shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to know what I''ve been MIA lately?...Because I got a new cute Sphynx kitty!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Meet Blueberry!!!! She is a 2 year old spayed hairless Sphynx cat with creamy pink color with blueish spots. She is just so adorable in person and feels like a warm peach to the touch. She is also super sweet and gregarious. When I did some reading about the breed, these cats are known for their outgoing personalities and she sure is!! She is constantly following us around the house, purring, and kneeding us. She also loves to play and is very active. We are so in love!!! We have both been so distracted lately and I haven''t been on PS for a while...blame the cat LOL :)

DH has cat allergies, but I''ve desperately wanted a pet. I did some research and hairless Sphynx cats are supposed to be among the best for allergies. I suggested to DH that we visit a breeder to see if he has a reaction. We decided that we wanted an adult instead of a kitten because the kittens are very expensive and also both of us have issues buying a purebred when there are so many pets that need homes in shelters and humane societies. We decided that an adult cat would be less desirable, so we decided to look for a retired breeder Sphynx. It took months, but finally a breeder out here in So Cal emailed us that she had a retired 2 year old breeder available. Apparently, when they tried to breed her she got uterine infections instead of getting pregnant, so they spayed her. This was fine with us since we just wanted her as a pet. DH only has minor alergies to her and only after he was playing with her or petting her. It looks like we finally found our perfect pet!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some pictures!

sphynx_1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
one of her favorite activities is looking out the window and sitting in the sun. However, we have to watch her when the window is open because she can get sunburn.

sphynx_2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
she loves curling up in blankets and baskets, especially when she is cold. We don''t let her sleep with us because of DH''s allergies, but when he is gone and she sleeps with me she cuddles up under the covers...

sphynx_3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
...oops, someone woke up from the camera and is wondering what I am doing...

sphynx_4.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
...looking at the birds outside....

sphynx_5.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her eyes are a beautiful color of gold.

sphynx_6.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

sphynx_7.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
playing hide and seek with mom and dad

sphynx_8.jpg

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Blueberry is absolutely beautiful!! I have tried talking DH into looking at this breed, but no luck yet. I hear that the Sphynx needs quite a bit of maintenance... do you have to give her weekly baths and etc?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
snuggle time on dad''s lap

sphynx_9.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
at night her eyes glow in the dark...but not quite as creepy as this picture LOL.

sphynx_10.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 4:14:15 PM
Author: allikatac
Blueberry is absolutely beautiful!! I have tried talking DH into looking at this breed, but no luck yet. I hear that the Sphynx needs quite a bit of maintenance... do you have to give her weekly baths and etc?
Hi allikatac, yes she is a high maintenance kitty.

However, it''s well made up for because we don''t have to vacuum up hair ever! She requires monthly baths, weekly nail clippings, and her ears and eyes need to be wiped occassionally because she doesn''t have any gaurd hairs. Her ear wax builds up and I have to wipe it out about every week or so. Some breeders recommend giving more frequent baths, but this breeder suggested only monthly because more freuquent bathing producing more oil in the skin which requires more bathing. We''ve had her for about a month and gave her a first bath the other day. She didn''t like it, but she was much more patient about it than other cats I''ve had since she''s used to it more.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, she''s so cute!!! My DH and I used to go to cat shows (although we haven''t been to one in quite a while) and I have seen a lot of cat breeds but I''ve never actually seen a Syhynx. I was wondering about the bathing thing too. It''s great that you adopted a bit older cat.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blueberry is very pretty. I bet she''s lots of fun!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 4:21:36 PM
Author: Cind11
Awwww, she''s so cute!!! My DH and I used to go to cat shows (although we haven''t been to one in quite a while) and I have seen a lot of cat breeds but I''ve never actually seen a Syhynx. I was wondering about the bathing thing too. It''s great that you adopted a bit older cat.
Aw, your kitty is so adorable too! sphynx are so friendly and cute in person, much cuter than in pictures. Hopefully, you''ll see one at a show eventually! We are very happy we adopted an older cat too and an added bonus is that we don''t have to do any litter training!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 4:38:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Blueberry is very pretty. I bet she''s lots of fun!!
Aw thanks Kaleigh, she is loads of fun!! She loves to play with her mom and dad and provides endless hours of entertainment for us. She is very goofy sometimes with her behavior.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Awww... very cute! I''m very happy for your new pet. It''s always so nice to see a pet find a good home- especially one of the "less desirable" ones. :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 4:51:40 PM
Author: sera
Awww... very cute! I''m very happy for your new pet. It''s always so nice to see a pet find a good home- especially one of the ''less desirable'' ones. :)
Aw, thanks sera. All of my cats growing up were rescue cats, so it was difficult for me to adopt a purebred. We definitely felt better about adopting an adult because they aren''t in as high of demand. she is definitely very loved with us and seems to be happy in her new home!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww she''s beautiful! I love her eyes.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OhMyWord!!!! She''s beautiful and adorable!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE Sphynx''s, and I have heard so many GOOD things about them!

