shape
carat
color
clarity

Want my ring back- East Queen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I dropped my ring off with my jewelery on Tuesday to get sizing beads. She told me she would put a rush on it and I would get it Friday. She is in the suburbs where my FI works, we live in the city. No problem he will pick it up for me today. I just called and asked if it was done and I have never been talked to so rudely! I asked if it was there, and was told bluntly she didnt know. I asked if it would be there later today she said she didnt know. When dealing with items of such value it would help if she sounded SOMEWHAT concerned or intererested. I asked when Cathy (my jeweler and apparantly the only one that knows what is going on) would be there since she would know. I was then told that "the system said my ring was supposed to be there today and it isnt there SO please call before coming to get it." Isnt that what i''m doing right now.

UURGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I''m frustrated. After spending well over $10,000 in your store, I would think that you could give me at least mediocre customer service. I am so upset! And wish i wouldve used anyother jeweler in the city at this point. As pretty as my ring is, someone else couldve made it and at least been nice to me.

Heres to hoping it even comes back as it is not on their priority list!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SO frustrating!!! Don''t they realize how emotionally-charged e-rings are??? Not that they should be RUDE to anyone ... but a little sympathy/compassion/customer service would be NICE!

Aiigh. It''s like some doctors - just dropping the bomb about major illnesses. They see it everyday and are used to it, toughened by it, cold -- and don''t realize that others are more sensitive. Some jewelry vendors are just like "blah blah - another ring, another day" - but when its YOUR ring - infuriating!!!

Hope it''s ready today anyway!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Don't let her speak to you like that. I appsolutely hate it when salespeople forget that even though our purchases may not be important to them, they are extremely important to us.
29.gif
I tend to get on people's nerves because I'm the nervous type and will call and call to see what's going on. Inevitably, I get the rude salesperson who sounds annoyed that I called and that I am bothering her. Whatever. I usually calmly say, "I am spending alot of money on this and I would like to stay updated with the project." Next time she answers the phone ask to speak with someone else or tell her $10,000 is alot of money and you expect better customer service for it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am sorry to hear that. Some people just don''t get it do they. Anyway I hope it''s ready later today. Let us know and good luck!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2005 1:18:34 PM
Author:msflutter
. I was then told that ''the system said my ring was supposed to be there today and it isnt there SO please call before coming to get it.'' Isnt that what i''m doing right now.

Exactly.
29.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so angry
29.gif
29.gif

My FI just called them and they said they dont have it, maybe tomorrow. Talk about incompetance! I called before noon, they could have at least called the benchcraftsman to find out if he has it. They said call back tomorrow but they should have it by next week. SHOULD HAVE IT???

I have lost all respect for them due to their lack of customer service. There are so many jewelers in Chicagoland I really dont need to be working with one that is rude to me and doesnt care where my ring is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that! That sucks that you won''t have it over the weekend. Any way you can speak to someone else and pin them down on a day and time? I can''t imagine it takes much time to put in sizing beads!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Where are these places finding these salespeople, the DMV?

shay

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have never had a piece delivered on time. It always takes at least a week. I had 2 simple rings sized- was told 1 week- it was 2! I think they just tell you it will be a week and they know full well it will be much longer. Very frustrating but not at all unusual in my opinion. Rudeness is unusal however, and should not be tolerated by management. When you get the ring back I''d let the owner know how you were treated.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks! You should talk to the manager/owner. That is not right. If they promise it by a certain day they need to have it done or at least say they are sorry and try to explain their mistake. I''ll keep my fingers crossed that you get your beautiful ring back ASAP! I know how hard it is to wait for it then have to be without it for a week (Happened to me when I lost a melee)
7.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what WTNLVR said. I too have never had a piece delivered on time, I almost laugh when they bother to offer me a date that's 2 days away. I know that's never going to happen, and it hasn't.

