo Lab Diamonds

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am going home now to inspect the stones because I’m kind of worried about possible damage. They shipped it in a paper envelope that was not even padded. Then the other inner envelope was just a regular envelope that you would mail a card in and it had holes in it from the impact of the stones pressing against it. I mean I wonder if it was run through a machine or something?! I just think that’s really crappy. It’s coming from Canada to the USA so you would think they would’ve packaged it more carefully especially since shipping cost $50! I have blacked out my address but you can see below.

76924683-A968-4252-9ADD-1B004D9926B2.jpeg 95BC9540-6705-486D-958C-61002D5436E2.jpeg
A9BC2029-1934-4415-A124-0D0B25F62636.jpeg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow. And the envelope looks like it was stepped on too! I would be frustrated as well. I hope the stones are OK.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, that’s not great. When I got mine sent to the uk they came in full padded packaging and the stones were in small plastic display case. Hope they are okay.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
What!!!! And this is supposed to be from a well known company too?? Nah uh. I really hope your diamonds are okay :( that would make me constantly worried about a stress fracture or something.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
That is the worst packaging I have ever seen for a gemstone or jewelry! Diamonds are hard but they aren’t indestructible!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh wtf??? I would be super upset about that

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that’s not great. When I got mine sent to the uk they came in full padded packaging and the stones were in small plastic display case. Hope they are okay.

I figured they didn’t package yours this way or you wouldn’t have recommended! I’m planning on messaging them about it. This picture is taken inside the envelope you can see holes in the shape of emerald diamonds as they pressed against it! That’s why I’m so worried it was run through some type of machine like they can do for letters :( This envelope is for documents not parcels.

Attachments

• D1254852-DBDD-468B-9A9A-A9E808D611FA.jpeg
    D1254852-DBDD-468B-9A9A-A9E808D611FA.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 12

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
I figured they didn’t package yours this way or you wouldn’t have recommended! I’m planning on messaging them about it. This picture is taken inside the envelope you can see holes in the shape of emerald diamonds as they pressed against it! That’s why I’m so worried it was run through some type of machine like they can do for letters :( This envelope is for documents not parcels.
That is utterly shocking. And with the size of the side stone diamonds they could easily have got lost. I would definitely have major complaints.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That is utterly shocking. And with the size of the side stone diamonds they could easily have got lost. I would definitely have major complaints.

Yeah I just sent a message via WhatsApp and I see that they saw the message (blue check marks) I don’t know if the person I’m messaging us the same person who packaged them up or not. We will see if they respond.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Update they seem pretty horrified. They are going to contact the person who package it up and also contact FedEx. They asked me to inspect the stones and that they will replace them if there’s an issue. But I really don’t know what to look for because they look OK on the outside and I’ll look at them with my loop but I’m not sure what I’m looking for. They are really small stones. The rep said to look for “surface scratches“.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Update they seem pretty horrified. They are going to contact the person who package it up and also contact FedEx. They asked me to inspect the stones and that they will replace them if there’s an issue. But I really don’t know what to look for because they look OK on the outside and I’ll look at them with my loop but I’m not sure what I’m looking for. They are really small stones. The rep said to look for “surface scratches“.
Is there a refund for any reason or only for “obvious damage”? Depending on how you feel about it, if it were me I would probably send them all back and ask for a full refund. I suppose you could get them inspected but that would likely cost you something to evaluate their mistake.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
When I look back through our thread I see they sent me a photograph of the stones and the stones were in a little case. I’m still in disbelief over here.
8D06B9A5-1C72-484E-9CD7-4C1EC04F3BE2.jpeg
Do you guys think I should ask for an exchange even if I can’t see anything on the stones? I mean I’m not a professional and I have a little loupe but nothing expensive or really high tech. So unless it’s some obvious chip I don’t know if I would see? Plus every time I hold a little things I think one’s gonna fly out of my hand because they are small. Ugh!