Congratulations! What a wonderful story. I know she will bring you years and years of joy and laughter.

Now, um... more pictures, please?!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie! She sounds like a bundle of fun, and I can tell how much you already adore her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoy her--she is adorable! Great name too.....

cheers--Sharon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am trying to think of the right way to describe her.... Its really annoying me because I want use the correct word... Let me think for a minute...

Elegant!! Thats it!! You know when you see ladies who carry themselves so well and look really classy? Thats what she is - a classy cat!!

I love cats but my daughter has major allergies. I would love one just like yours!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
She is gorgeous - I''d LOVE to have one.

Can I ask how bad your husbands allergies are normally and how bad they are with this particular breed?

My FI has very bad cat allergies, but would love a cat. I keep looking at Sphynx and wondering...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 5:34:51 PM
Author: bee*
Aww she''s beautiful! I love her eyes.
Thanks, her eyes are very pretty in person...almost piercing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 5:35:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
OhMyWord!!!! She''s beautiful and adorable!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE Sphynx''s, and I have heard so many GOOD things about them!

Congratulations! What a wonderful story. I know she will bring you years and years of joy and laughter.

Now, um... more pictures, please?!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
They really are a wonderful breed, so much fun and very friendly! I will try to take some more pictures later this weekend for you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 6:29:00 PM
Author: Pandora II
She is gorgeous - I'd LOVE to have one.

Can I ask how bad your husbands allergies are normally and how bad they are with this particular breed?

My FI has very bad cat allergies, but would love a cat. I keep looking at Sphynx and wondering...
Yes, I will be interested in hearing a little more about her DH's allergies, too. I understand that it is a specific protein in cats' saliva that most people are actually *allergic* too, and (also as I understand it) Sphynx's have that protein just like other cats. But yet anecdotally, I have heard and read that many people do seem far less allergy-affected by a Sphynx than other breeds. Great news for allergy sufferers, but rather perplexing!
33.gif

I have also heard that Ragdolls are more hypoallergenic than a lot of other cats, because (allegedly) they have *hair* rather than *fur*... I don't know if that's the case with Boo or not. I do know that my DH also has allergies and asthma, but he tolerates Boo very well. (Thank goodness!) But as Boo is semi-longhaired, there is cat hair EVERYWHERE... so if someone was allergic to *cat hair* (is that even an allergy? I don't really know!) they would NOT likely do well in my house!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

ETA: Oh, Pandora -- how are your darling little hedgehogs doing? If you have posted any updates lately, I have missed them!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a precious! Good on you for giving her a home, K!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
EEEK! She is sooooooooo GORGEOUS! She looks like a beautiful cat statue in the one where she''s sitting up and facing the camera. But I love how she''s just a regular kitty in most of the pictures! What a special kitty!

I love my cats so much-they seriously provide endless hours of entertainment, not to mention that they keep me company! They''re just such good little friends! I know you will love having her around-it looks like you already do!

Feel free to post more pics of Blueberry! (Cute name, too!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results