However, to be treated that way as a customer is completely unacceptable and I would most definitely make mention of it to the management. Do they think that you're NEVER going to buy jewlery again in your life? Don't want repeat customers? Don't want referrals to friends? Cuz that associate who treated you rudely sure isn't doing them any favors.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DISGUSTING
29.gif
29.gif
I would be hopping mad too
29.gif
I always believe in writing a letter to thank people who have really gone out of their way for me, it also applies when they HAVEN''T. I would write a letter to the manager after you have your ring back stating your concerns as to how you were treated. This might prevent this from happening to someone else and make them pull their socks up pronto. I am sorry to hear how they treated you , you have every right to feel upset, especially as you trusted them with your precious ring and spent such a lot of money with them. I hope you get it back soon and you are delighted with it, let us know how you get on
35.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Update! I have my ring back, the sizing beads are perfect. The ring fits without spinning and I love it! The customer service issue is disheartening. We had talked to her about a ruby pear pendant for the wedding, but will probably look around at other jewelers. I know you all say pieces come late, but it was just beads and I was promised it would come on time for a party we had Friday night. If it came a week late and I was spoken to with respect it may have been another issue all together.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you got your ring back and it''s perfect! I think finding another jeweler might be the best thing, though. Surely you can find one with better customer service who still provides an excellent product.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
So glad you got it back!
36.gif

I would definitely look around for another jeweler. You should never have been talked to the way you were, and no matter how decent the work is, I just wouldn''t want to put up with the attitude.

fluffyneko

Rough_Rock
Hi msflutter again -

I have replied to your post earlier, b/c I also have a ruby engagement ring made from East Queen. Then I wanted post the ring pic, but I still haven''t gotten a chance to get a digital camera then I got busy blah, blah...anyhoo time has past and I peeked the site here saw your posting again - I was speechless, I am sorry for what happened. I am saying this b/c I went through a similar situation.
I did not want to mention anything bad when someone is excited and happy, especially like getting an engagement ring. So I did not bring negatives about the store either.
There are quite few incidents with them but let me start from this one - I forgot to mention a small detail in the design I wanted, so I called Cathy & emailed her son to verify & clarify. Sure enough, the detail mentioned was not added to the final piece and her son never emailed me back. I was like, Okay - the ring looks stunning regardless, so forget about such minuscule stuff and be merry. Then shortly after, I noticed a minor, however pretty visible defect around the setting. I brought the ring back to the store and explained about the defect and the two sales women there immediately noticed the defect. They said they’d fix it and call me back. Guess, the same story. Weeks passed, and I didn’t hear a peep. Finally Cathy called me and said she can''t fix it, because she has to redo the whole thing. I wasn’t saying I would not pay for the repair at all even though I didn''t agree I have to cover the entire cost b/c it was their mistake to begin with. She got flustered and said, "I gave you such a good deal. If you don''t like it, you can just buy the stone". To make long story short, she agreed to negotiate the cost but I never went back to the store. I too live in the city so for one, it''s time consuming and two, I simply did not want to bother anymore. She did give me a good price so I just thought; oh well after all I couldn''t expect the VIP treatment for the money we spent. But I just wanted some kind of decency or concern from them.
I am thinking of reforming my ring. There is a good family owned jeweler near by me - I have used them mainly for repairs, but they are always on time, actually get things done before the promised date. So I am thinking of using them this time & buying our wedding bands too. And they ALWAYS call me back, I never had to call them. I just thought about referring this place to you.

http://www.stanleybrownjewelist.com/aboutus/

Good luck!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
Not cool, have you spoken to the owner/manager?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
MsFlutter - Glad you have your ring back!!!

Date: 11/7/2005 9:24:55 PM
Author: fluffyneko

She did give me a good price so I just thought; oh well after all I couldn''t expect the VIP treatment for the money we spent. But I just wanted some kind of decency or concern from them.
Regardless of the price you pay, you''re not asking them to bend over backwards for you, but just to stick to their word. Unfortunately I don''t think that is always true of when you pay more either. Too bad. Glad you ended up with rings you were happy with though, Fluffy, and post some pictures soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results