On a sidenote do you think that these stones are the right size for the center? Proportion wise? It’s really hard to tell when they are not set and they were a little smaller than I thought they might look. Stones roll upside down in order for me to put them side-by-side.

image.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Is there a refund for any reason or only for “obvious damage”? Depending on how you feel about it, if it were me I would probably send them all back and ask for a full refund. I suppose you could get them inspected but that would likely cost you something to evaluate their mistake.

I just saw this I think we were typing at the same time. I’m not sure I just told the person that I will look at them more carefully and get back to them. I am hopeful they will be accommodating because they seem pretty upset about it as well.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it's an added expense, but I would consider taking them to an appraiser or jeweler. I'd be afraid there might be internal damage.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I know it's an added expense, but I would consider taking them to an appraiser or jeweler. I'd be afraid there might be internal damage.

The more I’m thinking about it the more I just want to say I want to exchange them even if I can’t see anything. I don’t really want to take them to a jeweler because I would have to drive two hours and a half to get to anybody decent. And I don’t feel like I should have to pay for a mistake that they made. The idea that they would ship something like this is just astounding.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
They should either cover the cost of having them inspected by a professional or cover the cost of return shipping for an exchange.
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like they would never be mind clean after receiving them that way and I would always be looking for scuffs or scratches.
I’m sorry!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This is an outrage.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
They should either cover the cost of having them inspected by a professional or cover the cost of return shipping for an exchange.
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like they would never be mind clean after receiving them that way and I would always be looking for scuffs or scratches.
I’m sorry!

Yes I just wrote them and asked for an exchange and asked for them to send me a label. We will see what they say. I could never be mine clean about this. Ever.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
You guys are really getting the play-by-play. They told me that I could take it to an appraiser and they could pay for that. I told him I didn’t want to really drive three hours and I just want to do an exchange. They said that to create the diamonds In a lab is 1000 times more pressure than a letter machine would do. Also said emerald cuts don’t chip like rounds so if something was damaged I would see it very easily under the loupe. I just said I would prefer to ship it back so they did agree. Sigh. What a bummer. Now I’m paranoid they’ll ship the same ones.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if anybody in the trade can weigh in on this? Diamonds being run through some sort of letter machine? I don’t know if you guys know anybody who can be tagged that might have some insight.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I’m thinking about it the more I just want to say I want to exchange them even if I can’t see anything. I don’t really want to take them to a jeweler because I would have to drive two hours and a half to get to anybody decent. And I don’t feel like I should have to pay for a mistake that they made. The idea that they would ship something like this is just astounding.

I don't blame you. They should definitely do an exchange for you. You shouldn't have to go through any of this.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That is the worst packaging I have ever seen for a gemstone or jewelry! Diamonds are hard but they aren’t indestructible!!!

Especially if they can rub against each other, packaged loosely like that. Most vendors would put them into a little case sitting on foam so they don't move around at least! Just wow...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions. I’d be tempted to ask for an exchange because I am a novice and wouldn’t feel confident I could identify any and all potential damage. Interested to see what others think!

I agree the proportions look great. But I also would be upset and feel unsure about damage due to how they were shipped and would probably ask for a refund or do an exchange. But I don't know if you can trust them to send new ones and not just resend these. I am sorry you are going through this.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
But I don't know if you can trust them to send new ones and not just resend these. I am sorry you are going through this.

I’m a bit concerned about being sent the same ones too. The person I spoke with seems horrified by the packaging (they didn’t do it) yet still trying to say they were okay and wanting me to keep them. They did issue a return label. I’ll keep everyone updated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a bit concerned about being sent the same ones too. The person I spoke with seems horrified by the packaging (they didn’t do it) yet still trying to say they were okay and wanting me to keep them. They did issue a return label. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Ugh. Good luck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is crazy! An envelope is pretty unacceptable, and the diamonds should have been in a box as they were pictured in above! I do think you could see damage with a loupe, but I don't blame you for sending them back. I'd just go with a different vendor this time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results